Wigger Heather Bogle black homicide suspect speaks out

1 view

Gary Roselles

Aug 24, 2016, 7:24:17 AM8/24/16
She was screwing this coon.

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-
/ac42ee7b5208a3afaa749260c2aed55d2ba2279e/c=0-0-200-
150&r=x404&c=534x401/local/-
/media/2015/09/11/Fremont/B9
318806567Z.1_20150911093731_000_G2JBSV56N.1-0.jpg

FREMONT - Omar Satchel admits to making mistakes in life, but
the man considered a prime suspect in the homicide of Heather
Bogle adamantly denies any involvement with the single mother
who was found dead in April.

While admitting to smoking marijuana, selling the drug as a teen
and abusing prescription pills, Satchel, 35, said he never met
or heard of Bogle before she disappeared April 9 and was found
dead in the trunk of her car the next day. A coroner's report
said Bogle had been bound at the wrists and ankles, beaten
severely, and shot twice in the back.

Satchel, who is being held at the Sandusky County Jail since his
arrest in May on parole and weapons violations charges from
Michigan, asserted his innocence in an interview at the jail
Monday.

"I didn't kill this girl. I never met her and I didn't know what
she looked like until someone showed me a picture saying she was
killed. I am fighting to be vindicated," Satchel said.

The lead investigator in the Bogle case, Sandusky County
Sheriff's Detective Sean O'Connell, said he has evidence showing
that Satchel did know Bogle.

Satchel is awaiting a jury trial that has been delayed several
times.

In September, O'Connell changed Satchel's status in the Bogle
investigation, from being a person of interest to one of two
suspects in the brutal slaying of the 28-year-old Ballville
Township woman.

"Initially it was, 'We think you know something,' to now I am a
suspect," Satchel said. "They (investigators) are trying to set
me up. I can't tell them what I don't know. I just want to get
the truth out there. They got the wrong guy. ... I am innocent."

O'Connell said the weapon involved in Satchel's arrest in May
belonged to Satchel's fiancee, Margaret Sims of Fremont. It came
up missing when police searched Sims' Front Street home, and
Sims told police the gun had been stolen, according to O'Connell.

After investigators spoke with Satchel, he told them he took the
gun from Sims' home, O'Connell said.

Satchel said he has no malice toward O'Connell or any other
investigator, but compared the investigation to trying to get
"water out of rock." He said he believes he is a suspect because
of race.

"Look at the situation. ...There are not too many black people
in Clyde. Sean (O'Connell) told me 'I know it's not you, but
I'll make it you,'" Satchel said.

O'Connell rejected Satchel's assertion, saying has never
threatened to make Satchel the scapegoat in the investigation.
He said all of his interactions with Satchel have been recorded.

During the eight months of investigating, O'Connell said he
feels comfortable he has gathered enough evidence to connect
Satchel to the homicide.

Bogle's body was found in the trunk of her car parked at the
Somerton Apartments on Hickory Street in Clyde around 8 p.m. on
April 10. Police believe the car had been there at least 14
hours.

Satchel said he has an alibi to prove his innocence. He said he
was staying at the Days Inn Hotel on Ohio 53 from April 8 to 10.
He said left the hotel around the time of the murder to visit
three bars in Fremont.

"(On April 10) I went the Copper Penny, Anthony's Bar and Da Pit
Stop at 1 p.m., and got back (to the hotel) at 11:30 p.m.,"
Satchel said.

O'Connell said evidence obtained during searches and through
interviews will reveal not only that Satchel knew Bogle, but
that he was at the Somerton Apartments on April 10, the night
Bogle's body was found.

O'Connell did not dispute Satchel's whereabouts when Bogle's
body was found, but said the timeline of where and when Satchel
was at the bars does not mean he did not move from location to
location at various times.

Authorities twice searched a Somerton Apartment rented by Keyona
Bor, 24, who, along with Satchel, has been named a suspect in
Bogle's death.

Satchel said he knows Bor, but that the two only hung out when
they had free time. He said he did not know Kathaline Mora,
whose rental home at 503 Bidwell Avenue was searched as part of
the Bogle investigation.

While authorities and the state Bureau of Criminal Investigation
and Identification have processed evidence from the apartment
and the Bidwell house, it is unknown what, if anything, was
found that would implicate the three.

Satchel said Monday he knew who Mora was, but that he did not
know her personally.

O'Connell said Satchel has admitted to having a sexual
relationship with Bor, calling them friends with benefits. After
questioning the women, O'Connell said Mora told him she and Bor
were best friends.

Recently, O'Connell said a white SUV believed to have been used
as a getaway vehicle in the Bogle homicide belonged to a man in
the Bellevue area who may be an associate of Satchel and Bor,
according to a tip given to the detective.

"I have never been to Bellevue and I don't know anyone there,"
Satchel said.

Since his incarceration on May 5, Satchel said he has has spent
time in prison working out, reading and helping other inmates
with legal concerns. After graduating from Northern High School
in Detroit, Satchel said he worked as a cook and did home
improvement projects, jobs that he continued to do after moving
to Fremont in 2014.

Each day behind bars seems to be the same for Satchel, who wears
a jail-issue orange jump suit with a long white-sleeve
undershirt.

He said he thinks about his four kids and hopes to see them soon.

"I admit my mistakes. I am trying to take care of what I need to
do for what happened in Michigan," he said.

With his trial pushed back once again, Satchel's case may not be
heard until late January at the earliest. By then he would have
been incarcerated for more than eight months, which he believes
is a violation of his right to a speedy trial.

Satchel is set to appear in Sandusky County Common Pleas Court
for a pretrial hearing at 11 a.m. on Jan. 21.

"My son Omarion is 12, getting ready to turn 13. He is doing
well in school. I just miss not being there with my kids. You
start missing everything. The way they throw a ball, or the way
they pout when they get in trouble. I miss my family," Satchel
said.

csh...@gannett.com

419-334-1035

http://www.thenews-
messenger.com/story/news/local/2015/12/21/bogle-homicide-suspect-
speaks-out/77694496/