Today in Scientology -- January 22nd *******************************************

Scientology Today

Jan 23, 2020, 11:05:12 AM1/23/20
Today January 22nd in Scientology history

Secret Ontario documents found in U.S. cult's files
January 22, 1980, John Marshall, Globe and Mail
https://www.culteducation.com/group/1284-scientology/24602-secret-ontario-documents-found-in-us-cults-files-.html

Confidential documents from various Ontario Government offices
including an attorney-general's communication about police intelligence
operations have been found in U.S. Church of Scientology files.

The documents were part of the evidence submitted by federal attorneys
in the Washington prosecution of U.S. leaders of the cult on charges of
conspiring to steal government documents and obstruct justice by
coverups and by kidnapping an informer.

Tags: Canada, Casey Hill, Committee on the Healing Arts, Daniel Hill, David
Mitchell, Frank Drea, James Erskine, John Lee, Kenneth Whitman, Kidnapping, L.
Ron Hubbard, LAPD, Lee Report, Marriage, Mary Sue Hubbard, Matthew Dymond,
Michael Meisner, Missing documents, Ontario Attorney-General, Ontario Human
Rights Commission, Ontario Ministry of Consumer and Commercial Relations,
Ontario Ministry of Health, Ontario Registrar-General, OPP, Raid, RCMP, Ruby
Code, Secondary copy, Simon Chester, Snow White Program

Scientologist quits campaign for seat on commission
January 22, 1987, Kathy Subko, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/49923100.html?dids=49923100:49923100&FMT=FT

Saying he did not want to "turn a political decision into a debate of
morals or religion," Church of Scientology member Robert Cetti withdrew
his name Wednesday as a candidate for the City Commission.

Tags: Clearwater, Jim Calderbank, Marge Calderbank, Richard Haworth, Robert
Cetti

Lawyer rejoins state attorney's staff in Pasco
January 22, 1988, Richard Danielson, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/51253309.html?dids=51253309:51253309&FMT=FT

Allweiss also participated in a state-wide grand jury investigation
into drug-smuggling and an investigation involving the Church of
Scientology.

In addition to handling of high-profile cases as a prosecutor and
defense attorney, Allweiss has been the victim of violent crime.

In June 1983, Allweiss had just arrived at work in St. Petersburg and
was stepping from his black Ferarri when a former client, Charles
"Chick" Plummer, ambushed him with a .38-caliber pistol.

Tags: 1963, 1973, 1979, 1980, 1983, Allen Allweiss, Lawyer, New Port Richey,
Pasco County, Pinellas-Pasco State Attorney, St. Petersburg

Link between drugs, school violence discounted
January 22, 2007, Terry Organ, Kingman Daily Miner
http://www.kingmandailyminer.com/main.asp?SectionID=13&SubSectionID=18&ArticleID=11169&TM=48010.15

A copy of the e-mail was forwarded to Mohave Mental Health. Dr. Ernest
Harman, director of inpatient psychiatry, responded to it.

"First of all, you have to recognize where (CCHR) is coming from,"
Harman said. "They're a mouthpiece for the Church of Scientology, which
is big on anti-psychiatry drugs.

Tags: CCHR, Eric Harris

Scientology Treatment Program for Prisoners Funded by Feds
January 22, 2007, Boston University School of Public Health
https://web.archive.org/web/20090129184214/http://www.jointogether.org/news/headlines/inthenews/2007/scientology-treatment-program.html

Second Chance is the only Scientology-based treatment center for
inmates in the U.S. A former chief district judge from Albuquerque, W.
John Brennan, is a paid consultant hired to promote the program to his
former colleagues. But the current chief district judge, William Lang,
doesn't want judges to make referrals to the program, saying he is
suspicious of its relationship with the Church of Scientology even
though program officials say there is no link.

Brennan was arrested four years ago and charged with drunk driving and
cocaine possession. He first sought treatment at the Betty Ford Center,
but later tried Scientology. Judge Lang also has battled alcoholism and
attends 12-step meetings.

Randall Suggs, a Scientologist who is part owner of the Arizona
Diamondbacks baseball teams, had provided $300,000 to launch the
program, and the state of New Mexico contributed $300,000. Second
Chance later received $350,000 in federal funds, but that money is
about to run out. Brennan has appeared before the state legislature to
request $3.6 million to fund the program.

Tags: Albuquerque, John Brennan, Judge William Lang, New Mexico, Randall
Suggs, Second Chance

Cops learn to mind their P's and Q's-Bangalore-Cities
January 22, 2008, Times of India
https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/Bangalore/Cops_learn_to_mind_their_Ps_and_Qs/articleshow/2719608.cms

Los Angeles-based India Scientology Goodwill Tour organized the
workshop to make police interactions more effective and people-friendly.

Tags: India, Mariana Vitta

Cruise's flim-flam works for Scientology
January 22, 2008, Roger Coombs, Daily Telegraph
https://www.news.com.au/opinion/cruises-flim-flam-works-for-scientology/story-e6frfs99-1111115369414

The biography ? Tom Cruise, An unauthorised biography by the
almost-as-famous British author Andrew Morton ? is, according to the
Church of Scientology, nothing more than a tissue of lies and, in
accord with the church's standard operating procedures, no effort has
been spared to disparage book and author.

But Australian readers won't get the chance to make up their own minds.
Aware of the church's litigious approach to anything critical of its
beliefs or philosophies, Australian publishers and distributors have
decided it's not worth the trouble to stock the volume. So, whether the
Cruise book would have been a best seller here, we'll never know.

The video of Cruise enthusiastically endorsing Scientology, and his own
role in it, as the panacea for all the world's ills is a different
matter. Various edited and unedited versions of it are on the internet.

Tags: Andrew Morton, Australia, Keep Scientology Working, Tom Cruise

Exclusive: Scientology 'Straight'ening Closeted Actors For Years, Says Author
January 22, 2008, MollyF, Gawker
https://gawker.com/347539/exclusive-scientology-straightening-closeted-actors-for-years-says-author

But on to the actual celeb scoop. After a 1991 article in Time came out
claiming John Travolta was being held hostage in the church, scared
that by defecting, they'd reveal everything he'd confessed to them
about his homosexuality, he announced his engagement to Kelly Preston
two days later. 17 years later, he's still a proud card-carrying member.

Tags: Anna Nicole Smith, Hollywood Undercover, Ian Halperin, John Travolta,
Kelly Preston, LGBTQ, Michael Pattinson, Tom Cruise

Scientologists hit back at German newspaper over Cruise-Goebbels comparison
January 22, 2008, Emily Sheridan, Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/pages/live/articles/showbiz/showbiznews.html?in_article_id=509587&in_page_id=1773

Knopp said: "It may be the case that Cruise's delivery style is not
uncommon in certain religious movements in the U.S.

"But for Germans with an interest in history, that scene where he asks
whether the Scientologists should clean up the world and everyone
shouts 'yes' is inevitably reminiscent of Goebbels' notorious speech."

Tags: 1936, 1943, 1944, 1980, 2005, BBC, Berlin, Catholic, David Miscavige,
Freedom Medal of Valor, Germany, Guido Knopp, International Association of
Scientologists, John Travolta, Karin Pouw, Katie Holmes, Mimi Rogers, Nicole
Kidman, Pope, Thomas Gandow, Tom Cruise, Valkyrie

Scientology madness continues
January 22, 2008, Roger Coombs, Daily Telegraph
https://www.news.com.au/dailytelegraph/story/0,22049,23086098-5001031,00.html

British author Andrew Morton - is, according to the Church of
Scientology, nothing more than a tissue of lies and, in accord with the
church's standard operating procedures, no effort has been spared to
disparage book and author.

But Australian readers won't get the chance to make up their own minds.
Aware of the church's litigious approach to anything critical of its
beliefs or philosophies, Australian publishers and distributors have
decided it's not worth the trouble to stock the volume. So, whether the
Cruise book would have been a best seller here, we"ll never know.

Tags: Andrew Morton, Australia, Free Speech, KSW, Tom Cruise

Scientology secrets revealed
January 22, 2008, The Sun
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/article712294.ece

A CONTROVERSIAL Scientology orientation film which was pulled from
websites after it provoked outrage has been leaked onto the web.

The film - which makes accusations that the US Government has tried to
"steal" Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard's work - is called
Orientation: A Scientology Information Film.

And the footage also alleges that the US Government has spent millions
of dollars on mind control techniques.

Tags: Orientation (film)

Scientology video appears online
January 22, 2008, Mark Schliebs, news.com.au
https://www.news.com.au/story/0,23599,23091632-23109,00.html

A SCIENTOLOGY orientation film which accuses the US Government of
spending millions on mind control techniques and attempting to "steal"
church founder L. Ron Hubbard's work has reappeared online.

The grainy 36-minute video, entitled Orientation: A Scientology
Information Film, appeared to have been uploaded after being captured
by a handheld camera from inside one of the church's introductory
sessions.

Tags: Norman Starkey, Orientation (film)

of Scientology.

Hoskins will introduce "Psychiatry: An Industry of Death" at the
Jamestown Mall in Florissant on Saturday afternoon.

The touring exhibit, which made an appearance earlier this week in the
Capitol rotunda in Jefferson City, has been put together by the
Citizens Commission on Human Rights, which was founded by
Scientologists to further the group's views on psychiatry.

Tags: Citizens Commission on Human Rights, Psychiatry: An Industry of Death,
Ted Hoskins

Don't panic Haiti, the Scientologists are coming!
January 22, 2010, Marina Hyde, The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/lifeandstyle/lostinshowbiz/2010/jan/22/john-travolta-scientologists-haiti

Psychopath, conman, liar, fantasist, fraudster, bully, tax evader,
megalomaniac ? it's fair to say L Ron Hubbard's death was a blow to
global humanitarianism. Happily, there is a silver lining to the cloud
that has hung over Earth since the founder of Scientology shed his
corporeal form in 1986. That silver- lining is the high profile,
expansionist figures who represent his organisation today ? and the
good news is that they're turning their thoughts to Haiti.

Were an idiot like you to itemise the myriad things that this most
wretched of disaster zones currently lacked, chances are you'd omit
"militant Scientologists who claim post-traumatic stress is a
conspiracy created by the evil psychiatric profession, and who believe
the correct response to extreme shock is to touch sufferers with one
finger, before attempting to convert them to the ways of Hubbard".

All I can say is, thank God for John Travolta. The Wild Hogs legend has
unveiled his response to the unfolding crisis, announcing: "I have
arranged for a plane to take down some Volunteer Ministers and some
supplies and some medics." For the medics and supplies John must
obviously be thanked, but for the Volunteer Ministers ? arriving in
Haiti via Air Travolta along with scores from other Scientology
churches ? the same cannot be said.

Tags: 1986, 9/11, BBC, Beslan, Casualty Contact, Detox, E-meter, Fox News,
Haiti, John Travolta, Katrina, L. Ron Hubbard, London, Mental Health,
National Mental Health Association, New York, Purification Rundown, Quicky,
Russia, Touch Assist, Volunteer Ministers

Former Scientology Marketing Staffer Speaks Out After Leaving 'Cult'
January 22, 2010, Jim Edwards, BNET
http://industry.bnet.com/advertising/10005315/former-scientology-marketing-chief-speaks-out-after-leaving-cult/

A former senior writer in the Church of Scientology's "Central
Marketing Unit" has left the organization to join a dissident group of
independent Scientologists. A rambling account of Steve Hall's life
inside Scientology's headquarters can be found on Rediscover
Scientology, the dissident group's web site.

Tags: Caroline Mustard, David Miscavige, Steve Hall, Tommy Davis

Italian Liberation
January 22, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/01/22/italian-liberation/

They say everything is bigger in Texas. I think they meant in Italy.
Check out below what's happening there. If you read Italian you can
learn more at: http://indipendologo.wordpress.com/

With this letter of resignation myself Giovanni Servalli, my wife
Giovanna Ongaro and our son Luca are hereby announcing our leaving the
current Church of Scientology because we have observed for a long time,
it has not been working as planned by Ron.

We applied "Look don't Listen" and we arrived to the conclusion that
the head of the Church David Miscavige is a Suppressive Person.

Tags: 1980, 2002, 2008, Basics, Clear, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Ideal Org,
Independent, International Association of Scientologists, Italy, L. Ron
Hubbard, Luis Garcia, Mission, OT, OT Committee, OT III, Quicky, Real estate,
Renata Lugli, Suppressive Person, Texas

Scientology Sunday Funnies: The "Thrill" of Fundraising!
January 22, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/01/scientology_sun_10.php

Scientologists don't really have a Sunday service. They like to say
that they do, because they crave mainstream acceptance. But unless Xenu
rested after six days and L. Ron Hubbard just forgot to mention it,
there's no reason for Scientologists to treat Sunday any differently
than every other day of coursework, detoxes, fundraising, and generally
clearing the planet.

So here at the Voice, we've come up with a Scientology Sunday tradition
of our own, and we call it Sunday Funnies! Our sources regularly send
us Scientology's wacky and tacky fundraising mailers, and each week we
choose three of them to gaze upon, hoping that it inspires you to wax
eloquent in our comments section. So here we go...

Another creative come-on from the folks in South Africa! Last week we
marveled at their Arabian Nights stylings, this week they thrill us
with the "thrill" of...fundraising? Ahem. Well, there's still time to
sign up for next week's fun -- we're sure it will be a gas!

Tags: Chill EB, Fundraising, Pasadena, Quicky, San Diego, South Africa,
Sunday Funnies, Sunday service, Xenu

L. Ron Hubbard by Tom Martiniano
January 22, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/01/22/l-ron-hubbard-by-tom-martiniano/

Blogger note: Op Ed means 'opposite of the editorial page', where views
are published whether they align with or collide with the editorial
positions of a publication. While it doesn't technically mean the
opinions stated are opposite of that of the publication in question,
the page is often filled with such opposing views. The essay below
submitted by Tom Martiniano clearly is challenging the views I have
been expressing on this blog for 4 years and in my book What Is Wrong
With Scientology? and probably is best characterized as an Op Ed. I
happen to know it represents the views of at least a handful of others
who are not so bold as Tom to express their positions despite my
continuing invitations that they do so. It is my hope that some of
those folk muster the courage to pipe up here. Tom and I have something
in common - beyond Scientology - that makes me appreciate him and his
views. We have both been on the wrong end of a gun on more than one
occasion and lived to express our views. Nonetheless, I will likely
soon post clarifying precisely where I part company with his viewpoints
(attempting to succinctly sum up what I have been attempting to do here
for 4 years). In the meantime, I would love to hear your views.

L Ron Hubbard

For four years now I have been an "Independent Scientologist", a title
borne of the blog "Moving up a Little Higher", owned and penned almost
every day by Marty Rathbun.

Tags: 1965, Buddha, Contact Assist, David Miscaviage, DC, Dianetics,
Independent, Independent Scientologists, Katrina, Keep Scientology Working, L.
Ron Hubbard, Mississippi, New Orleans, OT, Quicky, Study Tech, Tom Cruise,
Tom Martiniano, Touch Assist, TR-0

'No aliens living inside us': Scientology educates the media
January 22, 2013, Amber Jamieson, Crikey
http://www.crikey.com.au/2013/01/22/no-aliens-living-inside-us-scientology-educates-the-media/

A media guide released by the Church of Scientology is aimed at
dispelling myths around the religion -- turns out they're not descended
from aliens, but they do teach English to African migrants.

Tags: Australia, Lawrence Wright, Virginia Stewart

Scientology Scrambling to Deal with Bad Publicity
January 22, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2013/01/22/scientology-scrambling-to-deal-with-bad-publicity/

This report from CNN today gives you an indication of how the Church of
Scientology is fighting back at Larry Wright's book, Going Clear. It's
really quite entertaining. And should be even more so when, we hear,
Wright appears on Anderson Cooper 360 tonight. Let's all tune in! (Go
here if you can't get enough of the hilariously huffy lawyer letters
that Scientology has sent CNN.)

Also, we hear that a major new Scientology story is going to break
tomorrow, but we can't say anything about it yet. We're full of secrets
today.

So we'll take this brief lull to catch up on some of the items that
have reached the bunker while we've been dealing with so many recent
emergencies.

Tags: 1980, AMA, Anderson Cooper, Australia, Canada, CNN, Crikey, Fair
Housing Act, Feshbach, Florida, Georgia, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood,
and the Prison of Belief, Hernando County, Kurt Feshbach, Narconon, Oklahoma,
OT, Quicky, Robert Murphy, Stacy Murphy, Suncoast Rehabilitation Center,
Texas, The Australian, Tom Cruise, Toucan Partners, Virginia Stewart, Xenu

Irish Persistence And Miscavige Tin Ears
January 22, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/irish-persistence-and-miscavige-tin-ears/

Thanks so much to the temporary moderator who seems to have gone above
and beyond the call of duty to keep things moving along in my absence.
We had a wonderful vacation with the Headley clan and also got to see
some old friends in Denver, including one VERY long time friend from
Gold who I had not seen since I left in 2007.

I may be posting something here that is already known, I really wasn't
able to keep up with everything. But someone sent me an email last
evening enclosing this article which I found interesting. Not really a
new story, but just further proof of the absolute tin ears of Miscavige
and Sherman (who has apparently been quite ill - confirming what he
looks like on stage). So desperate were they for ANYTHING to show at
the New Year's event that they decided to go with a fairy tale about
the the amazing expansion in Ireland. Miscavige is notoriously
US-centric in his perception of the world. If it is not happening in
his backyard, it isnt important. So, he paid no attention to the
history of media coverage in Ireland. I would estimate that only
France, Germany and Australia have had a more consistent flow of
"entheta" media over the last two decades. All the more remarkable in
that there isnt even an ORG in Ireland (though Miscavige made much of
the astonishing discoveries LRH made in his organization in Merrion
Square - the "PE" and that THIS is the great intro route that Miscavige
"recovered" to boom Scientology).

Imagine if there were interested media in the other places He
pontificated and condescended about in that event. The Mexican prison
officials who had no idea they would be paraded by the "leader" of
Scientology (in a video that was a repeat of several others that had
earlier proclaimed the same thing about getting "LRH tech" into the
prison system). They would be issuing denials as soon as they heard the
word Scientology. Or the Italian Narconon people who have "cut the
mediterranean drug routes" with a video that looks IDENTICAL to the two
previous IAS Freedom Medal winners from Narconon Italy - the first was
Gabrielle Segalla in the 90's. Or the Malaysian Government and
businesspeople being "ushered into the 21st century" by study tech who
had no clue Scientology had any part of it.

Tags: 2007, Australia, BBC, David Miscavige, Denver, Donegal, Florida,
France, Freedom Medal, Germany, International Association of Scientologists,
Ireland, Italy, L. Ron Hubbard, Malaysia, Narconon, Ocean FM, OT, Quicky

Judge to Scientology: Leader must testify in Texas case
January 22, 2014, John MacCormack, San Antonio Express-News
https://www.mysanantonio.com/news/local/article/Judge-to-Scientology-leader-must-testify-in-5166735.php

According to the lawsuit, the aggressive harassment by a bizarre church
unit called the Squirrel Busters began in Ingleside on the Bay in 2009
and followed the Rathbuns when they moved to Comal County last year.

The suit claims Miscavige was behind the campaign, and as his lawyers
made clear Wednesday in strenuous argument, he has emerged as the
central figure in the fight.

Tags: BlackBerry, David Miscavige, Fair Game, Harassment, Judge Dib Waldrip,
Lamont Jefferson, Marty Rathbun, Mike Rinder, Monique Rathbun, Office of
Special Affairs, Ray Jeffrey, Religious Technology Center, Squirrel Busters,
Texas

Monique Rathbun seeks sanctions, Scientology tries to kill Miscavige
deposition in court today
January 22, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/01/22/monique-rathbun-seeks-sanctions-scientology-tries-to-kill-miscavige-deposition-in-court-today/

The BBC's John Sweeney sets up today's court clash for us Monique
Rathbun is back in court today in New Braunfels, Texas for her
harassment lawsuit against the Church of Scientology and its leader,
David Miscavige. Several different issues may come up for discussion
today. Monique filed a notice to depose David Miscavige on January 29,
and Scientology responded with a motion to quash the deposition.
Scientology also asked Judge Dib Waldrip to reconsider his order
allowing Monique to depose Miscavige. But the main action today may be
Monique's motion for sanctions. She's asking Judge Waldrip to punish
Scientology because its employees, she says, have been dishonest in
depositions and because Scientology has not turned over evidence.

In order to prove that Scientology must have a great deal of evidence
after surveilling the Rathbuns for several years, Monique submitted a
stunning collection of evidence from a previous case of Scientology
spying. When BBC reporter John Sweeney came to the US to make a
documentary about Scientology in 2007, he was followed and harassed by
the church. A striking set of text messages documented that harassment
operation, and we expect that evidence to be a key subject of
discussion in court today. For more about those texts, we're fortunate
to have a piece written for us by John Sweeney himself. As for the
hearing, we have Nick Rogers and Mike Bennitt delivering us accounts
and photos of the action. Live updates will appear at the bottom of the
post.

In Texas, battle royal is taking place in a courtroom between lawyers
representing the 'Pope' of the Church of Scientology, David Miscavige,
and Monique Rathbun, the wife of Marty Rathbun, the former
Inspector-General of the Church and now one of the pope's most feared
critics.

Tags: 1977, 2007, Anne Archer, BBC, BlackBerry, California, Celebrity Centre,
Clearwater, David Miscavige, DC, Donna Shannon, England, FBI, Florida, John
Sweeney, Judge Dib Waldrip, Kevin Caetano, Lamont Jefferson, London, Marty
Rathbun, Mary Sue Hubbard, Mike Bennitt, Mike Henderson, Mike Rinder, Monique
Rathbun, New Braunfels, North Korea, Panorama, Plant City, Police, Pope,
Quicky, San Francisco, Sea Org, Texas, The Church of Fear, Tommy Davis,
Undercover, Washington, Westminster

Don't Feed The Humans - Escape?! Part 2 (Ep #8)
January 22, 2015, MondoMedia, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xvJU4Gq9IRY

? Episodes, games, and contests visit: http://www.mondomedia.com

The humans get help from a totally unexpected source.

https://www.facebook.com/pleasedontfeedthehumans

Tags: Escape, Music, Quicky, Strombo, Tom Cruise

Las Vegas attorney files 27th suit against Scientology rehab, Michigan
attorney files 2nd
January 22, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2015/01/22/las-vegas-attorney-files-27th-suit-against-scientology-rehab-michian-attorney-files-2nd/

Las Vegas attorney Ryan Hamilton has filed his 27th lawsuit against
Scientology's drug rehab network, Narconon, and Jeffrey P. Ray, an
attorney in Michigan, has added two of his own in just a week's time.

Endorsed by Scientology's most well-known celebrities, such as Tom
Cruise and Kirstie Alley, Narconon was for many years one of the
organization's most reliable money-makers. But recent patient deaths,
negative press attention, and lawsuits around the country have turned
Narconon into one of Scientology's biggest headaches.

Unprotected by the religious cloaking that has proved so effective for
Scientology itself, Narconon is vulnerable because it advertises one
thing (individualized drug counseling with medical professionals and
sky-high success rates) and delivers quite another (Scientology
training with no medical personnel on hand and no proof of high success
rates).

Tags: 1960, 2011, 2012, Albion, Alex Gibney, Alexander McHenry, Budapest,
California, Christie Hotel, Clear, Colorado, Credit card fraud, Denham
Springs, East Grinstead, East Grinstead Courier, England, Facebook, Florida,
Forrest Ackerman, Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Georgia, Going Clear:
Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, Hollywood Inn, Hollywood
Life Improvement Center, Hollywood Test Center, Illinois, Jeannette McHenry,
Jeff Gordon, Jeff Harris, Jeffrey Ray, Joshua Currey, Kim Poff, Kirstie
Alley, Las Vegas, Lauren Prevec, Louisiana, Meghan Fialkoff, Michael DeLong,
Michigan, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon Freedom Center, Narconon
International, Nevada, New Life Retreat, New York City, New Yorker, Oklahoma,
OT 7, Park City, Patrick Pendley, Peter Bonyai, Richard Teague, Ryan Daniels,
Ryan Hamilton, Saint Hill Manor, Success rate, Sundance Film Festival, Tampa,
Tom Cruise, Tory Christman, UK, USA Today, Utah, Washington, West Virginia

Scientology expos? coming to HBO, Sundance Film Fest
January 22, 2015, Ray Daudani, WWBT
http://www.nbc12.com/story/27916605/scientology-expos-coming-to-hbo-sundance-film-fest

A new documentary on Scientology and its ties to Hollywood premieres
Sunday at the Sundance Film Festival, before heading to HBO.

The film, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, is quickly
gaining buzz in the lead up to its premiere at the MARC Theater on
Sunday. The film is based on the similarly named Lawrence Wright
best-seller, Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood and the Prison of
Belief and features vintage video of the religion's founder, L. Ron
Hubbard, of Tom Cruise and other inside gatherings, according to The
Hollywood Reporter.

Tags: Alex Gibney, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Going
Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, HBO, Hollywood
Reporter, Park City, Sundance Film Festival, Utah

Thursday Funnies
January 22, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-20/

Flag OTC

They put out their news like this now.

Glad to see they are still promoting getting employees of scientology
businesses onto services. It's always been a big success.

Tags: Coin, England, Freewinds, Gavin Potter, HBO, International Association
of Scientologists, Ireland, L. Ron Hubbard, L. Ron Hubbard Way, Mission, OT,
OTC, Quicky, Regraded Being, San Francisco, Scotland, Sterling Management,
Thursday Funnies, Tony Ortega, USA Today

Here's your chance to meet the Sea Org at Scientology's open house next week
January 22, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2016/01/22/heres-your-chance-to-meet-the-sea-org-at-scientologys-open-house-next-week/

We have some major stories coming for you soon. In the meantime, we
wanted you to know that Scientology is having an open house! Yes, a
week from today, our friends in Clearwater, Florida have the
opportunity to visit the fastest growing church in the world to see how
they do it.

And even better, the event will be held in that new little Potemkin
village of storefronts that church leader David Miscavige opened along
Fort Harrison Avenue recently. Here's the full announcement, as it was
posted in the little local Clearwater Beacon...

Scientology center to host open house

Tags: 2015, Amber Skjelset, Audio, Australia, Clearwater, Clearwater Beacon,
Cleveland, Cleveland Street, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Facebook, Florida,
Fort Harrison, Google, Ismail Karakas, Istanbul, Jeffrey Augustine, Kate
Ceberano, L. Ron Hubbard, Leah Remini, Narconon, Narconon Turkey, OT, OT 8,
Police, Quicky, Scientology Information Center, Sea Org, Venezuela

Regraded Being
January 22, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-32/

Regraded Being is back from his well earned vacation.

Tags: Quicky, Regraded Being

4 deaths in 3 years: Advocates wonder why drug rehab center's still open
January 22, 2017, Brianna Bailey, News OK
https://newsok.com/article/5535003

However, Narconon Arrowhead, where Murphy and three other clients died,
continues to operate legally because the law allows only limited
supervision from the Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance
Abuse Services.

"I am very surprised they are still open, I sure am," said Gary
Richardson, a Tulsa attorney who represents former Narconon Arrowhead
clients and their parents, including Murphy's parents, in nearly a
dozen lawsuits against Narconon.

Murphy, a former waitress from Owasso, sought treatment for heroin
addiction at Narconon Arrowhead. She died of an accidental drug
overdose at the program in July 2012. Her parents are suing for
negligence and wrongful death. The case is set for trial later this
year in Pittsburg County District Court at McAlester.

Tags: 1990, 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2018, A&E, Abuse, CARF,
Colin Henderson, Daily News, Facebook, Gabriel Graves, Gary Richardson, Gary
Smith, Georgia, Google, Hillary Holten, Lisa Gray, Mary Cantu, Mary Fallin,
McAlester, Medical, Mental Health, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Niacin,
Oklahoma, Oklahoma City, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance
Abuse Services, Pittsburg County, Pittsburg County District Court, Robert
Murphy, Shirley Gilliam, Stacy Murphy, Stacy's Law, Success rate, The
Oklahoman, Tom Ivester, Tonya White, Tulsa

BOOK: The Defector ? After 20 years in Scientology Europe
January 22, 2017, Robert Dam, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=szohQyvYa6o

The story of a European Scientology defector.

Tags: Europe, Quicky, The Defector

National civil rights museum knows it's harboring Scientology front group,
shrugs it off
January 22, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2017/01/22/atlanta-museum-knows-its-harboring-a-scientology-front-group-but-shrugs-it-off/

Rod Keller is on the case again this week, looking into Scientology's
many front groups and their activities...

Scientology usually has its front groups hide their connection to the
church in order to gain acceptance. But sometimes they're invited
through the front door with full knowledge of their actual role. That
is the case at the National Center for Civil and Human Rights, which
has been showing a video from the Scientology front group United for
Human Rights since its opening in 2014.

The Center was built on land donated by the Coca-Cola Company, and sits
between that company's World of Coca-Cola museum and the Georgia
Aquarium in downtown Atlanta. Civil rights leaders Evelyn G. Lowery,
Juanita Abernathy, and Congressman John Lewis were instrumental in
establishing the center, which has on display personal papers from the
Morehouse College Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. collection, including
drafts of Letter from Birmingham Jail and many others.

Tags: 2012, 2013, 2014, A&E, Alfreddie Johnson, Amnesty International,
Apostate, Atlanta, Birmingham, Chile, Company, Congress, Conviction, Denver,
Georgia, HowdyCon, Human Rights Watch, Leah Remini, Martin Luther King, New
Zealand, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Reddit AMA, Rod Keller, Scientology and the
Aftermath, United for Human Rights, Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
USA, Youth for Human Rights International

Richard Spencer: Just Can't Punch Enough
January 22, 2017, Daniel Bermel, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tNXkQGPAM48

Richard Spencer getting punched to Depeche Mode's Just Can't Get Enough

Tags: Alt-Right, Quicky, Richard Spencer

Racism is creeping back into mainstream science ? we have to stop it
January 22, 2018, Angela Saini, The Guardian
https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/22/eugenics-racism-mainstream-science

In the fallout from Toby Young's resignation from the Office for
Students this month, it emerged that University College London has been
unwittingly hosting an annual conference attended by race scientists
and eugenicists for the past few years. This might have come as a shock
to many people. But it is only the latest instalment in the rise of
"scientific" racism within academia.

Researchers with extreme views on race number relatively few but,
having languished on the margins of their fields for many years, they
are now managing to push their ideas into the mainstream, including
into respectable scientific journals.

Yale psychologist John Bargh: 'Politicians want us to be fearful.
They're manipulating us for their own interest'

Tags: 1960, 1969, 1994, 2004, 2010, 2013, 2019, Academic, Africa, Alt-Right,
American Renaissance, Arthur Jensen, Charles Murray, Dominica, Elsevier,
Facebook, Gerhard Meisenberg, Irvine, Jared Taylor, Jewish, London, Mankind
Quarterly, Pakistan, Quicky, Richard Lynn, Scientific racism, The Bell Curve,
UK, University of California

Scientology "Facts"
January 22, 2018, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-facts/

This is a page from the Int Scientology News "New Years" edition where
they repeat what was said at the New Years event for the few hundred
remaining scientologists who managed to ignore the dozens of phone
calls, visits, texts and emails about attending the video showing of
the annual spectacle of bullshit.

A big feature of every Miscavige Event is numbers. Strange numbers.
Weird "factoids" that you cannot wrap your mind around as you sit at
the event.

Marc Yager ("Cueball" to Miscavige, who loves calling people by
derogatory names) is the master of this technique. It's an official
"hat" he has of creating sort of impressive sounding numbers and
comparisons out of very much less than impressive numbers.

Tags: 1959, 1980, 2017, Advanced Org, Class V, Clear, Congress, David
Miscavige, Dianetics, E-meter, Golden Age of Knowledge, Golden Age of Tech,
Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists, Jonny Jacobsen, Marc
Yager, Mission, New Year's Eve, New York City, OT, OT VIII, Perth, Quicky,
Sea Org, Student Hat

Scientology relies heavily on Russian immigrants - and 'disconnection'
doesn't spare them
January 22, 2018, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2018/01/22/scientology-relies-heavily-on-russian-immigrants-and-disconnection-doesnt-spare-them/

We first heard from Katrina Reyes some nine years ago, when Jason Beghe
encouraged her to talk to us for a story at the Village Voice. For
various reasons, Katrina wasn't ready yet to tell her tale.

We've been waiting patiently ever since. And after you read what she's
been through, we think you'll agree the wait was worth it.

Yekaterina Tihonova was born in November 1987 in Tashkent, Uzbekistan,
because her grandmother Nina had moved the family there from Siberia.
But when she was 3 years old, Katrina and her mother Yelena and
grandmother moved back to Siberia and the city of Barnaul, a town that
is about as close to the center of the Asian land mass as you can get.

Tags: 1950, 1987, 1999, 2000, 2006, 2008, 2014, 2015, 2016, A&E, Advanced
Org, Applied Scholastics, Austin, Barnaul, Bunk bed, California, Carol
Nyburg, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Derek Bloch, Disconnection, Egypt, E-
meter, Estates Project Force, Facebook, Flag Land Base, Florida, Fort
Harrison, Green card, Hacienda, Herbalife, Jason Beghe, John Travolta,
Katrina Reyes, Kelly Preston, Kirstie Alley, Knowledge Report, Leah Remini,
Legal, Mike Rinder, Mirriam Francis, Moscow, New Year's Eve, New York, Office
of Special Affairs, Orlando, OT, Passport, Rehabilitation Project Force,
Religious Technology Center, Russia, Sandcastle, Scientology executive, Sea
Org, Sec Check, Siberia, Starbucks, Suppressive Person, Tampa, Tom Cruise,
Tom DeVocht, Uzbekistan, Valeska Paris, Village Voice, Willie Jones

How do ex-Sea Org Members Pay Freeloader Bills?
January 22, 2019, Growing Up In Scientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q4wioSyi794

I answer how ex-Sea Org members can afford to pay freeloader bills.

Aaron Smith-Levin

Twitter: @GrowingUpInSCN

Tags: Aaron Smith-Levin, Aftermath Foundation, Facebook, Freeloader Debt,
Leah Remini, Quicky, Sea Org, Twitter

Scientology is Terrified of Frank Hibbard
January 22, 2019, Growing Up In Scientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QAsOh9V-oLU

I explain why Scientology is terrified of Frank Hibbard.

Why Scientology does not recruit citizens of Clearwater: https://www.
youtube.com/watch?v=kqKOsdGYoVk

Aaron Smith-Levin

Tags: Aaron Smith-Levin, Aftermath Foundation, Clearwater, Facebook, Frank
Hibbard, Leah Remini, Quicky, Twitter

Tonight, Leah Remini takes us into the incredible story of Scientology's
Clearwater takeover
January 22, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/01/22/tonight-leah-remini-takes-us-into-the-incredible-story-of-scientologys-clearwater-takeover/

Scientology's very sketchy history in the Florida city of Clearwater
gets a nice going over in tonight's episode of Leah Remini: Scientology
and the Aftermath.

As Mike Rinder points out early in the episode, some of us may take for
granted Scientology's incredible history in the Gulf Coast town, but
many viewers today may be completely unfamiliar with it.

For Leah, it's an emotional return to a city where she was a child Sea
Org member, something she wrote about in her book, Troublemaker. She
talks about living in a rat-infested hotel dorm room with eight other
girls in the year 1984.

Tags: 1975, 1982, 1984, 2010, 2013, 2017, Benjamin Rinder, Betsy Steg,
Caribbean, Christie Collbran, Clearwater, Denis deVlaming, FBI, Filmmaker,
Florida, Fort Harrison, Gabe Cazares, Joe Childs, Leah Remini, Mark Bunker,
Marty Rathbun, Mediterranean, Mike Rinder, Ray Emmons, Scientology and the
Aftermath, Sea Org, Tampa Bay Times, United Churches of Florida

What Can You Do to Help End Scientology Abuses?
January 22, 2019, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/what-can-you-do-to-help-end-scientology-abuses/

The most common question we are asked is "What can I do to help?"

First, understand that your support of our show and on social media is
tremendously valuable. Both to us and to let the contributors to our
show know there are people out there that support the cause.

Second, if you want to offer help in terms of professional counselling
or you have job opportunities or a place for someone to stay, please
contact The Aftermath Foundation which is established to be a clearing
house to connect those who are trying to leave scientology or have
recently done so to a network of people who have graciously offered to
help.

Tags: Abuse, Aftermath Foundation, Congress, FBI, Golden Era Productions,
Google, Human trafficking, Internal Revenue Service, IRS, Quicky, Riverside
County, Sea Org, Tampa, Tax, Tax exempt, Twitter, US Department of Justice

Cedric Bixler-Zavala blames Scientology for poisoned dog he had to put down
yesterday
January 22, 2020, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2020/01/22/cedric-bixler-zavala-blames-scientology-for-poisoned-dog-he-had-to-put-down-yesterday/

For the second time, Cedric Bixler-Zavala and Chrissie Carnell Bixler
are burying a dog whose death they blame on a Church of Scientology
harassment campaign.

The rock singer (Mars Volta, At The Drive In) posted an image to his
Instagram account last night of ground beef that had been laced with
rat poison and tossed into his yard, and not for the first time.

"I'm at the vet dealing with another hurt animal. This is what I've
been finding in my front and backyard. This is what Scientology does
when you speak about the predators they protect," he captioned the photo.

Tags: 1957, 1972, 1973, 1978, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2016, 2017, 2018, Austin,
Bobette Riales, Cedric Bixler-Zavala, Chrissie Carnell, Christian, Clear,
Danny Masterson, David Miscavige, Fair Game, Freezone, Greece, Ideal Org,
Jackie Lacey, Joel Sappell, LAPD, Los Angeles, Los Angeles Times, Marty
Rathbun, OT, Police, Private investigator, Quicky, Rome, St. Louis, St. Paul

How Cool is LA Org?
January 22, 2020, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/how-cool-is-la-org/

LA Org is the "model" for all scientology Class V level organizations -
even though Miscavige made it into a Sea Org installation. Oddly, the
"model" cannot be duplicated in other places in the world and it
remains the only Sea Org Class V org. There used to be another one - St
Hill Fdn in the UK that was supposed to service the "local East
Grinstead public" in the Castle, but apparently Miscavige closed that
down as if you enter your location as East Grinstead on scientology.org
it directs you to London Org and Brighton Org. I hadn't realized he
closed down that org too in his era of "massive expansion."

These cool cats are proud of their accomplishments. 800 Clears (and NED
Case completions) - which is at least 750 more than the next largest
org. And 800 more than most orgs on the planet.

But this is only 800 since October 2, 2014. That is 63 months. Or 275
weeks.

Tags: 2014, Brighton, Class V, Clear, David Miscavige, East Grinstead,
Facebook, London Org, Quicky, Sea Org, TIME, Twitter, UK

Twitter Tells Facial Recognition Trailblazer to Stop Using Site's Photos
January 22, 2020, Kashmir Hill, New York Times
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/01/22/technology/clearview-ai-twitter-letter.html

A mysterious company that has licensed its powerful facial recognition
technology to hundreds of law enforcement agencies is facing attacks
from Capitol Hill and from at least one Silicon Valley giant.

Twitter sent a letter this week to the small start-up company,
Clearview AI, demanding that it stop taking photos and any other data
from the social media website "for any reason" and delete any data that
it previously collected, a Twitter spokeswoman said. The
cease-and-desist letter, sent on Tuesday, accused Clearview of
violating Twitter's policies.

The New York Times reported last week that Clearview had amassed a
database of more than three billion photos from social media sites -
including Facebook, YouTube, Twitter and Venmo - and elsewhere on the
internet. The vast database powers an app that can match people to
their online photos and link back to the sites the images came from.

Tags: Clearview AI, Dark Right, Department of Homeland Security, Facebook,
Law enforcement, Quicky, Silicon Valley, Twitter, YouTube

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
January 22 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/01-22.html