Landmark Forum & scientology...

rogergonnet

Sep 21, 2016, 11:41:32 AM9/21/16
Landmark Forum: Mysterious training course coming to your office

SEPTEMBER 20, 2016
news.com.au
Emma Reynolds news.com.au@emmareyn

IT’S a personal development course that promises “positive, permanent shifts
in the quality of your life — in just three days”.

The intensive training is delivered in more than 125 cities globally by
California-based Landmark Worldwide, which has a revenue of almost $120
million.

Companies including activewear retailer Lululemon pay for staff to attend
the self-help seminars — although the activewear giant last year suggested
it was putting less pressure on employees to take part.

But while many credit the introductory Landmark Forum Program with
transforming their lives, others have slammed it as “Scientology lite” and
exploitative of vulnerable people, all of which the organisation strongly
denies.

Landmark told news.com.au there was “absolutely no similarity” between the
organisation and Scientology, that participants sign a legal document
stating they are taking the course of their own volition and that a refund
was offered to anyone who was pressured into attending by their employer.

Kevin*, from Sydney, had never heard of Landmark, but was unperturbed to
hear he was expected to attend a training course when he started a new job.
He did find it slightly jarring that his new office expected him to pay the
$725 for the three-day program in Pyrmont, but he needed work.

It was only when he arrived that he started to think his situation was
really strange.

.../...
more:

http://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/real-life/news-life/landmark-forum-mysterious-training-course-coming-to-your-office/news-story/59b95a445f1049228b8ea7863ac183f3

ho...@lightlink.com

Oct 9, 2016, 6:13:11 PM10/9/16
In alt.religion.scientology rogergonnet <roger...@free.fr> wrote:
> Landmark told news.com.au there was ?absolutely no similarity? between the
> organisation and Scientology,

The material of Landmark is directly decendant from early
Scientology, I believe Werner Erhard was doing his Grade IV
in the Church when he blew and started his own thing.

That's hearsay.

As for the organization, well its always nut cases helping
nut cases. One needs to take from it what truth one can find
and leave the rest behind to knaw on its own tails.

Homer

Skip Press

Oct 10, 2016, 12:21:43 AM10/10/16
It's not hearsay. Jack Rosenberg, used car salesman, did his Levels at
the San Francisco org and was a Class IV auditor.

Changed his name, started Erhardt Seminar Training, got so rich and
crazy his lieutenants bought him out, and changed the name to Landmark
Education, removed all reference to Rosenberg / Erhardt. Other
offshoots including Lifespring and The Forum (particularly nasty).

In article <ntefdh$jjt$2...@adore2.lightlink.com>, <ho...@lightlink.com>

ho...@lightlink.com

Oct 10, 2016, 3:55:12 PM10/10/16
In alt.religion.scientology Skip Press <ski...@yahoo.not> wrote:
> It's not hearsay. Jack Rosenberg, used car salesman, did his Levels at
> the San Francisco org and was a Class IV auditor.
>
> Changed his name, started Erhardt Seminar Training, got so rich and
> crazy his lieutenants bought him out, and changed the name to Landmark
> Education, removed all reference to Rosenberg / Erhardt. Other
> offshoots including Lifespring and The Forum (particularly nasty).

Cool, I always had an admiration for Werner because he used to
bring all the leading physicists on the planet to his (large) home in
order to get some collaboration done or something. These parties were
quite famous, I wish I could have been part of that scene.

I have a question, I tend towards feeling that lower Grades
Scientology works well in the right hands and on the right preclears,
particularly Grade IV. As I heard it, Werner was so impressed by the
results that he cognited an easier and faster route to the same end
result, and that is why he blew scientology and started to compete
against them with a new simpler 'technology'.

I have always wondered what the central theme of his work was, in
terms of anatomy of the problem he was trying to solve in people and the
approach he devised for doing it.

It must have worked to some degree or people wouldn't have paid so
much for so long for it.

As always there are apostates, but I have known EST grads who were
quite rave about it.

Homer

> In article <ntefdh$jjt$2...@adore2.lightlink.com>, <ho...@lightlink.com>
> wrote:
>
>> In alt.religion.scientology rogergonnet <roger...@free.fr> wrote:
>> > Landmark told news.com.au there was ?absolutely no similarity? between the
>> > organisation and Scientology,
>>
>> The material of Landmark is directly decendant from early
>> Scientology, I believe Werner Erhard was doing his Grade IV
>> in the Church when he blew and started his own thing.
>>
>> That's hearsay.
>>
>> As for the organization, well its always nut cases helping
>> nut cases. One needs to take from it what truth one can find
>> and leave the rest behind to knaw on its own tails.
>>
>> Homer

Homer Wilson Smith Clean Air, Clear Water, Art Matrix - Lightlink
(607) 277-0959 A Green Earth, and Peace, Internet, Ithaca NY
ho...@lightlink.com Is that too much to ask? http://www.lightlink.com

Stealth Tuba

Oct 10, 2016, 6:34:26 PM10/10/16
"Skip Press" wrote in message news:091020162121313558%ski...@yahoo.not...
> It's not hearsay. Jack Rosenberg, used car salesman, did his Levels at
> the San Francisco org and was a Class IV auditor.
>
> Changed his name, started Erhardt Seminar Training, got so rich and
> crazy his lieutenants bought him out, and changed the name to Landmark
> Education, removed all reference to Rosenberg / Erhardt. Other
> offshoots including Lifespring and The Forum (particularly nasty).

http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/mediawiki/index.php/Category:Landmark

Из Алматы

Oct 11, 2016, 8:41:23 AM10/11/16

skrev i meddelelsen news:ntefdh$jjt$2...@adore2.lightlink.com...

In alt.religion.scientology rogergonnet <roger...@free.fr> wrote:
> Landmark told news.com.au there was ?absolutely no similarity? between the
> organisation and Scientology,

The material of Landmark is directly decendant from early
Scientology, I believe Werner Erhard was doing his Grade IV
in the Church when he blew and started his own thing.

But is it not the same thing Scientology and Hubbard is acused of,
scammning Freud´s early psychoanalysis from 1914.

ho...@lightlink.com

Oct 11, 2016, 5:28:36 PM10/11/16
> In alt.religion.scientology rogergonnet <roger...@free.fr> wrote:
>> Landmark told news.com.au there was ?absolutely no similarity? between the
>> organisation and Scientology,

Homer:
> The material of Landmark is directly decendant from early
> Scientology, I believe Werner Erhard was doing his Grade IV
> in the Church when he blew and started his own thing.

?????
> But is it not the same thing Scientology and Hubbard is acused of,
>scammning Freud?s early psychoanalysis from 1914.

Let's start with this:

Is there anything in the field of psychotherapy, counseling, or
spiritual practice which is not a scam created by evil intent to make
money by promising to help while actually intending to harm and rip off?

Having been emmersed in the fields of anatomy and approach to
mental and emotional illneses for 40 years, I am pretty familiar with a
lot of the players in the field and been both a client and therapist, I
can talk the walk and walk the talk.

So let's talk about scamming in the name of help.

Skip Press

Oct 11, 2016, 11:37:23 PM10/11/16
In article <ntgrkt$fhi$2...@adore2.lightlink.com>, <ho...@lightlink.com>
wrote:

> In alt.religion.scientology Skip Press <ski...@yahoo.not> wrote:
> > It's not hearsay. Jack Rosenberg, used car salesman, did his Levels at
> > the San Francisco org and was a Class IV auditor.
> >
> > Changed his name, started Erhardt Seminar Training, got so rich and
> > crazy his lieutenants bought him out, and changed the name to Landmark
> > Education, removed all reference to Rosenberg / Erhardt. Other
> > offshoots including Lifespring and The Forum (particularly nasty).
>
> Cool, I always had an admiration for Werner because he used to
> bring all the leading physicists on the planet to his (large) home in
> order to get some collaboration done or something. These parties were
> quite famous, I wish I could have been part of that scene.
>
> I have a question, I tend towards feeling that lower Grades
> Scientology works well in the right hands and on the right preclears,
> particularly Grade IV. As I heard it, Werner was so impressed by the
> results that he cognited an easier and faster route to the same end
> result, and that is why he blew scientology and started to compete
> against them with a new simpler 'technology'.
>
> I have always wondered what the central theme of his work was, in
> terms of anatomy of the problem he was trying to solve in people and the
> approach he devised for doing it.

Werner's central theme was the same as Hubbard's - MONEY.

He blew into Denver once for a weekend and announced to the audience
"I'm here to make $50,000 this weekend!" or something like that.

The truly nutty thing about EST was that they had "catchers" who would
prevent people from leaving (even to pee) during the indoctrination.
Actor/director Michael Lembeck, who with his sister Elaine (who was a
regular on "Welcome Back, Kotter") were into EST and Michael was a
catcher. This was made fun of in the movie Semi-Tough with Burt
Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson, with Bert Convey playing " Friedrich
Bismark."

Landmark is totally about money, too. Anyone tells you different,
they're full of shit.

ho...@lightlink.com

Oct 12, 2016, 12:44:36 AM10/12/16
In alt.religion.scientology Skip Press <ski...@yahoo.not> wrote:
> Werner's central theme was the same as Hubbard's - MONEY.
>
> He blew into Denver once for a weekend and announced to the audience
> "I'm here to make $50,000 this weekend!" or something like that.
>
> The truly nutty thing about EST was that they had "catchers" who would
> prevent people from leaving (even to pee) during the indoctrination.
> Actor/director Michael Lembeck, who with his sister Elaine (who was a
> regular on "Welcome Back, Kotter") were into EST and Michael was a
> catcher. This was made fun of in the movie Semi-Tough with Burt
> Reynolds and Kris Kristofferson, with Bert Convey playing " Friedrich
> Bismark."
>
> Landmark is totally about money, too. Anyone tells you different,
> they're full of shit.

Kind of a shallow view of the subject material itself.

I could say the same thing about Doctors and medicine, and I would
be right, but medicine does have some efficacy as it is based on
a long history of intelligent study into anatomy and approach.

The anatomy of the problem, and the many different approaches to
it.

There are lots of subjects that got involved in large money
corruption, temptation and seduction, to their detriment, however the
original thesis and underlying principles of the subject are still there
to be understood, delineated and corrected or rejected as the case may
be.

The idea that people pay a lot of money for nothing in the end is
often true, but isn't a universal truth.

Usually when lots of money is being made and people are swarming in
for more, there is a germ of truth being sold making it work.

Money comes into it because backend costs to help and time and
research into anatomy and approach costs money, people have to make a
living. Same for medicine. So money always enters the backend of the
subject, even if it is then widly abused by the frontend offering it to
the public.

A true scam has no backend of anatomy or approach, it has only a
snake oil frontend fabricated out of whole cloth for the truly gullible.

So yes there are lots of scammers, so again, who or what help
practice is NOT a scam?

Homer

rogergonnet

Oct 16, 2016, 12:28:28 PM10/16/16

"Stealth Tuba" <g...@example.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
dd383$57fc1934$6c3f7fc4$36...@PRIMUS.CA...
the cscientology "club" of cretinized people (I have alas been one!)
published his own list of those to be attacked, ruined and worse, erahrdt
being ne of the "mist successful" - other opened other cults like eckankar
(not a really mean cult, though), or avatar...