Today in Scientology -- June 25th ***************************************

Scientology Today

Jun 26, 2017, 1:47:23 PM6/26/17
Today June 25th in Scientology history
======================================

TIME
June 25, 1951, TIME Magazine
http://www.time.com/time/magazine/article/0,9171,806062,00.html

Divorced. Sara Northrup Hubbard, 25; by L. Ron (Dianetics) Hubbard, 40,
science fictioneer turned mental healer; after five years of marriage,
one daughter; in Wichita, Kans.

Tags: Divorce, L. Ron Hubbard, Sara Northrup

======================================

Church Markets Its Gospel With High-Pressure Sales
June 25, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientology062590,0,7966802,full.story

The organization uses sophisticated sales tactics to sell a seemingly
endless progression of expensive courses, each serving as a
prerequisite for the next. Known collectively as "The Bridge," the
courses promise salvation, higher intelligence, superhuman powers and
even possible survival from nuclear fallout -- for those who can pay.

Tags: Andrew Lesco, Body routing, Canada, Donna Day, Earle Cooley, Joanne
Wheaton, L. Ron Hubbard, Lawrence Wollersheim, Les Dane, Marie Culloden,
Roger Barnes, Sheri Scott

======================================

Shoring Up Its Religious Profile
June 25, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientology062590a,0,3090542.story

Joseph Yanny, a Los Angeles attorney who represented the church until
he had a bitter falling out with the group in 1987, said Scientology
portrays itself as a religion only where it is expedient to do so --
such as in the U.S., where tax laws favor religious organizations.

Tags: Canada, FDA, IRS, Joseph Yanny, Legal, Toronto, US Supreme Court

======================================

The Courting of Celebrities
June 25, 1990, Joel Sappell, Los Angeles Times
http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-scientology062590b,0,3156079.story

As far back as 1955, Hubbard recognized the value of famous people to
his fledgling, off-beat church when he inaugurated "Project Celebrity."
According to Hubbard, Scientologists should target prominent
individuals as their "quarry" and bring them back like trophies for
Scientology.

Tags: Author Services Inc, Celebrity Centre, John Brodie, Narconon

======================================

DIY rubbish collectors help council clean up area
June 25, 2003, icSurreyOnline
http://icsurreyonline.icnetwork.co.uk/0100news/0600eastgrinstead/content_objectid=13109493_method=full_siteid=50101_headline=-DIY-rubbish-collectors-help-council-clean-up-area-name_page.html

The clean-up operation was organised by the East Grinstead Scientology
Volunteer Minister Group, assisted by residents and town clerk Chris
Rolley, who made several journeys to the tip to dispose of the rubbish.

Tags: East Grinstead, Volunteer Ministers

======================================

A Couch Tom Cruise Won't Jump On
June 25, 2005, Richard Leiby, Washington Post
http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/content/article/2005/06/24/AR2005062401866.html

Okay, should we address him as Dr. Tom Cruise from now on? Or will the
Rev. Dr. Cruise suffice?

Whatever: Anybody who watched the actor's performance on NBC's "Today"
show yesterday witnessed an unsettling transformation. The movie star,
who has long embraced Scientology, launched a full-bore assault on the
psychiatric profession, sticking to a script that his church (founded,
mind you, by a hack science fiction writer) has been promoting for
decades.

Tags: Brooke Shields, Matt Lauer, Tom Cruise

======================================

Tom Cruise: 'It's just a great time in my life'
June 25, 2005, Matt Lauer, Today, MSNBC
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8343367/

The past few weeks have been full of excitement for Tom Cruise. "Today"
host Matt Lauer sat down with the actor and talked about his new love,
his new movie, "War of the Worlds," and the recent firestorm he caused
when he commented on Brooke Shield's use of therapy and drugs to cure
her postpartum depression. [Transcript]

======================================

Church spokesman says Times report is unfair
June 25, 2006, Robert Farley, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/25/Tampabay/Church_spokesman_says.shtml

When the Times told officials at the Church of Scientology in
Clearwater about plans to write a story about its suppressive person
and disconnection policies, Scientology spokesman Ben Shaw aggressively
sought to refute the story and persuade the newspaper not to tell it.

Tags: 2007, Ben Shaw, Catholic, Clearwater, Creed Pearson, Disconnection,
Nebraska, Randy Payne, Suppressive Person, Tom Smith

======================================

Some Scientology terms
June 25, 2006, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/25/Tampabay/Some_Scientology_terms.shtml

Here is how Scientology defines some of the terms used in this story:

Tags: Auditing, Disconnection, Potential Trouble Source, Suppressive Person

======================================

SP profiles
June 25, 2006, Robert Farley, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/25/Tampabay/SP_profiles.shtml

Pressley left Scientology in 1998 and refused to come back for sec
checks. She has publicly denounced "substandard" child care at church
facilities around the world and criticized the church for the
"condition of poverty" that staffers lived in. After she left the
church, her husband "faithfully applied the rule (of disconnection),"
she said.

She calls the suppressive person declare "a form of psychological
terrorism. It obliterates families. ... People who leave are afraid to
talk about Scientology."

Tags: 1998, 2005, 2007, Atlanta, Ben Shaw, Buddhist, Christian, Clearwater,
Disconnection, Ed Armstrong, Fort Harrison, Golden Era Productions, Grace
Aaron, Karen Pressley, Los Angeles, Patter drill, Peter Schless, Scientology
operation, Sec Check, Suppressive Person, Tom Smith

======================================

The unperson
June 25, 2006, Robert Farley, St. Petersburg Times
http://www.sptimes.com/2006/06/25/Tampabay/The_unperson.shtml

But SPs who have felt the sting and other church critics say the
suppressive person policy is a sledgehammer to keep marginal members in
line - and in the flock.

Whatever Scientology's motivation, its suppressive person policy
results in wrenching pain, say a dozen SPs interviewed by the St.
Petersburg Times.

Some have gone years without seeing or talking with sons, daughters,
mothers, fathers - all of whom abide by Scientology's no-contact
requirement.

Tags: 1976, 1991, 1997, 1998, 2003, 2007, Astra Woodcraft, Belleair, Ben
Shaw, Cadet Org, California, Caroline Brown, Catholic, Christian, Cincinnati,
Clearwater, Committee of Evidence, Conditions, Creed Pearson, Czech Republic,
Disconnection, England, Fair Game, Feshbach, Frank Flinn, Freeloader Debt,
Gordon Melton, Hungary, Italy, Jehovah's Witnesses, Journalist, Kathy
Feshbach, Knowledge Report, Leslie Woodcraft, Los Angeles, Newton Maloney,
Ohio, Pasadena, Potential Trouble Source, Randy Payne, Santa Barbara,
Scientology staff, Sea Org, Sec Check, St. Louis, St. Petersburg, Suppressive
Person, Tampa, Washington, Wog

======================================

Comedian Works His Scientology Threat Letter Into His Act
June 25, 2008, John DeSio, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/archives/2008/06/scientology_com.php

He doesn't get into the Scientology stuff until a minute or so into it,
so be patient.

If you've participated in an anti-Scientology rally as part of
"Anonymous," and if the Church figured out your identity, chances are
you've received a letter accusing you of inciting violence against
Church outposts and engaging in terroristic activities.

Some, like Queens Anon Mike Vitale, were emboldened by the letter to
continue their criticisms of the Church of Scientology. When comedian
Billy Lyday received his own threatening letter from Scientology
attorneys after he attended a Los Angeles protest, he worked his own
response to the Church into his act.

Tags: Anonymous, Los Angeles, Mike Vitale, Queens, Quicky

======================================

Hubbard completely losing his mind
June 25, 2008, weareanonymous4, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vd1v7K5CsT4

This is from the Class 7 Lectures series where Hubbard completely loses
his marbles and continues to rant and rave while the students laugh at
him.

Tags: L. Ron Hubbard, Video

======================================

Cult leader David Miscavige slaps crazy follower
June 25, 2009, Anonim00s, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pXZN-FacXH4

Scientology's leader David Miscavige enjoys it quite a lot.

Tags: Cult, David Miscavige, Video

======================================

Noelle Nichelle North, Ed Parkins, Luc Dubois, Eden Stein, OSA Commandeer a
Subway
June 25, 2011, LRonHu88ard, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t9c82gAaPsI

Extended Data: Please expand and read the following information. Part 2
- http://youtu.be/JNkuzfvQrDw Noelle Nichelle North,Eden Stein, Ed
Parkins, Luc Dubois, OSA Commandeer a Subway

On July 12, 2008, a family went to protest the Scientology Organization
in Hollywood, CA. In awareness of the cult's practice of "Fair Game,"
they wore masks to protect their identities.

Upon arriving six blocks from the protest area, mother and children
were blocked in their automobile by a sleazy looking private
investigator who came up inches from the passenger side of the vehicle
and took photos of the children.

Tags: 2008, Bad People, California, Cult, Disconnection, Ed Parkin, Eden
Stein, Fair Game, Hemet, Hollywood, Los Angeles, Luc Dubois, Noelle North,
Office of Special Affairs, OT, Private investigator, Quicky, Sunset Boulevard

======================================

Scientology Implosion: Commenters of the Week!
June 25, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/06/scientology_imp.php

Was this a week, or was this a week, fellow Scientology watchers!

We started out with a hallelujah chorus, Scientology style! We're
talking about the 1990 "We Stand Tall" singalong that a tipster posted
to YouTube and that we put up on the blog Monday morning. Later that
day, we revealed that NatGeo's "Turnaround King," Grant Cardone, is a
high-level, wealthy Scientologist who, e-mails show, slimed famed
acting coach Milton Katselas. On Tuesday, we tided you over with video
of Scientology goons hassling reporters Down Under. Then, on Thursday,
came the big surprise: Scientology's Enemies List -- a handy guide to
the fallen Scientologists and no-good journalists and other church
critics in the Western U.S.

And then, what a Friday. We started out with an interview with Janet
Reitman, author of Inside Scientology, then revealed a brand-new tease
of Mark Bunker's upcoming documentary "Knowledge Report," and then
finished off the day with a heartbreaking follow-up on the Milton
Katselas story, showing how much Grant Cardone's slime job affected the
73-year-old acting coach.

Tags: 1990, Degraded Being, Disconnection, Enemies list, Grant Cardone,
Holocaust, Janet Reitman, Knowledge Report, L. Ron Hubbard, LGBT, Mark
Bunker, Marty Rathbun, Milton Katselas, OT, Quicky, We Stand Tall, YouTube

======================================

Don't Pay More Than You Have To For The Book
June 25, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/scientology-book-censorship-attempt/

Apparently, I may have reacted too soon. A second listing for What Is
Wrong With Scientology showed up on Amazon books. When I inquired of
Amazon, they indicated it appeared someone hijacked my title to divert
sales; would investigate and get back to me within a day. So, if anyone
saw the original short-lived version of this post, you'll understand
why this initial comment and the revision below. Apparently these
initial sales results of What Is Wrong With Scientology? have got some
outlets looking to turn a profit:

Broke into overall top one hundred books in first 24 hours.

Continues at day three as #60 on overall Hot New releases list.

Tags: Amazon, Quicky

======================================

Scientology Opens Phoenix Ideal Org; Mayor Greg Stanton Touts City's Status
as Alien-Based Religion's "Birthplace"
June 25, 2012, Ray Stern, Phoenix New Times
http://blogs.phoenixnewtimes.com/valleyfever/2012/06/scientology_opens_phoenix_idea.php

The grand opening near the former home of Scientology founder L. Ron
Hubbard follows a bitter eviction process for the former tenants of the
building complex at the northeast corner of Indianola and 44th Street,
which New Times detailed in our October 13, 2011 feature story, "Alien
Invasion."

It also follows severe criticism of the religion's mission of recent
years to build Ideal Orgs in major U.S. cities. Critics including
former top Scientology officials like Debbie Cook have accused the
organization and its leader, David Miscavige, of greedily sucking its
members dry with incessant fund-raising tactics for real-estate
projects that don't advance members' needs.

Tags: David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Greg Stanton, Ideal Org, Phoenix, Tony
Malaj

======================================

Wendy Honnor - IAS Freedom Medal Winner is Independent
June 25, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/06/25/wendy-honnor-ias-freedom-medal-winner-is-independent/

Hello Everyone

I, Wendy Honnor, IAS Freedom Medal Winner, Minister and Field Auditor
have now resigned both as a member of the Church of Scientology and as
a member of the International Association of Scientologists.

Tags: 2005, Debbie Cook, Freedom Medal Winner, Independent, International
Association of Scientologists, New Year's Eve, Quicky, Wendy Honnor

======================================

Claire Headley Explains How Scientology's New Edicts Can Be a Gold Mine for
the Church
June 25, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/25/claire-headley-explains-how-scientologys-new-edicts-can-be-a-gold-mine-for-the-church/

Claire Headley is taking us on our journey to train as Scientologists.
She and her husband Marc were Sea Org workers who escaped from
Scientology's International Base in 2005. She spent years working with
Scientology's "tech," and was trusted to oversee the auditing of Tom
Cruise. Go here to see the first part in this series.

Claire, last time you steamed us up in Scientology's sauna program, the
Purification Rundown. What's up next?

CLAIRE: TRs and Objectives. The concept is that you have now freed
yourself from the harmful effects of drugs and toxins in your body, so
now you're ready to be rehabilitated on the subject of control,
communication, and havingness.

Tags: 2003, 2005, Celebrity Centre, Claire Headley, Clear, Clear Certainty
Rundown, Daily Mail, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Golden Age of Tech, Int
Base, New York, Operating Thetan, OT, OT V, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Sea
Org, Suppressive Person, Tom Cruise

======================================

Drug plan shock
June 25, 2013, Kath Gannaway, Mountain Views Mail
http://mountainviews.starcommunity.com.au/mail/2013-06-25/drug-plan-shock/

A PROPOSAL to run live-in drug rehabilitation programs at Green Gables
Conference Centre in Warburton has sparked concern about both the use
and the lack of information about the project in the wider community.

The Association for Better Living and Education has applied for a
planning permit to change the approved use of the LaLa Avenue property
from a conference centre to an education centre.

The proposal is to relocate Narconon, a drug treatment program based on
the teachings of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard, from
O'Shannassy Lodge in East Warburton.

Tags: ABLE, Andrew Paxton, Get Off Drugs Naturally, Narconon, Nerida James,
O'Shannassy Lodge, Warburton, Yarra Ranges Council

======================================

SCIENTOLOGY ASKS U.S. SUPREME COURT FOR EMERGENCY STAY IN FORCED-ABORTION CASE
June 25, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/06/25/scientology-asks-us-supreme-court-for-emergency-stay-in-forced-abortion-case/

Justice Anthony Kennedy With just days before a court order will force
the Church of Scientology to turn over thousands of pages of evidence
in Laura DeCrescenzo's lawsuit alleging abuse during her employment in
the church's "Sea Org" - including an abortion she says was forced on
her when she was only 17 - Scientology has applied to the U.S. Supreme
Court for an emergency stay to stop the lawsuit in its tracks.

Los Angeles Superior Court Judge Ronald Sohigian has already decided
that DeCrescenzo is entitled to her own "pc files" - confessional
material that was compiled while she worked for the church from only
nine years of age, joining the Sea Org at twelve and then finally
leaving it at 25 in 2004. Scientology has appealed and lost that
decision twice, most recently at the California Supreme Court.

Now, Scientology wants the U.S. Supreme Court to review that state
supreme court decision, but in the meantime, it wants an emergency stay
to freeze the case so the church doesn't have to turn over the
documents on July 2.

Tags: 2004, Abortion, California, California Supreme Court, Catholic, Eric
Lieberman, Judge Ronald Sohigian, Justice Anthony Kennedy, Laura DeCrescenzo,
Los Angeles Superior Court, Manhattan, OT, PC folders, Quicky, Scott Pilutik,
Sea Org, US Supreme Court

======================================

(VIDEO) Is Scientology a Cult?
June 25, 2014, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2014/06/25/video-is-scientology-a-cult/

If you look up Scientology in media reports, books or on the internet,
you are going to find it described in a lot of places as a cult. I'm
sure most Scientologists find this term offensive, but the truth is
that they probably don't understand what it actually means. So I
thought I would make an effort to clear this up and answer the question
of "Is Scientology Actually a Cult?"

For many, the word "cult" has bad connotations, bringing to mind a
dark, close-minded, secretive bunch who maybe even gather in the light
of the full moon for strange rituals involving chicken blood and
chanting incantations to Horus or Beelzebub.

Now those groups may be cults, but what I'm talking about is quite a
bit less obvious than that. I was involved with Scientology for almost
three decades so I have more than a passing knowledge of this
particular group. And I don't think anyone was more surprised than me
to find out that I had been a member of a cult all that time.

Tags: 1930, 1993, Catholic Church, Christian, Cult, David Miscavige,
Disconnection, E-meter, Fair Game, Freedom Medal of Valor, Guardian's Office,
International Association of Scientologists, Keep Scientology Working,
Moonies, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky, Religious Technology Center,
Santa Barbara, Sea Org, Tom Cruise

======================================

Mike Rinder takes on Scientology's uneven 'Disconnection' rules
June 25, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/06/25/mike-rinder-takes-on-scientologys-uneven-disconnection-rules/

Jasja Barendsen Former Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder has a
disturbing story at his blog today that helps illustrate just how
upside down Scientology's system of "ethics" is.

In order to maintain control, Scientology encourages its members to
snitch on each other, even asking children to turn in their parents if
they express any doubts about the church. Families are ripped apart
when members are instructed to "disconnect" from a parent or child or
sibling who has run afoul of church management.

And that extends to online communities as well, where Scientologists
are trained to be vigilant about cutting off all ties from a
"suppressive person" - someone excommunicated or otherwise judged a
threat to the church.

Tags: Beck Hansen, Casey Kasem, Chris Shelton, David Campbell, Disconnection,
Jasja Barendsen, Kerri Kasem, Mike Rinder, Quicky, Sexual assault,
Suppressive Person

======================================

More Disconnection Hypocrisy
June 25, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/more-disconnection-hypocrisy/

A Special Correspondent alerted me to this, and I happened to have
additional information that made it even more interesting.

He originally set forth the proposition: Wanting to stay connected to
one's own parent, spouse or child can earn you an SP declare and
expulsion from Scientology, but soliciting sex from a minor and going
to prison will not, even if you're a former Sea Org Member.

Great premise, based on the facts our Special Correspondent had. But
there is more to this story that makes it even more noteworthy.

Tags: 2007, 2008, 2010, Amanda Ambrose, Andrew Stevens, Angie Blankenship,
Bob Wright, California, Caribbean, Chairman of the Board, Clearwater, CMO
Int, Darius Wilhere, DC, Digital Lightwave, Disconnection, Don Jason, Europe,
Facebook, Florida, Freewinds, Frits Kevenaar, Int Base, Jacqueline Kevenaar,
Jacqueline Verweij, Janet McLaughlin, Jasja Barendsen, John Caban, Los Feliz,
Megan Oldfield, Office of Special Affairs, OSA Int, OT, Quicky,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Religious Technology Center, Robin Scott, Sea
Org, Spain, Star of California, Tom Cruise, UK, Valerie Barendsen, Valerie
Hopwood, Valerie Wagoner, Volunteer Ministers

======================================

Operation Snow White: Church Press Release of July 8, 1977
June 25, 2014, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
http://scientologymoneyproject.com/2014/06/25/operation-snow-white-church-press-release-of-july-8-1977/

Note: On the morning of July 8, 1977 134 FBI agents suddenly and
unexpectedly raided the Church of Scientology in Los Angeles and
Washington D.C. The raid lasted 23 hours and the agents seized ~50,000
documents. While the raid was still in progress, the Church PR machine
went into overdrive and issued the following hysterical and bloviating
press release. The Church made sensational and bogus claims about the
US Government and Interpol in this wild-eyed Hubbard-era Scientology
press release:

CHURCH OF SCIENTOLOGY OF FLORIDA

120 GIRALDA ? CORAL GABLES ? FLORIDA ? 33134 ? TELEPHONE: (305) 445-7812

Tags: 1963, 1977, ABLE, CIA, Europe, FBI, Florida, Founding Church, France,
Freedom of Information Act, INFORM, Interpol, Los Angeles, Quicky, Snow White
Program, US Department of Justice, Washington

======================================

Questionable Claims by Anti-Drug Program
June 25, 2014, Robert Martin Wolfe, City Limits
http://www.citylimits.org/news/articles/5140/questionable-claims-by-anti-drug-program

By its own estimate, Foundation for a Drug Free World, an education
non-profit, has visited at least 20 percent of New York City's schools,
public and private. That's over 14,000 children, it says, mainly in
disadvantaged schools in outer boroughs. Drug Free World has won
accolades from the City Council and the state Senate and been featured
by over a dozen local publications, including the Daily News.

But in two recent presentations witnessed by a City Limits reporter,
the organization-which is connected to the Church of
Scientology-presented information on the dangers of drug abuse that had
little basis in fact and could be traced to the works of Scientology
founder L. Ron Hubbard.

Tags: Amir Garakani, Bernard Fialkoff, Clear Body, Clear Mind, Dan Halloran,
David Tidman, Drug Free Marshals, Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Jos?
Peralta, Meghan Fialkoff, Narconon, New York City, Rosaline Torruella

======================================

(VIDEO) Critical Thoughts: Belief vs Fact
June 25, 2015, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2015/06/25/video-critical-thoughts-2-belief-vs-fact/

One of the primary sources of conflict and violence I see in the world
are many people's gross

misconceptions about the difference between a belief and a fact.

Let's face it - as a species we buy into some of the most ridiculous
nonsense imaginable and then swear it's the only way things could be.
We are ridiculous that way. We have grown, educated people who should
know better teaching myths to school children who have no ability to
judge how rational or irrational that information is. There are
instances where those same children are literally beaten if they do not
agree. Now I ask you, is that education or is that child abuse?

Tags: Critic, Quicky

======================================

MIKE RINDER AND REPORTER: MAN CONVICTED OF HACKING WAS WORKING FOR SCIENTOLOGY
June 25, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/06/25/mike-rinder-and-reporter-man-convicted-of-hacking-was-working-for-scientology/

Tomorrow in New York, Eric Saldarriaga, a 41-year-old Astoria, Queens
private investigator, will be sentenced in federal court after pleading
guilty to hiring a hacker to access private email accounts on behalf of
his clients.

According to a story in the New York Times published in March,
Saldarriaga was cooperative with federal prosecutors and is expected to
receive a sentence of about six months. The story also explains that
none of the identities of Mr. Saldarriaga's victims or of his clients
had been revealed.

However, this afternoon, just a day before the sentencing, the court
received a "victim impact statement" from Mike Rinder (pictured), the
former Scientology international spokesman who featured prominently in
Alex Gibney's HBO documentary about Scientology, Going Clear. In his
statement, Rinder indicates that he was notified by the Justice
Department that he was one of Saldarriaga's targets for hacking, and he
was invited to submit a statement to the court.

Tags: 2010, 2012, 2013, Alex Gibney, David Miscavige, Eric Saldarriaga, FBI,
Federal Bureau of Investigation, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of
Belief, HBO, Human trafficking, Los Angeles Times, Mike Rinder, New York, New
York Times, Pat Broeker, Peter Brill, Private investigator, Queens, Ray
Jeffrey, Ron Miscavige Sr, Scott Pilutik, Tax exempt, Texas, US Attorney's
Office, US Department of Justice

======================================

Nora Crest in Toronto: Growing up in Scientology means indoctrination from
birth
June 25, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/06/25/nora-crest-in-toronto-growing-up-in-scientology-means-indoctrination-from-birth/

We had to leave the Toronto Scientology conference to deal with some
changes back here in New York, but Jonny Jacobsen remained, and
submitted this account of Nora Crest's presentation on Wednesday.

Nora Crest gave a sharp, funny and at times moving account of what it
is like to grow up inside Scientology. She was born in 1976, a few
years after her mother had started in Scientology. Her mother was
working with the Guardian's Office in Sacramento ? the old intelligence
unit.

Her father, while he wasn't officially with the GO, did help out with
the Snow White Program, the vast operation to steal government
documents relating to the movement. Years later, she learned that he
had got a job in a government building in Sacramento, hiding out in the
ladies' toilets until after closing, so he could open a window and let
the burglars in.

Tags: 1950, 1976, Big Blue, Buddha, Celebrity Centre, Christian, Claire
Headley, Growing Up In Scientology, Guardian's Office, Jonny Jacobsen, Los
Angeles, New York, Nora Crest, OT, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force,
Sacramento, Scientology practice, Sea Org, Snow White Program, Toronto,
Training Routines

======================================

PI Working For Scientology Pleads Guilty To Hacking Me And Tony Ortega
June 25, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/pi-working-for-scientology-pleads-guilty-to-hacking-me-and-tony-ortega/

See the full story here.

Tags: Eric Saldarriaga, Quicky, Tony Ortega

======================================

Prison Term Sought for Private Eye Who Hacked Email
June 25, 2015, Matthew Goldstein, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2015/06/26/business/dealbook/prison-term-sought-for-private-eye-who-hacked-email.html?_r=0

In the end, the amount of money a New York private investigator made
from people who paid him to illegally pilfer the emails of possibly
dozens of people he was investigating was small - just $5,000.

But the privacy violation was so great that federal prosecutors are
asking a judge on Friday to sentence the investigator, Eric
Saldarriaga, 41, to serve as much as six months in prison to send a
stern message about the wrongness of illegal hacking.

At least one of the people who had their email accounts hacked by Mr.
Saldarriaga was a journalist who has written articles about the Church
of Scientology and suspects that the investigator was hired to look
into his work, according to a letter from the victim that prosecutors
filed with the court on Thursday.

Tags: Daniel Noble, Eric Saldarriaga, Judge Richard Sullivan, Manhattan, Mike
Rinder, Peter Brill, Preet Bharara, Queens, SEC, Tony Ortega

======================================

Scientology critics bringing book tour to Clearwater
June 25, 2015, Mike Brassfield, Tampa Bay Times
http://www.tampabay.com/news/scientology/scientology-critics-bringing-book-tour-to-clearwater/2235111

Paulette Cooper is a legendary name among people who watch the Church
of Scientology.

After she wrote a book in the 1970s that was critical of Scientology,
the church's security agents framed her for bomb threats.

Now Tony Ortega, a journalist who runs a blog criticizing Scientology,
has written a book about Cooper. The two are on a book tour, and on
Sunday, they will come to Scientology Central - the city of Clearwater.

Tags: 1970, 1971, 1973, 1977, 1985, Barbara Pickell, Bomb threat, Center for
Inquiry, Clearwater, Clearwater Main Library, FBI, Going Clear: Scientology
and the Prison of Belief, Guardian's Office, HBO, Hollywood, Los Angeles,
Paulette Cooper, Psychiatric treatment, Steve Allen Theater, Tampa, The
Scandal of Scientology, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Tony Ortega

======================================

Scientology Hacking Scandal! Two Leading Church Critics Were Hacking Victims,
Dept. Of Justice Reveals - FBI Investigation Next?
June 25, 2015, Radar Online
http://radaronline.com/celebrity-news/scientologists-mike-rinder-tony-ortega-hacked/

Two leading Scientology critics are calling upon the FBI and U.S.
Attorneys office to investigate the church today after they were
notified by the Department of Justice that they have been the victims
of a hacker.

Eric Saldarriaga, a private investigator from Queens, NY, pleaded
guilty to a charge of conspiracy in March for hiring a hacker to help
him access at least 60 private email accounts, including those of
Scientology critics Mike Rinder (a former leader of the church) and
journalist Tony Ortega. Saldarriaga will be sentenced to up to six
months in prison tomorrow, June 26, and ahead of the sentencing Rinder
and Ortega were notified that they were two of his victims.

The two men prepared victims' statements for the court to consider, and
both alleged that Saldarriaga was nothing more than a Scientology fall
guy.

Tags: Eric Saldarriaga, Fair Game, FBI, Mike Rinder, Private investigator,
Queens, Tony Ortega

======================================

Cause Over Life Demonstration
June 25, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/cause-over-life-demonstration/

Here is a perfect example of scientologist cause and confront from a
posterchild for OTishness, our old friend Barbara Dews.

A Special Correspondent sent me this email exchange and if you read
down the thread (earliest at the top) you will see BD going from a
shark smelling fresh blood, to a somewhat concerned deer caught in the
headlights to a rabbit that scurried down her hole in abject terror.

This is cause over life. This is how to confront and shatter
suppression. This is how to be OT so you can go OT.

Tags: Alex Gibney, Barbara Dews, Catholic, Catholic Church, Christian,
Clearwater, Deb Hulthen, Documentary, Field Staff Member, Florida, Going
Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, HBO, L. Ron Hubbard, Leah
Remini, Micheal Phillips, North Korea, OT, OT V, OT VIII, Potential Trouble
Source, Quicky, Sea Org, Super Power, Suppressive Person

======================================

Megan Shields, the physician Scientology used to vouch for its drug rehabs,
dies of cancer
June 25, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/06/25/megan-shields-the-physician-scientology-used-to-vouch-for-its-drug-rehabs-dies-of-cancer/

(Megan Shields and her husband, George Duggan)

We learned last night that Dr. Megan Shields, a Glendale physician and
OT 8 Scientologist who had been doctor to many Church of Scientology
members in the Los Angeles area, died last week after a lengthy battle
with cancer. She was 68.

Scientologists who revered her have been posting remembrances of her on
Facebook, about how she had a unique way to treat them and save them
from seeing more conventional doctors.

Tags: 1986, 1998, 2002, 2004, Bob Duggan, Carnegie Mellon, David Touretzky,
Facebook, Gene Denk, George Duggan, Glendale, Karen Black, Los Angeles, Mary
Sue Hubbard, Megan Shields, Nancy Cartwright, Narconon, New Life
Detoxification Program, OT 8, Rachel Denk, Royal Governness, Scientology
doctor, Super Power Building, Valley Ideal Org

======================================

Claire Headley on growing up in Scientology, and other HowdyCon highlights
June 25, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2017/06/25/claire-headley-on-growing-up-in-scientology-and-other-howdycon-highlights/

Our second annual meetup is in the books, and we won't soon forget it.
Kim O'Brien found a charming space for our private party, the Limerick
Room at the Irish Rover in Denver, where 75 people gathered last night
for HowdyCon 2017.

We had chosen Denver in part because it happens to be where a large
number of familiar former Church of Scientology members happen to live.
In particular, we looked forward to the participation of Marc and
Claire Headley, and they did not disappoint.

"I was honored to have been invited," Marc told us after the event.
"Since my wife and I escaped from Scientology in 2005 we have received
nothing but support from people hearing our story, and this is one of
things that helped us along over the years. When you're on your own and
trying to make it in the world and having to start from scratch, you
would not believe the power a few hundred people can have when they are
pledging their support and cheering you on. I was happy to meet many of
these people over the past few days and have conversations with them. I
know that there were many people that could not make it this year and I
hope that we will meet and get to talk in the coming years! Long live
HowdyCon!"

Tags: 2005, 2016, Aaron Smith-Levin, Alanna Masterson, Australia, Bernie
Headley, Brian Sheen, Cadet Org, Cathy Schenkelberg, Chris Shelton, Cindy
Plahuta, Claire Headley, Clearwater, David Miscavige, Denver, Derek Bloch,
Disconnection, England, Europe, Fair Game, HowdyCon, Int Base, Jamie
Sorrentini, Joe Reaiche, John Dower, Kate Bornstein, Keep Scientology
Working, Kim O'Brien, Las Vegas, Limerick, Lois Reisdorf, London, Lori
Hodgson, Louis Theroux, Marc Headley, Marie Bilheimer, Mary Jane Sterne, Mary
Kahn, Melissa Paris, Mike Rinder, My Scientology Movie, Quailynn McDaniel,
Quicky, Ramana Dienes-Browning, Rehabilitation Project Force, Renata Lugli,
Sara Goldberg, Sea Org, Steve Cannane, The Way to Happiness, Tom Cruise,
Touch Assist, Warren Young, Willie Jones

======================================

Marc Headley's behind the scenes at "My Scientology Movie"
June 25, 2017, Tony Ortega, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lL2WWGDJnMQ

Tags: Marc Headley, My Scientology Movie, Quicky

======================================

Marty Rathbun's Meltdown
June 25, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/marty-rathbuns-meltdown/

The spiders on Marty's walls are getting larger and more active and he
appears to be increasingly more concerned that he has to explain his
hallucinations to the world.

I have tended to ignore pretty much everything he has said, and I could
care less what he says about me personally (all anyone need do is go
back and look at many of his laudatory comments about me to see that
both versions of me that he preached about cannot be true).

But I do not appreciate him taking aim at people who have suffered harm
at the hands of scientology and calling them liars. Especially when
they have become the target of his lies and vitriol only because they
agreed to appear on Scientology: The Aftermath.

Tags: 2009, A&E, Aaron Smith-Levin, Amy Scobee, Becky Miscavige, Brandon
Reisdorf, Christie Collbran, Claire Headley, Critic, David Miscavige,
Jefferson Hawkins, Marty Rathbun, Mary Kahn, Matt Pesch, OT, Quicky, Ron
Miscavige Sr, Scientology and the Aftermath, Tom DeVocht, Truth Rundown

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
June 25 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/06-25.html