African-American university students offended by cotton

Send Them Back To Africa

Apr 24, 2018, 8:29:41 PM4/24/18
The president of Lipscomb University issued a public apology
after an untold number of African American students were
offended by a dinner table centerpiece made from stalks of
cotton.

Yes, good readers – a group of college students was triggered by
the fabric of our lives.

Randy Lowry, president of the Christian university based in
Nashville, had invited African American students to his home for
dinner last week.

One student who attended the gathering posted a diatribe on
Instagram – along with a photo of the “offensive” centerpiece.

“We were very offended,” the student wrote. “My friend … asked
why there was cotton on the table as the centerpiece. His
response was that he didn’t know, he seen it before we did, he
kind of thought it was ‘fallish’, THEN he said, “it ISNT
INHERENTLY BAD IF WERE ALL WEARING IT.”

The students were also angered by the home-cooked meal they were
served.

“The meals that were provided resembled many ‘black meals’ they
had mac n cheese, collard greens, corn bread, etc.,” the student
wrote.

President Lowry posted an apology on the university’s Facebook
page.

“The content of the centerpieces was offensive, and I could have
handled the situation with more sensitivity,” he wrote. “I
sincerely apologize for the discomfort, anger or disappointment
we caused and solicit your forgiveness.”

Now, just wait one cotton-picking minute.

The university president graciously invited students to his
home, had a home-cooked meal prepared in their honor and
lavished them with Southern hospitality.

Instead of a cordial, ‘thank you,’ the students pitched a public
hissy fit.

What a bunch of ingrates.

And since cotton causes them such grave offense, I have to
assume that most of them were wearing polyester to the dinner
party.

Lipscomb University is doing a grave disservice by apologizing
to a bunch of young people feigning to be victims of Lord knows
what.

By the way, what’s wrong with collard greens and cornbread and
macaroni and cheese? Back home in Deep South we don’t call that
“black meals” or “white meals.” We just call that good eatin’.

nakayla...@gmail.com
Country: United States

https://www.instagram.com/p/BV-WsWoh1SP/?taken-by=nakaylayvonne

nakaylayvonne

So I attend Lipscomb university and as most of you know that is
a predominately white school. Tonight AFRICAN AMERICAN students
were invited to have dinner with the president of the school. As
we arrived to the president's home and proceeded to go in we
seen cotton as the center pieces. We also stood and ate dinner,
there were no seats to sit in and it felt very uncomfortable. We
were very offended, and also the meals that were provided
resembled many "black meals" they had mac n cheese, collard
greens, corn bread etc. The night before Latinos also had dinner
at his house and they had tacos. They also DIDN'T have the
center piece that we HAD tonight. A couple of minutes went by,
the president was coming around and asking for our names and
what our major was. He finally got to our table and my friend
@kay_cyann asked why there was cotton on the table as the center
piece. His response was that he didn't know, he seen it before
we did, he kind of thought it was " fallish", THEN he said " it
ISNT INHERENTLY BAD IF WERE ALL WEARING IT " then walked off.
Later on all of us that were there were invited into the home,
and we had the impression that we were coming to speak about how
us as Black people feel about Lipscomb. The whole entire time we
were in their home they only talked about themselves( how they
met, got married and ended up at lipscomb) & the ONLY question
that we were asked was our transformation coming to lipscomb. A
couple of women answered the question but they sugar coated it.
They said any other questions that we may have can be emailed to
the advocate for the Latinos and that a second meeting may be
held. Also we don't have an advocate on campus, the only African
American advocate we had, no longer works here. The only
advocate available to us is the advocate for the Latinos. They
claim to have funding for minorities, BUT you have to live up to
the expectations of a typical Black family to even get the
1000$.There is NO FUNDING for just us black students. #share

Just as you would expect, nakaylayvonne is a black racist.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BX1ZGZXBxbI/?taken-by=nakaylayvonne

https://www.toddstarnes.com/column/african-american-students-
offended-by-cotton-centerpiece