Today in Scientology -- November 25th ****************************************************

Scientology Today

Nov 26, 2019, 11:19:42 AM11/26/19
Today November 25th in Scientology history

Defense lawyers for two top-ranking members of the Church...
November 25, 1980, JUDI HASSON, UPI
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1980/11/25/Defense-lawyers-for-two-top-ranking-members-of-the-Church/4943603476430/

WASHINGTON -- Defense lawyers for two top-ranking members of the Church
of Scientology Tuesday urged a jury to find the officials innocent of
charges stemming from an alleged scheme to burglarize government offices.

Lawyers for Jane Kember and Morris Budlong, who were extradited from
England to face trial here, said the government has not proved the two
defendants aided and abetted others to commit a crime.

The U.S. District Court jury was scheduled to begin its deliberations
in the case Wednesday.

Tags: 1976, Burglary, East Grinstead, England, FBI, Internal Revenue Service,
Jane Kember, John Shorter, Lawyer, Los Angeles, Mary Sue Hubbard, Mo Budlong,
Quicky, Raymond Banoun, US Department of Justice, Washington

L. Ron Hubbard's wife agrees to testify in Scientology case
November 25, 1980, Gregory Gordon, UPI
https://www.upi.com/Archives/1980/11/25/L-Ron-Hubbards-wife-agrees-to-testify-in-Scientology-case/8333343976400/

WASHINGTON -- Threatened with imprisonment for failing to testify, the
wife of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard is reluctantly
answering prosecutors' questions about her alleged role in a church
conspiracy to steal government files.

But three other high-ranking church members refused to testify Monday
at the trial of two scientologists, despite an appeals court ruling
earlier in the day upholding an earlier civil contempt citation against
them.

U.S. District Judge Aubrey Robinson ordered the three -- Richard
Weigand of Van Nuys, Calif., Gregory Willardson of Beverly Hills and
Henning Heldt of Los Angeles -- to each spend 30 days in jail or face a
$30,000 fine for criminal contempt.

Tags: 1979, Beverly Hills, England, Gregory Willardson, Guardian's Office,
Henning Heldt, Internal Revenue Service, Jane Kember, Judge Aubrey Robinson,
Leonard Boudin, Los Angeles, Mary Sue Hubbard, Mo Budlong, Quicky, Richard
Weigand, US Department of Justice

Margaret Singer -- expert on brainwashing
November 25, 2003, Steve Rubenstein, San Francisco Chronicle
https://www.sfgate.com/bayarea/article/Margaret-Singer-expert-on-brainwashing-2547767.php

"I started hearing from families who had missing members, many of them
young kids on our campus, and they all would describe the same sorts of
things," she said. "A sudden change of personality, a new way of
talking . . . and then they would disappear. And bingo, it was the same
sort of thing as with the Korean War prisoners, the same sort of
thought-reform and social controls."

"You find it again and again, any time people feel vulnerable," she said.

"There are always sharpies around who want to hornswoggle people."

Tags: Brainwashing, Margaret Singer, Paul Morantz, Synanon

A Scientology center's guard kills an Oregon man
November 25, 2008, Lori Tobias, The Oregonian
https://www.oregonlive.com/news/oregonian/index.ssf?/base/news/1227587117197250.xml&coll=7

A man shot and killed Sunday in front of a Scientology building in Los
Angeles was a Florence resident who was on probation for stalking a
Lane County judge. Also, he recently had served time in a Florence jail
for threatening a tow truck driver.

A security guard shot Mario Majorski, 48, after Majorski threatened
guests and another security guard with samurai swords at the
Scientology Celebrity Centre in Hollywood, Los Angeles police said.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Death, Mario Majorski, Shooting

Guard Kills Attacker
November 25, 2008, AP, New York Times
http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/25/us/25brfs-GUARDKILLSAT_BRF.html

An Oregon man was fatally shot on Sunday as he wielded samurai swords
and tried to attack guests at a landmark Scientology building in Los
Angeles. The man, Mario Majorski, had been involved in "prior
incidents" with the church, the police said.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Epic Swords Guy, Mario Majorski, Wendi Berndt

Hit Them Where They Live
November 25, 2008, Steven Croop, The Escapist
http://www.escapistmagazine.com/articles/view/issues/issue_177/5510-Hit-Them-Where-They-Live

So, how in the world did a secluded online community, widely considered
to be a bunch of social misfits and outcasts with little vested
interests beyond expanding their collections of violent fetish porn,
become a potent, organized activist group that has protested against
the Church of Scientology since January in an operation called "Project
Chanology"?

For one thing, they're not quite so homogeneously pathetic at all. "The
hundreds of people I have met at various Anonymous raids have all been
great people from many walks of life," says Mark Bunker, the Producer
of xenutv.com, who has been fighting the Church since 1999. "Many of
them are young, but not all of them. I've met students, doctors,
lawyers, people from law enforcement and so many other fields taking to
the streets, wearing the masks and speaking out because they believe
it's the right thing to do."

Tags: Anonymous, Mark Bunker, Project Chanology, Wise Beard Man

If Scientologists can take our golf courses, what's next?
November 25, 2008, William K. Wolfrum, World Golf News
http://www.worldgolf.com/newswire/browse/56453-William-K-Wolfrum-If-Scientologists-can-take-our-golf-courses-whats-next

Golden Era Golf Course was a pleasant nine-hole run in Gilman Hot
Springs, Calif. It was a nice challenge for golfers looking to get some
holes in while enjoying the local area. And then the Scientologists
came and took it all away.

For the most part, I treat Scientology like I do any other belief
system. Ok, maybe I'm a little harsher with Scientologists, but c'mon,
they believe in aliens, thetans, bigfoots and vampires, for goodness
sake. They just bring it upon themselves. But generally, Scientology is
not really worthy of much attention, if people want to give away their
money to charlatans, who am I to judge?

But when Scientology starts taking things away from regular, non-thetan
believers, well, that's when it's time to face this imminent
space-alien attack.

Tags: David Williams, Gilman Hot Springs, Golden Era Productions, Int Base

Man killed at Hollywood Scientology center had made prior threats, police say
November 25, 2008, Harriet Ryan, Los Angeles Times
https://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-scientology25-2008nov25,0,2646875.story

A man who was shot and killed after wielding two samurai swords at the
Church of Scientology's Celebrity Centre in Hollywood was from out of
state and had recently purchased the swords, coroner's investigators
said today.

Police detained the security guard who shot the man for questioning but
said a surveillance tape backed his claim that he fired his
semiautomatic handgun to protect himself and two colleagues.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Epic Swords Guy, Wendi Berndt

Scientology intruder had been in Lane jail
November 25, 2008, Winston Ross, Register-Guard
https://www.registerguard.com/csp/cms/sites/web/news/3124001-35/story.csp

Los Angeles police Detective Wendi Berndt said Monday that Majorski
drove up to the church and confronted several security guards with the
swords, threatening repeatedly to kill them. The guards pushed Majorski
back toward his vehicle, but eventually had to use deadly force, Berndt
said.

"There was video of the whole incident. It's very compelling, very
clear that the suspect in this case was attempting to kill somebody,"
Berndt said.

Tags: Epic Swords Guy, Mario Majorski, Wendi Berndt

Slain sword wielder from out of state, L.A. investigators say
November 25, 2008, James Wagner, Los Angeles Times
http://articles.latimes.com/2008/nov/25/local/me-scientology25

Police did not release the name of the guard or the man killed in the
shooting, which occurred about noon. An investigator said the man had a
history with the church but was not a member now. The tape showed the
man arriving at the Celebrity Centre's Bronson Avenue parking lot in a
red convertible, getting out of the vehicle and approaching a trio of
security guards and waving a sword in each hand, Hara said.

He said the man, who was described as being in his 40s, was "close
enough to hurt them" when the guard fired. The man was taken to
County-USC Medical Center, where he was pronounced dead.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Death, Epic Swords Guy

Aaron Saxton on the role of the Sea Org part 1 of 2.flv
November 25, 2009, iaxilollz, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GpRyHgYK9TU

Aaron Saxton on the role of the Sea Org part 1 of 2

Tags: Aaron Saxton, Quicky, Sea Org

Ground Control to Major Dave
November 25, 2010, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/11/25/ground-control-to-major-dave/

Hope you all have a nice Thanksgiving. We're fishin' and dishin'. First
in a series:

Tags: Quicky

Jesse Prince Warning about L. Ron Hubbard, Dianetics and Scientology
November 25, 2010, mnql2, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4IMsihn0VM

Mirrored from the cultxpt vimeo channel in the hope of informing the
Nation of Islam and the public in general: http://vimeo.com/3374670

This video is a response to:

Message To Those Who Slander The Honorable Minister Louis Farrakhan!

Tags: 1992, 1998, Clearwater, Dianetics, Florida, Hamburg, Jesse Prince, Keep
Scientology Working, Lisa McPherson, Louis Farrakhan, Nation of Islam, Quicky

Scientology Hip Hop Video Goes Viral Online (VIDEO)
November 25, 2011, Luiza Olezczuk, Christian Post
https://www.christianpost.com/news/scientology-hip-hop-video-goes-viral-online-video-62979/

A hip hop video which leaked online last week called "Dauntless,
Defiant, Resolute," produced for the internal use of the Church of
Scientology, is going viral across the Internet, drawing mockery and
criticism of the church from mainstream media.

Tags: Chill EB, International Association of Scientologists, YouTube

Scientology vs. Pollution, a Lisbon Cocktail Party, and More: Sailing on the
Apollo Nov. 20-26
November 25, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/11/scientology_vs.php

Last week, we started a new feature here on Fridays: the Voice has
obtained hundreds of copies of L. Ron Hubbard's previously unpublished
"Orders of the Day," which he gave to crew members as he sailed the
Mediterranean. Our documents cover the period from 1968 to 1971. In
this installment, we're looking at what was happening the week of
November 20 to 26 during those years.

After the jump, LRH shares his thoughts on welfare, flu bugs,
overpopulation, and more...

1968

Tags: 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, Apollo, Bill Robertson, Germany, L. Ron
Hubbard, Lisbon, Maria Starkey, Mediterranean, Norman Starkey, Orders of the
Day, OT, Quicky, Washington

Sunday Funnies: Scientology Braces for the Holidays!
November 25, 2012, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2012/11/25/sunday-funnies-scientology-braces-for-the-holidays/

With Thanksgiving behind us, the rest of the year will, as usual, fly
by with alacrity.

Scientologists, like the rest of us, are bracing for the final mad
weeks of 2012, and we have some of their most recent fundraising
mailers and other come-ons that have arrived in the inboxes of members.

As you ponder all the things you need to get done before 2013 starts,
take a moment and join us for our weekly dose of Sunday Funnies!

Tags: 2013, Advanced Org, AOLA, Bridge to Total Freedom, IRS, Los Angeles,
Quicky, Sunday Funnies, Whole Track

Analytical Techniques: Spotting Fallacies in Arguments
November 25, 2013, John P. Capitalist, Reasoned.Life
http://www.reasoned.life/2013/11/analytical-techniques-spotting-fallacies-in-arguments/

Impeccable logic + pointy ears wins arguments but does not necessarily
help win the hearts of supermodels.

with the most common logical fallacies in building arguments. If you
master and apply the material on this one page, you will amaze and
impress (and probably also intimidate) your friends with your
brilliance. And by being able to spot errors in others' analysis, you
win the right to denounce their work with an air of haughty derision,
and you spare yourself the embarrassment of potentially spouting
inaccurate twaddle if you believe what they said.

Fair disclosure, though: your new-found command of logic may not make
it easier for you to hit on supermodels (whichever flavor is most
appealing to you) in trendy Manhattan clubs. Don't ask me how I know
this.

Tags: 1970, Manhattan, Quicky, Republican

Message From A Field Auditor -- GAG II is Like Waterloo
November 25, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/message-from-a-field-auditor-gag-ii-is-like-waterloo/

One of our Special Correspondents sent in this report:

It's all true. Following is an excerpt of a message I received from a
Field Auditor.

He has one of the biggest field auditing groups in our area. He is OT
VIII who remains with the Church because of his family of Kool Aid
drinkers. But maybe this will change the scene.

Tags: L. Ron Hubbard, OT 7, OT 8, OT VIII, Quicky, Student Hat, Survival
Rundown

Miscavige's Disconnection Dilemma
November 25, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/miscaviges-disconnection-dilemma/

Now that Leah Remini is officially a Special Person (see Tony Ortega's
blog this morning), the big question becomes whether Miscavige is going
to attempt to enforce the oft-employed disconnection card with Jennifer
Lopez.

Everyone knows JLo and Leah are BFFs. They were hanging at JLo's party
last nite and featured on the People Mag site (and everywhere else).

It is also common knowledge that JLo's father is a Scientologist.

Tags: David Miscavige, Disconnection, Jennifer Lopez, Leah Remini, Quicky,
Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega

SCIENTOLOGY DECLARES ACTRESS LEAH REMINI A "SUPPRESSIVE PERSON"
November 25, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2013/11/25/scientology-declares-actress-leah-remini-a-suppressive-person/

Back in July, we broke the news that Leah Remini had left Scientology
after growing up in the church and becoming one of its most well-known
celebrity defenders. We learned that she had begun to grow disaffected
after what she saw at Tom Cruise's 2006 wedding to Katie Holmes, and
then decided to leave for good earlier this year. In order to minimize
the chances for Scientology's legendary retaliation, Remini managed to
convince her entire family to leave the church with her.

But Remini was still careful to limit what she said publicly about her
reasons for leaving. Many Scientologists who ditch the controlling
church do so as quietly as possible, hoping to avoid Scientology's
ultimate punishment - to be "declared" a "suppressive person,"
Scientology's version of excommunication. Not only can "SPs" feel the
full force of Scientology's sophisticated revenge apparatus, but SPs
also lose all contact with Scientologists who want to remain in good
standing with the church. Our sources had told us that Remini hoped to
avoid being declared an SP so she could remain in contact with some
other celebrities who were on the fence about leaving.

Last week, we received a report that Scientology has now declared the
King of Queens actress a suppressive person.

Tags: 2005, 2006, 2007, California, Clear, Clearwater, David Miscavige,
Disconnection, Ethics Officer, Florida, Hemet, Int Base, International
Justice Chief, Jason Beghe, Katie Holmes, King of Queens, Lake Arrowhead,
LAPD, Leah Remini, Los Angeles, Mike Rinder, Nicole Kidman, Paul Haggis,
Police, Potential Trouble Source, Quicky, Scientology executive, Shelly
Miscavige, Super Power Building, Suppressive Person, Tom Cruise

How Big Is Scientology? Lies Exposed
November 25, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/how-big-is-scientology-lies-exposed/

Quote from Karin Pouw letter to Tampa Bay Times June 2012 :

The last three years tell you all you need to know: The Church has
doubled in size since your sources left and, since your opening
articles in 2009, Church expansion has only accelerated, contrary to
the predictions of both the Times and your sources.

It's but one example. Virtually every media who has written anything
about scientology in the last decade or more have received similar
communications from the church or its lawyers.

Tags: 2009, 2012, Jefferson Hawkins, Karin Pouw, OT, Quicky, Tampa Bay Times

Scientology Armageddon: Now Sears - yes, Sears - is piling on the embattled
church
November 25, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/11/25/scientology-armageddon-now-sears-yes-sears-is-piling-on-the-embattled-church/

We want to thank Jeffrey Augustine for bringing our attention to this
gem. It's an iron-on heat transfer - the kind of thing you use to
customize a T-shirt - with a slogan that the Church of Scientology is
not going to appreciate. But the best part? It's on sale at the website
of Sears. Yes, Sears!

It was just last month that Sears got into hot water for allowing a
third party vendor at its website to sell rings emblazoned with
swastikas. After a social media firestorm, Sears apologized and took
the rings down.

And now, the Sears website features this iron-on heat transfer from
vendor 3dRose, which says it's from the Mark Andrews ZeGear Cool line.
It reads, "Scientology - Making eccentrics pay for God since 1952"...

Tags: 1952, Armageddon, Google, Jeffrey Augustine, Quicky, Scott Pilutik,
Sears

Vivian Krause and Richard Berman's Oil Industry Playbook
November 25, 2014, Warren Bell, The Narwhal
https://thenarwhal.ca/vivian-krause-and-richard-berman-s-play-book/

As he urged industry reps to employ tactics like digging up
embarrassing tidbits about environmentalists and liberal celebrities,
Berman also made one emphatic point:

"People always ask me one question all the time, 'How do I know that I
won't be found out as a supporter of what you're doing?' We run all of
this stuff through non-profit organizations that are insulated from
having to disclose donors. There is total anonymity. People don't know
who supports us. We've been doing this for 20-something years in this
regard."

The Western Energy Alliance, at whose June meeting Berman laid out his
cold-blooded strategy, describes membership as "an investment in the
future of the independent oil and gas community in the West." Its
members throughout the U.S. and Canada "share and support our
commitment to improve business conditions, expand opportunities and
move the industry forward."

Tags: 2009, 2012, Alberta, Barrie, British Columbia, Canada, Canada Revenue
Agency, Colorado Springs, Company, David Suzuki Foundation, DC, DougWiki,
Environmental, Ezra Levant, Krause conspiracy theory, New York Times, Rick
Berman, Stephen Harper, Sun Media, Twitter, Vancouver, Vivian Krause,
Washington

CST Wyoming Fail
November 25, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/cst-wyoming-fail/

Church of Spiritual Technology (CST) has reached a monumental, epic
milestone of ideal fail.

For some reason they purchased a property in Sweetwater County Wyoming
- presumably to build yet another vault (probably a better idea than in
the earthquake zones of Southern and Northern California). Why they
need another one in the US when they already have 3 of them is a
mystery. I guess the rest of the world doesn't deserve to be saved when
the big meltdown occurs? Or there will only be survivors in the western
half of the US? Or something....

In any event, they bought this property but it was zoned for
agricultural use. They were ordered to stop work by the county in 2009
and the signs are still prominently posted. There are a few cars on the
property, but otherwise it is deserted. The county in fact forced them
to restore the scars they had created and return the land to its
original condition.

Tags: 2009, Advanced Org, California, Church of Spiritual Technology, Idaho,
Montana, Nebraska, Quicky, South Dakota, Sweetwater County, US Secretary of
State, Wyoming

Growing Up Quiverfull - The Duggar's Destructive Cult
November 25, 2015, Chris Shelton, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9WQy4LGUQRg

An interview with cult survivor Kristiana Miner about her involvement
in the Quiverfull movement, Bill Gothard's destructive cult and the
influence of Michael Pearl's sadistic methods of child training. Her
childhood was an ordeal but her recovery has been amazing and she
explains how it all happened here.

For more information and articles from me, check out my blog at
http://mncriticalthinking.com

Subscribe to my podcast at http://sensiblyspeaking.com

Tags: Bill Gothard, Cult, Josh Duggar, Quicky, Quiverfull

Lisa McPherson and the doctors: Hamstrung by the 'spiritual' needs of a thetan
November 25, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2015/11/25/lisa-mcpherson-and-the-doctors-hamstrung-by-the-spiritual-needs-of-a-thetan/

Lisa McPherson's first week under confinement at the Fort Harrison
Hotel ended twenty years ago today.

On Saturday, November 25, 1995, Lisa was watched in her cabana room by
caretakers named Heather Hoff and Rita Boykin. And they were also
joined by a man named David Houghton.

Houghton was studying for his dentist board exam at the time. He would
take his board exams in just a few days so that he could become the
Flag Land Base in-house dentist. After finishing dental school, he had
some knowledge of medicine in general, and on the evening of the 24th,
he had a telephone discussion with a Scientologist doctor named David
Minkoff about the woman who was being held in Room 174 because she had
gone "Type III."

Tags: 1995, ABLE, Alain Kartuzinski, Belgium, Benadryl, Brussels, Bryan
Seymour, David Houghton, David Minkoff, David Miscavige, Flag Land Base,
Florida, Fort Harrison, Freewinds, Heather Hoff, Janis Johnson, Jim Mathers,
Jonny Jacobsen, Lisa McPherson, Matt Feshbach, Narconon, New South Wales,
Quicky, Rita Boykin, Room 174, Valium, Whale, Yarramalong Valley

Scientology: Fair Game? - YouTube
November 25, 2015, WheelerCentre, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jBmwZ_OmTdI

Scientology's founder, L. Ron Hubbard, once defined the religion as
being in service of 'a civilisation without insanity, without criminals
and without war, where the able can prosper and honest beings can have
rights, and where man is free to rise to greater heights'.

Almost 60 years since its foundation, though, Scientology has become a
uniquely contentious phenomenon ? with many questioning its status as a
religion, cult or business, and with a reputation for fiercely
defensive, litigious and coercive reactions to criticism. One of the
first to feel the Church's wrath was Paulette Cooper ? whose 1971 book,
The Scandal of Scientology, saw her become the target of an elaborate
plot which set out to destroy her credibility, frame her and land her
with a 15 year prison sentence. Codenamed 'Miss Lovely' by Church
operatives, Cooper is now the subject of investigative journalist Tony
Ortega's book, The Unbreakable Miss Lovely.

Ortega is a long-time chronicler of Scientology, and one of its leading
scrutineers. Featured in Alex Gibney's HBO documentary Going Clear,
he's the executive editor of TheLipTV and former editor-in-chief of The
Village Voice. He visits Melbourne ? where the world's first inquiry
into Scientology was held in 1963, and Scientology was first banned in
1965 ? for a chat with Steve Cannane, who's currently writing a book on
Scientology's history in Australia.

Tags: 1963, 1965, 1971, Alex Gibney, Australia, Fair Game, Going Clear:
Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, HBO, Melbourne, Miss
Lovely, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Steve Cannane, The Scandal of Scientology,
The Unbreakable Miss Lovely, TheLipTV, Tony Ortega, Village Voice

Regraded Being
November 25, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/friday-regraded-being-73/

Tags: Quicky, Regraded Being

Scientologists demand A&E Network pull former disciple Leah Remini's expos?
from air
November 25, 2016, Vancouver Sun
http://www.vancouversun.com/entertainment/celebrity/scientologists+demand+network+pull+former/12433906/story.html

Leah Remini has reportedly demanded the Church of Scientology pay her
US$1.5 million after it lobbied a TV network to get her new show shut
down.

A lawyer acting for the Scientologists tried to get the show, which
threatens to reveal details about the church, pulled before it airs on
cable channel The Arts & Entertainment Network.

The former Kings of Queens star was blacklisted after walking away from
Scientology in 2013, criticizing officials' treatment of their
followers. Since then the 46-year-old has gone public with her disdain
for the religion and is to reveal details about the church and former
members of the religion in her series Scientology and the Aftermath,
which debuts on November 29, 2016.

Tags: 2013, A&E, ABC, Leah Remini, Scientology and the Aftermath, Tony
Ortega, Underground Bunker

That time when Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard didn't invent surfing in
California
November 25, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2016/11/25/that-time-when-founder-l-ron-hubbard-didnt-invent-surfing-in-california/

(L. Ron Hubbard, circa 1934)

On Saturday, Scientology leader David Miscavige blessed the newest
"Ideal Org" with another grand opening ceremony, this time in San
Diego, California. After the ceremony we heard from local journalist
Ken Stone, who told us he found it very odd that Scientology had held
an event with what they claimed was a crowd of 3,500, and had done so
without notifying the local press.

Ken decided to look into things a little further and managed to get an
interview with Scientology's public relations B-team, Erin and Nick
Banks. The result was a nice piece by Ken that included the usual
howlers from Erin about how the new org was a gleaming example of
Scientology expansion - even though it was really just a renovation of
the building they'd been in for years and years and didn't represent
any "expansion" at all. (And as for the size of the crowd, we've found
that if you divide by about seven, you get closer to actual truth,
which suggests that the event probably had closer to 800 people in
attendance, many of whom would have been bused down from Los Angeles.)

Tags: 1919, 1927, 1928, 1934, 1969, 1970, 1973, 1977, 1985, 1987, 2013, Bare-
Faced Messiah, California, Cardiff, China, Clearwater, Dan Sherman, David
Miscavige, Erin Banks, Europe, FBI, Florida, Guam, Guardian's Office, Hawaii,
Honolulu, Ideal Org, Jerry Levin, Karin Pouw, L. Ron Hubbard, Los Angeles,
Margaret Grubb, Margie Shepherd, Montana, New York, Nick Banks, Office of
Special Affairs, Operation Freakout, Paula Tyler, Paulette Cooper, Quicky,
Ron DeWolf, Russell Miller, San Diego, San Diego County, The Unbreakable Miss
Lovely, University of California, Washington

After a landmark court case, Scientology watchers should be celebrating, not
sniping
November 25, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2017/11/25/after-a-landmark-court-case-scientology-watchers-should-be-celebrating-not-sniping/

In all the recent sound and fury, little attention has been paid to
Pete Griffiths' landmark achievement against active Scientologists in
the Irish courts.

Back in the day, I was consulted in more than 150 legal actions and
often tried to bring the 1972 "unclean hands" Hubbard v. Vosper ruling
into those cases. I was never once successful, because whichever
division of Scientology was represented would distance itself from the
hundreds of organizations that are part of the corporate monolith.

But now, because of Pete's precedent, if any Scientologist or
Scientology organization wants to sue in Ireland, it will probably have
to show that it does so with "clean hands." Diligent research of policy
shows that, like Lady Macbeth, Scientology's hands are uncleanable: The
"scriptures" order unconscionable behavior at every turn. Hubbard's
Responsibilities of Leaders alone proves that point, but litigants
should dig out my General Report on Scientology, which was used
successfully in a number of cases, and lists the Scientology
publications that should be submitted in any court case.

Tags: 1950, 1972, 1983, 2013, 2015, A Piece of Blue Sky, Australia, Canada,
Chris Shelton, Clear, Daily Beast, Danny Masterson, David Miscavige,
Dianetics, England, Europe, Guinness, Ian Clarkson, Ireland, Jive Aces, John
Duignan, John McGhee, Jon Atack, LAPD, Leah Remini, Marlow Stern, Office of
Special Affairs, Open Minds Foundation, OT, Personality test, Pete Griffiths,
Report on Scientology, Scientology organization, Sea Org, Steven Hassan, The
Complex, Toronto, Tory Christman, TR-0, Vimeo, Xenu

Leah Remini Calls Bullsh*t on the LAPD and Danny Masterson
November 25, 2017, Marlow Stern, Daily Beast
https://www.thedailybeast.com/leah-remini-calls-bullshit-on-the-lapds-handling-of-danny-masterson

Bixler, 39, alleges that when she reported her rape to officials at the
Church of Scientology, which at the time counted her and Masterson as
members, she was "made to feel like I didn't matter," and was told that
she couldn't have been raped by a man she was in a relationship with.

"Danny Masterson is a celebrity. He flourishes and prospers in life.
You protect that and reward that," she claims a church ethics officer
told her, guiding her to silence.

But Bixler will remain silent no more. "I'm going to be an amazing
woman who will NOT shut my mouth when I find out my rapist raped
countless other women. I will not shut my mouth when Netflix tries to
make us feel like we don't matter. We DO matter. We ARE important. We
will see justice for what was done to us, and is continuing to be done
to us," she wrote.

Tags: 1995, 1996, 1997, 2000, 2001, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2013, 2015,
2016, A&E, Abuse, Academic, Andre Dawson, Armageddon, Arnold Schwarzenegger,
Ashton Kutcher, Assault, Beck Hansen, Brett Ratner, California, Cedric Bixler-
Zavala, Celebrity Centre, Chrissie Bixler, Chrissie Carnell, Church of
Spiritual Technology, Cory Palka, Danny Masterson, David Miscavige,
Disconnection, Donald Trump, Emmy Award, Ethics Officer, Freedom magazine,
Going Clear: Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, Gus
Villanueva, HBO, Hollywood, Hollywood Police Activities League, Int Base,
Jenni Weinman, John Travolta, Karin Pouw, Katie Holmes, Kevin Becker, Kevin
James, Kevin Spacey, King of Queens, Ku Klux Klan, Lake Arrowhead, LAPD,
Lawrence Wright, Leah Remini, Long Island, Los Angeles, Marty Singer,
Microsoft Theater, Mike Rinder, Mission, Nicole Kidman, OT, Penelope Cruz,
Police, Pulitzer Prize, Rape, Robbery, San Jacinto, Scientology and the
Aftermath, Sexual assault, Shelly Miscavige, Suppressive Person, Tampa Bay
Times, The Hole, Tom Cruise, Tony Ortega, Troublemaker: Surviving Hollywood
and Scientology, Twitter, Underground Bunker, Yashar Ali

Scientology and Help
November 25, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientology-and-help/

The best band of all time said it best: "Help! I need somebody. Help!
Not just anybody. Help! You know I need someone. Help!"

Friends, family and countrymen have all failed to help us at times
throughout our lives. Mom and Dad, brothers and sisters, ex-husbands
and ex-wives have all shirked their duties at to help. We've all
experienced times where we've asked for help, only to be rebuffed, told
to scram, told to we were losers and not worth the trouble. We've been
promised the moon, only to taste green cheese. We've been promised
fortunes, happiness, and immortality. And just as others have failed to
help us, we've failed to help them.

According to LRH, this button reaches a point where every attempt at
helping is seen as destructive. Real help isn't possible. Offers of
help are tricks to control people. Help equals betrayal.

Tags: Clear, Ethics, International Association of Scientologists, Jesus, L.
Ron Hubbard, OT, Scientology staff, Sec Check, Tax, Terra Cognita, Volunteer
Ministers

Critical Q&A #187 - Livestream
November 25, 2018, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
https://mncriticalthinking.com/2018/11/25/critical-qa-187-livestream/

This week, we did a live stream Critical Q&A episode, so the questions
are read out during the show. The video quality on this one is poor and
that was because of trouble with YouTube's live streaming function at
the time we were doing the episode.

Tags: Critic, Quicky, YouTube

Do You Swear to Tell the Truth, the Whole Truth and Nothing But the Truth?
November 25, 2018, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/do-you-swear-to-tell-the-truth-the-whole-truth-and-nothing-but-the-truth/

Scientology has a reputation of attacking anyone they perceive as a
threat. They bully. They coerce. They intimidate. Hire private
investigators. Apply pressure. And last but not least, they threaten
legal action via a cadre of soulless lawyers.

That said, when is the last time the church actually sued someone? And
won? Not this century, anyway.

Appearing in Court? Oh, No!

The problem for Scientology with regards to lawsuits is the potential
of having to appear in court and back up their miraculous claims. Which
is something L. Ron Hubbard could not do on his best days. Because as
everyone reading this blog knows, nobody has ever demonstrated going
full-exterior or made that damned ashtray rise off a chair without
using their hands.

Tags: A&E, Abortion, Ashtrays, Child abuse, Chris Shelton, Clear, David
Miscavige, Disconnection, European Union, Facebook, Google, Int Base, L. Ron
Hubbard, Lake Arrowhead, Leah Remini, Marcab Confederacy, Private
investigator, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Suppressive Person, Terra
Cognita, The Hole, Tony Ortega, Xenu, YouTube

Kirstie Alley calls on her fellow Scientologists to pounce on another disaster
November 25, 2018, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2018/11/25/kirstie-alley-calls-on-her-fellow-scientologists-to-pounce-on-another-disaster/

Rod Keller keeps his eye on Scientology front group operations, and he
landed a doozie this week...

There are two main fires in California, the Camp Fire that destroyed
most of the town of Paradise in Northern California and the Woolsey
Fire in the south that destroyed over 1,500 structures in Ventura and
Los Angeles before it was contained. As usual Scientology is offering
their services through the Volunteer Ministers and this week they tried
to boost their numbers with the power of celebrity.

Scientologist Kirstie Alley recorded a "call to action" to encourage
Scientologists to volunteer to help victims of the Camp Fire. It's
unusual in that she asks people to call either the VMs or the Salvation
Army. Scientology established itself in a Walmart parking lot tent city
and have been coordinating with the Salvation Army center at another
location in the city of Chico.

Tags: 1950, 2015, Amazon, Armageddon, Battlefield Scientology, California,
Catherine Bell, Celebrity, Chaplain, Charity, Chick Corea, Chico Mission,
David Miscavige, Fair Game, Freedom magazine, Guy Fieri, Ideal Org,
International Association of Scientologists, Jeff Pomerantz, Jeffrey
Augustine, Kareem Abouzeid, Kerri Kasem, Kirstie Alley, Lisa McPherson, Los
Angeles, Miss Lovely, Mission, Mission Holder, Nancy Cartwright, Paulette
Cooper, Quicky, Rod Keller, Salvation Army, Sears, Sunday Funnies, Tent, The
Unbreakable Miss Lovely, Touch Assist, Tree Nebeker, Veterans of Foreign
Wars, Volunteer Ministers

Valerie Haney's brother and sister-in-law
November 25, 2018, Freedom Media \u0026 Ethics, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VEXUTR1VKCY

Jeff Haney and his wife Nancy talk about Valerie and her involvement
with Leah Remini's Aftermath show.

Tags: Fair Game, Leah Remini, Quicky, Valerie Haney

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney spars with Opposition leader over firing of
election watchdog
November 25, 2019, Dean Bennett, Canadian Press, Globe and Mail
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/alberta/article-alberta-premier-jason-kenney-spars-with-opposition-leader-over-firing/

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney clashed with the Opposition NDP on his
first day back in the legislature since his government fired the
election commissioner who was investigating Kenney's United
Conservative Party.

"Our Constitution is founded on the rule of law, and (Kenney) is now
the absolute textbook case of what it looks like when you break the
rule of law," NDP Leader Rachel Notley said during question period
Monday.

Kenney was on a trade mission in Texas last week when his government
introduced, debated, and passed an omnibus bill that included the
firing of election commissioner Lorne Gibson.

Tags: 2017, Alberta, Canada, Canadian Press, DougWiki, Glen Resler, Jason
Kenney, Jason Nixon, Lorne Gibson, Nathan Cooper, New Democratic Party,
Rachel Notley, RCMP, Texas, United Conservative Party

Conservative campaign manager's contract expires as Scheer seeks to reboot
his team
November 25, 2019, Tonda MacCharles, Toronto Star
https://www.thestar.com/politics/federal/2019/11/25/conservative-campaign-managers-contract-expires-as-scheer-seeks-to-reboot-his-team.html

OTTAWA-The introspection tour continues for federal Conservative Leader
Andrew Scheer as he moves to reorganize his staff and correct course
for the next campaign - which could be for his own leadership.

In addition to letting go two of his top aides on the weekend, the
contract for Hamish Marshall, Conservative campaign manager for 2019,
has expired and there is no indication who will be in charge of the
next one.

Marshall told the Star Monday in an interview he was hired by the party
on a fixed end date contract to direct the 2019 campaign only.

Tags: 2001, Abortion, Alberta, Andrew Scheer, Bloc Qu?b?cois, Brock Harrison,
Conservative Party of Canada, DougWiki, Federal election, Hamish Marshall,
House of Commons, LGBTQ, Marc-Andr? Leclerc, Montreal, New Democratic Party,
One Persuades, Ottawa, Politics, Quebec, Sylvie Frechette, Toronto, Trois-
Rivi?res, United Conservative Party

Ford government to support motion calling on Legault to repeal Bill 21
November 25, 2019, Victoria Gibson, iPolitics
https://ipolitics.ca/2019/11/25/ford-government-to-support-motion-calling-on-legault-to-repeal-bill-21-source/

TORONTO - The Ford government will support an NDP motion today calling
on Quebec Premier Fran?ois Legault to immediately repeal Bill 21, and
promising to intervene in any Supreme Court challenge of the
controversial secularism bill, iPolitics has learned.

According to a government source, the PCs are "fully aware" of the
non-binding nature of the motion being put forward. In terms of the
segment pledging to intervene in any future Supreme Court challenge of
the secularism bill, the source told iPolitics that Attorney General
Doug Downey will review their options if that situation arises.

The motion is being introduced one week before an all-Premiers meeting
in Toronto, and just days before a sit-down meeting that has been
planned between Ford and Legault, which will take place towards the end
of this week in Quebec. Per the government source, Ford does not
currently plan to address Bill 21 at that meeting. Legault's camp
adopted a similar stance.

Tags: Amnesty International, Andrea Horwath, B'nai Brith Canada, Brampton,
Canada, Canadian Bar Association, Canadian Civil Liberties Association,
Charter of Rights and Freedoms, Doug Downey, DougWiki, Ford government,
Fran?ois Legault, Israel, Jewish, John Fraser, Justin Trudeau, Michael
Coteau, Mike Schreiner, Mississauga, National Council of Canadian Muslims,
Ontario, Ontario New Democratic Party, Ottawa, Paul Calandra, Peel Region,
Quebec, Queen's Park, Sikh, Toronto

Ford government's Student Choice Initiative quashed in Ontario court
November 25, 2019, Andy Takagi, The Varsity
https://thevarsity.ca/2019/11/24/ford-governments-student-choice-initiative-quashed-in-ontario-court/

On November 21, the Divisional Court of Ontario unanimously ruled in
favour of the Canadian Federation of Students?Ontario (CFS?O) and the
York Federation of Students (YFS) in a legal challenge that repealed
the provincial government's Student Choice Initiative (SCI).

The SCI - which took effect at the beginning of the 2019?2020 academic
year - was a controversial directive from the province's Ministry of
Colleges and Universities (MCU) that allowed postsecondary students to
opt out of certain incidental fees deemed "non-essential."

While student groups have been celebrating their victory over the Ford
government in court, the specifics of the SCI's demise remain in legal
ambiguity.

Tags: 2020, Anti-semitism, B'nai Brith Canada, Canada, Canadian Federation of
Students, Chris Glover, Doug Ford, DougWiki, Ford government, Israel, Jewish,
Legal, Merrilee Fullerton, Ontario, Ontario New Democratic Party, Ontario
Student Assistance Program, OSAP, Student Choice Initiative, University of
Toronto

Freeland in Western Canada to meet with Alberta premier, Edmonton mayor
November 25, 2019, CBC News
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/chrystia-freeland-kenney-iveson-alberta-1.5372138

Deputy Prime Minister Chrystia Freeland, the new minister of
intergovernmental affairs, will meet with Alberta Premier Jason Kenney
on Monday afternoon in Edmonton.

Freeland is scheduled to meet with Kenney at the Alberta legislature at
4 p.m. MT, followed by a meeting with Edmonton Mayor Don Iveson at city
hall, a release from the Prime Minister's Office said.

There are no details yet on what Kenney will discuss with Freeland.

Tags: Alberta, Calgary, Canada, Canada Pension Plan, Canadian Press, Chrystia
Freeland, Congress, DougWiki, Edmonton, Federal election, Jason Kenney,
Justin Trudeau, Ottawa, Quebec, Saskatchewan, Seamus O'Regan, Sonya Savage,
Toronto, Ukraine

Judge rules Jim Karygiannis can have seat back on Toronto city council
November 25, 2019, Jennifer Pagliaro, Toronto Star
https://www.thestar.com/news/city_hall/2019/11/25/judge-rules-jim-karygiannis-can-have-seat-back-on-toronto-city-council.html

In a decision released Monday afternoon, Justice William Chalmers ruled
that changes made to the Scarborough-Agincourt councillor's campaign
financial statements that caused him to be automatically ousted from
his council seat earlier this month had been made "inadvertently," as
Karygiannis's lawyer Sean Dewart had argued in court.

"I guess I'm going back to work," a very relieved-sounding Karygiannis
said after the Star informed him of the ruling. He said he had been
waiting for his lawyer to give him the news.

"I'm going to be happy to be back to serving my constituents."

Tags: 2018, Adam Chaleff, David Nickle, DougWiki, Jim Karygiannis, Municipal
Elections Act, Scarborough, Scarborough-Agincourt, Toronto

Kenney Is Getting Ripped Apart On Twitter For His "Classless" Sweater At The
Grey Cup
November 25, 2019, Britanny Burr, Narcity
https://www.narcity.com/news/ca/ab/calgary/jason-kenney-grey-cup-sweater-is-being-called-classless-on-twitter

The outpouring of negativity isn't only taking place online. In fact,
when the game's announcer told fans that Alberta premier was in
attendance and the camera showed the premier on the jumbotron, the
crowd erupted with boos.

In the wake of the UCP's budget cuts and separatist movements in
Alberta, Twitter users are deeming his sweater selection to be overly
political and "classless."

Not only did Kenney sport a shirt promoting oil and gas, but he also
wore a hat to match.

Tags: Alberta, Calgary, DougWiki, Hamilton, Jason Kenney, Politics, Twitter,
Winnipeg

Kenney spars with Notley over firing of Alberta election watchdog
November 25, 2019, Dean Bennett, Canadian Press, Global News
http://globalnews.ca/news/6215462/kenney-notley-election-commissioner-fired/

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney clashed with the Opposition NDP on his
first day back in the legislature since his government fired the
election commissioner who was investigating Kenney's United
Conservative Party.

"Our Constitution is founded on the rule of law, and [Kenney] is now
the absolute textbook case of what it looks like when you break the
rule of law," NDP Leader Rachel Notley said during question period
Monday.

Kenney was on a trade mission in Texas last week when his government
introduced, debated, and passed an omnibus bill that included the
firing of election commissioner Lorne Gibson.

Tags: 2017, Alberta, Canada, DougWiki, Glen Resler, Jason Kenney, Jason
Nixon, Lorne Gibson, Nathan Cooper, New Democratic Party, Rachel Notley,
RCMP, Texas, United Conservative Party

Leah Remini calls Beck's sudden Scientology defection a 'pussy move'
November 25, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/11/25/leah-remini-calls-becks-sudden-scientology-defection-a-pussy-move/

Musician Beck Hansen's fans were celebrating the news this weekend that
in an interview he gave to an Australian newspaper he said in no
uncertain terms, "I'm not a Scientologist."

But others were less congratulatory, pointing out that in the
interview, which took place in Los Angeles and was posted by the Sydney
Morning Herald on Friday, the Grammy Award-winning singer-songwriter
seemed to imply that he never was a Scientologist, and that it had been
a "misconception."

"He's acting like he was never a Scientologist, which is his way of not
publicly speaking out and therefore not getting labeled like us and
attacked like us," Leah Remini tells us. "Pussy move. You can quote me
on that."

Tags: 1959, 1970, 1985, 2004, 2006, 2008, 2013, 2014, 2016, A&E, Antonio
Ramirez Barron, Australia, Beck Hansen, Bibbe Hansen, Bradley University,
Brendan Tighe, Catholic, Celebrity Centre, Chick Corea, Child abuse, Clear,
Clearwater, David Campbell, David Miscavige, FBI, Flag Land Base, Florida,
Giovanni Ribisi, Grammy Award, Hollywood, Illinois, IRS, Italy, Jesus, Joe
Rogan, John Travolta, Katie Holmes, Ken Stone, King of Queens, Kristi
Wachter, L. Ron Hubbard, Leah Remini, Leo Hamel, Los Angeles, Marissa Ribisi,
Mike Rinder, Mission Earth, Music, Oregon, Pennsylvania, Police, Portland,
Private investigator, Republican, San Diego, San Diego County, Scientology
and the Aftermath, Susan Brill de Ramirez, Sydney Morning Herald, Tom Cruise,
WISE

Meeting with Kenney, visit to consulate as former president of Ukraine visits
Edmonton
November 25, 2019, Kim Trynacity, CBC News
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/petro-poroshenko-visit-to-edmonton-1.5372786

A former president of Ukraine came to Edmonton Monday, fulfilling a
long-standing invitation from the Ukrainian Canadian Congress to visit
the Ukrainian Consulate General office, which opened in 2018.

Petro Poroshenko was Ukraine's fifth president between 2014 and 2019.
While speaking with reporters at the Alberta legislature on Monday, he
said his main message is that unity for Ukraine is an international
issue.

"This is the global cause," Poroshenko said when asked about the
current political situation in Ukraine.

Tags: 2014, 2015, 2018, Alberta, Brexit, Chrystia Freeland, Congress, Donald
Trump, DougWiki, Edmonton, Genocide, Jason Kenney, Petro Poroshenko, Russia,
Ukraine, University of Alberta, Volodymyr Zelensky

Premier highlights religious freedom at revived provincial prayer breakfast -
November 25, 2019, Kyle Greenham, Grandin Media
https://grandinmedia.ca/premier-highlights-religious-freedom-at-revived-provincial-prayer-breakfast/

Alberta Premier Jason Kenney is reviving the tradition of a provincial
Christian prayer breakfast, calling it one sign of respect for
religious freedom in a diverse society.

"This prayer gathering today is not a threat to pluralism. It is
pluralism in action," Kenney told the nearly 700 legislature members,
pastors and other guests on Nov. 25 at the Edmonton Expo Centre.

"An authentic pluralism is one that truly respects the beliefs of our
fellow citizens, and recognizes that for millions of Albertans their
beliefs are informed and rooted in religious traditions," he said.

Tags: Abortion, Alberta, Baha'i, Buddhist, Calgary, Canada, Catholic,
Christian, Dan Williams, Edmonton, Innisfail, Jason Kenney, Jewish, Michaela
Glasgo, Muslim, New Democratic Party, Ontario Court of Appeal, Pam Davidson,
Quebec, Quicky, Sikh, United Conservative Party, University of Alberta

Public opposes Ontario government's changes to education, poll suggests
November 25, 2019, Colin D'Mello, CTV News
https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/public-opposes-ontario-government-s-changes-to-education-poll-suggests-1.4700992

QUEEN'S PARK -- Premier Doug Ford's government may lack public support
when it comes to wide-ranging changes to the education system,
according to a new poll which tracked voter sentiment on everything
from education spending to class sizes.

People from every part of the province told polling firm Nanos Research
that the provincial government should prioritise education spending
over tackling the deficit and a majority said they oppose increasing
class sizes as a money saving measure.

The poll was commissioned by the Ontario Public School Boards'
Association (OPSBA) which is currently in the middle of tense
bargaining with the province's public elementary and high school
teachers' unions, alongside the government.

Tags: Doug Ford, DougWiki, Education cuts, Ford government, Nanos Research,
Ontario

Scheer should resign and run again for Conservative leadership, says ex-
Harper aide
November 25, 2019, Peter Zimonjic, CBC News
https://www.cbc.ca/news/politics/teneycke-scheer-should-resign-1.5373094

Stephen Harper's former communications director said Monday that if
Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer wants to keep his job, he should step
down and run for the position again.

Kory Teneycke gave an interview to CBC News Network's Power & Politics
in the wake of Scheer's decision over the weekend to fire his chief of
staff Marc-Andr? Leclerc and communications director Brock Harrison.

"I think he should resign and run again for his job. If he's confident
that the party membership backs him, that's the way to test that,"
Teneycke told host Vassy Kapelos.

Tags: Abortion, Andrew Scheer, Brock Harrison, Conservative Party of Canada,
DougWiki, Kory Teneycke, Marc-Andr? Leclerc, Politics, Rachel Curran, Stephen
Harper

Social conservative groups call for Andrew Scheer to resign
November 25, 2019, Marieke Walsh, Globe and Mail
https://www.theglobeandmail.com/politics/article-social-conservative-groups-call-for-andrew-scheer-to-resign/

Some social conservative groups say Andrew Scheer can't stay on as
Conservative Party leader because he failed to defend their beliefs
during the federal election campaign and are rallying their members to
help ensure his ouster.

Mr. Scheer secured the leadership of the Conservative Party in part by
winning the late-ballot support of party members who had initially
supported more socially conservative candidates. Now, as he faces an
April leadership vote and mounting pressure from the progressive wing
of his party, it's unclear he will be able to again rely on support
from the right wing of the party's base.

"A lot of social conservatives have no interest whatsoever in backing
Andrew Scheer," ex-Conservative MP and defeated leadership candidate
Brad Trost told The Globe and Mail. "We feel we are being made the
whipping boy for his communications blunders."

Tags: Abortion, Alissa Golob, Andrew Scheer, Brad Trost, Campaign Life
Coalition, Canada Christian College, Canadian Press, Charles McVety,
Christian, Conservative Party of Canada, DougWiki, Federal election, Garnett
Genuis, Jeff Gunnarson, Ottawa, Parliament Hill

Trans Mountain Crown corporation monitoring pipeline opponents, documents show
November 25, 2019, Travis Lupick, Georgia Straight
https://www.straight.com/news/1329081/trans-mountain-crown-corporation-monitoring-pipeline-opponents-documents-show

The government of former Conservative prime minister Stephen Harper was
repeatedly criticized for stifling environmental science and demonizing
climate-change activists who opposed oil-pipeline construction.

Then Justin Trudeau and the Liberals took power in November 2015 and
one of the very first things they did was remove Harper-era
restrictions on government scientists that forbid researchers from
speaking publicly without Ottawa's approval.

Four years later, environmental activists who oppose an expansion of
one pipeline in particular-the Trans Mountain pipeline-remain "persons
of interest," a November 25 report by CBC News reveals.

Tags: 2014, 2015, 2018, Alberta, Canada, CBC News, CSIS, DougWiki, Edmonton,
Enbridge, Environmental, Harper government, Indigenous, Joe Killoran, Justin
Trudeau, Kamloops, Kinder Morgan, Northern Gateway pipeline, Ottawa, RCMP,
Stephen Harper, Trans Mountain pipeline, Trudeau government

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
November 25 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/11-25.html