Today in Scientology -- August 8th ************************************************

Scientology Today

Aug 9, 2019, 12:29:42 AM8/9/19
Today August 8th in Scientology history
=======================================

Businessman says he will purchase the Gray Moss Inn
August 8, 1987, Tony Doris, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/50092663.html?dids=50092663:50092663&FMT=FT

The Gray Moss Inn is across the street from the Fort Harrison Hotel,
the headquarters of the Church of Scientology.

Scientologists and senior citizens were among the residents evacuated
when city inspectors found 138 violations of building and fire codes at
the Gray Moss Inn in September 1985. Officials finally cleared the
building for occupancy last December after violations were corrected.

Seiflein said he is a Scientologist but is not buying the hotel for the
church. In fact, he was unsuccessful in trying to rent rooms to the
church, he said. "They said they only wanted a real nice place."

Scientology spokesman Richard Haworth also said the Scientologists have
no part in the purchase agreement.

Tags: 1985, Bob Snibbe, Clearwater, Fort Harrison, Gray Moss Inn, John Welch,
Phil Seiflein, Richard Haworth, Super Power

=======================================

Preserve Hubbard's writings
August 8, 1991, Richard Haworth, Letters, St. Petersburg Times
http://pqasb.pqarchiver.com/sptimes/access/50650302.html?FMT=FT&dids=50650302:50650302&FMTS=ABS:FT

It is important in studying any subject that we are not distracted by
the deliberately sensationalized accounts of "news." People who write
these "controversial" stories are afraid that others will read and
evaluate for themselves the actual material. For these people, nothing
would be worse than having increasing numbers of people, free of the
distraction of the noise and "controversy," evaluate openly and fairly.

Tags: Ben Kugler, Bent Corydon, Catholic, Chinese, Clearwater, Diane Steinle,
Drama, Mormon, Tampa, USA Today

=======================================

Scientology Opponents Seek Boycott of 'Mission Impossible'
August 8, 1996, Associated Press
http://www.apnewsarchive.com/1996/Scientology-Opponents-Seek-Boycott-of-Mission-Impossible-/id-661d758a37b1e0bd0d40789d52241ad8

FRANKFURT, GERMANY FRANKFURT, Germany (AP) _ A youth organization
appealed today for a boycott of Tom Cruise's movie "Mission
Impossible," because the American actor is a Scientologist.

The call came a day after a leading politician said German authorities
should put the Los Angeles-based Church of Scientology under
observation as an extremist group.

German Chancellor Helmut Kohl's government says the organization has
aims that threaten democracy and is not a church but a business
enterprise with some traits of organized crime.

Tags: Christian, Europe, Franz Riedl, Germany, Hamburg, Helmut Kohl, Johannes
Gerster, Los Angeles, Mission Impossible, Office for the Protection of the
Constitution, Quicky, Renate Rennebach, Scientology organization, Tom Cruise

=======================================

A dose of madness
August 8, 2002, Johan Jensen, Guardian
http://www.guardian.co.uk/education/2002/aug/08/research.highereducation

Mystified by the new wonder drug LSD, the psychiatrist Louis Jolyon
West and his colleague at the University of Oklahoma, Chester M Pierce,
were looking for a new way to investigate the drug in 1962. They came
up with an idea so outlandish it could only happen in the world of
experimental psychology.

Tags: 1962, Louis Jolyon West

=======================================

Giant Robot Imprisons Parked Cars
August 8, 2006, Quinn Norton, Wired
https://www.wired.com/2006/08/giant-robot-imprisons-parked-cars/

The Hoboken garage is one of a handful of fully automated parking
structures that make more efficient use of space by eliminating ramps
and driving lanes, lifting and sliding automobiles into slots and
shuffling them as needed. If the robot shuts down, there is no
practical way to manually remove parked vehicles.

In the days that followed, both sides dragged each other into court.
Robotic accused Hoboken of violating its copyright. "This case is about
them using software without a license," said Dennis Clarke, chief
operating officer of Robotic Parking, in a telephone interview last week.

At the same time, Hoboken accused Robotic of setting booby traps in the
code, causing the garage to malfunction. Then Robotic accused Hoboken
of endangering its business by allowing a competitor into the garage.

Tags: 2005, Dennis Clarke, Hoboken, New Jersey, Robotic Parking

=======================================

Controversial Cult: German Parties Reject Bid to Ban Scientology
August 8, 2007, Spiegel Online, Spiegel
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,498836,00.html

Senior politicians from Chancellor Angela Merkel's coalition have
rejected calls for a ban on the Scientology cult. A legal bid to outlaw
it would fail because authorities haven't had time to build a proper
case against the organization, they say.

Tags: Germany

=======================================

Councilman parties with H'Wood Scientology set
August 8, 2007, David Seifman, New York Post
http://www.nypost.com/seven/08082007/news/regionalnews/councilman_parties_with_hwood_scientology_set_regionalnews_david_seifman___hall_bureau_chief.htm

City Councilman Hiram Monserrate said he paid his own way Saturday to
the glitzy Hollywood event celebrating the 38th anniversary of the
Church of Scientology Celebrity Center.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Detox, Hiram Monserrate, New York City, New York
Rescue Workers Detoxification Project, Peter Vallone

=======================================

Germany: Scientology a security threat?
August 8, 2007, UPI
https://www.upi.com/Germany-Scientology-a-security-threat/61941186582359/

HAMBURG, Germany, Aug. 8 (UPI) -- The interior minister of Hamburg,
Germany, sees Scientology as a threat to his state's security.

Scientology is not a religious community but an "extremist grouping"
that needs to be banned, said Udo Nagel, the interior minister of the
northern German state of Hamburg. According to Nagel, Germany's
Interior Ministry in Berlin is currently probing whether a ban of
Scientology would hold up in court.

Observers and virtually all political parties in Germany see
Scientology as a cult; the country's Office for the Protection of the
Constitution, a domestic intelligence service, is monitoring the church
in Germany, where it has an estimated 6,000 followers.

Tags: Berlin, Germany, Hamburg, Office for the Protection of the
Constitution, Quicky, Udo Nagel

=======================================

Anonymous 08-08-08
August 8, 2008, Church0fScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZFwxq2rmE08

EXPAND: download press release PDF:

http://img1.anonbw.com/press/888.pdf

digg it here:

Tags: Advanced Org, Anonymous, Australia, Bob Bledsoe, Colin Davie,
Commodore's Messenger Organization, Continental Liaison Office, Dublin,
Europe, France, Ireland, Janet Laveau, London, Office of Special Affairs,
Quicky, Saint Hill, Scientology staff, UK

=======================================

15 The Apostate, Gonnet I
August 8, 2009, Jonny Jacobsen, Infinite Complacency
http://infinitecomplacency.blogspot.com/2009/08/15-roger-gonnet-apostate-i.html

Day six, June 8: Scientology's personality test is fixed to exaggerate
people's weaknesses and Scientologists themselves are trained to lie to
the court, former member Roger Gonnet told the Paris trial.

Politician Jean-Pierre Brard's testimony against Scientology, however
damning, had been that of an outsider. Roger Gonnet, the next witness
for the plaintiffs, spoke as a former insider.

Gonnet became an active member of Scientology in 1975, setting up the
Lyon branch of Scientology's operations and running it until he was
declared a Suppressive Person, an enemy of the movement, in 1983. Since
then he has been one its leading critics, writing a book about his
experiences and setting up a network of websites on the subject. 1

Tags: 1965, 1970, 1975, 1980, 1983, 1989, 2002, 2008, Alain Rosenberg,
Apostate, Australia, Ballo, Celebrity Centre, Didier Michaux, Dissemination,
East Grinstead, E-meter, England, Eric Roux, Ethics, France, Hubbard
Communications Office, Jean-Fran?ois Valli, Jean-Pierre Brard, Lyon, Norway,
Olav Gunnar Ballo, Paris, Personality test, Politician, Quicky, Religious
worker, Roger Gonnet, Scientology practice, Scientology staff, Suppressive
Person

=======================================

A Scientologist's Open Letter to the Village Voice and its Readers
August 8, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/a_scientologist.php

Last week, after we revealed the beginning of our "Top 25 People
Crippling Scientology" countdown, we received an e-mail from Mark
Miglio, who for weeks has been providing some of the best
pro-Scientology material in our comments section.

Mark has good-naturedly sparred with the many critics of the church who
read and respond to our articles. But now he was reaching out to me
directly with a lengthy appeal.

I responded by asking him to give me permission to publish his
manifesto. Better to have it reach as many people as possible, I
figured. He added to it and agreed to have me post it here.

Tags: 1989, Anonymous, Clear, Clearing Course, Facebook, Mark Miglio, Marty
Rathbun, Mike Rinder, New York, OT, Purification, Rehabilitation Project
Force, Scientology staff, Sea Org, Suppressive Person

=======================================

Ain't no party like a Scientology party: Juliette Lewis and John Travolta
invite cameras into Church event for a rare glimpse
August 8, 2011, Daily Mail
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-2023695/Juliette-Lewis-John-Travolta-invite-cameras-Church-Scientology-event-rare-glimpse.html

They're notorious for shrouding their religion in secrecy.

But members from the Church of Scientology invited the cameras behind
the scenes for a rare glimpse into their lives on Saturday.

A-list stars Juliette Lewis and John Travolta attended the Hollywood
party, happily posing for photographs as if it was an ordinary red
carpet event.

Tags: 2009, Bahamas, BBC, Celebrity Centre, Erika Christensen, Florida,
Hollywood, Jason Lee, Jenna Elfman, John Travolta, Juliette Lewis, Kelly
Preston, Kirstie Alley, L. Ron Hubbard, Mission, Paul Haggis, Peaches Geldof,
Priscilla Presley, Quicky, Tom Cruise

=======================================

Scientology Espionage Exposed - Meet Bert Leahy
August 8, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/08/scientology-espionage-exposed-meet-bert-leahy/

Background reference: https://markrathbun.wordpress.
com/2011/08/07/our-goal-is-to-martys-life-a-living-hell/

Tags: Bert Leahy, Quicky

=======================================

The Waterkamps Declare Independence
August 8, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/08/07/the-waterkamps-declare-independence/

Gerhard Waterkamp and his family are living testament to the power of
the Code of Honor. They stood up to the German government and now they
are standing up to its latest alter ego - corporate Scientology.

The Waterkamps

I was born and raised in Germany in a roman catholic family. At age 14
I cognited that the Roman Catholic church was in the majority not a
spiritual organization concerned with the advancement of the spiritual
aspects of humanity, but an organization with the purpose of
controlling populations. There were a lot of good Christian people in
the church and I loved some of the monks in the Dominican order I where
I served as an Altar boy and ran youth groups for the church. But
really, the church was just there as a control operation. So I
forfeited my life in heaven and exchanged it for an eternity in hell -
at least that is what my priest told me when I told him I was quitting
his operation. I hurt my mother as she was a strong believer in
catholic doctrines and I am sorry for that. But it was more important
to me to act on my principles and convictions than to take heed of
other's feelings, not to mention threats of eternal fire and other
scary stuff. As a young kid in postwar Germany you were still very
directly confronted with the horrors of war and the holocaust. And
there was one question on my mind: How in the world could good and
decent people stand by when their jewish neighbors were put on a
transport and killed? The answer eluded me for more than 40 years.

Tags: 1963, 1979, 1980, 1988, 1993, 1995, 1996, AOLA, Catholic, Chairman of
the Board, Chick Corea, Christian, Clear, Code of Honor, Congress, David
Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Delphi, Delphi Academy, Dianetics, Disconnection,
Erich Fromm, Ethics, Facebook, Flag Land Base, Florida, Germany, Google,
Green card, Hamburg, Heber Jentzsch, Holocaust, International Association of
Scientologists, Isaac Hayes, John Travolta, Knowledge Report, L. Ron Hubbard,
Leisa Goodman, Los Angeles, Maria Robb, Master at Arms, Mike Rinder, Mission,
Muslim, Office of Special Affairs, Oregon, OT, OT V, Portland, Potential
Trouble Source, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Scientology
organization, Sea Org, Sec Check, Sleep deprivation, Super Power, Suppressive
Person, Tommy Davis, Truth Rundown, Ursula Caberta, Verfassungsschutz, Wiebke
Hansen

=======================================

Dave Soroka Is Not In Doubt
August 8, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/dave-soroka-is-not-in-doubt/

To answer a question that many had - who is that unidentified man in
this photo with Nora?

Doubt: The Church of Scientology vs the Independents

This isn't my entire Doubt write-up. This is just my announcement to
both sides, having done the other steps and arrived at a decision.

Tags: Independent, Quicky

=======================================

KIDNAPPED! How Don Jason ESCAPED from the "Church" of Scientology
August 8, 2013, SurvivingScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR-SikcjiY0&list=PL97bG9F7T-UcbIont808sKIv75RutRvff

Don was a senior Executive of the Church of Scientology at the Flag
Land Base.

This is a Tampa Bay Times video of his breathtaking escape. A repeating
story in the "Church" is that people held against will FLEE. In their
arrogance the "Church" believes they have the power of Federal
Marshalls to pursue you like prey and take you into custody. There is a
paranoia that you will reveal their dirty little secrets to the outside
world.

Other fleeing staff have had to call Riverside Sheriffs or Los Angeles
Police Department to get help in escaping. Exited staff have Years of
nightmares in their sleep of pursuit by the posses the "church" sends
out.

Tags: Don Jason, Flag Land Base, Los Angeles, Police, Quicky, Riverside,
Tampa Bay Times

=======================================

[...]

L.A. police close inquiry into Scientology leader's wife
August 8, 2013, Eric Kelsey, Reuters, Toronto Sun
http://www.torontosun.com/2013/08/08/leah-remini-files-missing-persons-report-for-church-leaders-wife

"The investigation has been closed and we consider the report to be
unfounded," Los Angeles Police Detective Gus Villanueva said. He
declined to elaborate on the details in the report and why it was closed.

Shelly Miscavige's whereabouts have been a focus of church critics, who
claim she has not appeared in public in six years.

Tags: David Miscavige, Fringe of the Internet, Gus Villanueva, LAPD, Leah
Remini, Shelly Miscavige

=======================================

LEAH REMINI FILES MISSING-PERSON REPORT ON SCIENTOLOGY LEADER'S WIFE
August 8, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2013/08/08/leah-remini-files-missing-person-report-on-scientology-leaders-wife/

(Shelly Miscavige at the Hollywood Celebrity Centre gala, circa 2005)

UPDATE: LAPD CLOSES CASE WITHOUT BRIEFING LEAH REMINI ON HER
MISSING-PERSON REPORT (See update below)

Leah Remini has taken a surprising new step, the Underground Bunker has
learned.

Tags: 2004, 2005, 2006, 2011, 2012, Angry Gay Pope, Author Services Inc,
Barbara Ruiz, California, Celebrity Centre, Church of Spiritual Technology,
David Miscavige, Detox, Disconnection, Facebook, Gary Smith, Gregory Baek,
Hemet, Hollywood, Int Base, J. Swift, Javier Ruiz, Jeanne LeFlore, Jefferson
Hawkins, Karen de la Carriere, Katie Holmes, Lake Arrowhead, LAPD, Leah
Remini, Lee Baca, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Sheriff, Lucas Catton,
McAlester, McAlester News-Capital, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, New York
Daily News, Oklahoma, Police, PZ Myers, Quicky, Riverside County, Scientology
executive, Scott Campbell, Sea Org, Shelly Miscavige, Stacy Murphy,
Suppressive Person, The Hole, Tom Cruise, Tommy Davis, Writers of the Future

=======================================

Medical detox center loses certification
August 8, 2013, News OK
https://newsok.com/medical-detox-center-loses-certification/article/3870193

Narconon Arrowhead's medical detox facility in McAlester is no longer
state certified.

The McAlester News-Capital reports that the temporary certification
issued to the site for medical detox has expired.

Meanwhile, the main non-medical drug rehab center in Canadian remains
open.

Tags: 1930, 1986, 2011, McAlester, McAlester News-Capital, Narconon, Narconon
Arrowhead, Oklahoma, Oklahoma Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse
Services

=======================================

Narconon Arrowhead loses state certification
August 8, 2013, Jeanne LeFlore, McAlester News-Capital
https://www.mcalesternews.com/news/local_news/narconon-arrowhead-loses-state-certification/article_9606dab2-8350-5752-a6b2-dfbfea6f1b42.html

Narconon Arrowhead's medical detox facility in McAlester has lost its
state certification, officials say.

"Their temporary permit has expired and Arrowhead Medical Detox is not
certified for medical detox," said Jeff Dismukes of the Oklahoma
Department of Mental Health Substance Abuse Services.

The permit expired after Narconon Arrowhead failed to correct
deficiencies found by the state during earlier inspections, according
to Desmukes.

Tags: Arrowhead Medical Detox, Certified Chemical Dependency Counselor,
Farley Ward, Gabriel Graves, Gary Richardson, Gary Smith, Hillary Holten,
Jason Murphey, Jeffrey Dismukes, Kaysie Werninck, Narconon, Narconon
Arrowhead, National Association of Forensic Counselors, Oklahoma, Oklahoma
Department of Mental Health and Substance Abuse Services, Oklahoma State
Bureau of Investigation, Stacy Murphy, Stacy's Law, Tom Ivester

=======================================

Scientology Inc Nightmare in New Mexico, Kidnap, held against will, beatings
August 8, 2013, SurvivingScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ziqtr1mbRbw

There was a sound snafu and we could not handle it. We have left the
video here because of the valuable input in the comments, however, a
version with sound can be found here: http://youtu.be/zSi0zmiP8Cc

Scott Campbell Finale. He lived to tell. Scott was an engineer on the
Prison Ship "the Freewinds". A ship chose to be the head office and
corporation address of "International Association of Scientologists" as
a tax haven. The Freewinds is not beholden to any government and on the
high seas is away from the prying eyes of the FBI. Unspeakable
punishments are carried out here. Senior Executives (my ex-husband
Heber Jentzsch included) have to clean the BILGES 12 to 14 hours a day.
Scott endured sleep deprivation for months before he had a mental
breakdown. The 4 earlier videos in these stories tell you more of his
story. This is the finale and happy ending.

Radio Podcasts

Tags: FBI, Freewinds, Heber Jentzsch, International Association of
Scientologists, Mental breakdown, New Mexico, Quicky, Scott Campbell, Sleep
deprivation

=======================================

Back To The Middle
August 8, 2014, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/08/08/back-to-the-middle/

I take to heart the comments to my last post accusing me of casting too
wide a net on the issue of whether one should trust a person wearing
the scientology banner. To the extent I offended some folks, I
apologize. So as to avoid such offense in the future I also provide
here fair warning. If the last post offended you, the next several
probably will too. If you want positive reinforcement for your faith,
you will not find it here; but for possibly in the comments section
where scientologists are free to provide their views with everyone else.
There is an evolution afoot that perhaps ought be shared with readers
here.

Of late I have been asked by a number of journalists, documentarians
and religious experts to explain any legitimate aspects of scientology.
Since the church responded to the revelations of the Truth Rundown
series ? and its progeny ? by bunkering down and going incommunicado
with such folks, I have sort of inherited some of their public affairs
function by default. In the course of that odd twist of fate one
repeated question became increasingly difficult for me to answer:
whether I recommend scientology to the public at large.

My answer has evolved with my own experience and thoughts. Ultimately,
my answer is that I would not recommend to anyone that they get
involved in scientology. That is because having thoroughly
deconstructed the subject I came to realize that its control and
exploitation elements are so thoroughly embedded within the teachings
of Hubbard as to make the journey more likely to be on-the-whole
negative than positive.

Tags: David Miscavige, Quicky, Religious Technology Center, Truth Rundown

=======================================

DOX: Here's Monique Rathbun's response to Scientology's appeal of its anti-
SLAPP defeat
August 8, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/08/08/dox-heres-monique-rathbuns-response-to-scientologys-appeal-of-its-anti-slapp-defeat/

This time, she's opposing Scientology's appeal of Comal County Judge
Dib Waldrip's denial of the church's "anti-SLAPP" motion. And if the
appeals court sides against Monique this time, the lawsuit is over.

So there's a lot on the line, and Monique's attorney Leslie Hyman rises
to the challenge. We've been telling you that it's really amazing to
see Scientology try to use a law - the anti-SLAPP statute - which was
intended to help protect the free speech rights of resource-poor
individuals from being overwhelmed by the deep pockets of a litigious
foe. In fact, Scientology's long history of litigious bullying and
scorched-earth tactics was one of the inspirations for anti-SLAPP
legislation in its early history.

Tags: 2011, Church of Scientology International, Comal County, David
Miscavige, Fair Game, First Amendment, Judge Dib Waldrip, Leslie Hyman, Marty
Rathbun, Monique Rathbun, Rathbun v. Scientology, SLAPP, Squirrel Busters,
Texas, Texas Citizens Participation Act, Texas Third Court of Appeals

=======================================

Lessons Of History: Jonestown
August 8, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/lessons-of-history-jonestown/

Two Special Correspondents separately sent me information about the
Jonestown tragedy in the last few days. And looking over what they
sent, it seems there is a point to be made.

First, I have long felt that there is no mass suicide in the future of
scientology and I haven't changed that view.

But I believe there are other fates that are the scientology equivalent
of suicide (bankruptcy, destroyed families, despair at ever 'getting up
the Bridge') and that the end story of scientology will be when
everyone has been reduced to one or all of those states.

Tags: 1971, 1977, 1978, California, CIA, Conditions, Int Base, IRS, Jesus
Christ, Jim Jones, Jonestown, OT, Quicky, Reverend, San Diego, San Francisco,
Suicide

=======================================

Objectives End Phenomena: Give More Money
August 8, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/objectives-end-phenomena-give-more-money/

A quick posting before a more important one this afternoon.

A couple of comments about this particular piece:

1. It is a further indicator of the increasingly prevalent pattern
noticeable in the "successes" that are published by the church where
they expound the "party line". "Acceptable" success stories include
statements that are known to be what the church wants. Either parroting
the promo for the service ("I have a clear mind now" after the Purif or
"my OT perceptions are amazing now I can sense the salinity of my
blood" after Super Power) or it's something like this "I went 'to hell
with it' and just did my Patron/Humanitarian/Champion etc etc."

Tags: End Phenomena, Humanitarian, International Association of
Scientologists, OT, Purification Rundown, Quicky, Super Power

=======================================

The axiomatic L. Ron Hubbard, and legal counterclaims from Scientology in
Oklahoma!
August 8, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2014/08/08/the-axiomatic-l-ron-hubbard-and-legal-counterclaims-in-oklahoma/

Things heating up again in Oklahoma

Scientology's various entities are firing back now at the National
Assocation of Forensic Counselors (NAFC), which filed a lawsuit against
82 defendants it claimed were misusing its logos and trademarks in
order to make Scientology's drug rehab network, Narconon, appear more
legitimate than it really is. We'll let our legal types pore over these
documents and let us know what they think about Scientology's salvos?

Tags: 1954, 2000, 2005, Amends, Andy Lenarcic, Axioms, Bridge Publications,
Bridge to Total Freedom, Charles Johnson, Church of Scientology
International, Commodore's Messenger Organization, David Miscavige, Fransisco
Sener, Freewinds, Heather Lenarcic, Hollywood, Hollywood Guaranty Building,
Int Base, Jeff Porter, Jenny Butler, Judy Paransky, Kent McGregor, Kevin
McEnery, Lane Porter, Los Angeles, Marc Headley, Martin Habschied, Master at
Arms, Matt Butler, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon Eastern US,
Narconon Georgia, Narconon International, Narconon South Texas, National
Association of Forensic Counselors, Office of Special Affairs, Oklahoma, Paul
Sarkany, Phoenix Lectures, Pinucio Tisi, Premazon, Raphael Zingel,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Religious Technology Center, Ryan Fear, Sea
Org, Spring Hill, Suncoast Rehabilitation Center, The Creation of Human
Ability, Tom Cruise, Tony DeCrescenzo, Winston Mellor

=======================================

It's ALL About The Money
August 8, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/its-all-about-the-money-2/

Normally I would have simply included a couple of these in the Thursday
Funnies and been done with it.

But this week it hit saturation level and I felt it deserves a single
post that gathers together a sample of one week of pitches from the
most OT org on earth. The top of the bridge. It doesn't get any better
than this, what every scientologist is striving for.

The Moneywinds no longer seems to operate on any pretense about
"delivering service" - they are ONLY about helping people make money so
they might extract it from them. What is that saying about money being
the lowest motivating drive there is?

Tags: Aruba, Cura?ao, Freewinds, OT, OT VIII, Quicky, San Jose, Tamas Kasza,
Thursday Funnies

=======================================

Participants at Conservative events must agree to gag order
August 8, 2015, Elizabeth Thompson, iPolitics
https://ipolitics.ca/2015/08/08/participants-at-conservative-events-must-agree-to-gag-order/

EDITOR'S NOTE: The policies discussed in this article have since been
withdrawn by the Conservative Fund of Canada. (see update)

Members of the public who attend Prime Minister Stephen Harper's
campaign events are being required to agree to a gag order before they
can walk through the door, iPolitics has learned.

While attendance is by invitation only, and attendees are vetted by the
Conservative Party before receiving a ticket, those who want to attend
a campaign event in person are also being asked to agree to a number of
conditions including not to transmit any description of the event or
any images from it.

Tags: 2009, Brampton, Canada, Conservative Fund of Canada, Conservative Party
of Canada, DougWiki, Intelligencer, Justin Trudeau, Montreal, Ontario,
Ontario New Democratic Party, Queens Park, RCMP, Rideau Hall, Sault Ste.
Marie, Stephen Harper, Tom Mulcair, YouTube

=======================================

Why is the press so timid about outing Scientology's many front groups?
August 8, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2015/08/08/why-is-the-press-so-timid-about-outing-scientologys-many-front-groups/

We're very happy to see a small publication like the Santa Clarita
Express in Southern California expose a Scientology front group for
what it is. Reporter Melissa Lampert revealed in her Thursday story
that the local branch of the Los Angeles Sheriff's Office will be
offering a class put on by the Foundation for a Drug-Free World for
teens in September. We hope that kind of pressure makes the Sheriff's
Office think about whether it really wants to get into bed with
Scientology.

But we felt for Lampert as we saw her strain to make the case that
there is some kind of connection between Foundation for a Drug-Free
World and Scientology...

Called the Foundation for a Drug-Free World, the organization has
repeatedly been linked with the drug rehabilitation center Narconon
International, which was created based on the beliefs of the Church of
Scientology's founder, L. Ron Hubbard.

Tags: Alex Chudnovsky, California, Center for Inquiry, Claire Headley,
Clearwater, Combatting Cult Mind Control, David Miscavige, Dissemination,
Foundation for a Drug-Free World, Hollywood Boulevard, Ideal Org,
International Association of Scientologists, Jaffa, Japan, Jaquie Salmon, Jim
Underdown, Los Angeles, Los Angeles County Sheriff, Marc Headley, Meghan
Fialkoff, Melbourne, Melissa Lampert, Mike Rinder, Narconon, Narconon
International, New York, Paulette Cooper, Quicky, Santa Clarita, Scientology
executive, Sefi Fischer, Steve Allen Theater, Steven Hassan, Tokyo, Tom
Cruise, Truth About Drugs

=======================================

The Almighty Stat
August 8, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-almighty-stat/

Another in the ever-growing series of essays by Terra Cognita. See
earlier posts here: The Reg, The Horrors of Wordclearing, Why
Scientologists Don't FSM, Respect, The Survival Rundown - The Latest
Scam, Communication in Scientology... Or Not, Am I Still A Thetan?, To
Be Or Not To Be, An Evaluation of Scientology, Fear: That Which Drives
Scientology and Justification and Rationalization.

The Almighty Stat

To a Scientologist, nothing is more important than statistics-or
"stats" for short. LRH was all about measuring production, and all
production can be measured with one stat or another. Having his stats
up or down for the week, determines whether a staff member gets a pass
or finds himself in deep shit.

Tags: Clear, David Miscavige, Field Staff Member, International Association
of Scientologists, L. Ron Hubbard, Master at Arms, OT, Quicky, Scam, Survival
Rundown, Terra Cognita

=======================================

Whale watching update: Your 2016 mid-year guide to who's propping up
Scientology
August 8, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2016/08/08/whale-watching-update-your-2016-mid-year-guide-to-whos-propping-up-scientology/

Our thanks to Artoo45, who procured the newest Impact magazine and let
us know what was in it. We love Impact, the official publication of the
International Association of Scientologists, because it reveals who has
been lavished with praise for increasing their donations and propping
up Scientology in its latter days.

Now, normally we're most interested in the issue of Impact that comes
out early in the year, because it shows us who was celebrated at the
IAS Patrons Ball held in October, usually at Saint Hill Manor in East
Grinstead, England. This is the year's really big party for
Scientology's whales (our word for the biggest donors) and even Tom
Cruise is known to show up wearing his Freedom Medal of Valor as a
special prize for the wealthy folks who turn over truly prodigious sums.

But there's also an IAS Patron's Ball held in honor of Maiden Voyage,
the set of summer events that commemorate the 1988 launching of
Scientology's private cruise ship, the Freewinds. So this most recent
issue of Impact shows us the richies who made the scene on the
Freewinds somewhere in the Caribbean.

Tags: 1980, 1988, ANZO, Austin, Australia, Bavaria, Beatrice Guignard,
Benjamin Carlson, Bryan Seymour, CCHR, CNN, Connie Saunders, David Miscavige,
Dennis Romeiser, Diamond Meritorious, East Grinstead, Elizabeth Doria,
Elizabeth Gonzalez, England, Eric Berg, Facebook, Frank Suarez, Freedom Medal
of Valor, Freewinds, Gerhard Lidl, Germany, Ghledis Carli, Gold Meritorious,
Hamburg, Ideal Org, International Association of Scientologists, Karen Berg,
Leslie Brock, London, Los Angeles, Louis Theroux, Louisa Chaubert, LRH Hall,
Lucia Kuo, Maiden Voyage, Margaret Mercado, Marlies Thuermer, Marty Rathbun,
Maurizio Polverini, Mission, Monika Lidl, Munich, My Scientology Movie, New
Civilization Builder, OT Committee, Patron with Honors, Patrons Ball, Paul
Seymour, Purple Heart, Quicky, Rome, Saint Hill Manor, Salila Travers,
Scientology award, Scientology Media Productions, Sheridan Cyrus, Shun Min
Wang, Silver Meritorious, Simone Hafenmayer, Simone Lorenzen, Steve Wu,
Stuart Guy, Taipei, Taiwan, Texas, The Way to Happiness, Tom Cruise, UK,
Vietnam, Vincenzo Aloe, Volunteer Ministers, Wendy Patten, Whale, WISE, Yu
Mei Lu

=======================================

Church of Scientology's Original Hubbard Messenger Janis Grady -- Part 3 of
3
August 8, 2017, SurvivingScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s1CW6bTHTWw

Janis Grady was born into the Church of Scientology. She joined the Sea
Org at age 11 and was one of the first four original messengers in L.
Ron Hubbard's Commodore's Messenger's Organization (CMO). Janis' mother
was Yvonne Gillham Jentzsch who founded the Scientology Celebrity Centre.

Tags: Celebrity Centre, Commodore's Messenger Organization, Janis Gillham,
Quicky, Sea Org, Yvonne Jentzsch

=======================================

Leah Remini Argues That Scientology Isn't A Religion
August 8, 2017, The Late Show with Stephen Colbert, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkwwU14W3ug

'Leah Remini: Scientology And The Aftermath' creator Leah Remini
describes what differentiates Scientology from religions.

Subscribe To "The Late Show" Channel HERE: http://bit.ly/ColbertYouTube

For more content from "The Late Show with Stephen Colbert", click HERE:
http://bit.ly/1AKISnR

Tags: Facebook, Google, Hollywood, Leah Remini, Quicky, Stephen Colbert,
Twitter

=======================================

Scientologist on Twitter Admits Scientology's Purpose to Annihilate Psychiatry
August 8, 2017, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2017/08/08/scientologist-on-twitter-admits-scientologys-purpose-to-annihilate-psychiatry/

While Scientology's phony STAND group screams about discrimination,
Scientologist and OSA operative John Alex Wood skipped the religion
angle and went straight for the jugular on Twitter when he candidly and
publicly admitted the true purpose of Scientology's Citizens Commission
on Human Rights (CCHR):

This tweet is important to expose as it shows Scientology's naked
fascist aggression and actual intent to destroy psychiatry on a global
basis.

There are law enforcement agencies that distribute literature from
Scientology's front group Foundation for a Drug Free World. These
agencies need to be informed that whenever they distribute this
literature they are, unwittingly, aiding and abetting Scientology's
goal to annihilate to psychiatry on a global basis.

Tags: CCHR, Foundation for a Drug-Free World, John Wood, Narconon, Office of
Special Affairs, Police, Quicky, STAND, Twitter

=======================================

Stephen Colbert: Do you believe Scientology is a religion at all? Leah
Remini: No
August 8, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2017/08/08/stephen-colbert-do-you-believe-scientology-is-a-religion-at-all-leah-remini-no/

Oh my, what an appearance Leah Remini made last night on The Late Show
with Stephen Colbert to promote next week's premiere of A&E's
'Scientology and the Aftermath' season two.

We thought you'd want to go through it with a fine-tooth comb, so we've
put together a transcript for you to comment on today. If you remember
the character Colbert played on his Comedy Central show, he had a great
ability to pretend that he had a particular point of view in order to
make a larger point. Keep that in mind as you watch this interview. If
you know Colbert's history with Scientology, you know that he's doing
his best to pretend that he has to have Leah convince him that
Scientology is not just like other "religions." She does a pretty good
job handling it, particularly when she compares Scientology to George
Orwell's "1984."

Colbert: My next guest starred for nine years on 'King of Queens,'
she's now created a documentary series covering her fallout with the
Church of Scientology. Please welcome Leah Remini.

Tags: 1984, A&E, Catholic, Celebrity Centre, Comedy Central, Dianetics,
George Orwell, Guardian's Office, Hollywood, Janis Gillham, Jeffrey
Augustine, Keep Scientology Working, Kevin James, King of Queens, L. Ron
Hubbard, Leah Remini, OT, Quicky, Rehabilitation Project Force, Scientology
and the Aftermath, Sec Check, Stephen Colbert, Yvonne Jentzsch

=======================================

The Missing Executives of Scientology
August 8, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/the-missing-executives-of-scientology/

Guillaume Lesevre - scientology's vanished "Executive Director
International"

A lot of scientologists remember Guillaume Lesevre, though the COB has
done his best to ensure he is forgotten.

Guillaume is the "Executive Director International" or ED Int. This is
the position L. Ron Hubbard specifically created to "wear my hat"
running scientology. In fact, Hubbard did an analysis of his inability
to "turn over his hat" and wrote a policy about it which created this
position.

Tags: Chairman of the Board, Church of Spiritual Technology, CMO Int, David
Miscavige, Europe, Guillaume Lesevre, Heber Jentzsch, International
Association of Scientologists, Italy, Janet Light, L. Ron Hubbard, Marc
Yager, Mark Ingber, Mission, Norman Starkey, Quicky, Ray Mithoff, Russ
Bellin, Sea Org, Sec Check, Suppressive Person, The Hole, Watchdog Committee

=======================================

CSN Desperate for Content
August 8, 2018, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/csn-desperate-for-content/

Apparently the CSN is short of content to put on the air. If you have
ever tried to watch it, you will know this is true. They have about 24
hours of total programming that they repeat over and over. It's almost
entirely the same stuff on today as was airing the day it launched.

I know many cable stations repeat some programming, usually their
hit/important shows. Not everything they broadcast. CSN should have a
tag line - "Groundhog Day brought to life."

So, they are asking people to send them free stuff they can air. Sort
of like a "Writers of the Future" for film and documentary makers who
don't mind being associated with scientology (either that, or their
work will be unattributed...) That narrows the field to scientologists
only. There are few of those, and mostly they already work for Gold or
SuMP. So good luck with this.

Tags: Quicky, Scientology Media Productions, Scientology Network, Writers of
the Future

=======================================

Fake medals and kiddie diddlers: Scientology's cruise ship scandal gets even
worse
August 8, 2018, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2018/08/08/fake-medals-and-kiddie-diddlers-scientologys-cruise-ship-scandal-gets-even-worse/

Our thanks to the tipster who sent us pages from the newest copy of
Impact magazine, the publication of the International Association of
Scientologists.

There are a few things of note in this issue, but one that really
jumped out at us was a report from this year's Maiden Voyage
celebration aboard the cruise ship Freewinds that took place in the
Caribbean.

A bit of controversy was kicked up about that celebration recently when
it turned out that Scientology leader David Miscavige accepted a medal
from a retired Colombian police general who wasn't authorized to give
it to him. But something else pretty distasteful took place during the
celebration. Here, take a look...

Tags: 1952, 2001, 2008, African-American, California, Caribbean, CCHR,
Christopher King, Colombia, David Miscavige, Facebook, Fake, Fred Shaw,
Freewinds, International Association of Scientologists, James Barbour, Los
Angeles, Maiden Voyage, Mike Rinder, NAACP, New York Times, Quicky, Sunny
Pereira, United for Human Rights

=======================================

Scientology, David Miscavige and Tom Cruise ft Marc Headley
August 8, 2018, Chris Shelton, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TO43lnDh5eI

Tags: David Miscavige, Marc Headley, Quicky, Tom Cruise

=======================================

'Aftermath' puts Scientology on notice in its own 'spiritual mecca'
August 8, 2019, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
https://tonyortega.org/2019/08/08/aftermath-puts-scientology-on-notice-in-its-own-spiritual-mecca/

Now that's what we call getting up in C.O.B.'s grill.

Clearwater residents have noticed the new billboard there challenging
Scientology to take part in Leah Remini's A&E series, Scientology and
the Aftermath. We've noted that challenge in the past, but this seems
particularly in-your-face, and it also brings up an obvious question...

..is this actually promotion for upcoming Aftermath activity?

Tags: A&E, Andy Staples, Ashtrays, Brendon Barrow, Christian, Clearwater,
Clearwater Academy, David Miscavige, Feshbach, Fort Harrison, Habakkuk
Baldonado, Italy, Jesse Chinchar, Kannon Feshbach, Kurt Feshbach, Leah
Remini, Ludovick Choquette, Ontario, Quebec, Quicky, Scientology and the
Aftermath, Super Power

=======================================

Coalition launches 'Vote Science' election campaign
August 8, 2019, Alastair Sharp, National Observer
https://www.nationalobserver.com/2019/08/08/news/coalition-launches-vote-science-election-campaign

A coalition of science groups is pushing for candidates in the upcoming
federal election to back evidence-informed policy, more transparent
communication of that decision-making and more funding for scientific
research.

The "Vote Science" campaign, which launched Thursday, includes a
toolkit to help Canadians engage with candidates directly, and
questionnaires will be sent to political parties to identify their
positions on the importance of science.

Supporters can also sign on to voice their support for science and make
use of social media engagement tools. Also included are support for
writing op-eds and forms for tracking interactions with candidates and
identifying champions for science.

Tags: 2018, Climate change, DougWiki, Evidence for Democracy, Federal
election, Montreal, Stephen Harper, Toronto, Toronto Science Policy Network,
University of Toronto, Vote Science

=======================================

Fallout from dual probes into 2017 UCP leadership campaign still drifting down
August 8, 2019, David Climenhaga, rabble.ca
http://www.rabble.ca/blogs/bloggers/alberta-diary/2019/08/fallout-dual-probes-2017-ucp-leadership-campaign-still-drifting

Why do you think political operatives love to leak a scandal just
before there's an election, when there's not enough time to set the
story straight, if straight it can be set?

So the fact the dual investigations into allegations of vote fraud in
the 2017 United Conservative Party leadership race won by Jason Kenney,
one by the Royal Canadian Mounted Police and the other by the Office of
the Election Commissioner, continue to turn over new rocks, must be
troubling indeed to the Alberta premier's strategic brain trust.

In a way, it's even worse for them that it's happening at the start of
the UCP's mandate, when no sneaky political opponent with some fake
news up his sleeve would go to the trouble of spreading a false story.
Why bother? There's far too much time for the victim of the tale to
prove his innocence.

Tags: 2017, Alberta, Amarjeet Sohi, Andrew Scheer, Brian Jean, Calgary,
Calgary Herald, CBC, Conservative Party of Canada, DougWiki, Edmonton,
Federal election, Globe and Mail, Jason Kenney, Jeff Callaway, Justin
Trudeau, Lorne Gibson, Ontario, Ontario New Democratic Party, Peter Singh,
Politics, RCMP, Royal Canadian Mounted Police, Stephen Harper, Tim Uppal,
Twitter, United Conservative Party, Universal Declaration of Human Rights,
Wildrose

=======================================

Federal Leaders Pushed To Attend Foreign Policy Debate During Election
August 8, 2019, Canadian Press, Huffington Post
https://www.huffingtonpost.ca/entry/munk-debates-foreign-policy-canada-election-2019_ca_5d4c5c5be4b09e72974326b1?ncid=other_topnaventr_coabgdcpxri&utm_campaign=topnav

OTTAWA - A charitable organization that held a federal election debate
on foreign policy four years ago is launching a campaign to pressure
party leaders to attend a proposed event during this fall's campaign.

The Munk Debates launched a website today inviting Canadians to write
to the Liberals, Conservatives, NDP and Greens to urge their leaders to
participate in a debate in Toronto on Oct. 1.

The organization held a foreign policy debate during the 2015 campaign
when controversy over traditional network-organized debates meant
English-language events were limited to smaller settings.

Tags: 2015, Andrew Scheer, Aurea Foundation, Canada, DougWiki, Federal
election, Justin Trudeau, Montreal, Munk Debates, New Democratic Party,
Rudyard Griffiths, Stephen Harper, Tom Mulcair, Toronto

=======================================

Munk Debates calls on federal leaders to sign up for foreign policy debate
August 8, 2019, Canadian Press, Squamish Chief
https://www.squamishchief.com/munk-debates-calls-on-federal-leaders-to-sign-up-for-foreign-policy-debate-1.23909549

OTTAWA - A proposed leaders' debate on foreign policy already has one
confirmed participant, with Conservative Leader Andrew Scheer quickly
accepting an invitation to participate in the Munk Debates event
scheduled for Oct. 1.

The Munk Debates, which organizes several events on different issues
each year, announced Thursday its plans for a federal election debate
involving the leaders of the Liberals, the Conservatives, the NDP and
the Green Party.

On its website, the group says the event will go ahead once all four
party leaders confirm their attendance, with a Sept. 24 deadline for
replies. The website includes a petition aimed at pressuring the four
to take part in the foreign policy-focused debate.

Tags: 2006, 2008, 2015, Andrew Scheer, Aurea Foundation, Canada, David
Johnston, DougWiki, Elizabeth May, Federal election, Green Party, Jagmeet
Singh, Justin Trudeau, Maxime Bernier, Munk Debates, Ontario New Democratic
Party, Ottawa, People's Party of Canada, Rudyard Griffiths, Toronto, United
Nations

=======================================

Scientology Crime Watch: Russia
August 8, 2019, Jeffrey Augustine, Scientology Money Project
https://scientologymoneyproject.com/2019/08/08/scientology-crime-watch-russia-2/

Crime Russia reported today that Scientologist Anton Yeglin has been
arrested in a bribery scheme in violation of Part 4 of Article 291.1 of
the Criminal Code of the Russian Federation. The article states that
authorities suspect Yeglin may be moving money outside of Russia:

The Russian FSB has conducted several raids on Scientology's business
centers in Moscow and St. Petersburg. In March 2019, Radio Free Europe
reported on an FSB raid of Scientology's Moscow center:

The Federal Security Service (FSB) has raided several buildings in
Russia belonging to the Church of Scientology in connection with a
fraud investigation that authorities say involves the embezzlement of
more than 800 million rubles ($12 million) by people affiliated with
the U.S.-based religious group.

Tags: Anton Yeglin, Criminal, Federal Security Service, Moscow, Quicky, Radio
Free Europe, Russia, St. Petersburg (Russia)

=======================================

The pro-choice movement will defeat any threats to abortion rights
August 8, 2019, Joyce Arthur, rabble.ca
http://rabble.ca/columnists/2019/08/pro-choice-movement-will-defeat-any-threats-abortion-rights

Canada's pro-choice movement is in good fighting form, and stronger
than ever. That's the undeniable conclusion after living through the
roller-coaster ride of anti-choice activity over the last three months.

First, we saw the annual March for Life on Ottawa's Parliament Hill on
May 9, as well as anti-choice rallies in cities across Canada including
Toronto for the first time. Many anti-choice Parliamentarians attended
these events and some spoke out, including Ontario MPP Sam Oosterhoff,
with his infamous comment, "We pledge to make abortion unthinkable in
our lifetime."

Only five days later came the shocking news that Alabama had passed a
near-total ban on abortion. But it wasn't just Alabama -- at least nine
U.S. states have recently passed laws that prohibit abortion after six
or eight weeks of pregnancy.

Tags: 1973, 1982, 1988, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2017, Abby Johnson, Alabama,
Alberta, Andrew Scheer, Anti-abortion, Canada, Canada Health Act, Cineplex,
Doug Ford, DougWiki, Health Canada, Jason Kenney, Justin Trudeau, Labrador,
LGBTQ, Manitoba, March for Life, New Brunswick, Newfoundland, Ontario,
Ontario MPP, Ottawa, Parliament Hill, Planned Parenthood, Quebec, RightNow,
Sam Oosterhoff, Saskatchewan, Scott Moe, Toronto

=======================================

Thursday Funnies
August 8, 2019, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
https://www.mikerindersblog.org/thursday-funnies-225/

Don't worry, you will...

Many times

Seriously?

Tags: CCHR, Clear, Columbus, Danny Masterson, David Miscavige, Facebook,
Field Staff Member, Freewinds, Grand Jury, Grant Cardone, Hawaii, Ideal Org,
IRS, Kathy Feshbach, Keep Scientology Working, L. Ron Hubbard, Mary Sue
Hubbard, Michael Pe?a, Mission, OT, Phoenix, Phyll Stevens, Quicky,
Scientology Media Productions, Super Power, Sydney, The State, Thursday
Funnies, Tone 40, Twitter, Xenu, Yvonne Jentzsch

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
August 8 in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/days/08-08.html