Today in Scientology -- August 17th ***************************************

Scientology Today

Aug 17, 2017, 11:42:58 PM8/17/17
Today August 17th in Scientology history

Deprogrammers Plead Not Guilty To Holding A Bellevue Teenager 5 Days, Against
His Will
August 17, 1993, AP, Seattle Times
http://archives.seattletimes.nwsource.com/cgi-bin/texis.cgi/web/vortex/display?slug=1716415&date=19930817&query=Scientology

Three Arizona men have pleaded not guilty to charges of unlawful
imprisonment filed in a 1991 attempt to "deprogram" a teenager whose
mother was concerned about his affiliation with a Bellevue church.

Tags: Charles Simpson, Harold Kern, Jason Scott, Judge Gordon Godfrey,
Katherine Tonkin, Life Tabernacle, Marcello DiMauro, Mark Workman, Rick Ross

Group threatens legal battle against Battlefield Earth
August 17, 2000, KOAT Albuquerque
http://www.koat.com/entertainment/140741/detail.html

In a statement, FactNet charged that Scientology "has placed subliminal
messages in the BattleField Earth film master to surreptitiously
recruit new members from the movie audience," that it secretly financed
the film, that it will use the film to recruit new members and that it
has otherwise been involved in the development, production and
promotion of the film.

Tags: Battlefield Earth, FACTNet

Drug rehab center by Lake Eufaula to open
August 17, 2001, Tulsa World
http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/cherokee-tribe-reinstates-its-own-pay-raise/article_734bd510-42e7-5ea5-adeb-54203f6ae707.html

A drug rehabilitation center known worldwide for its successes will
celebrate its grand opening on the banks of Lake Eufaula.

State Sen. Gene Stipe, D-McAlester, will cut the ribbon for the
Narconon Arrowhead Drug Rehabilitation & International Training Center
at a ceremony at 7 p.m. Saturday, said spokeswoman Sally Falcow.

The gala will represent a changing of venue for Narconon, which had
operated since 1990 from the Chilocco New Life Center in Newkirk.

Tags: Gene Stipe, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon Chilocco, Sally
Falcow

Drug rehab center opens Saturday at Arrowhead
August 17, 2001, Rhett Morgan, Tulsa World
http://www.tulsaworld.com/archives/drug-rehab-center-opens-saturday-at-arrowhead/article_b6e6d7e7-eaf7-563b-8f7c-1f2435e7ee28.html

The gala will represent a changing of venue for Narconon, which had
operated since 1990 from the Chilocco New Life Center in Newkirk.

Located on the former Arrowhead Resort, Narconon Arrowhead will have a
staff of 110 and an annual payroll of more than $3.1 million, Falcow
said. It will house 230 beds, an increase from the 105 at Chilocco, she
said.

Tags: Arrowhead Estates, Gene Stipe, Jerry Regier, Maxine Nightingale,
Michael Anzalone, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Narconon Chilocco

A bridge too far
August 17, 2007, Aviva Lori, Haaretz
http://www.haaretz.com/hasen/pages/ShArt.jhtml?itemNo=894338&contrassID=2&subContrassID=14

S. belonged to the Church of Scientology for about six years. "I did a
course on how to get people to become Scientologists, how to sell
people what they need, at their most vulnerable point. There are
special techniques for learning where a person feels that something is
screwing him in life, and then you tell him that there is a chance that
Scientology can help. But soon the person forgets why he got into it in
the first place, such as to be calmer with himself, to make more money,
to achieve cosmic identification - all those goals are cast out and the
person understands that it's a lot more important to help Scientology
develop and to clean the planet."

Tags: Alhambra Theater, Amir Levi, Detox, Dorit Gabay, Ethics Officer, Gaby
Sade, Gur Finkelstein, Hanan Soglowek, Israel, Jaffa, Michal Rovner, Miriam
Soglowek, Moshe Warshavsky, Org chart, Project Celebrity, Tel Aviv, The Way
to Happiness, Yael Lotan

Cruisin' Harlem
August 17, 2007, Kaili McDonnough, New York Post
http://nypost.com/2007/08/17/cruisin-harlem/

The Church of Scientology, known for its celebrity devotees, is making
a big push to expand its empire along 125th Street, purchasing three
properties there last week, and planning a major recruitment drive in
the neighborhood.

The Rev. John Carmichael, president of the church in New York, declined
to give details about the purchase, but reports put the total sales
price at $10.2 million.

Tags: Harlem, John Carmichael, New York City, Real estate

Phoenix home of Scientology founder now a museum
August 17, 2007, Associated Press, Tucson Citizen
http://tucsoncitizen.com/morgue/2007/08/17/60360-phoenix-home-of-scientology-founder-now-a-museum/

Memorabilia, including a cross, is displayed in a bedroom in the former
Phoenix home of Church of Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard Wednesday,
July 25, 2007. Recently restored to how it looked in 1952, the home is
regarded as a religious historic site, the birthplace of Scientology.

L. Ron Hubbard had a restlessness that led to a lifetime of traversing
the globe. So it was scarcely three years that the eclectic writer and
adventurer lived at his "House on Camelback."

That modest home in Phoenix, recently restored to how it looked in
1952, is regarded as a religious historic site ? the birthplace of
Scientology.

Tags: 1947, 1950, 1952, 1954, 2005, Arizona, Camelback, Dianetics, E-meter,
Hubbard Association of Scientologists International, L. Ron Hubbard, Marlyse
Brock, Phoenix, San Luis Obispo

Scientology-Linked Group Infiltrates Israeli Summer Camps
August 17, 2007, Ryan Jones, CNSNews.com
https://web.archive.org/web/20080424075725/http://www.cnsnews.com/ViewForeignBureaus.asp?Page=/ForeignBureaus/archive/200708/INT20070817d.html

A group teaching the core moral values as outlined by Church of
Scientology founder L. Ron Hubbard has been conducting workshops at
Israeli summer camps this month without the knowledge of the children's
parents.

During the month of August, most Israeli children attend summer camps,
as both parents typically work.

News First Class, an online Israeli news agency, learned that at many
of those camps, the children are getting morning lectures by volunteers
from the Association for Prosperity and Security in the Middle East
(APSME), a group that promotes Hubbard's teachings.

Tags: APSME, Front group, Israel, The Way to Happiness

Hubbard Xenu
August 17, 2008, Anonakitty, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6a50R7r0soM

This is L Ron Hubbard talking. What can you say now Scientology.

Tags: Clearing Course, DC8, L. Ron Hubbard, OT, Suppressive Person,
Teegeeack, Xenu

Isaac Hayes...The US mega star with Ghanaian royal blood
August 17, 2008, Modern Ghana
http://www.modernghana.com/music/7828/3/isaac-hayes8230the-us-mega-star-with-ghanaian-roya.html

In 1993, Isaac became the International Spokesman for the World
Literacy Crusade. Together with Applied Scholastics, ABLE and the
Celebrity Center of the Church of Scientology, the World Literacy
Crusade, led by Rev. Alfreddie Johnson, Isaac and Princess Ocansey,
brought the gift of literacy to the rural villages of Ada and to other
parts of Ghana.

Tags: Alfreddie Johnson, Applied Scholastics, Celebrity Centre, Ghana, Isaac
Hayes, Nekotech, World Literacy Crusade

Scientology Escapee Tells Skeptics' Group How It's Done
August 17, 2009, Candice M. Giove, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://www.villagevoice.com/news/scientology-escapee-tells-skeptics-group-how-its-done-6711742

Bright? Of course. Curious about the world around me? Sure. Idealistic?
Sometimes. Like being the recipient of a compliment? Who doesn't? Take
risks? From time to time.

So when Paul Grosswald, a former
Scientologist-turned-anti-cult-lecturer, instructed those who checked
off at least three of the nine general statements on a handout to raise
their hands, everyone's digits reached towards the ceiling.

"You are exactly the type of people that cult recruiters are looking
for," he said -- which, of course, elicited a peal of laughter since
New York City Skeptics, a group of local critical thinkers, was hosting
the event last Saturday.

Tags: 1975, 1976, 1983, 1989, 2003, 2005, 2006, 2007, 2008, 9/11, ABC News,
ACLU, Al Jazeera, Albany, Amsterdam, Anonymous, Associated Press, Auditing,
Brainwashing, Brooklyn, CBS News, Celebrity, Celebrity Centre, China,
Christian, Chuck Beatty, CNN, Critic, Cult, David Miscavige, DC8, Dianetics,
Earthlink, Elizabeth, Escape, Ethics, FDNY, First Amendment, Fox News,
France, Freedom of Information Act, Freezone, Gawker, Guardian's Office,
Guns, Harlem, Hollywood, Hubbard Dianetics Foundation, Huffington Post, Human
Rights Watch, Hypnosis, Iraq, James Randi, Japan, John Carmichael, John
Coale, Jonestown, Keep Scientology Working, L. Ron Hubbard, Legal, LGBT, Lisa
McPherson, Long Island, Madrid, Marriage, Michael Jackson, Michael Musto,
Moonies, Movie, MSNBC, Murder, Music, Narconon, New Orleans, New Republic,
New York, New York City, New York Daily News, New York Observer, New York
Post, New York Press, New York Review of Books, New York Sun, New York Times,
New Yorker, Newsweek, NYPD, Office of Special Affairs, Operation Freakout,
OT, OT III, OT VII, OT VIII, Paul Grosswald, Paulette Cooper, Philadelphia
Inquirer, Photoshop, Pittsburgh, Politico, Politics, Ponzi scheme, Potential
Trouble Source, Radio Free Europe, Review, Robert Lifton, Russia, Sarah
Palin, Scam, Sea Org, Shooting, Skeptics, Slate, Spectator, St. Petersburg
Times, Study Tech, Study Technology, Suppressive Person, Tom Cruise, Tommy
Davis, Tony Ortega, Twitter, UFO, USA, Vanity Fair, Wall Street Journal,
Washington, Washington Post, Xenu, YouTube

The Landmark Forum: 42 Hours, $500, 65 Breakdowns
August 17, 2009, Laura McClure, Mother Jones
http://www.motherjones.com/media/2009/07/landmark-42-hours-500-65-breakdowns

Landmark's corporate clients bring not just respectability but more
warm bodies bearing checks. (Landmark relies entirely on word-of-mouth
advertising.) The yoga apparel chain Lululemon pays for its employees
to enroll in Landmark. Other firms have been sued by employees claiming
they were pressured to attend the Forum: In 2007, a Virginia man
accused his former employer of firing him for his "refusal to embrace
Landmark religious beliefs." Not that Landmark itself condones such arm
twisting. At the start of my session, we were asked to affirm that we
were attending of our own free will. A couple of people who confessed
otherwise were asked to leave. Still, I talked with several who'd been
sent by their employers.

Tags: 1985, 1991, 2007, 2008, Academic, Apple, California, Curriculum for
Living, David Cunningham, Deborah Beroset, EST, Florida, Hare Krishna, Harry
Rosenberg, Jack Rosenberg, Landmark, Landmark Education, Landmark Forum,
Lululemon, San Francisco, Tent, The Forum, Virginia, Werner Erhard

A Victim of Savings Measures: Hamburg to Close Down Scientology Task Force
August 17, 2010, Spiegel
http://www.spiegel.de/international/germany/0,1518,712323,00.html

The city of Hamburg said this week it would suspend the work of its
17-year-old Scientology task force, one of the most vociferous critics
of the secretive organization. Leader Ursula Caberta has successfully
defended herself in numerous cases brought by Scientologists. However,
the city says it will continue to monitor the group.

Tags: Andreas Dressel, Frank Busch, Germany, Hamburg, Thomas Gandow, Ursula
Caberta

Scientology DC Sylvia Stanard Lying Old School
August 17, 2010, herosharris, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CEjySfjQWZs

Sylvia Stanard (with Sue Taylor by her side) have been lying to
everyone who will listen since (at least) 1997 when this small press
conference was filmed. Constant lies, constantly trying to change the
subject, constantly trying to deflect the crimes and the sheer
stupidity of the CULT of Scientology away from the XENU Story and Fair
Game policy. She is one of the biggest pieces of shit EVER....next to
Kendrick Moxon of course. Let's not forget the newest piece of shit...
Kim Belotte. Kim is happily and blindly following in the "lying piece
of shit" footsteps of Of Sylvia and Moxon....for a CULT. A money
grubbing CULT.

Tags: 1997, DC, Fair Game, Kendrick Moxon, Quicky, Sylvia Stanard

The Legacy of the Tech
August 17, 2010, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/the-legacy-of-the-tech/

For the past several days I've been sharing some thoughts. To some it
evidently sounded like reactive venting. In fact, for the past two
weeks, and throughout this thought-sharing period, I have been auditing
others and solo auditing daily and I believe I have been expressing
emotion appropriate to the circumstances I face. While I meant
everything I wrote, I was also conducting a differentiation drill and a
roll call or sorts. The former is important from time to time in order
to pursue the larger goal successfully. A number of OSA Intelligence
Black Ops lines were revealed and rendered ineffective in the process.
Further, one learns in Scientology training and practice that the
biggest lie in this universe is that we are all one ? all the same ?
a=a=a. People who day in and day out promote the idea that we are all
the same, we are all headed in the same direction, and thus every
misdirected entheta attempt to cave people in is A-Ok, are on a more
subtle level accomplishing the same goal as Miscavige's.

The latter (roll call) came to me from an LRH Guardian's Office Order,
later converted to an OSA NW Order, in which he told of the Swedes'
success in World War Two to illustrate and convey the datum: small
groups, well organized, and with a higher purpose can defeat the
largest and best armed armies. You don't survive a billion dollar war
machine directed at your head by holding hands and singing Kumbaya.

I extend a heartfelt thanks to those who answered the call on back
channels as well as here.

Tags: David Miscavige, DC, Guardian's Office, Joe Howard, L. Ron Hubbard,
Office of Special Affairs, OSA Int, Quicky

Car Wash
August 17, 2011, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2011/08/17/car-wash/

Tags: Quicky

Kelly Preston: Scientology Got Me Through My Son's Death
August 17, 2011, Stephen M. Silverman, People
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20520702,00.html

While her husband, accomplished pilot John Travolta, may fly through
the air with the greatest of ease, Kelly Preston apparently has found a
formula for staying grounded.

Asked how she coped with the death of 16-year-old son Jett from a fatal
seizure in 2009, Preston, 48, tells Health magazine for its September
issue: "To be honest, (it was) the Scientology Center. I don't know if
I would have made it through without it."

She adds about life's lessons she's learned, "Don't sweat the small
things. Love your kids like it could be the last moment."

Tags: 2009, Florida, Hawaii, John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Movie

The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology, No. 20: Trey Parker and Matt Stone
August 17, 2011, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2011/08/trey_parker_matt_stone_top_25_crippling_scientology.php

And as you can see from that screenshot, the title that Parker and
Stone put up throughout the Xenu segment -- "THIS IS WHAT
SCIENTOLOGISTS ACTUALLY BELIEVE" -- really shifts this episode from
farce to political satire. This IS what high-level Scientologists are
asked to accept, after several years of membership and several hundred
thousand dollars in fees: that disembodied, indoctrinated alien souls
are attached to us after they were brought here 75 million years ago by
a galactic overlord named Xenu, and only Hubbard's techniques of
"auditing" can remove them from you so that your superhuman potential
can be unleashed.

There's something about putting the OT III story in a cartoon that
makes it even more stark-raving mad than simple words can convey.

Tags: 1980, 2000, 2005, 2009, Battlefield Earth, Bill Maher, Blown for Good,
Conan O'Brien, David Miscavige, E-meter, Gladiator, Howard Stern, Int Base,
John Travolta, Marc Headley, Matt Stone, Movie, OT III, OT IX, Personality
test, Russell Crowe, South Park, Stephen Colbert, Tom Cruise, Trapped in the
Closet, Trey Parker, Xenu

Jason Beghe's Letter to Scientology Attorneys: Yes, I'll Settle Your $1
Million Lawsuit for $19K
August 17, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_jason_beghe_settlement.php

Beghe, in Californication Breaking news that will be of interest to
Scientology watchers: just this afternoon, Jason Beghe's lawyer
notified church attorneys Gary Soter and Kendrick Moxon in a letter
that the actor is accepting their offer to settle a lawsuit for $19,000.

After the jump, we have that letter for you.

I talked to Beghe today, and he explained his thinking about the
settlement. The lawsuit had originated when a process server came to
his Malibu house in 2009 to notify him that he would be deposed in the
lawsuit brought by Marc and Claire Headley against the Church of
Scientology.

Tags: 1968, 2008, 2009, BBC, Celebrity Centre, Claire Headley, David
Miscavige, Gary Soter, Hollywood, Int Base, Jason Beghe, Javier Hernandez,
Kendrick Moxon, Lawsuit, Los Angeles, Marc Headley, Tampa Bay Times, The
Truth Rundown, Tom Cruise, YouTube

Lawmaker: Legislation will address rehab deaths
August 17, 2012, Associated Press, McAlester News-Capital
http://mcalesternews.com/statenews/x257409520/Lawmaker-Legislation-will-address-rehab-deaths

Democratic state Sen. Tom Ivester said Friday that he believes the
state should enact strict regulations on the type of treatments offered
by Narconon Arrowhead.

Three patients of the center have died since October - the most recent
in July. Pittsburg County Sheriff Joel Kerns has said his office is
investigating the deaths.

Tags: Gary Smith, Joel Kerns, Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, Oklahoma, Tom
Ivester

Narconon - Scientology Inc Cover Up
August 17, 2012, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2012/08/16/narconon-scientology-inc-cover-up/

Those who know Narconon president Gary Smith and have worked in or with
his Narconon flagship facility might have a similar response to
tonight's NBC Rock Center episode on Narconon to mine. That is, what
insane orders has David Miscavige's Scientology Inc issued that
resulted in such a meltdown? Four people dying at Narconon? One person
is too many. And even that would have been inconceivable ten years ago.
And Narconon and Gary Smith showing the same type of disdain for human
life that one has come to expect from David Miscavige? What has become
of Narconon?

I predict that David Miscavige's scorched earth policies will result in
the most fatal blow to the Narconon program. Those policies were
evident in Narconon's responses to the program: no cooperation, lie and
attack the attacker.

Those policies are also evident in a fresh piece of evidence that I
have included below.

Tags: Abuse, Anna Schecter, David Miscavige, Gary Smith, Los Angeles,
Narconon, Narconon Arrowhead, NBC, Quicky, Robert Hernandez, Rock Center,
Sigal Adini

Scientology detox programmes: expensive and unproven
August 17, 2012, Edzard Ernst, The Guardian
http://www.theguardian.com/science/blog/2012/aug/17/scientology-detox-programmes-expensive-unproven-dangerous

After years of clever promotion, the CoS detox programmes are now
becoming popular in many countries, including the UK. They bring in
good money. In 2009, the CoS was reported to charge $5,200 (?3,300) for
the Purif programme and the price for the Narconon programme is
reportedly even higher.

A typical course of treatment lasts several weeks and consists of many
hours of exercise and sauna every day. This regimen is supplemented
with megadoses of vitamins and minerals, which can cause problems.
Niacin, one vitamin that is given in high doses as part of the regimen,
can be particularly dangerous. The US National Institutes of Health
warns that at high doses it can cause "liver problems, gout, ulcers of
the digestive tract, loss of vision, high blood sugar, irregular
heartbeat, and other serious problems." It should not be taken by
people who already have liver damage.

Seven fatalities of people undergoing the Narconon programme are
currently being investigated in Oklahoma, although the CoS says these
deaths are not connected with the treatment regimen itself.

Tags: 2008, 2009, Detox, Narconon, Niacin, Norway, Oklahoma, Purification
Rundown, UK

The Top 25 People Crippling Scientology -- 2012 Edition!
August 17, 2012, Tony Ortega, Runnin' Scared, Village Voice
http://blogs.villagevoice.com/runninscared/2012/08/scientology_top_25_lisa_marie_presley_xenu.php?page=all

Last year's winner, L. Ron Hubbard: will he repeat? In the doldrums of
August last year, we put together a little list that took on a life of
its own.

We counted down the 25 people and groups who had been doing the most to
get word out to the wider world about the Church of Scientology's many
alleged abuses, and who have contributed to its steep recent decline.
Our list included current and former church members, academics,
attorneys, activists, and a couple of dead people.

This year, summer has not been languid and lazy. In the wake of the
TomKat divorce, media interest in Scientology has never been greater
and we've never been busier. But with August half over, we thought it
was time to update our list from last year. This time, we've put a
premium on what's happened in the last twelve months, so you might see
some of your old favorites drop off the roster. But never fear -- you
can always revisit our choices from last year, or the choices of our
readers.

Tags: 1965, 1968, 1969, 1970, 1971, 1977, 2005, A Queer and Pleasant Danger,
Advance!, Anna Schecter, Apollo, BBC, Committee of Evidence, David Miscavige,
Disconnection, Facebook, Flag Service Organization, Florida, Georgia, Kate
Bornstein, L. Ron Hubbard, Lisa Marie Presley, Marty Rathbun, Mediterranean,
Michigan, Narconon, NBC, Neil Gaiman, New York City, Oklahoma, Orders of the
Day, OT 7, OT III, OT Phenomena, OT VII, Paul Thomas Anderson, Quebec,
Quicky, Rock Center, Saint Hill Special Briefing Course, Scientology
executive, Sec Check, South Park, Suppressive Person, The Master, Tom Cruise,
Trapped in the Closet, UK, Xenu

Where's Tommy Davis?
August 17, 2012, Noah Lottick, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=67Jx9KG0VeU

*** UPDATE: Tommy Davis began working for Australian billionaire James
Packer in Feb 2016. His role is nebulous and he may have been charged
with getting the billionaire back into Scientology***

Australian tv show "A Current Affair" asks "where's Tommy Davis" who
appears to be MIA and whose absence was particularly noted during the
TomKat separation. Includes interview with Tony Ortega of the Village
Voice who mentions recent Scientology cult escapees - L Ron Hubbard's
grand daughter Roanne Horwich and David Miscavige's father Ronnie
Miscavige - and the up coming movie "The Master". Added to the recent
fall out regarding Narconon, if Scientology thinks its had a rough year
to date - the cult ain't seen nothing yet.

It now turns out that Tommy was slung out of the Sea Org after
infuriating Sea Org Captain David Miscavige back in 2011 when Tommy was
interviewed by Lawrence Wright for the New Yorker. In that interview
Tommy stated that if L Ron Hubbard had not cured war injuries using
Dianetics then the whole of Scientology was based on a lie. Guess what,
L Ron Hubbard never had war injuries ; )

Tags: 2011, 2013, 2016, Austin, Australia, Colony Capital, David Miscavige,
Dianetics, James Packer, L. Ron Hubbard, Lawrence Wright, Narconon, New
Yorker, Quicky, Roanne Horwich, Ron Miscavige Jr, Sea Org, Texas, The Master,
Tommy Davis, Tony Ortega, Village Voice

L. Ron Hubbard - On Auditing
August 17, 2013, GalacticGuardian, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDk5dkXBDLU

Tags: Auditing, L. Ron Hubbard

Scientology and Psychiatry
August 17, 2013, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2013/08/17/scientology-and-psychiatry/

We concluded the last post here, Scientology and Misogyny, with the
following words:

Regardless, there is little question that the church of Scientology and
its 30-year-tenured supreme leader David Miscavige are so misogynist as
to qualify as anachronistic, if not outside of the law and boundaries
of common societal mores on the subject of the sexes. We will shed more
light on this subject over the next several days.

Now, let's address some facts.

Tags: 1950, 2002, 2006, 2008, 2009, 2010, 2011, Academic, Carol Kramer, Case
Supervisor, Corpus Christi, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Director of Special
Affairs, Disconnection, Fair Game, Hypnosis, John Allender, Lori Hodgson, Los
Gatos, Mark Warlick, Mission, Office of Special Affairs, Quicky, San Jose,
Scientology organization, Scientology staff, Sea Org, Squirrel

Scientology Inc head to head with Debbie Cook in a Court of a Law
August 17, 2013, SurvivingScientology, YouTube
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mg6X1VPgApo

Tampa Bay Times reveals the sadism within the headquarters of
Scientology Inc. House of horrors. From 2000 to 2005 til the start of
SP Hole, the internal violence escalated at INT base (Scientology inc
headquarters in Southern California, 2 hours from Los Angeles.

"Seances", beatings, punchings, slappings, body slammings, enforced
confessions of transgressions to the Sadist David Miscavige. This is
filmed with testimony under oath in a Court of Law.

Full credit to Investigative reports Joe Childs, Thomas Tobin and "Mo"
Maurice Rivenbark

Tags: 2000, 2005, California, David Miscavige, Debbie Cook, Facebook, Joe
Childs, Los Angeles, Quicky, Tampa Bay Times, Thomas Tobin, Twitter

SCIENTOLOGY SUPER POWER IS COMING: OCTOBER 6!
August 17, 2013, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2013/08/17/scientology-super-power-is-coming-october-6/

The Tampa Bay Times broke the news Friday night: Finally, after almost
15 years since it first broke ground, Scientology's "Super Power
Building" is set to open on Sunday, October 6.

On Friday the Church of Scientology approached the Clearwater, Florida
city council to obtain permits for a grand opening celebration on that
date.

Former top Scientology spokesman Mike Rinder, at his blog, has been
reporting that church members were being told that the Super Power
building - formally known as the "Flag Building" after dropping its
previous name, "Flag Mecca" - would be opening about a month before the
International Association of Scientologists (IAS) gala. And sure
enough, the IAS gala (usually held in England in October) has been
scheduled for the weekend of November 8-9 and will be held in a giant
permanent tent in Clearwater that is being shipped over from the UK.

Tags: 1970, 1998, 2001, 2011, 2012, Apollo, Clearwater, Dan Koon, David
Miscavige, E-meter, England, Flag Building, Flag Mecca, Florida, Fort
Harrison, Int Base, International Association of Scientologists, Karin Pouw,
Luis and Rocio Garcia, Mike Rinder, Oiliness table, Quicky, Running Program,
Super Power, Super Power Building, Super Power Rundown, Tampa Bay Times, UK,
Village Voice

Voldemort's Tent Update 16 August
August 17, 2013, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/voldemorts-tent-update-16-august/

This morning I received 3 separate reports on "Graduation" from last
night. The stats are going up!

I have combined them into one summarized report here. Thanks to those
who continue to keep the world updated on the latest news from inside
the bubble. As usual my comments are in italics enclosed in square
brackets.

Also as usual, He talks about MEST logistics almost exclusively. It's
almost bizarre to contemplate the leader of the "most important and
fastest growing religious movement on earth" gives a weekly running
commentary on the adventures of a tent making its way from England to
the US.

Tags: 2000, 2004, 2012, Basics, Buffalo, Cambridge, Chairman of the Board,
Class VIII, Clear, Clear Certainty Rundown, Cornerstone, Dallas, David
Miscavige, DC, Dianetics, England, Flag Building, Flag Service Organization,
Golden Age of Knowledge, Golden Age of Tech, Hollywood, Ideal Org,
International Association of Scientologists, Jennifer Linson, Johannesburg,
Keep Scientology Working, L. Ron Hubbard, London, Los Angeles, Madrid, Malmo,
Marc Yager, Mark Ingber, Meagan Tucker, Melbourne, Miami, Moscow, NASA, New
York, Oak Cove, OCA, Ontario, Orange County, OT, OT 7, OT VII, Padova,
Pasadena, Portland, Purif, Quicky, Ray Mithoff, Religious Technology Center,
Rome, Sandcastle, Sea Org, Seattle, Squirrel, Sue Wilhere, Super Power,
Tampa, Tampa Bay Times, Tel Aviv, Tent, The Hole, Tony Ortega, Word Clearing

Scientology Sunday Funnies: The apocalypse is here, and it is ideal
August 17, 2014, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2014/08/17/sunday-funnies-12/

Branstetter smartly connects Narconon's grand jury problem with the
massive lawsuit filed by the National Association of Forensic
Counselors. The suit involves 82 defendants, including Scientology's
leader, David Miscavige.

But the most interesting new wrinkle in Branstetter's article is news
that Narconon Arrowhead has filed for a new certification - as a
"halfway house." Oh, how the mighty have fallen. We need to investigate
whether this means that technically Arrowhead would no longer be able
to deliver its most vaunted service - Scientology's Purification
Rundown, a risky and non-scientific treatment of five hours in a sauna
every day for weeks while ingesting insane levels of niacin.

Tags: 2003, Atlanta, Austin, California, David Miscavige, Fearless Leader,
Georgia, Harry Potter, Ideal Org, Insurance fraud, Narconon, Narconon
Arrowhead, Narconon Georgia, National Association of Forensic Counselors, New
Zealand, Oklahoma, Oklahoma Multi-County Grand Jury, Purification Rundown,
Scotland, Sea Org, Sunday Funnies, Truth About Drugs, Tulsa World, UK, Ziva
Branstetter

Standard Scientology
August 17, 2014, Marty Rathbun, Moving On Up a Little Higher
https://markrathbun.wordpress.com/2014/08/17/standard-scientology-2/

Those who obsess on the motivator (object of victimhood attachment)
about how David Miscavige is scientology's problem because he keeps
revising scientology are like dogs barking up the wrong tree. There is
a plain fact they are not coming to grips with. Scientology will
forever be altered, revised, re-revised, repackaged, re-organized, and
re-compiled. People on the outside have been at it as hard as
scientology organization folk are on the inside. It is inevitable. That
is not because misunderstood words, the reactive mind or body thetans
will forever keep people confused and incapable of applying one-hundred
percent scientology standard technology. Nor will it be because of the
unstated (except in confidential upper level secrets), but actually
held, scientology belief that humankind can't get it because humankind
is inherently incapable of understanding. Instead, scientology will
continuously be revised because there is no such thing as standard
scientology technology. Like the substance of scientology itself, what
constitutes the standard is wholly a subjective matter.

That fact is obvious if one can unlock himself from identifying with L.
Ron Hubbard and his work and read the latter dispassionately. That of
course is impossible for those who vow from the outset of their studies
? and stick with it all the way through ? to the notion that Hubbard is
infallible and examination of any comparative data is potentially
lethal. When one who can objectively study scientology does so ?
particularly when he has tested its methods through extensive practice
- something becomes patently clear. That is by conservative estimate
more than ninety (90) percent of everything Hubbard wrote and uttered
on scientology and dianetics was about how wrong all those who
attempted to apply it were. It is mostly a running stream of
consciousness (albeit held together by a hard core, two-valued logic
and persuasively conveyed by a convincing speaker and writer) record of
assigning reasons why the promises in the book Dianetics: The Modern
Science of Mental Health were never realized and how they might yet be.
Highlighting that statement is Dianetics' promise of full memory
restoration in 1950 and Hubbard's last 'breakthrough' (OT VIII) - as
his 1986 dying declaration - promising to address the reason folk are
apparently inherently amnesiacs.

Exacerbating the confusion is that many of the methods Ron educates his
followers on as the mechanics intentionally used to control and damage
the mind are simultaneously employed by him to do precisely that to his
followers. It is diabolical in that the follower having been educated
by Ron on those mental entrapment techniques would then never guess
they would be used on the follower. You wind up with the curious
phenomenon of apparently sincere people devoting their lives to
vehemently defending their own entrapment.

Tags: 1950, 1986, David Miscavige, Dianetics, Mental Health, OT, OT VIII,
Quicky

There's A Sucker Born Every Minute (most seem to end up as Scientology marks)
August 17, 2014, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/theres-a-sucker-born-every-minute-most-seem-to-end-up-as-scientology-marks/

Hear ye, hear ye. Step right up.

We need your money for a new scheme to clear the planet.

Note well: this adds to but does not take away from the IAS, Ideal
Orgs, LRH Hall, New Advanced Orgs, Books Into Libraries, CCHR, WTH
Campaigns or the David Miscavige Birthday Fund - each of which is THE
solution to planetary clearing.

Tags: 2011, Advanced Org, Africa, CCHR, Clear, David Miscavige,
Dissemination, Golden Era Productions, Ideal Org, International Association
of Scientologists, IRS, Karin Pouw, LRH Hall, Quicky, Reuters

Miami Ballpark Completion (not really)...
August 17, 2015, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/miami-ballpark-completion-not-really/

Hooray, Miami finally completed their ballpark. I understand from
watching Jon Oliver's show that it has fishtanks in the walls behind
homeplate (something to do with the team being the Marlins apparently).

Oh, my error. Apparently this has something to do with ideal orgs.

And it seems, in spite of the headline, they didn't actually complete
raising the "ballpark figure" - a euphemism for some interim step they
can announce as a "completion" - because after a LOOONG time "Mighty
Miami" is still not capable of getting and completing an ideal org
building. In fact, they constantly tout their "Promise to Ron" (see
latest promo piece at the bottom) - but at what point do you actually
admit you are never going to fulfill your promise? Let's see, they made
the "promise to Ron" back in the mid-70's. That is 40 YEARS. Isn't it
time to admit to yourselves and others, that despite having the ONLY
tech to salvage mankind, and the ONLY workable administrative
technology, and the top 1% of the top 10% of the people on earth and
homo novi and OT's, you are simply never going to make it?

Tags: IRS, John Oliver, Miami, OT, Promise to Ron, Quicky

Once shy about the Internet, Scientology is now oversharing on social media
August 17, 2015, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2015/08/17/once-shy-about-the-internet-scientology-is-now-oversharing-on-social-media/

OK, so you've been seeing a lot more of Scientology on social media
over the past couple of years. Especially from overseas. So here's our
question: Is Scientology actually doing more than before, or do we just
get to see more of what they were always doing because they're finally
less shy about using the Internet?

We look forward to your vote on that. And to give you some reality on
our comm, here's some of what turned up on social media just yesterday...

Actual caption: "? ?????? ???!!!" Translation: "I spent $2,500 so I
could run around a pole until my teeth were starting to come loose, my
nipples were bleeding, and my trance state had me seeing lizard-aliens
gnawing on my entrails. But the cognition - that I was a body thetan in
Jesus Christ's left testicle - was worth every penny!"

Tags: 1988, Angelika Mehrens, Bob Anderson, Bob Duggan, Bridge to Total
Freedom, Budapest, Clear, David Miscavige, Denver, Flag Ship Service
Organization, Fort Harrison, Freewinds, Grant Cardone, Guatemala, Hungary,
Jalapa City, Jesus Christ, Jim Mathers, Kristi Bouck, Latvia, Marty Rathbun,
Mike Rinder, Mission, Narconon, Narconon Bringat?ra, OT, OT 10, OT 8, OT 9,
Purif, Quicky, S?o Paulo, Scientology executive, South Coast Mission, Stevens
Creek, Super Power, United Nations, Volunteer Ministers, Youth for Human
Rights International

A rare gem from 1968: When the Daily Mail tracked down L. Ron Hubbard in
Tunisia
August 17, 2016, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2016/08/17/a-rare-gem-from-1968-when-the-daily-mail-tracked-down-l-ron-hubbard-in-tunisia/

Once again our great tipsters come through, and we just want again to
express our gratitude. We're deep into several big projects that we
expect to turn into good things down the road, so for now we appreciate
all the help we get from our great correspondents. (Speaking of big
projects, these dog days of summer will soon end, and Scientology is
going to have a very interesting autumn. We know of at least four major
newspaper pieces coming, two television series, and several books, and
that's all on top of Louis Theroux's movie, coming out in Australia in
September and the UK in October. It's going to be some cornucopia at
harvest time this year!)

Today's treat comes courtesy of a correspondent who pores through old
newspaper files, tracking down things for us that may have been
overlooked. He turned up a real gem this week, and we wanted to share
it with you.

It's a rare interview of L. Ron Hubbard conducted on the yacht Royal
Scotman in 1968, before the ship was renamed the Apollo. The ship was
docked in the Tunisian port city of Bizerte (spelled Bizerta in the
article), and Daily Mail reporter Peter Smith tracked Hubbard down
there for this August 6, 1968 article.

Tags: 1963, 1968, 1990, A Piece of Blue Sky, Apollo, Australia, Daily Mail,
Dutch, East Grinstead, E-meter, England, Evert Doeve, Explorers Club, Granada
Television, James Callaghan, Jon Atack, Kenneth Robinson, Louis Theroux,
Mediterranean, New York, Pasadena, Peter Smith, Quicky, Royal Scotman, Saint
Hill, Saint Hill Manor, Scientology practice, Switzerland, Telex, The
Shrinking World of L. Ron Hubbard, Tunisia, UK, Venus

Valley OTC Minutes
August 17, 2016, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/valley-otc-minutes-5/

For the record.

These have been accumulating for a while. The Special Correspondent who
so diligently forwards these to me noted that it is interesting to look
at these over time as you can see the false promises and pitches roll
out and the things that are said in March that will happen in April go
by without comment and then you start seeing new targets on the same
thing in June. It is truly the donkey with the carrot on a stick - the
only difference being the donkey is being ridden by vampires that
inexorably suck the blood out of it, til it falls to the wayside and
they jump on a new donkey.

Remember, THIS is the most important ideal org in this universe. It is
the pride and joy of the scientology world. Located in the largest
concentration of scientologists on earth. They have every other org and
Mission in SoCal and even the ILO (international management) staff
working to achieve their idealiness. And 12 years into that program,
it's still not close to being done (they are shooting for an opening in
2017).

Tags: 2017, Annie Sokoloff, Anonymous, AOLA, Asbestos, Atlanta, Austin,
Austin Nichols, Avner Golan, Ben Ghiora, Bob Brooks, Bobbi Kassowitz, Bonita
Wilson, Budapest, Carol Loweree, Chairman of the Board, Charlene Thorburn,
Chuck Jacobs, Claire Taylor, CLO WUS, Dali Bahat, Daniel Sadeh, David Wilson,
Dean Glosup, Debbie Suplee, Diane Temps, Division 1, Division 2, Division 4,
Division 6, Doug Dohring, Flag World Tour, Fundraising, George Dinkel, Grant
Cardone, Hagit Ron, Harlem, Heelah Cohen, Hollywood, Humanitarian, Ideal Org,
Irad Ron, Jennifer Shearer, John Massey, Karen Brown, Kathy DiGalbo, Kathy
Welch, Kevin Wilson, L. Ron Hubbard, LAPD, Lauren Perreau, Linda Massey,
Lorin Burton, Los Angeles, Los Feliz, Mark Anderson, Marty Kassowitz, Mary
Elizabeth, Mary Elizabeth Glosup, Mary Lee Krackow, Michael Chan, Mission,
Mountain View, Nancy Cartwright, Nancy Parodi, New Civilization Builder, Nola
Aronson, Ofra Bahat, Ofrah Bahat, Org Board, Orlando, OT, OT Ambassador, OT
Committee, OTC, PAC Base, Pasadena, Patrick Renna, Pete Sokoloff, Pizza,
Purif, Quicky, Quinn Taufer, Ralph Temps, Ray Loomis, Religious Technology
Center, Rochelle Goodrich, Salt Lake City, San Diego, Santa Barbara,
Scientology Media Productions, Scott Bradberry, Scott Kreisberg, Sea Org,
Shooting, Sue Kattoo, Susan Jacobs, Tamara Dahill, Terry Morrill, USA, Vered
Ziv

5 More Reasons "Scientology and the Aftermath" is More Important Than You
Think
August 17, 2017, Chris Shelton, Critical Thinker at Large
http://mncriticalthinking.com/2017/08/17/5-reasons-scientology-aftermath-important-realize/

The second season of Leah Remini's Emmy-nominated Scientology and the
Aftermath has now debuted on A&E and the first episode was a heavy
punch in the gut to anyone with a heart or an ounce of humanity. The
stories that Saina Kamula and Mirriam Frances told were horrifying and
unfortuantely, are not isolated or singular instances. This, of course,
is the point of telling these stories in the first place. Leah's show
is a call to action to all of us to step up and do something. We can't
change the past, but we can certainly act to stop these abuses in the
future but only if we are aware of what the supposed "church" of
Scientology is really all about.

This past week, before and after the premiere, Scientology and its
enablers took to social media, Reddit and other forums in a vain
attempt to denounce Leah and the guests on her show as liars and bitter
apostates, a strategy that did not work in Season 1 and frankly, has
never worked. Anyone with an ounce of common sense can look at what was
portrayed in Season 1 and now what is rolling out in Season 2 and see
that Scientology is a group that condones sexual and psychological
abuses because its members are under the horribly mistaken notion that
the philosophy and mission of Scientology are more important than the
well being of its members, even its children. This is a pretty sick way
of looking at the world and as a former member, I know because I used
to be there.

Last year, I posted a video laying out five reasons Scientology and the
Aftermath is more important than you may realize. A link to that video
is below. Now here are five more reasons that Season 2 is even more
important than Season 1.

Tags: 1950, 1980, 2000, 2008, 2015, A&E, Abortion, Alex Gibney, Anonymous,
Bent Corydon, David Miscavige, Disconnection, Documentary, France, Gerry
Armstrong, Going Clear: Scientology and the Prison of Belief, Going Clear:
Scientology, Hollywood, and the Prison of Belief, HBO, Lawrence Wright, Leah
Remini, Paulette Cooper, Peabody Award, Quicky, Reddit, Robert Minton,
Scientology and the Aftermath, Scientology practice, Sea Org, Sexual assault,
Tax exempt, Tory Christman

Celebrity battle lines: Michael Pe?a's wife asks Scientologists to 'Stand
with Daniel Masterson'
August 17, 2017, Tony Ortega, Underground Bunker
http://tonyortega.org/2017/08/17/celebrity-battle-lines-michael-penas-wife-asks-scientologists-to-stand-with-daniel-masterson/

One sign that Leah Remini is really getting to David Miscavige and the
Church of Scientology became very obvious this week. Our commenters
have been talking about it for days - a Change.org petition started by
a 13-year-old Indian boy, Ram Sharma, calling for the cancellation of
A&E's series, Leah Remini: Scientology and the Aftermath.

The petition quickly caught fire and has been signed by many well known
and longtime Scientologists, who not only are leaving public statements
about Remini but also are listing the cities where they're from. For
Scientologists it's an unusually public act, and feels like a real
departure - finally, Scientologists are standing up to be counted.

And that, of course, is part of their problem. At last count, only
4,882 people had signed the petition, with many of them identifying
their locations as either Southern California or Clearwater, Florida.

Tags: 2001, 2003, 2004, 2016, A&E, Australia, Beck Hansen, Brie Shaffer,
California, Celebrity, Celebrity Centre, Chairman of the Board, Chris
Shelton, Clearwater, Danny Masterson, David Miscavige, Dimitri Vanderbellen,
Disconnection, Don Jarvis, Ed Parkin, Erin Solari, Facebook, Florida, Freedom
Medal, Freewinds, Gary Pollack, Griselda Contreras, Howard Becker, Jancis
Dienes, Jason Dohring, John Prinzing, John Suchy, Karl Heinz-Lenz, LAPD, Leah
Remini, Leslie Farrow, Los Angeles, Michael Jackson, Michael Pe?a, Office of
Special Affairs, OT, Paul Discher, Police, Ramana Dienes-Browning,
Rehabilitation Project Force, Saint Hill Manor, Scientology and the
Aftermath, Sea Org, Sunny Pereira, Tom Cruise, Tom Mesereau

Scientology's Response to Episode 1
August 17, 2017, Mike Rinder, Something Can Be Done About It
http://www.mikerindersblog.org/scientologys-response-to-episode-1/

Though I commented on this in my post of yesterday, I wanted to
highlight the insanity of the scientology response to the new season's
first episode while it is hot off the press (Thursday Funnies are on
hiatus for a week).

In a word. Lame.

Their "defense" for child abuse is:

Tags: Child abuse, Child labor, Leah Remini, OT, Quicky, Sea Org, Sexual
assault, Telex, Thursday Funnies

Today in Scientlology web page:
http://umbraxenu.no-ip.biz/today.html
August 17 in Scientlology web page: