"Dr." Michael Pinkus' CALMAX scam

mephistopheles

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
The FACTS:

Calmax
To order: 1-800-689-4237 [Media Power]
1-888-677-9644 [Media Power - Calmax Hotline]
1-888-627-7011 [Media Power - Customer Service]
1-800-980-4725 [Calmax Canada]

Plus "Calcium/Magnesium Guide Book" by "Dr. Michael Pinkus"!

Distributed by Media Power (Portland, Maine).
www.freelit.com:
Here's what they say about "Dr." Pinkus: [virtually every page I visited
says the same exact thing - probably a promotional package]

"Dr. Michael Pinkus was born and raised in Minneapolis, Minnesota. He
attended the University of Minnesota and graduated with a Doctor of
Chiropractic degree from Northwestern College of Chiropractic in April
1983."

There's a "church" of $cientology in Minneapolis:
Twin Cities
1011 Nicollet Mall
Minneapolis, Minnesota 55403
Phone: 612-338-5111

Interestingly, "Dr." Michael Pinkus also has a website dedicated to him
at:
http://www.chirowatch.com/Chiro-pitchmen/Pinkus/
It mentions his "Clearwater, FL" office.

This page leads to:

http://www.bookaguest.com/tntpage/clients/hh/hh33.htm
"Dr. Pinkus maintains a private practice in Hollywood, California where
he administers preventative medical techniques to many well known
celebrities, including John Travolta, Kelly Preston, Laura Dern, Burt
Reynolds and others."
Which definitely marks him as a quack clam "doctor". I'd imagine
Travolta would seek medical help from only DM-approved, "church" of
$cientology endorsed "doctors".

and:
http://www.mn-chiroboard.state.mn.us/discipline_list.htm
"PINKUS, MICHAEL R. PROBATION 10/2/90
PINKUS, MICHAEL R. PROBATION 11/17/94"
indicating he was twice put on probation in the State of Minnesota.

"Dr." Pinkus even has his own website:
http://www.drpinkus.com/
which is also copyrighted "Media Power".

FACTNet indicates "Dr." Pinkus has been a PATRON of IAS since 1991:
http://www.factnet.org/Scientology/IAS_patronp.html
2/19/91 DR. MICHAEL PINKUS IMPACT ISS. 33 1990 0 PATRON

The Story:

So I call Media Power and ask them about "Dr." Michael Pinkus'
connection to the "church" of $cientology. I was expecting to hear, "L.
Ron Hubbard was the greatest man this planet has ever seen, you
verminous SP, and if you were half as clever as you think you are you
would realize that! He sold the only Bridge to Total Freedom (TM -
"church" of $cientology)!" Aside from a slight breathing problem,
"Phil" (I'll call him Phil), said his job was just to answer phones and
take orders, and that if he wasn't taking my order he was just wasting
time.

I tried not to be hard on Phil, figuring he was just a drone answering
the phone. *I* certainly wouldn't appreciate that if I had his job. I
asked about the claims "Dr." Michael Pinkus made for Calmax. Alas, in
moments, he confirmed my suspicion that he was just a drone, and that I
should really call customer service.

So I call customer service, and get a message asking for my name and
phone number. They'll get back to me. Rrright. Hang up, quick!
Paranoia sets in... Did they trace the call? Are they coming for me?
Will they email bomb this address?

Fuck! Fuck! I was careless! THEY KNOW WHERE I LIVE.

So I sent to following email to www.chirowatch.com:

Maybe I'll hear back, that a new SP has been born in the world today.

=====BEGIN

Hey stud,

You know that Pinkus is a $cientologist in good standing, don't you?

Now before you tell me that the man's "religion" has nothing to do with
it let me share with you a few facts:

$cientologists drink "calmag", not "calmax". Recently they killed a
young woman in Florida (Lisa McPherson) after imprisoning her against
her will for seventeen days, and the baby watch logs said she'd been
given high doses of "calmag", so they're still using it. The reason
$cientologists drink "calmag" is because L. Ron Hubbard (founder of the
"church" of $cientology) TOLD them to drink calmag. He made the same
inflated, bogus claims Pinkus makes about it.

Of course, Ron also suggested taking ultrahigh doses of Niacin, which is
known to cause liver damage, so there you have it.

As for his claims it cures ADHD (better than Ritalin, in fact), this
goes back to $cientology's war with psychiatry. L. Ron Hubbard hated
psychiatrists because they laughed at Dianetics when it was first
published. Those stubborn "psychs" insisted on seeing
independently-verifiable proof that Hubbard's claims about the human
mind were true. This started a war between the two ($cientology and
Dianetics claim to possess intimate knowledge of the human mind) because
$cientology views modern psychiatry as a competitor for mental health
services.

$cientology believes all human illness is due to infestation by the
spirits of dead space aliens (no, I am not making this up), and that
these spirits are what cause mental illness, ADHD, ADD, SAD, etc. Only
by removing the aliens at their source can these maladies be cured, and
then only by expensive "auditing" (like confessional with a lie
detector), that can cost up to a thousand dollars an hour. The idea is
that the body has to be kept in top shape in order to do this. Hence
the "calmag/calmax".

Of course, no $cientologist has EVER managed to cure ADHD, so there's
that. In fact, no $cientologist has ever managed to cure anything by
Dianetic or $cientology "auditing". Any medical claims they make (and
they DO make them), are friend of a friend (as in: "I heard about a guy
that met a man that was in the LA "church" in 1982 who cured his
arthritis by realizing that he had been crushed by a large stone block
by the celts in 582 AD" - past lives figure into $cientology's claims,
too).

I tell you all of this because it is important to know the real source
of the disease you're fighting - medical quackery - and in this case, it
is most certainly the "church" of $cientology.

I can send more information concerning Pinkus' membership in the
"church", but here is a website that will lead you to more information
on $cientology's war with the APA:

www.xenu.net

Visit it and search for "calmag", "baby watch", "Lisa McPherson",
"psych", "APA", "CCHR". That should get you started. If you don't see
the same bogus claims being made about "calmag/calmax" let me know.

To see $cientologists in action (to get a feel for Pinkus' point of
view), visit:

www.xenutv.com
www.lisatrust.com

Excellent website. Fight the good fight.

You may have to cut and paste an address to reply.

=====END

Deana Holmes

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
mephisto...@SPAMBLOCKhotmail.com (mephistopheles) wrote in
<39CCB43E...@nospam.org>:

>The FACTS:
>
>Calmax
>To order: 1-800-689-4237 [Media Power]
>1-888-677-9644 [Media Power - Calmax Hotline]
>1-888-627-7011 [Media Power - Customer Service]
>1-800-980-4725 [Calmax Canada]
>
>Plus "Calcium/Magnesium Guide Book" by "Dr. Michael Pinkus"!

Gosh, what synchronicity. I heard the tail end of this guy's radio
commercial this morning when I was awakened at 6 am by my radio alarm
clock. I would have SWORN he said CalMag. Of course I forgot about it when
I rolled over and went back to sleep, but this post jarred my memory.

Deana
mir...@xmission.com

Ed

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
Michael Pinkus was in the SO and recruiting for the SO at NY Org at
one point in the late '60s or very early '70s.

Ed

Deana Holmes wrote:

> mephisto...@SPAMBLOCKhotmail.com (mephistopheles) wrote in
> <39CCB43E...@nospam.org>:
>

> >The FACTS:
> >
> >Calmax
> >To order: 1-800-689-4237 [Media Power]
> >1-888-677-9644 [Media Power - Calmax Hotline]
> >1-888-627-7011 [Media Power - Customer Service]
> >1-800-980-4725 [Calmax Canada]
> >
> >Plus "Calcium/Magnesium Guide Book" by "Dr. Michael Pinkus"!

Lone Ranger

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
Is this the same Mike Pincus who was at the PAC USLO on Beacon Street in LA,
1971? About 5'8'', dark hair, and could lose a few pounds, as I recall.

Trivia - He tried to capture some UFO above USLO on film in the front yard,
but the film turned out blank. There was also the rumor goin around USLO at
the time that "certain people" in the CoX were being replaced with aliens.

mephistopheles wrote:

> [....snip.....] I can send more information concerning Pinkus' membership

Ed

Sep 23, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/23/00
Same physical description as the guy I was describing. I don't know
for sure that he's the same person as "Cal Max" but an awful lot of
long-time LA Scns started out in NY.

Ed

Lone Ranger wrote:

> Is this the same Mike Pincus who was at the PAC USLO on Beacon Street in LA,
> 1971? About 5'8'', dark hair, and could lose a few pounds, as I recall.
>
> Trivia - He tried to capture some UFO above USLO on film in the front yard,
> but the film turned out blank. There was also the rumor goin around USLO at
> the time that "certain people" in the CoX were being replaced with aliens.
>
> mephistopheles wrote:
>

> > [....snip.....] I can send more information concerning Pinkus' membership

m.c. dipietra

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00

> Hey stud,
>
> You know that Pinkus is a $cientologist in good standing, don't you?
>
> Now before you tell me that the man's "religion" has nothing to do with
> it let me share with you a few facts:
>
> $cientologists drink "calmag", not "calmax". Recently they killed a
> young woman in Florida (Lisa McPherson) after imprisoning her against
> her will for seventeen days, and the baby watch logs said she'd been
> given high doses of "calmag", so they're still using it. The reason
> $cientologists drink "calmag" is because L. Ron Hubbard (founder of the
> "church" of $cientology) TOLD them to drink calmag. He made the same
> inflated, bogus claims Pinkus makes about it.
>
> Of course, Ron also suggested taking ultrahigh doses of Niacin, which is
> known to cause liver damage, so there you have it.

Don't forget Ron's version of barley water baby formula here...reviewed
somewhere by the American Pediatric Assoc. or such as being a very unhealthy
substitute for breastmilk or commercial formula?

http://mp3.com/MaggieCouncil free mp3s/RealAudio!
M.C.DiPietra <mdip...@earthlink.net>, SP4, KoX http://www.xenu.net
"Hell, if you understood everything I say, you'd be me!" -Miles Davis

mephistopheles

Sep 24, 2000, 3:00:00 AM9/24/00
I found myself wondering why Pinkus just didn't come straight out and
call it "calmag". Perhaps the unhealthy association with the "church"
is what he fears. Or licensing fees from the "church" for using their
patented, trademarked, copyrighted, or who-knows-what-else "technology".

If that's the case, perhaps he'd best not sell snake oil. I'd love to
see the FDA get involved, but perhaps he's within FDA prescribed limits
(so many IU calcium, so many magnesium), in which case it is nothing
more than a watered-down multivitamin.

"Phil", when I spoke to him, did seem a little breathless and asthmatic,
but he said he "has no pain", and therefore "doesn't have to use
calmax." I was wondering where $cientologists get their calmag from.
Would buying from Pinkus be out-tech, or can he depend on a large number
of cultists to buy his product and thereby keep him in business?

It's like one big money laundering scam. Doctor X is a $cientologist.
He sells calmag (calmax, whatever). Cultists across the country buy his
calmag (Ron told them to. They have no choice in the matter). Doctor X
gets a cut (we'll say 12%, after marketing costs). He becomes a major,
big-time contributor to the IAS, and contributes large sums of money to
$cientology's "war chest". It all seems so perfectly legal.

The only way to stop it is to cut off the flow of bodies and cash...

Deana Holmes wrote:

> mephisto...@SPAMBLOCKhotmail.com (mephistopheles) wrote in
> <39CCB43E...@nospam.org>:
>

> >The FACTS:
> >
> >Calmax
> >To order: 1-800-689-4237 [Media Power]
> >1-888-677-9644 [Media Power - Calmax Hotline]
> >1-888-627-7011 [Media Power - Customer Service]
> >1-800-980-4725 [Calmax Canada]
> >
> >Plus "Calcium/Magnesium Guide Book" by "Dr. Michael Pinkus"!

monta...@gmail.com

Oct 20, 2013, 5:18:39 PM10/20/13
So WHAT if he is a scientologist as long as the product works. Gosh, you're worse than a woman

On Sunday, September 24, 2000 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, mephistopheles wrote:
> I found myself wondering why Pinkus just didn't come straight out and
> call it "calmag". Perhaps the unhealthy association with the "church"
> is what he fears. Or licensing fees from the "church" for using their
> patented, trademarked, copyrighted, or who-knows-what-else "technology".
>
> If that's the case, perhaps he'd best not sell snake oil. I'd love to
> see the FDA get involved, but perhaps he's within FDA prescribed limits
> (so many IU calcium, so many magnesium), in which case it is nothing
> more than a watered-down multivitamin.
>
> "Phil", when I spoke to him, did seem a little breathless and asthmatic,
> but he said he "has no pain", and therefore "doesn't have to use
> calmax." I was wondering where $cientologists get their calmag from.
> Would buying from Pinkus be out-tech, or can he depend on a large number
> of cultists to buy his product and thereby keep him in business?
>
> It's like one big money laundering scam. Doctor X is a $cientologist.
> He sells calmag (calmax, whatever). Cultists across the country buy his
> calmag (Ron told them to. They have no choice in the matter). Doctor X
> gets a cut (we'll say 12%, after marketing costs). He becomes a major,
> big-time contributor to the IAS, and contributes large sums of money to
> $cientology's "war chest". It all seems so perfectly legal.
>
> The only way to stop it is to cut off the flow of bodies and cash...
>
> Deana Holmes wrote:
> >
> > mephisto...@SPAMBLOCKhotmail.com (mephistopheles) wrote in
> > <39CCB43E...@nospam.org>:
> >
> > >The FACTS:
> > >
> > >Calmax
> > >To order: 1-800-689-4237 [Media Power]
> > >1-888-677-9644 [Media Power - Calmax Hotline]
> > >1-888-627-7011 [Media Power - Customer Service]
> > >1-800-980-4725 [Calmax Canada]
> > >
> > >Plus "Calcium/Magnesium Guide Book" by "Dr. Michael Pinkus"!

tomv...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2014, 9:23:18 PM1/26/14
Before you write anything on anybody why don't you write about your credentials and who really pays your salary. Maybe you are afraid to write the truth. WHY IS IT that the pharmeceutical companies can deceive and lie all they want but you won't write anything about them, why?

octg...@aol.com

Apr 18, 2015, 12:15:06 AM4/18/15
On Sunday, January 26, 2014 at 9:23:18 PM UTC-5, tomv...@gmail.com wrote:
> Before you write anything on anybody why don't you write about your credentials and who really pays your salary. Maybe you are afraid to write the truth. WHY IS IT that the pharmeceutical companies can deceive and lie all they want but you won't write anything about them, why?

A persons religion what ever it is, has nothing to do with their potion of compounded vitamins .
and as to cal max .I can testify that doctors could not help me with my pain but cal max defiinitly did.
And vitamins taken under the right doctor or do can also help with ADD and other disorders.
Too bad for the narrow minded .Don't get me wrong ,doctors have there place, but when there is not too much the DR. can do ,then please seek alternative medicine.

roger....@live.com

Apr 18, 2015, 11:05:30 AM4/18/15
Exploding stars have produced Cal-Mag. Without Cal-Mag Homo Novis had been human beings.

vikeir...@gmail.com

Jul 31, 2016, 10:04:41 AM7/31/16
Ha worse than a woman - good one

jessega...@gmail.com

Dec 10, 2016, 10:11:38 PM12/10/16
👍

deb...@gmail.com

Oct 15, 2017, 8:04:59 AM10/15/17
All I can say it Wow! Conspiracy theory much?

rogerspo...@gmail.com

Oct 16, 2017, 10:51:07 AM10/16/17
Den söndag 15 oktober 2017 kl. 14:04:59 UTC+2 skrev deb...@gmail.com:
> All I can say it Wow! Conspiracy theory much?

People fed up by milk are calves and not human beings. People robbing calves of their milk are cattles,,,MU.

Dgree...@comcast.net

Jul 7, 2019, 11:41:55 PM7/7/19
Hello all,

Do anyone know of anyone that got sick or chronic migraines from calmax?
Please contact Michelle @302-354-6986
I got sick in 2016 after I consume calmax!

Earl Graystoke

Aug 7, 2023, 6:16:37 PM8/7/23

¶Too, too saddening to see this mentally stirred-up, redneck, identity-based, anti-Scientology hate-speech! The attempt is to dissuade, but all it does is give me a small, sad smile for their patently pathetic lives. TRULY sorry for you all!
I've helped hundreds of people just using Scientology or Dianetics Assists, including two motorcycle accident victims. One started out delirious and became coherent in a few minutes. The other was completely unconscious and came to with a jolt after many minutes. EMTs had apparently given him up for dead.
¶So, I'm sorry you are all worked up over your private upsets or whatever. But you are in the minority. You are a statistical anomaly. Most people who *sincerely* seek to use Hubbard's methods use them well enough to help family and friends.
¶TTFN!