What Are Two Reasons Why God Rejects Some Prayers?

Greg Carr

Nov 22, 2012, 7:13:16 PM11/22/12

What Are Two Reasons Why God Rejects Some Prayers?
http://www.jw.org/en/bible-teachings/questions/when-god-does-not-listen/

The Bible’s answer

There are some prayers that God does not answer. Consider two factors
that would cause God to ignore a person’s prayer.

1. The prayer goes against God’s will

God does not answer requests that go against his will, or his
requirements, which are in the Bible. (1 John 5:14) For example, the
Bible requires that we avoid being greedy. Gambling promotes greed. (1
Corinthians 6:9, 10) So, God will not answer your prayer if you pray
to win the lottery. God is not a genie that you can summon to do your
bidding. Actually, you can be thankful for this. Otherwise, you might
have to fear what others could ask God to do.—James 4:3.

2. The person praying acts rebelliously

God does not listen to those who are determined to offend him by their
actions. For example, God told those who claimed to serve him but
acted rebelliously: “Even though you make many prayers, I am not
listening; with bloodshed your very hands have become filled.” (Isaiah
1:15) But if they had changed their ways and “set matters straight”
with God, he would have listened when they prayed to him.—Isaiah 1:18.

I spend $9 a week usu. on the lottery and I pray for a win. So far
nothing major but I have hope. I will give the Witnesses a million if
I win plus a total of ten percent to charity when I win. You Americans
are lucky to have the Powerball.

Annointed Remnant

Nov 25, 2012, 9:47:57 AM11/25/12
In article <0d280769-8bad-4c42...@lg12g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
Greg Carr says...

>I spend $9 a week usu. on the lottery and I pray for a win. So far
>nothing major but I have hope. I will give the Witnesses a million if
>I win plus a total of ten percent to charity when I win. You Americans
>are lucky to have the Powerball.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jk6ILZAaAMI

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zDHJ4ztnldQ&feature=channel&list=UL

Ips-Switch

Nov 27, 2012, 1:26:19 AM11/27/12

"Greg Carr" <gregca...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I spend $9 a week usu.

* The JWs do not believe in gambling. Do they know you gamble?

on the lottery and I pray for a win. So far
nothing major but I have hope. I will give the Witnesses a million if
I win plus a total of ten percent to charity when I win. You Americans
are lucky to have the Powerball.

* Why would you give it to the Witnesses when there are so many charities
out there doing good deeds? The WTS does nothing to help anyone. They don't
need the money.

Greg Carr

Nov 28, 2012, 4:17:52 PM11/28/12
On Nov 26, 10:26 pm, "Ips-Switch" <Ips-swi...@invalid.com> wrote:
> "Greg Carr" <gregcarrso...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I spend $9 a week usu.
>
> * The JWs do not believe in gambling. Do they know you gamble?

Yes they know I play the lottery and that I donate money to the JWs
what I donate to the JWs is more than what I spen don the lotto. I was
told it was frowned upon and I can handle a few frowns.

> on the lottery and I pray for a win. So far
> nothing major but I have hope. I will give the Witnesses a million if
> I win plus a total of ten percent to charity when I win. You Americans
> are lucky to have the Powerball.
>
> * Why would you give it to the Witnesses when there are so many charities
> out there doing good deeds?  The WTS does nothing to help anyone. They don't
> need the money.
A assembly hall in my area is due for renovations and new KH need to
be built. The JWs provide spiritual food which I find quite good. I
give have my charitable contributions to the JWs and the other half to
the UGM which provides meals and shelter for the poor and homeless.

Ips-Switch

Nov 29, 2012, 12:17:53 AM11/29/12

On Nov 26, 10:26 pm, "Ips-Switch" <Ips-swi...@invalid.com> wrote:
> "Greg Carr" <gregcarrso...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> I spend $9 a week usu.
>
> * The JWs do not believe in gambling. Do they know you gamble?

Yes they know I play the lottery and that I donate money to the JWs
what I donate to the JWs is more than what I spen don the lotto. I was
told it was frowned upon and I can handle a few frowns.

* If it's frowned upon, why do you do it? You are aware that the WTS takes
in many millions of dollars each year through the sale of their literature,
aren't you? Why not donate where the money will do some good such as
sending it to a homeless shelter or safe-house for abused women? Or even a
local animal rescue?

> on the lottery and I pray for a win. So far
> nothing major but I have hope. I will give the Witnesses a million if
> I win plus a total of ten percent to charity when I win. You Americans
> are lucky to have the Powerball.
>
> * Why would you give it to the Witnesses when there are so many charities
> out there doing good deeds? The WTS does nothing to help anyone. They
> don't
> need the money.

A assembly hall in my area is due for renovations and new KH need to
be built. The JWs provide spiritual food which I find quite good. I
give have my charitable contributions to the JWs and the other half to
the UGM which provides meals and shelter for the poor and homeless.

* Spiritual food that's used to control people and uses DF'ing and shunning
to do so, isn't the place to "eat." Find a better restaurant for your
spiritual food. BTW, why doesn't the WTS in NY, with it's many MILLIONS of
dollars in many bank accounts help pay for building the KHs? I have yet to
get a sensible answer to this question from any elder or JW I've asked.

Annointed Remnant

Nov 29, 2012, 10:37:43 AM11/29/12
In article <a7b9e78d-1f93-4c80...@v6g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
Greg Carr says...

>The JWs provide spiritual food which I find quite good.

If there wasn't something appealing about cults, there would never be cults.
The problem is that new recruits do not know the whole truth until it is too
late. Once ensnared, it is almost impossible to get out.

If a baptized JW gambles and it is well known in his community that he gambles,
he will be shunned. So, if you get baptized, you'll have to gamble secretly if
you want to remain in the cult. Even if you don't get disfellowshipped, you'll
still be shunned, so what is the point in being in a cult where the members and
leaders ignore you?

We've told you time and again that JWs cannot think independently of the cult.
You will do as you're told or you will be shunned. Some people like to be told
what to do with every aspect of their lives, and if you are one of them, then
you're headed in the right direction. For me, I can make much better decisions
about my life than some old assholes in New York who have lost touch with
reality.

Remember, what you are getting into is an incredibally well run ORGANIZATION.
It is fine tuned to entrap new recruits. Next time you go to your KH listen to
how many times you hear the word, ORGANIZATION. It has nothing to do with God;
it is an ORGANIZATION run by old men who want to control every aspect of your
life. They cherry pick a few verses from the Bible to support their
ORGANIZATION and repeat those verses hundreds of times a year until the JWs are
brainwashed.

They've changed some wording in their version of the Bible to support their
ORGANIZATIONAL beliefs. Try doing this: Get another translation of the Bible
and read it without referring to the Watchtower. The old farts have no more
ability or education to intrepret the Bible than you do. Try looking at what
EDUCATED SCHOLARS have to say about the Bible. Why are there NO Biblical
scholars in the JW ORGANIZATION? Is it because God wants only uneducated people
in his ORGANIZATION? The truth is: Biblical scholars know the JW cult is pure
nonsense.

Greg Carr

Nov 29, 2012, 4:22:02 PM11/29/12
On Nov 28, 9:17 pm, "Ips-Switch" <Ips-swi...@invalid.com> wrote:
> "Greg Carr" <gregcarrso...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Nov 26, 10:26 pm, "Ips-Switch" <Ips-swi...@invalid.com> wrote:
>
> > "Greg Carr" <gregcarrso...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > I spend $9 a week usu.
>
> > * The JWs do not believe in gambling. Do they know you gamble?
>
> Yes they know I play the lottery and that I donate money to the JWs
> what I donate to the JWs is more than what I spen don the lotto. I was
> told it was frowned upon and I can handle a few frowns.
>
> * If it's frowned upon, why do you do it? You are aware that the WTS takes
> in many millions of dollars each year through the sale of their literature,
> aren't you?

I have lots of JW literature and it was all free. There is no price
listed on any of it. Why not donate where the money will do some good

Greg Carr

Nov 29, 2012, 4:25:10 PM11/29/12
On Nov 29, 7:37 am, Annointed Remnant <Annointed_mem...@newsguy.com>
wrote:
> In article <a7b9e78d-1f93-4c80-8394-c38920908...@v6g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
I used to be in the United Church and their biblical scholars include
pro abortioners and homosexuals. I know of ppl in the congregation who
are Greek and they have no problem with the GB translation of the
scriptures. You have left the organization and not found anything
better except atheism which is not an option for me.

Ips-Switch

Nov 30, 2012, 5:14:38 AM11/30/12

On Nov 28, 9:17 pm, "Ips-Switch" <Ips-swi...@invalid.com> wrote:

I have lots of JW literature and it was all free. There is no price
listed on any of it.

* So the WTS is no longer requesting or taking "donations" for their books,
CDs and magazines? Where then are they getting their money from?

Ips-Switch

Nov 30, 2012, 5:24:21 AM11/30/12

wrote:

> They've changed some wording in their version of the Bible to support
> their
> ORGANIZATIONAL beliefs. Try doing this: Get another translation of the
> Bible
> and read it without referring to the Watchtower. The old farts have no
> more
> ability or education to intrepret the Bible than you do. Try looking at
> what
> EDUCATED SCHOLARS have to say about the Bible. Why are there NO Biblical
> scholars in the JW ORGANIZATION? Is it because God wants only uneducated
> people
> in his ORGANIZATION? The truth is: Biblical scholars know the JW cult is
> pure
> nonsense.

I used to be in the United Church and their biblical scholars include
pro abortioners and homosexuals.

* What difference does it make if a scholar believes in a woman having a
choice? There is no such thing as someone being pro-abortion. It's about a
woman having a choice, not forcing women to abort wanted fetuses.
Homosexuals? Then you must leave the WTS instantly as I knew several elders
who were homosexuals. They tried to keep it quiet but everyone knew. In
fact one of the DOs in Brooklyn was also gay. And not all JWs are
anti-choice where abortion is concerned. They have a wide range of beliefs
and don't always parrot the WTS on this issue.

I know of ppl in the congregation who
are Greek and they have no problem with the GB translation of the
scriptures. You have left the organization and not found anything
better except atheism which is not an option for me.

* And these Greeks translated the bible from Greek and compared it to the
GB's translation? I think not. You better ask them if they did their own
translations before speaking for them.

Annointed Remnant

Nov 30, 2012, 9:54:21 PM11/30/12
In article <82b5cc3e-13e7-4dc4...@y5g2000pbi.googlegroups.com>,
Greg Carr says...

>I used to be in the United Church and
>their biblical scholars include pro
>abortioners and homosexuals.

When I reply to you, I don't reply solely for your benefit. I reply because
there are other folks who read this newsgroup and some of them are JWs.
Firstly, homosexuality is a sexual orientation, not a choice. You've been shown
evidence of that but being the bigot you are, you refuse to learn. Secondly
there is no such thing as "pro abortioners."

>I know of ppl in the congregation
>who are Greek and they have no problem
>with the GB translation of the
>scriptures.

I was in a congregation near a Greek-American community and many of them were
Greek, but none of them were educated beyond high school. I was talking about
Biblical Scholars, folks who have devoted a good six years of post graduate
education.

>You have left the organization and not
>found anything better except atheism
>which is not an option for me.

I didn't 'find' atheism. I searched diligently for quite some time before I
realized that religion has no real foundation in facts. I don't fault you
because feel that atheism is not a option for you. Many people need religion as
a crutch. If you never learn anything else, remember this: No matter what
religion you believe in, it all boils down to one word, FAITH. JWs define faith
as the assured expectation of things hoped for. You can hope to win the lottery
because, however slim the chances, you know there will be a lottery winner, but
hoping for eternal life is not assured because there is not one shred of
evidence of a god - just the faith that there is one.