EVERYONE SHOULD GO BUY A COURSE IN MIRACLES!!

Day Brown

Apr 18, 2002, 5:58:31 PM4/18/02
Luke wrote:

> Everyone should go buy A Course in Miracles, and apply it to their lives.
>
> This book will lead you to the truth.
>
> http://www.acim.org
yet another airhead.

Geoff Raye

Apr 18, 2002, 8:08:48 PM4/18/02

Everyone should go buy Learning GNU Emacs, and apply it to their lives.

This book will lead you to the truth.

http://www.ora.com

Chong Yidong

Apr 18, 2002, 9:38:31 PM4/18/02
ra...@meow.raye.com (Geoff Raye) writes:

> Everyone should go buy Learning GNU Emacs, and apply it to their lives.
>
> This book will lead you to the truth.

I didn't find it helpful, and regret buring it. It's silly to buy it
when the GNU Emacs manual is more complete, and free documentation to
boot.

Greg Menke

Apr 18, 2002, 11:51:30 PM4/18/02

> > Everyone should go buy Learning GNU Emacs, and apply it to their lives.
> >
> > This book will lead you to the truth.
>
> I didn't find it helpful, and regret buring it. It's silly to buy it
> when the GNU Emacs manual is more complete, and free documentation to
> boot.

I thought it was analagous to the little book Redhat shipped back in
the 5.1 & 5.2 days, to act as a bit of hand-holding until the user was
sort of comfortable. Its not hard to learn enough to get beyond what
the book goes over, but getting an inexperienced reader to that stage
was the point of it.

Gregm

Chong Yidong

Apr 19, 2002, 2:58:18 AM4/19/02
Greg Menke <gregm...@mindspring.com> writes:

There's the Emacs built-in tutorial.

Geoff Raye

Apr 22, 2002, 1:21:10 PM4/22/02

I probably should have quoted the original posting. And I probably
should have substituted "the GNU Emacs manual" for _Learning GNU Emacs_.
After all, one *can* buy a copy of the free documentation.

And I should have probably quoted the original, too.

Geoff

--
Geoff Raye \ All irregularities will be handled by the forces
ge...@raye.com \ controlling each dimension. Transuranic heavy

dash...@starpower.net

May 11, 2002, 3:22:03 PM5/11/02

hmmm, I thought that's what c-ht was intended to do. So how does that book
improve on the tutorial?

Jude <dash...@starpower.net>

Net-Tamer V 1.13 Beta - Registered

Thien-Thi Nguyen

May 12, 2002, 12:34:21 AM5/12/02
dash...@starpower.net writes:

> hmmm, I thought that's what c-ht was intended to do. So how does that
> book improve on the tutorial?

all religions need sponsors (especially when some of us in the church of
emacs are unemployed :-). sure, you can host a meme and pass it around,
but cash helps hackers fend off food and shelter so they can concentrate
on the next most important thing, source...

M-x make-macros-fast!

thi

Kimi-Ivy

Mar 23, 2014, 5:12:31 AM3/23/14
Print out the emacs tutorial is enough.

--
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death and sweet as love.
-- Turkish proverb