Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?

arah

Nov 21, 2011, 9:46:39 AM11/21/11
Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?

Deuteronomy 5:14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your
God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or
daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey
or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your
manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do.

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Nov 21, 2011, 11:22:00 AM11/21/11
On Nov 21, 8:46 am, arah <arah1...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?"

Hbr 3:7 ¶ Wherefore (as the Holy Ghost saith,
To day if ye will hear his voice,

Hbr 3:8 Harden not your hearts,
as in the provocation,
in the day of temptation in the wilderness:

Hbr 3:9 When your fathers tempted me,
proved me, and saw my works forty years.

Hbr 3:10 Wherefore I was grieved with that generation,
and said, They do alway err in [their] heart;
and they have not known my ways.

Hbr 3:11 So I sware in my wrath,
They shall not enter into my rest.)

duke

Nov 21, 2011, 6:31:47 PM11/21/11
Because there were only 7 days and he wanted man's attention on the 7th day
after working for 6 days.

The dukester, American-American
*****
Romans 1:16-17
It is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes:
for Jew first, then Greek. For in it is revealed the righteousness
of God from faith to faith; as it is written, "The one who is
righteous by faith will live."
*****

arah

Nov 22, 2011, 12:28:29 PM11/22/11
The Bible declares many times that the Lord our God rest.

The Bible says that: God had finished the work by the seventh day; so
on the seventh day he rested, the seventh day is holy because on it
God rested from all the work, The Lord rested on the seventh day and
blessed it and made it holy, The Lord abstained from work and rested,
On the seventh day God rested from all his work, the Lord our God rest
upon us.

Sciences say that many creatures do not rest at all e.g., the heart,
the red cells, the white cells, the platelets, the Bacteria, the
Fungi, the Sun etc.

If you read the Quran to Rest the Lord's case in respect to the
question does the Lord Rest? The Quran utters: Rest assured, the Lord
does not Rest and He never ever Rest

Does the Lord rest? In the Bible

God had finished the work by the seventh day, so on the seventh day he
rested

Genesis 2:2

By the seventh day God had finished the work he had been doing; so on
the seventh day he rested from all his work.

The seventh day is holy because on it God rested from all the work

Genesis 2:3

And God blessed the seventh day and made it holy, because on it he
rested from all the work of creating that he had done.

The Lord rested on the seventh day and blessed it and made it holy.

Exodus 20:11

For in six days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and
all that is in them, but he rested on the seventh day. Therefore the
LORD blessed the Sabbath day and made it holy.

The Lord abstained from work and rested.

Exodus 31:17

It will be a sign between me and the Israelites forever, for in six
days the LORD made the heavens and the earth, and on the seventh day
he abstained from work and rested.'

the Lord our God rest upon us

Psalm 90:17

May the favor of the Lord our God rest upon us; establish the work of
our hands for us— yes, establish the work of our hands.

On the seventh day God rested from all his work

Hebrews 4:4

And yet his work has been finished since the creation of the world.
For somewhere he has spoken about the seventh day in these words: "And
on the seventh day God rested from all his work."

Ads by Google
أسئل وزيرالتربية والتعليم
حوار مفتوح مع سمو الأمير فيصل على Youtube .شارك الآن youtube.com/
kingdomdialogues
Christ-The hunger for Him
And the adoring of Him. Everything He can do for Man and Woman.
www.hallvworthington.com

The Sciences and the Rest:

Expressions like tired, weak, or in need of rest and fatigue are among
general practice of human beings. Fatigue is partially due to the
accumulation of lactic acid in the muscles.

It is well known that balancing work and rest is the proper way to
combat fatigue.

Researchers noticed the effect of Rest periods on productivity.

Post-exercise fatigue is the way you feel after typical enthusiastic
exercises. Proper rest leads to improved performance of the muscles.

This is applicable for man and vertebrates but not for all the
creatures.

Also, this is not applicable for some components inside our bodies.

Example of Non-Resting creatures:

The heart does not rest at all.

The red cells, the white cells, the platelets do not rest at all.

Bacteria do not rest at all.

Fungi do not rest at all.

The Sun does not rest at all.

Now, the Question is:

How come that many creatures do not rest while the Almighty Creator
Rest?

It is the Quran which answered this question more than 1400 years ago.

Does the Lord rest? In the Quran:

Now let us go to the Quran to Rest the Lord's case in respect to the
question does the Lord Rest?

The Quran says: Rest assured, the Lord does not Rest and He never ever
Rest

Allah is not like us.

No one is similar to Allah.

Surah 42:11

SHAKIR: the originator of the heavens and the earth; he made mates for
you from among yourselves, and mates of the cattle too, multiplying
you thereby; nothing like a likeness of him; and he is the hearing,
the seeing

PICKTHAL: the creator of the heavens and the earth. he hath made for
you pairs of yourselves, and of the cattle also pairs, whereby he
multiplieth you. naught is as his likeness; and he is the hearer, the
seer.

YUSUFALI: (he is) the creator of the heavens and the earth: he has
made for you pairs from among yourselves, and pairs among cattle: by
this means does he multiply you: there is nothing whatever like unto
him, and he is the one that hears and sees (all things).

They dispute concerning Allah, and Allah is far beyond your thoughts
and imaginations.

If we get tired, Allah does not.

If we rest, Allah does not

If we get sick, Allah does not

If we die, Allah does not

Surah 13:13

SHAKIR: and the thunder declares his glory with his praise, and the
angels too for awe of him; and he sends the thunderbolts and smites
with them whom he pleases, yet they dispute concerning Allah, and he
is mighty in prowess

PICKTHAL: the thunder hymneth his praise and (so do) the angels for
awe of him. he launcheth the thunderbolts and smiteth with them whom
he will while they dispute (in doubt) concerning Allah, and he is
mighty in wrath.

YUSUFALI: nay, thunder repeateth his praises, and so do the angels,
with awe: he flingeth the loud-voiced thunder-bolts, and therewith he
striketh whomsoever he will..yet these (are the men) who (dare to)
dispute about Allah, with the strength of his power (supreme)!

Allah never ever rest.

Surah 50:38

SHAKIR: and certainly We Created the heavens and the earth and what is
between them in six periods and there touched us not any fatigue

PICKTHAL: and verily We Created the heavens and the earth, and all
that is between them, in six days, and naught of weariness touched
Us.

YUSUFALI: We Created the heavens and the earth and all between them in
six days, nor did any sense of weariness touch Us.

Again, to Rest the Lord's case in respect to the question does the
Lord Rest? It should be emphasized that the Quran consider saying that
the Lord rest or rested as a big unforgiving offense in respect to the
Lord the Almighty Creator.

Anyone who believes that the Lord the Almighty Creator rest or rested
put himself in the category of unbeliever and he is responsible for
himself at the Day of Judgment when the Lord the Almighty Creator asks
him:" Did I Rest? Do I rest? How I rest?

duke

Nov 22, 2011, 4:06:11 PM11/22/11
On Tue, 22 Nov 2011 09:28:29 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The Bible declares many times that the Lord our God rest.

Yep, man-talk.

>The Bible says that: God had finished the work by the seventh day; so
>on the seventh day he rested, the seventh day is holy because on it
>God rested from all the work, The Lord rested on the seventh day and
>blessed it and made it holy, The Lord abstained from work and rested,
>On the seventh day God rested from all his work, the Lord our God rest
>upon us.

>Sciences say that many creatures do not rest at all e.g., the heart,
>the red cells, the white cells, the platelets, the Bacteria, the
>Fungi, the Sun etc.

>If you read the Quran to Rest the Lord's case in respect to the
>question does the Lord Rest? The Quran utters: Rest assured, the Lord
>does not Rest and He never ever Rest

Why would God almighty ever need to rest? It's man-talk.

>Does the Lord rest? In the Bible

In man-talk, yes.
And what is your point? There were no people around at creation. It's a
statement centered in faith. God worked 6 days then took a day off. That's
man's way of putting it. Or, in others words, God gave example for us to pause
for our own day off to worship our God.

arah

Nov 24, 2011, 3:07:06 AM11/24/11
On Nov 22, 1:06 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

> And what is your point?  There were no people around at creation.  It's a
> statement centered in faith.  God worked 6 days then took a day off.  That's
> man's way of putting it.  Or, in others words, God gave example for us to pause
> for our own day off to worship our God.

The bible were corrupted so Almight Creator send Al Quran to the last
prophet to tell the truth.

1 TaHa. (These letters are one of the miracles of the Quran, and none
but Allah (Alone) knows their meanings.)
2 We have not sent down the Quran unto you (O Muhammad SAW) to cause
you distress,
3 But only as a Reminder to those who fear (Allah).

4 A revelation from Him (Allah) Who has created the earth and high
heavens.
5 The Most Beneficent (Allah) Istawa (rose over) the (Mighty) Throne
(in a manner that suits His Majesty).
6 To Him belongs all that is in the heavens and all that is on the
earth, and all that is between them, and all that is under the
soil.
7 And if you (O Muhammad SAW) speak (the invocation) aloud, then
verily, He knows the secret and that which is yet more hidden.

8 Allah! La ilahla illa Huwa (none has the right to be worshipped but
He)! To Him belong the Best Names.

9 And has there come to you the story of Moosa (Moses)?
10 When he saw a fire, he said to his family: "Wait! Verily, I have
seen a fire, perhaps I can bring you some burning brand therefrom, or
find some guidance at the fire."
11 And when he came to it (the fire), he was called by name: "O Moosa
(Moses)!
12 "Verily! I am your Lord! So take off your shoes, you are in the
sacred valley, Tuwa.
13 "And I have chosen you. So listen to that which is inspired to
you.

14 "Verily! I am Allah! La ilaha illa Ana (none has the right to be
worshipped but I), so worship Me, and perform AsSalat (Iqamat-as-
Salat) for My Remembrance.
15 "Verily, the Hour is coming and My Will is to keep it hidden that
every person may be rewarded for that which he strives.
16 "Therefore, let not the one who believes not therein (i.e. in the
Day of Resurrection, Reckoning, Paradise and Hell, etc.), but follows
his own lusts, divert you therefrom, lest you perish.

17 "And what is that in your right hand, O Moosa (Moses)?"
18 He said: "This is my stick, whereon I lean, and wherewith I beat
down branches for my sheep, and wherein I find other uses."
19 (Allah) said: "Cast it down, O Moosa (Moses)!"
20 He cast it down, and behold! It was a snake, moving quickly.
21 Allah said:"Grasp it, and fear not, We shall return it to its
former state,

22 "And press your (right) hand to your (left) side, it will come
forth white (and shining), without any disease as another sign,
23 "That We may show you (some) of Our Greater Signs.
24 "Go to Firaun (Pharaoh)! Verily, he has transgressed (all bounds
in disbelief and disobedience, and has behaved as an arrogant, and as
a tyrant)."

25 (Moosa (Moses)) said: "O my Lord! Open for me my chest (grant me
self-confidence, contentment, and boldness).
26 "And ease my task for me;
27 "And make loose the knot (the defect) from my tongue, (i.e. remove
the incorrectness from my speech) (That occurred as a result of a
brand of fire which Moosa (Moses) put in his mouth when he was an
infant). (Tafsir At-Tabaree, Vol. 16, Page 159).

http://www.iqrasearch.com/surah-taha-translation.html

Dr. R. Knapp

Nov 26, 2011, 8:22:59 AM11/26/11
On Nov 21, 9:46 am, arah <arah1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?

Simple, He wanted to, and finished the Job he wanted to do. No need
to tell you or get your permission as to what He we does or wants to
do, to you or anyone else, then there was no one He had to tell, He is
God, it is none of your business what God does, it is your Job to obey
God and that is everyday of every year, and YOU not God will report
what You have done of did not.

duke

Nov 26, 2011, 12:46:29 PM11/26/11
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 00:07:06 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Nov 22, 1:06 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> And what is your point?  There were no people around at creation.  It's a
>> statement centered in faith.  God worked 6 days then took a day off.  That's
>> man's way of putting it.  Or, in others words, God gave example for us to pause
>> for our own day off to worship our God.

>The bible were corrupted so Almight Creator send Al Quran to the last
>prophet to tell the truth.

But I heard that the koran is 10 times as corrupt as the bible.

FACE

Nov 30, 2011, 9:24:14 AM11/30/11
On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 00:07:06 -0800 (PST), in alt.religion.islam, arah
<arah...@gmail.com>, wrote

>On Nov 22, 1:06 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>>
>> And what is your point?  There were no people around at creation.  It's a
>> statement centered in faith.  God worked 6 days then took a day off.  That's
>> man's way of putting it.  Or, in others words, God gave example for us to pause
>> for our own day off to worship our God.
>
>The bible were corrupted so Almight Creator send Al Quran to the last
>prophet to tell the truth.

However, mr/ms arah can't say when it was "corrupted". Obviously it was
not by the time of the koran, since no verses say that it is corrupt and
numerous verses say it is "allah's" word -- which allah otherwise claims
is incorruptible and protected.

FACE

duke

Dec 1, 2011, 7:30:27 AM12/1/11
That should keep him/her quiet for a while.

ala

Dec 3, 2011, 1:59:09 PM12/3/11

"arah" <arah...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?

Tuesday evening was bad for him.

The better question is why it took him so long to build the universe if he
is so darn omnipotent

ala

Dec 3, 2011, 2:50:45 PM12/3/11

"duke" <duckg...@cox.net> wrote in message
> On Mon, 21 Nov 2011 06:46:39 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?
>
>>Deuteronomy 5:14 but the seventh day is a Sabbath to the LORD your
>>God. On it you shall not do any work, neither you, nor your son or
>>daughter, nor your manservant or maidservant, nor your ox, your donkey
>>or any of your animals, nor the alien within your gates, so that your
>>manservant and maidservant may rest, as you do.
>
> Because there were only 7 days and he wanted man's attention on the 7th
> day
> after working for 6 days.

Ok so 7 days for earth, but how many days did it take for Mars.

I think that if they want to terraform Mars, beer will be the first thing
they need to include

arah

Dec 11, 2011, 1:07:59 PM12/11/11
On Dec 1, 4:30 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> [...]

This is applicable for man and vertebrates but not for all the
creatures.

Also, this is not applicable for some components inside our bodies.

Example of Non-Resting creatures:

The heart does not rest at all.

The red cells, the white cells, the platelets do not rest at all.

Bacteria do not rest at all.

Fungi do not rest at all.

The Sun does not rest at all.

Now, the Question is:

How come that many creatures do not rest while the Almighty Creator
Rest?

It is the Quran which answered this question more than 1400 years ago.

Does the Lord rest? In the Quran:

Now let us go to the Quran to Rest the Lord's case in respect to the
question does the Lord Rest?

The Quran says: Rest assured, the Lord does not Rest and He never ever
Prepare your answer for that big day.

http://www.mikeadkins.com/authors/profdr-ibrahim-khalil/14726

arah

Dec 11, 2011, 1:10:40 PM12/11/11
On Nov 26, 9:46 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

> But I heard that the koran is 10 times as corrupt as the bible.

So please share, which verses were corrupted and which were not.

arah

Dec 11, 2011, 1:17:43 PM12/11/11
On Nov 26, 9:46 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 00:07:06 -0800 (PST), arah <arah1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 22, 1:06 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >> And what is your point?  There were no people around at creation.  It's a
> >> statement centered in faith.  God worked 6 days then took a day off.  That's
> >> man's way of putting it.  Or, in others words, God gave example for us to pause
> >> foQuran (Divine Book)

The Revelations of the Quran

According to Allah's statements in His Book, there were two distinct
revelations of the Quran which took place. It is important that these
two revelations be understood in order to clear up the apparent
contradictions in the various terms used in the Quran and Sunnah to
describe the Quran's revelation. On one hand, the Quran is referred to
as having been revealed in its totality in Ramadan or on Laylatul-
Qadr, the Night of Decree; while on the other hand, it is referred to
as having been continuously revealed in segments up until just before
the death of the Prophet (peace be upon him).

The First Revelation

Allah caused the Quran to descend from the Protected Tablet (al-Lawh
al-Mahfuth) on which it was written to the lowest heaven. In this
revelation all of the Quran was sent down at one time to a station in
the lowest heaven referred to as "Bayt al-'Izzah" (The House of Honor
or Power). The blessed night on which this descent took place is
called "Laylatul-Qadr" (The Night of Decree), one of the odd-numbered
nights in the last ten days of the month of Ramadan. Allah referred to
this initial revelation as follows:

"Haa Meem. By the Clear Book, verily, I revealed it in a blessed
night."[Noble Quran 44:1-3]

"Verily, I revealed it on the Night of Decree."[Noble Quran 97:1]

"The month of Ramadan in which I revealed the Quran as guidance to
mankind ..."[Noble Quran 2:185]

These verses have to refer to the initial revelation because it is a
known fact that the whole Quran was not revealed to Prophet Muhammad
(peace be upon him) on a single night in Ramadan. Ibn 'Abbas stated
that the Quran was first separated from its station in the upper
heavens and placed in Bayt al-'Izzah in the lowest heaven. One version
states that this took place on the Night of Decree in Ramadan. Had it
been Allah's wish, the Quran could then have been revealed as a whole
to the Prophet (peace be upon him) in a single revelation.

This was the method by which all of the earlier books of revelation
were sent down. But, Allah chose to divide the revelation into two
parts. The first revelation within the heavens represented an
announcement to the inhabitants of the heavens that the final book of
revelation was being sent down upon the last of the prophets.

From the lowest heaven sections of the Quran were then taken down by
the angel Jibril to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). This process
of revelation continued over the twenty-three years of his
prophethood. This revelation began with the first five verses of Surah
al-'Alaq. These verses were revealed to the Prophet (peace be upon
him) while he was on a spiritual retreat in the cave of Hira' near
Makkah. However, the first complete Surah to be revealed was Surah al-
Fatihah. The revelation of this portion of Quran marked the beginning
of the final phase of prophethood. The last Surah to be revealed was
Surah an-Nasr. This Surah was brought down in Mina during the Farewell
Hajj of the Prophet (peace be upon him), which took place at the end
of the tenth year after the Hijrah. According to Ibn 'Abbas, the last
verse to be revealed was verse 281 in Surah al-Baqarah, the last of a
series of verses dealing with interest. Allah has referred to the
second revelation in the following way:

"And (it is) a Quran which I have divided into parts in order that
you (Muhammad) may recite it to the people gradually, and I have
revealed it by successive revelation."
[Noble Quran 17:106]

Quran: Definition of the Term

The word "Quran," a verbal noun, is equivalent in meaning to
"qira'ah," as both come from the verb "qara'a" which means "to read."

That is, Quran literally means "a reading or reciting." However, the
term "Quran" has been historically used specifically to refer to the
book which was revealed to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him). The
term "Quran" is mentioned in a number of places throughout the book in
reference to itself. For example:

"Verily, this Quran guides (humanity) to that which is most
just."[Noble Quran 17:9]

The name Quran is used to refer to both the Quran as a whole, as in
the previously quoted verse; as well as to each verse or group of
verses, as in the following verse:

"And if the Quran is recited, you should listen to it and be silent,
that you may receive mercy."[Noble Quran 7:204]

The Book has also been referred to by other names; for example, the
Furqan (The Distinction):

"Blessed is He who revealed the Furqan to His slave in order that he
may be a warner to all the worlds."[Noble Quran 25:1]

and the Dhikr, (The Reminder):

"Verily, I revealed the Dhikr and verily I will preserve it."[Noble
Quran 15:9]

The Quran could be defined as Allah's words which were revealed in
Arabic in a rhythmical form to Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him).
Its recitation is used in acts of worship and its smallest chapter
(Surah) is of a miraculous nature.

The Prophet's divinely inspired statements which were recorded by his
followers are generally referred to as hadiths. For example, the
Prophet's companion (sahabi), 'Umar ibn al-Khattab, reported that he
once said, "Verily, deeds are (judged) by their intentions."

However, in some of his statements, the Prophet (peace be upon him)
attributed what he said to Allah; for example, another sahabi, Abu
Hurayrah, reported that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said, "Allah,
Most High, says, 'I am as My slave thinks of Me and I am with him when
he remembers me. So if he remembers Me to himself, I will remember him
to Myself and if he remembers Me in a group, I will remember him in a
better group.' "

In order to distinguish this type of hadith from the previous type, it
is referred to as hadith qudsi (sacred hadith) and the former referred
to as hadith nabawi (prophetic hadith).

The Quran, however, is not the same as hadith qudsi for a number of
reasons. First, the Quran is from Allah both in its wording and in its
meaning, while in the case of hadith qudsi, its meaning is from Allah
but its wording was the Prophet's (peace be upon him). Second, Allah
challenged the Arabs and mankind in general to produce even a chapter
equivalent to one of the Quran's chapters, and their inability to do
so proves its miraculous nature. This is not so in the case of hadith
qudsi. Third, the recitation of the Quran is used in salah and is
itself considered a form of worship. The Prophet (Peace be upon him)
said, "Whoever reads a letter from the book of Allah, the Most High,
will get a good deed (recorded for him), and each good deed is worth
ten times its value. I am not only saying that Alif Laam Meem is a
letter, but I am also saying that Alif is a letter, Laam is a letter,
and Meem is a letter."

However, the recitation of hadith qudsi carries none of these
properties.

The Main Theme of the Quran

Not only is the Quran unique among books today in its origin and
purity, but it is also unique in the way it presents its subject
matter.

It is not a book in the usual sense of the word wherein there is an
introduction, explanation of the subject, followed by a conclusion.
Neither is it restricted to only a presentation of historical events,
problems of philosophy, facts of science or social laws, though all
may be found woven together in it without any apparent connection and
links. Subjects are introduced without background information,
historical events are not presented in chronological order, new topics
sometimes crop up in the middle of another for no apparent reason, and
the speaker and those spoken to change direction without the slightest
forewarning.

The reader who is unaware of the Quran's uniqueness is often puzzled
when he finds it contrary to his understanding of a book in general
and a "religious" book in particular. Hence, the Quran may seem
disorganized and haphazard to him. However, to those who understand
its subject matter, aim and its central theme, the Quran is exactly
the opposite. The subject matter of the Quran is essentially man: man
in relation to his Lord and Creator, Allah; man in relation to
himself; and man in relation to the rest of creation. The aim and
object of the revelations is to invite man to the right way of dealing
with his Lord, with himself, and with creation. Hence, the main theme
that runs throughout the Quran is that God alone deserves worship and,
thus, man should submit to God's laws in his personal life and in his
relationships with creation in general. Or, in other words, the main
theme is a call to the belief in Allah and the doing of righteous
deeds as defined by Allah.

If the reader keeps these basic facts in mind, he will find that, from
beginning to end, the Quran's topics are all closely connected to its
main theme and that the whole book is a well-reasoned and cohesive
argument for its theme. The Quran keeps the same object in view,
whether it is describing the creation of man and the universe or
events from human history. Since the aim of the Quran is to guide man,
it states or discusses things only to the extent relevant to this aim
and leaves out unnecessary and irrelevant details. It also repeats its
main theme over and over again in the presentation of each new topic.

Continue reading...

http://allahsquran.com/quran_divine_book.php

duke

Dec 11, 2011, 4:41:26 PM12/11/11
Which bible verses were corrupted?

duke

Dec 11, 2011, 4:41:54 PM12/11/11

duke

Dec 11, 2011, 4:44:33 PM12/11/11
On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:07:59 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 1, 4:30 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>> That should keep him/her quiet for a while.
>

>The Bible says that: God had finished the work by the seventh day; so
>on the seventh day he rested, the seventh day is holy because on it
>God rested from all the work

Well, it's better to say that God's creation was completed in 6 days, and so he
rested.

>, The Lord rested on the seventh day and
>blessed it and made it holy, The Lord abstained from work and rested,
>On the seventh day God rested from all his work, the Lord our God rest
>upon us.

>Sciences say that many creatures do not rest at all e.g., the heart,
>the red cells, the white cells, the platelets, the Bacteria, the
>Fungi, the Sun etc.

That's right. Mankind alone has a choice to make.

>If you read the Quran to Rest the Lord's case in respect to the
>question does the Lord Rest? The Quran utters: Rest assured, the Lord
>does not Rest and He never ever Rest

It's a way of saying we give him one day a week.

You get the detail right, but you don't understand the meaning.

arah

Dec 12, 2011, 11:53:45 AM12/12/11
On Dec 11, 1:41 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sun, 11 Dec 2011 10:10:40 -0800 (PST), arah <arah1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Nov 26, 9:46 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >> But I heard that the koran is 10 times as corrupt as the bible.
> >So please share, which verses were corrupted and which were not.
>
> Which bible verses were corrupted?

"Any argument should be examined throughly before accepting or
rejecting its' claims. To do otherwise is to rely on the fickle
emotions of the heart even when they run contrary to all rationality."
- Shawn Smith

"For God is not the author of confusion, but of peace...." (1st
Corinthians 14:33 King James Version Bible)

"If the Christian feels that a logical discussion is more than we
should expect when considering religious matters, let him be
encouraged by the Biblical passage at Isaiah 1:16: " . . . come let us
reason together." - (Gary Miller Author of "Missionary Christianity -
A Muslim's Analysis")

"But intellectual bondages are harder to shatter; the slave himself
fights to retain them." - Ahmed Deedat

The Challenge

The question which I present before my reader is: "If I can show you
101 contradictions in the Bible will you listen to what I have to
say?" Will you agree to this challenge?. If so read on. If not, thank
you for reading this far.

The objective of this article is to present to the readers 101
contradictions in the Bible. In doing so I want to promote the idea
that many things which you may have always taken for granted as being
true, may not be necessarily so. If this is the case, then the
question arises "is there some source which can be utilized in order
to find the truth without us being presented with illogical
explanations and contradictions? I personally believe this reliable
source exists, but first I have to show you that the source which you
now depend upon, namely The Bible, is not reliable. I will challenge
the reliability of the Bible by demonstrating 101 of its'
contradictions. Now if someone were to give testimony in a court of
law and he or she were found to give 101 contradictory statements
under oath, the testimony of that person would be rejected. I think we
can all agree that this is only reasonable. Why not use the same
standard when judging the reliability of the statements of The Bible?

Let it be made clear right at the beginning, I have no desire to
offend anyone's religious convictions. We have a God given right to
believe what we want and I would never try to take that away from
anyone. Additionally, if someone is offended by this book then toss it
in the trash, or pass it on to someone else. The main thing I want you
to do is use your mind and don't be guided by emotions alone. God has
given you a brain, USE IT!!!

If you have read this far you must either be intrigued by this
challenge or you are one of those "Bible Thumpers" who is convinced
that I will never find contradictions in the Bible and if I do find
101 then there is an easy explanation for each one of them. He will be
quick to quote the verse from the Bible in 2 Timothy 3:16 where it
says:" All scripture is given by inspiration of God..." I like
explanations. I find people who argue that black is white and day is
night to be quite interesting. On this point Donald Morgan had this to
say in an article entitled "Introduction to the Bible and Biblical
Problems":

"While Biblicists are capable of offering some sort of explanation for
nearly any biblical problem that can be uncovered, such explanations
should be unnecessary. The point is not whether some explanation can
be conceived, but rather that a perfect and loving God certainly
could, should, and would do a much better job of it were he to have
anything to do with the writing of a book."

Let us begin. You will need a Bible to look up the references. But
which bible is your reference and why?

Please do not take my word for anything without confirming it with
sources.

Any argument should be examined throughly before accepting or
rejecting its' claims.

To do otherwise is to rely on the fickle emotions of the heart even
when they run contrary to all rationality.

Additionally, to many Christian readers who may be a bit intimidated
by the this booklet, they should remember that according to Acts
17:11,

Paul praised the Jews at Beroea because they "searched the scriptures
daily" in order to see if the things Paul was preaching to them "were
so". (Acts 17:11).

That's all I am asking you to do here - read the "scriptures" and see
if what the Church has been telling you is really "so".

As Isaiah 1:18 says: "Come now, let us reason together."

101 Clear Contradictions In The Bible
Contradiction #1
Who incited David to count the fighting men of Israel? (a) God did (2
Samuel 24:1) (b) Satan did (1 Chronicles 21:1).

Contradiction #2
In that count how many fighting men were found in Israel? (a) Eight
hundred thousand (2 Samuel 24:9). (b) One million, one hundred
thousand (1 Chronicles 21:5).

Contradiction #3
How many fighting men were found in Judah? (a) Five hundred thousand
(2 Samuel 24:9). (b) Four hundred and seventy thousand (1 Chronicles
21:5).

Contradiction #4
God sent his prophet to threaten David with how many years of famine?
(a) Seven (2 Samuel 24:13). (b) Three (1 Chronicles 21:12).

Contradiction #5
How old was Ahaziah when he began to rule over Jerusalem? (a) Twenty-
two (2 Kings 8:26). (b) Forty-two (2 Chronicles 22:2).

Contradiction #6
How old was Jehoiachin when he became king of Jerusalem? (a) Eighteen
(2 Kings 24:8). (b) Eight (2 Chronicles 36:9).

Contradiction #7
How long did he rule over Jerusalem? (a) Three months (2 Kings 24:8).
(b) Three months and ten days (2 Chronicles 36:9).

Contradiction #8
The chief of the mighty men of David lifted up his spear and killed
how many men at one time? (a) Eight hundred (2 Samuel 23:8). (b) Three
hundred (1 Chronicles 11:11).

Contradiction #9
When did David bring the Ark of the Covenant to Jerusalem? Before
defeating the Philistines or after? (a) After (2 Samuel 5 and 6). (b)
Before (1 Chronicles 13 and 14).

Contradiction #10
How many pairs of clean animals did God tell Noah to take into the
Ark? (a) Two (Genesis 6:19, 20). (b) Seven (Genesis 7:2). But despite
this last instruction only two pairs went into the ark (Genesis 7:8,
9).

Contradiction #11
When David defeated the King of Zobah, how many horsemen did he
capture? (a) One thousand and seven hundred (2 Samuel 8:4). (b) Seven
thousand (1 Chronicles 18:4).

Contradiction #12
How many stalls for horses did Solomon have? (a) Forty thousand (1
Kings 4:26). (b) Four thousand (2 chronicles 9:25).

Contradiction #13
In what year of King Asa's reign did Baasha, King of Israel die? (a)
Twenty-sixth year (1 Kings 15:33 - 16:8). (b) Still alive in the
thirty-sixth year (2 Chronicles 16:1).

Contradiction #14
How many overseers did Solomon appoint for the work of building the
temple? (a) Three thousand six hundred (2 Chronicles 2:2) (b) Three
thousand three hundred (1 Kings 5:16).

Contradiction #15
Solomon built a facility containing how many baths? (a) Two thousand
(1 Kings 7:26). (b) Over three thousand (2 Chronicles 4:5).

Contradiction #16
Of the Israelites who were freed from the Babylonian captivity, how
many were the children of Pahrath-Moab? (a) Two thousand eight hundred
and twelve (Ezra 2:6). (b) Two thousand eight hundred and eighteen
(Nehemiah 7:11).

Contradiction #17
How many were the children of Zattu? (a) Nine hundred and forty-five
(Ezra 2:8) (b) Eight hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:13).

Contradiction #18
How many were the children of Azgad? (a) One thousand two hundred and
twenty-two (Ezra 2:12). (b) Two thousand three hundred and twenty-two
(Nehemiah 7:17). Contradiction #19
How many were the children of Adin? (a) Four hundred and fifty-four
(Ezra 2:15). (b) Six hundred and fifty-five (Nehemiah 7:20).

Contradiction #20
How many were the children of Hashum? (a) Two hundred and twenty-three
(Ezra 2:19). (b) Three hundred and twenty-eight (Nehemiah 7:22).

Contradiction #21
How many were the children of Bethel and Ai? (a) Two hundred and
twenty-three (Ezra 2:28). (b) One hundred and twenty-three (Nehemiah
7:32).

Contradiction #22
Ezra 2:64 and Nehemiah 7:66 agree that the total number of the whole
assembly was 42,360. Yet the numbers do not add up to anything close.
The totals obtained from each book is as follows: (a) 29,818 (Ezra).
(b) 31, 089 (Nehemiah).

Contradiction #23
How many singers accompanied the assembly? (a) Two hundred (Ezra
2:65). (b) Two hundred and forty-five (Nehemiah 7:67).

Contradiction #24
What was the name of King Abijah's mother? (a) Michaiah, daughter of
Uriel of Gibeah (2 Chronicles 13:2). (b) Maachah, daughter of Absalom
(2 Chronicles 11:20). But Absalom had only one daughter whose name was
Tamar (2 Samuel 14:27).

Contradiction #25
Did Joshua and the Israelites capture Jerusalem? (a) Yes (Joshua
10:23, 40). (b) No (Joshua 15:63).

Contradiction #26
Who was the father of Joseph, husband of Mary? (a) Jacob (Matthew
1:16). (b) Heli (Luke 3:23).

Contradiction #27
Jesus descended from which son of David? (a) Solomon (Matthew 1:6).
(b) Nathan (Luke 3:31).

Contradiction #28
Who was the father of Shealtiel? (a) Jechoniah (Matthew 1:12). (b)
Neri (Luke 3:27).

Contradiction #29
Which son of Zerubbabel was an ancestor of Jesus Christ? (a) Abiud
(Matthew 1:13). (b) Rhesa (Luke 3:27). But the seven sons of
Zerubbabel are as follows: I. Meshullam, ii. Hananiah, iii. Hashubah,
iv. Ohel, v. Berechiah, vi. Hasadiah, viii. Jushabhesed (1 Chronicles
3:19, 20). The names Abiud and Rhesa do not fit in anywhere.

Contradiction #30
Who was the father of Uzziah? (a) Joram (Matthew 1:8). (b) Amaziah (2
Chronicles 26:1).

Contradiction #31
Who as the father of Jechoniah? (a) Josiah (Matthew 1:11). (b)
Jehoiakim (1 Chronicles 3:16).

Contradiction #32
How many generations were there from the Babylonian exile until
Christ? (a) Matthew says fourteen (Matthew 1:17). (b) But a careful
count of the generations reveals only thirteen (see Matthew 1:12-16).

Contradiction #33
Who was the father of Shelah? (a) Cainan (Luke 3:35-36). (b) Arphaxad
(Genesis 11:12).

Contradiction #34
Was John the Baptist Elijah who was to come? (a) Yes (Matthew 11:14,
17:10-13). (b) No (John 1:19-21).

Contradiction #35
Would Jesus inherit David's throne? (a) Yes. So said the angel (Luke
1:32). (b) No, since he is a descendant of Jehoiakim (see Matthew
1:11, 1 Chronicles 3:16). And Jehoiakim was cursed by God so that none
of his descendants can sit upon David's throne (Jeremiah 36:30).

Contradiction #36
Jesus rode into Jerusalem on how many animals? (a) One - a colt (Mark
11:7; cf. Luke 19:35). And they brought the colt to Jesus and threw
their garments on it; and he sat upon it." (b) Two - a colt and an ass
(Matthew 21:7). They brought the ass and the colt and put their
garments on them and he sat thereon."

Contradiction #37
How did Simon Peter find out that Jesus was the Christ? (a) By a
revelation from heaven (Matthew16:17). (b) His brother Andrew told him
(John 1:41).

Contradiction #38
Where did Jesus first meet Simon Peter and Andrew? (a) By the sea of
Galilee (Matthew 4:18-22). (b) On the banks of river Jordan (John
1:42). After that, Jesus decided to go to Galilee (John 1:43).

Contradiction #39
When Jesus met Jairus was Jairus' daughter already dead? (a) Yes.
Matthew 9:18 quotes him as saying, "My daughter has just died." (b)
No. Mark 5:23 quotes him as saying, "My little daughter is at the
point of death."

Contradiction #40
Did Jesus allow his disciples to keep a staff on their journey? (a)
Yes (Mark 6:8). (b) No (Matthew 10:9; Luke 9:3).

Contradiction #41
Did Herod think that Jesus was John the baptist? (a) Yes (Matthew
14:2; Mark 6:16). (b) No (Luke 9:9)

Contradiction #42
Did John the Baptist recognise Jesus before his baptism? (a) Yes
(Matthew 3:13-14). (b) No (John 1:32, 33).

Contradiction #43
Did John the Baptist recognize Jesus after his baptism? (a) Yes (John
1:32, 33). (b) No (Matthew 11:2).

Contradiction #44
According to the Gospel of John, what did Jesus say about bearing his
own witness? (a) "If I bear witness to myself, my testimony is not
true"(John 5:31). (b) "Even if I do bear witness to myself, my
testimony is true" (John 8:14).

Contradiction #45
When Jesus entered Jerusalem did he cleanse the temple that same day?
(a) Yes (Matthew 21:12). (b) No. He went into the temple and looked
around, but since it was very late he did nothing. Instead, he went to
Bethany to spend the night and returned the next morning to cleanse
the temple (Mark 11:1-17).

Contradiction #46
The Gospels say that Jesus cursed a fig tree. Did the tree wither at
once? (a) Yes. (Matthew 21:19). (b) No. It withered overnight (Mark
11:20).

Contradiction #47
Did Judas kiss Jesus? (a) Yes (Matthew 26:48-50). (b) No. Judas could
not get close enough to Jesus to kiss him (John 18:3-12).

Contradiction #48
What did Jesus say about Peter's denial? (a) "The cock will not crow
till you have denied me three times" (John 13:38). (b) "Before the
cock crows twice you will deny me three times" (Mark 14:30). When the
cock crowed once, the three denials were not yet complete (see Mark
14:72). Therefore prediction (a) failed.

Contradiction #49
Did Jesus bear his own cross? (a) Yes (John 19:17). (b) No (Matthew
27:31-32).

Contradiction #50
Did Jesus die before the curtain of the temple was torn? (a) Yes
(Matthew 27:50-51; Mark 15:37-38). (b) No. After the curtain was torn,
then Jesus crying with a loud voice, said, "Father, into thy hands I
commit my spirit!" And having said this he breathed his last (Luke
23:45-46).

Contradiction #51
Did Jesus say anything secretly? (a) No. "I have said nothing
secretly" (John 18:20). (b) Yes. "He did not speak to them without a
parable, but privately to his own disciples he explained
everything" (Mark 4:34). The disciples asked him "Why do you speak to
them in parables?" He said, "To you it has been given to know the
secrets of the kingdom of heaven, but to them it has not been
given" (Matthew 13:10-11).

Contradiction #52
Where was Jesus at the sixth hour on the day of the crucifixion? (a)
On the cross (Mark 15:23). (b) In Pilate's court (John 19:14).

Contradiction #53
The gospels say that two thieves were crucified along with Jesus. Did
both thieves mock Jesus? (a) Yes (Mark 15:32). (b) No. One of them
mocked Jesus, the other defended Jesus (Luke 23:43).

Contradiction #54
Did Jesus ascend to Paradise the same day of the crucifixion? (a) Yes.
He said to the thief who defended him, "Today you will be with me in
Paradise" (Luke 23:43). (b) No. He said to Mary Magdelene two days
later, "I have not yet ascended to the Father" (John 20:17).

Contradiction #55
When Paul was on the road to Damascus he saw a light and heard a
voice. Did those who were with him hear the voice? (a) Yes (Acts 9:7).
(b) No (Acts 22:9).

Contradiction #56
When Paul saw the light he fell to the ground. Did his traveling
companions also fall to the ground? (a) Yes (Acts 26:14). (b) No (Acts
9:7).

Contradiction #57
Did the voice spell out on the spot what Paul's duties were to be? (a)
Yes (Acts 26:16-18). (b) No. The voice commanded Paul to go into the
city of Damascus and there he will be told what he must do. (Acts 9:7;
22:10).

Contradiction #58
When the Israelites dwelt in Shittin they committed adultery with the
daughters of Moab. God struck them with a plague. How many people died
in that plague? (a) Twenty-four thousand (Numbers 25:1 and 9). (b)
Twenty-three thousand (1 Corinthians 10:8).

Contradiction #59
How many members of the house of Jacob came to Egypt? (a) Seventy
souls (Genesis 46:27). (b) Seventy-five souls (Acts 7:14).

Contradiction #60
What did Judas do with the blood money he received for betraying
Jesus? (a) He bought a field (Acts 1:18). (b) He threw all of it into
the temple and went away. The priests could not put the blood money
into the temple treasury, so they used it to buy a field to bury
strangers (Matthew 27:5).

Contradiction #61
How did Judas die? (a) After he threw the money into the temple he
went away and hanged himself (Matthew 27:5). (b) After he bought the
field with the price of his evil deed he fell headlong and burst open
in the middle and all his bowels gushed out (Acts 1:18).

Contradiction #62
Why is the field called "Field of Blood"? (a) Because the priests
bought it with the blood money (Matthew 27:8). (b) Because of the
bloody death of Judas therein (Acts 1:19).

Contradiction #63
Who is a ransom for whom? (a) "The Son of Man came . . . to give his
life as a ransom for many" (Mark 10:45). " . . . Christ Jesus who gave
himself as a ransom for all . . . " (1 Timothy 2:5-6). (b) "The wicked
is a ransom for the righteous, and the faithless for the
upright" (Proverbs 21:18).

Contradiction #64
Is the law of Moses useful? (a) Yes. "All scripture is . . .
profitable . . ." (2 Timothy 3:16). (b) No. ". . . A former
commandment is set aside because of its weakness and uselessness . . .
" (Hebrews 7:18).

Contradiction #65
What was the exact wording on the cross? (a) "This is Jesus the King
of the Jews" (Matthew 27:37). (b) "The King of the Jews" (Mark 15:26)
(c) "This is the King of the Jews" (Luke 23:38). (d) "Jesus of
Nazareth, the King of the Jews" (John 19:19).

Contradiction #66
Did Herod want to kill John the Baptist? (a) Yes (Matthew 14:5). (b)
No. It was Herodias, the wife of Herod who wanted to kill him. But
Herod knew that he was a righteous man and kept him safe (Mark 6:20).

Contradiction #67
Who was the tenth disciple of Jesus in the list of twelve? (a)
Thaddaeus (Matthew 10:1-4; Mark 3:13-19). (b) Judas son of James is
the corresponding name in Luke's gospel (Luke 6:12-16).

Contradiction #68
Jesus saw a man sitting at the tax collector's office and called him
to be his disciple. What was his name? (a) Matthew (Matthew 9:9). (b)
Levi (Mark 2:14; Luke 5:27).

Contradiction #69
Was Jesus crucified on the daytime before the Passover meal or the
daytime after? (a) After (Mark 14:12-17). (b) Before. Before the feast
of the Passover (John 13:1) Judas went out at night (John 13:30). The
other disciples thought he was going out to buy supplies to prepare
for the Passover meal (John 13:29). When Jesus was arrested, the Jews
did not enter Pilate's judgement hall because they wanted to stay
clean to eat the Passover (John 18:28). When the judgement was
pronounced against Jesus, it was about the sixth hour on the day of
Preparation for the Passover (John 19:14).

Contradiction #70
Did Jesus pray to The Father to prevent the crucifixion? (a) Yes.
(Matthew 26:39; Mark 14:36; Luke 22:42). (b) No. (John 12:27).

Contradiction #71
In the gospels which say that Jesus prayed to avoid the cross, how
many times did he move away from his disciples to pray? (a) Three
(Matthew 26:36-46 and Mark 14:32-42). (b) One. No opening is left for
another two times. (Luke 22:39-46).

Contradiction #72
Matthew and Mark agree that Jesus went away and prayed three times.
What were the words of the second prayer? (a) Mark does not give the
words but he says that the words were the same as the first prayer
(Mark 14:39). (b) Matthew gives us the words, and we can see that they
are not the same as in the first (Matthew 26:42).

Contradiction #73
What did the centurion say when Jesus dies? (a) "Certainly this man
was innocent" (Luke 23:47). (b) "Truly this man was the Son of
God" (Mark 15:39).

Contradiction #74
When Jesus said "My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" in what
language did he speak? (a) Hebrew: the words are "Eli, Eli . . .
" (Matthew 27:46). (b) Aramaic: the words are "Eloi, Eloi . . .
" (Mark 15:34).

Contradiction #75
According to the gospels, what were the last words of Jesus before he
died? (a) "Father, into thy hands I commit my spirit!" (Luke 23:46).
(b) "It is finished" (John 19:30).

Contradiction #76
When Jesus entered Capernaum he healed the slave of a centurion. Did
the centurion come personally to request Jesus for this? (a) Yes
(Matthew 8:5). (b) No. He sent some elders of the Jews and his friends
(Luke 7:3, 6).

Contradiction #77
(a) Adam was told that if and when he eats the forbidden fruit he
would die the same day (Genesis 2:17). (b) Adam ate the fruit and went
on to live to a ripe old age of 930 years (Genesis 5:5).

Contradiction #78
(a) God decided that the life-span of humans will be limited to 120
years (Genesis 6:3). (b) Many people born after that lived longer than
120. Arpachshad lived 438 years. His son Shelah lived 433 years. His
son Eber lived 464 years, etc. (Genesis 11:12-16).

Contradiction #79
Apart from Jesus did anyone else ascend to heaven? (a) No (John 3:13).
(b) Yes. "And Elijah went up by a whirlwind into heaven" (2 Kings
2:11).

Contradiction #80
Who was high priest when David went into the house of God and ate the
consecrated bread? (a) Abiathar (Mark 2:26). (b) Ahimelech, the father
of Abiathar (1 Samuel 21:1; 22:20).

Contradiction #81
Was Jesus' body wrapped in spices before burial in accordance with
Jewish burial customs? (a) Yes and his female disciples witnessed his
burial (John 19:39-40). (b) No. Jesus was simply wrapped in a linen
shroud. Then the women bought and prepared spices "so that they may go
and anoint him [Jesus]" (Mark 16:1).

Contradiction #82
When did the women buy the spices? (a) After "the sabbath was
past" (Mark 16:1). (b) Before the sabbath. The women "prepared spices
and ointments." Then, "on the Sabbath they rested according to the
commandment" (Luke 23:55 to 24:1).

Contradiction #83
At what time of day did the women visit the tomb? (a) "Toward the
dawn" (Matthew 28:1). (b) "When the sun had risen" (Mark 16:2).

Contradiction #84
What was the purpose for which the women went to the tomb? (a) To
anoint Jesus' body with spices (Mark 16:1;Luke 23:55 to 24:1). (b) To
see the tomb. Nothing about spices here (Matthew 28:1). For no
specified reason. In this gospel the wrapping with spices had been
done before the sabbath (John 20:1).

Contradiction #85
A large stone was placed at the entrance of the tomb. Where was the
stone when the women arrived? (a) They saw that the stone was "Rolled
back" (Mark 16:4). They found the stone "rolled away from the
tomb" (Luke 24:2). They saw that "the stone had been taken away from
the tomb" (John 20:1) (b) As the women approached, an angel descended
from heaven, rolled away the stone, and conversed with the women.
Matthew made the women witness the spectacular rolling away of the
stone (Matthew 28:1-6).

Contradiction #86
Did anyone tell the women what happened to Jesus' body? (a) Yes. "A
young man in a white robe" (Mark 16:5). "Two men . . . in dazzling
apparel" later described as angels (Luke 24:4 and 24:23). An angel -
the one who rolled back the stone (Matthew 16:2). In each case the
women were told that Jesus had risen from the dead (Matthew 28:7; Mark
16:6; Luke 24:5 footnote). (b) No. Mary met no one and returned
saying, "They have taken the Lord out of the tomb, and we do not know
where they have laid him" (John 20:2).

Contradiction #87
When did Mary Magdelene first meet the resurrected Jesus? And how did
she react? (a) Mary and the other women met Jesus on their way back
from their first and only visit to the tomb. They took hold of his
feet and worshiped him (Matthew 28:9). (b) On her second visit to the
tomb Mary met Jesus just outside the tomb. When she saw Jesus she did
not recognize him. She mistook him for the gardener. She still thinks
that Jesus' body is laid to rest somewhere and she demands to know
where. But when Jesus said her name she at once recognized him and
called him "Teacher." Jesus said to her, "Do not hold me . . . " (John
20:11 to 17).

Contradiction #88
What was Jesus' instruction for his disciples? (a) "Tell my brethren
to go to Galilee, and there they will see me" (Matthew 28:10). (b) "Go
to my brethren and say to them, I am ascending to my Father and your
Father, to my God and your God" (John 20:17).

Contradiction #89
When did the disciples return to Galilee? (a) Immediately, because
when they saw Jesus in Galilee "some doubted" (Matthew 28:17). This
period of uncertainty should not persist. (b) After at least 40 days.
That evening the disciples were still in Jerusalem (Luke 24:33). Jesus
appeared to them there and told them, "stay in the city until you are
clothed with power from on high" (Luke 24:49). He was appearing to
them "during forty days" (Acts 1:3), and "charged them not to depart
from Jerusalem, but to wait for the promise . . . "(Acts 1:4).

Contradiction #90
To whom did the Midianites sell Joseph? (a) "To the
Ishmaelites" (Genesis 37:28). (b) "To Potiphar, an officer of
Pharoah" (Genesis 37:36).

Contradiction #91
Who brought Joseph to Egypt? (a) The Ishmaelites bought Joseph and
then "took Joseph to Egypt" (Genesis 37:28). (b) "The Midianites had
sold him in Egypt" (Genesis 37:36). Joseph said to his brothers "I am
your brother, Joseph, whom you sold into Egypt" (Genesis 45:4).

Contradiction #92
Does God change his mind? (a) Yes. The word of the Lord came to
Samuel: "I repent that I have made Saul King . . ." (1 Samuel 15:10 to
11). (b) No. God "will not lie or repent; for he is not a man, that he
should repent" (1 Samuel 15:29). (c) Yes. "And the Lord repented that
he had made Saul King over Israel" (1 Samuel 15:35). Notice that the
above three quotes are all from the same chapter of the same book! In
addition, the Bible shows that God repented on several other
occasions: I. The Lord was sorry that he made man" (Genesis 6:6). " I
am sorry that I have made them" (Genesis 6:7) ii."And the Lord
repented of the evil which he thought to do to his people" (Exodus
32:14) iii.(Lots of other such references).

Contradiction #93
The Bible says that for each miracle Moses and Aaron demonstrated the
same by their secret arts. Then comes the following feat: (a) Moses
and Aaron converted all the available water into blood (Exodus
7:20-21). (b) The magicians did the same (Exodus 7:22). This is
impossible, since there would have been no water left to convert into
blood.

Contradiction #94
Who killed Goliath? (a) David (1 Samuel 17:23, 50). (b) Elhanan (2
Samuel 21:19).

Contradiction #95
Who killed Saul? (a) "Saul took his own sword and fell upon it. . . .
Thus Saul died... (1 Samuel 31:4-6). (b) An Amalekite slew him (2
Samuel 1:1-16).

Contradiction #96
Does every man sin? (a) Yes. "There is no man who does not sin" (1
Kings 8:46; see also 2 Chronicles 6:36; Proverbs 20:9; Ecclesiastes
7:20; and 1 John 1:8-10). (b) No. True Christians cannot possibly sin,
because they are the children of God.

Every one who believes that Jesus is the Christ is a child of God . .
(1 John 5:1). "We should be called children of God; and so we are" (1
John 3:1). "He who loves is born of God" (1 John 4:7). "No one born of
God commits sin; for God's nature abides in him, and he cannot sin
because he is born of God" (1 John 3:9). But, then again, Yes! "If we
say we have no sin we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in
us" (1 John 1:8).

Contradiction #97
Who will bear whose burden? (a) "Bear one another's burdens, and so
fulfil the law of Christ" (Galatians 6:2). (b) "Each man will have to
bear his own load" (Galatians 6:5).

Contradiction #98
How many disciples did Jesus appear to after his resurrection? (a)
Twelve (1 Corinthians 15:5). (b) Eleven (Matthew 27:3-5 and Acts
1:9-26, see also Matthew 28:16; Mark 16:14 footnote; Luke 24:9; Luke
24:33).

Contradiction #99
Where was Jesus three days after his baptism? (a) After his baptism,
"the spirit immediately drove him out into the wilderness. And he was
in the wilderness forty days . . . (Mark 1:12-13). (b) Next day after
the baptism, Jesus selected two disciples. Second day: Jesus went to
Galilee — two more disciples. Third day: Jesus was at a wedding feast
in Cana in Galilee (see John 1:35; 1:43; 2:1-11).

Contradiction #100
Was baby Jesus's life threatened in Jerusalem? (a) Yes, so Joseph fled
with him to Egypt and stayed there until Herod died (Matthew 2:13 -
23). (b) No. The family fled nowhere. They calmly presented the child
at the Jerusalem temple according to the Jewish customs and returned
to Galilee (Luke 2:21-40).

Contradiction #101
When Jesus walked on water how did the disciples respond? (a) They
worshiped him, saying, "Truly you are the Son of God" (Matthew 14:33).
(b) "They were utterly astounded, for they did not understand about
the loaves, but their hearts were hardened" (Mark 6:51-52).

Conclusion: What I want to say
As I asked earlier, "If I can show you 101 contradictions in the Bible
would you agree to listen to what I have to say?" I have presented the
contradictions before you now the following is what I have to say. I
promise not to be long-winded.

I mentioned earlier that I believe there is a source we can turn to
where we can find the truth and know what God wants for us. The late
Amed Deedat, a self-taught scholar of the Bible, had this to say in is
little booklet "Is The Bible God's Word?":

How do we know that a book claimed to be from God is really the Book
of God. One of the tests, is - the message emanating from an
Omniscient (all knowing) Being MUST be consistent with itself. It
ought to be free from all discrepancies and contradictions. (Pg.34)

Do you think that this a fair statement, the idea that something from
God will not contain any contradictions? I think we can all agree that
this is a fair statement. Given what Mr. Deedat has provided us with
as an acid test as to the truth of a book which claims to be from God,
let us now turn to the Holy Quran, the book Muslims claim is the word
of God, and see what it has to say:

Do they not ponder over the Quran? Had it been from any other than
God, surely there would have been many contradictions in it. (Quran
Chapter 4:82)

Perhaps many of my readers have doubts that the Quran is the word of
God. In this verse the reader is being admonished to consider the
Quran by giving close attention to it , and to verify if our doubts
are genuine and whether it is from God or not. We are asked to verify
the authenticity of the words of the Holy Quran with a simple test -
if it is from other than God there will many be discrepancies in it.

So now the responsibility is on us to take up this challenge and see
if the Quran is from God or not. Now the "Bible Thumper" will of
course be quick to attack the Quran even if he has not read it. But
the fulfillment of this challenge necessitates that we actually pick
the book up and read it. But not only read it but study and examine it
with great care. Are you willing to take up this challenge, to read
the Quran and see if there are any contradictions in it, or are you so
unsure that you may not find the answer you are looking for that you
will not bother trying at all? Go ahead, pick up the Quran today and
see what it has to say. I think you will be very surprised by what you
find. What do you possibly have to lose by taking up my challenge? You
may even learn something new which is always exciting.

May God in his infinite mercy guide us all to the truth.
http://www.islamawareness.net/

duke

Dec 12, 2011, 2:13:20 PM12/12/11
On Mon, 12 Dec 2011 08:53:45 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 11, 1:41 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

>> >So please share, which verses were corrupted and which were not.
>>
>> Which bible verses were corrupted?

>The Challenge
>The question which I present before my reader is: "If I can show you
>101 contradictions in the Bible will you listen to what I have to
>say?" Will you agree to this challenge?. If so read on. If not, thank
>you for reading this far.

God's revelation to us regarding the salvation of our soul is without challenge.

The rest of the bible is war stories by men.

arah

Dec 13, 2011, 11:41:30 AM12/13/11
On Dec 12, 11:13 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
.

> God's revelation to us regarding the salvation of our soul is without challenge.
>
> The rest of the bible is war stories by men.

So you acknowledge now that the bible is corrupted and stories by man
not by Almighty Creator

Quran (Divine Book)

The Revelations of the Quran
Dr. Abu Ameenah Bilal Philips
Significance of the Quran's Preservation

Allah promised in the Quran that He would take on the responsibility
of protecting His final word from loss. He said, "Verily I have
revealed the Reminder (Quran), and verily I shall preserve it." (Surah
al-Hijr (15):9)

Thus, the Quran has been preserved in both the oral as well as written
form in a way no other religious book in history has.

Why did Allah preserve the Quran and allow His earlier books of divine
revelation to be changed or lost?

The answer to that question lies in the following three facts:

The earlier prophets and their books were sent to a particular people
in particular periods of history. Once the period ended, a new prophet
was sent with a new book to replace the previous book. So, it was not
necessary that these books be preserved by Allah. The preservation of
the earlier books was left up to the people as a test for them. Thus,
when the people went astray, they changed what was written in the
books which their prophets brought in order to make allowable the
things which were forbidden to them. In that way, all of the earlier
books of revelation became either changed or lost.

Prophet Muhammad (peace be upon him) was the last prophet whom Allah
sent, and he was not sent to a particular people or a particular time.
He was sent to all of mankind until the end of the world. Allah said
in the Quran,

"I have only sent you (Muhammad) as a giver of glad tidings and a
warner to all mankind, but most men do not understand."[Noble Quran
34:28]

Thus, his book of revelation, the Quran, had to be specially preserved
from any form of change or loss so that it would be available to all
the generations of man until the last day of the world.

The Quran was the main miracle given to Prophet Muhammad (peace be
upon him) to prove that he was a true prophet of Allah and not an
imposter. So, the Quran had to be saved to prove to the later
generations that Muhammad (peace be upon him) was really the last
prophet of Allah. All of the false prophets who came after Prophet
Muhammad (peace be upon him) brought books which they claimed to be
revealed from Allah, but none of them have the miraculous ability to
be memorized by thousands, nor have they improved on the message of
the Quran. The significance of the Quran's preservation is that Islam
has been kept in its original purity because of it. Humanity can
always return to the sources of Islam no matter what people may have
added or forgotten in time. All of the essential principles of Islam
are to be found in the Quran. Consequently, the preservation of the
Quran meant the preservation of Islam in its final form. The loss of
the Gospel of Jesus means that Christians can never return to the true
teachings of Prophet Jesus except by accepting Islam. Similarly, the
original Torah was lost when Solomon's Temple in Jerusalem was
destroyed by the Babylonians. Thus, the Jews cannot return to the pure
teachings of Prophet Moses except by following Islam. It is only in
Islam that the pure teachings of the prophets have been preserved
without any change. That is why Allah said in the Quran,

"Verily, the only acceptable religion to Allah is Islam."
[Noble Quran 3:19]

Some of the Magnificent Characteristics of the Quran

Allah has described the Noble Quran with a number of magnificent
characteristics of which Ibn Qudamah mentioned eight in points 27 - 30
of Lum'atul-I'tiqad.

They are as follows:

That it is clear (mubin) and makes clear the laws and reports which
it contains.

That it is Allah's firm rope (Hablullah), that is, it is the solid
contract which Allah made a reason for reaching Himself and the
attainment of success by His Grace.

That it consists of distinct chapters (muhkamat), each distinct from
the other, perfected and preserved from any flaws or contradictions.

That it consists of clear verses (ayat bayyinat) which are clear and
obvious signs indicating Allah's unique unity, the perfection of His
attributes, and the goodness of His laws.

That it contains clear and obscure verses (ayat muhkamat wa
mutashabihat); the clear being that whose meaning is clear and the
obscure being those whose meaning is hidden. And this does not
contradict point number three above because the clarity there refers
to perfection and protection from flaws and contradiction, while here
it refers to clarity of meaning. If the obscure is referred back to
the clear, all of it will become clear.

That it is the truth (haqq) that cannot be affected by falsehood from
any direction.

That it is free from its description by the disbelievers as being
poetry, magic or human speech.

That it is a miracle that no one can imitate even with the help of
others.

http://allahsquran.com/quran_divine_book.php

arah

Dec 13, 2011, 12:09:23 PM12/13/11

WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE OF LIFE?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hBTykj6D9ss
> revealed the Reminder (Quran), and verily I shall preserve it." ...
>
> read more »

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Dec 13, 2011, 8:29:56 PM12/13/11
Shorter Westminster Catechism

Question 1: What is the chief end of man?
Answer: Man's chief end is to glorify God, and to enjoy him forever.

http://www.wts.edu/resources/creeds/shorterchatechism.html

duke

Dec 14, 2011, 8:28:40 AM12/14/11
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 09:09:23 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>WHAT IS YOUR PURPOSE OF LIFE?

To love one another as Jesus loved us and thus to attain eternal life.

What's yours?

duke

Dec 14, 2011, 12:59:45 PM12/14/11
On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:41:30 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Dec 12, 11:13 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>.
>>
>> God's revelation to us regarding the salvation of our soul is without challenge.
>>
>> The rest of the bible is war stories by men.
>So you acknowledge now that the bible is corrupted and stories by man
>not by Almighty Creator

Of course not. There is nothing is the koran, unlike the bible, about salvation
of the soul. That's makes the koran 100% corrupt.

arah

Dec 15, 2011, 1:43:08 PM12/15/11
Is that the best answer we can get from someone who is a DR ?

arah

Dec 15, 2011, 1:40:53 PM12/15/11
On Nov 21, 8:22 am, jwsheffi...@satx.rr.com wrote:
> On Nov 21, 8:46 am, arah <arah1...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> "Why God in the bible rest after the sixth day?"

What you sent have nothing to do with Jesus but the false teaching of
Paul.

arah

Dec 15, 2011, 2:03:22 PM12/15/11
On Nov 30, 6:24 am, FACE <AFaceInTheCr...@today.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 24 Nov 2011 00:07:06 -0800 (PST),  in alt.religion.islam,  arah
> <arah1...@gmail.com>, wrote
1- Isaiah 65 and 66, the future of Israel, and the cursed ones who
eat pork:

Note: We Muslims don't believe that the Bible, in its entirety, is
the Pure and True Word of GOD Almighty, nor is it the original Word of
GOD Almighty. This is also the view of the Bible's own theologians
themselves. Please keep this in mind as you read this article.
http://www.answering-christianity.com/authors_gospels.htm

Isaiah 65:

Now, in regards to Isaiah 65, this chapter speaks about future
Prophecies and Promises that GOD Almighty is making for the future of
the people of Israel. So, this is not a book that is just giving mere
commands. It is rather speaking about the future and the End of
Times. Interestingly, we read the following from this chapter (click
on the link to read the entire short chapter):

"3They keep making me angry by sneering at me, while offering
sacrifices to idols in gardens and burning incense to them on bricks.
4They spend their nights hiding in burial caves; they eat the meat of
pigs, cooked in sauces made of stuff unfit to eat. 5And then they say
to others, "Don't come near us! We're dedicated to God." Such people
are like smoke, irritating my nose all day." (CEV Bible, Isaiah
65:3-5)

Here we see that the pork eaters are so detested by GOD Almighty that
He likened them to smoke irritating His Nose all day. This is a very
powerful statement regarding eating pork and how detestable it is to
GOD Almighty in the Bible. We further read in this chapter:

"12Your luck will end! I will see to it that you are slaughtered with
swords. You refused to answer when I called out; you paid no attention
to my instructions. Instead, you did what I hated, knowing it was
wrong." (CEV Bible, Isaiah 65:12)

Again, here we see GOD Almighty supposedly affirming that eating pig's
meat is something he hates. We further read in this chapter:

"15I, the LORD God, promise to see that you are killed and that my
chosen servants use your names as curse words. But I will give new
names to my servants. 16I am God! I can be trusted. Your past troubles
are gone; I no longer think of them. When you pray for someone to
receive a blessing, or when you make a promise, you must do it in my
name. I alone am the God who can be trusted." (CEV Bible, Isaiah
65:15-16)

Christians pray to Jesus and seek Jesus, a mere creation of GOD
Almighty, for blessings, forgiveness, guidance and mercy. Yet, Isaiah
65:16 strictly prohibits this.

Isaiah 66 (the last chapter in the book of Isaiah):

We further read in Isaiah 66:

"17Some of you get yourselves ready and go to a garden to worship a
foreign goddess. You eat the meat of pigs, lizards, and mice. But I,
the LORD, will destroy you for this. 18I know everything you do and
think! The time has now come to bring together the people of every
language and nation and to show them my glory 19by proving what I can
do. I will send the survivors to Tarshish, Pul, Lud, Meshech, Tubal,
Javan, and to the distant islands. I will send them to announce my
wonderful glory to nations that have never heard about me. 20They will
bring your relatives from the nations as an offering to me, the LORD.
They will come on horses, chariots, wagons, mules, and camels to
Jerusalem, my holy mountain. It will be like the people of Israel
bringing the right offering to my temple. 21I promise that some of
them will be priests and others will be helpers in my temple. I, the
LORD, have spoken. 22I also promise that you will always have
descendants and will never be forgotten, just as the new heavens and
the new earth that I create will last forever. 23On the first day of
each month and on each Sabbath, everyone will worship me. I, the LORD,
have spoken." (CEV Bible, Isaiah 66:17-23)

Again, more emphasis on the prohibition of eating the pig's meat and
how detestable it is to GOD Almighty. We also see more emphasis on
how the Sabbath (Saturday) is to be the day of worship and not a day
of work. Christianity abrogated the holiness of the Sabbath, and
almost every Christian on the face of this earth and throughout
history doesn't and didn't observe the Sabbath. The Christians'
holiday is Sunday and not Saturday. It is on Sunday, not Saturday,
that most Christians cease to work. Saturday is just another day to
Christians. It has no weight and no value. Nothing is holy about it
to them. In fact, if anything, it is for weekend and fun. Nothing
religious about it to the Christians. Yet, we see Isaiah 66 speaking
about the End of Times and about the importance of the Sabbath and its
holiness.

Clearly, if Christianity is true, and it is the religion that
abrogated Judaism, then this Promise in Isaiah 66:23 is a fabricated
lie on the mouth of GOD Almighty! Remember that Christians do not
observe the Sabbath, nor is it holy to them.

2- So what is it? Is pig's meat allowed today or not?

Again, Isaiah 65 and 66 are speaking about the future and the End of
Times. They are not just mere commands, such as the ones in the Books
of Moses, that Christians can say got abrogated with the coming of
Jesus Christ. They are prophecies and promises about the future and
the future of the people of Israel, and the End of Times. So clearly,
it is not a satisfactory answer to just say that they got abrogated.

3- Wrong interpretation of Christianity? Or a complete failure of
receiving the Holy Spirit?

Some Christians might argue and say something like:

"Ok, but even if you're right, Osama, then so what?! How does this
disprove Christianity?! At the worst case, it only shows that
Christians are wrong in interpreting their Holy Scriptures. That's
all!"

This statement is full of problems. Here are the reasons:

1- Almost the entire religion of Christianity is built on the alleged
inspirations of the Holy Spirit.

2- The New Testament (Christianity's main scriptures) promises over
and over and over that the Holy Spirit will inspire its followers,
lead them, and protect them from:

False guidance.
Bewitchment of demons.

Not only that, but Christians are so fond on declaring that it is the
Holy Spirit that is inspiring them and even speaking through their
mouths when they preach Christianity. Therefore, if the overwhelming
majority of all Christians (almost the entirety of all Christians
world-wide and throughout history) utterly and completely failed to
receive the Guidance of the Holy Spirit to prevent them from eating
pork and violating the Sabbath, while GOD Almighty supposedly in
Isaiah 65 and 66 repeatedly cursed those who eat pork till the last
day of this life, then either Isaiah 65 and 66 are lies, or
Christianity is a lie. And Christianity would be a lie in either
case, because it is standing on the Old Testament. Therefore, if
Isaiah is a lie, then Christianity is also a lie.

4- The Holy Spirit, the conflict of inspiration between Paul and the
other Disciples:

Stay tuned for this one! Believe me you're gonna love it!
Insha'Allah (if Allah Almighty is Willing). I have thoroughly went
through the four gospels and the letters of Paul, almost word for
word. I've gathered tons of passages that will indisputably prove:

1- Paul conflicted with many of the Disciples, despite the fact that
all of them declared to have been inspired by the Holy Spirit!

2- Paul was declared an infidel by many of the early Christians,
including even some of the disciples!

3- Paul contradicted Jesus' teachings on several occasions.

4- Paul demanded financial fundings from his followers in almost all
of his letters. He also called himself the authority, and he has put
to death some of those who opposed him.

5- The Holy Spirit had certainly failed to inspire the writers of the
New Testament (and the Bible for this matter), because these
declarations about the Holy Spirit inspiring them are nothing but
lies.

Allah Almighty Said in the Glorious Quran: "Then woe to those who
write the Book with their own hands, and then say: "This is from God,"
to traffic with it for miserable price!- Woe to them for what their
hands do write, and for the gain they make thereby. (The Noble Quran,
2:79)"

5- The Bible's overwhelming corruption, even according to it's own
theologians!

Please visit: Just who were the Bible's original authors? See how
the Bible's own theologians and translators admit that:

The Bible's books and gospels, according to its own translators and
theologians, were

Written by mysterious men.
Written by an unknown number of men.
Written in unknown places.
Written in unknown dates.

Paul never even met Jesus Christ in person while the latter was on
earth. It is falsely claimed that Jesus appeared to Paul while Paul
was on his way to Damascus after the "crucifixion" (Acts 9:2-4. Note:
Paul's name used to be Saul. Yet, Paul admittedly wasn't even sure
whether the Holy Spirit was inspirning him or not).

None of the disciples, even in the false writings attributed to them,
ever claimed that their writings were inspired or Divine. Not only
that, but we even ironically see that:

Luke for instance, wrote his "gospel" for the sake of another person
and not GOD Almighty. See below for details.
The disciples even fought with each others [1] [2].
We read about direct invitations to dinner and other occasions between
the disciples in the "books" [1].
According to the commentaries below, all of the books of the bible
were altered and corrupted.

The Bible's own theologians even admit that the bible contains
"fictions", its original manuscripts "had been lost", and contains
"fairy tails and fables".

And, it is also an indisputable fact that the Bible:

Is filled with ample contradictions, man's alterations, corruption,
and false scientific absurdities.

Is written in third-party narrations, which is why we find in all of
the gospels' titles "This gospel according to....", and countless
verses that speak about the disciples and about their activities in
third-party narrations [1] [2] [3] [4], which proves that the books
and gospels were certainly not written by them.

This also means that much gossips and exaggerations and fabrications
were made up and inserted into the books and gospels. So even if, for
instance, some people back then thought that Jesus was crucified, they
in reality never actually saw it. It could very well be that they've
only heard about it from a neighboring town and believed it. There are
certainly in the books and gospels:

Too much gossips.

:

It is clear that Christianity is in a clashing contradiction with
Isaiah 65 and 66. The pork eaters are cursed till the Day of Judgment
in these two chapters while Christianity allows for eating of pork.
Where is the Holy Spirit in all of this?! The New Testament is also
filled with clashing contradictions that resulted in having Paul
getting declared to be a false apostle and a liar by many of the early
Christians, including even some of the disciples. Again, where was
the Holy Spirit in all of this?!

Here is where I, as a Muslim, stand: The Holy Spirit doesn't inspire
lies and liars! Christianity is a lie and much of it was invented by
money-hungry and money-demanding liars.

http://www.answering-christianity.com/isaiah_65_and_66_declare_christianity_false.htm

arah

Dec 15, 2011, 2:11:22 PM12/15/11
On Dec 14, 9:59 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 13 Dec 2011 08:41:30 -0800 (PST), arah <arah1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Dec 12, 11:13 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> >.
>
> >> God's revelation to us regarding the salvation of our soul is without challenge.
>
> >> The rest of the bible is war stories by men.
> >So you acknowledge now that the bible is corrupted and stories by man
> >not by Almighty Creator
>
> Of course not.  There is nothing is the koran, unlike the bible, about salvation
> of the soul.  That's makes the koran 100% corrupt.

Salvation in Islam

1. The Necessity of Belief

“In the end We deliver Our messengers and those who believe: Thus is
it fitting on Our part that We should deliver those who believe!” S.
10:103

“He it is Who sends blessings on you, as do His angels, that He may
bring you out from the depths of Darkness into Light: and He is Full
of Mercy to the Believers.” S. 33:43

“In the case of those who say, ‘Our Lord is Allah’, and, further,
stand straight and steadfast, the angels descend on them (from time to
time): ‘Fear ye not!’ (they suggest), ‘Nor grieve! but receive the
Glad Tidings of the Garden (of Bliss), that which ye were promised!’”
S. 41:30

“That is because Allah is the Protector of those who believe, but
those who reject Allah have no protector.” S. 47:11

“O ye of Faith! Say not (to the Messenger) Ráìná, but say unthurna
(i.e. say not words of ambiguous import, but words of respect); and
hearken (to him): To those without Faith is a grievous punishment.” S.
2:104

“And fear the Fire, which is repaired for those who reject Faith:” S.
3:131

1A. Things One Must Believe

“They say: ‘Become Jews or Christians if ye would be guided (to
salvation).’ Say thou: ‘Nay! (I would rather) the Religion of Abraham
the True, and he joined not gods with Allah.’ Say ye: ‘We believe in
Allah, and the revelation given to us, and to Abraham, Ismail, Isaac,
Jacob, and the Tribes, and that given to Moses and Jesus, and that
given to (all) prophets from their Lord: We make no difference between
one and another of them: And we submit to Allah (in Islám).’” S.
2:135-136

“It is not righteousness that ye turn your faces towards East or West;
but it is righteousness- to believe in Allah and the Last Day, and the
Angels, and the Book, and the Messengers; to spend of your substance,
out of love for Him, for your kin, for orphans, for the needy, for the
wayfarer, for those who ask, and for the ransom of slaves; to be
steadfast in prayer, and give Zakat (regular charity); to fulfill the
contracts which ye have made; and to be firm and patient, in pain (or
suffering) and adversity, and throughout all periods of panic. Such
are the people of truth, the God fearing.” S. 2:177

“The Messenger believeth in what hath been revealed to him from his
Lord, as do the men of faith. Each one (of them) believeth in Allah,
His angels, His books, and His messengers. ‘We make no distinction
(they say) between one and another of His messengers.’ And they say:
‘We hear, and we obey: (we seek) Thy forgiveness, our Lord, and to
Thee is the end of all journeys.’” S. 2:285

“O ye who believe! Believe in Allah and His Messenger, and the
scripture which He hath sent to His Messenger and the scripture which
He sent to those before (him). Any who denieth Allah, His angels, His
Books, His Messenger, and the Day of Judgment, hath gone far, far
astray.” S. 4:136

“Be ye foremost (in seeking) Forgiveness from your Lord, and a Garden
(of Bliss), the width whereof is as the width of heaven and earth,
prepared for those who believe in Allah and His messengers: that is
the Grace of Allah, which He bestows on whom He pleases: and Allah is
the Lord of Grace abounding.” S. 57:21

1B. Necessity of Believing in Muhammad

“And obey Allah and the Messenger; that ye may obtain mercy.” S.
3:132

“Those are limits set by Allah. those who obey Allah and His Messenger
will be admitted to Gardens with rivers flowing beneath, to abide
therein (for ever) and that will be the supreme achievement. But those
who disobey Allah and His Messenger and transgress His limits will be
admitted to a Fire, to abide therein: And they shall have a
humiliating punishment.” S. 4:13-14

“O ye who believe! Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and those
charged with authority among you. If ye differ in anything among
yourselves, refer it to Allah and His Messenger, if ye do believe in
Allah and the Last Day: That is best, and most suitable for final
determination.” S. 4:59

“All who obey Allah and the messenger are in the company of those on
whom is the Grace of Allah,- of the prophets (who teach), the Sincere
(lovers of Truth), the martyrs, and the Righteous (who do good): Ah!
How beautiful is there fellowship!”

“He who obeys the Messenger, obeys Allah. But if any turn away, We
have not sent thee to watch over them.” S. 4:80

“Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger, and beware (of evil): if ye do
turn back, know ye that it is Our Messenger's duty to proclaim (the
message) in the clearest manner.” S. 5:92

“Fight those who believe not in Allah nor the Last Day, nor hold that
forbidden which hath been forbidden by Allah and His Messenger, nor
acknowledge the Religion of Truth, from among the People of the Book,
until they pay the Jizya with willing submission, and feel themselves
subdued.” S. 9:29

“The answer of the Believers, when summoned to Allah and His
Messenger, in order that he may judge between them, is no other than
this: they say, ‘We hear and we obey’: it is such as these that will
prosper.” S. 24:51

“Say: ‘Obey Allah, and obey the Messenger.’ But if ye turn away, he is
only responsible for the duty placed on him and ye for that placed on
you. If ye obey him, ye shall be on right guidance. The Messenger’s
duty is only to preach the clear (Message).” S. 24:54

“Only those are believers, who believe in Allah and His Messenger.
When they are with him on a matter requiring collective action, they
do not depart until they have asked for his leave; those who ask for
thy leave are those who believe in Allah and His Messenger. So when
they ask for thy leave, for some business of theirs, give leave to
those of them whom thou wilt, and ask Allah for their forgiveness: for
Allah is Oft- Forgiving, Most Merciful. Deem not the summons of the
Messenger among yourselves like the summons of one of you to another:
Allah doth know those of you who slip away under shelter of some
excuse: then let those beware who withstand the Messenger’s order,
lest some trial befall them, or a grievous chastisement be inflicted
on them.” S. 24:62-63

“It is not fitting for a Believer, man or woman, when a matter has
been decided by Allah and His Messenger to have any option about their
decision: if any one disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he is indeed on
a clearly wrong Path.” S. 33:36

duke

Dec 16, 2011, 8:03:16 AM12/16/11
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:11:22 -0800 (PST), arah <arah...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> >So you acknowledge now that the bible is corrupted and stories by man
>> >not by Almighty Creator

>> Of course not.  There is nothing is the koran, unlike the bible, about salvation
>> of the soul.  That's makes the koran 100% corrupt.

>Salvation in Islam

>1. The Necessity of Belief

>“In the end We deliver Our messengers and those who believe: Thus is
>it fitting on Our part that We should deliver those who believe!” S.
>10:103

I see no salvation of souls in your list.

FACE

Dec 16, 2011, 5:43:54 PM12/16/11
On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:03:22 -0800 (PST), in alt.religion.islam, arah
<arah...@gmail.com>, wrote
Clearly, you have problems with the koran. Using the hilali-khan
translation exclusively:

3.3 It is He Who has sent down the Book (the Qur'an) to you (Muhammad SAW)
with truth, confirming what came before it. And he sent down the Taurat
(Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel).

and,

5:046 And in their footsteps, We sent 'Iesa (Jesus), son of Maryam
(Mary) confirming the Taurat (Torah) that had come before him, and We gave
him the Injeel (Gospel), in which was guidance and light and confirmation
of the Taurat (Torah) that had come before it, a guidance and an
admonition for Al-Muttaqun (the pious - see V.2:2).

and,

6:114 [Say (O Muhammad SAW)] "Shall I seek a judge other than Allah
while it is He Who has sent down unto you the Book (The Qur'an), explained
in detail." Those unto whom We gave the Scripture [the Taurat (Torah) and
the Injeel (Gospel)] know that it is revealed from your Lord in truth. So
be not you of those who doubt.
6:115 And the Word of your Lord has been fulfilled in truth and in
justice. None can change His Words. And He is the AllHearer, the
AllKnower.

and,

10:094 So if you (O Muhammad SAW) are in doubt concerning that which We
have revealed unto you, [i.e. that your name is written in the Taurat
(Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] then ask those who are reading the Book
[the Taurat (Torah) and the Injeel (Gospel)] before you. Verily, the truth
has come to you from your Lord. So be not of those who doubt (it).

and remember,

33:036 It is not for a believer, man or woman, when Allah and His
Messenger have decreed a matter that they should have any option in their
decision. And whoever disobeys Allah and His Messenger, he has indeed
strayed in a plain error.

Denying any part of the koran is a capital crime under the sharia. Is
that what you are doing?

Of course there is more, but where i as kaffir do not have to believe the
above, you, as a muslim, have to believe it. This was all koran, do i
need to look up the sahih hadith where muhammad judges a man based on the
torah? That is a decision by mo and comes under koran 33.36, or do you
deny 33.36?

Let's sum this up shall we?

I have shown that allah claims to have written and sent down the taurat
and the injeel, and,
allah claims his word is protected, and,
you have no choice but to accept what was written.

Be sure to put those verses in their context which will support them as i
used them.

FACE

arah

Dec 17, 2011, 4:44:47 AM12/17/11
Show me where are the Taurat and Injeel.?

Don't get yourself confused with the Old Testament and New
Testament!!!

On Dec 17, 1:43 am, FACE <AFaceInTheCr...@today.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Dec 2011 11:03:22 -0800 (PST),  in alt.religion.islam,  arah
> >http://www.answering-christianity.com/isaiah_65_and_66_declare_christ...

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

arah

Dec 17, 2011, 12:03:08 PM12/17/11
I guess you can differentiate the Gospel against the Epistles of Paul
or Saul the Anti Christ

FACE

Dec 17, 2011, 1:55:57 PM12/17/11
Apparently when you see that you are beaten and without logical comeback,
your defense is to post something irrelevant and incomprehensible.

FACE

On Sat, 17 Dec 2011 01:44:47 -0800 (PST), in alt.religion.islam, arah
<arah...@gmail.com>, wrote

Brad Filippone

Dec 17, 2011, 4:51:03 PM12/17/11
He had tickets to the Red Sox game that day.

Brad

arah

Jan 5, 2012, 2:42:02 PM1/5/12

Church tradition teaches that Paul wrote the book of Hebrews, and
until the 1800s, that issue was closed. However, though a vast
majority of Christians—both and scholars and the laity—still believe
Paul wrote the book, there are some tempting reasons to think
otherwise.

Therefore Hebrew has nothing to do with Jesus.

Paul didn't know the teaching of Jesus and proudly declare himself as
Pharisee

Act 23:6 Then Paul, knowing that some of them were Sadducees and the
others Pharisees, called out in the Sanhedrin, "My brothers, I am a
Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee. I stand on trial because of my hope
in the resurrection of the dead."

Matthew 16.6 Jesus warn about the pharisees
"Be careful," Jesus said to them. "Be on your guard against the yeast
of the Pharisees and Sadducees.

Matthew 3:7 But when he saw many of the Pharisees and Sadducees
coming
to where he was baptizing, he said to them: "You brood of vipers! Who
warned you to flee from the coming wrath?

Matthew 16:1 The Pharisees and Sadducees came to Jesus and tested him
by asking him to show them a sign from heaven.

Matthew 16:5 When they went across the lake, the disciples forgot to
take bread.

Matthew 16:7 They discussed this among themselves and said, "It is
because we didn't bring any bread."

Matthew 16:11 How is it you don't understand that I was not talking
you about bread? But be on your guard against the yeast of the
Pharisees and Sadducees."

Mark 8:15 "Be careful," Jesus warned them. "Watch out for the yeast
of
the Pharisees and that of Herod."

Luke 12:1 Meanwhile, when a crowd of many thousands had gathered, so
that they were trampling on one another, Jesus began to speak first
his disciples, saying: "Be on your guard against the yeast of the
Pharisees, which is hypocrisy

The Lie

In Galatians 2, Paul makes mention of the same trip to Jerusalem as
mentioned above. It is obvious from the subject matter alone--and most
scholars agree--that it is a reference to the same Jerusalem council
meeting.

First, it is imperative that we understand the subject matter of the
book of Galatians.

Christianity fondly refers to Galatians as "the Magna Carta of
spiritual emancipation". One reference says, "…it remains as the
abiding monument of the liberation of Christianity from the trammels
of legalism." It is evident to the reader of Galatians that Paul’s
position against the Law is quite hostile. His intention is to
convince the Galatian believers not to give the time of day to the
"Judaizers" like Peter who were teaching the Law of Moses including
circumcision. In fact, he twice commands the Galatians to curse anyone
who teaches anything other than his doctrine. Gal. 1:8,9

Among his many anti-Torah/Law arguments are these quotes:

"…for by the works of the law no flesh shall be justified." 2:16 *

"But that no one is justified by the law in the sight of God is
evident…"3:11*

* Deuteronomy 6:25 rebuffs these statements when Moses says: "Then it
will be righteousness for us, if we are careful to observe all these
commandments before the Lord our God, as He has commanded us."

"Christ has redeemed us from the curse of the law…" 3:13

The law is not a curse, nor does it of itself bring one. Breaking
the law brings a curse. Therefore it is man and not the Law that is
the problem.

"Indeed I, Paul, say to you that if you become circumcised, Christ
will profit you nothing. And I testify again to every man who becomes
circumcised that he is a debtor to keep the whole law. You have become
estranged from Christ, you who attempt to be justified by the law; you
have fallen from grace. 5:2-4

Here he even drops his own name before telling the Galatians a severe
doctrinal lie.

"For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even this: ‘You shall love
your neighbor as yourself’". 5:14 **

** This is only the second greatest commandment. Matt. 22:36-40 says;
"Teacher, which is the great commandment in the law?" Yeshua said to
him, "’You shall love the Lord your God with all your heart, with all
your soul, and with all your mind.’ This is the first and the great
commandment. And the second is like it: ‘You shall love your neighbor
as yourself.’ On these two commandments hang all the law and the
prophets." 1 John 5:3 describes how we are to fulfill the first and
greatest commandment to love God with all our heart: "For this is the
love of God, that we keep His commandments. And His commandments are
not burdensome."

Paul even goes so far as to wish that those who preach circumcision
would take the knife and cut their own penises off! (Galatians
5:11,12) He refers to circumcision as "the mutilation" in Philippians
3:2. His attitude toward the Law and those who teach it is obviously
quite hostile.

Keeping Paul's anti-Law rhetoric in mind, now take a look at Paul’s
recollection to the Galatian church of his meeting with the Jerusalem
council.

"Then after fourteen years I went up again to Jerusalem with Barnabas,
and also took Titus with me. And I went up by revelation, and
communicated to them that gospel which I preach among the Gentiles…
But from those who seemed to be something—whatever they were, it makes
no difference to me; God shows personal favoritism to no man—for those
who seemed to be something added nothing to me. But on the contrary,
when they saw that the gospel for the uncircumcised had been committed
to me, as the gospel for the circumcised was to Peter… and when James,
Cephas*, and John who seemed to be pillars, perceived the grace that
had been given to me, they gave me and Barnabas the right hand of
fellowship, that we should go to the Gentiles and they to the
circumcised. They desired only that we should remember the poor, the
very thing which I was also eager to do." Galatians
2:1,2,6-7,9-10 NKJV *Peter

This is Paul’s version of what happened. When he said that the church
in Jerusalem desired "only" that he remember the poor, how could this
be anything but an outright lie? Remember that Paul is attempting to
persuade the Galatians not to be circumcised or follow the Law of
Moses. This is the foundational theme of the entire book. Paul was
trying to convince the Galatians that he had Jerusalem’s full support
in spite of the fact that he didn't think he needed it. But he could
not afford to tell the truth that the official edict from Jerusalem
included four requirements from the Law of Moses, three of which were
dietary. So he told them a lie when he said, "They desired only that
we remember the poor". The official letter read that the Gentiles were
to "keep themselves from things offered to idols, from blood, from
things strangled, and from sexual immorality." and nowhere in the
letter is there any mention of the poor! The Greek word that Paul
used and is translated "only" literally means "with nothing else".

It should also be pointed out that in the book of Galatians, Paul
begins telling of his contacts with the Jerusalem Messianic leaders in
Galatians 1:18. He had just finished telling the Galatians that his
doctrine was given to him by divine revelation alone. It didn't even
come from the original apostles who had spent three and a half years
with Yeshua. When Paul tells of his meeting with the Jerusalem
leaders, his attitude was that the original apostles were of no
significance to him, but if it mattered to the Galatians, he indicated
that he still had Peter, James, and John’s full support.

After beginning to mention his contacts with Peter, James and John in
Galatians 1:18 he says these words:

"Now concerning the things which I write to you, indeed, before God, I
do not lie." Galatians 1:20 NKJV

Paul actually had the gall to preface a lie with an oath of honesty!
One has to ask the question why he felt compelled in the first place
to assure the Galatians he was not lying. Yeshua had a few words to
say concerning this type of oath:

"Again you have heard that it was said to those of old, ‘You shall not
swear falsely, but shall perform your oaths to the Lord.’ But I say to
you, do not swear at all, neither by heaven, for it is God’s throne’
nor by the earth, for it is His footstool; nor by Jerusalem, for it is
the city of the great King. Nor shall you swear by your head, because
you cannot make one hair white or black. But let your ‘Yes’ be ‘Yes’,
and your ‘No’ be ‘No’. For whatever is more than these is from the
evil one." Matthew 5:33-37 NKJV

Paul’s own words convict him again. He was a liar, along with being a
false apostle just as Yeshua had commended the Ephesian church for
exposing. He was a liar because he lied to the Galatians regardless of
whether or not the Ephesian church was aware of this particular lie.
But it is not at all unlikely that the Ephesian church was very
familiar with both Paul’s letter to the Galatians and the official
letter from the Jerusalem council. They are geographically quite close
to each other. Also, the Jerusalem council letter would have been
circulated to all the Gentile churches, and there is strong evidence
to suggest that Paul’s letters were being copied and circulated among
the churches as well . Peter makes this apparent in 2 Peter 3:15,16
when he speaks of Paul and the content of "all his epistles". Peter
could not say this without being familiar with most if not all of
them! One can also see from the passage that he assumes his readers
are aware of them as well. 2 Peter 3:15,16 is the passage in which
Peter appears to call Paul's letters Scripture and is dealt with in
the chapter titled Yeshua’s Prophecy Concerning Peter .

The fact that Paul lied to the Galatians is by itself enough to
establish him as a liar, but once a person crosses that bridge he will
likely continue the practice. His lie to the Galatians is by no means
his only one.

Paul's lie before the Sanhedrin

When Paul was arrested in the temple during his last visit to
Jerusalem he had to be rescued by the Romans. On the following day the
Roman commander allowed Paul to be taken before Ananias the high
priest and the Sanhedrin to defend himself against the charges he was
up on. During this trial of sorts, Paul makes an interesting claim.

But when Paul perceived that one part were Sadducees and the other
Pharisees, he cried out in the council, "Men and brethren, I am a
Pharisee, the son of a Pharisee; concerning the hope and resurrection
of the dead I am being judged!" And when he had said this, a
dissension arose between the Pharisees and the Sadducees; and the
assembly was divided. Acts 23:6,7 NKJV

This was a divide-and-conquer ploy in which there was not one shred of
truth. For Paul to say he was being judged on the issue of the
resurrection of the dead was an outright lie. The truth concerning why
he was arrested is recorded a little earlier in Acts.

...the Jews from Asia, seeing him in the temple, stirred up the whole
crowd and laid hands on him, crying out, "Men of Israel, help! This is
the man who teaches all men everywhere against the people, the law,
and this place..." Acts 21:27,28 NKJV

The truth is that Paul was being judged on the matter of bringing to
nothing the importance of Israel, the Law of Moses, and the temple.
Again, for Paul to claim he was being judged on his view of the
resurrection for the purpose of dividing his accusers against each
other was a lie.

Paul's lie to King Agrippa

A little later, Paul also lied to King Agrippa in the recounting of
his conversion experience on the road to Damascus!

The story of Paul's conversion on the road to Damascus is recorded
three separate times in the book of Acts. The first is in chapter
9:3-19 as documented by the author of the book, Luke. The highlights
are;

And as he journeyed he came near Damascus, and suddenly a light shone
around him from heaven. Then he fell to the ground, and heard a voice
saying to him, "Saul Saul, why are you persecuting Me?" And he said,
"Who are You, Lord?" And the Lord said, "I am Yeshua, whom you are
persecuting, It is hard for you to kick against the goads." So he,
trembling and astonished, said, "Lord, what do You want me to do?" And
the Lord said to him, "Arise and go into the city, and you will be
told what you must do."

The second account is in chapter 22:6-15 and here, Luke records Paul's
personal account of his experience as given before the angry Jews in
Jerusalem. The points of interest here are;

"Now it happened, as I journeyed and came near Damascus at about noon,
suddenly a great light from heaven shone around me. And I fell to the
ground and heard a voice saying to me, "Saul, Saul, why are you
persecuting Me?' So I answered, 'Who are You, Lord?' And he said to
me, 'I am Yeshua of Nazareth, Whom you are persecuting.' ...So I said,
'What shall I do, Lord?' And the Lord said to me, 'Arise and go into
Damascus, and there you will be told all things which are appointed
for you to do.'

There is no real problem or conflict in these first two accounts. Even
with the slight variations, the main points remain basically the same.
The fact is, they are quite consistent and corroborate each other.

The third record of Paul's conversion experience is again given by
Paul himself in his own defense before King Agrippa in chapter
26:12-19. Now here he says these words;

"While thus occupied, as I journeyed to Damascus with authority and
commission from the chief priests, at midday, O king, along the road I
saw a light from heaven, brighter than the sun, shining around me and
those who journeyed with me. And when we all had fallen to the ground,
I heard a voice speaking to me and saying in the Hebrew language,
'Saul, Saul, why are you persecuting Me? It is hard for you to kick
against the goads.' So I said, 'Who are You , Lord?' And he said, 'I
am Yeshua, whom you are persecuting. But rise and stand on your feet;
for I have appeared to you for this purpose, to make you a minister
and a witness both of the things which you have seen and of the things
which I will yet reveal to you. I will deliver you from the Jewish
people, as well as from the Gentiles, to whom I now send you, to open
their eyes and to turn them from the power of Satan to God, that they
may receive forgiveness of sins and an inheritance among those who are
sanctified by faith in Me.' Therefore, King Agrippa, I was not
disobedient to the heavenly vision..."

Hey, wait just a minute Paul! According to what you and Luke
previously testified, when you asked Yeshua what you were to do, he
told you to do absolutely nothing other than to go to Damascus, and
there you would be told "all things" you were to do! Now you want us
to believe Yeshua told you all of this on the spot?

This is not just a simple case of information having been left out of
the first two accounts making it a weak argument from absence. Some
arguments from absence are excellent arguments. If one can establish
that something should appear, then one can make a good argument from
absence if it does not appear. The theory of evolution and the total
lack of intermediate species (missing links) in the fossil record is a
good example of a good argument from absence. In Paul's case, if in
fact Yeshua had actually come out and said anything like, "Here is the
reason why I have appeared to you...", what Yeshua said immediately
following this would without question be the focal point and highlight
of any-and-every recollection of the encounter! Is that not a
perfectly logical and reasonable expectation? But nothing of the sort
is found in the first two accounts. And what's more, when Paul asked,
Yeshua clearly told him that he was to go to Damascus where he would
be told "all things" he was to do.

It should be apparent that Paul wanted to paint a picture for King
Agrippa of what he believed to be his unavoidable destiny. So he then
went on to embellish his account of his vision with a lie. The part of
his story above in bold print is a total fabrication... sounding far
more like something Paul would say than something Yeshua would say
anyway. The main purpose for Yeshua confronting Paul is obvious and
found in his first words: "Why are you persecuting me?" Yeshua's
purpose was to stop the persecution! The fact that Paul didn't reject
Yeshua but submitted to him with the words, "What would You have me
do?" is a secondary outgrowth of the event. Had Paul stubbornly tried
to continue on his way to Damascus to arrest the Messianic believers,
I thoroughly believe it would have been the end of him on the spot.
The scene is very reminiscent of Balaam being stopped by the Angel of
Lord because he intended to curse Israel. See Numbers 22:22-34

Also, from Paul's fabricated story, it appears that he designed it to
subtly impress upon King Agrippa's mind the picture that it was his
destiny to be delivered from the Jews as was already the case thanks
the Gentiles. So next, it would be King Agrippa himself who should
deliver him from the Gentiles as well. But it was one big fat lie!
From that time on, Paul never was delivered from the Gentiles.

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Jan 5, 2012, 8:31:38 PM1/5/12
1. It is within the power of all, therefore, in every Church, who may
wish to see the truth, to contemplate clearly the tradition of the
apostles manifested throughout the whole world; and we are in a
position to reckon up those who were by the apostles instituted
bishops
in the Churches, and [to demonstrate] the succession of these men to
our own times; those who neither taught nor knew of anything like
what
these [heretics] rave about. For if the apostles had known hidden
mysteries, which they were in the habit of imparting to "the perfect"
apart and privily from the rest, they would have delivered them
especially to those to whom they were also committing the Churches
themselves. For they were desirous that these men should be very
perfect and blameless in all things, whom also they were leaving
behind
as their successors, delivering up their own place of government to
these men; which men, if they discharged their functions honestly,
would be a great boon [to the Church], but if they should fall away,
the direst calamity.
2. Since, however, it would be very tedious, in such a volume as
this,
to reckon up the successions of all the Churches, we do put to
confusion all those who, in whatever manner, whether by an evil
self-pleasing, by vainglory, or by blindness and perverse opinion,
assemble in unauthorized meetings; [we do this, I say, ] by
indicating
that tradition derived from the apostles, of the very great, the very
ancient, and universally known Church founded and organized at Rome
by
the two most glorious apostles, Peter and Paul; as also [by pointing
out] the faith preached to men, which comes down to our time by means
of the successions of the bishops. For it is a matter of necessity
that
every Church should agree with this Church, on account of its pre-
eminent authority,6 that is, the faithful everywhere, inasmuch as the
apostolical tradition has been preserved continuously by those
[faithful men] who exist everywhere.
3. The blessed apostles, then, having founded and built up the
Church,
committed into the hands of Linus the office of the episcopate. Of
this
Linus, Paul makes mention in the Epistles to Timothy. To him
succeeded
Anacletus; and after him, in the third place from the apostles,
Clement
was allotted the bishopric. This man, as he had seen the blessed
apostles, and had been conversant with them, might be said to have
the
preaching of the apostles still echoing [in his ears], and their
traditions before his eyes. Nor was he alone [in this], for there
were
many still remaining who had received instructions from the apostles.
In the time of this Clement, no small dissension having occurred
among
the brethren at Corinth, the Church in Rome despatched a most
powerful
letter to the Corinthians, exhorting them to peace, renewing their
faith, and declaring the tradition which it had lately received from
the apostles, proclaiming the one God, omnipotent, the Maker of
heaven
and earth, the Creator of man, who brought on the deluge, and called
Abraham, who led the people from the land of Egypt, spake with Moses,
set forth the law, sent the prophets, and who has prepared fire for
the
devil and his angels. From this document, whosoever chooses to do so,
may learn that He, the Father of our Lord Jesus Christ, was preached
by
the Churches, and may also understand the apostolical tradition of
the
Church, since this Epistle is of older date than these men who are
now
propagating falsehood, and who conjure into existence another god
beyond the Creator and the Maker of all existing things. To this
Clement there succeeded Evaristus. Alexander followed Evaristus;
then,
sixth from the apostles, Sixtus was appointed; after him, Telephorus,
who was gloriously martyred; then Hyginus; after him, Pius; then
after
him, Anicetus. Sorer having succeeded Anicetus, Eleutherius does now,
in the twelfth place from the apostles, hold the inheritance of the
episcopate. In this order, and by this succession, the ecclesiastical
tradition from the apostles, and the preaching of the truth, have
come
down to us. And this is most abundant proof that there is one and the
same vivifying faith, which has been preserved in the Church from the
apostles until now, and handed down in truth.
4. But Polycarp also was not only instructed by apostles, and
conversed
with many who had seen Christ, but was also, by apostles in Asia,
appointed bishop of the Church in Smyrna, whom I also saw in my early
youth, for he tarried [on earth] a very long time, and, when a very
old
man, gloriously and most nobly suffering martyrdom,7 departed this
life, having always taught the things which he had learned from the
apostles, and which the Church has handed down, and which alone are
true. To these things all the Asiatic Churches testify, as do also
those men who have succeeded Polycarp down to the present time,-a man
who was of much greater weight, and a more stedfast witness of truth,
than Valentinus, and Marcion, and the rest of the heretics. He it was
who, coming to Rome in the time of Anicetus caused many to turn away
from the aforesaid heretics to the Church of God, proclaiming that he
had received this one and sole truth from the apostles,-that, namely,
which is handed down by the Church.8 "

Irenaeus Book III, Chapter III

Frankie Lee

Jan 5, 2012, 8:32:00 PM1/5/12
> likely continue the ...
>
> read more »

***The fact that Paul lied to the Galatians is by itself enough to
establish him as a liar, but once a person crosses that bridge he will
likely continue the ...

Reply: Why Arah prefer using deceits as a way to convince others that
Paul lied and when you have not shown any cause and reason how he lied?
This is most puzzling.

The fact that Paul didn't lied then,but Paul was indeed a very evil
person before his conversion,for he persecuted Christians.Paul had
already cross the bridge.. already.... when he kills Christians,and
which part you don't understand?

How is it that you keep on using deceits here to make your points
across?Either you are dumb,hope to destroy your own credibility,be
nasty,sided with Liars,or you must have been terribly stupid.

arah

Jan 12, 2012, 1:44:13 PM1/12/12
How Do Muslims Relate to Other Faiths? .

Dr. Jamal Badawi

Let me come to an important issue that doesn’t only relate to the
tragic events of 9/11 but it’s an important topic in its own right,
and I’ve been talking about these issues even long before 9/11.

What does Islam teach its adherences as to how they can relate to
other communities?

And here the evidence comes straight from the Quran itself.

In the first place, the Quran insists that there is one generic
religion that was preached by all of the prophets, the message of
monotheism which did not start with Abraham, before him was Noah, and
before both with Adam himself who is regarded actually as the first
prophet.

What is the essence of the message?

It’s the literal meaning of Islam, not the limited meaning, because we
said Islam is achieving peace through submission to Allah and all of
the prophets taught precisely the same thing. No wonder we find the
Quran calls Abraham, other prophets and followers of Jesus, Muslims.
They are all called Muslims. People who submitted to Allah in order to
achieve that peace on the various levels.

So the core teaching in essence is the same. In fact the Quran depicts
the various prophets in history not as competing or fighting with one
another, unfortunately as some of their followers are doing, but in
fact as one brotherhood of prophets, various links in the same chain
of revelation extending from the first to the final prophet, so
believing and respecting all of them is not a statement of political
correctness. It is a statement of belief according to the Quran
without which a Muslim cannot claim to be a Muslim.

it begins with “O Mankind”, Muslims, non-Muslims and all human beings:
it is the Lord of all speaking to all

In fact, within the general acceptance of all of the prophets, five
stand out as the greatest of the great, or Ulu al-`Azm. And these are
no surprise to a Jew, Christian, Muslim or even a historian. The
greatest five influential religious figures or prophets in history
obviously are Noah, Abraham, Moses, Jesus and Muhammad (may the peace
and blessings of Allah be upon them all).

But the Quran doesn’t just speak about the similarity in theology or
basic teachings of the prophets, it goes beyond that to operationalize
the nature of that relationship. And here is one of the key references
of the Quran that I love to make a couple of comments on it. That is
in Chapter 49, verse 13 and the translation of its meaning is that God
speaks to Mankind. In often times you find that in the Quran Allah
speaks directly and it begins by saying “O Mankind”, that’s rather
interesting because when the Quran addresses Muslims pertaining to
their duties, for example like fasting, charity, pilgrimage, it says
“O believers” meaning believers in Islam.

Beauty in Diversity

Yet in this verse, like nearly 200 other verses in the Quran, it
begins with “O Mankind”, Muslims, non-Muslims and all human beings: it
is the Lord of all speaking to all. That’s significant. And usually
these verses are the ones that deal with the bonds of humanity. And
then it goes on, “We created you"- we here is the royal we- "from a
single pair of a male and female”, some translated it as a male and a
female, but if you take a single pair of a male and female, the clear
implication here is that all human beings belong to the same family.
You hear people talking about the white race, the black race, this
race and that race.

The Quran also brings to our attention that beyond those races, there
is one race, the human race that all descend from the same set of
parents, diverse as it may be. And then it says “We made you into
nations and tribes", Why? "That you may get to know and recognize one
another”. A deliberate diversity and unity in diversity.

That is articulated in another verse in the Quran in Chapter 30, in
verse 22, a beautiful one explaining the origin of languages and
complexion: “Of the signs (of the power and wisdom) of Allah is the
creation of Heavens and earth and the diversity of your languages and
your complexion”. It’s a deliberate creation which makes life more
interesting. It is like a bouquet of flowers where the white flower is
beautiful in its own right, and so is the yellow, the red and the
pink, .. you name it, more beautiful are all of them together. If they
are all the same, life would be boring. There is deliberate creation
of diversity. It’s beautiful.

Then it ends by providing the sole criterion accepted by Allah for
mankind, for a human being to be a better human being: “The most
honored of you in the sight of Allah is the most righteous”, an open
competition to which any one can sign without any barrier of wealth,
color, ethnicity, or even religion, because sometimes the Quran also
condemns false and empty religious claims which are not supported by
righteousness.

This is a beautiful reference about this broader bond of human
brotherhood.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WiSl1NW5tcI&feature=player_embedded#!

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Jan 12, 2012, 9:56:25 PM1/12/12
Jihadwatch

Somalia: Misunderstanders of Islam publicly flog convert from Islam to
Christianity
Muslim spokesmen such as Salam al-Marayati, M. Cherif Bassiouni, and
Ali Eteraz, all of whom (among many others) assure us that Islam has
no death penalty for apostasy, despite Muhammad's words, "Whoever
changed his Islamic religion, then kill him" (Bukhari 9.84.57).
Somehow these Somali Muslims have misunderstood Islam in the same way
Muhammad did. But they didn't kill her, so apparently they're
moderates.

"Somali Convert from Islam Whipped in Public," from Compass Direct
News, January 10 (thanks to Pamela Geller):

NAIROBI, Kenya, January 10 (CDN) — A Somali convert from Islam was
paraded before a cheering crowd last month and publicly flogged as a
punishment for embracing a “foreign religion,” sources said. Sofia
Osman, a 28-year-old Christian from Janale city in Somali’as Lower
Shabelle region, had been taken into custody by Islamic extremist al
Shabaab militants in November; the public whipping was meant to mark
her release. She received 40 lashes on Dec. 22 while jeered by
spectators.
“Osman was whipped 40 lashes at 3 p.m., but she didn’t tell what other
humiliations she had suffered while in the hands of the militants,” an
eyewitness, told Compass, adding that whipping left her bleeding. “I
saw her faint. I thought she had died, but soon she regained
consciousness and her family took her away.”

The whipping was administered in front of hundreds of spectators after
Osman was released from her month-long custody in al Shabaab camps.
Nursing her injuries at her family’s home, in the days after the
punishment she would not talk to anyone and looked dazed, a source
close in touch with the family said. She has since been relocated.

“Please pray for her quick recovery,” the source said.

Janale, one Somalia’s major cities, is about 200 kilometers (124
miles) from Mogadishu.

Osman became a Christian four years ago and was a member of the
underground church in the war-torn Horn of Africa country largely
controlled by the al Qaeda-linked militants from al Shabaab....

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/01/somalia-misunderstanders-of-islam-publicly-flog-convert-from-islam-to-christianity.html

http://www.jihadwatch.org/

arah

Jan 13, 2012, 6:07:11 AM1/13/12
German priest admits to 280 instances of child sex abuse

Deutsche Welle
Thursday, January 12, 2012

[Caption] Germany has been rocked by several clerical abuse scandals

Germany's Catholic Church has been hit by another case of clerical
sexual abuse, with a priest admitting to abusing three boys between
the ages of 9 and 15 some 280 times since 2004.

A Catholic priest admitted to a German court on Thursday that he
sexually abused three boys over several years, amounting to a total
of 280 cases.

The priest, identified as 46-year-old Andreas L. from the city of
Salzgitter in Lower Saxony, confessed to charges of sexually abusing
the boys, who ranged from nine to 15 years old. The abuse began in
2004, he said.

Instances of abuse occurred at a parsonage, on ski vacations, at the
parents' home, on a trip to Disneyland in Paris and at a church
shortly before Mass.

The priest told the regional court in Braunschweig that while working
as a chaplain in the same city in 2004, he began a close relationship
with a widowed woman. When he was moved to Salzgitter, the woman's
nine-year-old son often spent weekends with the man, who would take
him on short trips away. The abuse occurred on several occasions,
often three times per weekend.

The suspect said it was not his intention to get close to the boy
sexually, and that it never occurred to him that he was harming them.

[Caption] Pope Benedict XVI expressed 'deep regret' at a meeting with
sex abuse victims in Germany

"I did not have the impression that he didn't want it," he said.

When the mother began to suspect her son's interactions with the
priest were inappropriately close, she approached the diocese of
Hildesheim, the priest's employer, which forbid further contact with
the boy.

Victims two and three

The two other boys named as victims by the priest were brothers, and
the abuse began under similar circumstances. When contact with them
was also forbidden, the priest approached his first victim, then 17,
who in turn told his mother about the abuse.

The mother then went to the authorities, and the suspect was arrested
last summer. The court set the maximum sentence for the priest at six
and a half years.

A long series of sexual abuse scandals involving Catholic priests in
Germany is believed to have contributed to Germans leaving the Church
in record numbers. Some 180,000 Germans renounced their Catholicism
in 2010, up 40 percent from the previous year.

Pope Benedict XVI met with victims of clerical sexual abuse during a
visit to his native Germany in September, expressing his deep regret.
The German Catholic Church faces some 600 claims for compensation
because of abuse, and Berlin has set up a fund of 100 million euros
($128 million) to pay for the victims' therapy.

Author - Andrew Bowen (Reuters, DPA)
Editor - Andreas Illmer

More at:
http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,15663840,00.html
> http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/01/somalia-misunderstanders-of-islam-p...
>
> http://www.jihadwatch.org/

jwshe...@satx.rr.com

Jan 13, 2012, 11:37:56 AM1/13/12
Jihadwatch

Germany attempts to stamp out truth-telling regarding Islam and jihad
Here is some important background on Germany's attempt to stamp out
truth-telling regarding Islam and jihad, an initiative which accords
neatly with Sharia directives: "Germany Attempts to Silence Criticism
of Islam," by Soeren Kern for Stonegate Institute, January 12 (thanks
to Stefan):

German authorities have officially confirmed that they are monitoring
German-language Internet websites that are critical of Muslim
immigration and the Islamization of Europe.
According to Manfred Murck, director of the Hamburg branch of the
German domestic intelligence agency, the Bundesamt für
Verfassungsschutz (BfV), his organization is studying whether German
citizens who criticize Muslims and Islam on the Internet are fomenting
hate and are thus criminally guilty of "breaching" the German
constitution.

The BfV's move marks a significant setback for the exercise of free
speech in Germany and comes amid a months-long smear campaign led by a
triple alliance of leftwing German multicultural elites, sundry Muslim
groups and members of the mainstream media, who have been relentless
in their efforts to discredit the so-called counter-jihad movement
(also known as the "Islamophobes") in Germany.

Opinion polls show that growing numbers of ordinary German citizens
are worried about the consequences of decades of multicultural
policies that have encouraged mass immigration from Muslim countries.

Germans are especially concerned about the refusal of millions of
Muslim immigrants to integrate into German society, as well as the
emergence of a parallel legal system in Germany based on Islamic
Sharia law.

In an effort to reverse this tide of public opinion, the guardians of
German multiculturalism have been working overtime to regain the
initiative by accusing the critics of Islam of engaging in hate speech
to try to intimidate the so-called "new right" into silence.

The media campaign has been led by two financially troubled
newspapers, the Berliner Zeitung and its sister publication, the
Frankfurter Rundschau, as well as Der Spiegel, a leftwing magazine
based in Hamburg that has long served as the mouthpiece for German
multiculturalism.

In a January 4, 2012 interview with the Berliner Zeitung
andFrankfurter Rundschau, Murck said the owners of anti-Islam blogs
"have a disturbed relationship to the democratic constitutional state"
and often promote "infringements of human rights protected under our
constitution."

Murck continued: "I also see evidence of criminal relevance, such as
making threats and public invitations to crime." He said criticism of
Muslims and Islam constitutes "an attack against the freedom of
religion, which is protected by Article 4 of the Basic Law."

The Berliner Zeitung and Frankfurter Rundschau interview was conducted
by Steven Geyer und Jörg Schindler, two journalists and propagandists
who have been leading an ongoing effort to shut down a highly popular
German-language Internet website called Politically Incorrect (PI),
which over the years has grown into a major information resource for
Germans concerned about the spread of Islam in their country.

PI's motto reads "Against the Mainstream, Pro-American, Pro-Israel,
Against the Islamization of Europe" which encapsulates everything the
German left abhors....

http://www.jihadwatch.org/2012/01/germany-attempts-to-stamp-out-truth-telling-regarding-islam-and-jihad.html

http://www.jihadwatch.org/