Biblically speaking, God Loves You

Ted L

Sep 28, 2009, 8:52:06 PM9/28/09
This short Christian gospel tract explains how nothing plus faith opens the
door to God's eternal and abiding love, while forsaking the LORD will leave
the soul undone...
God Loves You
http://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tract_html/english/110_1.html

--
"Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some
is; but

Thommadura

Sep 29, 2009, 10:28:34 AM9/29/09
Ted L wrote:
> This short Christian gospel tract explains how nothing plus faith opens the
> door to God's eternal and abiding love, while forsaking the LORD will leave
> the soul undone...
> God Loves You

SHow how your god "loved" watching the priests molesting children
Or how he LOVED the children killed in the Holocaust - or the world wars
- or carious terrorist attacks.

If your god actually existed - he would set the definition of a pervert
- just looking down and being "amused" - but doing nothing

Bill M

Sep 29, 2009, 7:38:13 AM9/29/09

"Thommadura" <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in message

There is no objective verifiable evidence for the existence of any real
gods. It IS obvious all god beliefs are no more than the IMAGINATIONS of
man.

There are a thousands different religious/god beliefs. If there was a REAL
god, why would he permit all this misleading information to mislead and
confuse his flock?

Man can communicate with the whole world via TV, Radio, Cell Phone and the
Internet.

Certainly any real God should be able to do equally well! Why would he not
announce directly from his heaven that he is the real god and all the others
are fakes? Why would he not smite all the fakes?

Why does he permit all this confusion and doubt? The objective evidence is
that all gods are purely the creation of men to assuage his panic fear of
the finality of death.

Does anyone have OBJECTIVE VERIFIABLE EVIDENCE that ANY god actually
exists??? The millions of opinions expressed over the centuries are not
evidence. They are merely 'opinions'!

Why has no god ever communicated directly with the sane members of society?

Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent.
Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent.
Is he both able and willing? Then where does evil come from?
Is he neither able nor willing? Then why call him a God?

What distinguishes theology from mythology and astrology? All three are
founded on myth, folklore and legend. NONE are based on scientific knowledge
and objective, verifiable, reproducible evidence.

The religious faiths are not founded on faith in God but faith in Priests,
Ministers, Shaman, ayatollahs and other religious leaders.

Religious texts? They were created centuries before the invention of the
printing press. Written, interpreted, hand copied, modified, altered and
recopied by hundreds of MEN over thousands of years by other MEN. Inspired
by God? So MEN say. Which books are Scripture? The ones chosen by MEN. What
do they mean? What MEN say they mean. Dictated by God? Just the OPINION of
errant MEN. What is God telling you? Whatever MEN (ordinary selfish. self
promoting, errant humans) CLAIM he is telling you. These religious texts are
nothing but folklore, myth, contradictory and impossible stories created by
MEN. There is not one shred of objective verifiable evidence that ANY of
these ancient documents are the word of ANY God. They are purely myths and
fables.

Of all the hundreds of God beliefs and claims, how do we know which is the
real God and which are fakes? What MEN tell their flock is the real God

There is a wealth of different religious documents that proclaim the
validity of various Gods. Which, if any, are correct?

Here are just some of the religious texts and documents;

Baha'i Sacrid writtings

Life of Buddha - Dhammapada - Pali cannon

The Bible - Christian religious documents - 18 English versions alone.

NO, NADA originals of the old or new testaments exist.

The Book of Mormon - Church of Latter Day Saints

The Analects - Confuscianism

The Eddas and Sagas - Icelandic beliefs

Wicca - Neo paganism of Greece and Rome

Bhagavgita and Rig Veda - Hinduism

Qur'an - Islam

Adi Granth and Dasam Granth - canonical scripture of the Sikhs

Tanakh - Jewism

Tao-Te-Ching - Taoism

Nag Hammadi - Gnostics

Zhuan Falun - Falun Gong

Of all these different Gods and belief systems which is the true one, if
any, and which are fakes? None of these documents are any objective
evidence. They are all documents written, hand copied, modified and further
copied, over the centuries, by errant men with their own personal and
selfish motivations. All of these documents, except the Book of Morman, were
hand written and hand copied over the centuries before the invention of the
printing press. There is no way to determine authenticity or accuracy of any
of these. The objective evidence is that they are a mixture of inaccurate
history, myth, folklore and legend.

Does it make sense to base ones life on myths and fables of ancient men of
unknown veracity???

There are hundreds of different religious and god beliefs. Here is a list
of most of these.

Which one, if any, is the real god???

Baha'i Faith
Buddhism
Adventist
Jehovah's Witnesses
British Israelism
Southern Baptists
American Baptists

Catholics
Christian Science
Amish
Brethren
Mennonites
Quakers
Shakers
Plymouth Brethren
Fundamentalists
Twin Oaks
Confucianism

Christian ( over 300 different sects)
Hinduism
Islam
Jainism
Judaism
Shinto
Sikhism
Taoism
Vodun (Voodoo)
Neopagan Religious Faiths
Asatru (Norse Paganism)
Druidism
Goddess Worship
Wicca
Witchcraft
Caodaism
Damanhur Community
Druse
Eckankar
Elian Gonzalez religious movement
Gnosticism
Gypsies
Hare Krishna - ISKCON
Lukumi
Macumba
Mowahhidoon
Native American Spirituality
Rom, Roma, Romani, Rroma, (a.k.a. Gypsies)
Santeria Elian Gonzalez religious movement
Satanism; The Church of Satan
Scientology
Unitarian-Universalism
The Creativity Movement
Zoroastrianism

Gods:

Ahura Mazda, Allah, Aphrodite, Ares, Athena, Apollo, Artemis, Babaluaye,
Bacchus,
Baldur, Bast, Bellona, Brahma, Brigid, Ceres, Cupid, Cerridwen,
Demeter, Diana, Dione, Dionysus, Eris, Eos, Eleggua, , El Shaddai, Elohim
Eshu, Ereshkigal,
Frigga, Frey, Freya, Gaea, Lord Genesa, Hades, Hebe, Hera, Helios, Hel,
Hephaestus,
Hermes, Hestia, Horus, Ibeji, Ifa, Inanna, Indra, Ishana, Ishtar,
Isis, Janus, Juno, Jehovah, Jove, Jupiter, Kali. Krishna Kronos, Korravai,
Loki, Lugh, Lord Indra, Manitou, Mars, Mercury, Minerva, Mercurius,
Morrigan,

Nahuiquiahuitl, Nanahuatzin, Nephthys, Neptune, Obatala, Odin, Ogun,
Oshosi, Oshun, Osiris, Oya, Orunmila, Olokun, Olodumare, Pluto,
Persephone, Poseidon, Proserpina, Quetzalcoatl, Ra, Lord Rama, Rhea, Saturn,
Set,
Selene, Shango, Lord Siva, Tammuz, Thor, Tir, Tiw, Uranus, Venus, Vesta,
Vishnu,
Vesta, Vulcan, Wotan, Yahweh, Yemaya, Zeus, XodA.

African gods:

Abassi [Sky]
Abonsam [Evil]
Abora [Supreme]
Abzu [Water]
Acoran [Supreme]
Adaheli [Sun]
Adro [Sky]
Adroa [Sky]
Agassou [Panther]
Agbe-Naete [Water]
Age [Animals]
Aigamuxa [Monster]
Ajalamo[Unborn Children]
Aje [Wealth]
Ajok [Supreme]
Akonadi [Oracle]
Akongo [Supreme]
Akuj [Supreme]
Ala [Earth/Fertility]
Alatangana [Creator]
Amma [Creator]
Anansi [Trickster]
Anyiewo [Snake]
Aondo [Creator]
Apa [Creator]
Apedemak [War]
Arawa [Moon]
Arebati [Sky]
Arom [Contracts]
Arsan Duolai [Underworld]
Asase Ya [Earth]
Ashiakle [Wealth]
Asis [Sun]
Astar [Sky]
Ataa Naa
Nyongmo
[Creator]
Ataokoloinona [Supreme]
Atete [Fertility]
Avrikiti [Fishermen]
Ayabba
[Ayaba] [Hearth]

Bacax [Cave]
Bagba [Wind]
Balubaal [Earth+]
Bandara [Superior Gods]
Banga [Clear water]
Behanzin [Fish]
Beher [Sea]
Bera Pennu [Vegetation]
Bo [Warriors]
Bomazi[Ancestors]
Buadza [WInd]
Buck[River]
Buku [Sky]
Bumba [Creator]

Cagn [Creator]
(!Kaggen)
Cghene [Creator]
Chiuke
(Chuku) [Creator]
Chiata [Supreme]
Chwezi [Hero]
Col [Rain]
Chikara [Sky]

Danh
(Dan Ayido Hwedo) [Snake]
Deng [Sky]
Deohako [Beans+]
Dii Mauri [Moorish Gods]
Dongo [Outer Space]
Dugbo [Earth]
Dxui [Creator]

Emeli-hi [Supreme]
Eranoranhan [Protector]
Eshu (Elegba) [Trickster]

Fa [Destiny]
Famien [Fertility]
Faro [Sky/Water]
Fidi Mukullu [Creator]

Garang and Abuk [First Humans]
Gbeni [Chief]
Gei (Gou) [Moon]
Gu [War/Smiths]
Gua [Sky]
Gulu [Supreme]
Gunab [Evil]
Guruhi [Evil]
Gurzil [Bull]
Gwalu [Rain]
Hammon [Setting Sun]
Harun and Haruna [Water Spirits]
Heitsi-Eibib [Sorcerer]
Hevioss [Thunder]
Huntin [Tree]
Huvean [Creator]

Ifa [Oracul]
Ikenga [Supreme]
Imana [Creator]
Iruwa [Sun]
Juok [Creator]
Kalumba [Creator]
Kalunga Supreme]
Katavi [Demonic]
Ka Tyeleo [Supreme]
Khebieso [Lightening]
Kho-dumo-dumo [Demon]
Kholomodumo [Monster]
Khuzwane [Creator]
Kibuka [War]
Kokola [Guardian]
Kwammang-a [Supreme]
Kwoth [Spirit]
Kyala [Creator]

Legba [Trickster]
Leza [Chief]
Libanza [Supreme]
Lisa [Chameleon]
Lyangombe[Chief]
Macardit [Demon]
Mantis [Creator]
Massim-Biambe [Creator]
Mawu [Sky]
Mawu-Lisa [Supreme Couple]
Mbotumbo [Supreme]
Medr [Earth]
Moomb [Creator]
Mon [?]
Mugasa
Mugu [Sky]
Mujaji [Rain]
Mukasa [Supreme]
Mula Djadi [Creator]
Muluku [Supreme]
Mulungu
Mungu [Creator]
Mungo (Mungu) [?]
Musa (Teaching]
Musisi [Supreme]
Mwari [Supreme]

Nampa [Personal]
Nana-Bouclou [First Gods]
Nana Buluk [Creator]
Ndjambi [Sky]
Ndriananahary [Supreme]
Nduru [Jungle]
Nenaunir [Storm]
Nesshoue [River]
Ngai ('Ngai) [Creator]
Ngewo-wa [Creator]
Ngworekara [Demon]
Niamye [Supreme]
Nkosi Yama'kosi [Supreme]
Nommo [Elemental]
Nommo [Spirit]
Nyama [Animal]
Nyambe [Supreme]
Nyambi (Nyambe) [Supreme]
Nyame
Nyami-Nyami [Guardian]
Nyankopon (Ashanti:Nyame) [Supreme]
Nyamia Ama [Supreme]
Nyasaye [Supeme]
Nzambi (Nzambi)
Mpunguo) [Supreme]
Nzame [Supreme]

Obassi Osaw [Supreme]
Obatala [Sky]
Oduduwa (Odudua) [Earth]
Ogun (Ogoun) War]
Olokula [Sea]
Olorun [Supreme]
Omumbo-Rombonga [Tree of Life]
Orahan [Supreme]
Orisa Nla [Creator]
Orishako [Agriculture]
Orunjan [Midday Sun]
Orunmila [Compassion]
Oshalla [?]
Osun [Beauty and Love]
Oya [Passion and Power]

Pemba (Bemba) Mother]
Qandisa [Demon]
Qamata[Quamta] Supreme]

Rock-Sene [Supreme]
Ruwa [Supreme]
Sagbata [Smallpox]
Sakarabru [Medicine]
Sakpata [Smallpox]
Sango [Thunder]
Shango [Thunder]
So [Lightening]

Tano [River]
Tore [Forest]
Trowu[Spirits]
Tsui'goab [Rain]
Twe [Lake]

Umvelinqangi [Creator]
Unkulunkulu [Supreme]
Unumbotte [Creator]

Waka [Rain]
Wele [Supreme]
Wulbari [Supreme]
Wuni [Supreme]

Xewioso [Thunder]
Yemaja [Creation]
Yo [Impersonal]

Zin [Water]

Table of Asian Gods:

BUDDHIST

Abhijnaraja [Physician]
Abhimukhi [One of the Bhumis]
Acala [?]
Adhimukticarya [One of the Bhumis]
Adhimuktivasita [One of the Bhumis]
Adibuddha [First]
Adidharma [Primeval]
Aizen Myo-o [Protective]
Ajaya [?]
Akasagarbha(Tibetan Nam-mkhai
Aksayajnana-Karmanda [Literature]
Aksobhya (Japanese Ashuku, Chinese A-Chu'u) [One of the Dhyani]
Amida [Savior]
Amitabha [A Dhyani]
Amitayus [Longevity]
Amoghapasa [see Avalokitesvara]
Amoghasiddhi [A Dhyani]
Anantamukhi [Literature]
Arapacana [Book and Sword]
Arcismati [Bhumis]
Arhat [A Saint]
Arthapratisamvit [Logical Analysis]
Arya-Tara [Sakti]
Asokakanta [avatar Marici]
Asokottamasri [Physician]
Astabhuja-Kurukulla [avatar Kurukulla]
Asura [Group of Demons]
Avalokitesvara(Avalokita, Lokesvara) [Dhyani Present Age]
Ayurvasita[One vasitas]

Balaparamita [Philosophy]
Bhaisajyaguru(Sman-bla, Otaci,Yao-shih-fo, Yakushi)[Physician]
Bhima[Attendant]
Bhrkuti[Female]
Bhrkuti-Tara [Mother]
Bhumi [Spiritual Spheres]
Bhutadarma [Demon Controller]
Bi-har [Protector]
Bodhidharma [Monk]
Bodhisattva (Chinese Pu-sa) [Born to be Englightened]
Buddhabodhiprabhavasita [Vasitas]
Buddhalocana [Female Buddha]
Budha [Mercury]
Butcho [?]

Chandarosana [Mahayana]
Charcika (Carcika) [Mahayana]
Chakravartin [World Ruler]
Chattrosnisa [An Usnisa]
Chaturmaharajas (Caturmaharajas) [Four Great Kings]
Chittavista [Vashitas]
Citipati [Graveyard Demons]
Cunda [Literature]
Da-shi-zhi [Bodhisattva]
Dadimunda [Temples]
Dainichi' [Purity/Wisdom]
Dakini [Demons]
Dala Kadavara [Demon]
Devaputra [Gods of Lower Rank]
Dhanada [avatar Amoghasiddhi]
Dharani [Mystical Texts]
Dharmadhatuvagisvara [Dharma]
Dharmakirtisagaraghosa [Physician]
Dharmamegha [Bhumis]
Dharmapala ,Chinese Fu Ha [Protective Dieties]
Dharmapratisamvit [Nature Analysis]
Dharmavasita [Vasitas]
Dhritarashtra (Pali Dhatarattha) [One of the 4 World Guardians]
Dhupa [Mother]
Dhupatara [Mahayana]
Dhvajagrakeyura [avatar Aksobhya]
Dhyanaparamita [Philosophy]
Dhyani-Bodhisattvas [Five Bodhisattvas]
Dhyani-Buddhas [Five Meditators]
Di-zang [Bodhisattvas of Hell]
Dvarapala [?]

Ekajata [Terrible]
Emma-o [Judges the Dead]

Fudo [WIsdom]

Guan Yin [bodhisattva]

Hariti [Ate Children]
Hayagriva [Protection]
Heruka [Protection]
Hevajra [Protection]

Ida-Ten [Law/Monestaries]

Jambhala [avatar Vausravana]
Janguli [Snakebite cure]
Jian Lao [Earth/Permanence]
Jizo [Compassion]
Juichimen [Mercy]

Kali devia [avatar Lha-mo]

Kannon [Japanese bodhisattva]
Khasarpana(Khasarpana-Lokesvara) [Indian bodhisattva]
Ki Fudo [avatar Fudo-Myo-o]
Krodhadevatas [Inspire Terror]
Ksitigarbha [One of 8 bodhisattva]
Kuan-yin (Kwannon) [Mercy]
Kujaku Myoo [Esoteric]
Kurukulla [?]

Locana [?]

Mahasthamaprata [Chinese bodhisattva]
Maitreya [Future]
Manjughosa [Nepalese bodhisattva]
Manjusri [bodhisattva]
Mara [Evil]
Marici [Sun]
Mi-lo Fo (Pu-Sa) [Chinese bodhisattva
Miroku [Japanese bodhisattva
Mo-Li [Protects Temples]

Padmanartesvara [avatar Bodhisattva Avalokitesvara]
Pancaraksa[5 Goddesses]
Pandara [?]
Paramasva [?]
Parnasavari [?]
Prajna [Femaleness]
Prajnaparamita [Buddhist Text]
Ran-deng [Beggar and Future Buddha]
Ratnapani [Dhyani-Bodhisattva]
Ratnasambhava [Dhyani-Buddha]
Remanta [King of the Horse gods]

Sakyamuni [Japanese]
Samantabhadra [Bodhisattvas]
Saptaksara [avatar Heruka]
Shakra [King of the Gods]
Ssu Ta T'ien Wang [Kings of Heaven]
Sumbharaja [Buddhist Krodhadevata]

Tennin (Tennyo) [angels]

Usnisavijaya [?]

Vairocana [Dhyani-Buddhas]
Vaisravana (Pali Vessavana, Chinese Do Wen) [Guards World]
Vajrabhairava [?]
Vajrapani [Bodhisattvas]
Vajrasattva [Nepal Dhyani-Buddha]
Vajravarahi [?]
Vajrayogini [Initiation]
Vajrayogini [Riches]
Vidyadharas [?]
Vidyujjvalakarali [?]
Vighnantaka [?]
Virudhaka (Pali Virulha, Chinese Zheng Zhang) [Guards World]
Virupaksa (Pali Virupakkha, Chinese Guand Mu) [Guards Western Heaven]
Visvapani [Dhyani-Bodhisattva]

We-to [Divine General]

Yakushi Nyorai [Healing]
Yama [?]
Yamantaka [Krodhadevatas]

Zhu Dian (Zhu Tian) [Chinese Buddhist gods]

CHINESE GODS

Ao [Sea]
Awun [Destruction]

Ba [Drought]
Ba Gua [Basis of Divination]
Bo Hsian [Taoist]

Cai-Shen [Riches]
Can Cong [Silkworms]
Cao Guo-jiu [Actors]
Chang Fei [War]
Chang Hs'ien [Children]
Chang Kuo-lao [?]
Ch'ang E (Ch'ang-o Huang E) [Moon]
Chang Tao Ling [Afterlife]
Cheng-huang (Ch'eng Huang) [Guardians]
Chen Jen [Spiritual Beings]
Cheng San-Kung [Fishermen]
Cheng Yuan Ho (Ch'ang-o Huang E) [Buskers]
Chih Nu [Weavers]
Chih Sung-Tzu (Chi Sung Tzu) [Rain]
Chih-Yu [Inventor]
Ch'in-Shu-Pao [Guardian]
Chou Wang [Sodomy]
Chu-Chuan Shen [Pigsties]
Chu Jung [Fire]
Chu Lung [Day/Night]
Chung K'uei [Afterlife]
Chung-li Ch'uan [Immortal]
Confucius [Philosopher]

Di Zhang Xia [?]
Dong-yo Da-di [Helps Sky God]

Erh-Lang [Guardian]

Fan-K'uei [Butchers]
Fei Lien (Fei Lian) [Wind]
Feng-Huang (Hoang-female Phuong-male) [Many Meanings]
Feng Po (Feng-Po) [Human form of the wind]
Feng P'o-p'o (Feng-Po-Po) [Female wind]
Fo [Buddha]
Fu His [Taught Humanity]
Fu Hsing [Happiness]
Fu Shen [Happiness]
Fu-Shou-Lu [Collection of Gods]
Fu-xi [Hero]

Gao Yao (Ting-jian) [Judgement]
Gong Gong [Common Workers]
Gou Mang and Ru Shou [Messengers]
Guan Di (Kuan Ti) [War/Fortune Telling]
Gui Xian [Demon]

Han Hsiang [Immortal]
Han Xiang-zi [Immortal]
He Bo (Bing-yi) [Rivers]
Heng E (Change-e) [Moon]
He Xian-gu [Immortal]
Heng-Ha-Erh-Chiang [Temples]
Heng-o [Moon]
Ho Hsien-ku [Immortal]
Ho Po [River]
Hou Chi [Harvest]
Hou I [Archer]
Hou T'u [Earth]
Hsien [Taoists]
Hsi Ho [Sun's Creator]
Hsi Wang Mu [Guardian]
Hsuan-T'ien-Shang-Ti [Dark Heaven]
Hua Hsien [Flower]
Huang-di (Huang Ti) (Shun) [Hero]
Huang Fei-hu (Fei) [Mountain]
Hu-Shen [Hail]

I [Bowmen]
Infoniwoo [Generation]
I-Ti [Wine]

K'ai Lu Shen [Purges Evil]
Kuan Yu [War]
K'uei Hsing [Examinations]

Lan Cai-he [Immortal]
Lao T'ien Yeh [Supreme]
Lao-Tzu (Lao-zi) [Philosopher]
Lei Kung [Storm]
Lei-zi [Thunder]
Li [Fire]
Li Tie-guai [Immortal]
Liu [Crops]
Lu Dong-bin (Lu Yan) [Immortal]
Lu-Hsing [Salaries/Employees]
Lung Wang [Dragon King]
Lupan [Carpenters]

Ma-Mien [Bureaucrat]
Meng (Meng P'o) [Underworld]
Meng-T'ien [Writing Brush]
Men Shen [Doors, includes sometimes Wei Cheng]
Mu Gong [Immortals]

Niu-Y'oun [Police]
Nu Gua (Nu Kua, Nu Wa) [Creator and Marriage]

O-Mi-T'o Fo [Amitabha]

Pa [Drought]
Pa-Cha [Anti-locusts]
Pa-Hsien [Eight Immortals]
P'an-Chin-Lien [Prostitues]
'P'an Ku (Panku, Pangu) [Cosmos]
Pi-Hsia-Yuan-Chun [Childbirth]
Puhsien [Sun]

Ran-deng [Future Buddha]

San Ch'inga [Three Taos]
Shang Di (Shang Ti) [Supreme]
She Chi (Thu) [Earth]
Shen [Spirit]
Sheng Jen [Holy]
Shen-nong(Shen Nung) [Hero]
Shen-T'u [Guardian]
Shen Yi [Sun]
Shiang Ku [Magician]
Shih-Tien Yen-Wang [Committe of Ten]
Shou-Hsing [Longevity]
Shou Lao (Shou Xing Lao Tou-zi) [Long Life]
Shou-Ts'ang [Servant]
Shui-Fu [Water]
Shui-Kuan [Defender]
Ssu Ming [Life and Death]
Sung-Chiang [Theives]
Sun Hou-Tzu [Monkey]
Sun Hou-zi [Apes]
Sun-Pin [Cobblers]

T'ai I [High]
Tai-sui-xing [Time]
Tai-yi [Sky]
T'ai Yueh Ta Ti (Tung-Yueh-Ta-Ti, T'ai-Yo, Ta-Ti) [Peak]
Thu [Earth]
Tian [Sky]
Tian-zhu [Catholic]
Tien (T'ien) [Sky]
Tien-Hou (T'ien Fei) [Heaven]
T'ien-Kuan [Happiness]
T'ien Lung [Dragon]
Tien Mu [Lightening]
Tien-Wang (Mo-Li) [Kings]
Ti-Kuan [Foregiveness]
Ti Nu (Ti-ya) [Earth]
Ti-Tsang-Wang-Pu-Sa [Mercy]
Ti Yu [Afterlife]
Tou Nu [North Star]
Ts'ai-Lun [Stationers]
Ts'ai Shen [Wealth]
Tsan [Demons]
Ts'ang Chien [Hearth]
Tsao Shen [?]
Tsao-Wang [Hearth]
Tu [Earth]
Tung Wang Kung [Ruled Male Immortals]
T'u-ti (Ti-Ti) [Locality]

Wang [Palace Door]
Wang-Mu-Niang-Niang [Guardian]
Wen Ch'ang (Wen-Chang-Ta-Ti) [Literature]
Wen-Shu Yen-K'ung [Manjushri]
Wen Pu [Epidemics]
Wu Ti [Myth]

Xian [Spirits]
Xi-Wang-mu [Immortality]

Yama [Seventh hell]
Yan-lo (Yan Wang) [Underworld Prince]
Yao [Wind Conqueror]
Yao-shi-fo [Physician]
Yao Wang [Medicine]
Yeng-Wang-Yeh [Death]
Yen Wang (Yen Lo) [Underworld Judge]
Yin and Yang [Male and Female]
Yo Fei [War]
Yu-Chiang [Ocean Winds]
Yu-di (Yu Huang) [Supreme]
Yueh Fei [War]
Yu Huang (Yu-Huang-Shang-Ti) [High]
Yun T'ung [Clouds]
Yu-qiang [Sea]
Yu Shih [Rain]
Yu-tzu [Rain]

Zao Jun [Kitchen]
Zhang Guo-lao [Immortal]
Zhong-Kui [Literature and Examinations]
Zhong-li Quan [Immortal]

[Sources: Brief History of Ancient Chinese Mythology]

Finnish Gods:

Ahto [Water]
Akka [Harvest]

Egres [Vegetation/Fertility]

Hiisi [Forest/Evil]

Ilma [Air]
Ilmarinen [Sky]
Inmar [Sky]

Juma [Sky]
Jumala (Mader-Atcha, Ukk) [Thunder+]

Kalevanpojat [Demons]
Kalma [Death]
Kekri [Fertility Feast]
Kipu-Tytto [Illness]
Kondos [Sowing Crops]
Kuu [Moon]

Lemminkainen [Hero]
Louhi [Sorcery/Evil]
Loviatar [Disease]
Luonnotar [Creator]

Madderakka [Dwarves]
Maahiset [Dwarves]

Naaki [Water]
Nyrckes [?]

Olmai (Olmay) [Divine properties]

Pajainen [?]
Pajonn [Thunder]
Para [Goblin Like]
Pellonpekko [Barley]

Raudna [?]
Rutu [Devil]

Sampsa [Vegetation]
Seides [Stones]

Rauni [?]

Tapio [Forest]
Tiermes [Thunder]
Tuoni [Underworld
Tursas [Monster]

Ukko (Isainen) [Thunder]

Vainamoinen [Hero]
Veralden-radien [World Pillars]

Waralden Olmai [World]

JAPANESE GODS

Aji-Suki-Taka-Hi-Kone (Aji-Shiki-Taka-Hiko-Ne) [Thunder]
Ama-No-Minakanushi-No-Kumi [Pole Star]
Ame-No-Oshido-Mimi [Refusal]
Ama-No-Uzume [Fertility]
Ama-Tsu-Kami [Heavenly Gods]
Amatsu Mikaboshi [Evil]
Ame-No-Hohi [Disappeared]
Ame-No-Wakahiko [Ruled Earth]

Bimbo-Gami [Poverty]
Bishamon [War]

Chimata-No-Kami [Rain/Sea]

Daikoku [Wealth]

Ebisu [Labor]

Fuchi [Fire]
Fukurokuju (Fukuro kuju) [Wisdom]
Futsunushi [Lightening]

Gozu-Tenno [Plague]

Haya-Ji (Haya-Tsu-Muji-No-Kami) [Whirlwind]
Hikohohodemi [Hero]
Hinokagutsuchi [Fire]
Hiruko [Morning Sun]
Hoderi [?]
Hisa-Me [Devils]
Ho-Masubi (Kagu Zuchi) [Fire]
Hosuseri [?]
Hotei [Laughter]

Inari [Prosperity]
Izanagi [Creator]
Izanami [Mother]

Jikoku [Guardians]
Jimmu Tenno [Founder]
Jurojin (Jorojin) [Longevity]

Kagu-tsuchi [Fire]
Kamado-gami [Hearth]
Kami [Divinities]
Kami-Musubi (Kami-mi-masubi) [?]
Kami-Nari [Thunder]
Kamui [Sky]
Kappa [Water]
Kawa-No-Kami [Rivers]
Kishijoten [Luck]
Kishimojin [Demon]
Komoku [South]
Kompira [Wealth]
Kono-Hana-Sakuya-Hime (Kono-no-hana-saku-ya-hime) [?]
Kono-Hana-Sakuya-Hime Kuni-Toko-tachi [First]
Kuni-Tsu-Kami [Earth]
Kura-Okami [Rain/Snow]

Nai-No-Kami [Earthquakes]
Naka-Yama-Tsu-Mi [Mountain Slopes]
Ningyo [Mermaid]
Ninigi [Ruler Earth]

O-Kuni-Nushi (Okuninushi) [Medicine/Sorcery]
Onamuji [Earth]
Omiwa [Protective]
Oni [Demons]
O-Wata-Tsumi [Sea]
O-Yama-Tsu-Mi (O-yama-tsuni) [Mountain]

Raiden [Thunder]
Ryo-Wo [Sea]
Ryujin (Ryugin) [Thunder/Rain]

Sae-No-Kami [Roads]

Sengen-Sama [Guarded Holy Moutain]
Sennin [Immortals]
Shichi-Fukujin [Luck]
Shiko-Me [Devils]
Shine-Tsu-Hiko [Wind]
Shitatera-Hime [?]
Shi-tenno [Cardinal Direction Guardians]
Shojo [Satyrs]
Soko-No-Kuni [Underworld]
Suitengu [Sea]
Sukuna-bikone (Suku-na-biko) [Hot Springs]
Shoki [Enemy of Devils]
Susanowo (Susanoo, Susa-no-wo) [Storms]
Takamimusubi (Taka-mi-masubi) [Royal Family]
Takemikadzuchi [Thunder]
Take-Mi-Musubi [Sun]
Taki-Tsu-Hiko [Rain]
Tatsuta-hime [Autumn]
Ten-gu (Tengu) [Mountain/Forest]
Tenjin (Temmangu) [Learning/Calligraphy]
Tsuki-Yomi (Tsukiyomi) [Moon]

Uji-gami [Ancestors]
Uke-Mochi-No-Kami (Ukemochi, Waka-Uke-Nomi, Toyo-Uke-Bime) [Fertility and
Food]
Uzume [Mirth]

Wakahiru-me [Rising Sun]\
Wata-tsu-mi [Sea]

Yabune [House]

Zocho [South]

Shinto Amaterasu [Sun]

Ama-Tsu-Mara [Smiths]

Ame-No-Kagase-Wo [Astral]
Ame-No-Mi-Kumari-No-Kami [Water]
Amenominakanushi (Ame-No-Minaka-Nushi-No-Kami) [Supreme]
Am-No-Tanabata-Hime-No-Mikoto [Weavers]
Ame-No-Toko-Tachi-No-Kami [Elemental]
Ame-no-uzume [Dancers]

Benten (Benten-San, Benzaiten, Benzaiten) [Eloquence+]

Fujin [Wind]

Hachiman [War]
Ho-musubi [Fire]

Kami [Idols]

SOUTH ASIAN GODS

Cao Dai(Chinese: Gao-Tai) [Supreme]

Debata [?]

Empung Luminuut [?]

Hainuwele [?]

Hananim [Sky]

Hmin [Ague]

Karei [Supreme]
Kinharingan [Creator]
Kud [Evil]

Laseo [Sun]
Lature Dano [Supreme]
Lowalangi(Lowalani) [World Above]

Mahatala (Mahataral) [Supreme?]
Ma-zu [?]

Nanmata (Namite) [Primeval]
Narbrooi [Woodlands]
Nemu [Primodial]

Palk [Sun]
Puang Matowa [Sky]
Pulug [Thunder]

Reahu [Dark Demon]
Rigenmucha [Supreme]

Silewe Nazarata [?]
Sirao [First]

Ta Pedn [?]
Tnong [Sun]
Tumbrenjak [Original Man]

Upulevo [Sun]

Wunekau [Sun]

CENRAL AND WEST ASIAN GODS

Abyrga [Snake]
Afi [Rain/Thunderstorms]
Aitvaras [Evil]
Alardi [Spirit]
Aralo [Agriculutre]
Armaz [Supreme]
Auseklis (Ausrine) [Stellar]

Baba [Spirit]
Baba Yaga (Jezi-Baba) [Ogress]
Bagvarti [?]
Bangputys [Sea]
Bannik [Baths]
Bagisht [Flood/Prosperity]
Barastir (Barastaer) [Underworld]
Bardha [Elves]
Beg-tse (Cam-srin) [War]
Beng [Satan]
Biegg-Olmai [Wind]
Bogatyri [Heroes]
Boldogasszony (Kisboldogasszony) [Protector Women/Children]
Bolla (Bullar) [Demon]
Buga [Supreme]
Bukura e dheut
[Good Spirit]
Bukuri e qiellit [Jehovah]
Byelobog (Bielbog) [?]
Byelun [?]

Chernobo(Czarnobog, Czerneboch, Cernobog) [?]
Chors [Sun]

Dabog [Sun]
Deive [Stone Spirits]
Dieva deli [?]
Dievini [Less Known Gods]
Dievs [Sky]
Djall [Devil]
Domovoi (Domovoy) [Household]
Donbittir [Water/Fish]
Drag-gshed [Eight Terrible Gods]
Dud [Heavenly Spirit]
Dvorovoi [Courtyard]
Dyavo [Demons]

En [?]
Erlik [King of the Dead]
Es [Sky]

Fatit [Destiny]
Fene [Demon]

Gabija (Gabieta, Gabeta) [Fire]
Gabjauja [Corn]
Giltine [Death]
Guta [Demon]

Hadur [War]
Himavat [Himalayas]
Horagalles [War]

Isdustaya and Papaya [Fate]
Isten [Supreme]

Jagaubis [Fire]
Jarovit (Gerovitus) [War]
Jessis [avatar Jupiter]
Jumis [Fertility]
Juras Mate [Water]

Kaka-Guia [Funerary]
Kalvis [Smith]
Karta [Fate]
Kaukas [?]
Khors [Health/Hunting]
Khyung-gai mGo-can [?]
Kikimora [Household]
K'op'ala [Protective]
Kukuth (Kukudhi) [Sickness]
Kulshedra (Kucedre) [Demon]
Kun-tu-bzan-po [Chief Bon]
Kupala [Water/Magic/Herbs]
Kurdalaegon [Blacksmiths]

Laima [Fate]
Lamaria [Hearth]
Laskowice (Leshcia) [Forest]
Lauka Mate [Fields/Fertility]
Laume [Fairy]
Leshy [Forest]
Lha [Bon Gods]
Lhamo [?]
Ljeschi (Lychie) [Fauns and Satyrs]
Ljubi [Demon]

Manzasiri [Primeval]
Mate [Mother]
Mati Syra Zemlya [Earth]
Medeine (Mejdejn) [Woods]
Meness [Moon]
Menulis [Moon]
Meza Mate [Nature]
Mirsa [Light]
Mokos [Fertility]
Mu (rMu) [Heavenly]
Muma Padura [Wood]
Myesyats (Czarnobog, Czerneboch, Cernobog) [Moon]

Nang Lha [Household]
Nari [Demon]
Nari [Sky]
Num [Sky]

Odqan [Fire]
Ora [Protective]
Ordog [Dark]

Pekar (Pehar) [Demon]
Peko [Barley]
Perendi [Jehovah]
Perit [Mountain Spirits]
Perkons [Thunder]
Perkunas [Thunder]
Perun (Peroun) [Thunder]
Polevik [Field]
Poludnitsa [Field]
Pon [Sky]
Porenutius (Porevit) [?]
Preas Eyn [?]
Preas Eyssaur [Destructive]
Preas Prohm [Primeval]

Prende (Prenne) [Love]
Psezpolnica (Polish Poludnica) [Midday]
Pugu [Sun]

Qormusta (Chormusta) [High]

Rugievit [War]
Rusalki (Rusalka) [Water/Woodlands]

Safa [Weapens]
Sanda [?]
Sarkany [Weather]
Saule [Sun]
Saules meitas [?]
Selardi [Moon]
Shen-Lha-od-dkar [Bon]
Shen-rab [Founder Bon]
Sipe Gyalmo [Bon]
Shiwini [Sun]
Shosshu [Smiths]
Siwini [Sun]
Srat [Demon]
Sri [Demon]
Sridevi [?]
Stribog [Winds]
Svantevit (Svantoveit, Svantovitus) [War/Agriculture]
Svarog [Sky]
Syen [Guardian]
Stihi [Demon]

Teljavelik [Heavenly Smith]
Telyaveli [Smiths]
Tengri [Heavenly Beings]
Tesheba [Weather]
Thab-lha [Hearth]
Triglav (Trigelawus) [War]

Uacilla [Thunder/Rain]
Ulgen [Creator]
Urme [Fate]
Usins [?]

Vadatajs [Evil]
Vampire [Soul of Dead]
Veela [Kindess]
Veja mate [Winds]
Veles (Volos) [Underworld]
Velnias [Devil]
Velu mate [Dead]
Verbti [Fire/North Wind]
Vila [Water]
Vilkacis (Lithuanian Vilkatas) [Werewolf]
Vlkodlaks (Vookodlaks) [Werewolf]
Vodnik [Demon]
Vodyanoi [Water]
Volos (Volusu) [Cattle]

We [Supreme]

Xhindi [Spirits]

Yarilo [Love]

Zaltys [Grass Snake]
Zemepatis (Zemempatis) [Supreme]
Zemes mate [Mother]
Zemyna (Zemyneles) [Earth]
Zorya [Guardian]
Zvezda Dennitsa and Zvezda Vechernyaya [Morning and Evening Star]

SIBERIAN GODS

Ai Tojon [Light]
Ajysyt [Mother]
Anky-Kele [Sea]
Ayi [Creator]

Hittavainen, Hittauanin [Hare-Hunters]
Hinkon [Death Demon]

K'daai [Fire Demon]
Kaltes [The Goddess]
Ke'lets [Death Demon]
Kurkil [Creator]
Kutkinnaku [Good Spirit]

Mayin [Supreme]

Picvu'cin [Hunting/Wild Animals]

Shurdi [Thunderstorms]

Tomam [Bird]
Tomor(Tomorr) [Father Creator]

Xucau [Supreme]

Ye'loje (Pugu) [Sun]

Thommadura

Sep 29, 2009, 4:43:26 PM9/29/09

Excellent post

IF a god is almighty - which we KNOW cannot be - then a god should have
no problem PROVING its own existence to everyone - something that no
gods have ever been able to do.

Moreover - if there was a REAL GOD - it would establish its OWN
definition of what a god is and can do - and ALL would have to accept
that. However - in the now over 39,000 different christian sects (ANd
the millions of personal so called christian cafeteria of beliefs) - the
only thing they ALL have in common is a name - a name that could not
have existed at the time their supposed god came to the earth (THe
letter "j" did not exist at that time).

With over 28 MILLION named gods - from several million religions -
including the aforementioned over 39,000 different of christianity -
the chances of actually coming in contact with the correct version - IF
ONE IS CORRECT - would be worse than your chances of being hit by
lightning.

However - the obvious way to choose a religion is to choose the one that
can PROVE its statements are true. That is the agnostic position -
accepting what is proven to be truth about gods and religions.
Alas - nothing is proven true so far. And lots of the "scripture" IS
proven false.

If the christian scripture was inspired by an all-knowing god - it would
have no errors about reality - yet we can point to dozens of them.

Bill M

Sep 29, 2009, 2:27:25 PM9/29/09
Note there are NO good Christians that have been able to falsify our
statements. Nor have they been able to supply any objective verifiable
evidence proving the existence of their God.

"Thommadura" <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in message

Ted L

Sep 29, 2009, 9:35:28 PM9/29/09
"Thommadura" <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in message

> SHow how your god "loved" watching the priests molesting children

> Or how he LOVED the children killed in the Holocaust - or the world wars -

> or [v]arious terrorist attacks.

> If your god actually existed - he would set the definition of a pervert -
> just looking down and being "amused" - but doing nothing

Maybe you should try drawing near to him where sin cannot be found, rather
than blaming him from your place in the darkness where sin does
abound?...but that requires repentance toward God and recognizing the
Lordship of Jesus Christ in your life, which places you squarely at war with
the sin you'll be set free from by faith in Jesus.

Thommadura

Sep 29, 2009, 10:27:57 PM9/29/09

Since sin requires an existing god - and NONE are proven to exist - your
statement is nonsense

There is no reason to repent to something is the delusion of a bunch of
theists. ANd the altar boys molested by the priests can tell you how
they were set FREE by having FAITH.

Since YOU have not proven he exists - there is no way to draw near to
something you have no proof of.

So - when you come up with some PROOF of your statements - get back to
me - otherwise - your statements are dismissed as presented just like
ALL the other religions and gods are presented and rejected by YOU.

guardian Snow

Sep 30, 2009, 5:14:36 AM9/30/09
On Sep 29, 10:52 am, "Ted L" <spamtaddl...@gmail.com> wrote:
> This short Christian gospel tract explains how nothing plus faith opens the
> door to God's eternal and abiding love, while forsaking the LORD will leave
> the soul undone...
> God Loves Youhttp://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tract_html/english/110_1.html

“The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that
certain other sets of people are human.”
Aldous Huxley

What if, we lived in an alternate reality where homosexual marriage
was the excepted norm of society?

I would naturally rally for marriage to be defined between a man and a
woman and this alternate society would tell me that I have no right to
impose my beliefs upon them… The same is true in reverse! In an
alternate reality, the homosexuals would complain that I am attempting
to impose my moral values on them, which is exactly what they are
doing to the rest of the world.

From my perspective, homosexuality is not natural and is undesirable
behavior. Several U.S. states in the last election passes laws that
say Marriage is to be defined as between a man and a woman. My
Christian brothers have rightly taken a hard line on the issue.

It is unfortunate that one must take the hard line on this issue but
past experience has taught us that if we give an inch, they will take
a mile. A clear example is set by Canada where the portions of the
Bible speaking about Homosexuality are considered, “Hate Speech” and
it is now considered socially wrong to put these passages in a public
forum.

If we say it is alright for homosexual Marriage, where can we draw a
moral line in the sand? Aren’t age of consent laws just another moral
standard? Should we now allow adults to have sex with babies and
children because some people believe society has wrongly imposed its
moral standards on other people? Some consider this just another
“religious dogma” that should be abolished.

http://www.nambla.org/
NAMBLA is one such organization that tells us just that! They say
it’s wrong to “persecute man/boy love”.

Sex is your choice, whether or not you have it and with whom you have
it with, nobody forces you to have sex legally.

The arguments put forward by the gay lobby is that Homosexuals deserve
to have the same rights as people who are straight and that by denial
of the “right of marriage” to them announces them as “second class
citizens”. The fact is they have the same rights already under any
law and so the reality is that they want to have their choice legally
enshrined as a social value. They want special “civil rights” and
usually say that being gay is not a choice and compare it to skin
color as if somebody holds a gun to their head to make them have same
sex partners.

The reason one MUST take a hard line is because once we forever go
down that road of “relative moral values”, you can’t turn back. It’s
already controversial to speak on the homosexual issues in
congregations and heaven forbid we speak about the high decease rate
of AIDS and sexually transmitted viruses flourish among those that
have sex outside of a single partner.

By making it clear that I oppose homosexual marriage, I’m certain to
be labeled by those who disagree with me with terms such as, “Nazi,
Homophobic, Right Wing Zealot” or any of the other labels they can
apply to me that give off a negative connotation.

To disagree with them does not mean I hate or fear homosexuality. I
happen to have a few friends that are homosexual and my feelings are
well known to them. I neither hate nor fear anything about them, I
just have no desire to share their values or lack of. I find it
interesting that this same standard is used by all people.

[Barry]
> I respect you as a person but I can never respect your beliefs.

[Snow]
But to respect me as a person is to respect my beliefs just as I
should respect what you believe and we should agree to disagree. You
are entitled to your beliefs and I am entitled to mine and neither of
us should assume we have the right to impose our beliefs on the
other. Would you agree?

I do not hate something just because I disagree with it. Do you hate
me just because you disagree with me?

People have the right to hold different opinions without being labeled
but already society has started the dumbing down process.

“Alternative Lifestyle or Queers”
“Same Sex Marriage or a perversion and abomination”

Parents should have the right to teach their children their social
values, right or wrong. A free society must choose to respect
individual rights but is it the right of people to impose values on a
minority? Yes or else we must now allow anarchy to be the law of the
land and these relative morals to overtake the world. Even murderers
believe in their own mind that they have good reasons for committing
the acts they do… It is our social duty to impose moral standards and
then stand by them and defend them and to do less is to give up our
very soul.

Christians are not without blame in the permissive society that
engulfs them and in fact while giving the false appearance of
opposition, has nurtured and fostered the homosexual culture by its
lawless doctrine and zero accountability value system.

You can’t expect to teach, “Christ is our righteousness” which in
effect transfers individual responsibility and blame on the Messiah
and expect righteous fruits.

You can’t impose only the moral laws that don’t apply to you on other
people. Expect people to know you are all hypocrites. You can’t say,
“Gays are going to Hell but we aren’t for being adulterers.”

You can’t teach:

Rom 10:4 For the Messiah is the end of the law for righteousness to
every one that believeth.

And then expect to assert your moral laws. Is it a wonder that so
many homosexuals seek to become and are Christian ministers? It’s the
perfect religion for the Gay Community and all they have to do is
ignore a few small passages of scriptures just like any “good
Christian” does.

Why does the Christian religion teach AGAINST righteous behavior? How
can they teach you “No one is righteous” and expect righteous fruits?

Christianity is the poison pill that promotes, nurtures and preaches
that “God forgives all your sins”, so why should I ever stop sinning?
I have no need to.. as long as I believe in Jesus Christ, I can behave
like a demon selling porn to babies and the most evil media that
promotes murder and promiscuity and as long as I believe, I am saved
by Jesus Christ, I can sleep with the alter boys, rape my neighbors
baby, sell death on the internet and Jesus Christ will forgive me.

Being Christian means that I get to blame all of society’s woes on the
Atheist, Muslim, Buddhist or Jew (or anybody not Christian) and never
examine my own behavior. I can blame all the fags for the destruction
of western culture six days a week and tell them on Sunday when they
make their donation to my church, “God forgives them”.

Believing the Christian dogma means I get to call anybody else
“antichrist” and judge them if they don’t agree with me without any
blame resting on my own shoulders because “Jesus is my righteousness”.

I am now free to impose moral authority on anybody else and condemn
them to hell because Jesus made me the judge of all mankind.

1Co 6:3 Know ye not that we shall judge angels? how much more things
that pertain to this life?

Well, I’m not your judge but you can take your Christian dogma and get
stuffed! If your deity doesn’t condemn you for not keeping the
Sabbath, he’s not condemning fags either, so bend over and take it
like a man. You can’t teach the Torah is abolished and then quote:

Lev 20:13 If a man also lie with mankind, as he lieth with a woman,
both of them have committed an abomination: they shall surely be put
to death; their blood shall be upon them.

You can’t teach the “end of law” and expect people to subscribe to Rom
1:27 And then teach men that your deity forgives you for all your sins
just by believing it to be so. It’s no wonder Jeffrey Dalmer the
cannibal murderer was a Christian! It’s also no wonder the Catholics
and Anglicans have homosexual ministers (but not woman)!

Americans should not hate the homosexuals because it is their beliefs
that have fostered them and nurtured them into the “community” that
they are. Hating homosexuals and violence against these people that
have been created by your own creation is evidence that you hate
yourselves and your own religion that has allowed this belief of the
“forbidden fruit” to flourish, is it a wonder that the United States
number one export to the world is pornography and violence?

Simply picking and choosing which moral code you want to uphold and
then telling everybody that Christ forgives you when you do is the
invitation to eat and swallow death. As you examine the political
landscape of division in America, it saddens me that the vast
majority, only seek to be the right in judging others rather than
judging themselves first.

The next time you decry homosexual marriage, remember it was your
religion and your teachings that fostered it. You did it not because
you followed Jesus but because you followed apostle Paul and YOU
preached against the law of the Torah!

http://groups.google.com/group/messianicYehoshua <-- please join

Mat 7:16 Ye shall know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes of
thorns, or figs of thistles?

Shalom,
*´¨)
¸.•´ ¸.•*´¨) ¸.•*¨)
(¸.•´ (¸.• (Snow(.¸.•*´¨)

Remember, a real decision is measured by the fact that you've taken
new action. If there's no action, you haven't truly decided.
Tony Robbins

Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path
and leave a trail. Though we travel the world over to find the
beautiful, we must carry it with us or we find it not.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

http://www.isr-messianic.org/ <- download scriptures free

bob young

Sep 30, 2009, 8:32:02 AM9/30/09

Ted L wrote:

> This short Christian gospel tract explains how nothing plus faith opens the
> door to God's eternal and abiding love, while forsaking the LORD will leave
> the soul undone...

Would you be kind enough to define 'soul' for me,
using modern every days terminology.

Thanks

bob young

Sep 30, 2009, 8:34:01 AM9/30/09

Ted L wrote:

SIN . . . . . . .

Sin is and always has been, a tool of the clergy, used and adopted to bolster
membership. It is seized upon because there is a universal distaste for it -
even a thief will become highly agitated when someone breaks into his home and
steals his loot.

Sin was around long before man could speak in a simple tongue, let alone write.
It has subsequently been hijacked, applied, used and manipulated with more
force and enthusiasm than any other piece of religious dogma.

Until clergymen and religionists defer from manipulating sin as a propagating
tool . . . . .

. . . . . they will never be entirely free from committing a sin themselves.

Ted L

Sep 30, 2009, 10:30:58 PM9/30/09
On Sep 29, 9:27 pm, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:

>...your statements are dismissed as presented just like
> ALL the other religions and gods are presented and rejected by YOU.- Hide quoted text -

Except by rejecting all other religions and gods I'm admitting that
there's nothing I can do through religion and gods to save myself from
the wrath of God...only faith in Jesus can deliver my soul from the
wages of sin and only by Him may I receive eternal life by what HE
did, and be born again through the conviction of the Holy Ghost by the
hearing of his word. All other faiths require you to do something
proactive in your own strength (i.e. by works) to reach whatever
spiritual bankruptcy they all offer. Jesus saves, not I save or you
save or he saves or she saves.

It's a win-win...except the whole trying the reins thing isn't a happy
fun thing all born-agains have to go through (Jeremiah 17:9-10)

Thommadura

Oct 1, 2009, 7:40:19 AM10/1/09

Sorry - but again - you say things that YOU have no actual knowledge of
= YOu cannot anything you attribute to the christ because YOU cannot
prove the christ ever lived - so all of your statements are Dismissed as
unsupported beleif without truth.

FOr example - you cannot prove a "soul" exists much less provide a
provable definition of what a "soul" is.

And quoting your bible - which remains belief - not PROVEN truth - can
be countered by quoting lots of other scripture that has the same
provable validity - the Koran says that the christ was NOT a god - was
not the son of a god - did not die on a cross - and the bible has been
compromised and is not accurate.

THe only supportable position is that of TRUTH and FACT - both of which
should be verifiable by EVERYONE - and NO religion can provide that. IF
a god was almighty - his religion WOULD be verifiable - so therefore
apparently gods are not almighty

walksalone

Oct 1, 2009, 5:18:34 PM10/1/09
guardian Snow <mr_snow...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in

204 lines really wasted the ratification of the ego of one each, snow.
Considering who his attempting to argue with, it's comical watching two
trolls go at it.

Through but not to snow, he's busy playing Don Quixote. A fine job he does.

> On Sep 29, 10:52�am, "Ted L" <spamtaddl...@gmail.com> wrote:

snip

>> God Loves
>> Youhttp://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tract_html/english/110_
> 1.html
>
> �The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that

> certain other sets of people are human.�
> Aldous Huxley
>
> What if, we lived in an alternate reality where homosexual marriage
> was the excepted norm of society?

Then the Judaic god in its redheaded stepchildren would not be in control
of the mobs of the world.

> I would naturally rally for marriage to be defined between a man and a
> woman and this alternate society would tell me that I have no right to

Why naturally? It's a civil institution designed for several basic civil
requirements. Until after the United States was a nation, if I recall
correctly, clergy did not even get to perform a marriage in the United
States. I got that one from Paul Harvey, again if I recall correctly. The
fact is, there's nothing sacred about marriage unless it's between those
two individuals who are married. No church blessing is required, but if you
want your children to inherit and not the state, you best be married.

> impose my beliefs upon them� The same is true in reverse! In an
> alternate reality, the homosexuals would complain that I am attempting
> to impose my moral values on them, which is exactly what they are
> doing to the rest of the world.

No, you are attempting to impose your moral values on them. If you tell
them they did not have the legal right to marry the person that they love,
and that's exactly what you are doing. I do not have the right to tell them
no, nor do you. If they are of sound mind, and they are in spite of what
some particularly weird people think, and the legal age, why should they
not benefit from the same legal protections you do?

By the way, I'm certain that given the population of the earth, there are
those that would marry who are not really of sound mind even though they
pass off as such. You come to mind.

> From my perspective, homosexuality is not natural and is undesirable

Yet, it is found throughout nature. Both genders get involved. So it is
natural, if you don't like it, don't do it. Of course, you may not like it
because, you've never been hit on by a homosexual so you could tell them
where to go.

> behavior. Several U.S. states in the last election passes laws that
> say Marriage is to be defined as between a man and a woman. My
> Christian brothers have rightly taken a hard line on the issue.

No, they have not. They have taken a religious line on it. A religion that
is really artificial to start with as well understood to be artificial by
anyone who is not emotionally dependent on it being true.

> It is unfortunate that one must take the hard line on this issue but
> past experience has taught us that if we give an inch, they will take
> a mile. A clear example is set by Canada where the portions of the
> Bible speaking about Homosexuality are considered, �Hate Speech� and
> it is now considered socially wrong to put these passages in a public
> forum.

It is hate speech, because xians and people like you used it to beat down
members of society when their holy books had nothing to do declaring it a
sin. The sin that they were complaining about, worshiping false gods. Of
course, this would require some study of history and you're not going to do
that because you may realize, how shaky your house of cards really is. It's
so much easier to say, no, they may not marry, no meaning I have equal
rights with everybody else, and no, not in my backyard.

> If we say it is alright for homosexual Marriage, where can we draw a
> moral line in the sand? Aren�t age of consent laws just another moral

You draw it to where it applies to you and those that think like you only.
You have not the right, specially not the moral right, to tell society what
it must do in order to appease your god.

> standard? Should we now allow adults to have sex with babies and
> children because some people believe society has wrongly imposed its

Yes, the good old, let's make them panic. In the 1st place, society has
noticed that sex with children is not beneficial to the society itself and
therefore rightly forbids it. Of course, this is beyond your ability to
comprehend and don't worry your pointy little head about it. Society we
asked problems it encounters by passing laws that prohibit those actions.
Ever hear the speed limit? No, it does not mean how much speed do you do it
one time.

> moral standards on other people? Some consider this just another
> �religious dogma� that should be abolished.

It is a religious dogma, as far as the marriage goes. As far as the
children go, it's perfectly acceptable if you follow the Hebrew Bible.

> http://www.nambla.org/
> NAMBLA is one such organization that tells us just that! They say
> it�s wrong to �persecute man/boy love�.

And yet, like you, they are free to express their opinion. Also like you,
they are not free to impose their opinion on society. I realize you don't
quite understand what's being said here, but maybe some of the audience may
well be able to clue you in. If it's any think you are worth the time.

> Sex is your choice, whether or not you have it and with whom you have
> it with, nobody forces you to have sex legally.

But you would like that wouldn't you. Keep your willy in your pants until
you're married boy.

Unlike children, adults can give their consent and understand what they are
consenting to. That's why various localities and municipalities have what
they call the age of consent for sex. You would like me to believe that
there is no practical difference between a shack up with somebody who knows
what they are doing and why, & a child who is to be trying to please an
adult. I don't believe you. But then, you're not very believable.

> The arguments put forward by the gay lobby is that Homosexuals deserve
> to have the same rights as people who are straight and that by denial
> of the �right of marriage� to them announces them as �second class
> citizens�. The fact is they have the same rights already under any
> law and so the reality is that they want to have their choice legally
> enshrined as a social value. They want special �civil rights� and
> usually say that being gay is not a choice and compare it to skin
> color as if somebody holds a gun to their head to make them have same
> sex partners.

They are correct, it's an orientation they have no means of controlling. I
used to think differently, but unlike you I have read the literature. The
preponderance of evidence is, there's nothing they can do about it.
Now it is especially a human event, there might be grounds for doubt. But
it's not. It's been observed and birds as well as mammals. I'm uncertain
about the other species, but I am familiar with those two.

> The reason one MUST take a hard line is because once we forever go
> down that road of �relative moral values�, you can�t turn back. It�s
> already controversial to speak on the homosexual issues in
> congregations and heaven forbid we speak about the high decease rate
> of AIDS and sexually transmitted viruses flourish among those that
> have sex outside of a single partner.

As usual, you and others of your attempted to make it appear that acquired
immune deficiency syndrome is unique to the homosexual/lesbian population.
It is not and to continue to attempt to do so in spite of the evidence to
the contrary is a bit more than dishonest.
As your pretension to know what relative moral values actually are, if you
are a believer you have no moral values of your own. You are told what they
would be in you being a good child of Glod, what do your best to comply but
still you see something you want to do that is excluded by those relative
moral values. At that time, you will justify not following them with one of
several justifications that supposedly your god cannot see through.

> By making it clear that I oppose homosexual marriage, I�m certain to
> be labeled by those who disagree with me with terms such as, �Nazi,

Ignorant, homophobic, maybe, certainly out of step with reality. And yes,
you're a bigot, a self-confessed bigot. You see it's quite all right to
believe certain actions should not be done in your presence, it is quite
all right to feel repugnance at the actions of others that do not stroke
your delicate sensibilities. But when you make them public and attempt to
imitate or simulate an authority on the subject, then you're all those
things you call yourself and more. Ignorance as never been a pretty thing
to watch in action.

> Homophobic, Right Wing Zealot� or any of the other labels they can
> apply to me that give off a negative connotation.

They don't have to give you a negative connotation, you already have given
it to yourself.

> To disagree with them does not mean I hate or fear homosexuality. I
> happen to have a few friends that are homosexual and my feelings are

Now there is a puzzlement. You having friends. It's not that it's an
impossibility, but I can imagine the expense of the butcher bill buying
pork chops to tie around your neck so dogs might like you. It's been my
observation over the years, that when people do not agree with each other
as life, or the basics therein, they don't become friends. I rather suspect
you neither tolerate or accept homosexuals in your presence willingly. That
would fit with what I have seen around the world.

> well known to them. I neither hate nor fear anything about them, I
> just have no desire to share their values or lack of. I find it
> interesting that this same standard is used by all people.

Do you realize what you just wrote, or do you wonder but he could guess
what it was you meant to write? Then absolutely makes no sense whatsoever.
I don't use your standards, mine are much higher. But then, I live within a
society that has room for almost everyone who is willing to get along with
others.

snip it appeared to be starting out the same way as the other even though
it had been expanded on and a few other things added to it. Basically it
was simply another unsupportable snow job like the following. But aren't
they all?

alt.bible,aus.religion.christian,alt.religion.christian.biblestudy,alt.mess
ianic.yeshua,alt.religion.christian.baptist

Newsgroups:
alt.religion.christian.baptist,alt.christnet.christianlife,alt.messianic.ye
shua,alt.bible,alt.messianic
Subject: The battle of Good and Evil
Date: Mon, 13 Apr 2009 09:40:13 -0700 (PDT)

> Were you going to comment and decided not too?

Neither, but that does not concern you. What does concern the
audience is your posturing & speaking of things you are glaringly
ignorant of.

To wit: the title of this thread you introduced & crossposted in
order to impress yourself.

There is no battle between good & evil, just people like you
pretending there is.

Good: an artificial concept used to describe things we want to do,
or have done to us. In nature, which we are part of, there is no
collective concious concept of good.
In the religious sense, what you want others to do.

Evil: Another artificial concept used to describe things we don't
want, or don't want done to ourselves.
In the religious sense, what you want others to do.

Collectively, used to mold peoples mental patterns in an effort to
control them. Both politicians & high & low priests use the terms
interchangably.

The concepts are useful when used as something other than boogey men.

Good, that which befefits a society, or gene pool, preferrably
without harming others.

Bad, that which harms a society or gene pool by causeing harm to
others, or a gene pool.

Now, you can play with those observations, you can play with the
dictionary & claim they are wrong. Or you can show them to be wrong
& you to be right. Care to play?

Hint, I will cram your attempts to divert & sidetrack by employing
scripture as an authority right back down your throat.
After all, what makes yolu think that if the Hebrew Bible & Greek
testments have historical errors, & they do, they don't have
mythological claims for the truth wrong as well.

No, that is not a threat, I don't bother with them. It is a fact.

Your only choice, should you elect to play BMOC, is to address the
concepts & falsify them.

walksalone who has no doubt that some of his social acquaintances may be
homosexual, and even less doubt that they are entitled to every civil
liberty or obligation that I am as long as they remain useful members of
this society. And useful does not necessarily mean anything but doing the
same thing everyone else is doing without violating or breaking the law.
There are many things in today's society that do not appeal to me, but I
can tolerate people that do that, as well as accept them for who and what
they are. It's not a question of religious morals in my case, it's a case
of what is right for myself, them and society.

Prayer doesn't help heart patients in U.S., study finds
Last Updated Thu, 30 Mar 2006 14:26:55 EST
CBC News

Having people pray for heart bypass patients had no effect on their
recoveries in an American study, researchers say.

The scientists, led by Dr. Herbert Benson of Harvard Medical School,
emphasized that they looked only at the effect of prayer on the patients in
their study � and could not address questions such as whether God exists or
answers prayers.

The research, which is to be published in the April 2006 issue of the
American Heart Journal, involved about 1,800 patients at six medical
centres.

Three Christian groups were asked to pray for particular patients, starting
the night before their surgeries and continuing for two weeks.

The volunteers were given a patient's given name and last initial, and
prayed for "a successful surgery with a quick, healthy recovery and no
complications."

Patients were divided into three groups:

One set of patients was being prayed for and knew it.
The second group was also the subject of prayers, but only knew it was a
possibility.
Patients in the third group weren't prayed for, although they were told
they might be.

The researchers did not tell patients or their families or friends to
change their plans for praying, saying it would have been impractical and
unethical to do so.

More complications among patients who knew they were prayed for

The patients were then monitored for 30 days for any complications.

The results showed no effect of prayer on the patients' recovery, the
researchers said in the journal article, Study of the Therapeutic Effects
of Intercessory Prayer (STEP) in cardiac bypass patients.

The study found 59 per cent of the patients who knew they were being prayed
for developed medical complications. Among those who thought they might be
prayed for, 52 per cent had complications.

The researchers said they had no explanation for the higher complication
rate among patients who knew they were being prayed for.

The work was funded by the Templeton Foundation, which supports research
into science and religion.

Ted L

Oct 1, 2009, 11:25:36 PM10/1/09
On Oct 1, 6:40 am, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:
> FOr example  - you cannot prove a "soul" exists much less provide a
> provable definition of what a "soul" is.

And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed
into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
(Genesis 2:7)

> And quoting your bible - which remains belief - not PROVEN truth - can
> be countered by quoting lots of other scripture that has the same
> provable validity - the Koran says that the christ was NOT a god - was
> not the son of a god - did not die on a cross - and the bible has been
> compromised and is not accurate.

"And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of
light."(Gal 1:8)

> THe only supportable position is that of TRUTH and FACT - both of which

"Jesus saith unto him, I am...the truth" John 14:6

> should be verifiable by EVERYONE - and NO religion can provide that. IF
> a god was almighty - his religion WOULD be verifiable  - so therefore

> apparently gods are not almighty-

"that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath
shewed it unto them. " (Romans 1:18, Genesis 3:14-19)

Thommadura

Oct 2, 2009, 7:04:42 AM10/2/09
Ted L wrote:
> On Oct 1, 6:40 am, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:
>> FOr example - you cannot prove a "soul" exists much less provide a
>> provable definition of what a "soul" is.
>
> And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed
> into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
> (Genesis 2:7)

Sorry Ted - the Bible is a religious belief - NOT PROOF of anything
anymore than the Egyptian Book of the dead - or the Koran is.

So - Quoting YOUR belief to support your belief is NONSENSE

>> And quoting your bible - which remains belief - not PROVEN truth - can
>> be countered by quoting lots of other scripture that has the same
>> provable validity - the Koran says that the christ was NOT a god - was
>> not the son of a god - did not die on a cross - and the bible has been
>> compromised and is not accurate.
>
> "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of
> light."(Gal 1:8)

Again - the BIBLE is NOT proven truth

>> THe only supportable position is that of TRUTH and FACT - both of which
>
> "Jesus saith unto him, I am...the truth" John 14:6
>
>> should be verifiable by EVERYONE - and NO religion can provide that. IF
>> a god was almighty - his religion WOULD be verifiable - so therefore
>> apparently gods are not almighty-
>
> "that which may be known of God is manifest in them; for God hath
> shewed it unto them. " (Romans 1:18, Genesis 3:14-19)

Again - NO proven truth - dismissed as REligious belief - nothing More

ThomM

Oct 2, 2009, 9:54:41 AM10/2/09

I accept that in QUOTING the religious myth of the BIBLE that is NOT
proven to be truth

THat YOU agree that the "soul" is also religious myth that YOU have
not proven to be otherwise - as well as the rest of the story of your
religion

Barry OGrady

Oct 2, 2009, 10:57:48 AM10/2/09
On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 01:35:28 GMT, "Ted L" <spamta...@gmail.com> wrote:

>"Thommadura" <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in message
>
>> SHow how your god "loved" watching the priests molesting children
>> Or how he LOVED the children killed in the Holocaust - or the world wars -
>> or [v]arious terrorist attacks.
>>
>> If your god actually existed - he would set the definition of a pervert -
>> just looking down and being "amused" - but doing nothing
>

>Maybe you should try drawing near to him where sin cannot be found, rather
>than blaming him from your place in the darkness where sin does
>abound?.

Maybe God could extend his area of influence so sin does not exist anywhere....
but that requires God to exist.

>..but that requires repentance toward God and recognizing the
>Lordship of Jesus Christ in your life, which places you squarely at war with
>the sin you'll be set free from by faith in Jesus.

So, you think its OK for God to be amused and do nothing?

Barry
=====
Home page
http://members.iinet.net.au/~barry.og

Thommadura

Oct 2, 2009, 11:40:53 AM10/2/09
Barry OGrady wrote:
> On Wed, 30 Sep 2009 01:35:28 GMT, "Ted L" <spamta...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> "Thommadura" <tomm...@optonline.net> wrote in message
>>
>>> SHow how your god "loved" watching the priests molesting children
>>> Or how he LOVED the children killed in the Holocaust - or the world wars -
>>> or [v]arious terrorist attacks.
>>>
>>> If your god actually existed - he would set the definition of a pervert -
>>> just looking down and being "amused" - but doing nothing
>>
>> Maybe you should try drawing near to him where sin cannot be found, rather
>> than blaming him from your place in the darkness where sin does
>> abound?.
>
> Maybe God could extend his area of influence so sin does not exist anywhere....
> but that requires God to exist.

Which almighty gods are apparently unable to do

IF gods are so vain that they want to be worshipped - adored - and
prayed to - why would a god allow the mistaken belief in other gods?

The first things theists do is tell us what their almighty gods CANNOT do.

Or they speak from both sides of their mouth - for instance

If the christ was a god (If the christ actually existed) - and he is
part of the trinity of ONE god - (WHich christianity claims) -then he is
immortal - no beginning and no end(WHich is their claim). So he was not
BORN in a manger - and did not die on a cross. Some christian claim that
the christ was TOTALLY human when on earth. Humans cannot perform
miracles. So - either the christ did not perform the miracles attributed
to him and was totally human - or - he wasn't totally human and there
was no real sacrifice. If he WAS totally human - then he could not be
part of the trinity of one god - since he was NOT a god.

>> ..but that requires repentance toward God and recognizing the
>> Lordship of Jesus Christ in your life, which places you squarely at war with
>> the sin you'll be set free from by faith in Jesus.

Which of course it pure belief that has no basis in fact

> So, you think its OK for God to be amused and do nothing?

The catholic church is paying out BILLIONS of dollars to settle cases of
child molestation of priests against altar servers and other children

If a god actually existed - apparently the pervert only WATCHES - and
does nothing.

However - as we KNOW -

No god has proven its own existence

AND no human has ever proven a god exists either

As far as the title of the thread - there are LOTS of examples of the
total lack of love in the god of the BIBLE (noting that the christ never
claimed to be a god - but also that christianity claim they have ONE god.

bob young

Oct 3, 2009, 12:19:02 AM10/3/09

Thommadura wrote:

> Ted L wrote:
> > On Oct 1, 6:40 am, Thommadura <tommad...@optonline.net> wrote:
> >> FOr example - you cannot prove a "soul" exists much less provide a
> >> provable definition of what a "soul" is.
> >
> > And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed
> > into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.
> > (Genesis 2:7)
>
> Sorry Ted - the Bible is a religious belief - NOT PROOF of anything
> anymore than the Egyptian Book of the dead - or the Koran is.
>
> So - Quoting YOUR belief to support your belief is NONSENSE
>

> >> And quoting your bible - which remains belief - not PROVEN truth - can
> >> be countered by quoting lots of other scripture that has the same
> >> provable validity - the Koran says that the christ was NOT a god - was
> >> not the son of a god - did not die on a cross - and the bible has been
> >> compromised and is not accurate.
> >
> > "And no marvel; for Satan himself is transformed into an angel of
> > light."(Gal 1:8)
>
> Again - the BIBLE is NOT proven truth

We humans have a severe mental thing about the written word.

I remember on basic training in the British army fifty years ago - any
private was at the mercy on an NCO as he walked alone across the camp parade
ground. He could be put on jankers for not marching in the prescribed
manner, questioned about were he was going and who sent him, etc.

But there 'was' a dodge that always worked. "Carry a folded piece of
official looking paper in your hand" the other privates said, "then no
sergeant will ever stop you."

And it worked.

The fools quoting this book do not realize that it didn't exist until around
the year 1200 and even then they would not have been able to read the
language it was in. Have them walk along a street in Jerusalem in the year
1000 and stop someone saying "Excuse me sir, but where can I buy a bible"
the answer would have been . . . . . .

"Buy a WHAT " ?

Thommadura

Oct 3, 2009, 7:32:45 AM10/3/09

They ALSO ignore a more basic situation - it is NOT a choice between the
non-belief and ONLY their belief. In fact - there are over 39,000
different christian sects - so even christianity is not a single belief.

However - there are religions that are far older that christianity
(Judaism being one of them -= as well as Hindu) THere are literally
millions of "Scripture" - since that word is defined as religious
writings - and theirs is no more proven than any of the others. But more
important - it is easy to contradict the posts they make from the bible
- with ---- quotes from the bible itself. THere are so many
contradictions and outright falsehoods in the bible that anyone who
would claim it to be "true" has to have never read it.

And those that claim that the christ originated anything said there have
also never read the scripture of other prior religions - ie - prior to
the writing of the bible in the 4th century CE - since virtually all of
it has been said MANY times before.

Thommadura

Oct 14, 2009, 2:46:14 PM10/14/09
guardian Snow wrote:
> On Sep 29, 10:52 am, "Ted L" <spamtaddl...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> This short Christian gospel tract explains how nothing plus faith opens the
>> door to God's eternal and abiding love, while forsaking the LORD will leave
>> the soul undone...
>> God Loves Youhttp://www.fellowshiptractleague.org/tract_html/english/110_1.html
>
> �The propagandist's purpose is to make one set of people forget that
> certain other sets of people are human.�

> Aldous Huxley
>
> What if, we lived in an alternate reality where homosexual marriage
> was the excepted norm of society?
>
> I would naturally rally for marriage to be defined between a man and a
> woman and this alternate society would tell me that I have no right to
> impose my beliefs upon them� The same is true in reverse! In an

> alternate reality, the homosexuals would complain that I am attempting
> to impose my moral values on them, which is exactly what they are
> doing to the rest of the world.
>
> From my perspective, homosexuality is not natural and is undesirable
> behavior.

But since YOU are no expert on the issue =- why should we care about it.

Several U.S. states in the last election passes laws that
> say Marriage is to be defined as between a man and a woman. My
> Christian brothers have rightly taken a hard line on the issue.

Not rightly - there is not proof that it is correct

> It is unfortunate that one must take the hard line on this issue but
> past experience has taught us that if we give an inch, they will take
> a mile. A clear example is set by Canada where the portions of the

> Bible speaking about Homosexuality are considered, �Hate Speech� and

> it is now considered socially wrong to put these passages in a public
> forum.

SO - you advocate putting HATE messages in the public forum then
Interersting admission

> If we say it is alright for homosexual Marriage, where can we draw a
> moral line in the sand?

What moral line are you talking about?
Even YOU are talking through both sides of your mouth

Biologically - there is NO basis for marriage to begin with. In the
animal kingdom - it is the rare exception when a male and female mate
for life. In fact - it is the rare exception when a male stays with the
female through the pregnancy as well.

IF marriage itself was the will of your god - then why don't ALL animals
do it? THere is no basis for your saying that morality has something to
do with it.

At the same time - in the United States - the states with the highest
divorce rates are those bible belt states with the most fundatmental
christians - the rate of divorce in christian Louisiana which is the
state with the highest number of fundamental christians - is over twice
that of New YOrk or California. Athiest and Agnostics have the LOWEST
divorce rates of all (From the christian research complany - the Barna
Group)

So - one cannot claim the moral high ground as a theist on marriage -
when non-believers have the lowest divorce rates.

The Barna Research Group, an evangelical Christian organization that
does surveys and research to better understand what Christians believe
and how they behave, studied divorce rates in America in 1999 and found
surprising evidence that divorce is far lower among atheists than among
conservative Christians � exactly the opposite of what they were
probably expecting.

11% of all American adults are divorced
25% of all American adults have had at least one divorce

27% of born-again Christians have had at least one divorce
24% of all non-born-again Christians have been divorced

21% of atheists have been divorced
21% of Catholics and Lutherans have been divorced
24% of Mormons have been divorced
25% of mainstream Protestants have been divorced
29% of Baptists have been divorced
24% of nondenominational, independent Protestants have been divorced

So - when YOU make claims - back them up with fact -

The actual REALITY of religion is the opposite of what YOU claim