December 2nd - Blessed Rafal Chylinski

Trudie

Dec 1, 2007, 3:43:46 PM12/1/07
December 2nd - Blessed Rafal Chylinski

(1694-1741)
The Cavalry Officer who was ordained a Franciscan priest, a humble sinner who
became a saint

Born near Buk in the Poznan region of Poland, Melchior showed early signs of
religious devotion; family members nicknamed him "the little monk." After
completing his studies at the Jesuit college in Poznan, Melchior joined the
cavalry and was promoted to the rank of officer within three years.

Against the urgings of his military comrades, in 1715 Melchior joined the
Conventual Franciscans in Kraków, receiving the name Rafal, and was ordained two
years later.

Rafal played the harp, lute and mandolin to accompany liturgical hymns. In
Lagiewniki he distributed food, supplies and clothing to the poor. After his
death, the Conventual church in that city became a place of pilgrimage for
people throughout Poland. He was beatified in Warsaw in 1991.

http://www.americancatholic.org/Features/SaintOfDay/default.asp?id=1217

Saint Quote:
An innumerable company of angels, and the spirits of the just; - we dwell under
their shadow; we are baptized into their fellowship; we are allotted their
guardianship; we are remembered, as we trust, in their prayers. We dwell in the
very presence and court of God himself, and of his eternal Son our Savior, who
died for us, and rose again, and now intercedes for us before the throne. We
have privileges surely far greater than Elisha's; but of the same kind. Angels
are among us, and are powerful to do anything. And they do wonders for the
believing, which the world knows nothing about. According to our faith, so it is
done unto us. Only believe, and all things are ours. We shall have clear and
deeply-seeded convictions in our minds of the reality of the invisible world,
though we cannot communicate them to others, or explain how we come to have
them.
-St. John Henry Newman

Bible Quote
21 That they all may be one, as thou, Father, in me, and I in thee; that they
also may be one in us; that the world may believe that thou hast sent me.
(John 17:21)

<><><><>
Special Promise to earn "World Peace"

O Jesus Divine Saviour! be merciful, be merciful to us and to
the whole world. Amen. Powerful God! Holy God! Immortal
God! have compassion upon us and the upon the whole
world. Amen. Grace and mercy, my Jesus, during the present
danger! Shield us with Thy Precious Blood. Amen. Eternal
Father, show us mercy in the name of the Precious Blood of
Thy only Son; show us mercy, we implore Thee. Amen.

[ According to information from a reliable source, the above
prayer was disclosed to a devout priest in Rome during the
Holy Sacrifice of the Mass, when it was revealed to him that
those who say the prayer with devotion and faith would be
spared from the "Great Sufferings" that are soon to come into
the "Whole World." ]

[ A Berardine Sister was shown in spirit the vast desolation
caused by the devil throughout the world, and at the same
time she heard the Blessed Virgin Mary telling her it was true,
hell had been let loose upon the earth; and that the time had
come to pray to her as Queen of Angels and to ask of her the
assistance of the Heavenly Legions to fight against these
deadly foes of God and of men. "But my good Mother," she
replied, "you who are so kind, could you not send them
without our asking?" "No," Our Lady answered, "because
prayer is one of the conditions required by God Himself for
obtaining favors." Then Our Blessed Virgin Mary
communicated the following prayer, bidding her to get this
prayer printed and distribute it gratis. - Free. ]

Special Prayer : to Our Blessed Mary - Queen of Angels

August Queen of heaven, sovereign Mistress of the Angels,
who did receive from the beginning the mission and power to
crush the serpent's head. We beseech thee to send thy holy
angels, that under thy command and by thy power they may
pursue the evil spirits, encounter them on every side, resist
their bold attacks, and drive them hence into the abyss of
woe.

· Most Holy Mother, send thy angels to defend us and
drive the cruel enemy form us. Amen.
· O good and tender Mother! Thou shall ever be our Love
and our Hope.
· Holy Angels and Archangels, keep and defend us.
Amen.
· Jesus, Mary, Joseph, - I love you - save souls!