Re: Why does the Catholic Church discourage Bible reading when, according to the

duke

Apr 22, 2012, 9:05:30 AM4/22/12
On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:32:42 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:

>In article <il55p7psn9sg9ft9v...@4ax.com>, duke
><duckg...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 20 Apr 2012 06:35:24 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:

>means."

>>>• The house has been cleaned - - - again.
>>
>>A massive cleaning started in the early 1980's.
>>
>• The Fr. Gauthe scandal was in 1985.

Beginning or end?

duke, American - American

*****
1 John 3:4-6
4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact,
sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he
appeared so that he might take away our sins.
And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in
him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to
sin has either seen him or known him.
*****

arah

Apr 22, 2012, 10:21:14 AM4/22/12
So that no one will read the following statement by Jesus

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came
not so send peace, but a sword.

"For I am come to set a man at variance against his
father, and the daughter against her mother, and the
daughter in law against her mother in law.

"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."

- Matthew 10:34-36.

On Apr 22, 4:05 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:32:42 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:
>

> >In article <il55p7psn9sg9ft9vnng8pgijoip9rv...@4ax.com>, duke

Patrick

Apr 22, 2012, 1:22:38 PM4/22/12
"arah" <drjan...@gmail.com> wrote in message
So that no one will read the following statement by Jesus

"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came
not so send peace, but a sword.

Yowzer, the boy can read.

duke

Apr 23, 2012, 6:58:40 AM4/23/12
On Sun, 22 Apr 2012 07:21:14 -0700 (PDT), arah <drjan...@gmail.com> wrote:

>So that no one will read the following statement by Jesus

>"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came
>not so send peace, but a sword.
>"For I am come to set a man at variance against his
>father, and the daughter against her mother, and the
>daughter in law against her mother in law.
>"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."
>- Matthew 10:34-36.

Yes, when Jesus came, he called for the new covenant to replace the outdated old
covenant. One family said yes, one said no. One family became Christian, one
remained a Jew. No mention of muslims.

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 23, 2012, 8:19:44 AM4/23/12
In article <eg08p795o8j83rccc...@4ax.com>, duke
• Gauthe is still alive and quite probaably still looking for boy butt.
That's what he does Duke.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

Seth lePod

Apr 24, 2012, 1:32:07 AM4/24/12

:

:
> Yes, when Jesus came, he called for the new covenant to replace the outdated old
> covenant. One family said yes, one said no. One family became Christian, one
> remained a Jew. No mention of muslims.

So your eternal unwavering god makes covenants with its people...
and then changes its mind? Its promises come with a best-by date?

If I believed in such a god, I'd be on edge that it might do
that very same thing again, to you. Any day now.

Seth

Jason

Apr 24, 2012, 1:44:34 AM4/24/12
In article
<bed24020-2944-4f48...@36g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>, Seth
lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Apr 23, 3:58=A0am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> :
> > >So that no one will read the following statement by Jesus
> :
> > >"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came
> > >not so send peace, but a sword.
> > >"For I am come to set a man at variance against his
> > >father, and the daughter against her mother, and the
> > >daughter in law against her mother in law.
> > >"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."
> > >- Matthew 10:34-36.
>

> :
> > Yes, when Jesus came, he called for the new covenant to replace the outda=
> ted old
> > covenant. One family said yes, one said no. One family became Christia=
> n, one
> > remained a Jew. No mention of muslims.
>
> So your eternal unwavering god makes covenants with its people...
> and then changes its mind? Its promises come with a best-by date?
>
> If I believed in such a god, I'd be on edge that it might do
> that very same thing again, to you. Any day now.
>
> Seth

> Painter

> azor

> 309

> > duke, American - American
> >
> > *****
> > 1 John 3:4-6
> > 4 Everyone who sins breaks the law; in fact,
> > sin is lawlessness. 5 But you know that he
> > appeared so that he might take away our sins.
> > And in him is no sin. 6 No one who lives in
> > him keeps on sinning. No one who continues to
> > sin has either seen him or known him.
> > *****

Because they don't want Catholics to learn the truths that are in the
Bible. If they do--they will end up joining some other Christian church
such as pentacostal churches.

duke

Apr 24, 2012, 7:36:29 AM4/24/12
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:32:07 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Apr 23, 3:58 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>:
>> >So that no one will read the following statement by Jesus
>:
>> >"Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came
>> >not so send peace, but a sword.
>> >"For I am come to set a man at variance against his
>> >father, and the daughter against her mother, and the
>> >daughter in law against her mother in law.
>> >"And a man's foes shall be they of his own household."
>> >- Matthew 10:34-36.
>

>:
>> Yes, when Jesus came, he called for the new covenant to replace the outdated old
>> covenant. One family said yes, one said no. One family became Christian, one
>> remained a Jew. No mention of muslims.
>
>So your eternal unwavering god makes covenants with its people...
>and then changes its mind? Its promises come with a best-by date?

Actually, it's called man(kind) growing up and ready for more.

>If I believed in such a god, I'd be on edge that it might do
>that very same thing again, to you. Any day now.
>Seth

It doesn't matter if you believe or not. You sound like you're already on the
spiritual suicide, no-fly list now.

duke

Apr 24, 2012, 7:38:11 AM4/24/12
Now listen to this foolish person put his two cents in - not understanding that
there is one printed word (bible) for all, and it's the pentacostals that reject
most of the bible.

duke

Apr 24, 2012, 7:38:45 AM4/24/12
But you said 1985.

Alan Ferris

Apr 24, 2012, 7:59:01 AM4/24/12
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 06:38:11 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>Because they don't want Catholics to learn the truths that are in the
>>Bible. If they do--they will end up joining some other Christian church
>>such as pentacostal churches.
>
>Now listen to this foolish person put his two cents in - not understanding that
>there is one printed word (bible) for all, and it's the pentacostals that reject
>most of the bible.

And what do you reject when you lie to priests:

Apr 24, 2012, 8:31:27 AM4/24/12
In article <g54dp7lq5irucnkuk...@4ax.com>, duke
• Fr. Gsuthe is out of jail
and likely looking for boy butt to impale. That's his hobby Duke.

� R. L. Measures.

Apr 24, 2012, 8:46:21 AM4/24/12
In article <l95dp715ki26908u7...@4ax.com>, Alan Ferris
� Oh no Alan, not our Duke.

Seth lePod

Apr 24, 2012, 10:25:29 PM4/24/12
On Apr 24, 4:38 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:44:34 -0700, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> >In article
> ><bed24020-2944-4f48-9a17-a5e795eb7...@36g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>, Seth
Yep, they reject the apocrypha in the same
way that you reject The Pearl of Great Price.

Seth

Seth lePod

Apr 24, 2012, 10:39:11 PM4/24/12
On Apr 24, 4:36 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:32:07 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Apr 23, 3:58 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>
> >:
> >:

:
> >> Yes, when Jesus came, he called for the new covenant to replace the outdated old
> >> covenant. One family said yes, one said no. One family became Christian, one
> >> remained a Jew. No mention of muslims.
:
> >So your eternal unwavering god makes covenants with its people...
> >and then changes its mind? Its promises come with a best-by date?
:
> Actually, it's called man(kind) growing up and ready for more.

And if your god decides tomorrow that
man(kind) has grown up even further, and is now
ready for ... <SURPRISE!!> the New New
Covenant -- and you and yours will be as out of
it as those folks who won't turn on an oven
on the Sabbath or trim their beards, because
they['re still falling for your inconsistent
and capricious god's first "promise"...

Remember, he blindsided his "chosen" once
before.

:
:
> It doesn't matter if you believe or not. You sound like you're already on the
> spiritual suicide, no-fly list now.

<SNORT!> Sorry, but I stopped checking for
The Thing under my bed when I was seven. If
good old-fashioned hell and brimstone
evangelical preachers can't scare me into
heaven, then your clumsy bogey-man gambits
hardly will.

Seth

duke

Apr 25, 2012, 8:12:24 AM4/25/12
Haahaahaa.

duke

Apr 25, 2012, 8:13:23 AM4/25/12
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:25:29 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
???

duke

Apr 25, 2012, 8:18:04 AM4/25/12
On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:39:11 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Apr 24, 4:36 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 22:32:07 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com>
>> wrote:

>:
>> >So your eternal unwavering god makes covenants with its people...
>> >and then changes its mind? Its promises come with a best-by date?
>:
>> Actually, it's called man(kind) growing up and ready for more.

>And if your god decides tomorrow that
>man(kind) has grown up even further, and is now
>ready for ... <SURPRISE!!> the New New
>Covenant -- and you and yours will be as out of
>it as those folks who won't turn on an oven
>on the Sabbath or trim their beards, because
>they['re still falling for your inconsistent
>and capricious god's first "promise"...

Two points:
1. He already stated there will be no more.
2. I wouldn't be stupid like the Jews and reject his word.

>Remember, he blindsided his "chosen" once
>before.

He did?? Then why did the OT cup runneth over with prophesies of a coming
messiah?

>> >If I believed in such a god, I'd be on edge that it might do
>> >that very same thing again, to you. Any day now.
>> >Seth
>:
>> It doesn't matter if you believe or not. You sound like you're already on the
>> spiritual suicide, no-fly list now.

><SNORT!> Sorry, but I stopped checking for
>The Thing under my bed when I was seven. If
>good old-fashioned hell and brimstone
>evangelical preachers can't scare me into
>heaven, then your clumsy bogey-man gambits
>hardly will.
>Seth

Great, but if you one day ask "what are those flames for", don't blame me
because you refused to listen.

duke

Apr 25, 2012, 8:18:52 AM4/25/12
What's the matter? Can't say if it was the beginning or the end?

Alan Ferris

Apr 25, 2012, 12:57:32 PM4/25/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:12:24 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>>Dear Mr. Weber,
>>> It was bad enough that we received your spiteful letters.
>>>But to now post hateful messages to the Rectory Office is
>>>beyond what even I can accept.
>>>
>>> I am not sure if you are a Christian or not. But as a
>>>Catholic I can tell you that we consider it a sin to spread gossip
>>>about other people. Also some of the language you use is not just
>>>disgusting, it truly caused upset in some of the ladies who were
>>>unfortunate enough to read your emails to the Parish.
>>>
>>> If I ever receive one more email or letter from you I shall be
>>>forced to go to the police. This behaviour of yours is unwarranted
>>>and is frightening to both my staff and myself.
>>>
>>> I shall pray that you find the comfort you are so desperately
>>>seeking. I suggest you look to the arms of our Lord Jesus.
>>>
>>> God bless you.
>
>>• Oh no Alan, not our Duke.
>
>Haahaahaa.

Showing your less than christian side again Earl. Why is it you
manage to lie to so many priests?

=========================
"Secondly, I *never* lied to my priest." - Earl
====

Well, he told me that it was his understanding that you would not be
posting here anymore. If you didn't lie to him outright, you certainly
deceived him.

No, it was not Andy, at least not when I called Fr. Vu. And I don't
have to lie to say I am a priest in good standing, I *am* a priest in
good standing. I tried six ways from Sunday to explain to you why you
ought not post here. I tried an appeal from Christian Charity. I tried
an appeal from good manners. I tried an appeal simply from what is
*right.*

You weren't having any of it.

You embarrass me, Earl. If the Church were even halfway what your
example presents it to be, I'd have left a long time ago.

And as for that nonsense about how you "listen to priests who are in
good standing," I think we all know by now (participants and lurkers
alike) the true value of ANY statement you make.

Rob (a.k.a The Rev. Robert M. Dye, Diocese of Tulsa, Oklahoma)
=============================
http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=35AD7A9D.233F%40writeme.com&output=gplain

Alan Ferris

Apr 25, 2012, 12:58:44 PM4/25/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:18:04 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>And if your god decides tomorrow that
>>man(kind) has grown up even further, and is now
>>ready for ... <SURPRISE!!> the New New
>>Covenant -- and you and yours will be as out of
>>it as those folks who won't turn on an oven
>>on the Sabbath or trim their beards, because
>>they['re still falling for your inconsistent
>>and capricious god's first "promise"...
>
>Two points:
>1. He already stated there will be no more.
>2. I wouldn't be stupid like the Jews and reject his word.

He has said that more than once.....

"Nobody had money 2000 years ago."
"no one had a job, so no money."
"The only salaried person back then was Herod's concubine"
- duke (Earl J Weber)

Alan Ferris

Apr 25, 2012, 1:00:06 PM4/25/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 07:18:52 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>• Fr. Gsuthe is out of jail
>>and likely looking for boy butt to impale. That's his hobby Duke.
>
>What's the matter?

That says a lot about Earl that he sees nothing wrong with a man
raping children. But when you read this you will understand why:

"Ever wonder how many male parents teasingly pinched their
young daughters on their newly budding breasts, or female
parents "touch" their young son's genitals in just the
wrong way - only now to have to stand accused of a charge
of sexual molestation of children." - duke (Earl J Weber)

"only a fool fails to understand that a lot of fathers
teasingly pinch their daughters and mothers teasingly touch
their sons. It's called child molestation outside the
family unit." - duke (Earl J Weber)

"I was talking about a loving family teasingly pinching
nipples (pre breast type) and comparing how that's quite
alright in a family setting but clearly and quickly labeled
as child molestation outside the family setting."

Seth lePod

Apr 25, 2012, 2:59:28 PM4/25/12
On Apr 25, 5:18 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:39:11 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>

> >On Apr 24, 4:36 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

> >:
> >:
> >> Actually, it's called man(kind) growing up and ready for more.

:
> >And if your god decides tomorrow that
> >man(kind) has grown up even further, and is now
> >ready for ... <SURPRISE!!> the New New
> >Covenant -- and you and yours will be as out of
> >it as those folks who won't turn on an oven
> >on the Sabbath or trim their beards, because
> >they['re still falling for your inconsistent
> >and capricious god's first "promise"...
:
> Two points:
> 1. He already stated there will be no more.

He did? Where,exactly?

> 2. I wouldn't be stupid like the Jews and reject his word.

Of course the Mormons can say exactly that
same thing as regards you.
:
:
> He did?? Then why did the OT cup runneth over with prophesies of a coming
> messiah?

"...why did the OT cup runneth over?" Duke,
PLEASE don't go mangling Elizabethan English
like that. It makes my ears ache.

Why? For exactly the same reason that other
cultures have prophecies of coming (or
returning) messiahs like Arthur, Prester
John, the Hidden Imam, Quetzocoatl, and John
Frum. People like to hope someone will come
along and rescue them from oppression.

Which is exactly what the Old Testament
prophecies of a messiah promised: that
someone would come along and not only free
the Israelites from bondage, but lead them in
conquering their neighbors.

So, how'd that work out for them?

:

:
> Great, but if you one day ask "what are those flames for", don't blame me

Duke, explain something to me: why would I,
why would anyone, want to be anywhere near a
Thing so monstrously evil that It could toss
billions of people into the fire? Why would I
want to be around such a sadist for one
second, let alone forever and ever?

Seth

Seth lePod

Apr 25, 2012, 3:03:09 PM4/25/12
On Apr 25, 5:13 am, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 24 Apr 2012 19:25:29 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com>
<facepalm>

Wow. Wow wow wow...

Well, you certainly have now answered my
question as to whether you had examined the
other major religions before returning to
Catholicism...

Seth

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 25, 2012, 3:56:48 PM4/25/12
In article <9sqfp7t0etm18q0k2...@4ax.com>, duke
• He's in his mid-60s and probably still at it.

duke

Apr 25, 2012, 5:00:11 PM4/25/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:59:28 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
When he announced the new, but not a new/new.

>> 2. I wouldn't be stupid like the Jews and reject his word.
>Of course the Mormons can say exactly that
>same thing as regards you.

Mormans are not Christians. I needn't worry.

>> >Remember, he blindsided his "chosen" once
>> >before.

>> He did?? Then why did the OT cup runneth over with prophesies of a coming
>> messiah?

>"...why did the OT cup runneth over?" Duke,
>PLEASE don't go mangling Elizabethan English
>like that. It makes my ears ache.

The old testament cup runneth over with the prophesies os a coming messiah. If
you don't get that simple fact, go find some other place to play.

>Why? For exactly the same reason that other
>cultures have prophecies of coming (or
>returning) messiahs like Arthur, Prester
>John, the Hidden Imam, Quetzocoatl, and John
>Frum. People like to hope someone will come
>along and rescue them from oppression.

I don't play with dolls.

>Which is exactly what the Old Testament
>prophecies of a messiah promised: that
>someone would come along and not only free
>the Israelites from bondage, but lead them in
>conquering their neighbors.

You just accepted all the prophesies. Fortuantely, they expected a warrior king
and instead he showed up as a man of love.

>So, how'd that work out for them?

Absolutely wonderful for the Jews that got the message and became Christians.

>> ><SNORT!> Sorry, but I stopped checking for
>> >The Thing under my bed when I was seven. If
>> >good old-fashioned hell and brimstone
>> >evangelical preachers can't scare me into
>> >heaven, then your clumsy bogey-man gambits
>> >hardly will.

>> Great, but if you one day ask "what are those flames for", don't blame me

>Duke, explain something to me: why would I,

In denying God, you are also denying following him in love and obedience to God
and love of your fellow man.

>why would anyone, want to be anywhere near a
>Thing so monstrously evil that It could toss
>billions of people into the fire? Why would I
>want to be around such a sadist for one
>second, let alone forever and ever?

duke

Apr 25, 2012, 5:01:20 PM4/25/12
Not that, dummy. Was 1985 the beginning or ending of his scandal as a priest?

Alan Ferris

Apr 25, 2012, 5:26:48 PM4/25/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:00:11 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> 2. I wouldn't be stupid like the Jews and reject his word.
>>Of course the Mormons can say exactly that
>>same thing as regards you.
>
>Mormans are not Christians. I needn't worry.

"Judge not, that you may not be judged, For with what judgment you
judge, you shall be judged" (Matthew 7:1)

Alan Ferris

Apr 25, 2012, 5:27:54 PM4/25/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 16:01:20 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>• He's in his mid-60s and probably still at it.
>
>Not that, dummy. Was 1985 the beginning or ending of his scandal as a priest?

Middle, but it was the start of people realising your church was full
of men lying to protect child abusers.

"Did you report yourself to the civil authorities for what you did to
your priest?"
- duke (Earl Weber) on abuse by priests

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 25, 2012, 8:33:13 PM4/25/12
In article <afpgp7pl8b8fas94n...@4ax.com>, duke
• He had been at it for 11-years by 1985.

duke

Apr 26, 2012, 6:38:00 AM4/26/12
On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 12:03:09 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
>:

>> >Yep, they reject the apocrypha in the same
>> >way that you reject The Pearl of Great Price.
>> ???

><facepalm>
>Wow. Wow wow wow...

>Well, you certainly have now answered my
>question as to whether you had examined the
>other major religions before returning to
>Catholicism...

Well, you certainly haven't found my answer yet.

duke

Apr 26, 2012, 6:40:55 AM4/26/12
Ok, finally you answer. We also know that the early 80's was the smashing
defeat of the pedophiles in the Church. The massive house cleaning was fully
underway.

linuxgal

Apr 26, 2012, 7:10:26 AM4/26/12
duke wrote:

> Ok, finally you answer. We also know that the early 80's was the smashing
> defeat of the pedophiles in the Church. The massive house cleaning was fully
> underway.

Sure, that's why Andrew Greeley calls 2002 the Year of the Pedophile,
while priests in Germany and Ireland shook their head at the US and went
"tsk tsk, it's an American problem".

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 26, 2012, 9:01:09 AM4/26/12
In article <de9ip7d5kbpgim06r...@4ax.com>, duke
• Gauthe confessed to buggering boys within a few years after
ordination. The church knew about this in 1973. How was it that the
"massive house cleaning" in the early 1980s missed Fr. Gauthe?

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 26, 2012, 1:22:18 PM4/26/12
In article <QO-dnRHzY64ssATS...@giganews.com>, linuxgal
** Meanwile, back on the Emerald Isle the head of the RC Church in
Ireland was himself doing altar-boys.

Seth lePod

Apr 26, 2012, 10:30:12 PM4/26/12
On Apr 25, 2:00 pm, duke <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 25 Apr 2012 11:59:28 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com>
Ever notice that when he anounced version
Mark1, back in the Pentateuch, he didn't do
that then, either?

:
:
> Mormans are not Christians. I needn't worry.

Either that, or you've been suckered, and the
Jews needn't worry.

> >> He did?? Then why did the OT cup runneth over with prophesies of a coming
> >"...why did the OT cup runneth over?" Duke,
> >PLEASE don't go mangling Elizabethan English
> >like that. It makes my ears ache.

:
> The old testament cup runneth over with the prophesies os a coming messiah.

Yep. Failed prophecies -- he left Israel
just as captive as it was before he was born

:
> >Which is exactly what the Old Testament
> >prophecies of a messiah promised: that
> >someone would come along and not only free
> >the Israelites from bondage, but lead them in
> >conquering their neighbors.
:
> You just accepted all the prophesies.

By showing they lied? You have a strange
idea of the verb "to accept". Jesus of the
"prophecies" was not the messiah they
"predicted".
:
> Fortuantely, they expected a warrior king
> and instead he showed up as a man of love.

Exactly. The prophecies lied. We do agree.

> >So, how'd that work out for them?
:
> Absolutely wonderful for the Jews that got the message and became Christians.

And not so hot for those oppressed Jews who
believed your god actually meant what it
hadsaid.

:
:
> >why would anyone, want to be anywhere near a
> >Thing so monstrously evil that It could toss
> >billions of people into the fire? Why would I
> >want to be around such a sadist for one
> >second, let alone forever and ever?

Well, well, well -- lookie here. Duke has to
snip that which he cannot answer. Imagine my
surprise.

Let's give Dookie a second chance, shall we?
Good:

Duke, explain something to me: why would
I, why would anyone, want to be anywhere
near a Thing so monstrously evil that It
could toss billions of people into the
fire? Why would I want to be around such
a sadist for one second, let alone
forever and ever?

Seth

SkyEyes

Apr 27, 2012, 1:31:23 AM4/27/12
On Apr 26, 7:30 pm, Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, well, well -- lookie here.  Duke has to
> snip that which he cannot answer. Imagine my
> surprise.
>
> Let's give Dookie a second chance, shall we?
> Good:
>
>     Duke, explain something to me: why would
>     I, why would anyone, want to be anywhere
>     near a Thing so monstrously evil that It
>     could toss billions of people into the
>     fire? Why would I want to be around such
>     a sadist for one second, let alone
>     forever and ever?
>
> Seth

Remember the old adage, Seth: "Never try and teach a pig to sing. It
wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

linuxgal

Apr 27, 2012, 3:58:11 AM4/27/12
SkyEyes wrote:

> Remember the old adage, Seth: "Never try and teach a pig to sing. It
> wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Yeah, look what happened when Roseanne Barr sang the National Anthem.

duke

Apr 27, 2012, 7:01:20 AM4/27/12
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 19:30:12 -0700 (PDT), Seth lePod <v.infe...@gmail.com>
wrote:
Version Mark 1 is in the Pentateuch????

>:
>> >Of course the Mormons can say exactly that
>> >same thing as regards you.
>:
>> Mormans are not Christians. I needn't worry.

>Either that, or you've been suckered, and the
>Jews needn't worry.

I don't think that a Jew does have to worry. Many were saved by the cross. Mat
27.

>> >"...why did the OT cup runneth over?" Duke,
>> >PLEASE don't go mangling Elizabethan English
>> >like that. It makes my ears ache.

>> The old testament cup runneth over with the prophesies os a coming messiah.
>Yep. Failed prophecies -- he left Israel
>just as captive as it was before he was born

Au contraire - he started a whole new way.

>> If you don't get that simple fact, go find some other place to play.
>> >Why? For exactly the same reason that other
>> >cultures have prophecies of coming (or
>> >returning) messiahs like Arthur, Prester
>> >John, the Hidden Imam, Quetzocoatl, and John
>> >Frum. People like to hope someone will come
>> >along and rescue them from oppression.
>>
>> I don't play with dolls.
>:
>> >Which is exactly what the Old Testament
>> >prophecies of a messiah promised: that
>> >someone would come along and not only free
>> >the Israelites from bondage, but lead them in
>> >conquering their neighbors.
>:
>> You just accepted all the prophesies.
>
>By showing they lied? You have a strange
>idea of the verb "to accept". Jesus of the
>"prophecies" was not the messiah they
>"predicted".

They misunderstood.

>> Fortuantely, they expected a warrior king
>> and instead he showed up as a man of love.
>Exactly. The prophecies lied. We do agree.

Not at all. Jewish misunderstanding is the answer. They prophesied a warrior
king and instead got a man of love with a new way.

>> >So, how'd that work out for them?
>:
>> Absolutely wonderful for the Jews that got the message and became Christians.

>And not so hot for those oppressed Jews who
>believed your god actually meant what it
>hadsaid.

What he said was a new way coming. The Jews made the mistake in
misunderstanding

>:
>:
>> >Duke, explain something to me: why would I,
>:
>> In denying God, you are also denying following him in love and obedience to God
>> and love of your fellow man.
>:
>> >why would anyone, want to be anywhere near a
>> >Thing so monstrously evil that It could toss
>> >billions of people into the fire? Why would I
>> >want to be around such a sadist for one
>> >second, let alone forever and ever?

>Well, well, well -- lookie here. Duke has to
>snip that which he cannot answer. Imagine my
>surprise.

I din't see anything worth responding to. If I made a mistake, post it again
and I WILL respond.

>Let's give Dookie a second chance, shall we?
>Good:

Great.

> Duke, explain something to me: why would
> I, why would anyone, want to be anywhere
> near a Thing so monstrously evil

Mistake #1.

> that It
> could toss billions of people into the
> fire?

Mistake #2.

That's your announced preference basis what you showed during your trial period
in the flesh.

> Why would I want to be around such
> a sadist for one second, let alone
> forever and ever?

Well, if you don't want to be around satan forever, you need to start acting
like it.

duke, American - American

duke

Apr 27, 2012, 7:02:14 AM4/27/12
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 22:31:23 -0700 (PDT), SkyEyes <skye...@cox.net> wrote:

>On Apr 26, 7:30 pm, Seth lePod <v.inferna...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Well, well, well -- lookie here.  Duke has to
>> snip that which he cannot answer. Imagine my
>> surprise.
>>
>> Let's give Dookie a second chance, shall we?
>> Good:
>>
>>     Duke, explain something to me: why would
>>     I, why would anyone, want to be anywhere
>>     near a Thing so monstrously evil that It
>>     could toss billions of people into the
>>     fire? Why would I want to be around such
>>     a sadist for one second, let alone
>>     forever and ever?
>>
>> Seth
>
>Remember the old adage, Seth: "Never try and teach a pig to sing. It
>wastes your time, and annoys the pig."

Speaking as she who murdered her own preborn child for her own comfort and
convenience.

duke, American - American

duke

Apr 27, 2012, 7:03:30 AM4/27/12
It's not nice to make fun of the National Anthem. That Holywood bunch see
themselves seriously high up the totem pole.

duke, American - American

duke

Apr 27, 2012, 7:06:44 AM4/27/12
On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 04:10:26 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:

>duke wrote:
>

>> Ok, finally you answer. We also know that the early 80's was the smashing
>> defeat of the pedophiles in the Church. The massive house cleaning was fully
>> underway.
>>

>Sure, that's why Andrew Greeley calls 2002 the Year of the Pedophile,

Of course, that is exactly the year that the scandal broke. What isn't obvious
is that the house was massively cleaned about 15 years before the.

>while priests in Germany and Ireland shook their head at the US and went
>"tsk tsk, it's an American problem".

The problem is with the man (that is priest), not the priest (that is man). It
doesn't matter what continent he comes from.

duke

Apr 27, 2012, 7:18:31 AM4/27/12
I thought he was the watershed revelation.

Alan Ferris

Apr 27, 2012, 8:15:38 AM4/27/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:03:30 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>> Remember the old adage, Seth: "Never try and teach a pig to sing. It
>>> wastes your time, and annoys the pig."
>
>>Yeah, look what happened when Roseanne Barr sang the National Anthem.
>
>It's not nice to make fun of the National Anthem. That Holywood bunch see
>themselves seriously high up the totem pole.

Well they certainly get paid more than you, have more people who care
about them than you. Must be you are jealous then Earl.

"I think, way back been I spent time (wasted, really) trying to get
some idiot from Louisiana (Earl Weber?) to leave y'all the hell
alone." - Rev. Dye
http://groups.google.com/groups?hl=en&selm=B844BF08.33A0A%25htduck.geo%40yahoo.com

Alan Ferris

Apr 27, 2012, 8:17:35 AM4/27/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:02:14 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>Remember the old adage, Seth: "Never try and teach a pig to sing. It
>>wastes your time, and annoys the pig."
>
>Speaking as she who murdered her own preborn child for her own comfort and
>convenience.

What is "preborn"? Why does your god allow thousands of souls to
flush down the toilet every day?

"You embarrass me, Earl. If the Church were even halfway what your
example presents it to be, I'd have left a long time ago."
- Fr R Dye

Alan Ferris

Apr 27, 2012, 8:19:51 AM4/27/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:01:20 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>By showing they lied? You have a strange
>>idea of the verb "to accept". Jesus of the
>>"prophecies" was not the messiah they
>>"predicted".
>
>They misunderstood.

God lied to his prophets?
Damn, I believe duke has just insulted the holy spirit who was behind
all the prophecies.

"The Bishops elect the Pope - just like I have always said."
- duke (Earl Weber)

Alan Ferris

Apr 27, 2012, 8:22:47 AM4/27/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:06:44 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>Sure, that's why Andrew Greeley calls 2002 the Year of the Pedophile,
>
>Of course, that is exactly the year that the scandal broke. What isn't obvious
>is that the house was massively cleaned about 15 years before the.

Liar:

"There is overwhelming evidence that for many years
Cardinal Law and his senior managers had direct,
actual knowledge that substantial numbers of children
in the Archdiocese had been sexually abused by
substantial numbers of its priests."
Attorney General Tom Reilly’s Report, Massachusetts

2011 Philidelphia finds 21 with credible accusations still in active
ministry despite the promises of the bishops in 2002.

Monsignor John A. Close of St. Catherine of Siena in Wayne, Pa.
2006 to 2011 served @ St. Katharine of Siena
Close was removed from active ministry March 7, 2011 after a grand
jury report found that he, among 37 other archdiocesan priests, had
been accused or suspected of sexual abuse or misbehavior with
children.
http://www.bishopaccountability.org/assign/Close_John_A.htm

Father Mark Fernandes of St. Agnes Roman Catholic Church in
Sellersville, Pa.
"Meanwhile, some congregants at St. Agnes Parish in Sellersville,
Bucks County, - home to suspended priest the Rev. Mark Fernandes -
applauded the church's decision, describing it as appropriate until
full investigations could be complete."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_04_20_Roebuck_ParishionersStruggle.htm

Monsignor J. Michael Flood of St. Luke the Evangelist in Glenside, Pa.
"Msgr. Michael Flood served as a constant signpost in the lives of
many congregants at St. Luke the Evangelist Catholic Church in
Glenside. But all that came to an abrupt end March 9 when the
Archdiocese of Philadelphia indefinitely suspended the 71-year-old
pastor - and 20 others - amid accusations of sexual impropriety with
children."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_04_20_Roebuck_ParishionersStruggle.htm

Rev. Joseph M. Glatts of SS. Simon and Jude in West Chester, Pa.
"Rev. Joseph M. Glatts, formerly of St. Andrew Parish, Drexel Hill,
now at Saints Simon and Jude rectory in West Chester, was put on
administrative leave while Archdiocese officials investigate
allegations of sexual abuse of minors."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_03_09_Murray_LocalPriest.htm

Rev. Steven J. Harris of St. Issac Jogues Catholic Church in Wayne,
Pa.
"One of the 21 pastors placed on leave by the Archdiocese of
Philadelphia while it investigates charges of sex abuse has worked at
a church in Mt. Airy, according to the Philadelphia Inquirer.
The Inquirer says Steven Harris was the pastor at St. Therese of the
Child Jesus before taking the pastor job at St. Isaac Jogues Parish
in Wayne that he currently has.
St. Therese is located next door to AMY Northwest Middle School."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_03_10_Mt.AiryPatch_InquirerPriest.htm

Rev. Daniel J. Hoy of Our Lady of the Assumption in Strafford, Pa.
"Monsignor Joseph Marino, pastor at Our Lady of Assumption in
Tredyffrin, told the congregation during Mass on Wednesday that Father
Daniel Hoy has been placed on leave."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_03_09_Smith_FourCounty.htm

Fr. Andrew McCormick of Sacred Heart in Swedesburg, Pa.
"Locally, the Rev. Andrew D. McCormick of Sacred Heart Rectory in
Swedesburg was identified as one of the 21 priests put on
administrative leave. But despite the allegations, some parishioners
of Sacred Heart Rectory are eager to see their clergyman resume his
role."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_03_11_Dehuff_LocalsReact.htm

Fr. Peter Talocci of St. Patrick’s in Malvern, Pa.
"Officials at St. Patrick’s in Malvern did not confirm if Father Peter
Talocchi was placed on leave, but other reports indicate that he has
been."
http://www.bishop-accountability.org/news2011/03_04/2011_03_09_Smith_FourCounty.htm

Fr. Phillip Barr
"Last assignment was as pastor emeritus of St. Edmond Parish in South
Philadelphia."
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/PriestDBbylastName-B.html

Fr. John Bowe
"He was in residence at St. Joseph rectory in Warrington, Bucks
County."
http://bishop-accountability.org/priestdb/PriestDBbylastName-B.html

Fr. George Cadwallader
"Last assignment was as parochial vicar of St. Vincent de Paul Parish
in Richbo

Alan Ferris

Apr 27, 2012, 8:37:40 AM4/27/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:18:31 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>• Gauthe confessed to buggering boys within a few years after
>>ordination. The church knew about this in 1973. How was it that the
>>"massive house cleaning" in the early 1980s missed Fr. Gauthe?
>
>I thought he was the watershed revelation.

Despite Fr Gauthre telling his Bishop that he had raped 3 boys in 1972
the church took no action until the police stepped in in 1983. Had
the Bishop acted when he first confessed that he raped children many
more could have been saved from rape:

1972-73 Sacred Heart of Jesus
Fr.Gauthe admited to having molested three young boys from this parish
in 1972.

1973-1976 Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Bishop Frey confronted Gauthe in 1974 about a report of his having had
sexual contact with a "young man", and Gauthe admitted that the report
was true. Frey appointed Gauthe chaplain of the diocesan Boy Scouts
(1974 - 1981).
(In 1980 he admited he had abused 6 boys during this time)

1976-1977 St. Mary Magdalen
wo parishioners of this parish reported to Msgr. Mouton that Gauthe
had licked their sons on the cheeks. Mouton alerted the vicar general,
Msgr. Henri Larroque, and Gauthe underwent psychiatric treatment,
while remaining an active priest.

1977-1983 St. John's
April 1980 St. John's parishioners complained in a letter to Bishop
Frey that Gauthe's house had become a "second home" to "a bunch of"
unsupervised Abbeville boys. There was no intervention.

Gilbert Gauthe's sister-in-law reported to police that he was a
pedophile. This was after she caught her husband, who was Gilbert's
brother, Richard, molesting one of her children, and Richard told her
that he and Gilbert had been "doing this for years". The sister in law
stated that the police didn't believe her.

Gauthe was suspended from ministry in June of 1983, after the father
of three little boys reported to an attorney that his sons had been
molested for several years in Henry by Gauthe. These boys told their
therapist about many other Gauthe victims.

Gauthe eventually admitted to raping or sodomizing at least 37
children.

In a 1986 civil trial, a boy testified that Gauthe began molesting him
when he was seven years old, in 1982, on his first day as an altar
boy. Gauthe involved him and other altar boys in group sex, which he
photographed. Gauthe used both threats and gifts to keep children from
telling.

--
Ferrit

()'.'.'()
( (T) )
( ) . ( )
(")_(")

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 27, 2012, 9:06:55 AM4/27/12
In article <mevkp7pjdb66il5l7...@4ax.com>, duke
• The Fr. Gauthe trial was the first to receive national coverage.

linuxgal

Apr 27, 2012, 9:17:12 AM4/27/12
Alan Ferris wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:01:20 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>> By showing they lied? You have a strange
>>> idea of the verb "to accept". Jesus of the
>>> "prophecies" was not the messiah they
>>> "predicted".
>> They misunderstood.
>
> God lied to his prophets?

Not only did God lie to his prophets, he MADE them lie, and then killed
them for lying.

Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing,
I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand
upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.

linuxgal

Apr 27, 2012, 9:27:48 AM4/27/12
duke wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Apr 2012 04:10:26 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:
>
>> while priests in Germany and Ireland shook their head at the US and went
>> "tsk tsk, it's an American problem".
>
> The problem is with the man (that is priest), not the priest (that is man). It
> doesn't matter what continent he comes from.

The problem is the celibacy requirement creates a perpetual shortage of
priests, so the Church hierarchy has a vested interest in keeping the
ones they have on the job no matter how sick they are. So they kick the
pedo can down the road to another parish.

Alan Ferris

Apr 27, 2012, 10:04:08 AM4/27/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:17:12 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com>
wrote:
You just have to feel all warm about that display of "Love" for his
people.

---------------
"Dummy, the Jews didn't have chickens then." - duke (Earl Webber)

Luke 13:34 "...as a hen gathers her brood under her wings..."
---------------

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 27, 2012, 11:24:39 AM4/27/12
In article <meydndvrU6P5AgfS...@giganews.com>, linuxgal
• However, on the bright side, the priestly vow not to have sex with
females attracts men that are totally immune to the wiles of "Lolitas".

ilbe...@gmail.com

Apr 27, 2012, 4:00:09 PM4/27/12
On Apr 23, 7:19 am, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:
> In article <eg08p795o8j83rccclul9qr2mvhn68o...@4ax.com>, duke
>

> <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:
> >On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:32:42 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:

> >>means."

> >>•  The Fr. Gauthe scandal was in 1985.
>
> >Beginning or end?
>
> •  Gauthe is still alive and quite probaably still looking for boy butt.
> That's what he does Duke.
>
> --
> Richard L. Measures. AG6K,  805-386-3734begin_of_the_skype_highlighting            805-386-3734      ,www.somis.org

The standard excuse for the RCC not encouraging the bible being read
by laypeople was they were 'afraid that their Followers would take
some things literally' such as plucking out an eye , etc... This
isnt the real reason of course ; the real reason is that in no time,
the Reader would start to see the vast and definitive contraditions
bertween what the BIble says and what RCC Doctrine says in accordance
to its Catechism. The RCC according to Canon Law , expects ' the
faithful Catholic to submit their entire will, mind, and intellect to
the teaching Majesterioum of the RCC ' and never question any
teaching ; how vastly different that is to the Apostle Paul who in
Acts 17:11 commended the Bereans for them checking Paul out to see
if he was teaching correctly . When ANY Institution demands you
turn over your will, mind, and intellect...this should become an
immediate red flag because that in and of itself, goes against what
scripture says to do plus it is the foundational demand of a Cult. All
Cults . Yet so many are duped and willfully so thinking that men
dressed in silk robes and hats cant possibly be wrong.

Patrick

Apr 27, 2012, 5:06:15 PM4/27/12
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote

[...]

-------------------

Hundreds of people were translating the Bible into heretical
bull shit meanings - specifically in order to change the
one true faith into a bunch of snake handlers, and
various other silly beliefs.
William Tyndale completed a translation of the New Testament from the Greek
in 1525, which church authorities in England tried their best to confiscate
and burn. After issuing a revised edition in 1535, he was arrested, spent
over a year in jail, and was then strangled and burned at the stake near
Brussels in October 6th, 1536. It is estimated today that some 90 percent of
the New Testament in the 1611 King James Bible is the work of Tyndale.
Tyndale was unable to complete his translation of the Old Testament before
his death.

Miles Coverdale, an assistant to Tyndale, completed Tyndale's translation of
the Old Testament using Martin Luther's German text and Latin as sources,
and in Germany he printed the first complete Bible in English on October 4,
1535.

Matthew's Bible, a composite of the work of Tyndale and Coverdale, probably
edited by John Rogers, was published in 1537 under the pseudonym "Thomas
Matthew", and was the second complete edition of the Bible printed in
English.

Coverdale's "Great Bible", called that because of its size, was published in
1539 and had over 21,000 copies printed in seven editions in only a single
year. Working under the patronage of Thomas Cromwell, Coverdale had
submitted his Bible via the Archbishop of Canterbury, Thomas Cranmer, and it
was published with the authorization of King Henry VIII, whose likely
motivation was the realization that the Bible was an effective means of
combating papists. Amazingly, at the end of the book of Malachi were the
initials W.T., covering half a page, standing for William Tyndale! Beginning
with the second edition, the Great Bible included a preface by Thomas
Cranmer, and so it is also called Cranmer's Bible.

The English parliament in 1543 passed a law forbidding the use of any
English translations other than the "Great Bible". Tyndale's New Testament
was specifically prohibited, and later Wycliffe's and Coverdale's Bibles
were also banned. It was decreed a crime for any unlicensed person to read
or explain the Scriptures in public. Many copies of Tyndale's New Testament
and Coverdale's Bible were burned in London, though ironically, the
authorized "Great Bible" contained the work of both men!

In 1557 the Geneva Bible was first published, which continued to be popular
even years after the King James was available. The Geneva Bible was the
version in use during Shakespeare's time, and was often quoted by him in his
plays.

In 1559 Queen Elizabeth, a Protestant, decreed that a copy of the Bishop's
Bible be placed in every parish church. The Bishop's Bible was printed in 20
editions over 42 years and was the basis for the King James Bible.

Responding to the increasing flood of Protestant Bibles in English, the very
first complete Bible in English to be produced by the Catholic Church was
the Douay Rheims, a translation from the Latin Vulgate, which was finally
completed in the early 17th century.

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 27, 2012, 7:42:20 PM4/27/12
In article
<6c2857d7-0cc4-486d...@f27g2000yqc.googlegroups.com>,
"IlBe...@gmail.com" <ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On Apr 23, 7:19=A0am, r...@somis.org (=95 R. L. Measures.) wrote:
>> In article <eg08p795o8j83rccclul9qr2mvhn68o...@4ax.com>, duke
>>

>> <duckgumb...@cox.net> wrote:

>inter

>or

>9

>> >Beginning or end?
>>
>> =95 =A0Gauthe is still alive and quite probaably still looking for boy bu=
>tt.
>> That's what he does Duke.
>>
>> --
>> Richard L. Measures. AG6K, =A0805-386-3734begin_of_the_skype_highlighting=
>=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0805-386-3734=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0=A0,www.somi=
>s.org
>
>The standard excuse for the RCC not encouraging the bible being read
>by laypeople was they were 'afraid that their Followers would take
>some things literally' such as plucking out an eye , etc... This
>isnt the real reason of course ; the real reason is that in no time,
>the Reader would start to see the vast and definitive contraditions
>bertween what the BIble says and what RCC Doctrine says in accordance
>to its Catechism.

** That was the main reason for the Reformation. In 1545 the RCC
declared that Catholic Traditions were equal to Scripture.

> The RCC according to Canon Law , expects ' the
>faithful Catholic to submit their entire will, mind, and intellect to
>the teaching Majesterioum of the RCC ' and never question any
>teaching ; how vastly different that is to the Apostle Paul who in
>Acts 17:11 commended the Bereans for them checking Paul out to see
>if he was teaching correctly . When ANY Institution demands you
>turn over your will, mind, and intellect...this should become an
>immediate red flag because that in and of itself, goes against what
>scripture says to do plus it is the foundational demand of a Cult. All
>Cults . Yet so many are duped and willfully so thinking that men
>dressed in silk robes and hats cant possibly be wrong.

** Indeed.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

Mike Painter

Apr 27, 2012, 9:12:28 PM4/27/12
On 4/27/2012 2:06 PM, Patrick wrote:
> "IlBe...@gmail.com"<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote
>
> The standard excuse for the RCC not encouraging the bible being read
> by laypeople was they were 'afraid that their Followers would take
> some things literally' such as plucking out an eye , etc... This
> isnt the real reason of course ; the real reason is that in no time,
> the Reader would start to see the vast and definitive contraditions
> bertween what the BIble says and what RCC Doctrine says in accordance
> to its Catechism. The RCC according to Canon Law , expects ' the
> faithful Catholic to submit their entire will, mind, and intellect to
> the teaching Majesterioum of the RCC ' and never question any
> teaching ; how vastly different that is to the Apostle Paul who in
> Acts 17:11 commended the Bereans for them checking Paul out to see
> if he was teaching correctly . When ANY Institution demands you
> turn over your will, mind, and intellect...this should become an
> immediate red flag because that in and of itself, goes against what
> scripture says to do plus it is the foundational demand of a Cult. All
> Cults . Yet so many are duped and willfully so thinking that men
> dressed in silk robes and hats cant possibly be wrong.
>
> -------------------
>
> Hundreds of people were translating the Bible into heretical
> bull shit meanings - specifically in order to change the
> one true faith into a bunch of snake handlers, and
> various other silly beliefs.

Hundreds?
How amusing.

The rest is, as usual plagiarized.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 7:48:04 AM4/28/12
Is that how you got to caleefornia.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 7:49:37 AM4/28/12
Now you're beginning to figure out how old cases came to light. Church records
reflect the massive drop off in cases prior to that point.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 8:23:48 AM4/28/12
Actually, it was because the RCC knew that truth of God is revealed throughout
the bible, not in 1-verse acceptance like you protest_ants do. Such leaves you
in a very weak position with God as you go far off course in your beliefs.

> This
>isnt the real reason of course ; the real reason is that in no time,
>the Reader would start to see the vast and definitive contraditions
>bertween what the BIble says and what RCC Doctrine says in accordance
>to its Catechism.

Actually, they're exactly the same. However, this is your opportunity to
support your wild and wooly misconceptions for discussion.

> The RCC according to Canon Law , expects ' the
>faithful Catholic to submit their entire will, mind, and intellect to
>the teaching Majesterioum of the RCC '

Jesus called for that. Mat 28:16-20.

> and never question any
>teaching ; how vastly different that is to the Apostle Paul who in
>Acts 17:11 commended the Bereans for them checking Paul out to see
>if he was teaching correctly .

Actually, the bible says that most eagerly believed Paul was accurate to the
bible. Paul quoted the teachings he received form Jesus on the road to
Damascus.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 8:24:32 AM4/28/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 18:12:28 -0700, Mike Painter <md.pa...@sbcglobal.net>
wrote:
You didn't know this was the issue?

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 8:26:05 AM4/28/12
A quick review of the bible reveals that 100% of the Holy Script originated as
Holy Tradition.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 8:27:27 AM4/28/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:17:12 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:

False prophets need that.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 8:28:13 AM4/28/12
On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:27:48 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:

Are you holding hands with rl now?

linuxgal

Apr 28, 2012, 8:41:23 AM4/28/12
duke wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:27:48 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:
>
>> The problem is the celibacy requirement creates a perpetual shortage of
>> priests, so the Church hierarchy has a vested interest in keeping the
>> ones they have on the job no matter how sick they are. So they kick the
>> pedo can down the road to another parish.
>
> Are you holding hands with rl now?

Sorry. I forgot you don't like icky heterosexual things.

linuxgal

Apr 28, 2012, 8:42:57 AM4/28/12
duke wrote:
> On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 06:17:12 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:
>
>> Alan Ferris wrote:

>>> God lied to his prophets?
>> Not only did God lie to his prophets, he MADE them lie, and then killed
>> them for lying.
>>
>> Ezekiel 14:9 And if the prophet be deceived when he hath spoken a thing,
>> I the LORD have deceived that prophet, and I will stretch out my hand
>> upon him, and will destroy him from the midst of my people Israel.
>
> False prophets need that.

You fail to understand the passage. All prophets get their information
from God. If a prophet gives bum information, God admits that he misled
them. But instead of apologizing, he kills the prophet that he misled.
And this is the deity you wish to serve.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 8:54:08 AM4/28/12
"Mike Painter" <md.pa...@sbcglobal.net> wrote ...
> On 4/27/2012 2:06 PM, Patrick wrote:
>> "IlBe...@gmail.com"<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote

>> Hundreds of people were translating the Bible into heretical
>> bull shit meanings - specifically in order to change the
>> one true faith into a bunch of snake handlers, and
>> various other silly beliefs.
>
> Hundreds?
> How amusing.

There are 5000 different "christian" denominations in the US today.

> The rest is, as usual plagiarized.

Of course it is.
You whine some rant that hundreds whined before.
I have no intention of coming up with an answer to each.
You are one of the many, the very many who whine the same thing.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 8:55:53 AM4/28/12
". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote

>>The standard excuse for the RCC not encouraging the bible being read
>>by laypeople was they were 'afraid that their Followers would take
>>some things literally' such as plucking out an eye , etc... This
>>isnt the real reason of course ; the real reason is that in no time,
>>the Reader would start to see the vast and definitive contraditions
>>bertween what the BIble says and what RCC Doctrine says in accordance
>>to its Catechism.
>
> ** That was the main reason for the Reformation. In 1545 the RCC
> declared that Catholic Traditions were equal to Scripture.

Equal?

linuxgal

Apr 28, 2012, 9:01:37 AM4/28/12
Patrick wrote:
> "Mike Painter" <md.pa...@sbcglobal.net> wrote ...
>> On 4/27/2012 2:06 PM, Patrick wrote:
>>> "IlBe...@gmail.com"<ilbe...@gmail.com> wrote
>
>>> Hundreds of people were translating the Bible into heretical
>>> bull shit meanings - specifically in order to change the
>>> one true faith into a bunch of snake handlers, and
>>> various other silly beliefs.
>> Hundreds?
>> How amusing.
>
> There are 5000 different "christian" denominations in the US today.

And each one says they are the one true path to salvation. But they
all agree their favorite denominations are the ones with Franklin,
Grant, Jackson, Hamilton, Lincoln and George W. on them.

Budikka666

Apr 28, 2012, 9:15:49 AM4/28/12
The Catholic Church has always been against Bible reading, and only
relented when the protestants kicked their ass. They were against it
with good reason, too, because it's only been since the lay people could
actually read the Bible that those same people have realized what a pile
of shit it is, and abandoned it in droves.

Budikka

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 9:53:13 AM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:41:23 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com>
wrote:
Unless it is with children:

"Ever wonder how many male parents teasingly pinched their
young daughters on their newly budding breasts, or female
parents "touch" their young son's genitals in just the
wrong way - only now to have to stand accused of a charge
of sexual molestation of children." - duke (Earl J Weber)

"only a fool fails to understand that a lot of fathers
teasingly pinch their daughters and mothers teasingly touch
their sons. It's called child molestation outside the
family unit." - duke (Earl J Weber)

"I was talking about a loving family teasingly pinching
nipples (pre breast type) and comparing how that's quite
alright in a family setting but clearly and quickly labeled
as child molestation outside the family setting."
- duke (Earl J Weber)

"As I've stated before, the comment is from a ng discussion
addressing a double standard - what is considered "ok" in
the family setting quickly becomes molestation by an outsider.
You can see that in the comment itself." - duke (Earl J Weber)

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 9:53:45 AM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 06:49:37 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>>I thought he was the watershed revelation.
>>>
>>• The Fr. Gauthe trial was the first to receive national coverage.
>
>Now you're beginning to figure out how old cases came to light. Church records
>reflect the massive drop off in cases prior to that point.

2004 2005 2006 2007 2008 2009 2010 2011
Victims 889 690 632 598 620 398 426 489
Allegations 898 695 635 599 625 398 428 495
Offenders 622 463 394 415 423 286 345 406

Victims, Offenses, and Offenders in 2011

< 1980 319 (65%)
1980-2011 137 (28%)
Unknown 33 (7%)

The sex of eight of the 489 alleged victims reported in 2011 was not
identified in the allegation. Among those for whom the sex of the
victim was reported, 82% (395 victims) were male and 18% (86 victims)
were female.

Half of the victims (50%) were between the ages of ten and fourteen
when the alleged abuse began. An equal proportion of the victims (16%
each) were between the ages of fifteen and seventeen or under age ten.
The age could not be determined for almost one-fifth of victims (19%).

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-and-youth-protection/upload/2011-annual-report.pdf

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 10:10:41 AM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 08:54:08 -0400, "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

>> The rest is, as usual plagiarized.
>
>Of course it is.

"+ If I copy something of importance that is either controversial or
newsworthy, or even against my own thought process, I will provide
where I got it. " - Patrick Barker

"+ If I run across an article worth repeating, I always provide the
reference." - Patrick Barker

Barker just shows his general lack of honesty.....a good catholic
then.

----------
+ You don't have a faulty memory.
+ I do.
----------
+ I merely feign forgetfulness....
+ And since you already know I fabricate this forgetfulness
----------
- Patrick Barker

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 10:24:24 AM4/28/12
In article <m8mnp7tqiinh6enlo...@4ax.com>, duke
• So how did the "massive" cleanup in the early 1980s miss what the
Church knew about Gauthe's hobby in the 1970s?

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 10:48:29 AM4/28/12
In article <dconp7lr3vssu2qmj...@4ax.com>, duke
• Luther nailed it.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 10:54:46 AM4/28/12
In article <c5qdnX3so79FdQbS...@posted.localnet>, "Patrick"
** Correct. Like Scripture, any Catholic Tradition is auto
rubber-stamped "APPROVED" way up yonder. This is retroactive so when wax
candles became a Catholic tradition in 320, they were auto approved in RC
heaven - and that's for damn sure P. B.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 1:13:59 PM4/28/12
On Mon, 23 Apr 2012 05:19:44 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:

>In article <eg08p795o8j83rccc...@4ax.com>, duke
><duckg...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Sat, 21 Apr 2012 13:32:42 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:

>>>means."

>>>• The Fr. Gauthe scandal was in 1985.
>>
>>Beginning or end?

>• Gauthe is still alive and quite probaably still looking for boy butt.
>That's what he does Duke.

But not as a priest any more. Now he's just the man he always was.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 1:18:09 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 05:41:23 -0700, linuxgal <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote:

The part that rl won't address is that it's standard operating policy to move an
associate pastor form parish to parish every 2 years, and the pastor every 6
years. And this is always within the bishop's diocese, not around the country.
The Los Angeles archdiocese is about 100 sq miles, or 10 x 10 miles average. How
do you hide a pedo from any associate pastor being moved sop.

I don't mind the game playing, but I have to see truth ignored.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 1:19:11 PM4/28/12
Gauthe's your friend. Ask him. I don't know.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 1:20:00 PM4/28/12
I think that one sailed right over your head.

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 1:21:37 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:18:09 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>I don't mind the game playing

Despite Fr Gauthre telling his Bishop that he had raped 3 boys in 1972
the church took no action until the police stepped in in 1983. Had
the Bishop acted when he first confessed that he raped children many
more could have been saved from rape:

1972-73 Sacred Heart of Jesus
Fr.Gauthe admited to having molested three young boys from this parish
in 1972.

1973-1976 Our Lady of Perpetual Help
Bishop Frey confronted Gauthe in 1974 about a report of his having had
sexual contact with a "young man", and Gauthe admitted that the report
was true. Frey appointed Gauthe chaplain of the diocesan Boy Scouts
(1974 - 1981).
(In 1980 he admited he had abused 6 boys during this time)

1976-1977 St. Mary Magdalen
wo parishioners of this parish reported to Msgr. Mouton that Gauthe
had licked their sons on the cheeks. Mouton alerted the vicar general,
Msgr. Henri Larroque, and Gauthe underwent psychiatric treatment,
while remaining an active priest.

1977-1983 St. John's
April 1980 St. John's parishioners complained in a letter to Bishop
Frey that Gauthe's house had become a "second home" to "a bunch of"
unsupervised Abbeville boys. There was no intervention.

Gilbert Gauthe's sister-in-law reported to police that he was a
pedophile. This was after she caught her husband, who was Gilbert's
brother, Richard, molesting one of her children, and Richard told her
that he and Gilbert had been "doing this for years". The sister in law
stated that the police didn't believe her.

Gauthe was suspended from ministry in June of 1983, after the father
of three little boys reported to an attorney that his sons had been
molested for several years in Henry by Gauthe. These boys told their
therapist about many other Gauthe victims.

Gauthe eventually admitted to raping or sodomizing at least 37
children.

In a 1986 civil trial, a boy testified that Gauthe began molesting him
when he was seven years old, in 1982, on his first day as an altar
boy. Gauthe involved him and other altar boys in group sex, which he
photographed. Gauthe used both threats and gifts to keep children from
telling.

duke

Apr 28, 2012, 1:21:29 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 07:54:46 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:

>In article <c5qdnX3so79FdQbS...@posted.localnet>, "Patrick"
><bark...@erinot.com> wrote:
>
>>". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote

>>> ** That was the main reason for the Reformation. In 1545 the RCC
>>> declared that Catholic Traditions were equal to Scripture.
>>
>>Equal?
>
>** Correct. Like Scripture, any Catholic Tradition is auto
>rubber-stamped "APPROVED" way up yonder.

How the Catholic Tradition vary from the bible?

Eventually you're going to have to come clean or admit your ignorance, rl.

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 1:22:28 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:19:11 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>• So how did the "massive" cleanup in the early 1980s miss what the
>>Church knew about Gauthe's hobby in the 1970s?
>
>Gauthe's our friend. Ask him.

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 1:23:15 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 12:13:59 -0500, duke <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>>• Gauthe is still alive and quite probaably still looking for boy butt.
>>That's what he does Duke.
>
>But not as a priest any more.

2 dioceses and 6 eparchies still refusing to comply with the USCCB
audit for protection of children:

• Diocese of Baker
• Diocese of Lincoln
• Eparchy of Saint Peter the Apostle for Chaldeans
• Eparchy of Newton for Melkites
• Eparchy of Our Lady of Nareg in New York for Armenian Catholics
• Eparchy of St. Josaphat of Parma for Ukrainians
• Eparchy of Our Lady of Deliverance of Newark for Syriacs
• Ukrainian Catholic Eparchy of Stamford

2011
7 new credible accusation by minors
3 accusations by minors still being investigated
5 Boundry violations on minors

2011 New reports of abuse ocurring prior to 2011
Diocesan priests: 422
Religious priests: 78
Extern priests: 51

http://www.usccb.org/issues-and-action/child-and-youth-protection/upload/2011-annual-report.pdf

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 1:31:03 PM4/28/12

"linuxgal" <linu...@cleanposts.com> wrote in message
Are ya jealous?

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 1:32:53 PM4/28/12
". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote in message
> In article <dconp7lr3vssu2qmj...@4ax.com>, duke
> <duckg...@cox.net> wrote:
>
>>On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 16:42:20 -0700, r...@somis.org (. R. L. Measures.)
> . Luther nailed it.

And Luther was a guy who had good intentions.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 1:34:19 PM4/28/12

". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote in message
Perhaps you have some sort of reference for this?

Or .......... perhaps not.
You sure can build a mountain out of a pimple on your ass.

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 5:37:49 PM4/28/12
In article <g99op7hlj58f0nbkm...@4ax.com>, duke
• Holy Orders are not reverseable.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 5:39:15 PM4/28/12
In article <fj9op7pdgdd1dqpiu...@4ax.com>, duke
• The "massive cleanup" never was.

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 5:40:18 PM4/28/12
In article <rk9op7di18cc1o0ia...@4ax.com>, duke
• Luther said the Roman Church was making up stuff.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 5:42:05 PM4/28/12
In article <gm9op7ls5vqr4edsp...@4ax.com>, duke
<duckg...@cox.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 07:54:46 -0700, r...@somis.org (• R. L. Measures.) wrote:
>
>>In article <c5qdnX3so79FdQbS...@posted.localnet>, "Patrick"
>><bark...@erinot.com> wrote:
>>
>>>". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote

>>>Equal?
>>
>>** Correct. Like Scripture, any Catholic Tradition is auto
>>rubber-stamped "APPROVED" way up yonder.
>
>How the Catholic Tradition vary from the bible?

• anyway they want.

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 5:49:01 PM4/28/12
In article <NIedned0t6letAHS...@posted.localnet>, "Patrick"
• In the end Luther did more for Catholics than anyone else.

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

• R. L. Measures.

Apr 28, 2012, 5:56:11 PM4/28/12
In article <vaGdnXv9CumHtwHS...@posted.localnet>, "Patrick"
<bark...@erinot.com> wrote:

>". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote in message
>> In article <c5qdnX3so79FdQbS...@posted.localnet>, "Patrick"
>> <bark...@erinot.com> wrote:
>>
>>>". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote

>>>Equal?
>>
>> ** Correct. Like Scripture, any Catholic Tradition is auto
>> rubber-stamped "APPROVED" way up yonder. This is retroactive so when wax
>> candles became a Catholic tradition in 320, they were auto approved in RC
>> heaven - and that's for damn sure P. B.
>
>Perhaps you have some sort of reference for this?

** I don't have a copy of the 1545 declaration but it was claimed to be
based on Matthew. 16:19 and 18:18.

>Or .......... perhaps not.
>You sure can build a mountain out of a pimple on your ass.

** Catholic Traditions are worthy of close examination.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 6:49:29 PM4/28/12
And I CLAIM it wasn't.

>>Or .......... perhaps not.
>>You sure can build a mountain out of a pimple on your ass.
>
> ** Catholic Traditions are worthy of close examination.

They are.
All the time.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 7:24:14 PM4/28/12
". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote
> . Luther said the Roman Church was making up stuff.

In 1502 he received the degree of Bachelor of Philosophy.
That tells a lot about Luther.
He entered the monastery because of the brutality in his home
and his school life. He already was a big whiner at an early age.
When his best friend was killed, he was frightened from
that day of thunder and lightning. He changed his name. The
first time he saw a bible was when he was a young man.
He became very pissed when he felt he was subjected to
abysmal menial activities. He felt he was above that.
Some say he was emaciated. Some say he was happy.

Like every victim of scrupulosity, he saw nothing in himself but wickedness
and corruption. God was the minister of wrath and vengeance. His sorrow for
sin was devoid of humble charity and childlike confidence in the pardoning
mercy of God and Jesus Christ. This anger of God, which pursued him like
his shadow, could only be averted by"his own righteousness", by the
"efficacy of servile works". Such an attitude of mind was necessarily
followed by hopeless discouragement and sullen despondency, creating a
condition of soul in which he actually "hated God and was angry at him",
blasphemed God, and deplored that he was ever born. This abnormal condition
produced a brooding melancholy, physical, mental, and spiritual depression,
which later, by a strange process of reasoning, he ascribed to the teaching
of the Church concerning good works, while all the time he was living in
direct and absolute opposition to its doctrinal teaching and disciplinary
code.

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09438b.htm

Poor Luther had mood swings. It is true that he
was spot on when he complained about the selling of
indulgences, but then he went wild. Rome sent him
a letter to come there. He made excuses and refused to go.

The pope again asked fr him to come to Rome to discuss his
thesis, and Luther then claimed the pope had no authority.

In the meantime Luther was saturating himself with published and unpublished
humanistic anti-clerical literature so effectually that his passionate
hatred of Rome and the pope, his genesis of Antichrist, his contemptuous
scorn for his theological opponents, his effusive professions of patriotism,
his acquisition of the literary amenities of the "Epistolae Obscurorum
Vivorum", even the bodily absorption of Hutten's arguments, not to allude to
other conspicuous earmarks of his intercourse and association with the
humanistic-political agitators, can be unerringly traced here.

Luther the reformer had become Luther the revolutionary; the religious
agitation had become a political rebellion. Luther's theological attitude at
this time, as far as a formulated cohesion can be deduced, was as follows:

a.. The Bible is the only source of faith; it contains the plenary
inspiration of God; its reading is invested with a quasi-sacramental
character.
b.. Human nature has been totally corrupted by original sin, and man,
accordingly, is deprived of free will. Whatever he does, be it good or bad,
is not his own work, but God's.
c.. Faith alone can work justification, and man is saved by confidently
believing that God will pardon him. This faith not only includes a full
pardon of sin, but also an unconditional release from its penalties.
d.. The hierarchy and priesthood are not Divinely instituted or necessary,
and ceremonial or exterior worship is not essential or useful.
Ecclesiastical vestments, pilgrimages, mortifications, monastic vows,
prayers for the dead, intercession of saints, avail the soul nothing.
e.. All sacraments, with the exception of baptism, Holy Eucharist, and
penance, are rejected, but their absence may be supplied by faith.
f.. The priesthood is universal; every Christian may assume it. A body of
specially trained and ordained men to dispense the mysteries of God is
needless and a usurpation.
g.. There is no visible Church or one specially established by God whereby
men may work out their salvation.
Germany was living on a politico-religious volcano. All walks of life were
in a convulsive state of unrest that boded ill for Church and State. Luther
by his inflammatory denunciation of pope and clergy let loose a veritable
hurricane of fierce, uncontrollable racial and religious hatred, which was
to spend itself in the bloodshed of the Peasants' War. The city of Worms
itself was within the grasp of a reign of lawlessness, debauchery, and
murder.

Left to the seclusion of his own thoughts and reflections, undisturbed by
the excitement of political and polemical agitation, he became the victim of
an interior struggle that made him writhe in the throes of racking anxiety,
distressing doubts and agonizing reproaches of conscience. With a directness
that knew no escape, he was now confronted by the poignant doubts aroused by
his headlong course: was he justified in his bold and unprecedented action;
were not his innovations diametrically opposed to the history and experience
of spiritual and human order as it prevailed from Apostolic times;

http://www.newadvent.org/cathen/09438b.htm

This guy was really screwed up inside his own mind.
Philosopher, bi-polar, with the ability to screw up others
as charlie manson did.

The floodgates once opened, the deluge followed. On 9 October, 1521,
thirty-nine out of the forty Augustinian Friars formally declared their
refusal to say private Mass any longer; Zwilling, one of the most rabid of
them, denounced the Mass as a devilish institution; Justus Jonas stigmatized
Masses for the dead as sacrilegious pestilences of the soul;

Luther had one prominent trait of character, which in the consensus of those
who have made him a special study, overshadowed all others. It was an
overweening confidence and unbending will, buttressed by an inflexible
dogmatism. He recognized no superior, tolerated no rival, brooked no
contradiction.

While Germany was drenched in blood, its people paralyzed with horror, the
cry of the widow and wail of the orphan throughout the land, Luther then in
his forty-second year was spending his honeymoon with Catherine von Bora,
then twenty-six (married 13 June, 1525), a Bernardine nun who had abandoned
her convent. He was regaling his friends with some coldblooded witticisms
about the horrible catastrophe uttering confessions of self-reproach and
shame, and giving circumstantial details of his connubial bliss

In the beginning of 1534, Luther after twelve years of intermittent labour,
completed and published in six parts his German translation of the entire
Bible.
Of course, another bible thumper translating it into something he alone
interpretted.

Luther's rugged health began to show marks of depleting vitality and
unchecked inroads of disease. Prolonged attacks of dyspepsia, nervous
headaches, chronic granular kidney disease, gout, sciatic rheumatism, middle
ear abscesses, above all vertigo and gall stone colic were intermittent or
chronic ailments that gradually made him the typical embodiment of a
supersensitively nervous, prematurely old man.

A whimp and a whiner.

It was while in this agony of body and torture of mind, that his
unsurpassable and irreproducible coarseness attained its culminating point
of virtuosity in his anti-Semitic and antipapal pamphlets.

His last act was, as he predicted and prayed for, an attack on the papacy.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 7:27:29 PM4/28/12
> . In the end Luther did more for Catholics than anyone else.

He was a charlie manson in robes who felt he was as important
a man as the pope, and he was destined for failure in his own
mind, body and soul. He may have started with good intentions,
but he ended up marrying a nun, fathering 6 children, writing
anti-papal and anti-semitic pamphlets with his own take on salvation.
No different from many televangelists today.

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 7:31:08 PM4/28/12

". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org> wrote

>>>. Gauthe is still alive and quite probaably still looking for boy butt.
>>>That's what he does Duke.
>>
>>But not as a priest any more. Now he's just the man he always was.
>>
> . Holy Orders are not reverseable.

None of the sacraments are reversable.

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 7:42:45 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:24:14 -0400, "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

>A whimp and a whiner.

"+ Why can't you leave me alone?"
"+ Make them stop...."
"+ Please, make them stop."
"Waaaaaaaaaaaaaa...."
- Patrick Barker whining

Alan Ferris

Apr 28, 2012, 7:43:52 PM4/28/12
On Sat, 28 Apr 2012 19:27:29 -0400, "Patrick" <bark...@erinot.com>
wrote:

>> . In the end Luther did more for Catholics than anyone else.
>
>He was a charlie manson in robes who felt he was as important
>a man as the pope, and he was destined for failure in his own
>mind, body and soul.

Lets look at Barker's views of other prominent Catholics:

"+ Ratzo is a power hungry cardinal well placed in the Vatican
who will never have any backing to become Pope. He does
what he needs to do. He provides comic relief for many of us."
- P.Barker 6/10/03

Patrick

Apr 28, 2012, 8:03:38 PM4/28/12
". R. L. Measures." <r...@somis.org>

I have something interesting I saw today
If you haven't watched this.... it is a must.. I have no words to describe
it
This is an amazing video on human life from conception to birth using the
newest x-ray scanning technology that won its two inventors the Nobel Peace
Prize.
This is a remarkable color video every person should see.

[ Click On : ]
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=fKyljukBE70

It is loading more messages.