Serb victums found, more missing.

mil...@world.com

May 10, 2001, 10:22:31 AM5/10/01

May 10, 2001

Report of Bodies Hidden in Danube in '99

By REUTERS

B ELGRADE, Serbia, May 9 Serbian police officials said today that they
were investigating the reported discovery of 50 bodies in a submerged
truck that had been dumped into the Danube during NATO's 1999 bombing
of Yugoslavia.

The case has received wide coverage in Belgrade news media since a
little-known publication in eastern Serbia specializing in crime
reported last month on the discover.

A local human rights group, saying there were reliable indications
that Serbian forces destroyed evidence of crimes against Kosovo
Albanians during the war, drew attention this month to the report in
the Timocka Krimi Revija and demanded an investigation.

Western governments and human rights groups have charged Serbian
police and the Yugoslav Army, then under the control of Slobodan
Milosevic, with widespread atrocities against ethnic Albanians during
the 1998-99 Kosovo conflict.

The Red Cross office in Kosovo said earlier this year that about 3,500
Kosovo residents, mainly ethnic Albanians, were still missing.

The Timocka Krimi Revija said the 50 bodies were found near the
eastern Serbian village of Tekija.

Copyright 2001 The New York Times Company | Privacy Information

arch...@erols.com

May 14, 2001, 12:22:06 AM5/14/01
to mil...@world.com
Milo,

One day I am going to come across a webpage in which ALL the victims of
Kosovo are ALL on ONE webpage.

Did you forget:

From: office@g...
Date: Mon May 7, 2001 5:14 pm
Subject: [CDHRF_LIST] Weekly report no. 544

KŰSHILLI PŰR MBROJTJEN E TŰ DREJTAVE E TŰ LIRIVE TŰ
NJERIUT
COUNCIL FOR THE DEFENCE OF HUMAN RIGHTS AND FREEDOMS
Rr. Ylfete Humolli, 38000 Prishtinű-Kosovű; tel. 381
(0) 549006 fax:
381 (0) 38 549007
E-mail:office@c...
http://www.cdhrf.org

Weekly report no. 544

on the situation of human rights and freedoms in Kosova
between April
22 and April 30, 2001

Killings

On April 24, at 7.45 a.m., Ismet Rraci (1948),
mayor and the
chairman of the LDK branch in Klina, was killed in
front of his house
in Klina.
On April 30, Sasha Dobiq (18) was killed in the
vicinity of
the green market in Vitia. Unidentified persons opened
fire at him
from a moving "Lada" car. Mehmet Shusha from the
village of Bin÷a
near Vitia was seriously wounded. After the incident,
groups of Serbs
blocked the road between Vitia and Kllokot. The
protesters assaulted
passers-by. A car was destroyed (a woman and her three
children, who
were inside the car, suffered body injuries). The
incident did not
escalate thanks to the timely intervention of the UNMIK
police and
KFOR soldiers.

Disappearances and kidnappings

PRISHTINA: According to Dean Olson, the
spokesman of the
UNMIK police, a group of 8 masked persons tried to
abduct 3 children
(aged 12) in the municipality of Vitia. As the children
resisted and
cried for help the assaulters escaped. An Albanian, who
had tried to
abduct a 14-year-old child, was arrested in Prishtina.
A 12-year-old
Roma child was abducted in Ferizaj. On April 27, 4
Albanians abducted
an Albanian girl in the village of Kastriot near
Skűnderaj.

or

The prisoners-trials

GJAKOVA: On April 23, the Supreme Court of
Serbia released
143 Albanians from Gjakova: Albert Delia, Lulűzim
Delia, Emin Delia,
Mithat Guta, Ymer Guta, Bujar Hasiqi, Burim Hasiqi,
Fahri Koshi,
Alban Koshi, Idriz Pepaj, Yll Pepaj, Labinot Pula,
Adriatik Pula,
Myhedin Zeka, Mithat Zeka, Gazmend Zhubi, Florent
Zhubi, Driton
Aliaga, Asim Bakalli, Dritűro Ballata, Gemb Batusha,
Avni Byty÷i,
Shpend Canamusa, Fatos Deva, Burim Dobruna, Menduh
Duraku, Visar
Dushi, Yll Ferizi, Mazllom Grushti, Bekim Lota, Diamant
Manxhuka,
Endohan Mati, Besnik Mejzini, Diamant Mici, Artan
Morina, Besfort
Mullahasani, Abdurrahman Naka, Shkűlzen Nura, Hivzi
Perolli, Admir
Pruthi, Florent Rudi, Bekim Rragomi, Petrit Sahat÷ia,
Edmond
Shtaloja, Naser Shunjaku, Skűnder Tahiraj, Petrit Vula,
Pűrparim
Zejnullahu and Fisnik Zhavelli – sentenced to 13 years
of
imprisonment each; Burim Brovina, Jusuf Brovina,
Sulejman Brovina,
Agim Hoda, Faton Hoda, Hysni Hoda, Alban Koshi, Albert
Koshi, Behar
Koshi, Emri Ahmeti, Mustafű Ahmeti, Aliriza Pruthi,
Fatmir Pruthi,
Agron Pula, Dukagjin Pula, Burim Zhubi, Kastriot Zhubi,
Esat Ahma,
Burhan Aliaga, Feriz Bazhdaraj, Sahit Beqiri, Fatmir
Byty÷i, Selami
Curraj, Edmond Dushi, Pűrparim Efendia, Muhamet Guta,
Hasan Halilaj,
Artan Hasi, Bekim Hoxha, Hysen Juniku, Tahir Kajdom÷aj,
Petrit
Kűpuska, Yll Kusari, Rinor Lama, Fadil Lushi, Ilir
Lyta, Nazmi
Morina, Agim Muhaxheri, Bekim Mullahasani, Bekim Musa,
Bashkim
Mustafa, Avdyl Ndrecaj, Vllaznim Radogoshi, Jeton
Rezniqi, Gűzim
Sada, Qemajl Tha÷i, Mustafű Ukaj, Nexhdet Vehapi, Genc
Xharra, Driton
Xhiha and Esat Zherka - sentenced to 12 years of
imprisonment each;
Adem Morina, Sami Morina, Adriatik Vokshi, Shefqet
Vokshi, Asllan
Ahmeti, Nexhmedin Baraku, Adnan Brovina, Afrim Caka,
Zog Delia,
Flamur Godeni, Afrim Hasiqi, Qamil Haxhibeqiri, Agron
Lama, Hav
Mustafaj, Lulzim Qerimi, Ferhat Ruhani, Nysret
Shunjaku, Fatmir
Tafarshiku, Rifat Tha÷i and Driton Xhiha - sentenced to
10 years of
imprisonment each; Driton Byty÷i, Fatos Dautaga, Mehdi
Ferizi, Halim
Guta, Flamur Hana, Binak Haxhia, Kreshnik Hoda, Petrit
Jakupaj, Avni
Kryeziu, Ardian Tetrica and Ergjin Zhubi - sentenced to
9 years of
imprisonment each; and Arbnor Koshi, Armand Koshi,
Mithat Buza, Enver
Dula, Gani Gexha, Adnan Haxhibeqiri, Ylber Kastrati,
Fadil Krasniqi,
Elmi Tahiri and Skűnder Xhiha as well as Blerim Juniku
and Valdet
Krasniqi (juveniles) - sentenced to 7 years of
imprisonment each.
On April 23, an Albanian from Prishtina was
released from
prison.
On April 26, Isa Axhanela and Luan Xheka from
Gjakova were
released from the prison in Nish. Avdi Hyseni from the
village of
Popoc near Gjakova and an Albanian from Besiana were
released from
the prison in Zaje÷ar.
According to the ICRC, up to now, 1758
Albanians were
released from the prisons of Serbia. 278 Albanians are
still in
prison.

PRISHTINA: On April 29, Hans Haekkerup, the
SRSG in Kosova,
extended the pre-trial detention to Avdi Behluli, ×elű
Gashi and
Jusuf Veliu. The three are suspects in the attack
against the bus in
Mediana (Merdar) near Besiana on February 16, 2001.

April 25

MITROVICA: At 11 p.m., in the "Ibri" quarter, a
group of
Serbs physically ill-treated Zejnepe Ibrahim Hasani
(35) and Hylkije
Fejza (50).

April 27

MITROVICA: During the last few days, due to the
roadblocks,
which were set by the Serbs in the northern part of
Kosova, the
Albanians from the "Kodra e Minatorűve" quarter in the
northern part
of Mitrovica face many difficulties to provide food for
their
families. The inhabitants have appealed to humanitarian
organizations
for help. French soldiers have promised to help in
supplying them
with food.
KASTRIOT: A peaceful protest was held at the
Roma camp in
Analum (Plemetin). Roma from the municipalities of
Kastriot,
Prishtina, Lipjan and Skűnderaj demanded better living
conditions.
According to Bajrush Berisha, the protests were
organized as those
living in the camp were faced with famine. The
protesters dispersed
once the municipal authorities promised them that they
would do their
utmost to solve their problems and to help them return
to their homes.

April 30

MITROVICA: A number of roads in the northern
part of Kosova
are still blocked by Serbian protesters. According to
the MNBN, there
are still 5 roadblocks in this part of Kosova (3 in the
north of
Mitrovica and 2 in Zubin Potok). In the meantime, all
the barricades
were removed from the Ibri highway. KFOR and UNMIK
vehicles have no
problems to move through these roads.
BELGRADE: The Humanitarian Law Fund accused the
Serbian
Ministry of Interior Affairs and the VJ for destroying
evidence of
the crimes committed against the Albanians in Kosova
between March 24
and June 12, 1999. According to the HLF, "at least 800
corpses,
including corpses of women, children and elderly, were
exhumed and
reburied in secret locations". The evidence was
destroyed "by burning
the corpses or reburying them in secret locations".
This is what
happened to the corpses of 130 Albanians from Izbica
and 87 Albanians
from Gjakova. On the other hand, the corpses of 107
Albanians from
Krusha e Madhe (municipality of Rahovec), who were
killed on March
26, 1999, were never found. According to the HLF, on
April 6, 1999, a
refrigerator truck with 50 corpses (women, children and
elderly) was
pulled out of the Danube River in the vicinity of the
village of Teki
(municipality of Klladova (in Serbia)). The truck had
Peja number
plates. According to Zhivojin Gjorgjeviq (a
professional diver, who
helped in pulling the truck out of the river) the
corpses were loaded
to another truck and taken in the direction of Donji
Milanovac. The
Ministry of Interior Affairs, the Prosecutors Office
and the
Municipal Court in Klladova as well as the District
Court in Negotin
were informed on this case, which was declared a "state
secret". The
truck, which was pulled out of the river was taken to
Petrova and
destroyed. The witness was told not to talk about this
case.
A few days ago, the VJ began the court
proceedings against
245 soldiers, of whom 183 are accused of having
committed crimes,
which resulted in the death of civilians and the
destruction of their
property.

Presheva, Bujanoc, Medvegja

BUJANOC: On April 24, at about 10.20 p.m.,
unidentified
persons threw an explosive device in the house yard of
Hafiz Qerimi
in Bujanoc. The house windows were broken.
PRESHEVA: On April 27, at about 8.30 a.m., two
Albanians were
wounded in the vicinity of the quarry in Carravajka.

Prishtina, May 2, 2001
Information Service

mil...@world.com

May 14, 2001, 7:52:25 AM5/14/01
The news story reported by National Public Radio of the tactic of digging
up bodies to hide them and of using a smelter to burn them, was pooh
poohed Especially the reported use of ice cream trucks to carry the
bodies was a source of scorn. Now we have serb sources saying the same
thing with physical evidence, such as one of the trucks being pulled from
the river. Now who has the laugh? All the serb misdirection propaganda
melts away, like ice cream in a truck dumped in a river. There are hands
with blood on them and just because some of them are also Orthodox hands
doesn't excuse them or provide reasons to hide our eyes and say it never
happened. Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.

> [...]

> Fejza (50).
>
> April 27
>
> MITROVICA: During the last few days, due to the
>roadblocks,
> which were set by the Serbs in the northern part of
>Kosova, the

> Albanians from the "Kodra e Minatorūve" quarter in the

>northern part
> of Mitrovica face many difficulties to provide food for
>their
> families. The inhabitants have appealed to humanitarian
>organizations
> for help. French soldiers have promised to help in
>supplying them
> with food.
> KASTRIOT: A peaceful protest was held at the
>Roma camp in
> Analum (Plemetin). Roma from the municipalities of
>Kastriot,

> Prishtina, Lipjan and Skūnderaj demanded better living

arch...@erols.com

May 16, 2001, 5:04:25 AM5/16/01

mil...@world.com wrote:

> The news story reported by National Public Radio of the tactic of digging
> up bodies to hide them and of using a smelter to burn them, was pooh
> poohed Especially the reported use of ice cream trucks to carry the
> bodies was a source of scorn. Now we have serb sources saying the same
> thing with physical evidence, such as one of the trucks being pulled from
> the river. Now who has the laugh? All the serb misdirection propaganda
> melts away, like ice cream in a truck dumped in a river. There are hands
> with blood on them and just because some of them are also Orthodox hands
> doesn't excuse them or provide reasons to hide our eyes and say it never
> happened. Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy, Lord have mercy.

Of course there being Orthodox does not excuse them. Those that misuse
religion to evil purpose are condemned.

Still, you did not get my point which is that I would like to see a web
page containing the atrocities form both communities.