Katie Higgins, Shakyamuni Buddha IS NOT God Almighty and Nichiren Daishonin IS Jogyo

Chas.

Aug 30, 2017, 1:39:52 PM8/30/17

On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 9:26:52 AM UTC-7, Katie Higgins wrote:
> On Wednesday, August 16, 2017 at 11:14:41 AM UTC-4, Chas. wrote:
> > Here's one (of a multitude) you haven't answered:
> >
> > On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 3:17:50 PM UTC-7, Katie Higgins wrote:
> > > Assigning the True Buddha to the status of provisional " husk Buddha" is the polar opposite of reverence .
> > >

> > Hardly. Are you saying that somehow we are different?
> >
> > He was born of a human mother as a human.
> >
> > He had a y-chromosome, an x chromosome and 44 others, just like me.
> >
> > He lived and died, as I have and will.
> >
> > He was given the three bodies of the Buddha upon his birth from his parents, just like I was (dispute that and you dispute Nichiren Daishonin and call him a liar.)
> >
> > There are no distinctions between Shakyamuni and myself: we are both votaries of the Lotus Sutra, although I am a Bodhisattva of the earth and follower of Nichiren Daishonin as Jogyo, and he appears not to be such.
> >
> > Here, you see Nichiren Daishonin is in agreement: he is the embodiment of Bodhisattva Jogyo:
> >
> > From "On the Receiving of the Three Great Secret Laws", WND II, p. 987:
> > http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-2/Content/353#para-29
> >
> > ... These Three Great Secret Laws were unquestionably received
> > ... by me, Nichiren, some two thousand and more years ago, when
> > ... I was the leader of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth; they were
> > ... passed on to me by oral transmission from the lord of
> > ... teachings, the World-Honored One of Great Enlightenment. And
> > ... these actions that I now take embody what I received in
> > ... transmission on Eagle Peak, without the slightest deviation
> > ... or alteration in form, the three great matters of the Law of
> > ... the “Life Span” chapter.
> >
> > What do you dispute from what I just said?
> >
> > -Chas.
>
> You show that you did not learn the basics from Nichiren. I dispute everything you say--
>
> You aren't equal to the Buddha or Nichiren. You are an Ikeda-Bot-- member of the cult, SGI--
>
> ~Katie

Let's go through what you just disputed in your typical smearing style.

-> Here's one (of a multitude) you haven't answered:

-> On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 3:17:50 PM UTC-7, Katie Higgins wrote:
-> Assigning the True Buddha to the status of provisional " husk Buddha" is the polar opposite of reverence .
->

-> Hardly. Are you saying that somehow we are different?

-> He was born of a human mother as a human.

Are you saying that Shakyamuni is not human? I'm quite certain he is one of us and not from an alien species.

-> He had a y-chromosome, an x chromosome and 44 others, just like me.

I am also quite certain of his genome, are you? You seem quite confused about the nature of this individual. He certainly was not a stone or plastic statue in front of a butsudan slandering the Gohonzon.

-> He lived and died, as I have and will.

Are you saying he didn't live and then die? There is a whole Nirvana Sutra on his last 24 hours. Are you saying I won't die, that maybe I'm eternal? I assure you I'm not.

-> He was given the three bodies of the Buddha upon his birth from his parents, just like I was (dispute that and you dispute Nichiren Daishonin and call him a liar.)

Nichiren Daishonin is quite clear on this point in many, many Goshos. All living beings receive the three bodies of the Buddha from their parent couple, or by budding, their pre-sibling parent cell, for single-celled organisms.

-> There are no distinctions between Shakyamuni and myself: we are both votaries of the Lotus Sutra, although I am a Bodhisattva of the earth and follower of Nichiren Daishonin as Jogyo, and he appears not to be such.

The Buddha himself in his Lotus Sutra preaches that there will be no distinctions between the Buddha and his followers, and that the Lotus Sutra can only be shared or discussed between Buddhas. Are you disputing that?

-> Here, you see Nichiren Daishonin is in agreement: he is the embodiment of Bodhisattva Jogyo:

-> From "On the Receiving of the Three Great Secret Laws", WND II, p. 987:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/wnd-2/Content/353#para-29

.. These Three Great Secret Laws were unquestionably received
.. by me, Nichiren, some two thousand and more years ago, when
.. I was the leader of the Bodhisattvas of the Earth; they were
.. passed on to me by oral transmission from the lord of
.. teachings, the World-Honored One of Great Enlightenment. And
.. these actions that I now take embody what I received in
.. transmission on Eagle Peak, without the slightest deviation
.. or alteration in form, the three great matters of the Law of
.. the “Life Span” chapter.

Are you calling Nichiren Daishonin a liar? He states quite clearly that he is Bodhisattva Jogyo/Superior Practices, and I can guarantee that is the truth.

Are you calling Nichiren Daishonin a liar?

-> What do you dispute from what I just said?

I think it is far more likely that you, Katie Higgins, are the outrageous lying traitor here.

-> Chas.

Katie Higgins

Aug 30, 2017, 4:54:44 PM8/30/17
You are wrong-headed Chas. - But then, like the golden words of the Buddha you mouth and disregard everyday, you likewise dismiss Nichiren's clear concise statements --:

To: Chas
From: Nichiren "reply to Yasaburo" #100. (1277)
Re: Guidance for religious debate.

" I suggest you begin the religious debate with these words : 'Although I am an ignorant layman, among the teachings I have heard, I was especially impressed by the passage in the second volume of the Lotus Sutra that reads, 'Now this threefold world is all my domain ...' This sutra passage means that this country of Japan is the domain of Shakyamuni Buddha. In addition to the fact that all the gods, such as the Sun Goddess, Great Bodhisattva Hachiman , and the Emperor Jimmu, and all people from the ruler of the nation on down, dwell within his realm, he is the Buddha to whom we living beings are greatly indebted for three reasons . First, he is our sovereign; second, he is our teacher; and third , he is our father. Among all the buddhas of the ten directions, only Shakyamuni Buddha is endowed with all three virtues. "

You , Chas are a living being born into Shakyamuni's domain-- your potential for attaining enlightenment is due to the causes made by Shakyamuni who attained enlightenment an unfathomable period of time ago-- as Shakyamuni explains in the Life Span chapter that the Gakkai decided to delete form your daily recitation, that his attainment of enlightenment is due to his ceaseless dedication to saving all living being in this saha world. A teacher, not a GOD, Chas--A compassionate teacher who was called the most filial by all Buddha's of the ten directions-- and YOU, Chas in concert with your SGIkeda are "unfilial" to the tenth power regarding the Buddha to whom we owe the greatest debt of gratitude. YOU claim to be equal to Shakyamuni? NOT because Nichiren ever said this, but because the Tender hongaku writings - based on notes gathered from secret and oral transmissions , claim that ALL is inherently, originally, Buddha!

Your little arsenal of a main corpus is a collection of tainted, fabricated, Tendai infused writings that support Tendai hongaku shiso. You are wrong headed, Chas-- drunk on the poison of evil doctrines that discard both the Buddha and the Lotus Sutra-- .

~Katie

Chas.

Aug 31, 2017, 2:00:28 AM8/31/17
Ah, but you completely ignore the Lotus Sutra which completely contradicts your false deification of Shakyamuni:

The Lotus Sutra defeats Mark Rogow and Katie Higgins deification: the Buddha had 15 brothers just like him +

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.religion.buddhism.nichiren/1fUX4H4ZIaw/hwfPlTmaBwAJ

Here's some Lotus Sutra for you to consider, Mark Rogow, in your utter defeat.

You say that Shakyamuni alone is the Tathagata, the only Thus Come One, and everyone else should prostrate themselves and kiss the feet of his statues as if he were God Almighty, creator of heaven and earth, and no one else is a Buddha. However, this is utterly incorrect.

When Shakyamuni preaches the Lotus Sutra, he is speaking for the soul of Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo that exists in all living beings, but he is not the only one that preaches thus. In the Lotus Sutra he predicts future Buddhas from his followers and even from Devadatta. They will all become Thus Come Ones and that means they will all preach the Lotus Sutra as he did.

In the remote past there were also others who preached thus, Shakyamuni's grandfather, his father the buddha Great Universal Wisdom Excellence and 15 brothers:

The Parable of the Phantom City, LS-7, pp 156-157:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/lsoc/Content/7#para-35

... "Now, monks, the buddha Great Universal Wisdom Excellence
... passed ten small kalpas before the Law of the buddhas
... finally appeared before him and he attained supreme
... perfect enlightenment. Before this buddha left the
... householder's life, he had sixteen sons, the first of whom
... was named Wisdom Accumulated. These sons each had various
... kinds of rare objects and toys of one kind or another, but
... when they heard that their father had attained supreme
... perfect enlightenment, they all threw aside their rare
... objects and went to where the buddha was. Their mothers,
... weeping, followed after them.
... "Their grandfather, who was a wheel-turning sage king,
... along with a hundred chief ministers, as well as a
... hundred, thousand, ten thousand, million of his subjects,
... all together surrounded the sons and followed them to the
... place of enlightenment, all wishing to draw close to the
... thus come one Great Universal Wisdom Excellence, to offer
... alms, pay honor, venerate, and praise him. When they
... arrived, they bowed before his feet, touching their heads
... to the ground.

He and his fifteen brothers all preached in different Buddha lands:

From the Lotus Sutra, Chapter 7, "Parable of the Phantom City", pp.172-173:
http://www.nichirenlibrary.org/en/lsoc/Content/7#para-282

... “You monks, I will now tell you this. These disciples of
... the buddha, these sixteen shramaneras, have now all
... attained supreme perfect enlightenment. In the lands in the
... ten directions they are at present preaching the Law, with
... immeasurable hundreds, thousands, ten thousands, millions
... of bodhisattvas and voice-hearers for their retinues. Two
... of these shramaneras have become buddhas in the eastern
... region. One is named Akshobhya and lives in the Land of
... Joy. The other is named Sumeru Peak. Two are buddhas in the
... southeastern region, one named Lion Voice, the other named
... Lion Appearance. Two are buddhas in the southern region,
... one named Void-Dwelling, the other named Ever Extinguished.
... Two are buddhas in the southwestern region, one named
... Emperor Appearance, the other named Brahma Appearance. Two
... are buddhas in the western region, one named Amitayus, the
... other named Saving All from Worldly Suffering. Two are
... buddhas in the northwestern region, one named Tamala Leaf
... Sandalwood Fragrance Transcendental Power, the other named
... Sumeru Appearance. Two are buddhas in the northern region,
... one named Cloud Freedom, the other named Cloud Freedom
... King. Of the buddhas of the northeastern region, one is
... named Destroying All Worldly Fears. THE SIXTEENTH IS I,
... SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA, WHO IN THIS SAHA LAND HAVE ATTAINED
... SUPREME PERFECT ENLIGHTENMENT.

Presumably, when each preached the Lotus Sutra, each in turn spoke for the entity of the Mystic Law welling up from within their lives. Each in turn said, "I [name goes here] tell all creatures that I [name goes here] exist forever in this world."

Presumably, none of them had the job of declaring what is the [name goes here]. That is the job of some one who comes sometime later as Bodhisattva Jogyo who says that "the actual name of the entity" was/is/will be "Myoho-Renge."

I presume that having been thus in this world, it is thus in those "other lands".

My presumptions might be wrong, but AT LEAST THEY ARE IN LINE WITH THE ACTUAL WORDS DESCRIBING THE TRUE REALITY IN THE LOTUS SUTRA ITSELF, PREACHED BY SHAKYAMUNI, HIMSELF, AND NOT IN DIRECT CONTRADICTION OF THE GOLDEN WORDS OF THE LOTUS SUTRA PREACHED BY SHAKYAMUNI BUDDHA, AS YOUR DISTORTIONS OF BUDDHISM ARE.

-Chas.