The Biggest Lie Told that the American People Actually Believe

1 view

bw

Aug 12, 2011, 7:36:41 PM8/12/11

Sure do wish that this weren't true, but it sure is. What a hell of
a mess we have.

'''''''''''''''''''''''''
Q. What is the most significant lie that the American people have been
tricked into believing?

A. That the military industrial complex exists to defend us. In truth,
it exists to defend the pork barrels that have been put in place by
extremely wealthy, greedy, men who simply can't get enough billions -
- who don't care how much blood is on their money, and how many lies
are told to get it in their hands.
They take all the necessary steps to perpetually create & agravate
enemies, so that their pork barrels will be protected by their minion
politicians, and justified (with lies) when necessary. They will stop
at nothing to prevent peace and prolong war.

I pity them. In a many ways, they are lower than dogs. It is far
better to be an honest janitor with no blood on your hands, than a
dishonest billionaire with bloody hands.

If the organized criminals who are the USA's ruling elite were honest,
they would rename the "Department of Defense" to the "Department of
Perpetual War, Deception, & Huge Profits"
There is Solid Evidence of War Crimes on every Video on this page:
http://www.collateralmurder.com

"Some things you must always be unable to bear. Some things you must
never stop refusing to bear. Injustice and outrage and dishonor and
shame. No matter how young you are or how old you have got. Not for
kudos and not for cash, your picture in the paper nor money in the
bank, neither. Just refuse to bear them."
William Faulkner

Killing Hope: U.S. Military and C.I.A. Interventions since World War
II is a history book on covert CIA operations and U.S. military
interventions during the second half of the 20th century, written by
former State Department employee William Blum.

The book covers various US foreign policy ventures from just after
World War II onward. Its basic premise is that the Soviet Union
occupied the Warsaw Pact states only to better defend its
territory[citation needed] and the American Cold War-era activities
abroad were done with imperialist motives...

Noam Chomsky called it "Far and away the best book on the topic."[1]
Former CIA officer John Stockwell called it "The single most useful
summary of CIA history."

The 12 lines above were copied from:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Killing_Hope

Mr. Blum has many chapters from the book online for free reading here:
http://killinghope.org/

--------
excerpt from William Blum's june 28 newsletter:

We came, we saw, we destroyed, we forgot

An updated summary of the charming record of US foreign policy. Since
the end of the Second World War, the United States of America has ...

1. Attempted to overthrow more than 50 governments, most of which
were democratically-elected. 7
2. Attempted to suppress a populist or nationalist movement in 20
countries. 8
3. Grossly interfered in democratic elections in at least 30
countries. 9
4. Dropped bombs on the people of more than 30 countries. 10
5. Attempted to assassinate more than 50 foreign leaders. 11

In total: Since 1945, the United States has carried out one or more of
the above actions, on one or more occasions, in the following 69
countries
Excepted from:
http://killinghope.org/bblum6/aer96.html

William Blum on the recent Tragedy in Norway:
"Amidst all the sadness and horror surrounding the massacre in Norway,
we should not lose sight of the fact that "peaceful little Norway"
participated in the bombing of Yugoslavia in 1999; has deployed troops
in Iraq; has troops in Afghanistan; and has supplied warplanes for
NATO's bombing of Libya. The teenagers of those countries who lost
their lives to the US/NATO killing machine wanted to live to adulthood
and old age as much as the teenagers in Norway. With all the
condemnation of "extremism" we now hear in Norway and around the world
we must ask if this behavior of the Norwegian government, as well as
that of the United States and NATO, is not "extremist"."

=============================

Colman McCarthy: Among individuals, peace is the result of love. If
love were easy, we’d all be good at it. Collectively, peace is the
result of justice. And again, if justice were easy all nations would
be good at it.
Politicians who argue that peace comes through strength are referring
to military strength – the strength of violence, from the violence of
the nuclear bomb to the roadside bomb. If military strength were
effective, the planet would have had peace eons ago. Yet against all
historical evidence, we are repeatedly told, war after war, century
after century, that this time violence will work.

==============================

"I spent thirty-three years and four months in active service in the
country's most agile military force, the Marines. I served in all
ranks from second lieutenant to major general. And during that period
I spent most of my time being a high-class muscle man for Big
Business, for Wall Street and the bankers. In short, I was a
racketeer, a gangster for capitalism.

"I suspected I was just part of a racket at the time. Now I am sure of
it. Like all members of the military profession I never had an
original thought until I left the service. My mental faculties
remained in suspended animation while I obeyed the orders of the
higher-ups. This is typical with everyone in the military service.

"Thus I helped make Mexico, and especially Tampico, safe for American
oil interests in 1914. "I helped make Haiti and Cuba a decent place
for the National City Bank boys to collect revenue in. I helped in the
raping of half-a-dozen Central American republics for the benefit of
Wall Street. The record of racketeering is long. I helped purify
Nicaragua for the international banking house of Brown Brothers and
Co. in 1909-1912. I brought light to the Dominican Republic for the
sugar interests in 1916. I helped make Honduras 'right' for American
fruit companies in 1903. In China in 1927 I helped see to it that
Standard Oil went its way unmolested.

"During those years, I had, as the boys in the back room would say, a
swell racket. I was rewarded with honors, medals, and promotion.
Looking back on it, I feel that I might have given Al Capone a few
hints. The best he could do was to operate a racket in three city
districts. The Marines operated on three continents."
—Maj. Gen. Smedley Butler, U.S. Marine Corp

"Why of course the people don't want war... That is understood. But,
after all, it is the leaders of the country who determine the policy
and it is always a simple matter to drag the people along... All you
have to do is tell them they are being attacked, and denounce the
peacemakers for lack of patriotism and exposing the country to danger.
It works the same in any country."
---Hermann Goering -famous Nazi leader convicted of war crimes and
crimes against humanity
777777777777777777777777777777

"They're leaving as heroes. I want them to walk home with pride in
their hearts," declared Col. John Norris, the head of a US Army
brigade in Iraq.

It's enough to bring tears to the eyes of an American, enough to
make him choke up.

Enough to make him forget.

But no American should be allowed to forget that the nation of
Iraq, the society of Iraq, have been destroyed, ruined, a failed
state. The Americans, beginning 1991, bombed for 12 years, with one
excuse or another; then invaded, then occupied, overthrew the
government, killed wantonly, tortured ... the people of that unhappy
land have lost everything — their homes, their schools, their
electricity, their clean water, their environment, their
neighborhoods, their mosques, their archaeology, their jobs, their
careers, their professionals, their state-run enterprises, their
physical health, their mental health, their health care, their welfare
state, their women's rights, their religious tolerance, their safety,
their security, their children, their parents, their past, their
present, their future, their lives ... More than half the population
either dead, wounded, traumatized, in prison, internally displaced, or
in foreign exile ... The air, soil, water, blood and genes drenched
with depleted uranium ... the most awful birth defects ... unexploded
cluster bombs lie in wait for children to pick them up ... an army of
young Islamic men went to Iraq to fight the American invaders; they
left the country more militant, hardened by war, to spread across the
Middle East, Europe and Central Asia ... a river of blood runs
alongside the Euphrates and Tigris ... through a country that may
never be put back together again.

"It is a common refrain among war-weary Iraqis that things were
better before the U.S.-led invasion in 2003," reported the Washington
Post on May 5, 2007.

No matter ... drum roll, please ... Stand tall American GI hero!
And don't even think of ever apologizing. Iraq is forced by the United
States to continue paying reparations for its own invasion of Kuwait
in 1990. How much will the American heroes pay the people of Iraq?

http://killinghope.org/bblum6/aer85.html

"...if we are to produce a more civilized society, a more just
society, it has to be based upon the truth. Because judgements which
are not based upon the truth can only lead to outcomes which are
themselves false." -- Julian Assange

"Some things you must always be unable to bear. Some things you must
never stop refusing to bear. Injustice and outrage and dishonor and
shame. No matter how young you are or how old you have got. Not for
kudos and not for cash, your picture in the paper nor money in the
bank, neither. Just refuse to bear them."
William Faulkner

=============================

"...mankind [will advance] into a civilization and a state of
consciousness in which right human relations and worldwide cooperation
for the good of all will be the universal keynote." The Tibetan

CJJ

Aug 13, 2011, 12:58:20 PM8/13/11

That's too true! The lies surrounding the so called 'department of
defense' are incredible whoppers.

The second biggest lie (?) may be that there are two major parties in
the USA. Actually both groups are servants of the ruling elite and are
about 98% corrupt & in total agreement of the need to perpetuate the
biggest lie about need for the military industrial complex.

More concerned citizens should recognize that our political
representatives are playing with fire and need to change their ways
asap. It is a wonder that someone representing the people who have
suffered as a consequence of US military and/or economic actions,
hasn't set off a nuclear weapon in the US. That remains a clear and
present danger - a natural/predictable consequence of US bullying.

The third biggest lie - is that the USA is a democracy and that it
matters who we vote for in presidential elections Those who count the
votes, (minions of the ruling elite) have it all under their thumbs.
They've been fixing elections in third world countries for years. Of
course they do the same thing here. They are much more interested in
staying in power and accumalating more billions, than they are in
making sure that Americans have plenty of opportunities to have
meaningful work/careers and a world at peace.

#4 That the USA has "liberty and justice for all"... If that were
true, then why do petty criminals get locked up for years, while big
time criminals work as senators & congressmen and why do
WhistleBlowers like Bradley Manning get locked up for being obedient
to international laws that require those with knowledge of war crimes
to report them? Justice in the USA is a game. If you have plenty of
money and the right friends, then you are for the most part above the
law - and are served a totally different type of "justice" than the
average people on the street.

----

The bigger picture---
All of this chaos that characterizes our nation & the world was
predicted many centuries ago. It was also predicted that after the
corrupt global economic system totally collapsed that an incredibly
wise man leading a group of several other incredibly wise men would
emerge on the world stage, lead humanity to sanity, and inspire
mankind to rebuild the world with both love and wisdom. He is known
by many different lofty names and will not come across as a religious
figure, but as a world teacher in the broadest sense of the word. It
will be very hard if not impossible for narrow minded people to
accept, but those who can see the massive need for global truth,
justice, & cooperation will be relieved/very glad to see it. Beleive
it or not.

=====

"Maitreya is awaiting the best timing to go public... We think... we
can go on in the old ways... more competition, more greed... It is not
so any longer; it does not work. If two-thirds of the world's
population are living in poverty then the economic system does not
work. If we think that they will go on without asking that it work for
them, then we are sorely out of step with reality. Maitreya will make
that clear." Benjamin Creme
------

"Without sharing there can be no justice;
without justice there can be no peace;
without peace there can be no future...
Man must change or die.
There is no other course."

Maitreya, the World Teacher
http://www.share-international.org

"The minority, the ruling class at present, has the schools and press,
usually the Church as well, under its thumb. This enables it to
organize and sway the emotions of the masses, and make its tool of
them." Albert Einstein

Let the Truth Set (or keep) You Free -- From the lies of the ruling
elite (the insanely greedy billionaires who treat the people like
herds of cows).

Stay Informed:
Watch PROGRESSIVE NEWS Broadcasts @ RT.COM
Commercial free, daily, informative, radical, progressive. Major daily
broadcasts from Washington, DC: between 5pm & 11pm, Eastern time
Thom Hartmann formerly of Air America, the Alonya show, & the
Kaiser report are three of many great shows that they have. Check it
out!
http://rt.com/on-air/rt-america-air/

"He shall proclaim the norm, lovely in its beginning,
lovely in its middle, and lovely in the end thereof."
Gautama Buddha talking about Maitreya

"When the people's voice is not heard, there will inevitably be
revolution." BC

----

feel free to forward or reproduce and share this message in whole or
in part.
Money and truth are like manure, in that they both need to be spread
around for them to do any good.