My Neighbor Wants To Know

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 8:00:30 AM7/2/12
Down having morning cup of Coffee, not of my own making, with Ms. Flo
'fore she go, off to the local Hospital to do her Nursing thang 'nd she
asked me if I knew of a good source of Public Domain or free
Downloadable E-books like the Gutenburg stuff, classics, stuff that has
not dated and has withstood the tests and trials of time for her
E-reader. It a Kindle I think.

Any links or URL's anyone can provide would be appreciated.

Yes Dave we know that our Local Lending Library has large store also,
but... she does an average of sometime 60 to 80 hours per week due to
shortage of professional people with her particular set of skills and
some time barely has time to squeeze in Grocery shopping or F2F social
contacts such as a morning, over coffee on the balcony jaw jacking with
the old fart a door down from her, or an occasional Sunday afternoon
sitting on the balcony of the Ded Fish watching the yung'uns in they
water craft cavorting and going to and fro on the lake below.

TIA

CC

Pepperoni

Jul 2, 2012, 8:19:07 AM7/2/12
Yer sarch engin is yer frien CCharlie

http://tinyurl.com/freebooksforccharli

Note the "related search" links fer mo links

WTFFFFFF AIOE will not send too ARAA retrurns error 401 BANNED LIST

Mark Warner

Jul 2, 2012, 8:21:27 AM7/2/12
Pepperoni wrote:

> WTFFFFFF AIOE will not send too ARAA retrurns error 401 BANNED LIST

You can thank our buddy Ex for that.

--
Mark Warner
MEPIS Linux

Rob D.

Jul 2, 2012, 8:26:59 AM7/2/12
Tell her to DL Calibre.

It does not have books in it (until you put them in its library), but
it will convert most anything into the format she will need, in case
the file she finds is not Kindle-ready.

Rob

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 8:32:02 AM7/2/12
Tanks. ;-)

> WTFFFFFF AIOE will not send too ARAA retrurns error 401 BANNED
> LIST

Check out the thread "Banned" and all the UUgly, red heded, bastid, step
chillen it spawned. ;-)

AIOE seems to have, due to an onslaught of newsgroup abuse by few self
styled PC (Privleged Characters) given *World* read only privileges
rather than *World* read write privileges seemingly in hopes of bringing
the masses back into line and to a civilized and acceptable level of
behavior when partaking of it's facilities. Can you imagine that? The
*owner* of a private, free, non-commercial, for public use NNTP server,
having the audacity to deny use of *his* time and resources to *anyone*
he wants/feels need to. Can you imagine *anyone* doing such an unheard
of thang. ;-)

CC

Pepperoni

Jul 2, 2012, 8:32:53 AM7/2/12
On Monday, July 2, 2012 8:21:27 AM UTC-4, Mark Warner wrote:
> Pepperoni wrote:
> >
> > WTFFFFFF AIOE will not send too ARAA retrurns error 441 BANNED LIST
>
> You can thank our buddy Ex for that.
>
> --

It was merely a small inconvenience. Took all of two minutes to find another reader find CCs post and paste/send.

Guess I need to pay a bit and go back to Newsguy. I miss my daily porn anyway. Google is so twitchy that you don't know for sure which month your post and replies will appear.

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 8:51:55 AM7/2/12
Resources all all book marked and e-mailed to 'er in clickable
Hyper-Links since she has difficulty groking the gibberish us Geeks
Speeks. ;-)

Like most time I tries 'splain sumpin verbally to her she say, "WTF yew
tawken 'nd squawken 'bout Snarly? Speak English damn it!"

CC

JimB

Jul 2, 2012, 9:07:51 AM7/2/12
In addition, all ya need is a card and a PC to check-out anything from
the local library. When the time comes for the e-book to be returned,
it automagically vanishes from your e-book until you want to check it
back out to finish reading it :-)

--
JimB
Linux user#495581

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 9:13:45 AM7/2/12
I sed:

> Yes Dave we know that our Local Lending Library has large store also,
> but... she does an average of sometime 60 to 80 hours per week due to
> shortage of professional people with her particular set of skills and
> some time barely has time to squeeze in Grocery shopping or F2F
> social contacts such as a morning, over coffee on the balcony jaw
> jacking with the old fart a door down from her, or an occasional
> Sunday afternoon sitting on the balcony of the Ded Fish watching the
> yung'uns in they water craft cavorting and going to and fro on the
> lake below.

But thanks for jarring my memory. ;-)

Gotta run for kitchen. I smells my breakfast nearing the too brown
threshold. ;-)

CC

JimB

Jul 2, 2012, 9:17:47 AM7/2/12
But, but, but.....

Go on and eat before it turns from crispy to burnt ;-)

--
JimB
Linux user#495581

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 9:23:33 AM7/2/12
Gracias por el permiso.

Sausage is on plate to wait 'nd two cackle berries is rotting sunny side
up in skillet.

Toast is 'bout rite fer butteren.

CC

CW

Jul 2, 2012, 9:33:08 AM7/2/12
Mark Warner wrote:

> Pepperoni wrote:
>>
>> WTFFFFFF AIOE will not send too ARAA retrurns error 401 BANNED LIST
>
> You can thank our buddy Ex for that.

Well, in all fairness to ex I don't think it was all his doing.

Around the time AIOE pulled the plug, I was trying to get a rise
out of Mikey by encouraging him to admit how badly he wanted to
kill abortionists/bomb abortion clinics. Bombs. Abortions.
Child rape. It could be that some overly sensitive someone simply
took offense and dropped dime???

Charlie M. 1958

Jul 2, 2012, 9:37:36 AM7/2/12
Get the feathers ready, Charlie.... I got the tar heating up.

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 10:34:24 AM7/2/12
On 7/2/2012 8:33 AM, CW wrote:
Well that, but then too, several suggestions from a microchipped Slug or
Fetid Slough Urchin or Manatee aka Sea Cow, out in the Florida glades
that someone should do it's heavy lifting and durty work and at least
beat the crap, if not as on at least one occasion the life out of
someone or another poster for being other wise minded than it 'tis, by
way of Giggle Grups. ;-)

Ded CC

Skeezix LaRocca

Jul 2, 2012, 10:47:07 AM7/2/12
Check yer e mail, pronto, Goat Roper.

--
Dr. Skeezix LaRocca, D.B. (Doctor Of Buffoonery)
Registered Linux Novice & Abuser #526706

Chronocidal Charlie

Jul 2, 2012, 10:59:04 AM7/2/12
On 7/2/2012 9:47 AM, Skeezix LaRocca wrote:
> On 07/02/2012 08:00 AM, Chronocidal Charlie wrote:
>> Down having morning cup of Coffee, not of my own making, with Ms.
>> Flo 'fore she go, off to the local Hospital to do her Nursing thang
>> 'nd she asked me if I knew of a good source of Public Domain or
>> free Downloadable E-books like the Gutenburg stuff, classics, stuff
>> that has not dated and has withstood the tests and trials of time
>> for her E-reader. It a Kindle I think.
>>
>> Any links or URL's anyone can provide would be appreciated.
>>
>> Yes Dave we know that our Local Lending Library has large store
>> also, but... she does an average of sometime 60 to 80 hours per
>> week due to shortage of professional people with her particular set
>> of skills and some time barely has time to squeeze in Grocery
>> shopping or F2F social contacts such as a morning, over coffee on
>> the balcony jaw jacking with the old fart a door down from her, or
>> an occasional Sunday afternoon sitting on the balcony of the Ded
>> Fish watching the yung'uns in they water craft cavorting and going
>> to and fro on the lake below.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> CC
>
> Check yer e mail, pronto, Goat Roper.

Hey, I only got two hands and one lens my glasses is smeared wiff big
glob pork sausage grease, I can't find my handi wipes 'nd I waiten fer
call back frum Houston, Town 'cause I inadvertently hits off butten on
my cell phone 'nd put us into phone tag mode 'nd Charming Billy Boy is
wanging at my door, possibly wanting to tell me about the yung wife he
been see or seeking what can't leave her mother, but most likely is only
wanting to mooch a smoke or borrow a couple of Hen Fruit.

I check it soon's I gits time. ;-)

CC

CW

Jul 2, 2012, 11:54:37 AM7/2/12
But... but... but... I've changed!! I really, truly have!!!

For starters, I stopped using the free public news servers and
started posting from my TeraNews account (Free 50MG Daily
Download Limit w/ a one time $3.95 setup fee!). AND I'm also
maybe thinking about a self-imposed restriction on certain language
which others may find objectionable or even downright offensive.
Granted, it's not my fault that there are people on usenet who're
either unaccustomed or unable to or grok deeper meanings through
close reading (things like irony, for example). But I am more than
willing to fall on my sword in order make up for such deficiencies
in my fellows and/or to keep them from ever having to develop such
skills themselves.....

I mean..., that's gotta count for something. Right? ;))

Charlie M. 1958

Jul 2, 2012, 12:06:23 PM7/2/12
On 7/2/2012 10:54 AM, CW wrote:

> For starters, I stopped using the free public news servers and
> started posting from my TeraNews account (Free 50MG Daily
> Download Limit w/ a one time $3.95 setup fee!). AND I'm also
> maybe thinking about a self-imposed restriction on certain language
> which others may find objectionable or even downright offensive.

Hey, I resemble these remarks!

> Granted, it's not my fault that there are people on usenet who're
> either unaccustomed or unable to or grok deeper meanings through
> close reading (things like irony, for example). But I am more than
> willing to fall on my sword in order make up for such deficiencies
> in my fellows and/or to keep them from ever having to develop such
> skills themselves.....

What a friggin' Jesus complex.

CW

Jul 2, 2012, 12:08:40 PM7/2/12
Yeah, and then there's that Cannukstani dumbass - whose only
association with members of the opposite sex thus far, seems
to have been to either pay them for sex up front or *take* what
he needs from them at knifepoint... and who, upon encountering
a woman in everyday life, can't seem to find the /right/ words
to say to her, and so reverts to treating them all as members
of one, t'other, or both of the 2 categories (whore/prey)
mentioned above....

Having said that ... as one straw amongst many, I think
it's probably safe to say it wasn't any one poster who made
this happen. ;)

As for my part, I have made my amends and humbly await tar
and feathering should it be deemed necessary...

CW

Jul 2, 2012, 12:19:08 PM7/2/12
Oh, yeah? Well, I think you're just jealous that I'm the son of God
and you're not! :p

Sharx35

Jul 2, 2012, 8:35:37 PM7/2/12

"Chronocidal Charlie" <c...@thereal.cc> wrote in message
Anyone who INSISTS on working 60 to 80 hours a week has mental
health issues. Why are you enabling her?

Sharx35

Jul 2, 2012, 8:37:33 PM7/2/12

"Pepperoni" <hux...@gmail.com> wrote in message
There is absolutely no valid reason to have to PAY to access
UseNet. LIkewise there is no need to use that fucking awful
TERRIBLE Google access to the groups.

dav...@agent.com

Jul 3, 2012, 2:06:09 AM7/3/12
"Sharx35" <sha...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>There is absolutely no valid reason to have to PAY to access
>UseNet. LIkewise there is no need to use that fucking awful
>TERRIBLE Google access to the groups.

In just over a decade, Edison's Menlo Park lab had expanded to
occupy two city blocks. Edison said he wanted the lab to have
"a stock of almost every conceivable material". A newspaper
article printed in 1887 reveals the seriousness of his claim,
stating the lab contained "8,000 kinds of chemicals, every kind of
screw made, every size of needle, every kind of cord or wire,
hair of humans, horses, hogs, cows, rabbits, goats, minx, camels
... silk in every texture, cocoons, various kinds of hoofs,
shark's teeth, deer horns, tortoise shell ... cork, resin, varnish
and oil, ostrich feathers, a peacock's tail, jet, amber, rubber,
all ores ..." and the list goes on.

Over his desk, Edison displayed a placard w/Sir Joshua Reynolds'
famous quotation: "There is no expedient to which a man will not
resort to avoid the real labor of thinking." This slogan was
reputedly posted at several other locations thruout the facility.

With Menlo Park, Edison had created the 1st industrial laboratory
concerned w/creating knowledge & then controlling its application.
[...]
Another of Edison's assistants was Nikola Tesla. Tesla claimed
that Edison had promised him $50,000 if he succeeded in making
improvements to his DC generation plants. Several months later,
when Tesla had finished the work and asked to be paid, he said
that Edison replied, "When you become a full-fledged American
you will appreciate an American joke."

Tesla immediately resigned. With Tesla's salary of $18/week, the
payment would've amounted to over 53 yrs' pay & the amount was
equal to the initial capital of the company. Another account states
that Tesla resigned when he was refused a raise to $25/week.

Although Tesla accepted an Edison Medal later in life, this & other
negative events concerning Edison remained with him. The day after
Edison died, the NY Times contained extensive coverage of Edison's
life, with the only negative opinion coming from Tesla who was
quoted as saying:

"He had no hobby, cared for no sort of amusement of any kind &
lived in utter disregard of the most elementary rules of hygiene.
[...] His method was inefficient in the extreme, for an immense
ground had to be covered to get anything at all unless blind chance
intervened &, at first, I was almost a sorry witness of his doings,
knowing that just a little theory and calculation would have saved
him 90% of the labor. But he had a veritable contempt for book
learning & mathematical knowledge, trusting himself entirely to his
inventor's instinct and practical American sense."
—Nikola Tesla

One of Edison's famous quotations about his attempts to make the
light globe suggest that perhaps Tesla was right about Edison's
methods of working: "If I find 10,000 ways something won't work,
I haven't failed. I'm not discouraged, because every wrong attempt
discarded is another step forward."

When Edison was a very old man & close to death, he said, in
looking back, that the biggest mistake he had made was in not
respecting Tesla or his work.
[...]

dav...@agent.com

Jul 3, 2012, 2:06:55 AM7/3/12
"Sharx35" <sha...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>Anyone who INSISTS on working 60-80 hours/week has
>mental health issues. Why are you enabling her?

Doctors routinely work 100-hour weeks!

Sharx35

Jul 3, 2012, 2:30:57 AM7/3/12

<dav...@agent.com> wrote in message
Then they are endangering NOT only THEIR health but that of their
patients. After just one of those weeks, most people suffer a great
loss in ability to make proper decisions, judgments, etc. Never
even mind their ability to pay close attention to detail-oriented
tasks.

groundhog

Jul 3, 2012, 5:29:22 AM7/3/12
Biatches...