Fuck Keep it Real

SDogg506

Jun 2, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/2/96

Alright. I want to say something that has to be said and has probably
been said before, but has been sort of glazed and glossed over. Hip-hop
in all its forms is straight up suffering. Catching blows from all
angles. Too many emcees not enough mics. My biggest complaints in order:

1. Why does every other kid in NY think he can rap. Then comes out with
some bullshit single talking about the same shit that the otha brotha said
yesterday.

2. About bullshit singles--stop using the same fucking samples. I swear if
I hear another rapper use a beat sampled earlier by another rapper I will
fuckin scream. I would be embarassed to use a suped up EPMD beat.

3. I am not pro or con marijuana, but must every rapper talk in every
other verse(some everyother line) about how much they smoke. It has
become some type of addiction along with 40ozs. I know cats that get high
a lot that don't even talk about bud as much as some of these rappers.

4. I'm sick with all these mafiaso types on the east and gangstaz on the
west. Ya'll ain't gangstas!! I live in Detroit and the shit is gettin so
crazy. You got cats shootin cops and smilin about it!! Shorties at that!!
Stop glorifying the shit cuing that rap is contributing, but it sure as
hell ain't helpin either.

5. I am fucking really sick of the crazy materialism pervading hip-hop.
These kids swear they fuckin national sponsors of Versace and Moschino and
TH and etc...
I hate to say this, but as blacks we seem obsessed with these status
symbols of Lexus and Lands. It's crazy when a kid from the PJ's is
driving a fuckin Lex!! We'll sport the fuck out of the latest foreign big
name, but wouldn't even take a second look at some Phat Farm or Kani.
Shit is illa than eva...

6. Is it me or when a rappers such as Pac or Mobb Deep start rapping
about a new drink, the shit becomes the next big thing? Fuck me if we
ain't all some sheep.

7. In a couple of years Hip-hop is gonna be at ground zero again. All
these bullshit ass artists from both coasts are killing the popularity
with mediocrity and bullshit. At a time when the popularity is at an
all-time high we go and start to stagnate. What the fuck happened to 2Pac
and Ice Cube and all these other rap leaders who used to talk about
something that meant something. I applauded Common on a well deserved
phat-ass-accurate DISMISSAL of Cube.

8. Is it me or has R&B become straight up pop music and rap become
straight up R&B.

9. Also you got R&B artists sampling rappers who sampled R&B artists.
Can someone please remember how to play a fucking instrument please and
learn to sing a song and not just about fucking all the time and come up
with something that is more than a damned chorus!!!

10. I love rap or hip-hop or whatever the fuck you want to call it, but
it will not exist in any form I can take if it continues on the current
path. I wish we would stop supporting BS "artists"(and I used the term
reluctantly) who can only rap about brew, bitches and dank, the new
popular "BBD" for the 90's. Are we so full of hopelessness and apathy
that this is all our generation has to offer anybody? So fuck the
amateurs who scream they keep it real. Cuz it ain't. And it is peoples'
refusal to except the reality of our cold world with all the irrational
violence, substance abuse, and sexually transmitted disease stricken
environment that is turning the so-called real into one big joke. I love
my people, but we slippin--fast. The stakes sure is high, you bes beleive
that kid.

D-cipher

Jun 4, 1996, 3:00:00 AM6/4/96

True Indeed my man...while we are fighting each other, and "pissing" on
a nice new thing we created, the Far Right is laughing! Rap will eat
itself if we dont watch it!

Dcipher

Message has been deleted

spk...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2017, 4:42:06 PM8/26/17
Agreed. Wtf happened to real rap like 2pac and biggie??

weare...@gmail.com

Apr 12, 2018, 9:24:21 PM4/12/18
The far right still a thing there's that