Lyrics: Sir Charles' Nike ad

Mike Schmelzer

Aug 13, 1992, 11:26:54 AM8/13/92
Hi all. I missed the controversy/discussion about
the Chuck D and Sir Charles Nike ad.
I don't see any problem with it myself: It's not
like it's malt liquor or cigarettes. Plus also too,
Spike cut his teeth doin' Nike ads, so whydafuck not Chuck?
Finally, that is just one funky ad. Vegas art deco
musical wit' Sir Charles mouthin' Chuck D... Damn!
Everybody's happy and everybody's *paid*. Case closed.

Anyway, the real reason I posted was the lyrix.
Would anybody like to help??

Charles/Chuck:
Throwin 'bows to the jaws to the nose.
Back paid Jack, but the ref give me tax.
I'm openin groooves [that's right, 3 o's] in my black Nike shoes.
No cause for a alarm when I'm thumpin' on.

Chorus:
No cause for alarm when Charles starts boppin'
Sir Charles don't mean no harm.
What was that guy's name again, droppin?

Charles/Chuck:
Fans they boo me
I spit and they sue me
I don't understand why they do this to me.
The league they fine
I get my rent check
eggs and steak even turkey off my plate.

[ I'm doing this from memory and can't remember the middle. HELP!]

Chorus:
...championship ring!

Charles/Chuck:
It's what I want more than anything sing!

Thumping dunkin a bomb dunkin
Donut dunkin and charm school flunkin

My wallet says it pays to be mean
Excuse me but don't I have the cutest smile you ever seen?

--
Mike Schmelzer, m...@genetics.wisc.edu, (608)262-4550
"By the time I'm through in Phoenix, they'll have a Martin Luther King day."

Message has been deleted

tibble...@gmail.com

May 22, 2013, 7:47:07 PM5/22/13
There was a verse in there that I remember from Memory that went something like this:

"Singin' Vegas-style musicals" - (And I remember Charles Barkley in a Tux pretending like he was singing putting his hands out 1 after the other)
Message has been deleted

the7th...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2014, 9:51:27 PM3/26/14

sonciscr...@att.net

I thought it went...

Charles/Chuck:
> Throwin 'bows to the jaws to the nose.
> Back paid Jack, but the ref give me tax. (Not sure about this part, but since I don't know WHAT he actually said...)
> I bump and I bruise in my black Nike shoes.
> No cause for a alarm when I thump an arm.
>
> Chorus:
> No cause for alarm when Charles thumps an arm.
> Sir Charles don't mean no harm.
Charles/Chuck:
Bet the farm!
> Chorus:
(19)84, when Charles started poppin'.
Something-something... you can't stop him!

> Charles/Chuck:
> Fans they boo me
> I spit and they sue me
> I don't understand why they do this to me.
> The league they fine
> I get irate
> taking eggs and steak even turkey off my plate.
> BREAK
"Charles"-"Charles"-"Charles"
> Charles/Chuck:
Oh, yeah!
"Charles"-"Charles"-"Charles"
> Charles/Chuck:
Come on!
BACKGROUND SINGERS
Selling books, and bustin' crooks!
> Charles/Chuck:
And singin' Vegas style musical hooks!
BACKGROUND SINGERS
And busting heads over championship... RINGS!
> Charles/Chuck:
Is what I love more than anything... SING!
BACKING SINGERS
> Thumping dunkin a bomb dunkin
> Donut dunkin and charm school flunkin
>
> My wallet (I thought it was 'pocket') says it pays to be mean

elvisate...@gmail.com

Nov 8, 2015, 5:44:40 AM11/8/15
Charles/Chuck:

Throwin' 'bows to the jaws to the nose
Fat pay checks but the refs give me techs
I bump and I bruise in the black Nike shoes
No cause for alarm when I'm thumpin' on

Chorus:

No cause for alarm when Charles' thumpin' on
Sir Charles don't mean no harm
84's when Charles started poppin'
Forwards that drive, they began droppin'

Charles/Chuck:

Fans they boo me, I spit and they sue me
I don't understand why they do this to me
The league they fine, I get irate
Takin' eggs and steak maybe turkey off my plate
Oh, yeah
Come on

Chorus:

Sellin' books and watchin' (?)

Charles/Chuck:

And singin' Vegas-style musical hooks

Chorus:

And bumping heads for a championship ring

Charles/Chuck:

It's what I love more than anything -- sing!

Bumpin' thumpin' a-bomb dunkin'
Donut dunkin' and charm school flunkin'
My pocket says it pays to be mean