Is it worth it?

Edward Sample

Nov 24, 1993, 12:40:36 AM11/24/93
What's up G's? I just bought the Snoop Doggy Dogg CD a little while ago
and thought that it was preety fly. Ya know, it has alot of tracks that
sound DAMN good when you're rollin' through the streets. But that's not
the point. While I was there, I saw the new MC Ren Cd. I was going to
buy it, but I've only heard 1 song from it and wasn't going to spend
$12.99 on something I've never heard. So my question is it worth the
money?

Peace.

/-- / I\ I I--- / / I--- /!
/-- / I \ I I- \ \ I- !
The Ace of Spades. / / I \I I--- / / I--- !!!

----------------------------/-/-/-/-/--/-------------------------------------
"Integration was the worst thing to happen to black people."
- Judge MaryEllen Hicks
2nd District Court of Appeals
Tarrant County, Texas
---------------------------/-/-/-/-/--/--------------------------------------

Ian THE ARM Whitney

Nov 24, 1993, 1:43:05 AM11/24/93
In article <1993Nov24.0...@seas.smu.edu>, esa...@seas.smu.edu (Edward Sample) writes:
> What's up G's? I just bought the Snoop Doggy Dogg CD a little while ago
> and thought that it was preety fly. Ya know, it has alot of tracks that
> sound DAMN good when you're rollin' through the streets. But that's not
> the point. While I was there, I saw the new MC Ren Cd. I was going to
> buy it, but I've only heard 1 song from it and wasn't going to spend
> $12.99 on something I've never heard. So my question is it worth the
> money?
I bought Ren last week. I don't know if it'w worth it for CD, but it's not a
bad tape purchase. I thought the 1st side was REAL weak when I heard it the
first time, but my opinions are changing as I listen to it more. The second
side I liked. It's pretty hard, a little more political than the Ren that I'm
used to & doesn't have weak ass tracks like "You wanna Fuck her" which BITES,
real hard.
Overall, good. It does sound a bit like "The Chronic" but what doesn't seem to
these days (-*

***********************************
*Practice Random Acts Of Violence * /--\ *bonk*
|| And || / ________
* Sensless Anger * / / _ _ \
*********************************** / /| /.\/.\ |
/ / | \_/\_/ |
Ian Whitney | | | ^^ |
Iwhi...@macalstr.edu \__/ | \____/ |
bla...@mindvox.phantom.com ^ \________/

No, I don't know what this object is.
But I'm willing to take suggestions.

David Chung

Nov 24, 1993, 5:33:26 PM11/24/93
esa...@seas.smu.edu (Edward Sample) writes:

>What's up G's? I just bought the Snoop Doggy Dogg CD a little while ago
>and thought that it was preety fly. Ya know, it has alot of tracks that
>sound DAMN good when you're rollin' through the streets. But that's not
>the point. While I was there, I saw the new MC Ren Cd. I was going to
>buy it, but I've only heard 1 song from it and wasn't going to spend
>$12.99 on something I've never heard. So my question is it worth the
>money?

I agree with your comment on Doggystyle. Sure it's like "The Chronic", but at
the same time, it's different. Hella-funky.

You know what to expect from Ren. If you're already a fan, you won't be
dissapointed.

>Peace.

>The Ace of Spades. / / I \I I--- / / I--- !!!

>"Integration was the worst thing to happen to black people."
> - Judge MaryEllen Hicks
> 2nd District Court of Appeals
> Tarrant County, Texas

DCcreep