eMpTyV lyrics

juon...@bvc.edu

May 28, 1993, 9:33:22 PM5/28/93
The revolution will not be televised
This is something y'all didn't realize
Ice Cube already told ya turn off the radio
Now don't be a ho yo turn off that video
Show, it's on eMpTyV with Snow
That punk bullshit's gotta go gotta go
It's time to see that eMpTyV
Was never meant for you or me
The first black video was Michael Jackson?
Back then we shoulda sent them packin
Even then you could tell they were jackers
Straight crackers that need to be crunched
So pass the saltines as I munch
And now you'll see what I mean
As I eat this punks for lunch, so listen
They claim to have brought hip-hop to the nation
But Run-D.M.C. was already in for the duration
Are you ready for this revelation?
We owe not one damn bit of reperations
To eMpTyV and this I know
Look how they censor our videos
This white pig can smoke a blunt
Drive a five-oh and beat up brothers
But the black mack gets stuck in the back
Because all of his words they got covered
You think I'm frontin? Stick around
Cause eMpTyV is going down

All these country songs are so weak
Yet we're sitting with a paddle and no creak
In other words were up one, but look around
Cause we're gonna get cha when we reach ground
Here the sound of the bass pound and feel
The static from the record as I pack the automatic
Not normally violent but like Calvin on Roc
I do what has to be done with my glock
So like KRS-One said, suckers Duck Down
Put your face to the ground don't make a fuckin sound
We're hijacking your televison tower
And now it's broadcasting hip-hop power
Twenty-Four Seven nothing but rap
It's time we put the shit on the map
Because Randy Travis is a bunch of bull crap
And I wanna puke when I see Clint Black
But back to my point, there's one thing I like
Doc Dre and Ed Lover on the one and two
Cause they sure nuff know just what to do
And Fab Five Freddy on the mic
But you keep rescheduling the show
So we don't know where to go
Consequently the ratings get low
Then you cut back hours, now that's a low-blow
Believe me it's happening, just watch and see
Cause this is why I hate eMpTyV

I'm not gonna have a video song
Cause all my jams are pure and hardcore
I'd have to reqrite my words and that's wrong
So fuck that damn eMpTyV whore
Just like Dre or Ren would shout
That's one less bitch I gotta worry about
If you suck up too her just grow a snout
Cause Hammer tried it, and where's his clout?
He's got nothing and now he's broke
Everybody knows that he was a joke
Appearing in videos with fire and smoke
But that don't even fool white folks
Most of them honestly don't like rap
Except the young and the smart know where it's at
But even Billy Ray Cyrus could see through crap
That is if I hadn't shot my gat
Right through his achey breaky heart
Just remember I rip motherfuckers apart
WHo try to take Ice Cube off the charts
My revenge is just a start
It's a national campaaign goin live
You'll see me with a forty-five
Shooting holes through my TV
Cause the bullshit is finally bothering me
So fuck radio, country, and you will see
The plug pulled on eMfuckinTyV

PEace to my producer DJ Tagline
And I'm out like Clinton in '96. C-ya!

tri...@gmail.com