Ice Cube and the artist formerly known as King Sun

Joseph Hin-bun Mak

Mar 21, 1995, 10:53:53 PM3/21/95
Jeweler Sun-Dulah (aka King Sun) has a long time grievance
directed at Ice Cube and has a new EP out entitled Strictly
Ghetto. If any y'all can hook me up with the 411 on the dispute
and how the new album is, it's much appreciated...

Guerilla #187
j-MAK

ad...@sirius.com

Mar 22, 1995, 2:44:02 PM3/22/95
In article <3ko70h$3...@ds2.acs.ucalgary.ca>, jhb...@acs.ucalgary.ca (Joseph
Hin-bun Mak) wrote:

Thanx for the tip on KING SUN's new name. I have always dug on his style.

HERE'S THE BEEF

1. back when CUBE was fueding with what was left of NWA , he got jumped by
ABOVE THE LAW at the New Music Seminar (1991?). KING SUN slanged his dogs
and helped Cube out the jam and they was tight ever since.

2. KING SUN got let out of his contract with Profile records (early 1992
Ithink). SUN is contractless but him a Cube are still tight and they keep
in contact.

3. Supposedly SUN BORN keeps CUBE up to date on his musical creations with
the hopes that Cube can help him get a deal thru LenchMob or Priority...
One of Sun's songs supposedly bears a GREAT resemblance to 'Wicked' from
The Predator lp.

4. After the release of Wicked KING SUN is mildly perturbed (actually he
was pissed but I have to justify my purchase of this Thesaurus) and
confronted Cube during a show this past spring. No blows were exchanged but
KING SUN has declared war on Cube.

I cant wait to hear the ep...sumpn tells me it will take SUN BORN ALLAH to
a new level of respect.

I hope this helped

| No I'm not a God but my WORD IS BOND |
|From Chicago To Oakland...My World is THE GHETTO|
| Jabari Adisa 8{> |
| ad...@sirius.com |
|________________________________________________|

00cefr...@bsuvc.bsu.edu

Mar 23, 1995, 11:39:20 AM3/23/95

the dispute started over Cube supposedly using the "Wicked" reggae sample
Don Jagua (excuse the spelling) because he said he had a song that was going to
feature that...before that they were tight....check out the source the
wrote about it a few months back

Charles Jordan

Mar 29, 1995, 3:42:46 AM3/29/95

I have never heard of king sun but by declaring war on ICE CUBE is not a
very wise thing to do. He is one of the best rappers of all time and he
will just come out with something that will make Dollars and Sense
[djquick] look like a conversation between two old friends...

Cube is notorious for getting people back that dis em.. With his
exposure and talent the revenge will e sweet...

So king Sun better watch out..

Message has been deleted

spiro...@gmail.com

Jan 3, 2014, 6:13:41 PM1/3/14
Τη Τετάρτη, 22 Μαρτίου 1995 5:53:53 π.μ. UTC+2, ο χρήστης Joseph Hin-bun Mak έγραψε:
;)

akill.ja...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2015, 10:38:42 PM6/10/15
King Sun better watch out? Ha! You really don't know who King Sun is do you?

lenx...@gmail.com

Aug 29, 2016, 3:07:59 AM8/29/16
Fuck king sun, he sucks shit...

ICE CUBE IS THE BEST

david...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2017, 6:02:16 PM2/23/17
UNLIKE ICE CUBE....KING SUN IS AN ACTUAL "STREET DUDE" AND CAN KICK ANY RAPPER'S ASS THAT EVER LIVED. ASK 2 PAC ABOUT KING SUN....

david...@gmail.com

Feb 23, 2017, 6:03:21 PM2/23/17
On Monday, August 29, 2016 at 3:07:59 AM UTC-4, lenx...@gmail.com wrote:
> Fuck king sun, he sucks shit...
>
> ICE CUBE IS THE BEST

you don't fucking know hip hop, ASS CLOWN!
KING SUN IS A REAL STREET DUDE...Unlike O'Shea who is from the suburbs and NOT from Compton!!

jcru...@gmail.com

Mar 7, 2017, 11:15:33 PM3/7/17
Facts!!^^^^^^

lkirika...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2017, 4:39:29 PM8/22/17
But King Sun was gay for making the song of him sucking dick. Ice Cube was from the south central projects. The fuck you on about nigga

dunzcap...@gmail.com

Sep 1, 2017, 9:31:52 PM9/1/17
On Tuesday, March 21, 1995 at 11:53:53 PM UTC-4, Joseph Hin-bun Mak wrote:
KING SUN IS THE OG GOD BODY AKA BIG TROUBLE IRON HAND CLAN MASTER AND MY BIG BROTHER. #sTUPIDrICHdUNZmEN

tyronety...@gmail.com

Aug 6, 2018, 7:48:17 PM8/6/18
Let them know!!! 2Pac never responded to King Sun disses. he clowned Biggie and predicted Africa Bambara Molestation s

msbeat...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2019, 1:56:20 AM1/12/19
To my knowledge King Sun is still out there in the West Coast in Watts, of all places. "WATTS UP" with THE GODS, and THE BIRDS OF PREY down on Grape Street and Wilmington, on the Green Line doing his numbers. Also, The God has been seen repping Forty-Crips, Neighborhood Youngsters on Crenshaw and Expo..... California Love!!

igotdiamondsonm...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2019, 11:05:33 PM1/12/19
guys yung lean is better than all these old school rappers come on

lkirika...@gmail.com

Feb 4, 2019, 7:38:43 PM2/4/19
#whoiskingsun

jkah...@gmail.com

Mar 19, 2019, 6:43:49 PM3/19/19
On Saturday, January 12, 2019 at 1:56:20 AM UTC-5, msbeat...@gmail.com wrote:
> To my knowledge King Sun is still out there in the West Coast in Watts, of all places. "WATTS UP" with THE GODS, and THE BIRDS OF PREY down on Grape Street and Wilmington, on the Green Line doing his numbers. Also, The God has been seen repping Forty-Crips, Neighborhood Youngsters on Crenshaw and Expo..... California Love!!

LAMOOO yall done revived this OG thread hahah

majin...@gmail.com

May 29, 2019, 2:47:01 PM5/29/19
Can’t believe this thread was made the day I was born

ogarrod...@gmail.com

Jun 23, 2019, 9:10:23 PM6/23/19
Damn this thread was made a month before my 8th bday I just turned 32 a couple months ago!...😂💯

isworld...@gmail.com

Mar 31, 2020, 3:24:29 PM3/31/20
shit... this might be the oldest living thread in the web. I had to put my mark on it. sun been solid. never seen lackin