***MOST OVERRATED RAPPERS TO DATE***

Victor M. Freytas

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever. It
may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers get
the props and which ones don't deserve shit!

Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)
Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")
Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)
Notorious B.I.G.
Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)
Da (Wannabe) Brat
Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)
Gravediggas (includes RZA)
The Dogg Pound
Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

Out,
Victor/PRSoul--the New Yorican Wonder
vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu

SKAte trash

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95

> Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)

Agree!

> Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")

Damn Skippy!

> Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)

"What's Wack, What's Wack, what's W-c-a-k, WHat's Wack

> Notorious B.I.G.

I have mixed feelings on Biggie

> Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)

I have never laughed as hard at one group of people as I have these guys.

> Da (Wannabe) Brat

What, are you crazy? Jermaine Dupri is the BOMB! (read with dripping
sarcasm)

> Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)

I really think meth is great, ODB is retarded, but in a funny way.

> Gravediggas (includes RZA)

Cannot DIS PRINCE PAUL. Those who do will be promptly gaffled.

> The Dogg Pound

Damn straight.

> Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
> Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

I dunno, Buckshot is getting up to Diety status, so I cn't say anything.

This was a really good list (for the most part), I also fell that Shaq
should be here. How the hell did he go platinum twice? Didn't everyone
get it the first time????????

Attle (this was a really pointless post. sorry)

Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E.

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Victor M. Freytas) writes:
> Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
> doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever. It
> may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers get
> the props and which ones don't deserve shit!
>
> Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)

Overrated, perhaps, but even his most tired beats still cream the fuck out
of every single demo tape I've ever heard. You notice that when "The
Chronic" dropped in Dec of '92 and it was on the low, everybody was giving
him mad respect for the production. Then when it blew up on the crossover,
what happened? Fuck all y'all jealous ass hoes, Dre still makes tight shit.

> Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")

Snoop deserves this tag more than Dre, but I don't think he's lost yet. He
needs to come back with some more of that "Chronic" and "Deep Cover" shit.

> Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)

Now this fool wasn't even dope from day one. His best songs ("You Don't
See") sound like Dre throwaways, and his rhymes are butt. Hey Warren,
what's N-X-E-T? You shoulda remained Dre's DJ, that at least was cool.

> Notorious B.I.G.

What? He is overexposed, and I generally have gotten long since sick of
anybody who does Beach MTV type shit... but B.I.G. is not overrated, and if
anything all his blowing up makes up for the years of rocking on the down
low (Uptown remixes and posse jams). This man paid dues and he rocks the
mic with authority every time.

> Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)

Arguable... they have a west coast producer (or should I say had) but their
flow is not your typical CA banger. Comparison's to either end of the
spectrum (Snoop or South Central Cartel) simply don't add up.

> Da (Wannabe) Brat

Whiddack. She can flow but she needs to stay off Snoop's dick.

> Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)

> Gravediggas (includes RZA)

Now you didn't just go there...
Wu-Tang is definitely overexposed, but that doesn't make them wack. My
only criticism is that the first motherfucker with a solo album should have
been The Genius.

> The Dogg Pound

I don't know dog... they got better rhymes than Snoop and if Dre hooks up
some tight beats for their album it's on. After all, how can you not love
a guy who says, "Rakim, that's my idol, and he never joked so why the fuck
should I loc?" (Daz)

> Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
> Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

Again, I can understand _why_ you went there, but you didn't need to.
Buckshot has mad originality in style and flow compared to so many other
weak MC's. I think Buckshot opened the door for Smif-n-Wessun the way
Snoop opened the door for the Dogg Pound... both have better rhymes but the
masters still have the credentials.

* Steve 'Flash' Juon * Funkmaster Flex and the Ghetto Celebs --- Ol Dirty *
* Box 2419, BVC * "...I love rap, and rap loves me..." Bastard *
* 610 W 4th St * *
* Storm Lake, IA 50588 * HC^3 WWW="http://library.uncc.edu/people/chris/" *

98% Funky Stuff

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
Hammer.

--
ben "Pain looks great on other people-
bwil...@cc.swarthmore.edu that's what they're for."

Brendan Mceachern - JOUR/F94

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
Victor M. Freytas (vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu) wrote:

: Dre (lip gloss wearin bitcbh....got no respect for this music)
agreed

: Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")
ONce again, you're on point

: Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)
I don't think I ever heard anything more stupid than that n-x-e-t shit

: Notorious B.I.G.
Personally, I don't see the big deal with him, he's not all that

: Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)
: Da (Wannabe) Brat
Da Brat is on Deathrow's nuts so much, you'd think she was a squirrel

: Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)
Meth can flow, I like him, but ODB is no big deal

: Gravediggas (includes RZA)
Like my man said, don't dis Prince Paul

: The Dogg Pound
Same as Snoop and Dre

: Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")

: Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

I kind of like these two groups, Buckshot has skillz

Brendan McEachern
School of Journalism "If you can't stand up for something,
Ryerson Polytechnic University you'll fall for anything."
Toronto, CANADA -Chuck D
bmce...@acs.ryerson.ca

aaron stigberg

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95
In article <3n3l2s$16...@hermes.acs.ryerson.ca>,

Brendan Mceachern - JOUR/F94 <bmce...@acs.ryerson.ca> wrote:

>: Notorious B.I.G.
>Personally, I don't see the big deal with him, he's not all that

It's that you can understand what the hell he's saying and most of the time
it's fairly clever. Fast, dense lyricists are hard to sing along with. That's
why you got all these west coast MARKS blowing up cause it takes no kind of
attention span to understand they lyrics. I don't understand why no one has
touche d on this? He said it in interviews before.
--
"Always and forever, forever and always attack.
I bring flavor to your ear like Craig Mack."

Patrick O. Person

Apr 19, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/19/95

On 20 Apr 1995, Peter Gardner wrote:

> Not in any order:
> 6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)

I really must disagree. Casual is highly overlooked. Everyone says
Souls and the Heiro crew but do not really mean all of them. They just
know there is a click. I think Casual is underraterd as well as Del the
Heiro founder.

Patrick O. Person - "THE MAN" Quote: If you do not know
UDEL EECIS Visiting System Administrator read a manual page
Email: per...@owl.eecis.udel.edu or
per...@coeris.coppin.umd.edu Music is Love!!!
Pat's World is http://www.cldc.howard.edu/~person

Marpessa Kupendua

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In <3n4hkq$p...@stud.Direct.CA> Peter Gardner <pgar...@Direct.CA> writes:

>Not in any order:
>1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
>2.)Nine
>3.)Warren G
>4.)Tupac
>5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
>5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)

>6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)
>

>P.S. Buckshot overated?? More like underated!

I respectfully but STRONGLY disagree with 4., 5., and 5. I'm curious
to know why you think they are overrated, especially the master poet
(in my opinion) Chuck D!

Sis.

Peter Gardner

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95

Peter Gardner

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
SKAte trash reminded me...I forgot Shaq!
-F.L.G.

Khari Asim Grant

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu writes:
> Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
> doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever. It
> may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers get
> the props and which ones don't deserve shit!
>
> Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)

oh yes.

> Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")

'bout time someone said it. he's had too much play for too
long.

> Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)

he's the worst.

> Notorious B.I.G.

crazy mixed feelings on that one. he's a some shit to say,
it's just that they play his shit way too much for taste, and
i'm from brooklyn.

> Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)

'nuff said.

> Da (Wannabe) Brat

yes, but she's kind of cute.

> Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)

you're playing yourself lovely. that first album is classic.
meth's shit is phat as hell. odb still has a ways to go before
he impress's me again.

> Gravediggas (includes RZA)

for the most part yes.

> The Dogg Pound

of course.

> Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
> Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

now you've crossed the line. there is no way you can put dr.
dre, snoop, thugs, da brat and ANYONE from the bootcamp click
in the same category. you were doing fine until now, besides,
how can you leave out naughty (there latest shit sucks). flame
me all you want for that one, it's only true. i'll never buy
another shitty naughty album.

peace nappy.

dh1
bklyn representin' with flava

Brian Kirk Chambers

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
WU TANG CLAN overrated!!!!!!!!!

whaaaat ... I don't know what you like out there now a days
but the Wu is the phattest joint since I don't know what.
I don't think you'll find a group wit so much mad skillz.
Son you are just way off on that one.
Next time you listen to 36 Chambers clean out yo ears first, huh?

--
"...and I'm sayin' though what is what when I can't even get comfortable
in my own crib when the Supreme Court is like all up in my uterus!"

jon madison

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
to vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
biggie smalls. & he has zero skills.

j.
--
jon madison, se--.
work: j...@indianapolis.sgi.com

Roderick Martin Bailey

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In <1995Apr19.1...@bvc.edu> juonst...@bvc.edu (Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E.) writes:

>In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Victor M. Freytas) writes:

>> Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
>> Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

>Again, I can understand _why_ you went there, but you didn't need to.

>Buckshot has mad originality in style and flow compared to so many other
>weak MC's. I think Buckshot opened the door for Smif-n-Wessun the way
>Snoop opened the door for the Dogg Pound... both have better rhymes but the
>masters still have the credentials.

Do you really think that Smif'n'Wessun are better than buckshot? I found
their album boring all due to their vocals, while I love buckshot's
delivery (especially newer releases).

I don't think Tek or Steele can touch Buckshot. And I notice other MC's
starting to be influenced by Buckshot, like perhaps the Cella Dwellas?

Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E.

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In article <3n66rj$7...@canopus.cc.umanitoba.ca>, umba...@cc.umanitoba.ca (Roderick Martin Bailey) writes:
> In <1995Apr19.1...@bvc.edu> juonst...@bvc.edu (Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E.) writes:
>
>>In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Victor M. Freytas) writes:
>

>>> Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
>>> Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)
>
>>Again, I can understand _why_ you went there, but you didn't need to.
>>Buckshot has mad originality in style and flow compared to so many other
>>weak MC's. I think Buckshot opened the door for Smif-n-Wessun the way
>>Snoop opened the door for the Dogg Pound... both have better rhymes but the
>>masters still have the credentials.
>

> Do you really think that Smif'n'Wessun are better than buckshot? I found
> their album boring all due to their vocals, while I love buckshot's
> delivery (especially newer releases).

I think they are better lyrically, but notice I said that Buckshot has "mad
originality in his style and flow". Obviously when Guru said it was
"Mostly Tha Voice", he was talking about Buckshot ;>

> I don't think Tek or Steele can touch Buckshot. And I notice other MC's
> starting to be influenced by Buckshot, like perhaps the Cella Dwellas?

I think they both have "skills up the kulu", as Nine would say, but I agree
that they and a lot of other MC's these days were all influenced by Buckshot.

Barry Johnson

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In article <1995Apr19.1...@bvc.edu>,

Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E. <juonst...@bvc.edu> wrote:
>In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
(Victor M. Freytas) writes:
>> Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
>> doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever. It
>> may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers get
>> the props and which ones don't deserve shit!
>>
>> Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)
>
>Overrated, perhaps, but even his most tired beats still cream the fuck out
>of every single demo tape I've ever heard. You notice that when "The
>Chronic" dropped in Dec of '92 and it was on the low, everybody was giving
>him mad respect for the production. Then when it blew up on the crossover,
>what happened? Fuck all y'all jealous ass hoes, Dre still makes tight shit.

Could be that back in Dec '92 the shit was fairly new, but it's the '95
now and maybe people are just tired of hearin the same ol shit.

G Funk as a whole has gotten WAY too much play, and it's time to kill
that shit.

I'm still down with "The Chronic", but fuck if you'll catch me listening
to that Ring Ding Bell shit or whatever the hell it's called. Sounds
like he did something with the high-pitch whine, made it sound more
like some Doctor Who type shit (listen to it if you don't believe me).
--
To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient
solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection. - H. Poincar‚

Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E.

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In article <3n6kpp$5...@clark.net>, b...@clark.net (Barry Johnson) writes:
> In article <1995Apr19.1...@bvc.edu>,
> Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E. <juonst...@bvc.edu> wrote:
>>In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
> (Victor M. Freytas) writes:
>>> Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
>>> doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever. It
>>> may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers get
>>> the props and which ones don't deserve shit!
>>>
>>> Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)
>>
>>Overrated, perhaps, but even his most tired beats still cream the fuck out
>>of every single demo tape I've ever heard. You notice that when "The
>>Chronic" dropped in Dec of '92 and it was on the low, everybody was giving
>>him mad respect for the production. Then when it blew up on the crossover,
>>what happened? Fuck all y'all jealous ass hoes, Dre still makes tight shit.
>
> Could be that back in Dec '92 the shit was fairly new, but it's the '95
> now and maybe people are just tired of hearin the same ol shit.
>
> G Funk as a whole has gotten WAY too much play, and it's time to kill
> that shit.
>
> I'm still down with "The Chronic", but fuck if you'll catch me listening
> to that Ring Ding Bell shit or whatever the hell it's called. Sounds
> like he did something with the high-pitch whine, made it sound more
> like some Doctor Who type shit (listen to it if you don't believe me).

I'm not arguing that G-Funk has long since been overexposed and overabused.
I'm even prepared to admit Dre has made some shit I wasn't really hyped
about (a lot of Snoop's album, in fact). But Dre still continues to evolve
as a producer... can you honestly call "Natural Born Killaz" or "Keep Their
Headz Ringin" anything like what he did on The Chronic? The latter,
_maybe_... the former, _impossible_.

I think we should wait until Rage, Dogg Pound, or Dre and Cube drop their
albums... if he can't come up with the bomb shit for any of em then we'll
truly know Dre is played.

dcli...@wimsey.com

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In article <3n4hkq$p...@stud.Direct.CA>, Peter Gardner <pgar...@Direct.CA>
wrote:

> Not in any order:
> 1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
> 2.)Nine
> 3.)Warren G
> 4.)Tupac
> 5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
> 5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)
> 6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)

Why is 2Pac, Chuck D, Flava Flav & Cube there... I think Cube my sometimes
be a bit over-rated, but none of the others (well maybe Flava Flav... a
bit)... Could you explain?

Carl Linder

Tommy K.

Apr 20, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/20/95
In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu (Victor M. Freytas) says:

>Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
>doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever. It
>may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers get
>the props and which ones don't deserve shit!
>
>Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)
>Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")
>Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)
>Notorious B.I.G.

>Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)
>Da (Wannabe) Brat

>Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)
>Gravediggas (includes RZA)
>The Dogg Pound
>Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or "Bucktown")
>Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

Yo, you need to get slapped for listing some of the names you got down
here! Wu-Tang came off totally original, and you need check Buckshot's
ryhmes over my man. When Smif-N-Wesson dropped Bucktown, Headz all
around were bobin' there domes to that shit.

The most slept on rappers list you got. I don't hnow what that's all
about. Every true Head I know already has those albums.

Barry Johnson

Apr 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/21/95
In article <1995Apr20.1...@bvc.edu>,

Flash, founder and editor of HardC.O.R.E. <juonst...@bvc.edu> wrote:

>I'm not arguing that G-Funk has long since been overexposed and overabused.
>I'm even prepared to admit Dre has made some shit I wasn't really hyped
>about (a lot of Snoop's album, in fact). But Dre still continues to evolve
>as a producer... can you honestly call "Natural Born Killaz" or "Keep Their
>Headz Ringin" anything like what he did on The Chronic? The latter,
>_maybe_... the former, _impossible_.
>
>I think we should wait until Rage, Dogg Pound, or Dre and Cube drop their
>albums... if he can't come up with the bomb shit for any of em then we'll
>truly know Dre is played.

I'll agree that his last couple of tracks have been a little off the
beaten path for him, unfortunately I didn't like either of those tracks.
But that's not any reflection on Dre, that's my own personal shit. So
I'll roll wit you on the last part and wait to see what he comes up with.

But I don't know if ANYTHING can make me listen to *Rage*.

Gary Everling

Apr 21, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/21/95
I havta thro Rappin 4-Tay into the batch. He had one hit (Playaz Club) and
everybody jumped on his nutz. He's got no flow, no beats, no equipment (his
album sounds like it was recorded in a bathroom). Have you heard his new
single, I'll Be Around ? W-A-C-K !!!! Check out that's fools hair do !!
HAHAHAHHAHAHA !!!

G-Bone

San Jose Ca. in da hizouse !!

Ever...@tc.pw.com

Curtis Evans

Apr 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/24/95

>>Again, I can understand _why_ you went there, but you didn't need to.
>>Buckshot has mad originality in style and flow compared to so many other
>>weak MC's. I think Buckshot opened the door for Smif-n-Wessun the way
>>Snoop opened the door for the Dogg Pound... both have better rhymes but the
>>masters still have the credentials.
>

>Do you really think that Smif'n'Wessun are better than buckshot? I found
>their album boring all due to their vocals, while I love buckshot's
>delivery (especially newer releases).
>
>I don't think Tek or Steele can touch Buckshot. And I notice other MC's .....

I agree also, but as a group (duo), they compliment each other very well. The
song I think of the most is "Let's Get It On!", where there is just mad flow
between the two of them.
--
- curtis@majik35 -

Kwame Nobi Ayer

Apr 24, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/24/95
How the hell ya bamas gonna dis Chuck D after Bumrush the Show
, It takes a nation of millions, (and Fear of a Black Planet).
Chuck has skills. Sure I wouldn't touch his new stuff but just
listen to the lyrics he wrote back in the day. (Same goes for
big daddy kane i hate his new shit but i still respect raw,
symphony, mortal kombat, young gifted & black,etc). If you
aint into hip-hop (and you can't truly be without recognizing
Chuck's lyrical and political contribution) then shut the fuck
up.

MR ED PRINCE

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95
In article <3n4hkq$p...@stud.Direct.CA> Peter Gardner <pgar...@Direct.CA> writes:
>From: Peter Gardner <pgar...@Direct.CA>
>Subject: Re: ***MOST OVERRATED RAPPERS TO DATE***
>Date: 20 Apr 1995 02:41:30 GMT

>Not in any order:
>1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
>2.)Nine
>3.)Warren G
>4.)Tupac
>5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
>5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)
>6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)

Hey no ways can you be dissin Chuck D like that. The hard voice and all is
dope y'all. He may not flow like the mississippi but he sho' nuff got a
voice to go with the PE beats that Shocklee and Co. produce. Also I don't
think Ice Cube deserves to be there. If anything the people who I really
think can't rap are Flavor Flav and Eazy-E. They can't take that wiggedy
wack stuff they call rhyme to the sto'!

Peace I'm audi
E-Mac

Eric Barber

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95
In <3n49m1$c...@phase.helix.net> to...@helix.net (Tommy K.) writes:

>In article <3n3bq7$8...@news.cc.ucf.edu>, vf4...@pegasus.cc.ucf.edu
(Victor M. Freytas) says:

>>Boy, this is such an easy topic! Just cuz a rapper made this list
>>doesn't necessarily mean that they don't have any skills whatsoever.
It
>>may apply to some, but the TRUE hip-hop heads will know which rappers
get
>>the props and which ones don't deserve shit!
>>
>>Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)
>>Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")
>>Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)
>>Notorious B.I.G.
>>Bone Thugs and Harmony (Wannabe West Coast)
>>Da (Wannabe) Brat
>>Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)
>>Gravediggas (includes RZA)
>>The Dogg Pound
>>Black Moon (Buckshot can't rhyme w/o sayin "shit iz real" or
"Bucktown")
>>Smif N Wessun (see Black Moon)

HEY MAN YOU GOT THE RIGHT IDEA. THE FIRST FOUR GUYS UP THERE ARE
COMPLETE FOOLS. BONE HAS COMMERCIAL VALUE BUT WHEN IT COMES TO RAP THAT
DON'T MEAN SHIT. BLACK MOON SUCKS A PHAT DILZNIK, I BOUGHT THEIR FIRST
ALBUM AND THREW IT AWAY, CAUSE IT WAS SO WACK. WU TANG IS O.K. BUT
METHOD MAN DOESN'T HAVE ENOUGH TALENT TO MAKE A MAXI SINGLE LET ALONE
AN ENTIRE ALBUM. THE BEST RAPPER OUT RIGHT NOW IS A GUY FROM DETRIOT
HIS NAME IS ESHAM AND HE MAKES EVERY RAPPER ALIVE LOOK LIKE A FOOL.
EVERYBODY NEEDS TO CHECK HIM OUT, FOR REAL DOE.

Geoffrey D Moorer

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95
[...]

Man you are high as a junkie with a hundred dollar habit!!! So full of
shit that you need Exlax. How could you call Blackmoon overrated?!?!?
Buckshot has one of the tighest, versatile, not to mention innovative
flows in the industry tody. It aint like Blackmoon when't platinum, or
even gold. With all these no talent ass gimmick rappers on the market
today getting props. If anythiing they don't get the props they deserve.
Just check out Enta da Stage and some of their remixes.

Peace
Big Geoff from the Burgh!!!

Nimbus Couzin

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95
In article <g94p5293.2...@giraffe.ru.ac.za>,

I'd never put down greats like Cube and Chuck and Flav and even Tupac
on an overrated list. I mean Chuck and Cube are up there among the
best of all time freshest raps, not to mention creative. Flav isn't
a pure rapper, but his place has always been as a contrast, a foil,
to Chuck, and Flav is incredibly talented - able to play nine instruments
or somethin'..

Of course, I'm sure some people out there think vanilla ice is the
best of all time, so who can argue with opinions. But I know I'm
right and 'yer wrong..

nimbus

TERRENCE ADAMS

Apr 25, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/25/95
In article <D7K2...@ncrcae.ColumbiaSC.ATTGIS.COM>, cur...@majik35.ColumbiaSC.ATTGIS.COM (Curtis Evans) says:

>>Do you really think that Smif'n'Wessun are better than buckshot? I found
>>their album boring all due to their vocals, while I love buckshot's
>>delivery (especially newer releases).

>I agree also, but as a group (duo), they compliment each other very well. The
>song I think of the most is "Let's Get It On!", where there is just mad flow
>between the two of them.
>--
>- curtis@majik35 -

Why are people loving buckshot's snoop flow. Sing song has got to go. The
tracks would sound much better if he would come back to the real style.
I don't mind the new flow, but anyone can get with it. The fans down since
who got da props know. Tek and steele have to stay together. And as far
as lyrical content goes, i'm giving the nod to them. Topical rhymes are
always better than freestyle rhymes. Most people tend to remember the
stories that have been kicked as compared metaphors that were clever.
when they were here in austin they told me heltah skeltah was supposed to
be the next out of clique. Exactly who is in heltah skeltah? Strange,
top dog, ruck, big roc ?

kari orr
looks like the work of a master. master killer - chess boxin

Ben Verlinde

Apr 27, 1995, 3:00:00 AM4/27/95
Peter Gardner (pgar...@Direct.CA) wrote:
: Not in any order:

: 1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
: 2.)Nine
: 3.)Warren G
: 4.)Tupac
: 5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
: 5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)
: 6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)

: P.S. Buckshot overated?? More like underated!

Casual -- he might be a good freestyler, but...WHAT?
There is no way he is overated. He fucked up Saafir -- "the
saucee nomad can't keep a beat / yeah we know that " He and Hiero
deserved to be crowned undisputed champs of that battle. Mike T was the
only kid from the Hobo camp who had any freestyling skills whatsoever,
and he got fucked up by Pep Love.

Also Nine's flow may be corny and annoying as hell, but "everbody
wan heaven" is straight butta

Peace
Bernard

Markus Georgiou

May 2, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/2/95
Peter Gardner (pgar...@Direct.CA) wrote:
: Not in any order:
: 1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
: 2.)Nine
: 3.)Warren G
: 4.)Tupac
: 5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
: 5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)
: 6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)

: P.S. Buckshot overated?? More like underated!

what??? Chuck D and Flava Flav overrated?? gimme a break

Da Rat

Marc Reid (EC)

May 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/3/95
In article <g94p5293.2...@giraffe.ru.ac.za> g94p...@giraffe.ru.ac.za (MR ED PRINCE) writes:
>In article <3n4hkq$p...@stud.Direct.CA> Peter Gardner <pgar...@Direct.CA> writes:
>>From: Peter Gardner <pgar...@Direct.CA>
>>Subject: Re: ***MOST OVERRATED RAPPERS TO DATE***
>>Date: 20 Apr 1995 02:41:30 GMT
>
>>Not in any order:
>>1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
>>2.)Nine
>>3.)Warren G
>>4.)Tupac
>>5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
>>5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)
>>6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)
>
>Hey no ways can you be dissin Chuck D like that. The hard voice and all is
>dope y'all. He may not flow like the mississippi but he sho' nuff got a
>voice to go with the PE beats that Shocklee and Co. produce. Also I don't
>think Ice Cube deserves to be there. If anything the people who I really
>think can't rap are Flavor Flav and Eazy-E. They can't take that wiggedy
>wack stuff they call rhyme to the sto'!
>
>Peace I'm audi
>E-Mac

I agree- Youz gots ta be crazy dissin Chuck. right now, I can't think of
too many candidates, but Tupac, Cube and Chuck do not belong on this list.
Nine's name looks out of place to.

Marc

Taek-Geun Kwon

May 3, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/3/95
In article <3o46db$d...@arwen.josnet.se>, fre...@access.josnet.se (Markus
Georgiou) wrote:

> Peter Gardner (pgar...@Direct.CA) wrote:
> : Not in any order:

> : 1.)Snoop Cheesy Cheese
> : 2.)Nine
> : 3.)Warren G
> : 4.)Tupac
> : 5.)Chuck D and Flava Flav
> : 5.)Ice Cube (or anyone else from N.W.A.)
> : 6.)Casual (he might be a good freestyler, but...)
>

> : P.S. Buckshot overated?? More like underated!
> what??? Chuck D and Flava Flav overrated?? gimme a break
>
> Da Rat

How bout Biggie? He's good but not thaaat good.

Peace,

Taek

Martin Bosworth

May 5, 1995, 3:00:00 AM5/5/95

: Dre (lip gloss wearin bitch....got no respect for this music)
: Snoop (can't rhyme w/o mentioning "gin n juice" or sayin "baaaby!")
: Warren G (wack ass rhyme flow)

I am proud to say that except for 'Stranded on Death Row' and the first two
songs off the 'Murder' soundtrack, I have never swung on these fakeass, phunk-
phukkin-up, hypocritical, bandwagon-jumping, should-be-paying-mad-money-to
George-Clinton-AND-Cypress-Hill, weak-ass perpetrators. Never Have, Never Will.

: Notorious B.I.G.

"No need to worry, my accountant handles that!" Whatever.

: Wu Tang Clan (includes Method Man and Old Dirty Bastard)

Okay, ODB needs some remedial speech training, but you can't front on Meth,
Raekwon, the RZA, and the underrated Ghost Face Killa. U-God is just there,
and the Genius does nothing for me.

: Gravediggas (includes RZA)

See above. You can't say "Diary of a Madman" wasn't some psychotic headbangin'
shit. I get chills every time I listen to it. Gravediggaz buried the
Wacklinerz 6 feet deep.

: The Dogg Pound

See above. Nate Dogg must have sucked a lot of dick to get in there, because
I can't think of any other reason why his sleepy-faced ass ever hit video,
CD, or tape. Same goes for That Idiot Daz, Kurupt, and Ms. Ass Puffs, the
'Lady' of Rage.

Martin (wrath) Bosworth

Message has been deleted

credit...@gmail.com

Jul 7, 2017, 9:23:27 AM7/7/17
Hello: need financing for the realization of your projects, for the construction of your company and others?
Then contact us:
You can apply for funding up to: $ 500,000 and more

mateo1...@gmail.com

Jun 17, 2018, 10:38:25 PM6/17/18
The smoke hadnt cleared before we could see the real biggie. He died young at 24 and had potential to be the best for years.

When i think of over rated rappers to not take seriously, i think of kanye west, drake, shaq, flava flav, jermaine dupre, tyga, soulja boy, and others. They have more of a clown persona than a rapper.