Request: "A Thousand Words Is Worth a Picture"

BDein

Jul 8, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/8/96

This may be a shot in the dark but I know a lot of members of this
newsgroup are passionate about collecting quotations so I thought I would
give it a try.

I have been looking in vain for a few years for a poster/print entitled "A
1,000 words is worth a Picture". Essentially, it is a poster with a
collection of insightful and inspirational aphorisms from the ages. The
poster was created by an artist/graphic designer named Kenneth A. Grooms
(sp?) and published/distributed around 1980 by a company called "Art 101"
located in Atlanta. I believe that Art 101 is out of business. I have
also tried poster chainstores (Deck the Walls and Prints Plus) but to no
avail.

Does anyone have or know of this poster? Does anyone know of any source
that would help me determine if this poster is still available to order
(i.e., not out of print) or where to find?

Thanks, in advance, for any assistance and your cooperation.

-Bob

deini...@arn.com
or
bd...@aol.com

>Climb high, climb far
Your goal, the sky
Your aim, a star<

Sam Hobbs

Jul 9, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/9/96

bd...@aol.com (BDein) writes:
> I have been looking in vain for a few years for a poster/print entitled "A
> 1,000 words is worth a Picture". Essentially, it is a poster with a
> collection of insightful and inspirational aphorisms from the ages. The
> poster was created by an artist/graphic designer named Kenneth A. Grooms
> (sp?) and published/distributed around 1980 by a company called "Art 101"
> located in Atlanta. I believe that Art 101 is out of business. I have
> also tried poster chainstores (Deck the Walls and Prints Plus) but to no
> avail.

There are 31 Kenneth Grooms in the four11.com phone directory, none in
Georgia and none with middle initials listed ... too many for me to try

There is one Kenneth Groome listed locally in the metropolitan Atlanta
area ... I left him a phone message asking if he was a graphic artist
... if I hear back I will let you know

OQ:
If I tell you [about] a secret [event] and you do not believe
it, it becomes a nonevent even though it actually happened.
>> Ernest K. Gann
_The Black Watch_ 1989 p. ix

Sam Hobbs

Jul 10, 1996, 3:00:00 AM7/10/96

On the Kenneth Groome listed in the Atlanta metro phone book:
He and his wife have gotten several calls in the past few
years trying to locate a Kenneth Groome who was an artist and
who died in the 1980's.

They did suggest that they occasionally see quotations from
a ``Ken Grooms'' ... so your spelling may be correct and this
person mayn be different than the deceased artist.

Art 101 is no longer listed locally in any Atlanta phone book.

Sorry I am no more help.

OQ: There is only one thing a philosopher can be relied upon to do,
and that is to contradict other philosophers.
>>> William James

jillc...@gmail.com

Nov 12, 2012, 2:55:31 PM11/12/12
me too!!

mmg...@yahoo.com

Mar 2, 2013, 7:28:16 PM3/2/13
I have a framed Kenneth Groom A picture is worth 1000 words.

mmg...@yahoo.com

Mar 2, 2013, 7:33:58 PM3/2/13
to BDein
If your still looking I have a framed Kenneth Grooms A picture is worth a 1000 words.

On Monday, July 8, 1996 3:00:00 AM UTC-4, Bob wrote:
> This may be a shot in the dark but I know a lot of members of this
> newsgroup are passionate about collecting quotations so I thought I would
> give it a try.
>
> I have been looking in vain for a few years for a poster/print entitled "A
> 1,000 words is worth a Picture". Essentially, it is a poster with a
> collection of insightful and inspirational aphorisms from the ages. The
> poster was created by an artist/graphic designer named Kenneth A. Grooms
> (sp?) and published/distributed around 1980 by a company called "Art 101"
> located in Atlanta. I believe that Art 101 is out of business. I have
> also tried poster chainstores (Deck the Walls and Prints Plus) but to no
> avail.

psmit...@aol.com

May 24, 2014, 1:44:29 PM5/24/14
Would you be interested in selling it, if you still have it? Or having a copy made? I have been looking for this forever too,

Thank you,
Peggy

vint...@gmail.com

Dec 4, 2014, 3:45:34 AM12/4/14
I just ran across your post. Did you sell your print? If not would you be interested in selling it? My dad had this in his office when I was a kid in the 70s. I would like one for my office now.
Thank you -
Sheryl
Vintageaircraft.com
Message has been deleted

mrhu...@gmail.com

Jan 19, 2015, 12:41:17 PM1/19/15
A version of it is available at Cafe Press:

http://www.cafepress.com/eclecticon.50423438
Message has been deleted

danmcg...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2016, 9:54:05 PM1/25/16
Would anyone happen to still have a copy of this for sale? Been searching everywhere and can't find one.
Danmcg...@gmail.com

frnkmxwll

Dec 11, 2016, 11:39:26 AM12/11/16

Here is a .pdf of this poster:
http://docdro.id/xVfowLr
Message has been deleted

aliceresta...@gmail.com

Oct 8, 2018, 12:52:57 AM10/8/18
Thank you for this.

katysa...@gmail.com

Oct 27, 2018, 9:48:58 PM10/27/18
I have one for sale. Framed. Make me an offer, if interested.
Katysa...@gmail.com

steper...@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2019, 2:52:10 AM11/23/19
I also have a Kenneth grooms posts I also admire his wording

jacob....@gmail.com

Nov 23, 2019, 4:05:15 PM11/23/19
Hi, anyone have one of these posters? If so, I’m interested.

Maureen Hunt

Aug 7, 2020, 9:44:01 AM8/7/20
On Saturday, November 23, 2019 at 4:05:15 PM UTC-5, jacob....@gmail.com wrote:
> Hi, anyone have one of these posters? If so, I’m interested.
Hi! I have an original if you are still interested.

Lynn Marlow

Nov 18, 2020, 10:34:56 PM11/18/20
On Sunday, December 11, 2016 at 8:39:26 AM UTC-8, frnkmxwll wrote:
> Here is a .pdf of this poster:
> http://docdro.id/xVfowLr
This is the one! Thanks so much.