The Obama-Rezko-Auchi connection is becoming the Obamagate of 2008

1 view

blue_collar_worker

Apr 16, 2008, 1:06:59 PM4/16/08
Obamagate is appearing in UK papers daily, but the US news media is
waiting until the general election to spring this on the American
people. Of course the Republicans want Obama to win the nomination so
they will have a sure chance of winning this fall. Obama's past
connections are a history of very bad judgments to say the least.
Some may be illegal.

Tracing the trail of Iraqi born billionaire Nadhmi Auchi indicates
Rezko's deals may include a money trail leading back to Saddam Hussein
oil for food program.

A 2004 Pentagon report described Auchi, "who, behind the facade of
legitimate business, served as Saddam Hussein's principal
international financial manipulator and bag man."

Auchi prospered in Saddam’s regime collecting "commissions" on sale of
weapons and other goods to Iraq in the 1980s and 1990s.

A recent Pentagon report accuses Auchi of "unlawful activities working
closely with Iraqi intelligence operatives to ... arrange for
significant theft from the U.N. Oil-for-Food Program to smuggle
weapons and dual-use technology into Iraq," and to "organize an
elaborate scheme to take over and control the post-war cellular phone
system in Iraq."
At Saddam's insistence a scheme orchestrated by Auchi appropriated
billions of dollars from America through America’s Oil for Food
program into Auchi’s bank account. These transactions passed through
Banque Nationale de (BNP) from its 1995 inception until 2001 through
Auchi's General Mediterranean Holdings Company (GMHC) which was the
largest private shareholder in Paris.
Auchi's General Mediterranean Holdings has connections in Iraq which
lead right back to Tony Rezko.
Auchi's company helped finance a 250 megawatt power plant in the
Kurdish town of Chamchamal, Iraq, teaming up with Rezko and Iraq's
former Minister of Electricity, Aiham Alsamarrae. In December, 2006
Alsamarrae was accused of graft and is being charged in a $2 billion
Iraqi reconstruction corruption case. Alsamarrae is a Chicago resident
with dual US-Iraqi citizenship -an embarrassing connection for the war
critic Obama. Alsamarrae is now living in his Chicago mansion.
Writing in Human Events, March 3, 2008, John Batchelor reports on an
Alsammarae-Obama-Rezko connection:

"...in April 2005, one month before Mr. Alsammarae left his post, his
Ministry of Electricity signed a contract for $50 million with
Companion Security to provide training to Iraqis to guard electrical
plants by flying them to Illinois for classes.

"Companion Security was headed by a former Chicago policeman with a
troubled history, Daniel T. Frawley, in partnership with Mr. Rezko and
in association with Daniel Mahru, the lawyer for the original contract
and Mr. Rezko's former business partner. In April 2006, Mr. Frawley
entered negotiations with Governor Rod Blagojevich's staff to lease a
military facility in Illinois to be a training camp. In August 2006,
Mr. Frawley started negotiations with Mr. Obama's U.S. Senate staff to
complete the contract....

"The timeline of Companion discussions in 2006 is important to note:
April 2006 Frawley speaks to governor's office; August 2006 Frawley
speaks to senator's office; October 2006 indictment of Rezko revealed;
October 2006 Rezko arrested upon return from Syria; October 2006
Alsammarae convicted in Baghdad and makes his first escape attempt;
December 2006 Alsammarae escapes from Baghdad. ...

"(In 2004) Mr. Auchi traveled by private aircraft to Midway Airport in
Chicago and then to a fete at the Four Season Hotel, where he met with
his business partner in Chicago real estate, Mr. Rezko, as well as
with Illinois Governor Rod Blagojevich. Also present that night,
according to a fresh report by James Bone and Dominic Kennedy of the
London Times, was State Senator Barack ObamaClinton-and-Obama-Economic-
Plans Mar-08 , who had recently won the Democratic primary for the
U.S. Senate seat...."

The Obama Connection
Recently the London Times reported that Auchi had been a business
partner of Rezko since 2003 and between April 2005 and 2007 loaned
Rezko at least $18 million.
On February 1 the London Times reports uncovering, "state documents in
Illinois recording that Fintrade Services, a Panamanian company, lent
money to (an) Obama fundraiser in May 2005. Fintrade's directors
include Ibtisam Auchi, the name of Mr. Auchi's wife."

"A company related to Mr. Auchi, who has a conviction for corruption
in France, registered the loan to Mr. Obama's bagman Antoin ‘Tony'
Rezko on May, 23 2005. Mr. Auchi says the loan, through the Panamanian
company Fintrade Services SA, was for $3.5 million.

These Funds from Auchi's loan helped finance a complex series of
transactions between Rezko and Democratic Presidential candidate
Illinois Senator Barack Obama involving the 2005 purchase of Obama's
Chicago mansion and Rezko's purchase of an adjoining landlocked
parcel.
Rezko claims he paid “full market price” and Obama apparently received
a “discount” of several hundred thousand dollars for his parcel. Rezko
then improved his parcel to benefit Obama.

Instead of handing cash to Obama, Rezko handed Obama a preferential
price for property. This is the same form of “honest graft” and
preferential treatment that sent former Illinois Governor Otto Kerner
to jail over 30 years ago, see United States v. Isaacs, 493 F.2d 1124
(7th Cir. 1974).

The Chicago Sun-Times recently reported that Mr. Rezko, around the
same general period he was wheeling with Obama, also provided a
preferential price for a property purchase by U. S. Representative
Luis Gutierrez.

Instead of transferring cash to buy influence, Rezko was engaging in
structured property transactions and preferential treatment of public
officials to confer significant financial benefits on them, far above
the legal limits of any legitimate political contribution permitted by
federal law.
Rezko was a key early-money fund raiser in Obama's state Senate
campaigns. and Rezko's relationship with Barack Obama goes back to at
least 1990, when Obama's law firm did work relating to a Rezko housing
development.
Rezko as a major mob figure is not known for civic-mindedness or
desire for good government.

At a March 3 news conference in San Antonio, Texas, Chicago-based
reporters peppered Obama with some of the questions the national news
corps has avoided for over a year. Obama claims he had already
answered the questions in the Chicago media. He said: "These requests,
I think, could just go on forever. At some point, what we need to try
to do is respond to what's pertinent."

Dana Milbank of the Washington Post wrote:

"Reporters, however, had a different idea of what was pertinent, and
the questions about Rezko, NAFTA and other unpleasant subjects
continued to come. An aide called out ‘last question,' and Obama made
his move for the exit -- only for reporters to shout after him in
protest. ‘C'mon, guys,' he pleaded. ‘I just answered, like, eight
questions.'"
from:
http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/2008/03/obama-auchi-connection-and-iraq.html

lora...@cs.com

Apr 16, 2008, 2:51:58 PM4/16/08
On Apr 16, 10:06 am, blue_collar_worker <GeraldCNew...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Obamagate is appearing in UK papers daily, but the US news media is
> waiting until the general election to spring this on the American
> people.  Of course the Republicans want Obama to win the nomination so
> they will have a sure chance of winning this fall.  Obama's past
> connections are a history of very bad judgments to say the least.
> Some may be illegal.

You've got it, dude.. that's certainly what the game plan looks like.

April 2008:
Glassy Eyed Sheeple: 'Go Obama Go' 'You are our Savior!' 'Ooo Obama
looked at me!' 'Hillary who?'

November 2008:
Neoconned (again) Sheeple: 'Who could have thought that Obama would
turn out to be a closet homosexual taking money from convicted
criminals connected to the 'Oil for money fiasco'... even while being
funded by people like Rupert Murdoch and approved by the Bilderberg
Group?

>  from:http://prairiepundit.blogspot.com/2008/03/obama-auchi-connection-and-...

Lamont Cranston

Apr 16, 2008, 3:00:16 PM4/16/08
lora...@cs.com wrote:
> On Apr 16, 10:06 am, blue_collar_worker <GeraldCNew...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
> > Obamagate is appearing in UK papers daily, but the US news media is
> > waiting until the general election to spring this on the American
> > people. Of course the Republicans want Obama to win the nomination
> > so they will have a sure chance of winning this fall. Obama's past
> > connections are a history of very bad judgments to say the least.
> > Some may be illegal.
>
> You've got it, dude.. that's certainly what the game plan looks like.
>
> April 2008:
> Glassy Eyed Sheeple: 'Go Obama Go' 'You are our Savior!' 'Ooo Obama
> looked at me!' 'Hillary who?'
>
> November 2008:
> Neoconned (again) Sheeple: 'Who could have thought that Obama would
> turn out to be a closet homosexual taking money from convicted
> criminals connected to the 'Oil for money fiasco'... even while being
> funded by people like Rupert Murdoch and approved by the Bilderberg
> Group?

You GOP cocksuckers are desperate. You have the stink of total panic on
you. It will be an absolute pleasure to watch you implode in the coming
months.

lora...@cs.com

Apr 16, 2008, 3:18:10 PM4/16/08
On Apr 16, 12:00 pm, "Lamont Cranston" <Lamont.Crans...@umbra.com>
wrote:

Come November you will be reminded of what a sheeple you are.

PS: I'm not GOP

HarryNadds

Apr 16, 2008, 3:43:41 PM4/16/08
On Apr 16, 2:00 pm, "Lamont Cranston" <Lamont.Crans...@umbra.com>
wrote:
> months.- Hide quoted text -

You fringe kooks are already on mass suicide watch.We're also
preparing for the cities to burn when the Black Messiah loses to an
old white man.

ayatollah obama

Apr 16, 2008, 3:47:32 PM4/16/08
wrote:
> months.- Hide quoted text -

When do the indicments for obamarama come down? If I remember
correctly, felons can't be president

4033 Dead

Apr 16, 2008, 5:23:47 PM4/16/08

You need actual evidence that some sort of crime has been committed
before you can even begin to think about indictments.

Like with John McCain, who is trying to renege on his agreement for
public funding, thus ripping the taxpayers off for tens of millions of
dollars.

Now, HE might be indicted.

Steve

Apr 16, 2008, 7:15:00 PM4/16/08
On Wed, 16 Apr 2008 14:23:47 -0700, 4033 Dead <ze...@finestplanet.com>
wrote:

<LOL> Hope springs eternal in the minds of fantasy loving fools like
Zeppy

I figure it's time to start considering legal action
against this little stalker.
Zepp Jamieson 2 Mar 2005
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.politics.democrats.d/msg/b503459d6b2db5b2?hl=en&