Does the bible wisdom "I am my brother's keeper" mean anything to America's right?

Chom Noamsky

Aug 25, 2009, 3:05:37 PM8/25/09
What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money? The next time
someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
the right to laugh in their faces.

softsofa

Aug 25, 2009, 3:20:33 PM8/25/09
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:05:37 GMT, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm>
wrote:

>What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money? The next time
>someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
>the right to laugh in their faces.

Hahahahaha!

Sorry... laughing at you too much.

Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

[]softsofa[]

Chom Noamsky

Aug 25, 2009, 3:36:09 PM8/25/09
"softsofa" <soft...@comcast.net> wrote in message

In other words you feel no social obligation to your fellow man, you'd let
him just die just because he's too broke to pay for medicine.

Harry Nadds

Aug 25, 2009, 3:40:58 PM8/25/09

If you feel compelled to provide free healthcare to Jose,Maria and the
13 little Gonzales's or Tyrone,Takishia and the 9 little nekked
chilrun with 9 different daddy's be my guest. Once upon a time,long
long ago people took care of each other. Faith based charities and
family. But after Johnson's "War on Poverty"and $7 TRILLION +dollars
later 46% of the people in America pay NO federal taxes and most of
them think the EVILLL white man owes them a handout. I take care of my
family through hard work and staying out of trouble. Yours?? I
couldn't care less about. They're not my problem.

SilentOtto

Aug 25, 2009, 3:59:54 PM8/25/09

Like the original poster said, rightard...

Next time one of you rightards try to claim that this country is
operates under Christian values, we can rightfully laugh in your face.

You can be a Christian or you can be a selfish bastard.

But, you can't be both.

Heh heh...

Rightards...

Batshit crazy and dogshit stupid, every single one of you.

Phlip

Aug 25, 2009, 5:13:18 PM8/25/09
> What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money?

One that the HMOs has taught us _must_ ration, hence high-value
people, who are productive and give back to society, are kept alive,
while the poor are arrested if they cringe or moan while dying in
pain.

> The next time
> someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
> the right to laugh in their faces.

Obama used that line in his nomination acceptance speech. It was a
subtle play on the "Cain" in McCain.

Please write all whining about the separation of church and state here
-> [ ]. Obama is not forcing us all to switch to his religion,
Christianity.

Phlip

Aug 25, 2009, 5:14:17 PM8/25/09
> > Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!
>
> In other words you feel no social obligation to your fellow man, you'd let
> him just die just because he's too broke to pay for medicine.

You are responding to someone so insecure, with such low self-esteem,
they must subjugate poor people just to feel superior.

Ron

Aug 25, 2009, 5:51:37 PM8/25/09
.
.
You sound like Marie Antoinette. And you seem to forget that whatever
circumstances brought Jose and Maria to their present state, the nine
naked children are not being cared for and it ain't their fault they
have thoughtless parents. And the local charities aren't reaching
them either.

And they ARE your problem, because in about 10 to 12 years, they are
going to be teens with an attitude toward an indifferent affluent
population. Namely, You.

RO

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Aug 25, 2009, 6:38:44 PM8/25/09

Well, Chom ol' boy, you gotta remember -- the rightwingers,
biblethumpers, Republikkkons, and others who claim this is a
"christian nation founded on biblical principles" believe their claim
ONLY when "biblical principles" support their own prejudices. They
aren't interested in true Christian principles -- they are interested
only in what will get the sheep into the voting booth.

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Aug 25, 2009, 6:40:39 PM8/25/09

Well said. And let's remind ol' Harry Ass that those kids he's
laughing at also enjoy the Sacred Second Amendment right to bear arms.

Heh, heh.

fost...@gmail.com

Aug 25, 2009, 6:46:04 PM8/25/09

The question is "Am I my brother's keeper"?

The answer is yes!

Is the government my brother's keeper?

The answer is NO!!!!!

Forcibly taking money from one person under the threat of a gun
(government) to give to another for his health options is Fascist

Obama is a Fascist!!!!

Buerste

Aug 25, 2009, 7:16:37 PM8/25/09

"Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote in message

> What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money? The next time
> someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
> the right to laugh in their faces.

Why is it that people too "poor" to pay for their own healthcare are never
too poor to buy big plasma TVs, pot and booze? Then they just go to the
local hospital and get all the free care and drugs they need.

Chom Noamsky

Aug 25, 2009, 7:25:12 PM8/25/09
"ma...@merde.com" <fost...@gmail.com> wrote in message

The answer is yes!

The answer is NO!!!!!

Obama is a Fascist!!!!

Then you agree civilized nations have a social obligation to provide
healthcare to those who can't afford it. If not through government, then
who... do you have a better idea on how to fulfill this obligation?

PS. Did you protest when Bush gave America's biggest corporations hundreds
of billions of *your* dollars? Did this make him a fascist?

Bush Coward in Hiding

Aug 25, 2009, 7:25:20 PM8/25/09

"Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote in message

Well, most pugs are poor, sociopathic and clearly sadistic, uneducated and
better suited to be picking watermelons than studying astro-phisics.

Mike Russell

Aug 25, 2009, 8:10:27 PM8/25/09

Some people are foolish with their money, can't seem to save anything up or
plan for anything.

The question is, should they still get free health care even if they are
screw-ups when it comes to managing their money?

The answer is a clear and resounding, "yes".
--
Mike Russell - liberal and proud

softsofa

Aug 26, 2009, 12:08:16 AM8/26/09
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:36:09 GMT, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm>
wrote:

>>"softsofa" wrote:
>>> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:05:37 GMT, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm>
>>> wrote:

>>>What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money? The next time
>>>someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
>>>the right to laugh in their faces.

>> Hahahahaha!
>>
>> Sorry... laughing at you too much.
>>
>> Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha!!!

>In other words you feel no social obligation to your fellow man, you'd let
>him just die just because he's too broke to pay for medicine.

Wrongo. We already have a huge program to help the poor: Medicaid. We
don't need nationalized Medicaid for the rest of us.

I feel no obligation to force people to help others. I feel no
obligation to force people to pay to help others. Suggesting that
those who refuse to respond to force aren't Christian is what's
laughable. Soooooo...

Ah-Hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahhahahahahaha!

[]softsofa[]

softsofa

Aug 26, 2009, 12:08:23 AM8/26/09
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 14:14:17 -0700 (PDT), Phlip <phli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>You are responding to someone so insecure, with such low self-esteem,
>they must subjugate poor people just to feel superior.

pop

pop-pop

pop-pop-poppity-pop

pOp psychology

[]softsofa[]

softsofa

Aug 26, 2009, 12:08:31 AM8/26/09
On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 16:25:20 -0700, "Bush Coward in Hiding"
<bi...@HMO.net> wrote:

>Well, most pugs are poor, sociopathic and clearly sadistic, uneducated and
>better suited to be picking watermelons

Racist.

>than studying astro-phisics.

Read "I" mind, Kreskin. What am "I" thinking...

[]softsofa[]

Bret Cahill

Aug 26, 2009, 1:02:14 AM8/26/09
> What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money?  The next time
> someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
> the right to laugh in their faces.

The hypocrisy ain't nearly as bad as having uninsured go around
spreading flu TB and other diseases.

Bret Cahill

Buerste

Aug 26, 2009, 1:09:57 AM8/26/09

"Mike Russell" <mi...@russell-home.net> wrote in message

I agree. The problems we see are really the symptoms of greater issues.
NOBODY wants to address the real issues or even define them.

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 8:41:03 AM8/26/09
"ma...@merde.com" wrote:

> The question is "Am I my brother's keeper"?
>
> The answer is yes!
>
> Is the government my brother's keeper?
>
>  The answer is NO!!!!!

Under a democracy, am I my government's keeper?

The answer is...

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 8:49:53 AM8/26/09
Bret Cahill wrote:

+1

I want my taxes going to preventing that spread - cheaply - instead of
curing disease, after it spreads - expensively.

The latter is our current system.

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 8:54:51 AM8/26/09
On Aug 25, 4:25 pm, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote:

> Obama is a Fascist!!!!

> Then you agree civilized nations have a social obligation to provide
> healthcare to those who can't afford it.  If not through government, then
> who... do you have a better idea on how to fulfill this obligation?

Yes. Look up and strike all the laws, regulations, and loopholes that
HMOs currently exploit. They may never deny a subscriber, and never
deny a claim.

Then add just a couple new laws. HMOs must charge on a sliding scale,
and a hospital can sign a poor person up with minimal coverage with a
rubber stamp.

Boom. The HMOs now actually have to work more efficiently, so their
claims adjusters must either downsize or add value to the system, such
as by monitoring a person's health status across multiple doctors. And
they have a formidable incentive to get poor indigent people into
clinics early and often, before their problems become expensive
diseases.

In other words, HMOs serve their subscribers, instead of the other way
around.

> PS.  Did you protest when Bush gave America's biggest corporations hundreds
> of billions of *your* dollars?  Did this make him a fascist?

Uh, according to the definition of "fascism" promoted by its inventor,
Benito Mussolini, yes.

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 9:13:07 AM8/26/09
On Aug 25, 2:51 pm, Ron <ron...@wt.net> wrote:

> And they ARE your problem, because in about 10 to 12 years, they are
> going to be teens with an attitude toward an indifferent affluent
> population.  Namely, You.
>
> RO

Please don't confuse a racist with the facts. Those poor white kids in
rural West Virginia are living in squalor because the snooty folks in
the city done turned their back on them.

But the non-whites living in squalor? They are there because of
genetic inferiority.

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 9:13:36 AM8/26/09
> > And they ARE your problem, because in about 10 to 12 years, they are
> > going to be teens with an attitude toward an indifferent affluent
> > population.  Namely, You.
>
> Well said.  And let's remind ol' Harry Ass that those kids he's
> laughing at also enjoy the Sacred Second Amendment right to bear arms.

And to form well-organized militias!

SaPeIsMa

Aug 26, 2009, 9:23:12 AM8/26/09

#
# Under a democracy, am I my government's keeper?
#
# The answer is...

NO !
Let your brother grow up and stand on his own two feet.
Instead of enabling his unwillingness to care for himself.

Chom Noamsky

Aug 26, 2009, 10:44:38 AM8/26/09
"SaPeIsMa" <SaPe...@HotMail.com> wrote in message

Egads, a meritocrat rears his ugly head. Hard working families with
unpayable medical bills go bankrupt by the tens of thousands every year...
obviously we're not talking about lazy people here.

Roy

Aug 26, 2009, 11:10:59 AM8/26/09
On Aug 26, 8:44 am, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote:
> "SaPeIsMa" <SaPeI...@HotMail.com> wrote in message

> > "Phlip" <phlip2...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> > "ma...@merde.com" wrote:
>
> >> The question is "Am I my brother's keeper"?
>
> >> The answer is yes!
>
> >> Is the government my brother's keeper?
>
> >> The answer is NO!!!!!
> > #
> > # Under a democracy, am I my government's keeper?
> > #
> > #   The answer is...
>
> > NO !
> >    Let your brother grow up and stand on his own two feet.
> >    Instead of enabling his unwillingness to care for himself.
>
> Egads, a meritocrat rears his ugly head.  Hard working families with
> unpayable medical bills go bankrupt by the tens of thousands every year...
> obviously we're not talking about lazy people here.- Hide quoted text -

==
I thought that he was just a plain ordinary idiot. Thanks for the
meritocrat label...very apt.
==

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 12:43:46 PM8/26/09
> NO !
>     Let your brother grow up and stand on his own two feet.
>     Instead of enabling his unwillingness to care for himself.

So much for compulsory education, sanitized water, air quality
standards, traffic lights.

Everyone should be on their own? Move to Somalia...

Not Sure

Aug 26, 2009, 1:25:53 PM8/26/09
On Aug 25, 12:05 pm, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote:
> What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money?  The next time
> someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
> the right to laugh in their faces.

Still sobbing hysterically that your Messiah won't be allowed to rob
from the winners in order to provide "healthcare" to the losers, eh?
Continue wailing :)

Not Sure

Aug 26, 2009, 1:27:22 PM8/26/09

The left never tires of making excuses for the perpetrators of crime,
do they? LOL

> RO

Not Sure

Aug 26, 2009, 1:28:20 PM8/26/09
On Aug 25, 5:10 pm, Mike Russell <m...@russell-home.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 25 Aug 2009 19:16:37 -0400, Buerste wrote:
> > "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote in message
> >> What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money?  The next time
> >> someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
> >> the right to laugh in their faces.
>
> > Why is it that people too "poor" to pay for their own healthcare are never
> > too poor to buy big plasma TVs, pot and booze?  Then they just go to the
> > local hospital and get all the free care and drugs they need.
>
> Some people are foolish with their money, can't seem to save anything up or
> plan for anything.
>
> The question is, should they still get free health care

It's not free, liar. Better luck next time :)

Phlip

Aug 26, 2009, 3:58:22 PM8/26/09
On Aug 26, 8:10 am, Roy <wila...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > NO !
> > >    Let your brother grow up and stand on his own two feet.
> > >    Instead of enabling his unwillingness to care for himself.
>
> > Egads, a meritocrat rears his ugly head.  Hard working families with
> > unpayable medical bills go bankrupt by the tens of thousands every year...
> > obviously we're not talking about lazy people here.

> I thought that he was just a plain ordinary idiot. Thanks for the
> meritocrat label...very apt.

Meritocracies rule by merit. The top poster wants an oligarchy, where
the rich rule by force, and deny health care to the poor. That's so if
anyone among the poor has enough merit to rule, circumstances will
hold them down, and the rich get less competition.

The amazing thing about the anti-health clowns they themselves, and
their families, are the ones held down by the current system!

The code-word for holding the lower classes down is calling them
"lazy".

az willie

Aug 26, 2009, 6:11:39 PM8/26/09
"Buerste" <bue...@wowway.com> wrote in

===========
The REAL issues are insurance companies that pay execs multi-millions to
devise ways to charge people and then wiggle out of paying when they have
a claim.

The REAL issues are insurance companies that refuse to pay for tests and
proceedures the doctors say you need.

The REAL issues are insurance companies that refuse to even let you sign
up because you have some pre-existing condition or maybe your brothers or
sisters do and they figure you're gonna come down with it too.

The REAL issues is the billions and billions of profits made by insurance
companies who then don't deliver the insurance you pay for.

Republicans always claim they want CHOICE but want to DENY the American
people the CHOICE of signing up for a public insurance program similar to
Medicare.

Why shouldn't the people have that choice?

No one would force them to go the public option route.

But they want to FORCE people to pay insurance companies by making it
manadatory that everyone carries insurance ... but only insurance through
private companies that make huge profits.

Give the people CHOICE ... let the people decide what type of insurance
they want.

--
If you don't believe in Freedom of Speech for people you despise ... you
don't believe in it at all.

fost...@gmail.com

Aug 26, 2009, 7:56:22 PM8/26/09
On Aug 26, 10:44 am, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote:

> Egads, a meritocrat rears his ugly head.  Hard working families with
> unpayable medical bills go bankrupt by the tens of thousands every year...
> obviously we're not talking about lazy people here.

Meanwhile, Obama's greedy trial lawyers are getting $20 million
because "The coffee was too hot".

EverOnlyNice

Aug 26, 2009, 8:44:08 PM8/26/09
On Aug 25, 3:05 pm, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote:
> What kind of a nation lets its sick die for lack of money?  The next time
> someone tells you America operates on so-called Christian values, you have
> the right to laugh in their faces.

i told it like it was, is, and shall be as far as nasty repuglincunts
go!

penny

Aug 26, 2009, 10:14:59 PM8/26/09
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 08:23:12 -0500, "SaPeIsMa" <SaPe...@HotMail.com>
wrote:

What if "your brother" is disabled?

Penny

penny

Aug 26, 2009, 11:43:37 PM8/26/09
On Wed, 26 Aug 2009 05:54:51 -0700 (PDT), Phlip <phli...@gmail.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 25, 4:25�pm, "Chom Noamsky" <e...@chicken.commm> wrote:

>> Obama is a Fascist!!!!

>> Then you agree civilized nations have a social obligation to provide
>> healthcare to those who can't afford it. �If not through government, then
>> who... do you have a better idea on how to fulfill this obligation?
>
>Yes. Look up and strike all the laws, regulations, and loopholes that
>HMOs currently exploit. They may never deny a subscriber, and never
>deny a claim.

How do you stop HMO's from exploiting patients when most of them are
motivated by huge profit motives in a highly speculative market., and
when they work under the increasingly exploitative general rules of
the WTO (GATS)

And how do you control the HMO lobby groups which spend a fortune .
lobbying Republicans to enact policies the HMO's want and not what
patients want. ,

>Then add just a couple new laws. HMOs must charge on a sliding scale,
>and a hospital can sign a poor person up with minimal coverage with a
>rubber stamp.

What makes you think HMO's will change. Most of their priorities are
their profits and keeping their shareholders happy. The more obscene
their profits become the more the patiient care suffers.

>Boom. The HMOs now actually have to work more efficiently, so their
>claims adjusters must either downsize or add value to the system, such
>as by monitoring a person's health status across multiple doctors. And
>they have a formidable incentive to get poor indigent people into
>clinics early and often, before their problems become expensive
>diseases.

HMO's can never work efficiently or cost effectively unless they work
cohesively under one umbrella and with government control. . .

In the " current US system, there are literally tens of thousands of
different health care organizations, HMOs, billing agencies, etc. By
having so many different payers of health care fees, there is an
enormous amount of administrative waste generated in the system" .

Duke, 900 bed hospital has 1 billing clerk per bed, according to Dr.
Uwe Reinhardt (Hearing on health care reform at the US Senate Finance
Committee, November, 2008) And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

http://www.pnhp.org/facts/what_is_single_payer.php

>In other words, HMOs serve their subscribers, instead of the other way
>around.

Impossible. Too much of their income is spent on waste. And they ,
along with self-serving lobbying and their onerous system are not
generally serving the patient. .

And let's face it Health care is a right and not a commodity to be
screwed up by too many privatizers who don't have an in-built
morality meter which recognizes patients over consumers.

Penny

az willie

Aug 27, 2009, 10:08:06 AM8/27/09
"ma...@merde.com" <fost...@gmail.com> wrote in

==========
You need to do some research and learn the TRUTH behind that story.
You might be surprised at who the real villain is.

But then, truth never really matters to right wingers.

SaPeIsMa

Aug 27, 2009, 5:28:28 PM8/27/09

"az willie" <scl...@npole.com> wrote in message

> If you don't believe in Freedom of Speech for people you despise ... you
> don't believe in it at all.

That's a pretty good description of the left

Roy

Aug 27, 2009, 8:08:56 PM8/27/09

==
No, it isn't.
==

az willie

Aug 28, 2009, 10:12:48 AM8/28/09
"SaPeIsMa" <SaPe...@HotMail.com> wrote in

=========
Yes, we know you despise us ... and we pity you.