[Hannity] Ted Cruz blasts the Supreme Court's 'damaging decisions'

Ubiquitous

Jul 1, 2015, 7:34:05 AM7/1/15
SEAN HANNITY: Welcome to "Hannity." Tonight, the Department of
Homeland Security and the FBI have issued a warning for Americans and
law enforcement to be extra-vigilant on high alert for an ISIS-related
attack around the upcoming 4th of July holiday weekend. And we're
going to have a full report on that later in the program.

But first, after two huge rulings from the Supreme Court last week,
one on ObamaCare, the other on same-sex marriage, where do
conservatives go from here?

Now, here's how some of the 2016 Republican presidential candidates
have been responding. Take a look.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIPS)

SEN. MARCO RUBIO, R-FLA., PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: I disagree with
their decision. I believe ObamaCare is bad for Americans, bad for the
country.

MIKE HUCKABEE, R-PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Judicial tyranny is when we
believe that the courts have a right to bypass the process of law.
And we've really seen it this week in two cases.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Are you calling for civil disobedience?

HUCKABEE: I don't think a lot of pastors and Christian schools are
going to have a choice.

GOV. BOBBY JINDAL, R-LA., PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: I strongly disagree
with the court's ruling. According to Chief Justice Roberts, they
weren't even reading -- this has nothing to do with the Constitution.
But of course, we're going to comply with a court order.

RICK SANTORUM, R-PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: We have to reclaim marriage
as an institution that's not about two adults or more adults, that
it's children.

(END VIDEO CLIPS)

HANNITY: Joining us now with reaction, the author of a brand-new book,
"A Time for Truth: Reigniting the Promise of America," 2016 Republican
presidential candidate Texas senator Ted Cruz. Senator, good to see
you. How are you, sir?

SEN. TED CRUZ, R-TEXAS, PRESIDENTIAL CANDIDATE: Sean, always great to
be with you.

HANNITY: These are two huge decisions. In the gay marriage decision,
we have a Supreme Court justice by the name of Antonin Scalia -- I
read both of his dissents, two days in a row. I thought they were
fabulous. But he said, "I write separately to call attention to this
court's threat to American democracy." A Supreme Court justice wrote
that!

CRUZ: (INAUDIBLE) last week, Thursday and Friday, those two decisions
are two of the most damaging decisions in the history of the United
States Supreme Court. On Thursday, a majority of the justices violated
federal law, rewrote ObamaCare in order to force that failed law on
millions of Americans.

And you know, to use John Roberts's famous analogy, they stopped being
umpires. They stopped calling balls and strikes, and they put on a
jersey, an Obama bright blue jersey, and joined a team forcing that
failed law on Americans.

And then on Friday, the marriage decision was directly contrary to the
Constitution. It was, as Justice Scalia observed, five unelected
judges saying their liberal policy views trump the considered judgment
of 320 million Americans. It was judicial activism at its worst!

HANNITY: How many times have you argued before the Supreme Court?

CRUZ: Nine times.

HANNITY: Nine -- all right. So I'm looking at both these cases. In the
2012 case on ObamaCare, the Obama administration was not even arguing
that the mandate was a tax. And the Supreme Court made it up whole
cloth!

CRUZ: Yes.

HANNITY: In this particular take (ph), they talk about state
exchanges.

CRUZ: Yes.

HANNITY: And Justice Scalia says we might as well call it "SCOTUS
care"...

CRUZ: Right.

HANNITY: ... because the clear language in the law talked about state
exchanges.

So what does that mean for the American people, when you have nine
unelected lifetime appointees that can impact America in this -- such
a profound way?

CRUZ: It is profoundly dangerous to our Constitution and our
democracy. They are making it up, and these are political decisions.
This is lawless and it's unconstitutional.

HANNITY: What is the recourse?

CRUZ: Well, I think there are a couple of consequences. On ObamaCare,
I think as a result of that decision, that makes 2016 a referendum on
repealing ObamaCare.

And if a 2016 presidential candidate isn't prepared to fight every day
to repeal every word of ObamaCare, to lead the fight and campaign on
it, he or she should get out of the way!

HANNITY: Senator, hang on a second. Every Republican like you promised
to repeal and replace ObamaCare. Now, they voted symbolically 50
times.

CRUZ: Right. Right.

HANNITY: But they also -- Congress has constitutionally the power of
the purse.

CRUZ: Yes. Yes.

HANNITY: You were the only one willing to use it, and you were
excoriated by your own party!

CRUZ: Look, Sean, you're right. That's one of the things I talk about
in the book, "A Time for Truth," which comes out tomorrow. I talk
about what's going on inside the United States Senate, behind closed
doors, the closed room dealings, the corruption, what I call the
Washington cartel, which is career politicians, Republicans and
Democrats, who get in bed with lobbyists and giant corporations.

And you notice whoever is in power, government gets bigger and bigger.
The debt grows more and more and our liberty recedes more and more.

The sad reality, both of the decisions last week on ObamaCare and gay
marriage, there were a lot of Republicans who put out statements
mildly critical who were privately celebrating and popping champagne
because the Washington cartel agrees with those decisions!

HANNITY: What would you do then -- what -- you're not going to impeach
a Supreme Court justice, are you?

CRUZ: So I've called for -- well, the framers thought that would be
the check, impeachment. So in the Federalist Papers, they talk about
the response to judicial tyranny is impeachment. Unfortunately, we've
seen -- Thomas Jefferson said that even within the first couple of
decades, impeachment had become not even a scarecrow for the Supreme
Court.

And listen, any Senate that can't muster 50 votes to defeat Loretta
Lynch, who told us she will be a lawless attorney general -- there's
no way on earth they're going to muster 67 votes to remove Anthony
Kennedy from office.

And so what I've called for is several things. Number one, on
marriage. I've introduced a constitutional amendment to preserve the
authority of the states to define marriage as the union of one man and
one woman. Number two, I've introduced legislation stripping the
federal courts of jurisdiction over attacks (ph) on marriage. The
Constitution gives that to Congress as a check and balance.

But number three, actually, on your radio show last week, I called for
a constitutional amendment putting in place periodic judicial
retention elections such that the people...

HANNITY: Twenty states have to do this, right?

CRUZ: That's exactly right. Twenty states have it in effect. So for
example, in California, 1986, the people of California recalled
several Supreme Court justices that had refused to implement capital
punishment. In Iowa in 2010, they recalled three Supreme Court
justices who had violated the Iowa constitution by mandating gay
marriage.

HANNITY: You were once the attorney general of Texas. The current
attorney general says clerks can refuse same-sex marriage. Do you
agree with that? And also, do you agree with Justice Thomas in his
dissent that says there's a coming battle between religious liberty
and freedom? In other words, churches -- will they be forced to
perform gay marriage or risk -- what, being closed down?

CRUZ: Absolutely, yes.

HANNITY: That's chilling.

CRUZ: And I will say this. One of the things I detail in the book, "A
Time for Truth," is that religious liberty for me has been a battle
that I've been leading the fight in for two decades. When I was the
solicitor general of Texas, we defended the 10 Commandments monument
on state Capitol grounds.

HANNITY: Did I say attorney general? I apologize.

CRUZ: Oh, you promoted me, but that -- that's all right.

(LAUGHTER)

HANNITY: Let me ask you this about the book. You tell a story, and
there's an ongoing back-and-forth with you and Karl Rove in the book.
You had gotten the support and endorsement of Bush 41, George Herbert
Walker Bush.

CRUZ: Yes. Yes.

HANNITY: And why don't you tell the story and what -- how -- your
response to the fallout of this.

CRUZ: Well, George Herbert Walker Bush had very generously and
unexpectedly given a thousand dollar check in support of my campaign
for attorney general in 2009. And I was elated. I told my wife, Heidi,
how thrilled I was.

A few days later, Karl Rove called me on my cell phone and was
berating and yelling and cursing at me. It turns out that he was
trying to raise money for the Bush 43 library in Dallas. And a number
of the big donors in Dallas were supporting another person, a state
rep, who was planning on running for that same office.

And so Karl was yelling at me. And I responded, I said, Karl, look, I
was just doing what you suggested when I asked your advice, going and
seeking support. He said, Well, you weren't supposed to get 41's. And
sadly, he made a comment -- he said -- he said -- he said, Besides,
he's too old to have good judgment anymore.

And it was a hurtful comment. It was wrong. Having spent four-and-a-
half hours with him, it was categorically false.

HANNITY: He denies that this happened.

CRUZ: Well, he does, and he put out a statement last night claiming
that he never said that. He never said anything about raising money
for the Bush library. He was never focused on supporting a state rep
in Dallas.

And sadly, Karl's statement is just flat-out false. Last night, I
released a series of e-mails where Karl in writing, in e-mail he
signed, lays out that it was all about big money for the Bush library.

And I'll tell you, Heidi, my wife, who you know -- when I hung up the
phone, it was the maddest she's ever been. She looked at me and said,
You know, this is what's wrong with the Republican Party. The attorney
general of Texas should not depend on who the donors are to the Bush
library. And it's that kind of story that I have in that book, "A Time
for Truth." It's what's going on behind the scenes.

HANNITY: And you're just naming names and you're picking battles with
him (ph) telling the truth. Let me ask you this. You say -- this is
your book right here, "A Time for Truth: Reigniting the Promise of
America." Debt, Putin, China, Iran, Middle East, you really think
you're able to put this thing back together if you become president?

CRUZ: Absolutely, yes. And I think the key -- we've got to break the
Washington cartel. And how do you do that? Number one, you look at the
2016 candidates. I think one of the most important questions is, When
have you ever stood up to the Washington cartel? It's easy to say
you're standing up to Democrats or Obama, but when have you stood up
to Republicans in your own party?

Now, it's interesting. There are some in the field that could say,
Well, I supported amnesty. Well, you know, when you attack Republicans
from the left, the mainstream media lionizes you as a bipartisan
statesman. But when have you stood with the people, with
Constitution, with freedom? And when have you been excoriated by
Democrats, Republicans and the mainstream media?

HANNITY: I got to be honest, I have real disappointment in Republicans
on two issues. Number one, they said they would de-fund Obama's
executive order. They didn't do it.

CRUZ: Yes.

HANNITY: They went along with "cromnibus," made promises. And the
other thing is, you know, on repealing or replacing ObamaCare, they
didn't use their constitutional power. That's disappointing.

Senator, we got to run. Good to see you. It's called "A Time for
Truth: Reigniting the Promise of America."

(CROSSTALK)

CRUZ: God bless. And I'll tell you, we've had 100,000 people coming to
TedCruz.org, supporting us. Tomorrow night at midnight...

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: ... $40 million, is that true?

CRUZ: It has been incredible. Over 100,000 courageous...

HANNITY: More than Hillary.

CRUZ: It is stunning! And it's because people are tired of politicians
not telling the truth. They want someone who will do what he said he
would do. I would ask your viewers, come to TedCruz.org. Support us
before midnight Tuesday, June 30th.

HANNITY: Good to see you, Senator. We'll see you on the campaign
trail. Thank you.

Coming up: In the wake of the Supreme Court's ruling on same-sex
marriage, will Christians at some point be forced to violate their own
deeply held religious beliefs? We'll check in with Pastor Jeffress and
Father Jonathan Morris coming up next.

Then later tonight...

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: I actually fear that the Iranians have the upper
hand right now. I actually fear we have painted ourselves into a
corner.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: A disturbing statement from the former director of the CIA
saying that Iran has the upper hand as these nuclear negotiations and
the deadline approaches.

And then later tonight, NBC cuts all ties with Donald Trump after
comments he made about Mexican immigrants. Eric Bolling, Charles
Gasparino will be here tonight with reaction, and more.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(NEWSBREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

SEN. TAMMY BALDWIN, D-WIS.: Certainly, the 1st Amendment says that in
institutions of faith, that there is absolute power to -- you know, to
observe religious -- deeply held religious beliefs.

But I don't think it extends far beyond that. They're talking about
expanding this far beyond our churches and synagogues to businesses
and individuals across this country. I think there are clear limits
that have been set in other contexts and that we ought to abide by
those in this new context across America.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: All right, that was Wisconsin Democrat senator Tammy Baldwin
saying that businesses and the business of people of faith could, in
fact, be forced to violate their deeply held religious beliefs when it
comes to providing services to same-sex weddings.

Here now with reaction, FOX News contributor Pastor Robert Jeffress,
the executive director of Marriage Equality USA Brian Silva, and FOX
News contributor Father Jonathan Morris. By the way, Father Morris
says he was spat at at yesterday in New York at their, quote, "gay
pride" parade.

Thank you all for being with -- what happened?

FATHER JONATHAN MORRIS, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: Well, I don't want to
make this about me. There's a lot of people who are gay who have been
fighting for gay marriage for a long time who have been probably spat
on and a lot worse by people on my side...

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: ... you wearing your collar? Is that why?

MORRIS: I was in my collar, like this, my clerical collar, and...

HANNITY: Did it say anything?

JEFFRESS: ... I was going to a dinner. I was just off the parade
route, and people, I think, were probably very excited about having
won this legal victory, probably drunk, perhaps wonderful, good
people.

HANNITY: You're not saying that's representative of the gay community.

MORRIS: Not at all.

(CROSSTALK)

JEFFRESS: But it shows that there is a tremendous amount of emotion
and tension on both sides. And we, as a country, have to get above
that and to say, Let's use rational arguments and respect and...

HANNITY: All right, let me -- Brian, this is what you've been fighting
for. You've got a Supreme Court decision. Even though in a dissent,
Justice Scalia said, I write separately to call attention to this
court's threat to American democracy, and -- and also Justice Thomas
warning that religious institutions, in fact, could be forced to do
things that go against their religious values.

So I ask you, should churches, synagogues, mosques, if they have a
different view, a religious view on gay marriage, should they be
forced to marry gay couples?

BRIAN SILVA, MARRIAGE EQUALITY USA: Absolutely not. And since marriage
became legal in Massachusetts in 2004, no church, synagogue, mosque or
any other religious institution has been forced to do that and...

HANNITY: Why do I think that this is going to change, though? Why do I
believe that they're going to...

(CROSSTALK)

MORRIS: I'll tell you why, and I would love to hear Brian's
perspective on this. As a priest or as a pastor, in New York City, in
New York state, in the United States, I sign as an officiant of the
state, of the city. I sign my name. And the city of New York
recognizes that as an official of the state...

HANNITY: Legal.

MORRIS: ... signing legal...

HANNITY: Document.

MORRIS: I believe, as a church, we need to get away from that because
I think it's very complicated because I think anytime you're working
in collaboration with the state on something as delicate as this...

HANNITY: Do you agree with me and Justice Thomas and his admonition
that this debate coming?

MORRIS: Well, I agree with two things...

PASTOR ROBERT JEFFRESS, FOX NEWS CONTRIBUTOR: Sean...

MORRIS: ... with him. Number one is Justice Scalia recognizes that
there was nothing in the Constitution that talks about marriage. But I
also believe that this type of argument is definitely coming.

HANNITY: All right, we got to get Pastor Jeffress in here. Pastor?

JEFFRESS: Sean, look, I had a debate Friday night on television with a
pastor of the largest gay church in America. And he started talking
about tolerance. So I said, Well, how tolerant are you? Do you think
those bakers in Oregon should have lost their business because they
wouldn't bake a gay wedding cake? He wouldn't answer my question,
Sean, three times because he thought they should lose their business!

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: Hang on. Brian, answer that question.

SILVA: Well, I think that our country has a long history of...

HANNITY: I don't want the history. Answer the question!

SILVA: I'm trying to tell you because he's talking about why it is
that they should or shouldn't lose their business. And the fact is, we
don't deny business to people based on their race. We don't deny it
based on gender. A public business is open to the public.

HANNITY: So the answer is if they don't bake a gay wedding cake --

(CROSSTALK)

JEFFRESS: Race is not sexual choice!

HANNITY: ... because of their religious views. Pastor, what's your
reaction?

JEFFRESS: Yes, look -- look, the 1st Amendment is not just for
churches or synagogues. It's for all Americans to freely exercise
their religious beliefs everywhere, not just in the church, synagogue
or home. And that's why Justice Alito and Justice Roberts said this
decision is going to be used to vilify those who believe in
traditional marriage!

And that's why I said, Sean, to my congregation yesterday -- Louie
Gohmert was there. I said, We will not be silenced. We will not be...

HANNITY: All right...

JEFFRESS: ... intimidated by the liberal left...

HANNITY: Let me ask -- let me ask...

JEFFRESS: ... by Barack Obama or the Supreme Court!

HANNITY: Let me ask Brian a follow-up question then because I think
this is an important point. If people are practicing their deeply held
religious faith, and their faith tells them that this is the wrong
lifestyle, obviously, they disagree with you. Why not respect their
right to live their faith? In other words, they go to church maybe on
Sunday, or maybe they have a Bible study on Tuesday night. But the
idea is to live your faith 24 hours.

If that is their deeply held religious faith, why not respect it and
say, OK, be tolerant that they disagree with you?

SILVA: I think we do respect people's faith...

HANNITY: No, no, no! But you just said...

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: ... you're going force -- use the force of government to make
them bake that cake or shut them down!

SILVA: Sean, we have -- I think that we have a respect for people's
faith in this country. I think we also have a respect for treating
people equally under the law and the Constitution.

HANNITY: So people then would have to...

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: Wait a minute! So then people would have to bake the cake
under -- forced by the state to do so!

SILVA: They would have to bake a cake for somebody even if they
disagreed with their race, with their religion...

HANNITY: So they can't fully practice their religious belief, I think
is what Dr. Jeffress was saying.

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: Go ahead. Real quick.

MORRIS: I think one way to look at this -- and I understand what's --
what we're -- we're moving in society right now is to protect people
of same-sex attraction as a separate class of people, right?

How about this? How about if somebody comes to a photography shop and
says, You know what? I want you to take a picture of my first kiss
between three people, three of us who are getting married? We think
it's a wonderful thing. The three of us are in love, and we -- you, as
a photographer -- we want you to be the photographer. We want you to
do beautiful art of the three of us doing our first kiss.

HANNITY: All right, we're running out of time, Father. This is a long
description.

MORRIS: That's where we're going...

JEFFRESS: Sean...

MORRIS: ... and that's why...

(CROSSTALK)

JEFFRESS: Sean, you would not make...

SILVA: These are lots of different options and different things...

JEFFRESS: Sean, you would not make -- we could talk...

(CROSSTALK)

JEFFRESS: You would not make a Muslim T-shirt owner -- you would not
make a Muslim T-shirt owner of a T-shirt company -- you would not make
him draw a picture or a cartoon that defamed...

HANNITY: All right...

JEFFRESS: ... the Prophet Mohammed!

HANNITY: I'm running out of time.

JEFFRESS: We would not make somebody do that!

HANNITY: Thank you all for being with us. Appreciate it.

Coming up, a potential major threat from ISIS. The FBI issues a
warning about a possible 4th of July terror attack right here on U.S.
soil. Catherine Herridge has a full report tonight.

Also, NBC fires Donald Trump about comments that he made about Mexican
immigrants.

And later, while the New York manhunt is finally over, "Dog the bounty
hunter" is going to be here to explain how it all ended. That and more
as "Hannity" continues.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: Welcome back to "Hannity." The FBI and Department of Homeland
Security are warning of a possible ISIS attack over the 4th of July
holiday. And they are asking you, the American people, to remain
vigilant. Now, sources are telling FOX News that ISIS views the 4th of
July as a, quote, "key target."

Here with details is FOX news chief intelligence correspondent, our
own Catherine Herridge. Catherine, very chilling. What's going on?

CATHERINE HERRIDGE, FOX NEWS CORRESPONDENT: Well, Sean, Fox News is
told that ISIS is more determined to strike on symbolic holidays than
al Qaeda ever was, and the Republican chairman of the House Homeland
Security Committee, who gets regular briefings, says July 4th is a
target-rich environment with events at military bases and parades.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

REP. MICHAEL MCCAUL R-TEXAS: I'm extremely concerned about the way
these Syrian ISIS recruiters can use the Internet at lightning speed
to recruit followers in the United States, with thousands of followers
in the United States, and then activate them to do whatever they want
to do.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HERRIDGE: Fox News has learned the six-page bulletin from the FBI and
Homeland Security was sent to the Joint Terrorism Task Forces across
the country warning of a heightened risk of a terror assault over the
holiday weekend.

Although the bulletin does not speak to any one specific threat, it
addresses recent plots linked to ISIS, including this failed attack at
the Mohammed cartoon drawing context in Garland, Texas, as well as the
June 2nd confrontation with this man, Usaama Rahim, a knife-wielding
ISIS supporter who was killed outside a Boston CVS after he lunged at
federal investigators who wanted to question him.

And today, the White House seemed to dismiss the bulletin as routine.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

JOSH EARNEST, WHITE HOUSE PRESS SECRETARY: It is not uncommon for
these kinds of joint information bulletins to be issued in advance of
the 4th of July. I can also say that there is no specific credible
intelligence to indicate any threats against celebrations over the 4th
of July weekend.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HERRIDGE: And just this afternoon, a New Jersey man was arraigned on
charges that he provided material support to ISIS. That's about 50
prosecutions in the U.S. in the last year. And Sean, that is a record
number.

HANNITY: All right, Catherine Herridge. Chilling. Thank you so much.

HERRIDGE: You're welcome.

HANNITY: Here with more reaction, the author of "Ally: My Journey
Across the American-Israeli Divide," former Israeli ambassador to the
U.S. -- Dr. Michael Oren is with us, and also author -- brand-new
book, by the way, one of my favorite authors -- it's called "The
English Spy" -- Daniel Silva is with us. Good to see you both.

Michael, I haven't read your book yet.

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: I'm only reading all the excerpts. And I think it's important
to note, in your book -- we'll get to it in a second -- that you're
not as conservative as I am or Bibi Netanyahu, which I think is very
interesting..

But on this specific threat, here you see the rise of ISIS all across
the Mideast, especially in Syria and Iraq, spreading into North Africa
and beyond. And even in Western Europe and even in United States,
you're seeing alliances being built.

Why would they make a statement that, Well, we don't have a specific
threat when in reality, this is a real threat? What do you think?

MICHAEL OREN, FMR. ISRAELI AMBASSADOR TO THE UNITED STATES: Well, I
think, generally, it's a threat, Sean. As my book, "Ally" points out,
you know, America can bring its troops home from Iraq and bring its
troops home from Afghanistan, but there's no detaching from the Middle
East because the Middle East is going to follow you home. The Middle
East is coming to a neighborhood near you. And it's going to continue
to hunt down and try to harm Americans, which is why I wrote this book
to make the point that America needs its allies in the Middle East,
particularly its democratic and totally, thoroughly pro-American ally,
the state of Israel.

HANNITY: All right. And how sad now the Israelis are closer,
seemingly, to the Saudis, the Egyptians and Jordanians, right?

OREN: Well, I don't know if we're -- we're definitely closer to the
United States. But there has been a growing closeness between Israel
and Egypt, Jordan and the Saudi Arabia because we face common threats.
ISIS is just one of them, but the biggest threat we face is Iran.

HANNITY: I believe that from my sources in Israel, and they're pretty
high up, that they feel more confident in dealing with those three
countries than they do with the U.S. at this point in time.

Daniel, what I love about your writing as a novelist is, like great
novelists, you do a lot of -- this is based on a lot of real-life
scenario.

DANIEL SILVA, NOVELIST: Without question.

HANNITY: OK. So you're looking at this threat. What are your thoughts?

SILVA: My first thought is I guess they're not the JV team, after all,
are they.

HANNITY: Good point.

SILVA: I'm not in the business of giving strategic advice to ISIS, but
I'm going to give them a little advice tonight. If you would like to
keep your little caliphate that you've got for a few months, don't
attack the United States on the 4th of July.

I think that even this administration would be duty bound to respond
in a forceful way. That said, if these three attacks that we saw in
the last couple of days in France, in Tunisia and Kuwait gets traced
back to ISIS and fully linked to them, that means that this group
already then does have global reach. And that is a problem.

HANNITY: There's really no doubt about that, right?

SILVA: Well, look, I still think that we are in the sort of phase of
leaderless jihad, that they're being inspired to do this. But I don't
know that there's anyone at central command giving out orders to
specific individuals to carry out attacks.

That said, I had a meeting with a former operational director of the
Mossad recently, and he quoted the famous line, we don't know what we
don't know. And just because we -- there are -- doesn't seem to be any
formal terror command structure in ISIS doesn't mean it does not exist
and that they're not planning or plotting a 9/11 style mass casualty
attack.

HANNITY: Let me go to the other big national security issue, and that
of course is this so-called negotiation with Iran and five plus one
and the United States should be coming to an end tomorrow. Reports
today that in fact the Iranians are going back to the bargaining
table, and that they are demanding that in fact inspections be off the
table.

Anyway, over the weekend you had retired General Michael Hayden and
former NSA, CIA director on FOX News, and this is what he said.

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

GEN. MICHAEL HAYDEN, FORMER DIRECTOR, NATIONAL SECURITY AGENCY: I
actually fear that the Iranians have the upper hand right now. I
actually fear we have painted ourselves into a corner where we believe
that any deal is better than no deal at the present time.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

HANNITY: All right, Michael, let me run through the list. They're the
number one state sponsor of terror. They fight proxy wars against
Israel and now even against Saudi Arabia. You've got a country that
has said the destruction of Israel is non-negotiable. They're yelling
at John Kerry, where we have reports, during negotiations. Now they
vote last week to say, guess what, no inspections. And we're still at
the negotiating table, and we're offering to give them billions of
dollars so that they can build more weapons. What part of this being a
bad deal does Barack Obama not understand?

MICHAEL OREN, FORMER AMBASSADOR OF ISRAEL TO THE U.S.: Well, from the
Israeli perspective, Sean, it's that the deal is not attached in any
way to Iranian behavior. As you said, Iran is the world's largest
state sponsor of terror. They have conducted or sponsored terror
attacks on five continents, 35 cities. And there's no conditions.
We're not saying, hey, we're willing to negotiate with you, but you've
got to give up on terror. Iran is openly saying that it wants to
destroy the state of Israel, eight million citizens, a vital U.S.
ally. The agreement is not conditioned on Iran stopping those threats
and working, and actually trying to kill Israelis and Jews around the
world.

So that's just the beginning of our problems with this deal. You
know, you said earlier that I don't agree with Benjamin Netanyahu and
with you, but in Israel where we have like national consensus on
nothing, we all argue, there is a complete national agreement that
this is a bad deal across the board of the Israeli political spectrum.

HANNITY: Let me go to Daniel. We're running out of time. That raises
the question, why would the president negotiate such a deal,
especially in light of last week's vote, if he thought it was worth --
worthwhile up to that point to have negotiations?

SILVA: Because he wants the deal. He wants the deal very badly. It
will at least partially defuse the Iranian nuclear issue for a period
of time. But when these agreements start to sunset, then Iran is going
to be a threshold nuclear power. As it --

HANNITY: A breakout time of zero in 11 years.

SILVA: A month and a half. And we know how wars start. They don't star
instantly. If there's trouble brewing, Iran can crank it up.

I think that inspections are critical. And if we can't get in there
to see whatever we want to see whenever we want to see it, this is
worth nothing, you have to walk away.

HANNITY: All right, congrats on the new book.

OREN: In 10 years Iran won't have one nuclear weapon, it will have
200 nuclear weapons.

HANNITY: Great point. It's a threat to the world, Mullahs in Iran with
Obama's seal of approval. Very scary. Thank you both.

Coming up, NBC cuts all ties with Donald Trump over his comments about
immigrants. We'll get to that, and we'll get reaction from Eric
Bolling, Charles Gasparino.

Also tonight, Dog the bounty hunter is here to react to the New
York manhunt that finally came to an end.

And later, yet another shark attack this past weekend off the coast of
North Carolina. What is the reason behind this recent spike? It's all
coming up tonight on "Hannity."

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: Welcome back to "Hannity."

NBC is breaking all business ties with 2016 GOP presidential candidate
Donald Trump. Earlier today the network releases a statement which
reads in part, quote, "Due to the recent derogatory statements by
Donald Trump regarding immigrants, NBC Universal is ending its
business relationship with Mr. Trump. Joining us now with reaction
from the FOX Business Network in Charles Gasparino, co-host of "THE
FIVE" our buddy Eric Bolling is here, the only person -- you have to
wear a tie? I have to wear a tie. Bolling comes in 10 years later, he
doesn't have to wear a tie. What's up with that?

ERIC BOLLING, CO-HOST, "THE FIVE": I had 15 years in Wall Street. No
gold chains.

(LAUGHTER)

HANNITY: All right, so Donald Trump has responded in a pretty forceful
way. I agree with Mr. Trump. As somebody who has been down to the
border 11 times, I have seen the drug warehouses. I was there when
criminals were arrested. I know the human trafficking side and the
impact on our educational system, criminal justice system, et cetera,
and our healthcare system. Is he right or is he wrong?

BOLLING: About what he said?

HANNITY: Yes.

BOLLING: I think he would -- given a do-over he may rephrase what he
said. He said you absolutely have to close the border. I'm not sure he
liked the part about there are drug dealers and rapists coming across
the border. I think he could reword that so it wouldn't be so harsh.

HANNITY: The only problem I have is we know Donald Trump. You know
him.

(CROSSTALK)

HANNITY: But this is a problem, because he did say that there are a
lot of people that are not like that. There are good people, but
there's a lot of criminal elements crossing the border.

CHARLES GASPARINO, FOX BUSINESS NETWORK: If he said that --

HANNITY: That's what he meant. If we're going to get so anally
retentive --

GASPARINO: I agree with you. They allow Brian Williams, and I like
Brian Williams, but Brian Williams is an admitted liar being allowed
on a news network. They condone lying, but they won't give Donald
Trump a second chance.

HANNITY: But if you know that it's not true and you know that it's not
true and I know that it's not true and the statement was clarified,
maybe a little clumsy, come on. It seems to me we can't handle the
truth that illegal immigration is a huge problem.

BOLLING: You're right. He's right. I wish -- exactly. I wish he would
have phrased it differently.

However, NBC cutting ties, Sean, this is a bad idea. This is a bad
business decision for NBC. It's a bad viewership decision for NBC.
Donald Trump had the fourth highest rated show on NBC. Sunday night
football, it was "The Voice," it was "Blacklist," and it was celebrity
apprentice. They're pushing that away. Add on top of that "Celebrity
Apprentice" raised millions of dollars for charity.

HANNITY: Good point.

GASPARINO: The passage of time people are going to realize that Donald
really didn't mean exactly what he said at that point, that he was
trying to make a broader point. And this is going to help his brand in
the end I think.

BOLLING: We love Chris Christie for speaking his mind and saying it
the way it is. Donald Trump has always done that. He has done it this
time.

HANNITY: All right, we've got to break.

Coming up, Duane "Dog" Chapman, Dog the bounty hunter, is here to
explain how the New York manhunt finally ended.

Plus, the Memorial day weekend since then, guess what, there's been
six shark attacks off the coast of North Carolina alone. Why is this
happening? Straight ahead.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: Welcome back to "Hannity." The brazen prison break in upstate
New York finally came to an end this weekend. The desperate manhunt
for two convicted murders concluded with Richard Matt be shot and
killed on Friday by a border patrol agent. And yesterday David Sweat
was captured just miles from the Canadian border after a New York
state trooper opened fire on him. Here now with reaction, the star of
"Dog and Beth on the Hunt," bounty hunter Duane "Dog" Chapman. Duane,
welcome back, Dog, how are you?

DUANE, "DOG" CHAPMAN, "DOG AND BETH ON THE HUNT": Thank you, sir.
We're great. A little sleep derived, but other than that we're great.

HANNITY: I've watched your show enough to know this is not an easy
thing to find people, as this -- I never thought this was going to end
well. It ended the best possible way inasmuch as the only people to
get hurt, one guy killed, were the two guys that escaped. But when you
have two murderers on the loose, they're not going to go willingly,
are they?

CHAPMAN: Well, no. These are actual -- both these guys beat the death
penalty. One was also convicted in Mexico of murder. So these were
your top grade killers. They're very lucky the police presence was
unbelievable. They're so lucky that no one got hurt at all, not that
they didn't try, Sean. You know the one guy that got gunned down, he
wouldn't drop his weapon, and he shot to try to hijack a car. But I'm
thinking being in prison so long he shot at the back of the vehicle
and that alerted the authorities.

Then the other guy was walking along the row. You know how that show,
criminals are stupid or crooks are dumb. This guy is jogging on the
side of the road, and a sergeant by himself drives by and sees the
guy. I mean, how dumb is that? But they're very lucky no one got
killed.

The officer told him to freeze just as he was going into the wooded
area. He opened up on him. And, you know, cops are not trained to
wound, trained to shoot to wound. They're trained, pardon the
expression, shoot to kill. So he shot him twice. The guy is alive.
He's very lucky.

HANNITY: But I've watched your show enough. I mean, every time you go
out in the streets, your life is at risk. But you have weapons, but
you don't have a gun, right?

CHAPMAN: Well, no, but we have comparable weapons. We have nonlethal
stuff that will drop a mule. You know, we have stuff if we get close
enough to him, it's just exactly like having a gun.

HANNITY: So with that said, what do you think about should cops have
more of these options?

CHAPMAN: Well, they do. Brother, they do. You know, we've been trained
by some of the best cops in the country. The number one weapon is not
your pistol. You have stages you go through. One is a Taser, one is
mace. And then the lethal force, when you got a killer that has
killed. This guy shot, was convicted so we can say it, killing a
police officers, shot him 20 times. And 20 times, brother. And then he
ran him over after he did that. When you've got a guy running like
that who could have a weapon, that is one of the most justifiable
shootings I personally in 35 years have ever seen.

HANNITY: Well, look, I got to give a lot of credit to the police
officers. Apparently these guys were smart enough to try to get them
off the scent by spreading pepper around. Would that throw dogs, off,
no pun intended for you, the Dog?

CHAPMAN: No, no, absolutely. There was an old show with Steve McQueen
where he broke out of a prison and he tied little like gunny bags on
both of his heels and filled them full of pepper. And as he ran it
left of course the scent. They've both had pepper on them. That
absolutely does work. So they were spreading the pepper as they ran.

Over a 1,000 cops, I mean, I have never -- listen, brother, I was like
-- sirens that literally the ground was shaking. Helicopters, they
were hunting these guys. I have never seen a state -- most, you know,
most guys break out of prison in other states and they wait to pull
them over. These guys hunted 21 or 22 days every single day, every
day, every night. You know, they're moving at night, the convicts --
I'm sorry.

HANNITY: Yes. And this ended the best way possible. But Dog, I've got
to run, man. Thanks, and stay safe on the streets, appreciate your
time.

CHAPMAN: Yes, sir, thank you, Sean, thank you.

HANNITY: All right, and also tonight, the recent spike in shark
attacks on the east coast now have experts scratching their heads.
Another teenager was attacked by a shark this past weekend off the
coast of North Carolina. Now, this is the sixth shark attack in that
state in the past two weeks.

Here now is our Discover Channel's "Shark Week" expert and
cinematographer Joe Romeiro is with us. You know, everybody loves
shark week. It's one of the highest rated weeks in cable. I'm
fascinated by sharks. Why this rush of incidents? What do you think is
happening here?

JOE ROMEIRO, "SHARK WEEK" CINEMATOGRAPHER: Well, really what happened
this year is there has been a huge influx in temperature. The Gulf
Stream traveled up really fast, and bringing also with it alto of
migration of small little bait fish, bigger bait fish, and sea turtles
to the area. So the sharks are starting to move in. And once the prey
moves in, the sharks start to move in.

HANNITY: So as a cinematographer, you get down there in the water with
great white sharks and the rest of them?

ROMEIRO: Yes. We usually do with a lot of big sharks, but we did film
a lot of smaller species this year that were really cool and stuff.

HANNITY: What is the worst that happened to you?

ROMEIRO: I try to keep a very good distance to the animal, a very
good, respectable length and everything. So I've never really had -- I
mean, we have had sharks all around us and we've had really exciting
moments and stuff, but I never really would think that it would called
a close call or anything. I've been pretty safe.

HANNITY: But I mean, if you get in the water with a great white shark
or any of these big animals, they can tear you limb from limb and
squish you. And I'll be honest, I don't want your job.

(LAUGHTER)

HANNITY: I'm glad you do it because I like to watch it. But at any
point, do you think twice about doing this?

ROMEIRO: Well, there is always moments where you sit there and you
think you're dealing with wildlife, you want to be able to keep your
distance at certain times. And I mean, we work with cages at time. We
work on boats. We do all sorts of things to keep the safety factors
for us and the animals.

HANNITY: Yes, all right, "Shark Week," everybody watches it.
Appreciate your time. And we hope that this rash of incidents stops.
Thank you for being with us.

All right, coming up, we do need your help, an important question of
the day. ISIS has made a threat against America. We'll tell you about
that straight ahead.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

HANNITY: Welcome back to Hannity. It's time for tonight's "Question of
the Day." So with all the reports, are you worried there will be an
ISIS terror attack over the July Fourth weekend? Of course, we pray
nothing happens, but are we really prepared? Just go to
Facebook.com/SeanHannity, @SeanHannity on Twitter, let us know what
you think.

That's all the time we have left this evening. We hope you'll set your
DVR so you never miss an episode of "Hannity." Thanks for being with
us. We'll see you back here tomorrow night.

Ubiquitous

Jul 1, 2015, 7:38:58 AM7/1/15
If Obama were president during WW2, we would have lost the war.

Sn...@smack.com

Jul 1, 2015, 11:29:59 AM7/1/15
On Tue, 30 Jun 2015 05:00:00 -0400, Ubiquitous <web...@polaris.net>
wrote:

>SEAN HANNITY: Welcome to "Hannity."

HANNITY???

FAUX SNOOZE??

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

"These gentlemen are the moral equivalents of America’s
founding fathers.

Ronald Regan introducing the Mujahideen leaders, 1985).

Bill Steele

Jul 1, 2015, 1:23:51 PM7/1/15
On 7/1/15 7:27 AM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> But first, after two huge rulings from the Supreme Court last week,
> one on ObamaCare, the other on same-sex marriage, where do
> conservatives go from here?
>
> Now, here's how some of the 2016 Republican presidential candidates
> have been responding. Take a look.

What they're saying boils down to "If you don't like having the Supreme
Court remind you about the equal protection clause of the Constitution,
I don't either, so vote for me."

Bill Steele

Jul 4, 2015, 11:31:22 AM7/4/15