Re: Wow...Obama Govt Removes Computer File Privacy...OWNS Your PC, if you access their system

Message has been deleted

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 3, 2009, 10:34:35 AM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 9:26 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> > access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> > message comes up on their computer...
>
> > “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> > onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> > system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> > this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> > monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> > authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> > authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> > using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> > recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> > discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> > Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> > liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> > had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> > and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> > couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> > OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> > give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> > will.
>
> > Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> Aside from the fact that they are violating the privacy of auto lot
> computers, by accessing the system, the car lot just gave permission
> for the government to monitor and record YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,
> when you took out a loan...oh, my gosh....THAT is what this is all
> about....getting personal information of citizens.  Wow.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton- Hide quoted text -

At least Obama isn't doing like that EVILLL Bush/Cheney and
wiretapping suspected terrorists phone conversations without a
warrant !!! <wink-wink>

Bugman

Aug 3, 2009, 11:11:22 AM8/3/09

"The_Carpathia" <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up. When the auto lots
>> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
>> message comes up on their computer...
>>

>> �This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged

>> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
>> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
>> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
>> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
>> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
>> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By
>> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
>> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the

>> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.�

>> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
>> liberties, illegally. This is much worse. With the Patriot Act, you
>> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
>> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime. Unrelated portions
>> couldn't be accessed. However, here, the government is TAKING
>> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
>> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
>> will.
>>
>> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> Aside from the fact that they are violating the privacy of auto lot
> computers, by accessing the system, the car lot just gave permission
> for the government to monitor and record YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,
> when you took out a loan...oh, my gosh....THAT is what this is all
> about....getting personal information of citizens. Wow.
>
> Kenneth W Clifton
> www.myspace.com/kenclifton

UH. American citizens in a government program. You don't think they need
that information?

Message has been deleted

SgtMinor

Aug 3, 2009, 11:22:20 AM8/3/09

Some things to consider:
1. It's Glen Beck
2. It's a FOX show
3. There's no screen shot of the actual message.

Given that both FOX and Beck are notorious liars, the safe course at
this point is to assume it's yet another prevarication.

And Glen's guest, Kimberly Guilfoyle, adds to the hilarity by claiming
that people who are trading in clunkers are engaged in a charitable act!

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 3, 2009, 11:26:54 AM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 10:11 am, "Bugman" <jmpos...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> "The_Carpathia" <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> >> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> >> message comes up on their computer...
>
> >> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged

> >> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> >> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> >> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> >> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> >> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> >> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> >> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> >> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> >> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”

> >> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> >> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> >> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> >> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> >> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> >> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> >> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> >> will.
>
> >> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> > Aside from the fact that they are violating the privacy of auto lot
> > computers, by accessing the system, the car lot just gave permission
> > for the government to monitor and record YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,
> > when you took out a loan...oh, my gosh....THAT is what this is all
> > about....getting personal information of citizens.  Wow.
>
> > Kenneth W Clifton
> >www.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> UH. American citizens in a government program. You don't think they need
> that information?- Hide quoted text -

Sure. Just like the Obamacare system will have your health records AND
financial records on file. But hey. Obama doesn't track what books you
checkout of the library by Gawd !! So I'm sure you're good with that
too.

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 3, 2009, 11:28:51 AM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 10:22 am, SgtMinor <Sa...@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote:
> The_Carpathia wrote:
> > On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> >> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> >> message comes up on their computer...
>
> >> This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> >> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> >> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> >> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> >> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> >> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> >> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> >> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> >> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> >> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.
>
> >> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> >> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> >> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> >> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> >> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> >> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> >> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> >> will.
>
> >> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> > Aside from the fact that they are violating the privacy of auto lot
> > computers, by accessing the system, the car lot just gave permission
> > for the government to monitor and record YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,
> > when you took out a loan...oh, my gosh....THAT is what this is all
> > about....getting personal information of citizens.  Wow.
>
> > Kenneth W Clifton
> >www.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> Some things to consider:
> 1.  It's Glen Beck
> 2.  It's a FOX show
> 3.  There's no screen shot of the actual message.
>
> Given that both FOX and Beck are notorious liars, the safe course at
> this point is to assume it's yet another prevarication.
>
> And Glen's guest, Kimberly Guilfoyle, adds to the hilarity by claiming
> that people who are trading in clunkers are engaged in a charitable act!- Hide quoted text -

Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a
lie?

Michael Coburn

Aug 3, 2009, 11:30:23 AM8/3/09
On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:28:51 -0700, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:

Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a lie?

**********

Yep.

--
"Those are my opinions and you can't have em" -- Bart Simpson

The_Carpathia

Aug 3, 2009, 11:32:56 AM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 11:30 am, Michael Coburn <mik...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:28:51 -0700, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:
>
> Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a lie?
>
> **********
>
> Yep.

That's fitting...coming from you, asshole.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

SgtMinor

Aug 3, 2009, 11:45:48 AM8/3/09

Beck is an entertainer, and not a news person. He is not credible.
It's a safe bet that he's not in possession of all the facts, or if he
is, that he chooses to ignore some of them.

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 11:53:41 AM8/3/09
The_Carpathia <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up. When the auto lots
>access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
>message comes up on their computer...
>
>�This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged
>onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
>system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
>this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
>monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
>authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
>authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By
>using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
>recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the

>discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.�

I suspect that you are fairly typical of the type who will take this
seriously. Hope the tin foil hats are comfortable.

>Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
>liberties, illegally.

You got that right!

> This is much worse. With the Patriot Act, you
>had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
>and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime. Unrelated portions
>couldn't be accessed.

Are you really so clueless that you believe that?

> However, here, the government is TAKING
>OWNERSHIP of your computers

No, they aren't. Learn to read and think for yourself. If you delegate
those functions to Glenn Beck and Fox, you are just inviting this kind
of misinformation.

>, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
>give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
>will.
>
>Kenneth W Clifton
>www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Bob

Aug 3, 2009, 11:53:46 AM8/3/09
"Michael Coburn" <mik...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:28:51 -0700, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:
>

> Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a lie?
>
> **********
>
> Yep.

A very close minded position.

The_Carpathia

Aug 3, 2009, 11:56:14 AM8/3/09
> is, that he chooses to ignore some of them.- Hide quoted text -

Let's end the debate...the ACTUAL PAGE AND DISCLAIMER...

https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK328ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

The_Carpathia

Aug 3, 2009, 11:57:59 AM8/3/09

Wide Eyed in Wonder

Aug 3, 2009, 12:03:10 PM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you

> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you

> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton

Here's a thought...has anyone at the FED bought a car with Cash for
Clunkers? If so, we can audit them.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 12:03:52 PM8/3/09

>Let's end the debate...the ACTUAL PAGE AND DISCLAIMER...
>
>https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK328ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg

Very good. Now, explain how a dealer's signing on to that page gives
the governments access to YOUR computers,

Wide Eyed in Wonder

Aug 3, 2009, 12:05:45 PM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 12:03 pm, alexy <nos...@asbry.net> wrote:

> >Let's end the debate...the ACTUAL PAGE AND DISCLAIMER...
>
> >https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&res...

> Very good. Now, explain how a dealer's signing on to that page gives
> the governments access to YOUR computers,

The YOUR PC refers to if you are a dealer. However, YOUR DATA in my
post refers (as said in the post...start reading) to the data YOU GAVE
the dealer in their computer. Any government agency in this country
or others can access it under the disclaimer without your permission.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Wide Eyed in Wonder

Aug 3, 2009, 12:11:03 PM8/3/09
> https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&res...

> I await your admission of error...asshole.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton- Hide quoted text -

Still waiting...you replied to another reply, since I posted this.
Where's your admission you were WRONG, asshole?

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 12:20:35 PM8/3/09
Wide Eyed in Wonder <kan...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>On Aug 3, 11:57嚙窮m, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>> > I suspect that you are fairly typical of the type who will take this
>> > seriously. Hope the tin foil hats are comfortable.

>> > You got that right!

>> > Are you really so clueless that you believe that?

>> > No, they aren't. Learn to read and think for yourself. If you delegate
>> > those functions to Glenn Beck and Fox, you are just inviting this kind
>> > of misinformation.

>> https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&res...
>>
>> I await your admission of error...asshole.
>>
>> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton- Hide quoted text -

>Still waiting...you replied to another reply, since I posted this.
>Where's your admission you were WRONG, asshole?

Keep holding your breath.

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 12:37:35 PM8/3/09
Wide Eyed in Wonder <kan...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> >Let's end the debate...the ACTUAL PAGE AND DISCLAIMER...
>>
>> >https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&res...
>>
>> Very good. Now, explain how a dealer's signing on to that page gives
>> the governments access to YOUR computers,
>
>The YOUR PC refers to if you are a dealer.

Okay, so this alarmism that they are going to own your computer if you
participate in cars for clunkers, and Glenn Beck's warning not to try
this at home because of danger to your data is pure BS? I agree.

> However, YOUR DATA in my
>post refers (as said in the post...start reading) to the data YOU GAVE
>the dealer in their computer. Any government agency in this country
>or others can access it under the disclaimer without your permission.

Nope, read the disclaimer. "authorized officials of other agencies,
both domestic and foreign" See that first word? It has meaning. I'm
sure Beck and Fox will not explain this to you, but that disclaimer
does not over-ride the authorization process to which it refers.

And how about this massive invasion of privacy? Ever wonder what it
entails? Nah, that would require independent thought instead of
reliance on Beck and Fox. Here is the personally identifiable
information collected in the CARS database:

: Purchasing Consumers: Participating dealers enter into the CARS;
: Database System information and scanned documents relating to individual
: financial transactions, including PII about purchasing/leasing consumers
: participating in the CARS Program that is obtained by the dealer directly
: from the consumer. Records about individual buyers/lessees consist of
: anonymous survey records containing no PII and transaction records
: including the following PII data elements: a NHTSA-assigned transaction
: code; name and address of the purchaser/lessee; the purchaser/lessee?s
: State driver?s license number or other State identification number (ID);
: the State driver?s license number or other State identification number of
: the co-purchaser/lessee (if any), as listed in the title; and the Vehicle
: Identification Number (VIN) of the trade-in vehicle and the VIN of the
: new vehicle. Depending on the State and content of the sales contract,
: PII also may be found on the following documents required to be scanned
: by dealers and entered into the system: document of title of trade-in
: vehicle (or, in certain States, documentation of paper-less title),
: proof of insurance for trade-in vehicle (cards or letter from insurer),
: trade-in registration, sales summary sheet, and salvage certificate.

Poetic Justice

Aug 3, 2009, 12:43:45 PM8/3/09

What new laws and regulations does the Government place on you at the
moment you link to that computer? Is it suddenly a Federal offence to
lie on a form? Are there some ethics laws that you don't know? What
are the Porn ethics laws? Will that person linking be committing a
federal crime if they have a Playboy Magazine Cookie and a file in a
Cache from having been to that "porn site"..... this looks like a risk
that only should be taken with a Virgin computer that will only link to
that federal site and then you have to worry about information
transmitted being truthful. Will you be liable for someone lying to you
and you not reviewing and checking the information?

> Kenneth W Clifton
> www.myspace.com/kenclifton

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 1:02:27 PM8/3/09
Poetic Justice <Blac...@Talk-n-dog.com> wrote:

>Wide Eyed in Wonder wrote:
>>> Very good. Now, explain how a dealer's signing on to that page gives
>>> the governments access to YOUR computers,
>>
>> The YOUR PC refers to if you are a dealer. However, YOUR DATA in my
>> post refers (as said in the post...start reading) to the data YOU GAVE
>> the dealer in their computer. Any government agency in this country
>> or others can access it under the disclaimer without your permission.
>
>What new laws and regulations does the Government place on you at the
>moment you link to that computer?

By "you" in the above, are you referring to the dealer? Interesting
question. Do you think there are new laws and regulations that become
effective only upon a dealer's accessing the site? I guess there could
well be, if they refer to access of that site.

> Is it suddenly a Federal offence to
>lie on a form?

I doubt it. If a dealer lied on a paper form, it would be an offense
as well. Might it become a federal offense by virtue of being
transmitted to the feds? Good question.

> Are there some ethics laws that you don't know? What
>are the Porn ethics laws? Will that person linking be committing a
>federal crime if they have a Playboy Magazine Cookie and a file in a
>Cache from having been to that "porn site"..... this looks like a risk
>that only should be taken with a Virgin computer that will only link to
>that federal site and then you have to worry about information
>transmitted being truthful. Will you be liable for someone lying to you
>and you not reviewing and checking the information?

These are all good questions for a dealer to discuss with counsel. The
extent to which they want to address such issues will depend on the
severity of their paranoia versus the size of their budget for legal
services.

Bugman

Aug 3, 2009, 1:12:20 PM8/3/09

> On Aug 3, 11:11 am, "Bugman" <jmpos...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> "The_Carpathia" <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>> that information?- Hide quoted text -

> WRONG. Read the posted disclaimer. ALL information...when you apply
> for a car, you have to give a lot of personal data. However, this
> disclaimer says that ANY agency of OUR govt or other governments can
> access that data without your permission.
>
> Kenneth W Clifton
> www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Oh don't be such a drama queen.

lorad

Aug 3, 2009, 1:24:03 PM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 7:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged

> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”

> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton

I was hoping that a change of administrations would initiate a roll-
back of emperor Chimpoleon Jr's 'unitary presidency' totalitarian
freedom-grabbing BS.

Unfortunately, that hasn't happened. Freedom grabbing has rapidly
continued under the democrats.
Now I trust neither major party to defend US citizens.

Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names

Aug 3, 2009, 1:35:03 PM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton

Ken, it's BULLSHIT.

The site that Beck was complaining about was a site that is for the
EXCLUSIVE USE by auto dealers to process cash-for-clunkers deals.

As usual, Beck is lying and so are you.

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 3, 2009, 1:35:14 PM8/3/09
> is, that he chooses to ignore some of them.- Hide quoted text -

Wanna bet??

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 3, 2009, 1:39:51 PM8/3/09
> Now I trust neither major party to defend US citizens.- Hide quoted text -

Maybe you can take your "buyer's remorse" to a car dealer and get a
$4,500 check to use towards more "Hope" and "Change".

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 1:39:50 PM8/3/09
Poetic Justice <Blac...@Talk-n-dog.com> wrote:

>this looks like a risk
>that only should be taken with a Virgin computer that will only link to
>that federal site

While I poked fun at all the paranoia this thing seems to be
uncovering, what you suggest here is exactly what I was thinking. If I
were a dealer, I would think about spending $500 for a dedicated PC
for this purpose, that was not networked with my other computers, and
use "thumb drives" to transfer only the required data to the
CARS-connected PC.

>and then you have to worry about information
>transmitted being truthful. Will you be liable for someone lying to you
>and you not reviewing and checking the information?

And you would be totally irresponsible NOT to address this issue with
counsel. I haven't heard of such a concern, but that doesn't mean it
isn't legit.

Poetic Justice

Aug 3, 2009, 1:44:23 PM8/3/09

Yet it's Leftist Dan Rather that was caught lying to the News audience....

http://outsourcenews.net/j-news/images/stories/DanRather.gif

kim

Aug 3, 2009, 1:49:17 PM8/3/09
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:35:03 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
Names" <old_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
>Ken, it's BULLSHIT.
>
>The site that Beck was complaining about was a site that is for the
>EXCLUSIVE USE by auto dealers to process cash-for-clunkers deals.
>
>As usual, Beck is lying and so are you.

When I first saw Beck on CNN, I thought, wow, this guy is really out
there on the fringe with what he is saying. Who would be stupid
enough to listen to this guy and actually go along with it?! I
watched few more of his shows to see how consistent he is and DING!!!
The guy is a nutcase!!! He is an extremist who fits in well with the
terrorists and neocons.

What is scary is there are people out there stupid enough to believe
his rantings.

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 2:19:22 PM8/3/09
kim <k...@everywhere.net> wrote:

>On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:35:03 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'
>Names" <old_r...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

>>> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>>
>>Ken, it's BULLSHIT.
>>
>>The site that Beck was complaining about was a site that is for the
>>EXCLUSIVE USE by auto dealers to process cash-for-clunkers deals.
>>
>>As usual, Beck is lying and so are you.
>
>When I first saw Beck on CNN, I thought, wow, this guy is really out
>there on the fringe with what he is saying. Who would be stupid
>enough to listen to this guy and actually go along with it?!

This thread provides one answer to your question.

Joe Smith

Aug 3, 2009, 2:44:28 PM8/3/09
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, The_Carpathia wrote:

> Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 07:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
> From: The_Carpathia <writi...@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.congress, alt.politics, alt.politics.usa,
> alt.politics.economics, alt.politics.elections
> Subject: Wow...Obama Govt Removes Computer File Privacy...OWNS Your PC,
> if you access their system

> Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up. When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally. This is much worse. With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime. Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed. However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Clifton
> www.myspace.com/kenclifton

As usual we find the right wing needing to resort to lies. Here is what
a DEALER sees:

This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged on to
the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and

is the property of the United States Government. It is for authorized use
only. Users (authorized or unauthorized) have no explicit or implicit
expectation of privacy.

Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be
intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and
disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well
as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By
using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the discretion
CARS or the DoT personnel.

Notice this does not give the government permission to look at files on
the dealers computer, but rather warns the user that it is watching what
the dealer
does with the files on the government computer. This is in line with the
warning you get when you log into any corporate or government computer.
You are simply being warned that the federal government - the guys writing
the checks - is monitoring the submissions and that these submissions are
subject to scrutiny.

If you and I go to cars.gov we will not be accessing or submitting records
to the government system, therefore there is no need for scrutiny...this
scrutiny is ONLY for dealers.

laz...@sdf.lonestar.org

alexy

Aug 3, 2009, 3:06:06 PM8/3/09
Joe Smith <laz...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:

I agree with this interpretation. However, they certainly could have
been clearer in what they meant by "system" in the second paragraph.
In the first paragraph, they refer to "this system" meaning the CARS
system, and I am sure that is what they are talking about in the
second paragraph. But the first paragraph also refers to the accessing
computer being considered a government system, and that is what the
looney-toons are fretting over. I think whoever drafted this language
should have looked at the landscape out there of birthers and similar
nutters, and worded this more carefully.

> This is in line with the
>warning you get when you log into any corporate or government computer.
>You are simply being warned that the federal government - the guys writing
>the checks - is monitoring the submissions and that these submissions are
>subject to scrutiny.

Sure, but that is a rational observation.

>If you and I go to cars.gov we will not be accessing or submitting records
>to the government system, therefore there is no need for scrutiny...this
>scrutiny is ONLY for dealers.

Jeff George

Aug 3, 2009, 4:09:51 PM8/3/09
The_Carpathia <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:e5469feb-3465-459f-a000-
fd1341...@e11g2000yqo.googlegroups.com:

> Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up. When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> �This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.�
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally. This is much worse. With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime. Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed. However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.

No one is making you do it, dunce.

--
JG, former Quarterback and Lt. General SWIFT (Socialist Workers
Infiltrating Federal Targets)

Soy el Diablo Gringo Supremo

Jeff George

Aug 3, 2009, 4:10:30 PM8/3/09
Miss Ann Thrope <hoofhe...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:7d72cdce-1b2f-47ab-
a419-bb7...@i4g2000prm.googlegroups.com:

> At least Obama isn't doing like that EVILLL Bush/Cheney and
> wiretapping suspected terrorists phone conversations without a
> warrant !!! <wink-wink>

Correct. It's just like a software license. You don't have to agree to it.

Jeff George

Aug 3, 2009, 4:11:43 PM8/3/09
Miss Ann Thrope <hoofhe...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:911f589f-58d7-493f-
828c-c20...@d4g2000prc.googlegroups.com:

> Sure. Just like the Obamacare system will have your health records AND
> financial records on file. But hey. Obama doesn't track what books you
> checkout of the library by Gawd !! So I'm sure you're good with that
> too.

Since illegal aliens like you don't pay taxes you wouldn't understand that
the government already knows how much money you make.

Jeff George

Aug 3, 2009, 4:12:30 PM8/3/09

> On Aug 3, 11:30�am, Michael Coburn <mik...@verizon.net> wrote:
>> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:28:51 -0700, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:
>>

>> Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a
>> lie?
>>

>> **********
>>
>> Yep.
>
> That's fitting...coming from you, asshole.

That's not very christain behaviour.

Jeff George

Aug 3, 2009, 4:13:10 PM8/3/09
alexy <nos...@asbry.net> wrote in

>>Let's end the debate...the ACTUAL PAGE AND DISCLAIMER...
>>
>>https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&resp_
>>id=-1&resp_appl_id=-1&security_group_id=0&lang_code=US&params=1QjBbvK32
>>8ZbUaSUNj3kbu7K3gvpagsk17LptZc1LOg
>
> Very good. Now, explain how a dealer's signing on to that page gives
> the governments access to YOUR computers,

You gotta understand: Kenny's not too bright.

Jeff George

Aug 3, 2009, 4:13:55 PM8/3/09
The_Carpathia <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:14968978-a6df-4dbc-a5da-
294602...@24g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

> I await your admission of error...asshole.

That's not very good christain behaviour.

Ted Kennedy Murdered His Pregnant Mistress While Driving Drunk

Aug 3, 2009, 4:33:12 PM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING

> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton

Seems to me this could potentially invalidate a business's compliance
with SOX as well. Out and out retarded, but then again, it's a liberal
administration.

Ted Kennedy Murdered His Pregnant Mistress While Driving Drunk

Aug 3, 2009, 4:39:29 PM8/3/09

Your first mistake is trusting government. Regardless of their
registered political party, politicians are not out to help you. The
intelligent voter is not someone who votes for the most qualified
candidate, but one who votes for the least unqualified candidate.
Obviously you were stupid enough to believe that "change", "hope", and
"yes we can" retardedness spewed to draw the vote of the
intellectually dead.

Hiccum Blurpaedius

Aug 3, 2009, 4:48:14 PM8/3/09
On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton

Kinda like when George Bush and the Secret Service kidnapped, drugged,
inquisitioned me then stuck a microchip in my back. Hell that was 27
years ago.

Exterminate the Christian Military

Clave

Aug 3, 2009, 9:19:37 PM8/3/09

> Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up...

Oh, my -- it *must* be important.

....the_pc_jellllybean!!.!!!!.

Aug 4, 2009, 2:15:40 PM8/4/09

"The_Carpathia" <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up.

ROFLOLOLMFAO!!!

larrylaundry

Aug 3, 2009, 10:51:27 PM8/3/09

Bob wrote:
> "Michael Coburn" <mik...@verizon.net> wrote in message

> > On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:28:51 -0700, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:
> >

> > Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a lie?
> >
> > **********
> >
> > Yep.
>
> A very close minded position.

Beck, he's presented what he is. Worlnet daily and all, it's obvious
everything they do is anti-Democrat, should we unzip the zipper and
suck suck suck? We don't owe that
shithead anything, because he offers us nothing but paranoid
bullshit.

Does that make sense?

larrylaundry

Aug 3, 2009, 11:25:06 PM8/3/09
The_Carpathia wrote:
> Pay attention. Glenn Beck just brought this up. When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally. This is much worse. With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,

Nope,

> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.

Or broad

> Unrelated portions couldn't be accessed.

Sure, they had an agreement right?

> However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers,

'Computer,' it's not likely they would have access to the other
computers on the local network, unless you specifically allowed it.

> and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.

The computer(s) would be used for one purpose. To be part of a
government network. This would be an agreement to be allowed to be
part of the network.

To be part of the medical industry networks you make agreements to be
part of and connect to the networks. You often have to install special
software.

Ok, privacy, just use an older computer, you could use it on your
local network, block access to
other computers on the network.

You tards don't think that there are agreements to use networks of
buisness government corporations?

John Agosta

Aug 4, 2009, 12:21:45 AM8/4/09

"The_Carpathia" <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

On Aug 3, 11:30 am, Michael Coburn <mik...@verizon.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 03 Aug 2009 08:28:51 -0700, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:
>
> Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a lie?
>
> **********
>
> Yep.

That's fitting...coming from you, asshole.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Hey Jesus man.

What are you doing calling people an 'asshole' for all the world to see ????

GB is a liar. He is a blind-sighted bigotted liar who is everything against
what a decent man, and Christian should be.
He is a hate monger.

Get real, man. Wake up.

Siobhan Medeiros

Aug 4, 2009, 12:22:46 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 8:28 am, Miss Ann Thrope <hoofhearte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 10:22 am, SgtMinor <Sa...@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote:
>

> > The_Carpathia wrote:

> > > Aside from the fact that they are violating the privacy of auto lot
> > > computers, by accessing the system, the car lot just gave permission
> > > for the government to monitor and record YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION,
> > > when you took out a loan...oh, my gosh....THAT is what this is all
> > > about....getting personal information of citizens.  Wow.
>
> > > Kenneth W Clifton
> > >www.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> > Some things to consider:
> > 1.  It's Glen Beck
> > 2.  It's a FOX show
> > 3.  There's no screen shot of the actual message.
>
> > Given that both FOX and Beck are notorious liars, the safe course at
> > this point is to assume it's yet another prevarication.
>
> > And Glen's guest, Kimberly Guilfoyle, adds to the hilarity by claiming
> > that people who are trading in clunkers are engaged in a charitable act!- Hide quoted text -

> Oh,so you feel that since it's a Glen Beck article then it MUST be a
> lie?

Yes, definitely.

Siobhan Medeiros

Aug 4, 2009, 12:25:34 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 9:43 am, Poetic Justice <Blackh...@Talk-n-dog.com> wrote:
> Wide Eyed in Wonder wrote:

> >> Very good. Now, explain how a dealer's signing on to that page gives
> >> the governments access to YOUR computers,
>
> > The YOUR PC refers to if you are a dealer.  However, YOUR DATA in my
> > post refers (as said in the post...start reading) to the data YOU GAVE
> > the dealer in their computer.  Any government agency in this country
> > or others can access it under the disclaimer without your permission.
>
> What new laws and regulations does the Government place on you at the
> moment you link to that computer?   Is it suddenly a Federal offence to
> lie on a form?

Yes. It's called fraud.

> Are there some ethics laws that you don't know? What
> are the Porn ethics laws?  Will that person linking be committing a
> federal crime if they have a Playboy Magazine Cookie and a file in a
> Cache from having been to that "porn site"

Is it illegal to visit a porn site? No?

Then they won't be.

>..... this looks like a risk

> that only should be taken with a Virgin computer that will only link to

> that federal site and then you have to worry about information

> transmitted being truthful.  Will you be liable for someone lying to you
> and you not reviewing and checking the information?

The government is getting that information so THEY can check it out,
idiot.

> > Kenneth W Clifton
> >www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Siobhan Medeiros

Aug 4, 2009, 12:26:22 AM8/4/09

Yeah, I do. I bet you can't name something Beck got right.

John Agosta

Aug 4, 2009, 12:31:29 AM8/4/09

"SgtMinor" <Sa...@the.old.folks.home.invalid> wrote in message

BULLSHIT. Rush L. says he is an Entertainer, too. So does Savage.
You loons like to use the "entertainer" label a lot, when it's convenient.

Fact is, these dolts are making shit up out of the blue, outright lying,
distorting facts,
and then calling upon action from their listeners to affect policies.
This guy, and those guys, are not entertainers. They are liars.
Close minded, right-sided, bald face liars who are making millions
off of listeners/followers of their creed from morons on the right.

Take an Oxy. Might as well eat dope, because you swallow all the dope you
hear.

Has anyone ever explained why Rush is not in JAIL for his doctor shopping
and drug addiction?

C'mon, rightards. the guy was eating 600 pills. All the while preaching
against people with addiction.
Calling for their jailing. How come this hipo-crytical ass isn't behind
bars?

Take your Rush's and your Becks, and flush 'em.

John Agosta

Aug 4, 2009, 12:35:42 AM8/4/09

"Miss Ann Thrope" <hoofhe...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Odds are pretty good, I'd Say.

MACK DADDY

Aug 4, 2009, 2:48:12 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 7:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> message comes up on their computer...
>
> “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> will.
>
> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
YOURE ONE PARANOID MUTHAFUCKA!

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 4, 2009, 7:16:18 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 12:49 pm, kim <k...@everywhere.net> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:35:03 -0700 (PDT), "Kickin' Ass and Takin'

So consistency scares you?? Can you dispute ANY of the facts he puts
forth or are you just upset at the fact that someone has the audacity
to shine the light of truth on your Messiah?

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 4, 2009, 7:17:41 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 1:44 pm, Joe Smith <lazy...@sdf.lonestar.org> wrote:
> On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, The_Carpathia wrote:
> > Date: Mon, 3 Aug 2009 07:24:07 -0700 (PDT)
> > From: The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com>
> lazy...@sdf.lonestar.org
> SDF Public Access UNIX System -http://sdf.lonestar.org- Hide quoted text -

If it's so innocent why did the gubmint remove the disclaimer?? Did
they also stop hacking into computers??

Miss Ann Thrope

Aug 4, 2009, 7:19:12 AM8/4/09
> Exterminate the Christian Military- Hide quoted text -

YEBBITBUSH !!!

The_Carpathia

Aug 4, 2009, 7:43:04 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 1:39 pm, alexy <nos...@asbry.net> wrote:

> Poetic Justice <Blackh...@Talk-n-dog.com> wrote:
> >this looks like a risk
> >that only should be taken with a Virgin computer that will only link to
> >that federal site
>
> While I poked fun at all the paranoia this thing seems to be
> uncovering, what you suggest here is exactly what I was thinking. If I
> were a dealer, I would think about spending $500 for a dedicated PC
> for this purpose, that was not networked with my other computers, and
> use "thumb drives" to transfer only the required data to the
> CARS-connected PC.

Why, asshole? If, AS YOU CLAIMED, this is much ado about nothing, why
bother? Are you saying your data might be at risk...you partisan
fucker.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

The_Carpathia

Aug 4, 2009, 7:46:38 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 12:20 pm, alexy <nos...@asbry.net> wrote:
> Wide Eyed in Wonder <kand...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >>https://supplierpayments.esc.gov/OA_HTML/RF.jsp?function_id=28716&res...

> >> I await your admission of error...asshole.
>
> >> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton-Hide quoted text -

> >Still waiting...you replied to another reply, since I posted this.
> >Where's your admission you were WRONG, asshole?
>
> Keep holding your breath.
> --
> Alex -- Replace "nospam" with "mail" to reply by email. Checked infrequently.- Hide quoted text -

Exactly..you partisan fuck. You reveal your partisanship by REFUSING
to admit OBAMA's govt could be wrong, even when the evidence is
directly in front of you. Both sides are lying to us. I don't buy
into it. You are a gullible, braindead zombie.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

The_Carpathia

Aug 4, 2009, 7:48:41 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 1:24 pm, lorad <lorad...@cs.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 7:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> > access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> > message comes up on their computer...
>
> > “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> > onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> > system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> > this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> > monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> > authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> > authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> > using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> > recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> > discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> > Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> > liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you

> > had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> > and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> > couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> > OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you

> > give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> > will.
>
> > Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> I was hoping that a change of administrations would initiate a roll-
> back of emperor Chimpoleon Jr's 'unitary presidency' totalitarian
> freedom-grabbing BS.
>
> Unfortunately, that hasn't happened. Freedom grabbing has rapidly
> continued under the democrats.
> Now I trust neither major party to defend US citizens.- Hide quoted text -

Exactly. Partisan powergrabs will spell our doom.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

The_Carpathia

Aug 4, 2009, 7:50:56 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 1:35 pm, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
<old_redn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> On Aug 3, 10:24 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> > access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> > message comes up on their computer...
>
> > “This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> > onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> > system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> > this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> > monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> > authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> > authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> > using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> > recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> > discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> > Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> > liberties, illegally.  This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> > had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> > and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> > couldn't be accessed.  However, here, the government is TAKING
> > OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> > give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> > will.
>
> > Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
> Ken, it's BULLSHIT.
>
> The site that Beck was complaining about was a site that is for the
> EXCLUSIVE USE by auto dealers to process cash-for-clunkers deals.
>
> As usual, Beck is lying and so are you.- Hide quoted text -

READ my posts and replies...asshole. All YOUR PERSONAL DATA given to
the car lot is subject to review by any government agency without your
permission, under this disclaimer.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Message has been deleted

Joe Smith

Aug 4, 2009, 9:18:34 AM8/4/09
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009, Miss Ann Thrope wrote:

> Date: Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:17:41 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Miss Ann Thrope <hoofhe...@yahoo.com>
> Newsgroups: alt.politics.usa.congress, alt.politics.economics,
> alt.politics.elections
> Subject: Re: Wow...Obama Govt Removes Computer File Privacy...OWNS Your PC,

Why do you have to lie? This warning still greets the car dealer when he
logs in. Hell, I get a similar warning when I VPN into several networks I
access on a daily basis. That said, this warning has NEVER been given
when a user goes to cars.gov (dealers will log into
https://supplierpayments.esc.gov with a user name and password - if you
supply your username and password you too will see the warning) .

If you log into ANY corporate or government system you can expect
everything you do gets logged. The IP you are coming from is recorded.
Files you upload/download/change are recorded. This is normal security.
Would you expect any less?

Explain what you are talking about when you allude to "the gubmint hacking
into computers" Give an example of when this was done (please keep
tinfoil hat off your head when giving example)

laz...@sdf.lonestar.org

Joe Smith

Aug 4, 2009, 9:34:22 AM8/4/09
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, alexy wrote:

> I agree with this interpretation. However, they certainly could have
> been clearer in what they meant by "system" in the second paragraph.
> In the first paragraph, they refer to "this system" meaning the CARS
> system, and I am sure that is what they are talking about in the
> second paragraph. But the first paragraph also refers to the accessing
> computer being considered a government system, and that is what the
> looney-toons are fretting over. I think whoever drafted this language
> should have looked at the landscape out there of birthers and similar
> nutters, and worded this more carefully.

No matter how carefully worded the network security team worded this
warning the
birthers and nutters would have complained. If they had to make something
up they would have done that too...I mean the birthers whole existence
relies on making up or ignoring facts as they go along. The right wing
has (sadly) become the party of liars and distorters.

Gary Forbis

Aug 4, 2009, 9:39:38 AM8/4/09
On Aug 3, 8:57 am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 11:53 am, alexy <nos...@asbry.net> wrote:
>

> > The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > >Pay attention.  Glenn Beck just brought this up.  When the auto lots
> > >access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
> > >message comes up on their computer...
>
> > >“This application provides access to the DoT CARS system.  When logged
> > >onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
> > >system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
> > >this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
> > >monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
> > >authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
> > >authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign.  By
> > >using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
> > >recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
> > >discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.”
>
> > I suspect that you are fairly typical of the type who will take this
> > seriously. Hope the tin foil hats are comfortable.
>
> > >Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional
> > >liberties, illegally.
>
> > You got that right!

> > > This is much worse.  With the Patriot Act, you
> > >had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
> > >and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime.  Unrelated portions
> > >couldn't be accessed.
>
> > Are you really so clueless that you believe that?
>
> > > However, here, the government is TAKING
> > >OWNERSHIP of your computers
>
> > No, they aren't. Learn to read and think for yourself. If you delegate
> > those functions to Glenn Beck and Fox, you are just inviting this kind
> > of misinformation.
>
> > >, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
> > >give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
> > >will.

Try pressing on the link to http://www.dot.gov/privacy.html
Where does it say "you give permission for them to copy
your whole system and inspect it at will"?

Gary Forbis

Aug 4, 2009, 9:47:12 AM8/4/09

Did you watch him on the View? The clips are sufficient. Now you
may retreat to the claim that not everyting he puts forth are "facts"
but that would beg the question. Claims of facts are not facts except
to the extent that someone did or did not make such a claim is a
fact about claims and who makes them. Colbert addressed Beck's
"reality based" status.

kim

Aug 4, 2009, 9:52:33 AM8/4/09
On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:50:56 -0700 (PDT), The_Carpathia
<writi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Aug 3, 1:35嚙緘m, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
><old_redn...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>> On Aug 3, 10:24嚙窮m, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>

>> > Pay attention. 嚙瘦lenn Beck just brought this up. 嚙磕hen the auto lots

>> > access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
>> > message comes up on their computer...
>>

>> > 嚙確his application provides access to the DoT CARS system. 嚙磕hen logged

>> > onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
>> > system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
>> > this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
>> > monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
>> > authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as

>> > authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. 嚙畿y

>> > using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
>> > recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the

>> > discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.嚙�>>

>> > Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional

>> > liberties, illegally. 嚙確his is much worse. 嚙磕ith the Patriot Act, you

>> > had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,

>> > and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime. 嚙磊nrelated portions
>> > couldn't be accessed. 嚙瘡owever, here, the government is TAKING

>> > OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you
>> > give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
>> > will.
>>
>> > Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>>
>> Ken, it's BULLSHIT.
>>
>> The site that Beck was complaining about was a site that is for the
>> EXCLUSIVE USE by auto dealers to process cash-for-clunkers deals.
>>
>> As usual, Beck is lying and so are you.- Hide quoted text -

>READ my posts and replies...asshole. All YOUR PERSONAL DATA given to
>the car lot is subject to review by any government agency without your
>permission, under this disclaimer.

What large financial transaction is not subject to government review?
When was the last time you were able to move $10k legally without the
government knowing about it?

Wide Eyed in Wonder

Aug 4, 2009, 10:10:48 AM8/4/09
On Aug 4, 9:52 am, kim <k...@everywhere.net> wrote:
> On Tue, 4 Aug 2009 04:50:56 -0700 (PDT), The_Carpathia
>

> <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >On Aug 3, 1:35 pm, "Kickin' Ass and Takin' Names"
> ><old_redn...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> >> Ken, it's BULLSHIT.
>
> >> The site that Beck was complaining about was a site that is for the
> >> EXCLUSIVE USE by auto dealers to process cash-for-clunkers deals.
>
> >> As usual, Beck is lying and so are you.- Hide quoted text -

> >READ my posts and replies...asshole.  All YOUR PERSONAL DATA given to
> >the car lot is subject to review by any government agency without your
> >permission, under this disclaimer.
>
> What large financial transaction is not subject to government review?
> When was the last time you were able to move $10k legally without the
> government knowing about it?- Hide quoted text -

That's under the Patriot act, and it's upon suspicion of a
crime...money laundering. Further, the information shared is ONLY the
exchange, not personal information. However, this disclosure is about
ALL personal data.....ALL INFORMATION ON THE COMPUTER ACCESSING
DOT...subject to review by the CIA or or any other govt branch that
they want to authorize to do it...WITHOUT YOUR PERMISSION.

Kenneth W Clifton
www.myspace.com/kenclifton

Poetic Justice

Aug 4, 2009, 11:20:56 AM8/4/09

Be careful when you suck suck suck, lest your head will cave in again.

Beck is anti big government, that covers half the Republicans and almost
every Democrat.

So we can figure that you want a bigger government and more taxes to pay
for it and pay for more than what we need.

Occam's Razor

Aug 4, 2009, 11:32:29 AM8/4/09

If he called you an idiot..... I know he got that right....

kim

Aug 4, 2009, 1:25:43 PM8/4/09

You are quite under-educated and mis-informed. Stop watching so much
Fox News. The $10k transaction notice to the Feds have been around as
long as I can remember.

alexy

Aug 4, 2009, 1:46:58 PM8/4/09
kim <k...@everywhere.net> wrote:

LOL! Yes, money laundering was a concern long before the Patriot Act.

"Under-educated and mis-informed" is stating the situation very kindly
and gently.

alexy

Aug 4, 2009, 1:55:40 PM8/4/09
The_Carpathia <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Aug 3, 1:39�pm, alexy <nos...@asbry.net> wrote:
>> Poetic Justice <Blackh...@Talk-n-dog.com> wrote:
>> >this looks like a risk
>> >that only should be taken with a Virgin computer that will only link to
>> >that federal site
>>
>> While I poked fun at all the paranoia this thing seems to be
>> uncovering, what you suggest here is exactly what I was thinking. If I
>> were a dealer, I would think about spending $500 for a dedicated PC
>> for this purpose, that was not networked with my other computers, and
>> use "thumb drives" to transfer only the required data to the
>> CARS-connected PC.
>
>Why, asshole? If, AS YOU CLAIMED, this is much ado about nothing, why
>bother?

1) Because even the slightest risk is worth avoiding if it is easy and
painless to do so.

but more importantly,

2) Because it might give me a competitive advantage. There are idiots
who take folks like Beck seriously, and their money spends just as
well as money paid by intelligent people. If I can create a
competitive distinction, I might even play Beck's warning on a
continuous loop with explanations of how my system protects their
data. As P.T. Barnum said, ""No one ever got rich overestimating the
intelligence of the American public."

>Are you saying your data might be at risk...you partisan
>fucker.

Do you kiss your wife and kids with that mouth?

zeez

Aug 4, 2009, 2:25:19 PM8/4/09

mandy pteros

Aug 4, 2009, 2:35:01 PM8/4/09
On Aug 4, 11:25 am, zeez <ultim...@live.com> wrote:

HEY! I was going to do that.

And then I thought "No, this is too recent for snopes
to have anything on it yet". Wrong-o.

Good show.

MP

Poetic Justice

Aug 4, 2009, 4:03:09 PM8/4/09

So the government put that there to scare away hackers?

How many lawyers work for the Government? and they couldn't word this so
that it said what they meant to say, instead they need to go back and
revise it and explain what they really meant?

It said what it said, rewriting it means they got caught saying
something they shouldn't have, what was that?

Aren't you people tired of telling us what Obama really meant. It seems
that that Harvard degree left him short of being able to say what he
really means. We keep having to be told what he really means....

mandy pteros

Aug 4, 2009, 4:16:33 PM8/4/09

Wow! Obama composed that hisownself? I did not know that...

Where in the world does he find the time? It's...well it's
just amazing.

MP

Sid9

Aug 4, 2009, 4:41:36 PM8/4/09

"mandy pteros" <menda...@gmail.com> wrote in message

RRRs say he's the Messiah....Maybe the are right.

Tater Gumfries

Aug 4, 2009, 4:52:09 PM8/4/09
On Aug 4, 5:16 am, Miss Ann Thrope <hoofhearte...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Aug 3, 12:49 pm, kim <k...@everywhere.net> wrote:

> > What is scary is there are people out there stupid enough to believe
> > his rantings.
>
> So consistency scares you?? Can you dispute ANY of the facts he puts
> forth

What facts? Name one.

Tater

alexy

Aug 4, 2009, 5:03:47 PM8/4/09
Poetic Justice <Blac...@Talk-n-dog.com> wrote:

>mandy pteros wrote:
>> On Aug 4, 11:25 am, zeez <ultim...@live.com> wrote:
>>

>>> False urban legend:http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/clunkers.asp
>>
>> HEY! I was going to do that.
>>
>> And then I thought "No, this is too recent for snopes
>> to have anything on it yet". Wrong-o.
>>
>> Good show.
>>

>> MP
>
>So the government put that there to scare away hackers?
>
>How many lawyers work for the Government? and they couldn't word this so
>that it said what they meant to say,

You may not have noticed, but many of us were not confused with it as
originally stated, even if it was not the best wording. The
clarification was to help you, Clifton, Beck, and others of that ilk.

> instead they need to go back and
>revise it and explain what they really meant?
>
>It said what it said,

And many of us were able to understand it.

> rewriting it means they got caught saying
>something they shouldn't have, what was that?

No, rewriting it means they got caught overestimating some of their
audience.

alexy

Aug 4, 2009, 9:40:23 PM8/4/09
The_Carpathia <writi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

In case you missed it, here is objective evaluation of your
"evidence":
http://www.snopes.com/computer/internet/clunkers.asp

For someone who professes a religious commitment, you sure are a
gutter-mouth. I know it must be frustrating going through life having
to have folks like Beck to do your thinking for you, and being
repeatedly embarrassed by it, but by now you should have developed a
thicker skin and not have to resort to foul language in dealing with
those who are able to think for themselves.

Scotius

Aug 8, 2009, 2:55:18 AM8/8/09
On Mon, 3 Aug 2009 10:24:03 -0700 (PDT), lorad <lora...@cs.com>
wrote:

>On Aug 3, 7:24�am, The_Carpathia <writing...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Pay attention. �Glenn Beck just brought this up. �When the auto lots
>> access the DOT computers as part of the cash for clunkers, this
>> message comes up on their computer...
>>
>> �This application provides access to the DoT CARS system. �When logged
>> onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer
>> system and is the property of the U.S. Government. Any or all uses of
>> this system and all files on this system may be intercepted,
>> monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to
>> authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as
>> authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign. �By
>> using this system, the user consents to such interception, monitoring,
>> recording, copying, auditing, inspection, and disclosure at the
>> discretion CARS or the DoT personnel.�
>>

>> Under the Patriot Act, Bush took away a lot of our Constitutional

>> liberties, illegally. �This is much worse. �With the Patriot Act, you

>> had to be guilty of a CRIME for the FBI to investigate your computers,
>> and, then, it was only to the extent of the crime. �Unrelated portions

>> couldn't be accessed. �However, here, the government is TAKING
>> OWNERSHIP of your computers, and SIMPLY BY ACCESSING THE SYSTEM, you

>> give permission for them to copy your whole system and inspect it at
>> will.
>>

>> Kenneth W Cliftonwww.myspace.com/kenclifton
>
>I was hoping that a change of administrations would initiate a roll-
>back of emperor Chimpoleon Jr's 'unitary presidency' totalitarian
>freedom-grabbing BS.
>
>Unfortunately, that hasn't happened. Freedom grabbing has rapidly
>continued under the democrats.
>Now I trust neither major party to defend US citizens.

I'm going to save "emperor Chimpoleon" in my memory bank.
That's too good to toss out, and too accurate.

lee...@ykcwb.com

Aug 22, 2014, 2:40:05 PM8/22/14
This Obama Darpa SOB Has Me microed and millions And I want to Kill His Ass, I want to put one in his fking head. He has Darpa Sup. David Thornton's Cousin Billionaire King Of Porn Howard W. Raymond selling me at Virtuagirl.com in Porn like millions he microed through computer and no believes it! Celebrities under Obama for 2 million a year are right retina eye Micro implanting all USA citizens from a Darpa computer from Raymond's Gov. Condo 72310 Blue Ridge Ct. Palm Desert, CA 92260

Obama uses Jay Leno's Wifi AT&T Service, Palm Springs, CA. Unbelievable! Darpa (Defense Advanced Research Project Agency) Invisible Adv. Alien Tech. Invented the internet.
Howard William Raymond mentally retarded stated Sup. David Thornton's Darpa Agency like thousands of Obama Darpa Agents US and World Wide are installing Darpa Invisible Adv. Alien Tech. micro invisible programs (not a real micro chip) in your right eye retina from the net and from your computer or cell and believe it or not forms an invisible cell phone connection and an invisible cam that can view you at any angle, record, harass or wifi torture you. It's unbelievable! It is Advanced Invisible Alien Darpa Tech. Doubt This Research US Gov. Darpa (Defense Advanced Research Project Agency) Invisible Tech. Cloaks, Airplanes, Tanks., Advanced alien tech. invisible online eye micros.