Google グループは Usenet の新規の投稿と購読のサポートを終了しました。過去のコンテンツは引き続き閲覧できます。

the Browder-Magnitsky hoax

閲覧: 3 回
最初の未読メッセージにスキップ

Oleg Smirnov

未読、
2018/01/21 15:55:212018/01/21
To:
<http://tinyurl.com/ycmwbsl9> thenation.com

Why Are the Media Ignoring Crucial Parts of the Simpson Testimony?
Fusion GPS's Glenn Simpson painted a disturbing portrait of hedge-fund manager
William Browder.

James Carden | JANUARY 16, 2018

.. Yet beneath the sensational and salacious parts of Simpson's testimony lies
a largely unreported story regarding William Browder, the hedge-fund manager
turned human-rights crusader and Kremlin critic.

Simpson's testimony about what he discovered about Browder has gone largely
unremarked upon. There was no mention of it in three leading US publications
(The Washington Post, The New York Times, and Politico), despite the fact that
Browder was mentioned no fewer than 50 times during the course of Simpson's
testimony. ..

In his testimony, Simpson recounted his mounting suspicion that the carefully
cultivated image of Browder as an anti-corruption crusader was perhaps
something of a fiction.

Simpson testified that Browder's "determined effort to avoid testifying under
oath, including running away from subpoenas and changing-frequently changing
lawyers and making lurid allegations against us, including that, you know, he
thought we were KGB assassins in the parking lot of Aspen, Colorado, when we
served the subpoena, all raised questions in my mind about why he was so
determined to not have to answer questions under oath about things that
happened in Russia."

Interestingly, Simpson recalled that when he first met Browder, "I was working
on a story about Vladimir Putin['s] corruption and he lectured me about how
have [sic]Vladimir Putin was not corrupt and how he was the best thing that
ever happened to Russia."

"This," said Simpson, "made me more curious about the history of his
activities in Russia and what that might tell me about corruption in Russia,
and as part of the case we became curious about whether there was something
that he was hiding about his activities in Russia."

As indeed there seemed to be.

During the course of the pretrial discovery, Simpson alleges that he began to
learn about Browder's history of "tax avoidance in Russia and we began to
deconstruct the way that his hedge fund structured its investments in Russia
and, you know, we gradually accumulated through public records, not all from
Russia, that he set up dozens of shell companies in Cyprus and other tax
havens around the world to funnel money into Russia and to hold Russian
securities."

The pretrial discovery also found that Browder "set up shell companies inside
of Russia in order to avoid paying taxes in Russia. ..

Read it in full <http://tinyurl.com/ycmwbsl9>

Oleg Smirnov, <news:om196e$smb$1...@os.motzarella.org>
> Governor Swill, <news:rk88octfdpf5qk0r6...@4ax.com>

>> What is the Magnitsky act anyway?
>
> It's a hoax, to put it briefly.
>
> Ie., Browder duped the public.
>
> Read more about the Browder-Magnitsky case here:
> <http://tinyurl.com/yb4m9p2m> consortiumnews.com
> <http://tinyurl.com/yafgxucc> consortiumnews.com
> <http://tinyurl.com/grb3nxj> foreignpolicy.com
> <http://tinyurl.com/hb4ohwq> nationalinterest.org