Has there ever been a more ignorant "professor" than Barack Obama?

1 view

O. Benjamin

May 31, 2012, 5:54:12 AM5/31/12
Not in recent memory.

The latest gaff from the idiot in the Whitehouse was his insult
to Poland.

How in the hell does anybody insult Poland?

Count on the fool named Obama to find a way.

Bill Steele

May 31, 2012, 2:06:47 PM5/31/12
Whatever he said, apparently nobody noticed it but you.

emoneyjoe

May 31, 2012, 2:31:20 PM5/31/12
No, it was in the news, officials in Poland noticed.

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 4:14:29 PM5/31/12
Every public speaker makes occasional gaffes, especially those who do so
regularly and have almost their every public utterance recorded,
analyzed and commented upon by the media and opponents. Can you cite
one US President in the electronic media age who hasn't made several?

A mere verbal gaffe is not any evidence that the speaker is "ignorant."
The fact is that Obama is adjudged to be a quite good public speaker
by most neutral and objective experts, who lack the partisan political
axe to grind that motivates most of his critics. The right wing meme
about Obama and teleprompters was cleverly created to attack and
undermine one of Obama's strengths, not one of his weaknesses. Obama is
as good at public speaking extemporaneously as he is with delivering a
prepared speech, and he does that very well.

Have you ever done any public speaking at all? What is the largest
audience you've ever addressed? Do you imagine that you could do
better? Why did you put presumably distancing quote marks around
"professor"? Are you unaware that he was, in fact, a professor at a
major university? Do you hold an advanced degree, as Obama does, or any
college degree at all? How ignorant are you? A person who believes
that a verbal gaffe is evidence of ignorance is demonstrating more of
their own ignorance than the speaker who made the original verbal
slip-up ever could.

Delvin Benet

May 31, 2012, 4:21:41 PM5/31/12
On 5/31/2012 1:14 PM, Jeff M wrote:
> On 5/31/2012 4:54 AM, O. Benjamin wrote:
>> Not in recent memory.
>>
>> The latest gaff from the idiot in the Whitehouse was his insult
>> to Poland.
>>
>> How in the hell does anybody insult Poland?
>>
>> Count on the fool named Obama to find a way.
>
> Every public speaker makes occasional gaffes,

Yes, like "corpseman", "57 states", and this howler
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AAMa_X2dM&feature=related

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 4:56:47 PM5/31/12
Or these, courtesy of George Bush:

Families is where our nation finds hope, where wings take dream.

I admit it, I am not one of the great linguists.

For every fatal shooting, there were roughly three non-fatal shootings.
And, folks, this is unacceptable in America. It's just unacceptable. And
we're going to do something about it.

I am a person who recognizes the fallacy of humans.

I have opinions of my own, strong opinions, but I don't always agree
with them.

I know the human being and fish can coexist peacefully.

I know how hard it is to put food on your family.

I know what I believe. I will continue to articulate what I believe and
what I believe - I believe what I believe is right.

I promise you I will listen to what has been said here, even though I
wasn't here.

I recently met with the finance minister of the Palestinian Authority,
was very impressed by his grasp of finances.

I think anybody who doesn't think I'm smart enough to handle the job is
underestimating.

I think war is a dangerous place.

I understand small business growth. I was one.

I wish I wasn't the war president. Who in the heck wants to be a war
president? I don't.

I'm not a very good novelist. But it'd make a pretty interesting novel.

If the terriers and bariffs are torn down, this economy will grow.

If this were a dictatorship, it would be a heck of a lot easier - so
long as I'm the dictator.

I'm also not very analytical. You know I don't spend a lot of time
thinking about myself, about why I do things.

I'm the master of low expectations.

I'm the commander - see, I don't need to explain - I do not need to
explain why I say things. That's the interesting thing about being
President.

It would be a mistake for the United States Senate to allow any kind of
human cloning to come out of that chamber.

Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?

stop thinking about new ways to harm our country and our people and
neither do we.

The problem with the French is that they don't have a word for entrepreneur.

There's an old saying in Tennessee, I know it's in Texas, probably
Tennessee, that says 'Fool me once [pause], shame on…shame on you. [Long
pause] Fool me. [Pause] You can't get fooled again.'

They have miscalculated me as a leader.

They misunderestimated me.

This foreign policy stuff is a little frustrating.

We cannot let terrorists and rogue nations hold this nation hostile or
hold our allies hostile.

We need an energy bill that encourages consumption.

We ought to make the pie higher.

We're concerned about AIDS inside our White House - make no mistake
about it.

Will the highways on the Internet become more few?

Do you have blacks, too? (To Brazilian President Fernando Cardoso)

When I was young and irresponsible, I was young and irresponsible.

You're free. And freedom is beautiful. And, you know, it'll take time to
restore chaos and order - order out of chaos. But we will.

This is still a dangerous world. It's a world of madmen and uncertainty
and potential mential losses.

I think there is a Trojan horse lurking in the weeds trying to pull a
fast one on the American people.

This is a world that is much more uncertain than the past. In the past
we were certain, we were certain it was us versus the Russians in the
past. We were certain, and therefore we had huge nuclear arsenals aimed
at each other to keep the peace. That's what we were certain of…You see,
even though it's an uncertain world, we're certain of some things.

It is clear our nation is reliant upon big foreign oil. More and more of
our imports come from overseas.

I think we agree, the past is over.

And there's no doubt in my mind, not one doubt in my mind, that we will
fail.

The important question is, how many hands have I shaked.

General…I can't name the general.(When asked to name President of Pakistan)

We spent a lot of time talking about Africa, as we should. Africa is a
nation that suffers from incredible disease.

The war on terror involves Saddam Hussein because of the nature of
Saddam Hussein, the history of Saddam Hussein, and his willingness to
terrorize himself.

When I was a kid I remember that they used to put out there in the Old
West a wanted poster. It said, Wanted: Dead or Alive.

My answer is to bring them on. (On Iraqi militants attacking US forces)

******
Or these, from Ronald Reagan:

My fellow Americans, I am pleased to tell you I just signed legislation
which outlaws Russia forever. The bombing begins in five minutes.

Trees cause more pollution than automobiles.

All the waste in a year from a nuclear power plant can be stored under a
desk.

Asked by a reporter in 1966 what kind of governor he would be, the
former B-movie actor is said to have replied: "I don't know. I've never
played a governor".

I am not worried about the deficit. It is big enough to take care of itself.

I have left orders to be awakened at any time in case of national
emergency - even if I'm in a Cabinet meeting.

We are trying to get unemployment to go up, and I think we're going to
succeed.

Delvin Benet

May 31, 2012, 5:02:58 PM5/31/12
On 5/31/2012 1:56 PM, Jeff M wrote:
> On 5/31/2012 3:21 PM, Delvin Benet wrote:

>>> Every public speaker makes occasional gaffes,
>>
>> Yes, like "corpseman", "57 states", and this howler
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AAMa_X2dM&feature=related
>
> Or these, courtesy of George Bush:

Bush is out of office. I guess you forgot that.

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 5:09:57 PM5/31/12
It's generally considered common courtesy to mark what you've cut out of
other's posts with I snip] of something similar. I guess you forgot
that, twice.

What does Bush being out of office have to do with anything here? The
topic at hand is verbal gaffes of public speakers, for which George Bush
was deservedly notorious, and the dopes who think a verbal gaffe by a
public speaker signifies anything of importance. Bush may be out of
office, but those hilarious and numerous Bush verbal gaffes live on.

Lamont Cranston

May 31, 2012, 5:16:19 PM5/31/12
Obama's constitutional law professor, Laurence Tribe, has called Obama
the best student he ever taught. Another of Tribe's students was
Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.

Lamont Cranston

May 31, 2012, 5:57:17 PM5/31/12
He may be out of office, but we will be living with the consequences of
his utter incompetence for many years.

Frank

May 31, 2012, 6:51:24 PM5/31/12
Gaffe?
He said it in the White House where he always uses a teleprompter.

http://www.9news.com/news/politics/270237/166/Poles-outraged-over-Obamas-words-on-death-camps

Bert Hyman

May 31, 2012, 6:59:19 PM5/31/12
In news:FtWdncamA82STFrS...@giganews.com Jeff M
<NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:

> A mere verbal gaffe is not any evidence that the speaker is
> "ignorant."

This wasn't a "mere verbal gaffe."

This was the President of the United States making a prepared, carefully
scripted speech at a major public event.

The fact that neither he nor any of his staff saw anything wrong with
what he said is important.

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@iphouse.com

emoneyjoe

May 31, 2012, 7:44:09 PM5/31/12
Yeah, I just saw on the news he showed up at the
Whitehouse for his hanging.

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 8:03:12 PM5/31/12
On 5/31/2012 5:59 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:FtWdncamA82STFrS...@giganews.com Jeff M
> <NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:
>
>> A mere verbal gaffe is not any evidence that the speaker is
>> "ignorant."
>
> This wasn't a "mere verbal gaffe."
>
> This was the President of the United States making a prepared, carefully
> scripted speech at a major public event.

Don't be a nitwit. Obama misspoke. It happens. Every public speaker,
kings, presidents, CEOs, pastors, every public speaker, does so
occasionally. It was merely a verbal gaffe, and nothing more than that.

> The fact that neither he nor any of his staff saw anything wrong with
> what he said is important.

Nope, not a fact. They did promptly acknowledge the President's
misstatement and expressed regret. So why are you guys whining about it
now? The right wing has already been vociferously criticizing Obama for
supposedly over-apologizing to foreign leaders, so now you want him to
do more of exactly what he's already been criticized for supposedly
doing too much of?

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 8:06:28 PM5/31/12
Yep. Such things happen occasionally. You know, it's odd, but I can't
seem to recall your feigned concern over Bush's all-too-frequent gaffes.
I wonder why that is.

Alim Nassor

May 31, 2012, 8:47:53 PM5/31/12
I've never thought he was a good speaker, he is halting, slow, his
cadence reminds me of a kindergarden teacher. When he is speaking off
the cuff, he is a bumbling stuttering fool.

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 8:57:42 PM5/31/12
He really is appalling when not speaking from a prepared script.

A truly vile left-wing apologist at the L.A. Times, Meghan Daum,
rationalizes Obama's utter incoherence as the "intellectual stammer."
I'm not bullshitting; she really does. See
http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/26/opinion/la-oe-daum-obamaspeak-20110526

I'm sorry, but when you listen to this -
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T_AAMa_X2dM - there's just no way on
earth that the problem is his "brain is outracing his tongue." He's
just inarticulate and *not* able to think fast on his feet. Two who
are, by contrast, are both Clintons, Hillary and Bill, especially Bill.
That guy never stumbled and flopped around orally the way Obama does.

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 9:09:40 PM5/31/12
Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But the neutral experts seem
to disagree with yours.

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 9:38:26 PM5/31/12
The consensus is that he is an exceptionally poor impromptu speaker.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:44:02 PM5/31/12
On 5/31/2012 11:06 AM, Bill Steele wrote:
The Polish people and Americans of Polish decent noticed. All the
Germans and people of German decent notices. All the Jews around the
world noticed. Why? Because Obama is a Kenyan village idiot.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:46:26 PM5/31/12
Yada yada yada. He's the only person who remembers Obama in school, and
why are Obama's transcripts sealed if he was so good. Shame? Affirmative
Action grades? Pass/fail system?
Tribe is probably in line for a Medal of Freedom from the Kenyan.
Roberts can't give him anything.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:47:49 PM5/31/12
Obama is the illegal alien son of a Kenyan village idiot. Without a
teleprompter is is obvious he is a half-wit.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:50:32 PM5/31/12

> What does Bush being out of office have to do with anything here? The
> topic at hand is verbal gaffes of public speakers, for which George Bush
> was deservedly notorious, and the dopes who think a verbal gaffe by a
> public speaker signifies anything of importance. Bush may be out of
> office, but those hilarious and numerous Bush verbal gaffes live on.

You want to divert attention from the narcissist who promised hope and
change and has become the worst President in history. Obama has to live
with his legacy. Even Jimmy Carter looks Presidential next to Obama.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:51:35 PM5/31/12
Obama makes us all miss George Bush. Hell, Obama makes us miss Jimmy
Carter.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:52:38 PM5/31/12
Funny too. He "owned" Obama who tried to again blame Bush for things
Obama has fucked up.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:53:14 PM5/31/12

> Yep. Such things happen occasionally. You know, it's odd, but I can't
> seem to recall your feigned concern over Bush's all-too-frequent gaffes.
> I wonder why that is.

Face it. Your boy is a half-wit.

Igor

May 31, 2012, 9:55:11 PM5/31/12

> Nope, not a fact. They did promptly acknowledge the President's
> misstatement and expressed regret. So why are you guys whining about it
> now? The right wing has already been vociferously criticizing Obama for
> supposedly over-apologizing to foreign leaders, so now you want him to
> do more of exactly what he's already been criticized for supposedly
> doing too much of?

Yes it is fact. You can apologize for a fool only so many times, an
people stop accepting the excuses. Democrats have to man-up. Obama is a
fucking dunce. a moron among the losers in history. He should resign in
disgrace.

emoneyjoe

May 31, 2012, 9:55:18 PM5/31/12
I would have thought the man with nothing but
words to his credit would be better at rehearsing and
making sure staff did all the research on critical
political subjects.

A lot of written words say something different
than intended when words are left out, instead of
Polish Death Camps it should have been NAZI
Death Camps in Poland.

Screw ups like this are what make people
poor statesmen.

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 10:02:58 PM5/31/12
On 5/31/2012 6:46 PM, Igor wrote:
> On 5/31/2012 2:16 PM, Lamont Cranston wrote:

>>> Whatever he said, apparently nobody noticed it but you.
>>
>> Obama's constitutional law professor, Laurence Tribe, has called Obama
>> the best student he ever taught.

Politics; nothing more.

>> Another of Tribe's students was
>> Supreme Court Chief Justice John Roberts.
>
> Yada yada yada. He's the only person who remembers Obama in school, and
> why are Obama's transcripts sealed if he was so good. Shame? Affirmative
> Action grades? Pass/fail system?

Obama's school records being kept secret, due to Obama's refusal to
allow them to be seen, is outrageous.

> Tribe is probably in line for a Medal of Freedom from the Kenyan.
> Roberts can't give him anything.

Tribe is a doctrinaire leftist. He's going to say that kind of crap to
curry favor. He's too old to get the Supreme Court seat he always
coveted, but he still has influence in Democrat circles, and he's not
going to do something foolish that would curtail that influence.

I was very briefly and slightly acquainted in graduate school with Kevin
Murphy, an economist at the University of Chicago; Murphy was an
undergraduate at the time. He went on to earn his Ph.D at Chicago, and
one of his professors, Nobel laureate George Stigler, said that Murphy
was the best student he ever had. Murphy, of course, went on to win the
John Bates Clark medal, given to the "American economist under the age
of forty who is judged to have made the most significant contribution to
economic thought and knowledge." Many Clark medal winners have later
won the Nobel Prize in economics. The point is, Murphy actually went on
to *do something* in his field following the great praise from Stigler;
he has advanced theory in his field. Obama never did that. He was a
lecturer at Chicago, basically just repeating what he had been taught.
He did not do research, did not advance the state of understanding of
constitutional law. He was not a scholar.

Sid9

May 31, 2012, 10:03:57 PM5/31/12

"Igor" <ig...@irogmail.com> wrote in message
Be patient.
Wait for the face to face debates.
If Willard hasn't exposed his empty suit by then, he will.

Meanwhile, he can rehearse and memorize his accomplishments:

http://romneyeconomics.com

Sid9

May 31, 2012, 10:04:42 PM5/31/12

"Igor" <ig...@irogmail.com> wrote in message
Twisted!
Amazing!

Sid9

May 31, 2012, 10:06:42 PM5/31/12

"Igor" <ig...@irogmail.com> wrote in message
Patience, patience!
The face to face debates are ahead of us.

Willard has already demonstrated that he's an empty suit.

Sid9

May 31, 2012, 10:08:06 PM5/31/12

"Igor" <ig...@irogmail.com> wrote in message
.
.
.

See all about Willard's accomplishments!

http://romneyeconomics.com

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 10:10:35 PM5/31/12
If you actually still believe Obama was born anywhere but Honolulu,
Hawaii, USA, it's obvious that the idiot isn't Obama, it's you.

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 10:13:24 PM5/31/12
Don't be silly. Obama is far from the worst President in history, and
we ALL have to live with his legacy, whether for good or ill. Your
hatred of him, for whatever reasons you may have, doesn't make him an
objectively bad president.

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 10:15:16 PM5/31/12
Sorry, he's neither "mine" nor a "boy." But you continue to offer
evidence that calls your own intelligence into serious doubt.

Herb Wienstein

May 31, 2012, 10:16:25 PM5/31/12
Jeff M wrote

> Everyone's entitled to their own opinion. But the neutral
experts seem
> to disagree with yours.

Most Republicans agree that George W. Bush, the 43rd President
of the USA was the greatest speaker ever.

And when he fucked up? It was Clinton's fault.

Republican leadership took us so far! There was 9/11
(Clinton's fault), the great recession of 2002 (Clinton's
fault), the giant crash of 2007-2008 (Clinton's fault), how Bush
and the Republican Congress wiped out a balanced budget in 2000
(Clinton's Fault) and how we're at war now and the economy
sucks! (Obama's fault). Even the crack down on our civil rights
with The Patriot Act was the Dem's fault!

I swear to God! So far I have seen no evidence on Fox News that
George W. Bush even existed!

Is it possible that it was all a fairy tale?

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 10:19:06 PM5/31/12
I'm not apologizing, I was explaining to you slower ones what was
already obvious to those with at least normal intelligence, maturity and
honesty.

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:28:45 PM5/31/12
On Thu, 31 May 2012 09:54:12 +0000 (UTC), O. Benjamin
<inv...@not-for-mail.invalid> wrote:

>Not in recent memory.
>
>The latest gaff from the idiot in the Whitehouse was his insult
>to Poland.
>
>How in the hell does anybody insult Poland?
>
>Count on the fool named Obama to find a way.

It was obvious what he meant, idiot.

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:29:45 PM5/31/12
On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:06:28 -0500, Jeff M <NoS...@NoThanks.Org>
wrote:
He had so many gaffes they called them "Bushisms"

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:31:25 PM5/31/12
On Thu, 31 May 2012 18:38:26 -0700, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not>
wrote:
Bullshit you liar. He gives unprompted news conferences all the time.
He gave more news conferences the first year than Bush did his entire
8

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 10:32:20 PM5/31/12
It's obvious that he fucked up.

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 10:33:13 PM5/31/12
And it was taken, justifiably, as an indication of his weak mental
ability. The only reason jeffy m isn't saying that now is the argument
clearly would apply to Obama.

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 10:35:53 PM5/31/12
Nope.

Apparently, a lot of people consider President Obama to be
bumblingly inarticulate. "The guy can't talk his way out of a
paper bag!" a reader wrote to me recently. "Sarah Palin is a
brilliant speaker. It's the president whose sentences are
undiagrammable," said another in response to a column I wrote
about Palin. It's not just my readers, nor is it exclusively
conservatives, who hold this view. A Google search of "does Obama
have a speech impediment" turns up several pages of discussion
among the president's supporters and critics alike.

http://articles.latimes.com/2011/may/26/opinion/la-oe-daum-obamaspeak-20110526

"...nor is it exclusively conservatives...several pages of discussion
among the president's supporters and critics alike."

The consensus is he's inarticulate when not reading off a TelePrompTer.

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:38:44 PM5/31/12
You are a liar and an idiot. Obama graduated Magna Cum Laude (with
honors) from the most prestigious law school in the country. That
means he is about in 90th percentile which means is is mostly an A
student. You couldn't even get into Harvard, let along graduate with
honors.

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:39:17 PM5/31/12
On Thu, 31 May 2012 21:19:06 -0500, Jeff M <NoS...@NoThanks.Org>
wrote:
What they lack in intelligence they more than make up for in
dishonesty.

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:40:34 PM5/31/12
On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:03:57 -0400, "Sid9" <sid9@ bellsouth.net>
wrote:
Obama is going to destroy Romney. Romney can't do anything but lie
and Obama will prove that to the entire nation.

>http://romneyeconomics.com

de...@dudu.org

May 31, 2012, 10:43:10 PM5/31/12
On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:32:20 -0700, George Plimpton <geo...@si.not>
wrote:
He misspoke, but anybody with a brain knows that Poland didn't run
concentration camps, and by "Polish concentration camps" he obviously
meant "concentration camps in Poland".

Jeff M

May 31, 2012, 10:53:25 PM5/31/12
Often. Being aware of your own biases and trying not to let them make
you stupid is a good idea. But these rightards constantly lose whatever
passes for their minds and get pretty darn stupid in their hatred for
Obama. It's laughable, especially when there's always plenty to
legitimately find fault with Obama for, like any President.

The undecided voters out there look at this sort of stuff, the arch
idiocy of the birthers and the seething, mindless hatred so many
rightards vociferously express for Obama, and they are appalled. So
these witless fools are actually helping Obama win re-election. I hope
some right-wing doofus like Trump spouts this nonsense in the national
media every day from now to the election, and on until the 2016
campaign, when Hillary will probably be running.

George Plimpton

May 31, 2012, 11:13:40 PM5/31/12
On 5/31/2012 7:43 PM, de...@dudu.org wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:32:20 -0700, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not>
> wrote:
>
>> On 5/31/2012 7:28 PM, de...@dudu.org wrote:

>>> It was obvious what he meant, idiot.
>>
>> It's obvious that he fucked up.
>
> He misspoke,

He fucked up. It was an easily avoidable gaffe.

Sid9

May 31, 2012, 11:15:53 PM5/31/12

<de...@dudu.org> wrote in message
.
.
Igor?
He's not qualified to clean the toilets at Harvard Law.

Dano

May 31, 2012, 11:41:18 PM5/31/12
"Sid9" wrote in message news:jq9c5d$8l4$1...@dont-email.me...

Oh now you had to go and insult good honest janitors. They deserve better
than to be put in such company.

Dano

May 31, 2012, 11:42:56 PM5/31/12
"Igor" wrote in message news:jq9708$92o$4...@wieslauf.sub.de...

Obama is the illegal alien son of a Kenyan village idiot. Without a
teleprompter is is obvious he is a half-wit.

================================

Which...if true would still give him double your wit.

emoneyjoe

May 31, 2012, 11:53:36 PM5/31/12
Good script writers would be sure to say "Nazi"
death camps, not even German death camps, the
script writers are supposed to be selected on their
ability to write politically correct.

Something I read said that the concentration
camps were all in Germany, the death camps were
out of country.

Making mistakes that have no political problems
can be funny, and even be laughed at by the person
making them, but political mistakes are never funny.

C. A. Rotwang

May 31, 2012, 11:59:49 PM5/31/12
emoneyjoe wrote

> Good script writers would be sure to say "Nazi"
> death camps, not even German death camps, the
> script writers are supposed to be selected on their
> ability to write politically correct.
>
> Something I read said that the concentration
> camps were all in Germany, the death camps were
> out of country.
>
> Making mistakes that have no political problems
> can be funny, and even be laughed at by the person
> making them, but political mistakes are never funny.

Good Americans know that Bush was behind 9/11, Democrats caused
the Bush recession, Osama ain't dead 'cause there wasn't no
funeral, and Obama is a Marxist Muslim from Kenya who attended a
racist Christian United Church in Chicago.

Crazy? Sell Crazy Somewhere Else! We're all stocked up here!

emoneyjoe

Jun 1, 2012, 12:01:57 AM6/1/12
Allowing a magazine to publish with the cover
saying "First Gay President" is enough to sink the
ship. Many laughed at that, I don't think it is
funny at all, it takes the office of the president
about 20 layers lower than slick willy's BJs.

>The undecided voters out there look at this sort of stuff, the arch
>idiocy of the birthers and the seething, mindless hatred so many
>rightards vociferously express for Obama, and they are appalled. So
>these witless fools are actually helping Obama win re-election. I hope
>some right-wing doofus like Trump spouts this nonsense in the national
>media every day from now to the election, and on until the 2016
>campaign, when Hillary will probably be running.

A lot can happen between now and election day,
maybe Hillary will run as an independent this year,
and win.

George Plimpton

Jun 1, 2012, 12:06:26 AM6/1/12
On 5/31/2012 8:53 PM, emoneyjoe wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 20:43:10 -0600, de...@dudu.org wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:32:20 -0700, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not>
>> wrote:

>>> It's obvious that he fucked up.
>>
>> He misspoke, but anybody with a brain knows that Poland didn't run
>> concentration camps, and by "Polish concentration camps" he obviously
>> meant "concentration camps in Poland".
>
> Good script writers would be sure to say "Nazi"
> death camps, not even German death camps, the
> script writers are supposed to be selected on their
> ability to write politically correct.

That's right. This was not an extemporaneous chat; Obama was delivering
prepared remarks. Even if he wasn't reading from a written script, he
had gone over his remarks prior to making them. This was a screw-up by
a writer, and Obama wasn't aware of the difference.

> Something I read said that the concentration
> camps were all in Germany, the death camps were
> out of country.

There were both concentration camps (Konzentrationslager) and
extermination camps (Vernichtungslager) set up in Poland.

C. A. Rotwang

Jun 1, 2012, 12:11:28 AM6/1/12
George Plimpton wrote

> That's right. This was not an extemporaneous chat; Obama was
delivering
> prepared remarks. Even if he wasn't reading from a written
script, he
> had gone over his remarks prior to making them. This was a
screw-up by
> a writer, and Obama wasn't aware of the difference.

Yeah! Sure! Obama can't think for himself and everybody knows
that. Not like Bush 43, a brilliant orator.

What I like is how we need to change the name of our country
because Mitt's new iPhone app calls us Amercia.

I can dig that. He'll be the Chief, and what he says goes.

Always listen to the boss!

George Plimpton

Jun 1, 2012, 12:39:53 AM6/1/12
On 5/31/2012 9:11 PM, C. A. Rotwang wrote:
> George Plimpton wrote
>
>> That's right. This was not an extemporaneous chat; Obama was
> delivering
>> prepared remarks. Even if he wasn't reading from a written
> script, he
>> had gone over his remarks prior to making them. This was a
> screw-up by
>> a writer, and Obama wasn't aware of the difference.
>>

> Yeah! Sure! Obama can't think for himself and everybody knows
> that. Not like Bush 43, a brilliant orator.

I never said Bush was a great speaker. I think he was awful when
speaking extemporaneously, same as Obama. Bush also was pretty good at
reading off a TelePrompTer, same as Obama.

Alim Nassor

Jun 1, 2012, 7:28:10 AM6/1/12
On May 31, 8:09 pm, Jeff M <NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:
> On 5/31/2012 7:47 PM, Alim Nassor wrote:

With regard to Obama, I'm doubtful you will find many "neutral"
observers.

Alim Nassor

Jun 1, 2012, 7:48:42 AM6/1/12
On May 31, 9:40 pm, d...@dudu.org wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 22:03:57 -0400, "Sid9" <sid9@ bellsouth.net>
> wrote:
>

> >"Igor" <i...@irogmail.com> wrote in message
I can see Obama's campaign now. FOUR MORE YEARS....of this shit?
LOL Obama is toast.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 8:03:21 AM6/1/12
On 5/31/2012 10:53 PM, emoneyjoe wrote:
> On Thu, 31 May 2012 20:43:10 -0600, de...@dudu.org wrote:
>
>> On Thu, 31 May 2012 19:32:20 -0700, George Plimpton<geo...@si.not>
>> wrote:

>>> It's obvious that he fucked up.
>>
>> He misspoke, but anybody with a brain knows that Poland didn't run
>> concentration camps, and by "Polish concentration camps" he obviously
>> meant "concentration camps in Poland".
>
> Good script writers would be sure to say "Nazi"
> death camps, not even German death camps, the
> script writers are supposed to be selected on their
> ability to write politically correct.

You do know what "misstatement" means, don't you? I'm pretty sure the
prepared text or outline, assuming there was one, said something like
"Nazi concentration camps in Poland" and not "Polish concentration camps."

> Something I read said that the concentration
> camps were all in Germany, the death camps were
> out of country.

There were concentration camps all over Europe, although the worst death
camps were outside Germany.

> Making mistakes that have no political problems
> can be funny, and even be laughed at by the person
> making them, but political mistakes are never funny.

It wasn't a "political mistake." It was a verbal error and nothing more.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 8:14:00 AM6/1/12
"Allowing"? How, exactly, does anyone, even the President, either allow
or disallow a magazine to publish anything its editors choose to publish?

> Many laughed at that, I don't think it is
> funny at all, it takes the office of the president
> about 20 layers lower than slick willy's BJs.

The President's relationship with the press is still damaged by Bush's
paying off reporters to give him more favorable coverage and planting a
phony reporter in the White House press pool to feed him scripted
softball questions, as well as by Obama's initial unwillingness to
recognize the Fox News agents as actual journalists.

>> The undecided voters out there look at this sort of stuff, the arch
>> idiocy of the birthers and the seething, mindless hatred so many
>> rightards vociferously express for Obama, and they are appalled. So
>> these witless fools are actually helping Obama win re-election. I hope
>> some right-wing doofus like Trump spouts this nonsense in the national
>> media every day from now to the election, and on until the 2016
>> campaign, when Hillary will probably be running.
>
> A lot can happen between now and election day,

As I often say . . .

> maybe Hillary will run as an independent this year,
> and win.

Unlikely, but stranger things have happened.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 8:27:32 AM6/1/12
Oh, there are plenty of people who are are primarily and professionally
concerned with the art and science of oration and mature enough to set
aside their personal politics in their professional roles. This may
come as a shock to some people here, but there really are people who
don't inject their personal politics into everything, and who don't view
everything else through the prism of their own ideological filter.

Bert Hyman

Jun 1, 2012, 9:53:41 AM6/1/12
In news:bISdnQGMn7w2m1XS...@giganews.com Jeff M
<NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:

> On 5/31/2012 5:59 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:
>> In news:FtWdncamA82STFrS...@giganews.com Jeff M
>> <NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:
>>
>>> A mere verbal gaffe is not any evidence that the speaker is
>>> "ignorant."
>>
>> This wasn't a "mere verbal gaffe."
>>
>> This was the President of the United States making a prepared,
>> carefully scripted speech at a major public event.
>
> Don't be a nitwit. Obama misspoke.

How'd that happen? It was a scripted speech, and Obama almost never
speaks off the script others write for him. Did his teleprompter break?

That's a pretty serious case of "misspeaking," don't you think?

--
Bert Hyman St. Paul, MN be...@iphouse.com

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 10:46:26 AM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 8:53 AM, Bert Hyman wrote:
> In news:bISdnQGMn7w2m1XS...@giganews.com Jeff M
> <NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:
>
>> On 5/31/2012 5:59 PM, Bert Hyman wrote:

>>> This wasn't a "mere verbal gaffe."
>>>
>>> This was the President of the United States making a prepared,
>>> carefully scripted speech at a major public event.
>>
>> Don't be a nitwit. Obama misspoke.
>
> How'd that happen? It was a scripted speech, and Obama almost never
> speaks off the script others write for him. Did his teleprompter break?

You're wrong. This right wing meme about Obama and teleprompters was
falsely but cleverly created to attack and undermine one of Obama's
strengths, not one of his weaknesses. Obama is as good at public
speaking extemporaneously as he is with delivering a prepared speech,
and he does that very well.

> That's a pretty serious case of "misspeaking," don't you think?

No. Only rightards are pretending to think that. They're trying to
make a mountain out of a molehill, as usual.

George Plimpton

Jun 1, 2012, 10:49:40 AM6/1/12
HA HA HA HA HA HA! jeffy m, that's easily the most douchebaggy thing
you've ever written. First, Barry *got* to office in no small part due
to the obsequious fawning of "the press." The mainstream media just
gushed uncritically over him for years leading up to the election and
for close to two years after he was inaugurated. Not one word of
negativity was written about him for years - and you *know* it. Any
damage to Obama's relationship with the press now is entirely
self-inflicted and has nothing to do with ex-president Bush, you
terminal Bush Derangement Syndrome sufferer.

Alim Nassor

Jun 1, 2012, 10:30:27 AM6/1/12
On May 31, 9:16 pm, Herb Wienstein <fritzl...@metropolis.com> wrote:
> Jeff M wrote
>

> > Everyone's entitled to their own opinion.  But the neutral
> experts seem
> > to disagree with yours.
>
> Most Republicans agree that George W. Bush, the 43rd President
> of the USA was the greatest speaker ever.
>
> And when he fucked up?  It was Clinton's fault.
>
> Republican leadership took us so far!    There was 9/11
> (Clinton's fault), the great recession of 2002 (Clinton's
> fault), the giant crash of 2007-2008 (Clinton's fault), how Bush
> and the Republican Congress wiped out a balanced budget in 2000
> (Clinton's Fault) and how we're at war now and the economy
> sucks! (Obama's fault).  Even the crack down on our civil rights
> with The Patriot Act was the Dem's fault!
>
> I swear to God!  So far I have seen no evidence on Fox News that
> George W. Bush even existed!
>
> Is it possible that it was all a fairy tale?

Sorry Herb. Clinton was not responsible for almost balancing the
budget, it was Republicans in charge of both houses. And they dragged
him kicking and screaming towards cutting spending.

Clinton had 8 years in power, 6 years with a Republican controlled
House and Senate. The debt grew the previous 6 years before he took
office, leveled off when he was elected and dropped sharply after the
1994 Republican landslides in both houses.

The debt was then fairly flat for Bush 43's first 6 years and then
exploded as soon as the Dem's took control of both houses.

Remember, all spending bills arise in the House. With that little bit
of knowledge you should be able to analyze this chart for yourself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Federal_Debt_1901-2010.png

Oh, and Herb? Redirecting replies to your posts to groups that no one
here peruses is the surest mark of an internet coward there is. If
you are afraid to let replies to your post be seen, why post in the
first place?

Dano

Jun 1, 2012, 11:54:24 AM6/1/12
"Jeff M" wrote in message

Oh, there are plenty of people who are are primarily and professionally
concerned with the art and science of oration and mature enough to set
aside their personal politics in their professional roles. This may
come as a shock to some people here, but there really are people who
don't inject their personal politics into everything, and who don't view
everything else through the prism of their own ideological filter.

======================================

When you meet some, please introduce me.

Dano

Jun 1, 2012, 11:55:14 AM6/1/12
"Alim Nassor" wrote in message

Oh good. I'll have mine with a little jam on it.

Dano

Jun 1, 2012, 11:56:15 AM6/1/12
"Jeff M" wrote in message

There goes the Polish vote. Maybe we should worry about the German vote
too.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 11:58:29 AM6/1/12
The self-selected subset of newsgroup participants, particularly those
who frequent the more political lists, is not a representative sample of
the larger populace.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 12:00:13 PM6/1/12
Like Bush lost the Japanese vote when he puked into the lap of Japan's
Prime Minister?

emoneyjoe

Jun 1, 2012, 1:05:55 PM6/1/12
On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 07:03:21 -0500, Jeff M <NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:

>On 5/31/2012 10:53 PM, emoneyjoe wrote:
>> On Thu, 31 May 2012 20:43:10 -0600, de...@dudu.org wrote:

>>> He misspoke, but anybody with a brain knows that Poland didn't run
>>> concentration camps, and by "Polish concentration camps" he obviously
>>> meant "concentration camps in Poland".
>>
>> Good script writers would be sure to say "Nazi"
>> death camps, not even German death camps, the
>> script writers are supposed to be selected on their
>> ability to write politically correct.
>
>You do know what "misstatement" means, don't you?

In diplomatic circles, there should be _NO_
misstatements. Is it possible the experienced
diplomat service employees were replaced with
trash acquaintances?

>I'm pretty sure the
>prepared text or outline, assuming there was one, said something like
>"Nazi concentration camps in Poland" and not "Polish concentration camps."

I didn't hear what he actually said, all I heard was
something about a Polish official being upset.

You shouldn't assume, if he would have read
prepared script that said Nazi concentration camps,
I think he would have remembered.

>> Something I read said that the concentration
>> camps were all in Germany, the death camps were
>> out of country.
>
>There were concentration camps all over Europe, although the worst death
>camps were outside Germany.

I hope the hard feelings can be repaired.

>> Making mistakes that have no political problems
>> can be funny, and even be laughed at by the person
>> making them, but political mistakes are never funny.
>
>It wasn't a "political mistake." It was a verbal error and nothing more.

No, it was a very serious political mistake, it sounds
as though you have no idea what diplomacy means,
I sure hope the president does.

emoneyjoe

Jun 1, 2012, 1:10:30 PM6/1/12
I don't know, but after this, editors should be
warned to print the truth, if there is no recourse
at present, congress should enable one, freedom
of the press does not allow slander.

Dano

Jun 1, 2012, 3:37:27 PM6/1/12
"Jeff M" wrote in message

Or when he decided it was appropriate to start massaging the German
chancellor's shoulders at a the G8 summit?

Dano

Jun 1, 2012, 3:48:54 PM6/1/12
"Jeff M" wrote in message

Well one can hope. I'd say we have had different experiences in our travels
though if you have found that to be true. I would suggest that, face to
face, folks bite their tongues a bit more than you realize. Of course the
false bravado of idiots commenting anonymously brings out more truth than
the same people's public utterances. Do you think these same folks would
say these things as openly in public...where they would get slapped down?
Literally and figuratively. But the extreme talk aside...I honestly think
the vast majority are pretty much already on one side or the other. Just
the way it is. Now the more moderate among us MIGHT be swayed to another
more moderate member of either major party. Which is where many elections
are won. But the majority of either side of the political spectrum will
stick to the same side. That's all I'm saying.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 4:29:54 PM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 12:05 PM, emoneyjoe wrote:
[snip]
>> You do know what "misstatement" means, don't you?
>
> In diplomatic circles, there should be _NO_
> misstatements. Is it possible the experienced
> diplomat service employees were replaced with
> trash acquaintances?

No. Although something like that did happen during the Bush years.
http://www.motherjones.com/mojo/2007/06/unqualified-employees-state-dept-repeating-pentagons-and-cpas-mistakes-iraq

>> I'm pretty sure the
>> prepared text or outline, assuming there was one, said something like
>> "Nazi concentration camps in Poland" and not "Polish concentration camps."
>
> I didn't hear what he actually said, all I heard was
> something about a Polish official being upset.
>
> You shouldn't assume, if he would have read
> prepared script that said Nazi concentration camps,
> I think he would have remembered.

Dunno.

>>> Something I read said that the concentration
>>> camps were all in Germany, the death camps were
>>> out of country.
>>
>> There were concentration camps all over Europe, although the worst death
>> camps were outside Germany.
>
> I hope the hard feelings can be repaired.

They already are

>>> Making mistakes that have no political problems
>>> can be funny, and even be laughed at by the person
>>> making them, but political mistakes are never funny.
>>
>> It wasn't a "political mistake." It was a verbal error and nothing more.
>
> No, it was a very serious political mistake, it sounds
> as though you have no idea what diplomacy means,
> I sure hope the president does.

I know what diplomacy means, and what diplomatic events are and aren't,
unlike your sort. Neither the speech nor the event he was speaking at
was a diplomatic event. He was awarding the Medal of Freedom to a 13
recipients at the White House, including people like rock star Bob Dylan
and author Toni Morrison. It was about as routine as official
Presidential activities get, and certainly wasn't an affair of state.

One posthumous awardee, Jan Karski, was a Polish resistance fighter who
later became an American college professor. When describing his efforts
to bring out information about Nazi atrocities in Poland, Obama said
"Polish concentration camps." Although technically correct, Polish
officialdom is very sensitive lest anyone, anywhere ever think the Poles
were the ones running the death camps in Poland. (the rather murky
history of Poland with respect to their treatment of Jews aside)

But it wasn't a diplomatic event, as you wrongly think. It was just a
rather routine White House event. I think C-SPAN was the only media
even carrying the video feed. It certainly wasn't on anywhere near the
same level as G.H.W. Bush's vomiting into the lap of the Japanese Prime
Minister at an official state dinner in Japan, or Bush's horrifying
"neck rub" of German Chancellor Angela Merkel at the official G8 Summit
of world leaders in Russia. Those were clear;y diplomatic events with
heavy press coverage, and far more embarrassing than this was.

Obama had visited a memorial to victims of Nazi persecution in the
Warsaw Ghetto. He spoke in 2010 about the bravery of Poles during World
War II, at a ceremony for the 65th anniversary of the liberation of
Auschwitz, and again last month at the United States Holocaust Memorial
Museum in Washington. Contrast that with Reagan's wreath-laying
ceremony at a German military cemetery where former Nazi Waffen-SS
soldiers were buried.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 4:35:32 PM6/1/12
At least his Dad's puking can be understood as merely a sudden malady,
no matter how offensive to Japanese cultural sensitivities it was. Bush
the Lesser seemed to have an affinity for weird behavior at those
international state events, to our frequent national embarrassment.

Sid9

Jun 1, 2012, 4:44:35 PM6/1/12

"Bert Hyman" <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in message
.
.
.

Got anything better against Obama?
This item is just so much bullshit

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 4:49:19 PM6/1/12
I'd hate to imagine how some of these extremists behave in real life.
But my comment wasn't about people's personal political orientation, but
rather about their ability to set aside their personal politics in
settings where they should play no role, such as in their professional
activities, in reference to public speaking experts evaluating Obama's
oratorical talents.

My point was merely that the extremists we find here aren't like most
normal folks, because they wouldn't be able to set aside their political
extremism, even in situations where politics clearly don't belong. It
would be a stretch to think some of some of them are actually capable of
having anything like a profession. But one could easily imagine one of
them, let's say, spitting into the french fries before passing them
through the drive-up window to a customer wearing a political campaign
button they didn't like.

William December Starr

Jun 1, 2012, 4:54:33 PM6/1/12
In article <C5adnWenafWzuFXS...@giganews.com>,
Jeff M <NoS...@NoThanks.Org> said:

> On 5/31/2012 8:50 PM, Igor wrote:
>
>> You want to divert attention from the narcissist who promised
>> hope and change and has become the worst President in
>> history. Obama has to live with his legacy. Even Jimmy Carter
>> looks Presidential next to Obama.
>
> Don't be silly. Obama is far from the worst President in history,
> and we ALL have to live with his legacy, whether for good or ill.
> Your hatred of him, for whatever reasons you may have, doesn't
> make him an objectively bad president.

But for people like Igor, hatred is the only thing that matters.

-- wds

Sid9

Jun 1, 2012, 5:14:14 PM6/1/12

"William December Starr" <wds...@panix.com> wrote in message
,
,
,
That's all they have.

They have a black man smarter than they are,
better educated than they are,
having accomplished more than they ever will
and

have nothing else.

Frank

Jun 1, 2012, 6:00:19 PM6/1/12
On 5/31/2012 8:06 PM, Jeff M wrote:
> On 5/31/2012 5:51 PM, Frank wrote:

>>> Every public speaker makes occasional gaffes, especially those who do so
>>> regularly and have almost their every public utterance recorded,
>>> analyzed and commented upon by the media and opponents. Can you cite one
>>> US President in the electronic media age who hasn't made several?
>>>
>>> A mere verbal gaffe is not any evidence that the speaker is "ignorant."
>>> The fact is that Obama is adjudged to be a quite good public speaker by
>>> most neutral and objective experts, who lack the partisan political axe
>>> to grind that motivates most of his critics. The right wing meme about
>>> Obama and teleprompters was cleverly created to attack and undermine one
>>> of Obama's strengths, not one of his weaknesses. Obama is as good at
>>> public speaking extemporaneously as he is with delivering a prepared
>>> speech, and he does that very well.
>>>
>>> Have you ever done any public speaking at all? What is the largest
>>> audience you've ever addressed? Do you imagine that you could do better?
>>> Why did you put presumably distancing quote marks around "professor"?
>>> Are you unaware that he was, in fact, a professor at a major university?
>>> Do you hold an advanced degree, as Obama does, or any college degree at
>>> all? How ignorant are you? A person who believes that a verbal gaffe is
>>> evidence of ignorance is demonstrating more of their own ignorance than
>>> the speaker who made the original verbal slip-up ever could.
>>>

>> Gaffe?
>
> Yep. Such things happen occasionally. You know, it's odd, but I can't
> seem to recall your feigned concern over Bush's all-too-frequent gaffes.
> I wonder why that is.

Bush was syntactically challenged but the facts were there.

Just imagine what the press would have done if Bush said we had 57 states.

It does not take a brilliant mind to read off a teleprompter but Obama
is good at it. I have just as much, maybe more education, but am not
good at reading. It is a serious mistake to believe that someone that
reads well, thinks well.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 6:12:22 PM6/1/12
Sometimes, sometimes not.

> Just imagine what the press would have done if Bush said we had 57 states.

I doubt it matters much to the press which President it is that screws up.

> It does not take a brilliant mind to read off a teleprompter but Obama
> is good at it. I have just as much, maybe more education, but am not
> good at reading. It is a serious mistake to believe that someone that
> reads well, thinks well.

Obama appears to have both excellent oratorical and excellent critical
cognition skills. I know from experience that it would be pretty hard
for anyone who doesn't think well to earn a law degree with honors, as
Obama did. I'm curious, though, in what field did you earn your
doctorate, given that you describe yourself as "not good at reading"?

Bert

Jun 1, 2012, 6:26:04 PM6/1/12
In news:jqb9jm$1tg$1...@dont-email.me "Sid9" <sid9@ bellsouth.net> wrote:

> This item is just so much bullshit

But all of your items are so much bullshit. What's your point?

--
be...@iphouse.com St. Paul, MN

Ubiquitous

Jun 1, 2012, 6:44:26 PM6/1/12
alimn...@yahoo.com wrote:

>I've never thought he was a good speaker, he is halting, slow, his
>cadence reminds me of a kindergarden teacher. When he is speaking off
>the cuff, he is a bumbling stuttering fool.

I felt that was from the begining. His speech at the Democrat convention
wasn't noteworthy at all, save for the excessive use of leftist
cliches.

--
It's now time for healing, and for fixing the damage the Democrats did
to America.

Ubiquitous

Jun 1, 2012, 7:08:01 PM6/1/12
inv...@not-for-mail.invalid wrote:

>Not in recent memory.

Calling him a "professor" is putting it loosely.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 7:13:40 PM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 6:08 PM, Ubiquitous wrote:
> inv...@not-for-mail.invalid wrote:
>
>> Not in recent memory.
>
> Calling him a "professor" is putting it loosely.

Well, that's what the university where he taught called him.

Delvin Benet

Jun 1, 2012, 7:18:24 PM6/1/12
He was a lecturer. He didn't have tenure and wasn't on a tenure track.
He did not have the same stature as other leftist law professors like
Laurence Tribe or Kathleen Sullivan. He did not do research or publish
scholarly articles.

emoneyjoe

Jun 1, 2012, 7:20:27 PM6/1/12
And other things can be involved.

By the end of the war in 1945, I had read more than
most people read in a lifetime, every science fiction pulp
magazine, every comic book, the Jack Armstrong books,
and quite a few other books.
Just the Amazing Stories and Fantastic Stories were
fantastic, I avoided the monster stories, owned at one
time or another every Superman and Batman comic
published before 1945.

But in 1944, something happened that made it
impossible for me to ever do public speaking, or
even to participate in any way in a public event.
I lied about my age, got a job at age 15 in
a local theater, and during the bingo door prize
session, I helped the manager, moving props,
and handing the tickets and money back and
forth.
Then one day the manager was sick, and I
had to run the whole bingo thing myself.
I did the bingo, and then called a couple
of adult and a junior door prize, and then
for ready to do the children's door prize.
I tried to repeat what the manager did,
and said, "and here is one for the kiddies",
and the audience roared.

I finished, but could not figure out why
they laughed, did it sound like I said, "here
is one for the titties", or did they laugh
because I was so young saying that,
or did something else happen I didn't
see.

I still cannot walk into a room with
more than 3 people if I have to say
or interact with them, and I have a
severe cognition problem, I finally
figure things out, but it takes time,
and I never could remember faces
or names, even though I have
turtle recall.

So I can feel for those that make
mistakes, except if they are funny,
it is great, as long as the scapegoat
can laugh at himself.

emoneyjoe

Jun 1, 2012, 7:26:57 PM6/1/12
A doctor of law degree is not the same as a science
degree, law require memory and understanding, do you
know if a law degree requires any original work at all
in a dissertation?

Used car salesmen and insurance salesmen and
Fuller Brusk men are good talkers too.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 7:27:58 PM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 6:18 PM, Delvin Benet wrote:
> On 6/1/2012 4:13 PM, Jeff M wrote:

>>> Calling him a "professor" is putting it loosely.
>>
>> Well, that's what the university where he taught called him.
>
> He was a lecturer. [snip]

University of Chicago Law School's official statement on the matter:

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama,
especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his
election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor
in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior
Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses
per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law
School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or
tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of
Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law
School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public
service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12
years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the
faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.

Sid9

Jun 1, 2012, 7:27:55 PM6/1/12

"Bert" <be...@iphouse.com> wrote in message
,
,
Bertie, you people have nothing else but bullshit.
Obama is smarter than you are.
Obama is better educated than you are.
Obama has accomplished more in his life than you have.

Considering the outlandish mess Republican bush,jr left him, and considering
the Republican racism in congress, he's done one fine job!

None of you would have that loser Republican bush,jr back, yet you offer up
an empty suit whose business success consists of ripping off the public and
American workers.

http://romneyeconomics.com

Envy and racism is all you've got...both potent weapons to be overcome.

alt.idiots? Is that a newsgroup for your family?

emoneyjoe

Jun 1, 2012, 7:32:54 PM6/1/12
In France, don't the call elementary school
teachers professor?

How is Obama's degree any different than any
other lawyer.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 7:33:49 PM6/1/12
Yes, of course a law school generally requires original written works of
publishable quality. Although I cannot speak of every single American
law school, I know mine certainly required extensive writing on a
variety of legal subjects.

> Used car salesmen and insurance salesmen and
> Fuller Brusk men are good talkers too.

But very few of them received a Doctorate of Jurisprudence with Honors,
I'd imagine, and that requires more than a glib tongue or the ability to
sell stuff.

Delvin Benet

Jun 1, 2012, 7:36:29 PM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 4:27 PM, Jeff M wrote:
> On 6/1/2012 6:18 PM, Delvin Benet wrote:

>>> Well, that's what the university where he taught called him.
>>
>> He was a lecturer. [snip]
>
> University of Chicago Law School's official statement on the matter:

He was a lecturer, not a professor. Cut the nonsense.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 7:44:32 PM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 6:20 PM, emoneyjoe wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:00:19 -0400, Frank
[snip]
>> It does not take a brilliant mind to read off a teleprompter but Obama
>> is good at it. I have just as much, maybe more education, but am not
>> good at reading. It is a serious mistake to believe that someone that
>> reads well, thinks well.
>
> And other things can be involved.
>
> By the end of the war in 1945, I had read more than
> most people read in a lifetime, every science fiction pulp
> magazine, every comic book, the Jack Armstrong books,
> and quite a few other books.
> Just the Amazing Stories and Fantastic Stories were
> fantastic, I avoided the monster stories, owned at one
> time or another every Superman and Batman comic
> published before 1945. [snip]

I didn't realize you were such an erudite intellectual. I enjoy good
science fiction, too, and I have also read some of the Golden Age - John
W. Campbell era works. Much of science fiction is very well written,
thoughtful and occasionally even intellectually challenging or
enlightening. But having consumed a diet composed of pulp fiction and
comic books, no matter how voluminous, does not qualify you as being
what most people would consider to be well-read.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 7:49:07 PM6/1/12
On 6/1/2012 6:32 PM, emoneyjoe wrote:
> On Fri, 01 Jun 2012 18:13:40 -0500, Jeff M<NoS...@NoThanks.Org> wrote:

>>> Calling him a "professor" is putting it loosely.
>>
>> Well, that's what the university where he taught called him.
>
> In France, don't the call elementary school
> teachers professor?

I have no idea.

> How is Obama's degree any different than any
> other lawyer.

There are some differences among law degrees, but none worth going into.
The point isn't the differences, if any, among law school graduates,
but rather the errant silliness of those who would try to claim that
Obama is somehow markedly deficient in critical thinking skills or
intellectual attainment, with his law degree and career success proving
otherwise.

Jeff M

Jun 1, 2012, 7:52:58 PM6/1/12
You cut out the facts that proved you wrong. There's your nonsense.

I might add that you aren't even correct about Professor Obama being a
"lecturer." As the UC Law School explained, "Senior Lecturer is
distinct from the title of Lecturer."

Here it is again, in case you want to snip it out again:

The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama,
especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his
election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a
*professor* in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He
was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught
three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of
the Law School faculty and are regarded as *professors*, although not
full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from
the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each
of the Law School’s Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in
politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several
times during his 12 years as a *professor* in the Law School, Obama was
It is loading more messages.