Re: "Trump proposes US citizenship plan for 1.8 mn undocumented immigrants"

#BeamMeUpScotty

Jan 26, 2018, 12:28:33 PM1/26/18
On 01/26/2018 09:20 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> David Hartung <d_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-proposes-us-citizenship-plan-1-8-mn-00
>> 1326919.html
>>
>> If I understand correctly, the plan has four main parts.
>>
>> 1. Provides a path to citizenship for those brought here illegally as
>> children.
>>
>> 2. It ends preferred immigration status for extended family members of
>> naturalized citizens.
>>
>> 3. It funds the "Wall".
>>
>> 4. It ends a green card lottery system put in place in 1990.
>>
>> Not perfect by by means, but it is workable. I will be interested to
>> see what the final law looks like.
>>

> Where is that "path to citizenship" for DACA
> people who have ALREADY been deported?

Democrats stalling and shutting down government caused that, Maybe the
Democrats learned something about their own arrogance.... It would be a
shame if those people were actually deported for nothing.

In the end all they have to blame is the Democrats who used them as if
they were expendable and treated them as pawns.

--

*From the Bill of Rights*
And Amendments to the U.S. Constitution

Amendment XIV
Section 1. All persons born or naturalized in the United States, and
subject to the jurisdiction thereof, are citizens of the United States
and of the State wherein they reside. No State shall make or enforce any
law which shall abridge the privileges or immunities of citizens of the
United States; nor shall any State deprive any person of life, liberty,
or property, without due process of law; nor deny to any person within
its jurisdiction the equal protection of the laws.

Section 2. Representatives shall be apportioned among the several States
according to their respective numbers, counting the whole number of
persons in each State, excluding Indians not taxed. But when the right
to vote at any election for the choice of electors for President and
Vice President of the United States, Representatives in Congress, the
Executive and Judicial officers of a State, or the members of the
Legislature thereof, is denied to any of the male inhabitants of such
State, being twenty-one years of age, and citizens of the United States,
or in any way abridged, except for participation in rebellion, or other
crime, the basis of representation therein shall be reduced in the
proportion which the number of such male citizens shall bear to the
whole number of male citizens twenty-one years of age in such State.

Section 3. No person shall be a Senator or Representative in Congress,
or elector of President and Vice President, or hold any office, civil or
military, under the United States, or under any State, who, having
previously taken an oath, as a member of Congress, or as an officer of
the United States, or as a member of any State legislature, or as an
executive or judicial officer of any State, to support the Constitution
of the United States, shall have engaged in insurrection or rebellion
against the same, or given aid or comfort to the enemies thereof. But
Congress may by a vote of two-thirds of each House, remove such disability.

Section 4. The validity of the public debt of the United States,
authorized by law, including debts incurred for payment of pensions and
bounties for services in suppressing insurrection or rebellion, shall
not be questioned. But neither the United States nor any State shall
assume or pay any debt or obligation incurred in aid of insurrection or
rebellion against the United States, or any claim for the loss or
emancipation of any slave; but all such debts, obligations and claims
shall be held illegal and void.

Section 5. The Congress shall have power to enforce, by appropriate
legislation, the provisions of this article.

#BeamMeUpScotty

Jan 26, 2018, 1:44:57 PM1/26/18
On 01/26/2018 09:20 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
> David Hartung <d_ha...@hotmail.com> wrote in
>
>> https://www.yahoo.com/news/trump-proposes-us-citizenship-plan-1-8-mn-00
>> 1326919.html
>>
>> If I understand correctly, the plan has four main parts.
>>
>> 1. Provides a path to citizenship for those brought here illegally as
>> children.
>>
>> 2. It ends preferred immigration status for extended family members of
>> naturalized citizens.
>>
>> 3. It funds the "Wall".
>>
>> 4. It ends a green card lottery system put in place in 1990.
>>
>> Not perfect by by means, but it is workable. I will be interested to
>> see what the final law looks like.
>>

> Where is that "path to citizenship" for DACA
> people who have ALREADY been deported?

Democrats stalling and shutting down government caused that, Maybe the
Democrats learned something about their own arrogance.... It would be a
shame if those people were actually deported for nothing.

In the end all they have to blame is the Democrats who used them as pawns.

--
That's Karma

"The unexamined life is not worth living."
-Socrates-

Clave

Jan 26, 2018, 1:51:39 PM1/26/18
On 1/26/2018 9:28 AM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
> On 01/26/2018 09:20 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:

<...>

>> Where is that "path to citizenship" for DACA
>> people who have ALREADY been deported?
>
> Democrats stalling and shutting down government caused that

What childish bullshit. T-Rump could restore DACA without Congress just
by rescinding his executive order.

Republicans just can't govern.

Teresita

Jan 26, 2018, 2:58:55 PM1/26/18
St. Ronnie said government isn't the solution to the problem, he said it
is the problem.

--
https://twitter.com/LinuxGal

Clave

Jan 26, 2018, 3:35:04 PM1/26/18
Then he expanded government by over 320,000 people.

#BeamMeUpScotty

Jan 26, 2018, 3:44:55 PM1/26/18
Proving that it's a bad idea no matter who is in power.....

--
That's Karma

*Rumination*
25 - In finding the truth, discrimination is a virtue.

Clave

Jan 26, 2018, 4:05:17 PM1/26/18
On 1/26/2018 12:44 PM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
> On 01/26/2018 03:35 PM, Clave wrote:

>>> St. Ronnie said government isn't the solution to the problem, he said
>>> it is the problem.
>>
>> Then he expanded government by over 320,000 people.
>
> Proving that it's a bad idea no matter who is in power.....

More childish bullshit. T-Rump could restore DACA without Congress just

#BeamMeUpScotty

Jan 26, 2018, 6:13:32 PM1/26/18
It's unconstitutional to make or change laws with an executive order.
Obama's DACA was unconstitutional to start with, so removing it was the
correct thing to do, and it would be "unconstitutional" to reascend that
executive order that tossed DACA in the trash.

TRUMP wouldn't violate the constitution and if he did what you say, then
some Judge would NO doubt file an injunction on reascending that
executive order, just as the Liberal Judges tried with all the other
executive orders that judges STOPPED TRUMP from enacting.

They already told him he couldn't reascend DACA and stopped him and now
they'd tell he can't reascend the E/O that he used to reascend DACA.

The plan is to tie TRUMP's political moves up in knots, so the best plan
for TRUMP is to NOT do anything that isn't absolutely necessary.

--
That's Karma

*Rumination*
*All you can do now is hope for the best and prepare for the worst*

Clave

Jan 26, 2018, 6:54:25 PM1/26/18
On 1/26/2018 3:13 PM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:

<...>

> Obama's DACA was unconstitutional to start with...

In your less than half-assed opinion.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:30:04 PM1/27/18
Uh no...in reality - a place you are barred from visiting.

https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/daca-unconstitutional-obama-admitted

President Donald Trump has caught a lot of heat for rescinding the
Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals program with a six-month
wind-down. Few people seem aware that he's ending an administrative
amnesty for illegal aliens that President Barack Obama lacked the
constitutional and legal authority to implement.

How do we know? Because even Obama admitted it – repeatedly.

Responding in October 2010 to demands that he implement immigration
reforms unilaterally, Obama declared, "I am not king. I can't do these
things just by myself." In March 2011, he said that with "respect to the
notion that I can just suspend deportations through executive order,
that's just not the case." In May 2011, he acknowledged that he couldn't
"just bypass Congress and change the (immigration) law myself. ...
That's not how a democracy works."

Yet in 2012, he did it anyway. He put DACA in place to provide
pseudo-legal status to illegal aliens brought to the U.S. as minors,
including as teenagers. He promised them that they wouldn't be deported
and provided them with work authorizations and access to Social Security
and other government benefits.

And he did this despite the fact that the immigration laws passed by
Congress do not give the president the ability to do this. Indeed,
Congress specifically rejected bills to provide such benefits.

As Attorney General Jeff Sessions pointed out this week, DACA
"contributed to a surge of unaccompanied minors on the southern border
that yielded terrible humanitarian consequences." Since most DACA
beneficiaries are now adults, "it also denied jobs to hundreds of
thousands of Americans by allowing those same jobs to go to illegal
aliens," Sessions said.

The unconstitutionality of Obama's actions were confirmed when Obama
tried to implement a second, similar program in 2014 called the Deferred
Action for Parents of Americans and Lawful Permanent Residents program,
or DAPA. Like DACA, DAPA provided an administrative amnesty for illegal
aliens who came to the U.S. as adults and gave them work authorizations
and access to government benefits.

The Fifth Circuit Court of Appeals upheld a nationwide injunction
against DAPA, which the Supreme Court allowed to stand. As the Fifth
Circuit said, the fact that the president declined to enforce the law
and remove illegal aliens "does not transform presence deemed unlawful
by Congress into lawful presence and confer eligibility for otherwise
unavailable benefits based on that change."

Under our Constitution, Congress has plenary authority over immigration.
The president only has the authority delegated to him by Congress – and
Congress has never given the president the power to provide a
pseudo-amnesty and government benefits to illegal aliens.

The DACA program suffers from exactly the same constitutional
infirmities as DAPA. A number of states have threatened to sue the
administration to stop the DACA program. In the face of that threat,
Trump really had no choice. General Sessions' legal conclusion was that
DACA "is vulnerable to the same legal and constitutional challenges that
the courts recognized with respect to the DAPA program."

The place to have the debate about what to do about illegal aliens who
were minors when they came to this country is in the halls of Congress,
not the White House. Failure to correct this unilateral,
unconstitutional overreach would set a dangerous precedent that weakens
our constitutional balance of powers. As law professor Jonathan Turley
said, "If a president can claim sweeping discretion to suspend key
federal laws, the entire legislative process becomes little more than a
pretense."

When it comes to immigration, Attorney General Sessions was correct when
he said that the "compassionate thing is to end the lawlessness, enforce
our laws, and, if Congress chooses to make changes to those laws, to do
so through the process set forth by our Founders in a way that advances
the interests of the nation." That is essential to preserving our
constitutional republic.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:31:48 PM1/27/18
On 1/26/2018 2:05 PM, Clave wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 12:44 PM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:

>>> Then he expanded government by over 320,000 people.
>>
>> Proving that it's a bad idea no matter who is in power.....
>
> More childish bullshit.

Well that's Obummer for ya!

> T-Rump could restore DACA without Congress just
> by rescinding his executive order.

Why would he want to?

It promotes chain migration which he and any sane America oppose.

> Republicans just can't govern.

You mean they won't govern the way YOU want.

Good.

Suck on it, clammie queer.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:34:04 PM1/27/18
After fixing the economy and destroying the Soviet empire.

Oh well...

Btw, no surprise where your proxy-thinking is regurgitated from is it:

https://www.motherjones.com/politics/2014/12/ronald-reagan-big-government-legacy/

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:36:15 PM1/27/18
On 1/26/2018 11:51 AM, Clave wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 9:28 AM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
>> On 01/26/2018 09:20 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>
> <...>
>
>>>      Where is that "path to citizenship" for DACA
>>> people who have ALREADY been deported?
>>
>> Democrats stalling and shutting down government caused that
>
> What childish bullshit.

Yes Dems tend to be so.

> T-Rump could restore DACA without Congress just
> by rescinding his executive order.

Why would he want to endorse chain migration?

> Republicans just can't govern.

...the way you want...

GOOD!

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:51:39 PM1/27/18
On 1/27/2018 3:36 PM, Clave wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 11:51 AM, Clave wrote:
>> On 1/26/2018 9:28 AM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
>>> On 01/26/2018 09:20 AM, Mitchell Holman wrote:
>>
>> <...>

>>> Democrats stalling and shutting down government caused that
>>
>> What childish bullshit.
>
> I know you are but what am I?

A fart sniffing beagle fucker.

HTH.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:54:39 PM1/27/18
On 1/27/2018 3:30 PM, Clave wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 4:54 PM, Clave wrote:
>> On 1/26/2018 3:13 PM, #BeamMeUpScotty wrote:
>>
>> <...>
>>
>>> Obama's DACA was unconstitutional to start with...
>>
>> In your less than half-assed opinion.
>

> You're absolutely right and here's the proof:
>
> https://pennstatelaw.psu.edu/sites/default/files/documents/pdfs/Immigrants/LawProfLetterDACAFinal8.13.pdf

Thank you -- I kinda thought you were going to post some horseshit from
the Heritage Foundation or some other laughable wingnut Trash Tank.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:57:07 PM1/27/18
On 1/27/2018 3:31 PM, Clave wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 2:05 PM, Clave wrote:

>>> Proving that it's a bad idea no matter who is in power.....
>>
>> More childish bullshit.
>
> I have nothing intelligent to add.

Surprising no one.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:57:10 PM1/27/18
Project a lot, clammie queer?

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 6:59:42 PM1/27/18
https://www.heritage.org/immigration/commentary/daca-unconstitutional-obama-admitted

Christopher Brown/Polaris/Newscom
Copied
https://www.azcentral.com/story/opinion/op-ed/robertrobb/2017/09/08/trump-right-daca-unconstitutional/642675001/

McCain didn’t oppose President Obama’s action because he thought the
so-called "dreamers" shouldn’t receive some sort of legal status and the
ability to work and study legally in this country. He agreed with the
objectives of the policy.

McCain opposed Obama’s action because it was unconstitutional. It
exceeded his authority as president. And McCain was right.

The Obama administration tried to defend DACA by claiming that it was an
exercise of executive branch prosecutorial discretion. But that was
never an accurate characterization of the program. Instead, the Obama
administration created a new immigration class with benefits conferred
based upon an application demonstrating compliance with the eligibility
requirements. There was no discretion involved.

The Constitution gives control of immigration to Congress. Only Congress
can create a new immigration class such as DACA, with benefits and
eligibility requirements. And Congress has not done that.

The Trump administration agrees with McCain’s view that DACA was
unconstitutionally set in motion. Yet, according to McCain, the Trump
administration should have done nothing. Just continue to administer a
program McCain himself regards as unconstitutional.

That’s neither reasonable nor responsible.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 7:04:24 PM1/27/18
On 1/27/2018 3:34 PM, Fartsniffing Fake Clave wrote:
> On 1/26/2018 1:35 PM, Clave wrote:

>>> St. Ronnie said government isn't the solution to the problem, he said
>>> it is the problem.
>>
>> Then he expanded government by over 320,000 people.
>
> After raising taxes 11 times and taking credit for OPEC destroying the Soviet empire.

You'll never be me, Fartsniffer, but maybe someday, if you keep fluffing
him hard enough, T-Rump will turn you into a Real Boy.

Clave

Jan 27, 2018, 7:06:50 PM1/27/18
Why are you so enraptured with your gayness, clammie queer?

Lonely?