6 Moronic Arguments for RINOCare, Refuted

Joe Cooper

Mar 9, 2017, 10:35:43 AM3/9/17
There are a lot of squishy, pro-big government talking points circulating
in defense of House leadership’s American Health Care Act – the
ostensible Obamacare “replacement.” It has split the Republican Party in
twain, because it doesn’t actually repeal OR replace the onerous 2009
law.

In the immediate aftermath of the bill’s introduction, the wagons have
begun to circle, conservatives have already introduced a competing
alternative, and Republican leadership and its acolytes have already
begun an entrenched defense of the secretly negotiated legislation.

Here are some of the arguments you’ll likely hear in defense of the bill,
complete with responses.

1) “It repeals Obamacare”

It really doesn’t. Ask yourself, “What is Obamacare? What parts of the
law are creating the worst problems in health insurance markets?”
Obamacare is a regulatory structure of mandated insurance benefits,
artificial marketplaces known as “exchanges,” and subsidies.

The GOP plan gets rid of some taxes, but – as Daniel Horowitz explained
at length Tuesday – it retains the worst parts of the ACA while only
removing the less egregious portions piecemeal.

The mandated essential benefits were not repealed. The exchanges remain
in place. And while some subsidies are cut, most are not repealed until
2020 … when they are replaced with a new entitlement program.

This is a Repeal in Name Only, by Republicans in Name Only.

2) “It will lower costs”

The chief factor driving costs up under Obamacare are the insurance
regulations, the worst of which are retained in this bill.

Among the chief complaints against Obamacare for years now has been the
rising health insurance premiums that millions of Americans cannot
afford. The American Health Care Act cuts subsidies and taxes, but the
things that make it more expensive for insurers to operate and difficult
for market disrupters to compete are the “thou shalt” insurance mandates.

These rules, which compel insurers to cover certain medical procedures –
like pap smears for men – keep the market cost of insurance artificially
inflated and limit the consumer’s choices. Because the GOP plan does not
address these cost-increasing mandates, insurance premiums will continue
to rise and the Republican Party will get stuck with the blame at the
ballot box.

3) “It’s entitlement reform!”

House Speaker Paul Ryan has touted his plan as the “most significant
entitlement reform in more than 50 years.”

Well, if by entitlement reform he means “creating a different, new
entitlement” … then, sure. But that’s not what limited-government
conservatives were hoping for (and promised, countless times) from a
unified Republican government.

House leadership’s plan creates a new entitlement program through the
bill’s tax credits, one which flows primarily to the wealthy and upper-
middle class.

Furthermore, most of the ameliorating provisions of this proposed
reformicon baptism are slated to happen by 2020, long after the 2018
election (which won’t bode well for the rest of those proposed
replacement phases).

Finally, the American Health Care Act grandfathers Obamacare’s Medicaid
expansion in. It leaves enrollment open for two more years – perversely
incentivizing states to further expand it – and throws $10 billion to the
states that never expanded Medicaid (which, in itself, means MORE
entitlements and GREATER insolvency … all with a big, fat elephant
sticker on them).

So, if “entitlement reform” really means “GOP-brand, big-government
boondoggle,” then yes, this is the most significant “entitlement reform”
in decades.

4) “This is just the first act; let it play out!”

This is a popular one. On his Wednesday morning radio show, Hugh Hewitt
chided “diehard” conservatives opposed to the bill’s provisions, arguing
that leadership’s process is akin to a five-act play that is still
developing and must be viewed in full to properly appreciate.

There is some truth to that claim and analogy, even if current requests
for blind trust sound an awful lot like “having to pass RINOcare to find
out what’s in it.” Even the conservative repeal plan recognizes that any
health insurance reform needs to happen in phases, thanks to budget
reconciliation, the imposing regulatory regime, and the obstructionist
Senate Democrats who will filibuster any changes to their failed law
simply out of spite.

But the problem isn’t the number of acts or the length of the play; the
problem is what kind of stage is being set.

Whether on stage or screen, you can usually get a sense of what you’re
watching by the first act. If you’re watching a classic (as all
conservatives ought, at least from time to time), then you should know
what’s going on by the time the chorus is over.

It matters very little what kinds of tweaks can be made to a legislative
vehicle if that vehicle retains the most problematic aspects of Obamacare
in the first place — the regulations and entitlements.

Put simply, this isn’t the show the American people opted for in
November. They bought tickets for “The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly” and
are instead watching the opening scene to “Hairspray.” Sure, they’re both
movies, but the latter wasn’t listed on the theater marquee.

Likewise, Paul Ryan’s is a health care plan, but not the kind he and his
party promised.

5) “Don’t let the perfect be the enemy of the good”

Ah yes, we must compromise in order to get anything across the finish
line. The Wall Street Journal’s editorial board said just about as much
with their recent op-ed, “A Historic Health-Care Moment.”

“Republicans have a limited window for repeal and replace, and this is a
once-in-a-generation opportunity,” writes the newspaper. “Democrats
understand this, even if some conservatives don’t.” Yes, the WSJ
correctly asserts that the GOP did promise a replacement package, but why
are mere tweaks to the original system the “only game in town”?

It’s not as if Republicans have majorities in both houses and were
already planning an “arm-breaking” whip operation in the Senate. If
they’re willing to go that hard on Obamacare-lite, what in the world is
wrong with going through with the full repeal they ran and won on?

And further, opposition to the GOP bill as written is not making the
perfect (a true free-market health care system) the enemy of the good
(sensible reforms that move in that direction). The Republican plan is
bad because it keeps the core of Obamacare in place. (And Obamacare is
bad.)

6) “You know it’s a good bill because the Democrats hate it”

Is Democratic posturing now the rule by which we measure good policy and
principle?

Of course the Democrats hate it. Even if it were closer to Obamacare than
it actually already is, they would “hate” it. Even if Ryan and Pres.
Trump proposed single-payer Medicare-for-all, they would fight it,
because Trump and the GOP’s name is on it. This is what happens when you
treat every policy debate as a Manichean political life-or-death
struggle, as the progressive movement has done for 100 years.

Further, it’s personal for Democratic leadership. Rep. Nancy Pelosi, D-
Calif. (F, 10%) is desperately trying to preserve the “legacy” of the law
she and others foisted on the American people eight years ago, as
Politico pointed out this morning.

If anything, the Democrats are overreaching in their opposition. Were
they to do everything they can to make sure this bill passes, it would
make it easier for them to pull the system even further to the left once
the GOP’s own death spiral reaches its natural conclusion (a collapse of
the health insurance market).

The chief conservative complaint against the American Health Care Act is
that the Republican Party didn’t keep its promise to fully repeal
Obamacare. It’s not that Republicans didn’t put everything conservatives
wanted into this bill; it is that it leaves enough of the current system
in place to continue and exacerbate its problems. Again — a far cry from
what the GOP ran on the past four election cycles.

If this bill is truly open for debate, deliberation, negotiation – as DHS
Secretary Tom Price said Tuesday – it should be negotiated toward the
kinds of market principles that will actually lower costs, improve
coverage, and expand availability. (Here are a few ways to do that.)

If the Republican Party wants conservative support for their plan, if
they are truly serious about correcting the failures that helped elect
them, then this “opening bid” has a long way to go.

Source: http://bit.ly/2mFgTmK

--
"You will never understand today's rage on the left, or its real effort
to overthrow American constitutional government, if you do not understand

Frito Pendejo

Mar 9, 2017, 12:58:21 PM3/9/17

Wayne

Mar 9, 2017, 1:03:00 PM3/9/17
On 3/9/2017 7:32 AM, Joe Cooper wrote:
> There are a lot of squishy, pro-big government talking points circulating
> in defense of House leadership’s American Health Care Act – the
> ostensible Obamacare “replacement.” It has split the Republican Party in
> twain, because it doesn’t actually repeal OR replace the onerous 2009
> law.
>
> In the immediate aftermath of the bill’s introduction, the wagons have
> begun to circle, conservatives have already introduced a competing
> alternative, and Republican leadership and its acolytes have already
> begun an entrenched defense of the secretly negotiated legislation.

The best approach for republicans is to admit defeat and leave Obamacare
in place.

Then let it fail.

You can't repeal something that has become a "right", even though it
isn't a "right". Attempted repeals are going to be overwhelmed by fake
statistics and claims.

Siri Cruise

Mar 9, 2017, 4:41:35 PM3/9/17
In article <o9s578$hm6$1...@dont-email.me>, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> On 3/9/2017 7:32 AM, Joe Cooper wrote:
> > There are a lot of squishy, pro-big government talking points circulating
> > in defense of House leadershipıs American Health Care Act ­ the
> > ostensible Obamacare ³replacement.² It has split the Republican Party in
> > twain, because it doesnıt actually repeal OR replace the onerous 2009
> > law.
> >
> > In the immediate aftermath of the billıs introduction, the wagons have
> > begun to circle, conservatives have already introduced a competing
> > alternative, and Republican leadership and its acolytes have already
> > begun an entrenched defense of the secretly negotiated legislation.
> >

> The best approach for republicans is to admit defeat and leave Obamacare
> in place.
>
> Then let it fail.

It was known from the outset that the law would have problems needing
adjustment. It's been over two hundred, and taxes still have to be adjusted.
Whether it's fix or replace or repeal, it's all up to the Republicans now.

> You can't repeal something that has become a "right", even though it
> isn't a "right". Attempted repeals are going to be overwhelmed by fake
> statistics and claims.

No, they're overwhelmed by the will of the people. Gosh darn it, it would be so
much easier if Republicans just prevented people from voting.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.'
Free the Amos Yee one.
Yeah, too bad about your so-called life. Ha-ha.

Wayne

Mar 9, 2017, 7:45:16 PM3/9/17
On 3/9/2017 1:41 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <o9s578$hm6$1...@dont-email.me>, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/9/2017 7:32 AM, Joe Cooper wrote:
>>> There are a lot of squishy, pro-big government talking points circulating
>>> in defense of House leadership¹s American Health Care Act ­ the
>>> ostensible Obamacare ³replacement.² It has split the Republican Party in
>>> twain, because it doesn¹t actually repeal OR replace the onerous 2009
>>> law.
>>>
>>> In the immediate aftermath of the bill¹s introduction, the wagons have
>>> begun to circle, conservatives have already introduced a competing
>>> alternative, and Republican leadership and its acolytes have already
>>> begun an entrenched defense of the secretly negotiated legislation.
>>>

>> The best approach for republicans is to admit defeat and leave Obamacare
>> in place.
>>
>> Then let it fail.
>
> It was known from the outset that the law would have problems needing
> adjustment. It's been over two hundred, and taxes still have to be adjusted.
> Whether it's fix or replace or repeal, it's all up to the Republicans now.
>
>> You can't repeal something that has become a "right", even though it
>> isn't a "right". Attempted repeals are going to be overwhelmed by fake
>> statistics and claims.
>
> No, they're overwhelmed by the will of the people. Gosh darn it, it would be so
> much easier if Republicans just prevented people from voting.

Democrats are experts at lying to twist the "will of the people".

Siri Cruise

Mar 9, 2017, 8:55:40 PM3/9/17
In article <o9sspi$7oq$2...@dont-email.me>, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
wrote:

> On 3/9/2017 1:41 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> > In article <o9s578$hm6$1...@dont-email.me>, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
> > wrote:

> >> The best approach for republicans is to admit defeat and leave Obamacare
> >> in place.
> >>
> >> Then let it fail.
> >
> > It was known from the outset that the law would have problems needing
> > adjustment. It's been over two hundred, and taxes still have to be
> > adjusted.
> > Whether it's fix or replace or repeal, it's all up to the Republicans now.
> >
> >> You can't repeal something that has become a "right", even though it
> >> isn't a "right". Attempted repeals are going to be overwhelmed by fake
> >> statistics and claims.
> >
> > No, they're overwhelmed by the will of the people. Gosh darn it, it would
> > be so
> > much easier if Republicans just prevented people from voting.
> >
> Democrats are experts at lying to twist the "will of the people".

That's why they control the legislative and executive branches.

Frito Pendejo

Mar 17, 2017, 4:52:57 AM3/17/17
On 03/09/2017 06:02 PM, Wayne wrote:
> On 3/9/2017 7:32 AM, a paid Vladimir agitprop re-quoted:
Where is your enumerated right to smoke 20 cartons of tobacco sticks a
day? And when you get lung cancer, you have a "right" to take *MY* tax
money to pay for your fifty-million dollar chemo treatment.

Actually, I would rather see you die from your stupidity. Don't want
the big evil gubmint to force you to purchase health insurance? Then
don't get treatment, not even in the emergency room. Cough up either
the cash or your insurance card, otherwise the hospital employees will
kick you into the gutter. I shall draft proposed legislation to that
effect and submit it to my so-called "representative."

Frito Pendejo

Mar 17, 2017, 5:18:08 AM3/17/17
On 03/09/2017 09:41 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <o9s578$hm6$1...@dont-email.me>, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>> You can't repeal something that has become a "right", even though it
>> isn't a "right". Attempted repeals are going to be overwhelmed by fake
>> statistics and claims.
>
> No, they're overwhelmed by the will of the people. Gosh darn it, it would be so
> much easier if Republicans just prevented people from voting.

You are wasting precious electrons trying to reason with an inbred
retard.

There is a song by Suicide Commando called "Attention Whore." Look
it up on YouTube and search for the lyrics. The video features a
young woman, but could easily be replaced with an elderly Donald
Trump.

Then there is a film called "Party Monster," starring Maccauly Culkin
(sp. ?) and Seth Green. Rules of Press #1: No publicity is bad
publicity. Freddy Krueger and Donald Trump derive their power from
people paying attention to them. There is no such thing as Bad
Publicity; No Publicity means you aren't on the tabloid covers, and
sheeple forget about you and you're no longer famous.

Moral: IGNORE DONALD!!! And Vladimir, too, though I have to confess
that I just purchased that Vladimir Putin 2017 calendar (just as a
collector's item, of course). March features Vlad clutching a
terrified kitten trying to escape from his arms. There's a tank in
there, a shirtless Vlad in a tree, a shirtless Vlad kissing a puppy
(also trying to escape), and many other fabulous images of our
Fearless Leader.

Frito Pendejo

Mar 22, 2017, 12:57:55 AM3/22/17
On 03/09/2017 09:41 PM, Siri Cruise wrote:
> In article <o9s578$hm6$1...@dont-email.me>, Wayne <mygarb...@verizon.net>
> wrote:
>
>> On 3/9/2017 7:32 AM, Joe Cooper wrote:
>>> There are a lot of squishy, pro-big government talking points circulating
>>> in defense of House leadership¹s American Health Care Act ­ the
>>> ostensible Obamacare ³replacement.² It has split the Republican Party in
>>> twain, because it doesn¹t actually repeal OR replace the onerous 2009
>>> law.
>>>
>>> In the immediate aftermath of the bill¹s introduction, the wagons have
>>> begun to circle, conservatives have already introduced a competing
>>> alternative, and Republican leadership and its acolytes have already
>>> begun an entrenched defense of the secretly negotiated legislation.
>>>

>> The best approach for republicans is to admit defeat and leave Obamacare
>> in place.
>>
>> Then let it fail.
>
> It was known from the outset that the law would have problems needing
> adjustment. It's been over two hundred, and taxes still have to be adjusted.
> Whether it's fix or replace or repeal, it's all up to the Republicans now.
>
>> You can't repeal something that has become a "right", even though it
>> isn't a "right". Attempted repeals are going to be overwhelmed by fake
>> statistics and claims.
>
> No, they're overwhelmed by the will of the people. Gosh darn it, it would be so
> much easier if Republicans just prevented people from voting.

American elections are a farce. Like in Mexico and so many other corrupt
"democracies," it is not those who vote who matter, but those who COUNT
the votes.

Actually, Mexico is the wrong example: After nearly a century of blatant
election fraud, they made reforms starting in the 1990s that make their
elections cleaner than America's.

One reform was the issuance of federal voter ID cards, with name, photo,
home address, THE ADDRESS OF THEIR POLLING STATION (important, because
people used to show up at the polls only to discover their names had
mysteriously disappeared from the roster, especially in opposition
areas), photograph, fingerprint, and hologram. Today, in a country where
any document from a college degree to a medical license to even a
passport can be bought, the voter ID card has become Mexico's de facto
national ID card.

Another important reform was replacing the old wood and metal ballot
boxes with clear plastic ones with holographic security seals, so voters
could see they were empty when polls opened. "Pregnant" ballot boxes
they used to call the old opaque ones, which arrived at polling stations
pre-stuffed with ballots for the ruling party (PRI). Ballots are still
cast secretly, folded into envelopes, which are then opened and counted
under the watch of representatives of at least three of the largest
parties (PRI, PRD, and PAN). PAN one twice, in 2000 and 2006, but PRI
regained the presidency in 2012, after doing its best to rig the PRD
candidate out of it.