Basics of research

Ganesh J. Acharya

Sep 5, 2012, 3:34:36 AM9/5/12
How does one ensure a research is flawless?

We just discussed few days ago that our researches are so far biased since they were based on evidences those we found using our five senses, and that most of then are with respect to findings only pertaining to earth.

Is there a way to over come these problems? Are there any books those discuss these aspects already?

Arindam Banerjee

Sep 5, 2012, 6:21:10 AM9/5/12
On Sep 5, 5:34 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> How does one ensure a research is flawless?

Research is re-search or search again. We need to always do research,
or search again, as the scientific approach demands that.
We need to search again with newer ideas, methods, visions, needs,
instruments... that may upset or confirm past studies.

> We just discussed few days ago that our researches are so far biased since they were based on evidences those we found
using our five senses, and that most of then are with respect to
findings only pertaining to earth.

We can extend our senses, like seeing with x-ray. We can do
abstractions to filter out earth conditions, or other conditions.

> Is there a way to over come these problems? Are there any books those discuss these aspects already?

Since Sir Isaac Newton, we do know how to make abstractions out of
natural processes such as dynamics and model them with mathematics.
Unfortunately over the last 20-30 years, truth is money and money is
truth, such is the vision and core belief of the world's leaders.
This has been very harmful for science and genuine research has
suffered enormously.
Cheers,
Arindam Banerjee

Zerkon

Sep 5, 2012, 9:44:34 AM9/5/12
In article <3b417d42-3581-4bf9...@googlegroups.com>,
ganeshj...@gmail.com says...
> How does one ensure a research is flawless?

By following flawless procedure.

> We just discussed few days ago that our researches are so far biased
> since they were based on evidences those we found using our five
> senses, and that most of then are with respect to findings only
> pertaining to earth.

This is makes no sense. It's defeatest nut-speak. The fact we have
senses is not a bias and "only pertaining to earth"? opposed to what?
The planet Zork? What research are you talking about? Who is the 'we'
people that found evidence and the 'our' people doing the research?

If y-o-u have never done research but are trying to position yourself
inside of some imaginary 'we' who has, this is flawed.

> Is there a way to over come these problems? Are there any books those
> discuss these aspects already?

What good would books do since they would also be flawed given that most
have been written by earthlings with 5 senses.

--
"The space ship hung in the air
exactly like

Thus spaketh The Adams

Dare

Sep 5, 2012, 10:33:41 AM9/5/12
"Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshj...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3b417d42-3581-4bf9...@googlegroups.com...
> How does one ensure a research is flawless?

What do you mean by "flawless"?

> We just discussed few days ago that our researches are so far biased since they were based on evidences those we found using our
> five senses, and that most of then are with respect to findings only pertaining to earth.

How could "we" perceive this flawless-ness with flawed senses?

Ganesh J. Acharya

Sep 5, 2012, 12:50:39 PM9/5/12
On Wednesday, September 5, 2012 8:03:51 PM UTC+5:30, Dare wrote:
> "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshj...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:3b417d42-3581-4bf9...@googlegroups.com...
>
> > How does one ensure a research is flawless?
>
> What do you mean by "flawless"?

Example when considering human evolution it is quiet possible that Humans could have been dropped on earth by souls outside of earth either from other planets, or from souls in other dimensions (i.e. outside of our comprehension... due to lack of the senses those assumed souls might be having).

Ignoring both possibilities will not lead to further scientific developments in those areas. Humans will always remain in dark, and then inaccurate observations are to be blamed.

Would it be right on part of a police investigation if they ignore a closed room under the pretext that room is sealed from all sides? What if a smart con figures out a way to get into that room?

Jack McKinney

Sep 5, 2012, 1:23:02 PM9/5/12
On Wed, Sep 5, 2012, 12:34am (CDT-2) From: ganeshj...@gmail.com
(Ganesh J. Acharya) wrote:

> How does one ensure a research is
> flawless?

You may be hoping for the impossible; my best bet is that 'you' or 'we'
are not dealing with an already existing external reality, that's
already out there waiting to be examined objectively by human observers;
no, I believe what we take to be reality is an illusion, or a sort of
story telling, so to speak, taking place within our own minds...

And because we are creating our own individual stories, as we go along,
we have the ability to create facts that will agree with any story that
we wish to tell...

We don't discover a reality, that's already out there, WE CREATE
REALITY...

Dare

Sep 6, 2012, 10:28:19 AM9/6/12
Why is the room sealed....Who sealed it?

Ganesh J. Acharya

Sep 6, 2012, 10:38:11 AM9/6/12
Great, when we can question a closed room, why not senses beyond 5? or life on other planets?

How did those planets come from nothing?

How did we get our bodies from nothing?