Split personality and birth of new soul related?

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 7, 2013, 3:30:09 AM2/7/13
Is split personality and birth of new soul related?

**An imaginary permutation.** If a person stands at position A and sees towards position B, and then stands at position B and sees towards position A, and if the person is able to do the shifting of postion, by the time reflection from B reaches A vice versa? Will the individual see thyself standing in front? Now when the same person when at position A forgets being at position B, and when at B forgets being at A? can now 1 person become 2?

What is split personality and why does it happen? Isn't it 1 soul getting divided into 2 or even more? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder

Bonaventura

Feb 7, 2013, 3:59:12 AM2/7/13
Personalities by forgetting can be splitted. That may be a real problem: Because they do not what they do.

But there is a positive way of splitting of all sins and disorder of the past and become being baptized a new man in a Catholic order for example.

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 7, 2013, 4:19:11 AM2/7/13
Please visit link to linkup to other places where this discussion is being held.
http://ganeshjacharya.wordpress.com/2013/02/07/is-split-personality-and-birth-of-new-soul-related/

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 7, 2013, 5:47:25 AM2/7/13
On Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:29:12 PM UTC+5:30, Bonaventura wrote:
> Personalities by forgetting can be splitted. That may be a real problem: Because they do not what they do.

Is it possible that this same way everyone in this universe are all the same but they do not remember this splitting?

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 7, 2013, 1:33:48 PM2/7/13
On Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:00:09 PM UTC+5:30, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
Birth perhaps is a split personality with a new body?

Dare

Feb 7, 2013, 2:47:33 PM2/7/13
"Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshj...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:08e408dd-b31a-405c...@googlegroups.com...
What is death?
Is the personality subsumed into the One?

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 7, 2013, 9:05:46 PM2/7/13
Perhaps, but is there a way to ascertain that?

Bonaventura

Feb 8, 2013, 2:56:33 AM2/8/13
Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013 11:47:25 UTC+1 schrieb Ganesh J. Acharya:
> On Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:29:12 PM UTC+5:30, Bonaventura wrote:
>
> > Personalities by forgetting can be splitted. That may be a real problem: Because they do not what they do.
>
> Is it possible that this same way everyone in this universe are all the same but they do not remember this splitting?

As Catholics we differentiate between body and allegory. Adam - translated: man - is the allegory of man. To think the first man by body is a little bit tricky because every one has one father but two grandfathers and for great-grandfathers and so on. Therefore Catholic theologians like St. Paul have understood Adam as the first man and Christ as the second as the allegory of man. To be one body and one spirit in Christ is no question of biology but of spirituality.

M Purcell

Feb 8, 2013, 10:51:01 AM2/8/13
On Feb 7, 11:56 pm, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 7. Februar 2013 11:47:25 UTC+1 schrieb Ganesh J. Acharya:
>
> > On Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:29:12 PM UTC+5:30, Bonaventura wrote:
>
> > > Personalities by forgetting can be splitted. That may be a real problem: Because they do not what they do.
>
> > Is it possible that this same way everyone in this universe are all the same but they do not remember this splitting?

It's called the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.

> As Catholics we differentiate between body and allegory. Adam - translated: man - is the allegory of man. To think the first man by body is a little bit tricky because every one has one father but two grandfathers and for great-grandfathers and so on. Therefore Catholic theologians like St. Paul have understood Adam as the first man and Christ as the second as the allegory of man. To be one body and one spirit in Christ is no question of biology but of spirituality.

Or maybe quantum computing:

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2013/02/08/the-big-idea-werner-loewenstein-s-physics-in-mind.html

“It's too soon to tell.”

Bonaventura

Feb 8, 2013, 11:11:45 AM2/8/13
Am Freitag, 8. Februar 2013 16:51:01 UTC+1 schrieb M Purcell:
> On Feb 7, 11:56 pm, Bonaventura >
> wrote:

> > > Is it possible that this same way everyone in this universe are all the same but they do not remember this splitting?
>

> It's called the many worlds interpretation of quantum mechanics.
>

> > As Catholics we differentiate between body and allegory. Adam - translated: man - is the allegory of man. To think the first man by body is a little bit tricky because every one has one father but two grandfathers and for great-grandfathers and so on. Therefore Catholic theologians like St. Paul have understood Adam as the first man and Christ as the second as the allegory of man. To be one body and one spirit in Christ is no question of biology but of spirituality.
>

> Or maybe quantum computing
>

> “It's too soon to tell.”

That's an interesting aspect but not the whole. Catholic theologians are thinking from God with Jesus Christ the world from its past and to its future. This gives natural sciences the right framework.

M Purcell

Feb 8, 2013, 11:55:35 AM2/8/13
On Feb 8, 8:11 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
wrote:
Indeed, there's long history of religious opposition to science.

Bonaventura

Feb 9, 2013, 11:23:31 AM2/9/13
Not everybody in history was as wise as St. Bonventura who discovered Christ in the center of every science what was a real blessing.

M Purcell

Feb 10, 2013, 2:17:00 PM2/10/13
On Feb 9, 8:23 am, Bonaventura <christoph.overk...@googlemail.com>
The crusades weren't much of a blessing for the muslims from whom the
knowledge was obtained.

me

Feb 10, 2013, 2:37:13 PM2/10/13
its difficult to believe that Christianity now was different to Hebrew
or Muslim theologies even if they shared the same theo-spective.
Christmas being a celebration for what? because its not exactly
European !

casey

Feb 10, 2013, 2:45:23 PM2/10/13
On Feb 8, 1:05 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> On Friday, February 8, 2013 1:17:33 AM UTC+5:30, Dare wrote:
> > "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com> wrote in messagenews:08e408dd-b31a-405c...@googlegroups.com...
>
> > On Thursday, February 7, 2013 2:00:09 PM UTC+5:30, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>
> > > Is split personality and birth of new soul related?
>
> > > **An imaginary permutation.** If a person stands at position A and sees towards position B, and then stands at position B and sees
>
> > > towards position A, and if the person is able to do the shifting of postion, by the time reflection from B reaches A vice versa?
>
> > > Will the individual see thyself standing in front? Now when the same person when at position A forgets being at position B, and
>
> > > when at B forgets being at A? can now 1 person become 2?
>
> > > What is split personality and why does it happen? Isn't it 1 soul getting divided into 2 or even more?
>
> > >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dissociative_identity_disorder
>
> > > Birth perhaps is a split personality with a new body?
>
> > What is death?
>
> > Is the personality subsumed into the One?
>
> Perhaps, but is there a way to ascertain that?

Only if, or until, science can get a handle on consciousness we have
no answer.

Somehow your inner life must be like mine at a fundamental level even
if
different brains means a different experience.

M Purcell

Feb 10, 2013, 3:25:49 PM2/10/13
Most of the customs seem nordic but the winter solstice is world wide,
l suspect most cultures celebrate the lengthing days.

me

Feb 10, 2013, 3:45:52 PM2/10/13
what to do for 6 months in the cold n dark all alone... :(

me

Feb 10, 2013, 4:28:42 PM2/10/13
does the conscience exist or does the faith and religious habit of the
soul work towards a payment protection plan ? maybe the idea of
'escape' from the duty to the policy makers originated in Bhuddism ?
thats the idea I get, although conscience is more to do with human
experience

Dare

Feb 11, 2013, 10:25:34 AM2/11/13
On Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:45:23 PM UTC-5, casey wrote:
> On Feb 8, 1:05 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
>
> > On Friday, February 8, 2013 1:17:33 AM UTC+5:30, Dare wrote:
>
> > > "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com> wrote

> > > What is death?
> > >
> > > Is the personality subsumed into the One?
> >
> > Perhaps, but is there a way to ascertain that?
>
> Only if, or until, science can get a handle on consciousness
> we have no answer.
>
> Somehow your inner life must be like mine at a fundamental level
> even if different brains means a different experience.

Do other animals also share some fundamental sameness with us...
even with a (probably) vastly different experience?

Do other animals have some kind of "personality"?
(or a unique individual "batality" or "dolphinality"?) :-)

casey

Feb 11, 2013, 4:04:26 PM2/11/13
On Feb 12, 2:25 am, Dare <clydad...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Sunday, February 10, 2013 2:45:23 PM UTC-5, casey wrote:
>> On Feb 8, 1:05 pm, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com>
>>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Perhaps, but is there a way to ascertain that?
>>

>> Only if, or until, science can we get a handle on consciousness
>> can we get an answer.
>>

>> Somehow your inner life must be like mine at a fundamental
>> level even if different brains means a different experience.
>

> Do other animals also share some fundamental sameness with
> us... even with a (probably) vastly different experience?

I can't see any reason they would not have an inner life
but until we understand the conscious function as opposed
to processes that do not self monitor ...

There doesn't seem to be any "conscious function" with
regards to our cerebellum (that cabbage like part of the
brain we share with reptiles) and blindsight seems to
flag the need for a cerebral cortex as required to have
a mind function.

> Do other animals have some kind of "personality"?

I see different personalities in cats.

I would not relate that to having a mind function.

> (or a unique individual "batality" or "dolphinality"?) :-)

Different species have behaviours common to their species
and indeed species can have sub groups separated by their
common behaviors. Male/female are two such groups.

But again I don't see that as relevant with regards to
having a mind function.

Directed learning requires a mind function.

M Purcell

Feb 11, 2013, 4:49:42 PM2/11/13
I read a lot in the winter when I lived in Iceland as a military
dependent, norse mythology seemed appropriate.