Measurement of efforts

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 23, 2013, 12:18:31 AM2/23/13
How are efforts measured?

e.g.
While writing a "book" I interview various people and each of them share their views.

After the book is compiled and published revenue is generated.

Here would it be ethical for the author and publisher to keep all the money for oneself?

Again, if money is to be paid back to the people who participated in the interview process taking time from their busy schedule how are they to be compensated? How are their efforts to be measured?

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 24, 2013, 11:53:12 AM2/24/13
On Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:48:31 AM UTC+5:30, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
> How are efforts measured?

Kindly address this?

If there are two people putting efforts sincerely and equally in a coal mine.

One hits a diamond during the process, and another does not.

Should the one who discovered the diamond be awarded specially when the efforts put by both were same?

Dare

Feb 24, 2013, 3:02:58 PM2/24/13
"Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshj...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:776f34aa-8cc7-438c...@googlegroups.com...
Should either be rewarded?
What of the miner in another mine who works even harder and
finds nothing? What of those who don't have the opportunity to
be working in the mine to have a chance of finding the diamond?
Does anyone deserve to profit from finding the diamond, which is a
product of nature and not humans?
Should the diamond have any special value?

me

Feb 24, 2013, 6:49:45 PM2/24/13
On Feb 24, 8:53 am, "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshjacha...@gmail.com>
wrote:
There was a question posed by a 3rd person about an international
female photographer and she was in South Africa. She was sent to
photograph the difficulties of peoples in rural locations getting
medical help. She was confronted with a woman who was sent to hospital
to give and couldnt and was trying to give birth under a tree..because
the list was too long at the hospital

the question was...should she help out with the labour of the mother
giving birth or photograph that labour and to sell the photographs.

The second state was there was any advert posted in the newspaper for
a tv volunteer who was an atheist and would accept the challange of
becoming the subject of a televised program in which a series of
suggestive situations would be placed before them. The exercise was to
see if the situation they would find themselves in could and would
actually change their 'belief' eg having experienced a supernatural
spiritual experience. Would they convert?. The woman in question
underwent the experiment and was made to believe that she had
undergone a spiritual sighting of JC.

Ganesh J. Acharya

Feb 25, 2013, 2:07:36 AM2/25/13
On Monday, February 25, 2013 1:32:58 AM UTC+5:30, Dare wrote:
> "Ganesh J. Acharya" <ganeshj...@gmail.com> wrote in message news:776f34aa-8cc7-438c...@googlegroups.com...
>
> > On Saturday, February 23, 2013 10:48:31 AM UTC+5:30, Ganesh J. Acharya wrote:
>
> >> How are efforts measured?
>

> > > Kindly address this?
>
> > > If there are two people putting efforts sincerely and equally in a coal mine.
>
> > > One hits a diamond during the process, and another does not.
>
> > > Should the one who discovered the diamond be awarded specially
>
> > > when the efforts put by both were same?
>

> Should either be rewarded?

Only for the efforts being put?

> What of the miner in another mine who works even harder and

Why did the miner work even harder? He was supposed to just work and do the duty of mining?

> finds nothing? What of those who don't have the opportunity to
>
> be working in the mine to have a chance of finding the diamond?

Their efforts are negligible. Why should one benefit from luck??

> Does anyone deserve to profit from finding the diamond, which is a
>
> product of nature and not humans?

Need to explore, does not look like one should

> Should the diamond have any special value?

It is just another stone.