Joy of Sex - a la negresse (not SPAM)

abzorba

Dec 10, 2010, 1:29:23 AM12/10/10
Anyone old enough to remember the classy sex manual “Joy of Sex” in
1972? Very classy, and with beautiful and ever so tasteful drawings of
a young couple in various sex positions. Of course we all read it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Joy_of_Sex

One thing that stuck in my mind was the term “a la negresse” for the
sex position which everyone knows as “doggie style”. Maybe I am too
much of an aesthete, but while I love that position, the name “doggie
style”, bringing an image of copulating dogs, is not one that is to my
taste. Now “a la negresse” sounds the exact opposite. Being French, it
has NO hint of anything unrefined. But it struck me then that the term
suggests that black people are more likely to prefer sex in this
position, or even that it is their NATURAL position. This then makes
sense of the other term, the Missionary Position, in which the couple
are face to face, man on top. The idea, now disputed, was that
missionaries taught natives that this was the only correct position,
and it was so named.
The “Joy of Sex” was recently updated for the times and re-released. I
read a review, and to my surprise, found that “a la negresse” was not
dropped, it’s still there in the most recent editions, all political
correctness ignored. This review: http://www.amazon.com/New-Joy-Sex/dp/0671778595
regards the use of the term as “beyond disgraceful”.

Here’s an odd thing. Looking up “a la negresse” in Google, I found NO
mention of it in the sexual sense whatsoever. Nothing at all. In fact,
the ONLY place it appears to be used for the sexual position is in,
you guessed it, “The Joy of Sex”. Political correctness being what it
is, Wikipedia goes out of its way to stress that the term Missionary
Position does NOT mean that Africans and Polynesians et al were more
inclined to prefer other positions. But it’s dubious.
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usage.english/browse_thread/thread/92bd1e825115a1a5/50c6ae4890ff427e?lnk=gst&q=missionary+position#50c6ae4890ff427e

There does not seem to be any consensus on whether different cultures
have different preferences in bed, and frankly, I don’t think that it
says anything negative about them if they did. Is it some kind of
taboo to do a census on what different cultures do in bed? I mean,
what, after the Kinsey report, we’ve all suddenly become shy?

I HAVE heard that Afro-American men are more disposed to doggy type
sex, and I heard this from a few of them, but what of it? But, do the
French use the term a la Negresse, and what is it called in other
languages? And do posters think that “a la Negresse” is deeply racist,
implying that black people are more likely to favour sexual positions
that are associated with animals. (Humans the one animals who have sex
face to face).

Incidentally, this topic HAS been discussed before on aue, but none of
the threads have a great deal of substance. Here’s the best one I
found:
http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usage.english/browse_thread/thread/92bd1e825115a1a5/50c6ae4890ff427e?lnk=gst&q=missionary+position#50c6ae4890ff427e

Myles (the wheelbarrow is quite good…) Paulsen

Peter Brooks

Dec 10, 2010, 1:59:25 AM12/10/10
On Dec 10, 6:29 am, abzorba <myles...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> dropped, it’s still there in the most recent editions, all political
> correctness ignored. This review:http://www.amazon.com/New-Joy-Sex/dp/0671778595
> regards the use of the term as “beyond disgraceful”.

Some people do so love to disapprove of things. I'd have thought,
though, that 'beyond disgraceful' must be graceful again.

I suppose that there's nothing wrong with combining yoga and sex, if
that's your inclination. Of course, I know that there isn't a
wheelbarrow asana, but that's just because buddhists manage to get out
of doing the gardening by the cunning ploy of suggesting that
meditating is more important.

Dr. HotSalt

Dec 10, 2010, 10:21:22 AM12/10/10
On Dec 9, 10:59 pm, Peter Brooks <peter.h.m.bro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Dec 10, 6:29 am, abzorba <myles...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
>
> > dropped, it’s still there in the most recent editions, all political
> > correctness ignored. This review:http://www.amazon.com/New-Joy-Sex/dp/0671778595
> > regards the use of the term as “beyond disgraceful”.

What about "Greek" and "Frenching"?

> Some people do so love to disapprove of things. I'd have thought,
> though, that 'beyond disgraceful' must be graceful again.

Post-post-modernism. Why did we bother?

> I suppose that there's nothing wrong with combining yoga and sex, if
> that's your inclination. Of course, I know that there isn't a
> wheelbarrow asana, but that's just because buddhists manage to get out
> of doing the gardening by the cunning ploy of suggesting that
> meditating is more important.

Wheelbarrow sex meditation? Thanks a lot NOT for the image.

Dr. HotSalt

Irwell

Dec 10, 2010, 11:13:38 AM12/10/10
On Thu, 9 Dec 2010 22:29:23 -0800 (PST), abzorba wrote:

> One thing that stuck in my mind was the term “a la negresse” for the
> sex position which everyone knows as “doggie style”.

Brings to mind images of Joephine Baker and all
those bananas, probably get in the way somewhat.

Zerkon

Dec 10, 2010, 11:26:56 AM12/10/10
On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 22:29:23 -0800, abzorba wrote:

> One thing that stuck in my mind was the term “a la negresse”..

One thing that stuck in my mind was the term “one big buzz kill”..

M Purcell

Dec 10, 2010, 1:51:27 PM12/10/10
On Dec 9, 10:29 pm, abzorba <myles...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:
> Anyone old enough to remember the classy sex manual “Joy of Sex” in
> 1972? Very classy, and with beautiful and ever so tasteful drawings of
> a young couple in various sex positions. Of course we all read it.http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Joy_of_Sex

> One thing that stuck in my mind was the term “a la negresse” for the
> sex position which everyone knows as “doggie style”. Maybe I am too
> much of an aesthete, but while I love that position, the name “doggie
> style”, bringing an image of copulating dogs, is not one that is to my
> taste. Now “a la negresse” sounds the exact opposite. Being French, it
> has NO hint of anything unrefined. But it struck me then that the term
> suggests that black people are more likely to prefer sex in this
> position, or even that it is their NATURAL position. This then makes
> sense of the other term, the Missionary Position, in which the couple
> are face to face, man on top. The idea, now disputed, was that
> missionaries taught natives that this was the only correct position,
> and it was so named.
> The “Joy of Sex” was recently updated for the times and re-released. I
> read a review, and to my surprise, found that “a la negresse” was not
> dropped, it’s still there in the most recent editions, all political
> correctness ignored. This review:http://www.amazon.com/New-Joy-Sex/dp/0671778595
> regards the use of the term as “beyond disgraceful”.
>
> Here’s an odd thing. Looking up “a la negresse” in Google, I found NO
> mention of it in the sexual sense whatsoever. Nothing at all. In fact,
> the ONLY place it appears to be used for the sexual position is in,
> you guessed it, “The Joy of Sex”.  Political correctness being what it
> is, Wikipedia goes out of its way to stress that the term Missionary
> Position does NOT mean that Africans and Polynesians et al were more
> inclined to prefer other positions. But it’s dubious.http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usage.english/browse_thread/thread...

> There does not seem to be any consensus on whether different cultures
> have different preferences in bed, and frankly, I don’t think that it
> says anything negative about them if they did. Is it some kind of
> taboo to do a census on what different cultures do in bed? I mean,
> what, after the Kinsey report, we’ve all suddenly become shy?
>
> I HAVE heard that Afro-American men are more disposed to doggy type
> sex, and I heard this from a few of them, but what of it? But, do the
> French use the term a la Negresse, and what is it called in other
> languages? And do posters think that “a la Negresse” is deeply racist,
> implying that black people are more likely to favour sexual positions
> that are associated with animals. (Humans the one animals who have sex
> face to face).

Well negresses seem to have bigger asses but maybe Afro-American men
just don't want their partner to see the silly expressions on their
faces.

> Incidentally, this topic HAS been discussed before on aue, but none of
> the threads have a great deal of substance. Here’s the best one I

> found:http://groups.google.com/group/alt.usage.english/browse_thread/thread...

Mark Edwards

Dec 10, 2010, 2:37:01 PM12/10/10
No cluons were harmed when abzorba wrote:
>> One thing that stuck in my mind was the term ´a la negresse¡ for the
>> sex position which everyone knows as ´doggie style¡.

Are you sure the term was not 'asieoniezi' ?

Mark Edwards
--
Proof of Sanity Forged Upon Request

abzorba

Dec 11, 2010, 1:24:55 AM12/11/10
On Dec 11, 3:21 am, "Dr. HotSalt" <alien8...@gmail.com> wrote:

>   What about "Greek" and "Frenching"?
>

>   Wheelbarrow sex meditation? Thanks a lot NOT for the image.

I thought that maybe I’m out of date, but a quick look at Frenching
and Greek in the urbandictionary (as opposed to the Arcadian Arcana)
reassured me that the terms now mean EXACTLY what they had meant when
I was a youth. Frenching is tongue kissing, and Greek is anal.

Dr Hot Salt, I don’t know where you have been, but maybe we should
have a long talk. You see, when a man and a woman love each other VERY
VERY much, then they can start to feel things in unusual places in
their bodies. Then one thing leads to another, and we will discuss
what that is some other time.

(Have a look at the spelling in the definition for Frenching, and note
that it has been like that since 2004. And the bloke who wrote it
actually signed it.)

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=frenching

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=greek

Myles (the wheelbarrow is quite good) Paulsen

abzorba

Dec 11, 2010, 1:27:39 AM12/11/10

ok, I give up. What's a buzz kill in this context?

Myles (ready to learn) Paulsen

Pierre Jelenc

Dec 11, 2010, 1:30:48 AM12/11/10
abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au> writes:

> One thing that stuck in my mind was the term "a la negresse" for the
> sex position which everyone knows as "doggie style". [...] Being French,
> it has NO hint of anything unrefined.

Only one problem, it's not French! It's called "en levrette", i.e. "like a
greyhound": http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Position_de_la_levrette

(I guess, NSFW)

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com

David DeLaney

Dec 11, 2010, 4:18:19 AM12/11/10
abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

>On Dec 11, 4:26=A0am, Zerkon <Z...@erkonx.net> wrote:
>> On Thu, 09 Dec 2010 22:29:23 -0800, abzorba wrote:
>> > One thing that stuck in my mind was the term =93a la negresse=94..
>>
>> One thing that stuck in my mind was the term =93one big buzz kill=94..

>ok, I give up. What's a buzz kill in this context?

When the daddy bee flies in to pollinate the mommy orchid, sometimes
involuntary muscle action causes a snapping-shut of things that shoudn'ta
hadn'ta oughtn'ta snapped shut. This can cause suffocation.

>Myles (ready to learn) Paulsen

Dave "will teach nearly correctly for food" DeLaney
--
\/David DeLaney posting from d...@vic.com "It's not the pot that grows the flower

Robert Bannister

Dec 11, 2010, 4:14:11 AM12/11/10
On 10/12/10 2:29 PM, abzorba wrote:

> I HAVE heard that Afro-American men are more disposed to doggy type
> sex, and I heard this from a few of them, but what of it? But, do the
> French use the term a la Negresse, and what is it called in other
> languages? And do posters think that “a la Negresse” is deeply racist,
> implying that black people are more likely to favour sexual positions
> that are associated with animals. (Humans the one animals who have sex
> face to face).

I'm quite sure it's racist. The phrase I am more familiar with, Greek
style, is equally so.
--

Rob Bannister

Par

Dec 11, 2010, 5:05:21 AM12/11/10
Robert Bannister <rob...@bigpond.com>:

> > implying that black people are more likely to favour sexual positions
> > that are associated with animals. (Humans the one animals who have sex
> > face to face).

I have pictures, from respectable scientific texts I may add, for other
primates being about as inventive as humans when it comes to these
things. Both gorillas and bonobos (the oversexed hippies of the animal
world).

> I'm quite sure it's racist. The phrase I am more familiar with, Greek
> style, is equally so.

That I can agree with, such terms are not really ones one wants to
encourage.

/Par

--
Par use...@hunter-gatherer.org
Again, thank you for the kind words that we are sure are in your e-mail

Mark Fergerson

Dec 11, 2010, 11:04:44 AM12/11/10
abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in news:8831f62b-8419-4690-a016-
508a73...@i32g2000pri.googlegroups.com:

> On Dec 11, 3:21 am, "Dr. HotSalt" <alien8...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>   What about "Greek" and "Frenching"?
>>
>>   Wheelbarrow sex meditation? Thanks a lot NOT for the image.
>>
> I thought that maybe I’m out of date, but a quick look at Frenching
> and Greek in the urbandictionary (as opposed to the Arcadian Arcana)
> reassured me that the terms now mean EXACTLY what they had meant when
> I was a youth. Frenching is tongue kissing, and Greek is anal.

Well, duh.

> Dr Hot Salt, I don’t know where you have been,

Around. nb; this is my 58th winter.

> but maybe we should have a long talk.

Uhh, no. Ask your mommy and daddy. No, wait, ask your teacher at
school. NO, WAIT! DON'T DO THAT! Try Wikipedia like all the kids do
these days. That oughta fix ya.

> (Have a look at the spelling in the definition for Frenching, and note
> that it has been like that since 2004. And the bloke who wrote it
> actually signed it.)

See, that's why I mentioned them. I knew about them.

What I want to know is, do the French and the Greeks take collective
offense at the existence of those terms as such? Well, the French are
excessively prone to being offended so maybe they don't count.

Also, what about Albanianing? Aussie-style? "The Mauritanian way", and
so on... I know from experience stuff the Kama Sutra doesn't cover.

What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?

> Myles (the wheelbarrow is quite good) Paulsen

NOT LOOKING! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Dr. HotSalt

Irwell

Dec 11, 2010, 11:19:27 AM12/11/10

At Perpignan Railway station cafe I asked in my broken
French for a small black coffee.
My version, "Une cafe petite noir', brought howls of laughter
from the locals.

R H Draney

Dec 11, 2010, 1:03:22 PM12/11/10
Robert Bannister filted:

In the context of romance, "French" means use of the tongue, "Greek" means use
of the anus, and "English" means use of whips and chains...only the most
simple-minded think the nationalities referred to limit themselves to the
corresponding practices....r

--
Me? Sarcastic?
Yeah, right.

Robert Bannister

Dec 11, 2010, 8:48:02 PM12/11/10

I loved your use of the word "romance" - a word I would more readily
associate with the exchange of vows and flowers.

--

Rob Bannister

David DeLaney

Dec 12, 2010, 12:00:37 AM12/12/10
Mark Fergerson <alie...@teranews.com> wrote:
> What I want to know is, do the French and the Greeks take collective
>offense at the existence of those terms as such? Well, the French are
>excessively prone to being offended so maybe they don't count.

And, while we're at it, do the French take offence, offense, umbrage, or
an actual French word for it? (the Internet wants to tell me that the
French for "offense" is "offense", or possibly "infraction")

> Also, what about Albanianing? Aussie-style? "The Mauritanian way", and
>so on... I know from experience stuff the Kama Sutra doesn't cover.
>
> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?

And what about Naomi? I mean Serbo-Croatian?

>> Myles (the wheelbarrow is quite good) Paulsen
>
> NOT LOOKING! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!

Too late. Quantum Fetish Mechanics has struck again.

Dave "there's a price for the Internet, you know" DeLaney

Peter Moylan

Dec 12, 2010, 2:43:40 AM12/12/10
Mark Fergerson wrote:

> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?

You haven't lived until you've tried reverse Polish.

--
Peter Moylan, Newcastle, NSW, Australia. http://www.pmoylan.org
For an e-mail address, see my web page.

Evan Kirshenbaum

Dec 12, 2010, 3:47:10 AM12/12/10
Par <use...@hunter-gatherer.org> writes:

> Robert Bannister <rob...@bigpond.com>:
>> > implying that black people are more likely to favour sexual positions
>> > that are associated with animals. (Humans the one animals who have sex
>> > face to face).
>
> I have pictures, from respectable scientific texts I may add, for other
> primates being about as inventive as humans when it comes to these
> things. Both gorillas and bonobos (the oversexed hippies of the animal
> world).

No pictures, but I've read respectable experts opining that the reason
for the unusual path of an elephant's vaginal canal is that at one
point in its evolutionary history, elephants were aquatic and
copulated face to face (technically "ventro-ventrally").

Still with HP Labs |It's like grasping the difference
SF Bay Area (1982-) |between what one usually considers
Chicago (1964-1982) |a 'difficult' problem, and what
evan.kir...@gmail.com |one understands *why* counting all
http://www.kirshenbaum.net/ |difficult...there's the leap.
| Tina Marie Holmboe

abzorba

Dec 12, 2010, 4:46:04 AM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 4:04 am, Mark Fergerson <alien8...@teranews.com> wrote:
> abzorba <myles...@yahoo.com.au> wrote in news:8831f62b-8419-4690-a016-

> > I thought that maybe I m out of date, but a quick look at Frenching
> > and Greek in the urbandictionary (as opposed to the Arcadian Arcana)
> > reassured me that the terms now mean EXACTLY what they had meant when
> > I was a youth.  Frenching is tongue kissing, and Greek is anal.
>
>   Well, duh.
>
> > Dr Hot Salt, I don t know where you have been,
>
>   Around. nb; this is my 58th winter.
>
> > but maybe we should have a long talk.

Sorry about my little joke, on looking at my post again, I can see I
misinterpreted your mentioning of the French and Greek terms, not
realizing that you meant them as examples of possibly racist and
offensive stereotypes (the Greek rather more so than the French).

> > (Have a look at the spelling in the definition for Frenching, and note
> > that it has been like that since 2004. And the bloke who wrote it
> > actually signed it.)
>
>   See, that's why I mentioned them. I knew about them.
>
>   What I want to know is, do the French and the Greeks take collective
> offense at the existence of those terms as such? Well, the French are
> excessively prone to being offended so maybe they don't count.
>
>   Also, what about Albanianing? Aussie-style? "The Mauritanian way", and
> so on... I know from experience stuff the Kama Sutra doesn't cover.
>
>   What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?

Seriously, about 20 years ago, I INVENTED a new sexual position, and
it's fun. I can recommend it. You wouldn't want to do it all the time,
but hey, once or twice a night would be fine. By new I mean it's not
in Kama Sutra, or Joy of Sex, or Wikipedia, and I haven't seen it
pictured or described anywhere else. This mightn't be the right froup
to go into it, but if there is any interest, I will describe it, on
the grounds that it has no name, and I would like it have one. My
initial suggestion would be the Abzorposition 1. (1 because there may
be others later on) If you can patent human genes, can you patent
sexual positions?

Myles (Mmmm....Albanianing, Aussie style - photo - graaaahphs,
anyone?) Paulsen

J. J. Lodder

Dec 12, 2010, 5:15:52 AM12/12/10
Peter Moylan <inv...@peter.pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

> Mark Fergerson wrote:
> >
> > What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?
>
> You haven't lived until you've tried reverse Polish.

Too rough for me,

Jan

abzorba

Dec 12, 2010, 5:21:34 AM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 8:47 pm, Evan Kirshenbaum <evan.kirshenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No pictures, but I've read respectable experts opining that the reason
> for the unusual path of an elephant's vaginal canal is that at one
> point in its evolutionary history, elephants were aquatic and
> copulated face to face (technically "ventro-ventrally").

There seems to be some confusion in the Wiki and Google literature on
this. Some sources say that gorillas and bonobos are the ONLY non-
human animals to engage in face-to-face sex, but the Wikipedia Dolphin
article says that dolphins do it "belly to belly" ALL the time. This
seems to be more like human lthan the gorillas and bonobos, because
they seem to do the face-to-face thing only very rarely, and even
then, it might be because the ground is swampy and the female doesn't
want to go face down there. I know that elephants evolved from
acquatic animals, and that their trunks were, and still are, perfect
snorkels, but I can't find anything else on what their sexual
behaviour might have been when they were acquatic animals.

Myles (the elephant in the room) Paulsen

Par

Dec 12, 2010, 5:45:13 AM12/12/10
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.folklore.science.]
abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au>:

> human animals to engage in face-to-face sex, but the Wikipedia Dolphin
> article says that dolphins do it "belly to belly" ALL the time. This
> seems to be more like human lthan the gorillas and bonobos, because
> they seem to do the face-to-face thing only very rarely, and even
> then, it might be because the ground is swampy and the female doesn't
> want to go face down there.

Which would you rather do; lie on your back on wet ground or stand on
all fours on wet ground?

/Par

--
Par use...@hunter-gatherer.org
My prejudices are almost entirely directed against Stupid People,

Peter Brooks

Dec 12, 2010, 6:15:38 AM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 8:47 am, Evan Kirshenbaum <evan.kirshenb...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> No pictures, but I've read respectable experts opining that the reason
> for the unusual path of an elephant's vaginal canal is that at one
> point in its evolutionary history, elephants were aquatic and
> copulated face to face (technically "ventro-ventrally").

"Their' history, or 'her' history, surely..or 'its..history..the
elephant'.

This can't be true, it'd have been an ancestor species that did this,
not elephants.

Peter Brooks

Dec 12, 2010, 6:18:26 AM12/12/10
On Dec 12, 10:21 am, abzorba <myles...@yahoo.com.au> wrote:

> acquatic animals, and that their trunks were, and still are, perfect
> snorkels,

I'm not convinced of the claim for perfection. A perfect snorkel
would, surely, be detachable, available in many different colours and
valved to prevent ingress from waves, not to mention doubling as a
periscope.

abzorba

Dec 12, 2010, 6:41:59 AM12/12/10

Ok, I appreciate the joke, but it did make me wonder if there ARE such
valves in the trunk. The fact that they can pump in huge amounts of
water and expel it at velocity, suggests that there must be something
like that in there.

Myles (elephant in room) Paulsen

Irwell

Dec 12, 2010, 12:27:55 PM12/12/10
On Sun, 12 Dec 2010 18:43:40 +1100, Peter Moylan wrote:

> Mark Fergerson wrote:
>>
>> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?
>
> You haven't lived until you've tried reverse Polish.

Duly noted.

R H Draney

Dec 12, 2010, 1:42:48 PM12/12/10
Peter Moylan filted:

>Mark Fergerson wrote:
>>
>> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?
>
>You haven't lived until you've tried reverse Polish.

The one that uses a push-down stack?...r

Adam Funk

Dec 13, 2010, 2:20:38 PM12/13/10
On 2010-12-12, Peter Moylan wrote:

> Mark Fergerson wrote:
>>
>> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?
>
> You haven't lived until you've tried reverse Polish.

Is that where an operator joins after the two main participants?

--
No right of private conversation was enumerated in the Constitution.
I don't suppose it occurred to anyone at the time that it could be

Adam Funk

Dec 13, 2010, 3:48:05 PM12/13/10
On 2010-12-11, R H Draney wrote:

> In the context of romance, "French" means use of the tongue, "Greek" means use
> of the anus, and "English" means use of whips and chains...only the most
> simple-minded think the nationalities referred to limit themselves to the
> corresponding practices....r

A quote from _Dharma & Greg_:

Q. Why would they call it French toast if it wasn't invented in
France?

A. Because "French" makes it sound classy. Like with fries. Or
sticking your tongue down someone's throat.

--
It is probable that television drama of high caliber and produced by
first-rate artists will materially raise the level of dramatic taste

Peter Duncanson (BrE)

Dec 13, 2010, 4:19:41 PM12/13/10
On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:20:38 +0000, Adam Funk <a24...@ducksburg.com>
wrote:

>On 2010-12-12, Peter Moylan wrote:
>
>> Mark Fergerson wrote:
>>>
>>> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?
>>
>> You haven't lived until you've tried reverse Polish.
>
>Is that where an operator joins after the two main participants?

That's the one.

If God, the Creator of the Universe, is using Reverse Polish then all
religions claiming to have instructions from Him/Her/It are faulty. The
process of assembling participants in the Universe is ongoing. Only when
that is complete will He/She/It say how the participants are required to
interact with one another.

--
Peter Duncanson, UK
(in alt.usage.english)

M Purcell

Dec 13, 2010, 6:22:47 PM12/13/10
On Dec 13, 1:19 pm, "Peter Duncanson (BrE)" <m...@peterduncanson.net>
wrote:

That doesn't sound like a lot of fun.

Peter Moylan

Dec 14, 2010, 5:51:08 AM12/14/10
We don't all have to wait until the end. I believe that Lazarus has
already been told to come Forth.

Peter Duncanson (BrE)

Dec 14, 2010, 6:42:11 AM12/14/10
On Tue, 14 Dec 2010 21:51:08 +1100, Peter Moylan
<inv...@peter.pmoylan.org.invalid> wrote:

>Peter Duncanson (BrE) wrote:
>> On Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:20:38 +0000, Adam Funk <a24...@ducksburg.com>
>> wrote:

>>> Is that where an operator joins after the two main participants?
>>
>> That's the one.
>>
>> If God, the Creator of the Universe, is using Reverse Polish then all
>> religions claiming to have instructions from Him/Her/It are faulty. The
>> process of assembling participants in the Universe is ongoing. Only when
>> that is complete will He/She/It say how the participants are required to
>> interact with one another.
>>
>We don't all have to wait until the end. I believe that Lazarus has
>already been told to come Forth.

<applause>

abzorba

Dec 17, 2010, 5:18:37 AM12/17/10
On Dec 11, 6:30 pm, r...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:
> abzorba  <myles...@yahoo.com.au> writes:
>
> > One thing that stuck in my mind was the term "a la negresse" for the
> > sex position which everyone knows as "doggie style". [...] Being French,
> > it has NO hint of anything unrefined.
>
> Only one problem, it's not French! It's called "en levrette", i.e. "like a
> greyhound":http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Position_de_la_levrette
>
> (I guess, NSFW)

Well, to get back OT a little, I gather from your name that you are
French, and so you are more than qualified to make these observations.
Now it turns out the French say "en levrette", which STILL refers to
canines, but at least this one is a lean and handsome greyhound. And,
as they said in my youth "You ride for speed, not comfort". And as I
say right up till now, "Uh? Come again?"

If the French don't say "a la negresse" then wtf DOES it come from,
and how did it get into the World's No. 1 (modern sex manual) The Joy
of Sex?

Incidentally, (as we used to say before BTW was invented) if we HAVE
to use an animal reference for a sex postition, could we not have used
"tiger style" or something like that, not something that reminds you
of a couple of flea ridden mongrels on the back verandah, having a
damn good go at it? Speaking of which, I'll just tell my Tasmanian
cousins to stop it.

Myles (Definition of Tassy virgin: 10 yr old girl with no brother)
Paulsen

Adam Funk

Dec 17, 2010, 9:29:03 AM12/17/10
On 2010-12-17, abzorba wrote:

> On Dec 11, 6:30 pm, r...@panix.com (Pierre Jelenc) wrote:
>> abzorba  <myles...@yahoo.com.au> writes:
>>
>> > One thing that stuck in my mind was the term "a la negresse" for the
>> > sex position which everyone knows as "doggie style". [...] Being French,
>> > it has NO hint of anything unrefined.
>>
>> Only one problem, it's not French! It's called "en levrette", i.e. "like a
>> greyhound":http://fr.wikipedia.org/wiki/Position_de_la_levrette
>>
>> (I guess, NSFW)
>>
> Well, to get back OT a little, I gather from your name that you are
> French, and so you are more than qualified to make these observations.
> Now it turns out the French say "en levrette", which STILL refers to
> canines, but at least this one is a lean and handsome greyhound. And,
> as they said in my youth "You ride for speed, not comfort". And as I
> say right up till now, "Uh? Come again?"
>
> If the French don't say "a la negresse" then wtf DOES it come from,
> and how did it get into the World's No. 1 (modern sex manual) The Joy
> of Sex?

ISTR hearing somewhere that Comfort made up quite a few things to make
the book more exotic.

--
"Gonzo, is that the contract from the devil?"
"No, Kermit, it's worse than that. This is the bill from special

Pierre Jelenc

Dec 17, 2010, 1:52:25 PM12/17/10
abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au> writes:

> If the French don't say "a la negresse" then wtf DOES it come from,
> and how did it get into the World's No. 1 (modern sex manual) The Joy
> of Sex?

No idea! I've never heard it, I've never read it (from Rabelais onward...)
and it rings slightly odd, in that the expected preposition would be "en"
not "a [la/le]" (e.g. en canard (sideways), en epicier (missionary), en
cygne (crouching) etc.)

Pierre
--
Pierre Jelenc
The Gigometer www.gigometer.com
The NYC Beer Guide www.nycbeer.org

Robert Bannister

Dec 17, 2010, 9:05:10 PM12/17/10
On 17/12/10 6:18 PM, abzorba wrote:

> Myles (Definition of Tassy virgin: 10 yr old girl with no brother)
> Paulsen

Ridiculous. Is her father gay?
--

Rob Bannister

Agnorasi

Dec 17, 2010, 9:37:28 PM12/17/10

I'm sorry to say that this thread has no connection with reality or
cause in my real-life today...nice prose...I'm still astounded that
real-people are permitted to have sexual relationships ONLY when the
women are NON fertile...but there it stands

Adam Funk

Dec 20, 2010, 10:02:16 AM12/20/10
On 2010-12-17, Pierre Jelenc wrote:

> abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au> writes:
>>
>> If the French don't say "a la negresse" then wtf DOES it come from,
>> and how did it get into the World's No. 1 (modern sex manual) The Joy
>> of Sex?
>
> No idea! I've never heard it, I've never read it (from Rabelais onward...)
> and it rings slightly odd, in that the expected preposition would be "en"
> not "a [la/le]" (e.g. en canard (sideways), en epicier (missionary), en
> cygne (crouching) etc.)

épicier? What about other trades: en boulanger, en plombier, en
serrurier, en professeur, ...?

--
No sport is less organized than Calvinball!

Pierre Jelenc

Dec 20, 2010, 12:08:44 PM12/20/10
Adam Funk <a24...@ducksburg.com> writes:
> On 2010-12-17, Pierre Jelenc wrote:
>
> > abzorba <myle...@yahoo.com.au> writes:
> >>
> >> If the French don't say "a la negresse" then wtf DOES it come from,
> >> and how did it get into the World's No. 1 (modern sex manual) The Joy
> >> of Sex?
> >
> > No idea! I've never heard it, I've never read it (from Rabelais onward...)
> > and it rings slightly odd, in that the expected preposition would be "en"
> > not "a [la/le]" (e.g. en canard (sideways), en epicier (missionary), en
> > cygne (crouching) etc.)
>
> ??picier? What about other trades: en boulanger, en plombier, en
> serrurier, en professeur, ...?

[sorry for the diacritics, my ssh connection somehow screws up 8-bit
characters...]

The only other trade that's commonly used is "en mac,on": without
foreplay, quickie.

Peter Moylan

Dec 20, 2010, 7:58:52 PM12/20/10

So that's what goes on in those Masonic Lodges.

I would have thought that "en plombier" described not a position but the
showing of cleavage.

Robert Bannister

Dec 20, 2010, 8:09:00 PM12/20/10

I take that "maçon" means "brickie" rather than "mason".

--

Rob Bannister

Pierre Jelenc

Dec 21, 2010, 10:49:22 AM12/21/10
> I take that "ma?on" means "brickie" rather than "mason".

It can be either, but here it means stonemason/bricklayer.

Message has been deleted

Dr. HotSalt

Dec 22, 2010, 8:13:42 AM12/22/10
On Dec 21, 10:07 am, Thomas Mertz <t...@example.com> wrote:
> Par <use...@hunter-gatherer.org> wrote:
> > abzorba <myles...@yahoo.com.au>:

> > >  human animals to engage in face-to-face sex, but the Wikipedia Dolphin
> > >  article says that dolphins do it "belly to belly" ALL the time. This
> > >  seems to be more like human lthan the gorillas and bonobos, because
> > >  they seem to do the face-to-face thing only very rarely, and even
> > >  then, it might be because the ground is swampy and the female doesn't
> > >  want to go face down there.
>
> > Which would you rather do; lie on your back on wet ground or stand on
> > all fours on wet ground?
>
> what, no BACON option?

Okaythen- which would you rather do; lie on your back on wet bacon
or stand on all fours on wet bacon?

Dr. HotSalt

PS: "Google Groups does not currently support posting to the following
usenet groups: "alt.folklore.scien""

Bill Marcum

Dec 24, 2010, 5:25:58 PM12/24/10
["Followup-To:" header set to alt.religion.kibology.]

On 2010-12-12, David DeLaney <d...@gatekeeper.vic.com> wrote:
>> What is "Polish sex" and why is it funny?
>
> And what about Naomi? I mean Serbo-Croatian?
>
>>> Myles (the wheelbarrow is quite good) Paulsen
>>
>> NOT LOOKING! LA LA LA LA LA LA LA!
>
> Too late. Quantum Fetish Mechanics has struck again.
>
> Dave "there's a price for the Internet, you know" DeLaney

$20, same as in town.

--
A bureaucracy's success is determined by its rebels.