Haushofer and Hitler: Green Dragon Zen -`

Disbarring Zen Stories

Apr 10, 2007, 5:49:14 PM4/10/07

Toxic Zen Story #2: Green Dragon Zen, General Karl Haushofer and
Adolph Hitler.

So, how did Hitler get that way anyhow? Karl Haushofer.

. 'Some authors claim that, while in Japan, Haushofer was
. active in the ultra-secret Green Dragon Society, whose
. members were under oath to commit ritual suicide if
. faced with dishonor. After the war Haushofer was among
. the Nazi members to be put to trial before the
. Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal. But Professor Haushofer
. never went to trial. After killing his wife, Karl
. Haushofer committed suicide in the traditional Japanese
. way, cutting his intestines with a sharp samurai short
. sword, in a personal, formal ceremony called seppuku
. (commonly known as hara- kiri).'

>From "The Swastika and the Nazis - The Haushofer Connection"

____ Preface: Zen Founder _________________________________

Zen is the snake that bites its own tail. If you embrace the void and
acausality, you will find yourself later in the midst of catastrophic
emptiness saying "how'd that happen?".

Under Prajnatara (Perfect Wisdom Shining Star) of India, there was a
disciple named Bodhidharma (Buddha Law). Under these grandiose names,
they studied the Buddha's teachings, after Buddhism had traveled East
to China. The Buddha foretold that Buddhism would fall into a Hellish
path in India, after the Buddha's highest teachings had moved on.

Bodhidharma was a native of Conjeeveram, near Madras in India. He
traveled from India and arrived at Ching-Ling (now Nanking), or
perhaps at Guangzhou (Canton), perhaps both. There, Bodhidharma met
with the Emperor's emissary (some say Emperor Wu of the Liang Dynasty,
see footnote), where they discussed the Sutras.

As Bodhidharma (also called Da Mo, or Ta Mo in China, and Daruma in
Japan) believed in dhyana or meditation upon the nothingness at the
heart of life, and as the Lotus Sutra had been translated into
Chinese by Kumarajiva who traveled from India a century earlier and
had served the Liang Dynasty well, the lesser and distorted teaching
of dhyana/ch'an/zen was rejected by practitioners of the highest
teaching, and Bodhidharma was banished from Imperial territory.

As an icchantika, or incorrigible disbeliever in the Lotus Sutra, he
could not be allowed to spread his teachings in the Emperor's domain
(they wished to live happily, you see). But by banishing him, they
did not act as bodhisattvas, to thoroughly correct his errors and not
let him slip away to corrupt others, and thusly fall into the hell of
incessant sufferings (Aviichi Hell) for countless lifetimes. Out of
this single uncompassionate act, much of the suffering of the world
has come.

After he was banished, Bodhidharma went to the Shaolin Monastery at
Loyang, West of Kaifeng in the Henan (Honan) Province of Western
China, where the Huang He (Yangtze or Yellow River) tumbles out of the
break between Zhongtiao Shan (2367m) on the North and Quanbao Shan
(2094m) on the South, to flood the rest of China. At the Shaolin
Monastery, he widely disseminated his distorted views of Buddhism,
corrupting first the Shaolin Monks and ultimately the rest of the
world.

Bodhidharma's school was known as Dhyana (from the Mahayana source),
or as Ch'an in China, and eventually as Zen in Japan. It comes to
flower in many different forms, in many different places down through
the ages.

Bodhidharma's very existence is denied by the Zen community,
rendering the life of their founder as itself a void. This allows no
one to be responsible, and the Zen community to walk away from the
train wreck. So let's assume that the history is true, and hold
Bodhidharma and Zen accountable, just this once. There was surely a
founder who brought Dhyana from India, however many names he is
called.

Footnotes on Wu-Ti:

Concerning Emperor Wu: from "The Selection of the Time - Nichiren,
disciple of Shakyamuni Buddha", Writings of Nichiren Daishonin, p.
544:

. 'Those concerned about their next life would
. do better to be common people in this, the Latter
. Day of the Law, than be mighty rulers during the
. two thousand years of the Former and Middle Days
. of the Law. Why won't people believe this? Rather
. than be the chief priest of the Tendai school, it
. is better to be a leper who chants Nam-myoho-
. renge-kyo! As Emperor Wu of the Liang dynasty said
. in his vow, "I would rather be Devadatta and sink
. into the hell of incessant suffering than be the
. non-Buddhist sage Udraka Ramaputra."'

This reference is to a document in which Emperor Wu (464--549), the
first ruler of the Liang dynasty, pledged not to follow the way of
Taoism. It actually says that he would rather sink into the evil paths
for a long period of time for going against Buddhism (yet nevertheless
forming a bond with it) than be reborn in heaven by embracing the non-
Buddhist teachings. This story appears in The Annotations on "Great
Concentration and Insight." Udraka Ramaputra was a hermit and master
of yogic meditation, the second teacher under whom Shakyamuni
practiced. He is said to have been reborn in the highest of the four
realms in the world of formlessness.

>From the Encyclopedia Britannica:

. Wu-Ti: Born 464 , China. Died 549 , China
.
. Pinyin Wudi (posthumous name, or shih), personal
. name (hsing-ming) Hsiao Yen , temple name (miao-
. hao) (nan-liang) Kao-tsu founder and first emperor
. of the Southern Liang dynasty (502-557), which
. briefly held sway over South China. A great patron
. of Buddhism , he helped establish that religion in
. the south of China.
.
. Wu-ti was a relative of the emperor of the
. Southern Ch'i dynasty (479-502), one of the
. numerous dynasties that existed in South China in
. the turbulent period between the Han (206 BC-AD
. 220) and T'ang (618-907) dynasties. He led a
. successful revolt against the Southern Ch'i after
. his elder brother was put to death by the emperor.
. He proclaimed himself first emperor of the Liang
. dynasty in 502, and his reign proved to be longer
. and more stable than that of any other southern
. emperor in this period.
.
. A devout believer, Wu-ti diligently promoted
. Buddhism, preparing the first Chinese Tripitaka,
. or collection of all Buddhist scripts. In 527 and
. again in 529 he renounced the world and entered a
. monastery. He was persuaded to reassume office
. only with great difficulty. In 549 the capital was
. captured by a "barbarian" general, and Wu-ti died
. of starvation in a monastery.

____ Preface: Types of Zen _______________________________

There is a hierarchy of Zen, in power and toxicity. The lesser forms
of Zen pave the way in societies and cultures for the more powerful
forms. Once a society or culture is corrupted, in even the tiniest
way, by any form of Zen, the tendency will be to move inevitably
towards greater corruption by the more powerful and toxic variants. In
this way, Zen undermines everything that can be undermined in the
world, leaving only that which is incorruptible (the correct practice
of the Lotus Sutra). The hierarchy of Zen is as follows, in general
terms:

Physical Zen: All of the martial arts are based on Zen, starting
. with Shaolin Kung Fu, Tai Chi, Karate, Aikido, JiuJitsu,
. Judo, Kendo, Bushido, Ninjitsu, etc. Tai Chi came from
. Shaolin Qigong, which also led to Acupuncture,
. Acupressure and Falun Gong. As the chaos in society
. grows, people need to feel they can protect themselves and
. their loved ones, and in this way they are corrupted further.

Christian Zen, Jewish Zen, Hindu Zen, Islamic Zen: These are
. basically mixtures, wherein the monotheist believer in a
. deity, feels they can practice Zen meditation without a
. problem, since it is not theistic. While this reasoning is true,
. it ignores the absolutely overwhelming corruption produced
. by Zen, which will ultimately undermine their belief system
. and every facet of their life, by bringing all of the negatives
. in the Zen adherent's's daily life and environment to the
. forefront, with increasing amplification and psychotic
. effect.

Nuremberg Zen: The widespread belief by a population, that
. the purpose of the Buddha's advent in the world was to
. teach Zen: that Zen is Buddhism. This is, of course, an
. absolutely distorted view of the Buddha's life and teachings.
. Shakyamuni made it transparently clear, at the very end of
. his life in the Nirvana Sutra, wherein he states that the Lotus
. Sutra is his highest teaching in the past, present and future,
. and is the purpose of his advent on this Earth, and that his
. followers should honestly discard provisional teachings
. (teachings other than the Lotus Sutra).
.
. Nuremberg Zen was promulgated first by D.T. Suzuki's
. work with Paul Carus, then by Eugen Herrigel's Zen in the
. Art of Archery (and the many who copies: Zen in the Art
. of Marketing, Sales, Bakery, etc.) and finally by Alan Watts,
. the Norman Vincent Peale of Zen. Nuremberg Zen creates
. the environment of chaos and widespread misery that are
. the preconditions for the spread of more toxic forms of
. Zen.

Stanford Zen: This is the Lay organization of Zen. It was
. developed in conjunction with the activities of Frederic
. Spiegelberg, a Lutheran who taught theology at the
. University of Dresden, and fleeing the effects of Nuremberg
. Zen in Germany, came to teach at Stanford, and founded
. the American Academy of Asian Studies with Alan Watts
. and others, which became the California Institute of Integral
. Studies, after it spawned Esalen with Richard Price and
. Michael Murphy. Esalen was the proving ground for the
. Large Group Awareness Therapy organizations, of which
. Werner Erhard's EST was most prominent. EST morphed
. into a business school executive training seminar
. organization called the Landmark Forum, or Landmark
. Education, which has now become the de facto Lay
. organization for Zen, projecting itself onto Wall Street and
. the Fortune 500.

Green Dragon Zen: In this category I place Soto, which is the
. parent of the Green Dragon Society, Rinzai, Fuke, Northern
. and Southern Chinese Ch'an sects, Vietnamese and Korean
. sects, and all the variant sects which practice the most toxic
. forms of Zen: those which actually use the Lotus Sutra as a
. means to promulgate their distorted views of Buddhism.
. This is the greatest slander of the Lotus Sutra which is
. possible. I lump them all under the Green Dragon banner
. (I'm sure they do not appreciate this, but that is not a
. concern), because Green Dragon has had a tradition of
. secret propagation, and penetration of new areas with the
. most aggressive intent to build a lasting foothold in every
. society it touches. All of the other sects in any locale, will
. orient themselves to the Green Dragon.

Nuremberg Zen, Physical Zen and the monotheist Zen mixtures will all
eventually pave the way for Stanford Zen and the Green Dragon, if they
are not themselves undercut by the king of sutras, the Lotus Sutra.
(Zen believers cannot resist the allure of greater power. When they
try the Lotus Sutra and find that it fills the void inside, they will
find they like it.)

Finally, there is the enabling group for all of the worst religious
and social movements in history:

Fellowship of Evil Friends: This loosely collected group of
. Occultists,Theology professors and educators, is at the
. branching point for most of corrupt religious movements
. of the world. This grandfather of this group is the occultist
. Meister Eckart, and it includes: Dietrich Eckart (Thule
. Society), Paul Carus (Open Court Publishing), Frederic
. Spiegelberg (Stanford, AAAS), Michael Murphy (Esalen),
. and a host of powerful media people, pundits, gurus and
. self-help authors. They are all quite happy to connect you
. up with some form of evil, but step back from
. commitment themselves, always stopping at the door, as
. you foolishly, trustingly pass through. In this way they
. catalyze the evil transformation, but survive its effects to
. spread further evil, later on.

____ Preface: Powers of Zen ______________________________

Variations upon Zen which have evolved into new strains and then major
branches of Zen, have increased their toxic power by piling slander
upon slander over hundreds of years. The greatest slanders are
attached to the most powerfully evil forms of Zen, which are those
that have attacked the Lotus Sutra directly or the votaries (devotees)
of the Lotus Sutra, the Sangha, directly. One can think of this with
the mathematical analogy of a powers of a variable, that Zen becomes
exponentially more powerful and evil as slanders are piled upon
slanders ...

[Zen] Bodhidharma discards the Lotus Sutra, seeking wisdom that is
from transmissions outside the sutras, transmitted from person to
person (ishin denshin). The families of Chinese Zen under
Bodhidharma's influence include: Dhyana, Ch'an, Western Ch'an, Qigong,
Tai-Chi, Acupuncture, and the Chinese and Korean Martial Arts up to
1200 CE.

[Zen Squared] Dogen uses the Lotus Sutra as a means to teach and
propagate Zen. The families of Japanese Zen under Dogen's influence
are: Soto Zen, Rinzai Zen, Green Dragon Zen, Bushido and the Japanese
Martial Arts up to 1500 CE.

[Zen Cubed] Nobunaga, Hideyoshi and the Tokugawa Shogunate use various
Samurai and Daimyo tactics, which are based on Zen, to subjugate and
crush Nichiren Buddhism of the Lotus Sutra in the 1500s and 1600s. The
families of Japanese Zen under the Tokugawa influence are: Soto Zen,
Rinzai Zen, Green Dragon Zen, Bushido and the Japanese Martial Arts up
to 1867 CE.

[Zen Squared Squared] After the Meiji regime's overthrow of the
Tokugawa Shogunate, the militarization and buildup of Japanese society
into an armed camp, forces all of Buddhism under Shinto, and Zen
becomes Imperial Way Zen. This ultimately leads to the crushing of the
Lay organization of Nikko's School of Nichiren Buddhism, the Soka
Kyoiku Gakkai and the imprisonment of their leaders during the war,
and the death of their President Tsunesaburo Makiguchi. The families
of Imperial Way Zen are: Soto Zen, Rinzai Zen, Green Dragon Zen,
Bushido and the Japanese Martial Arts up to 1945 CE.

[Zen to the 5th] American Lay Zen from George Leonard's [Esalen]
influence: the Large Group Awareness Therapy or Training sessions,
Werner Erhard's EST, Landmark Forum, Landmark Education Seminars.

____ Preface: Zen Offends the Law ________________________

There is a principle which is central to the Buddhism of the Lotus
Sutra: Oneness of Person and Law, known as Nimpo-ikka in Japanese.

It is eternally true that the Law and the Buddha are fused, to make
life as we know it.

Since, according to Nichiren in the Ongi Kuden (The Oral Teachings, or
class notes from his lectures on the Lotus Sutra, taken by Nikko), one
meaning of "Myoho" is that delusion and enlightenment are fused (this
is also explained in the essential teachings of the Lotus Sutra, in
the Juryo or Life Span chapter) ...

This means that even for deluded mortals, there is always a condition
of oneness of person and Law.

The implication of this, is that wherever there is a slander of the
Law, then nearby and coincident with it, there is a slander of
humanity, by the principle of the simultaneity of cause and effect.

Hence, wherever Zen is propagated widely, there will be in each and
every instance, Toxic Zen Stories to tell.

What follows is one of these ...

____ Introduction ________________________________________

Dogen (1200-1253): The founder of the Japanese Soto school of Zen.
Dogen would quote the Lotus Sutra, but did not consider it any
differently from other sutras of the Buddha, this in spite of the
Buddha's own admonition to consider it higher than the previous
(Sutra of Immeasurable Meanings and before) and following sutras
(Nirvana Sutra and later). Hence, only provisional truth and partial
enlightenment could be had from it by him. The kind of enlightenment
that leads to compassionless domination of others ... as mere, empty
extensions of one's own Solipsistic body.

Dogen was popular with the government, because his teachings removed
the compassion from Samurai and Daimyo, rendering them fierce and
merciless warriors, who would shun no tactic to win, no matter how
vile.

>From "Nazi Cult Beliefs - (3) The German Vril":
(http://www.mystae.com/restricted/streams/masons/nazi.html)

. 'A frequent visitor to Landsberg prison where Hitler was
. writing Mein Kampf with the help of Rudolf Hess, was
. General Karl Haushofer, a university professor and
. director of the Munich Institute of Geopolitics.
. Haushofer, Hitler, and Hess had long conversations
. together. Hess also kept records of these
. conversations. Hitler's demands for German "living
. space" in the east at the expense of the Slavic nations
. were based on the geopolitical theories of the learned
. professor. Haushofer was also inclined toward the
. esoteric. As military attache in Japan, he had studied
. Zen-Buddhism. He had also gone through initiations at
. the hands of Tibetan lamas. He became Hitler's second
. "esoteric mentor", replacing Dietrich Eckart.'
.
. - Wulf Schwartzwaller, The Unknown Hitler

Eckart was an occultist and magician leader of the Thule Society who
was certainly the earliest corrupting influence on Hitler's psyche.
But after Eckart's death and meeting Haushofer, Adolph took a hard
right turn to become the first Nazi.

In "The Morning of the Magicians" (1960; 279) by Louis Pauwels and
Jacques Bergier they write:

. 'Occultism teaches that, after concluding a pact with hidden
. forces, the members of the group cannot evoke these forces
. save through the intermediary of a magician who, in turn,
. can do nothing without a medium. It would seem therefore
. that Hitler must have been the medium, and Haushofer the
. magician. Rudolf Hess had been Haushofer's assistant when
. the latter was a professor at the University of Munich.'
.
. 'It was he who had brought Haushofer and Hitler together.
. His flight to England during the war was the result of
. Haushofer having told him that he had seen him in a dream
. flying to England in an airplane. In one of the rare moments
. of lucidity which his inexplicable malady allowed him the
. prisoner Hess, the last survivor of the Thule Group, is said
. to have stated formally that Haushofer was the magician, the
. secret Master. (see Jack Fishman: The Seven Men of
. Spandau.)'

Hitler also adopted the Buddhist suwastika (the symbol of positive
rotation) and reversed it into the direction of evil, to drive home
the point. He also liked Tibetan Buddhism, which is the source of
Aryanism (http://www.crystalinks.com/hitler.html).

. 'Another important mystical organization behind the
. formation of Nazism was the "Vril" Society, which had
. been named after a book by Lord Bulward Litton - an
. English Rosicrucian. Litton's book told the story of an
. Aryan "super race" coming the Earth.' - William
. Bramley, The Gods of Eden
.
. 'In Berlin, Haushofer had founded the Luminous Lodge or
. the Vril Society. The Lodge's objective was to explore
. the origins of the Aryan race and to perform exercises
. in concentration to awaken the forces of "Vril".
. Haushofer was a student of the Russian magician and
. metaphysician Gregor Ivanovich Gurdyev (George
. Gurdjieff). Both Gurdjieff and Haushofer maintained
. that they had contacts with secret Tibetan lodges that
. possessed the secret of the "Superman". The Lodge
. included Hitler, Aalfred Rosenberg, Himmler, Göring,
. and Hitler's subsequent personal physician Dr. Morell.
. It is also known that Aleister Crowley and Gurdjieff
. sought contact with Hitler. Hitler's unusual powers of
. suggestion become more understandable if one keeps in
. mind that he had access to the 'secret' psychological
. techniques of the esoteric lodges. Haushofer taught him
. the techniques of Gurdjieff which, in turn, were based
. on the teachings of the Sufis and the Tibetan lamas-
. and familiarized him with the Zen teaching of the
. Japanese Green Dragon Society ...' - Wulf
. Schwartzwaller, The Unknown Hitler
.
. 'One member of the German Vril was Professor Karl
. Haushofer - a former employee of German military
. intelligence. Haushofer had been a mentor to Hitler as
. well as to...Rudolph Hess. (Hess had been an assistant
. to Haushofer at the University of Munich.) Another Vril
. member was the second most powerful man in Nazi
. Germany: Heinrich Himmler, who became head of the
. dreaded SS and Gestapo. Himmler incorporated the Vril
. Society into the Nazi Occult Bureau. Yet another
. mystical group was the Edelweiss Society, which
. preached the coming of a "Nordic messiah".... Herman
. Göring had become an active member of the Edelweiss
. Society in 1921 while living and working in Sweden.
. Göring believed Hitler to be the Nordic messiah.' -
. William Bramley, The Gods of Eden
.
. 'The idea for the use of the swastika by the Nazis came
. from a dentist named Dr. Friedrich Krohn who was a
. member of the secret Germanen Order. Krohn produced the
. design for the actual form in which the Nazis came to
. use the symbol, that is reversed, spinning in an anti-
. clockwise direction. as a solar symbol, the swastika is
. properly thought of as spinning, and the Buddhists have
. always believed the symbol attracted luck. The Sanskrit
. word 'svastika' means good fortune and well being.
. According to Cabbalistic lore and occult theory,
. chaotic force can be evoked by reversing the symbol.
. And so the symbol appeared as the flag of Nazi Germany
. and the insignia of the Nazi party, an indication for
. those who had eyes to see, as to the occult nature of
. the Third Reich.' - Bernard Schreiber. The Men Behind
. Hitler

____ Toxic Zen Story ______________________________

Berman, M. 1989. Coming to our senses. New York: Bantam Books, p. 269:

. 'The "character of Hitler's compulsive power over men's
. minds can only be understood in religious terms,"
. writes Joachim Fest; and we have already noted how the
. Abel documents reveal an odyssey of redemption, an
. imitatio Christi, with Hitler taking the place of Jesus
. and Mein Kampf replacing the Gospels....'
.
. '... Hitler lost his sight as a result of the gas
. attack, which was only slowly restored at Pasewalk, and
. this was accompanied by depression and mental
. instability... As Hitler lay in despair on his cot,
. recovering from Germany's defeat and surrender, he had
. a "supernatural vision" (this quotation is from the OSS
. Hitler Source Book). The blindness lifted; in an
. ecstatic trance, or "inner rapture," Hitler heard
. voices summoning him to save Germany, to deliver her
. from defeat....'
.
. 'Hitler emerged from the event as a charismatic with a
. politico-religious agenda. He changed markedly after
. this, which is, of course, a common feature of ascent
. experience. Hitler had not been a talented speaker
. before the war's end, yet by the spring of 1919 a
. member of the DAP (German Workers' Party, which Hitler
. would later join) heard him address a soldiers' council
. in Munich and noted "his almost occult power of
. suggestion over the assemblage." Hitler went from
. someone who was inward and bookish to being a powerful
. orator.... Hitler's effect was repeatedly described as
. hypnotic; leading Nazis described their moment of
. allegiance to Hitler as a kind of religious conversion,
. and this included Speer, Heydrich, Hess, Hans Frank,
. Julius Streicher, Goring, Goebbels, Hanfstaengl,
. Ribbentrop, and many others. In his public addresses in
. particular, the magic was the message; Speer said that
. the effect of a Hitler speech went far deeper than the
. content. The ascent experience got translated into a
. national, political context, with awesome
. results.(Berman, M. 1989, pp. 281-282)'

Apparently, Haushofer was there at the beginning, the middle and the
end. His son tried to atone, but failed and was killed.

>From "The Swastika and the Nazis - The Haushofer Connection":

(http://www.intelinet.org/swastika/swasti02.htm)

. 'Among Haushofer's students at Munich university was a
. young, bright army officer: Rudolf Hess. Soon Hess
. became Haushofer's favorite student. Later Hess also
. became one of the closest associates of Hitler. He was
. serving time with Hitler at Landsberg. It is a well
. known fact that it was Rudolf Hess who introduced
. Haushofer to Adolf Hitler, and also that the professor
. frequently visited the Führer while he was writing Mein
. Kampf in Landsberg Fortress prison after his failed
. Munich putsch in 1923.'
.
. 'After Hitler came to power in 1933, Professor Haushofer
. was instrumental in developing Germany's alliance with
. Japan. Most of the meetings between high rank Japanese
. officials and Nazi leaders took place at his home near
. Munich. He saw Japan as the brother nation to Germany,
. the Herrenwolk of the Orient.'
.
. 'Before the war Professor Haushofer and his son Albrecht
. maintained close contacts with British members of the
. Golden Dawn. When war between Germany and England broke
. out Haushofer tried to use his influence with Hess in
. trying to convince Hitler to make peace with the
. British.'
.
. 'In the Spring of 1941, after having failed to convince
. Hitler, Haushofer urged Hess to make a direct contact
. with the Duke of Hamilton, a Scottish member of the
. Golden Dawn. On may 10, 1941, Hess took off for
. Scotland. Whether Hitler knew his plans or not is still
. subject of debate among historians.'
.
. 'The British government, however, didn't even want to
. hear Hess' peace propositions and put him in jail
. incommunicado. After Hess' failure the Nazis denounced
. him as mentally disturbed.'
.
. 'Karl and Albrecht Haushofer fell from grace. Albrecht
. became involved in a failed coup d'etat against Hitler
. on July 20, 1941. Karl Haushofer was sent to the
. infamous Dachau concentration camp, and Albrecht to the
. Moabite prison in Berlin, where was later executed.'

The astonishing fact here, is that Karl Haushofer's wife and
Albrecht's mother was half-Jewish.

Can you imagine what it was like for her? To see her husband's
disciple (Hitler) go on to create a hell on earth for her people? This
is the kind of fate reserved for those who attach themselves to Zen
believers.

. 'Some authors claim that, while in Japan, Haushofer was
. active in the ultra-secret Green Dragon Society, whose
. members were under oath to commit ritual suicide if
. faced with dishonor. After the war Haushofer was among
. the Nazi members to be put to trial before the
. Nuremberg War Crimes Tribunal. But Professor Haushofer
. never went to trial. After killing his wife, Karl
. Haushofer committed suicide in the traditional Japanese
. way, cutting his intestines with a sharp samurai short
. sword, in a personal, formal ceremony called seppuku
. (commonly known as hara- kiri).'

So, Karl got the rare opportunity to observe the results of his
thorough observance of Zen principles, on his trip to Dachau. He paid
the price of following those principles, and acting on those distorted
views, with the life of his family. How very ZEN, is this amazing
story.

By the way, the Green Dragon society is thriving today ... most of
Northern California Zen is Green Dragon.

| 'Abbots of San Francisco Zen Center'
| (http://www.sfzc.com/Pages/Miscellaneous_Pages/ab
| bot.html)
|.
| 'Shunryu Suzuki-roshi, a Japanese Zen priest belonging
| to the Soto lineage, came to San Francisco in 1959 at
| the age of fifty-four. Already a respected Zen master
| in Japan, he was impressed by the seriousness and
| quality of "beginner's mind" among Americans he met who
| were interested in Zen and decided to settle here. As
| more and more people of non-Japanese background joined
| him in meditation, Zen Center came into being and he
| was its first abbot. Under his tutelage, Zen Center
| grew into City Center, Green Gulch Farm and Tassajara
| Zen Mountain Center. He was undoubtedly one of the most
| influential Zen teachers of his time. Some of his
| edited talks have been collected in the books Zen Mind,
| Beginner's Mind and Branching Streams Flow in the
| Darkness: Zen Talks on the Sandokai. Suzuki-roshi died
| in 1971. '

Shunryu Suzuki-roshi was of the Green Dragon Society. This is why the
Green Gulch Farm in Sausalito is called the Green Dragon Temple. I
guess they don't mind the association, folks like Marilyn Walker,
mother of John Walker Lindh, the American Taliban. I wonder if John
minded?

I don't think we need much discussion on the void Hitler left in
Germany and Europe, as he passed through life.

A westernized Zen was making it's rounds of the capitals of Europe, in
academia and society in the late 1800's and early 1900's. D.T.
Suzuki's effects and later those of Eugen Herrigel were felt far and
wide in both the future victimizers (Germanic culture) and victims
(Jewish, Nordic, French cultures, and many defenseless subcultures).
That Nuremberg Zen was to figure prominently in the rise of Nazism.

But Adolph Hitler got his Zen directly from a personal, undiluted, and
thoroughly unwesternized source: Karl Haushofer, a student of Japanese
Zen.

The kind of horrific and inhuman behavior, like the second world war
and the Holocaust that was its centerpiece, are characteristic of a
Major Zen Historic Event (MZHE). It can only happen in conjunction
with a major slander of the Buddha's intended highest teachings.
Suzuki's, and especially Herrigel's popularization of Zen (yet to
unfold), written while he was at Erlangen near Nuremberg is that
slander.

Thusly, Nazism is an offshoot of Zen, mixed with occultism and
Tibetan Buddhism and some other things. Clearly, however, the
influence of the Void is predominant: the thought that life is just
there for whatever possibility you want to pursue, no-holds-barred,
and without concern for the results in the lives of others. Nazism is
basically Zen.

____ Epilog _______________________________________

The Buddha's highest teachings were the purpose of the Buddha's advent
on this earth.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to drain people's compassion
with discussions of the emptiness and meaninglessness of life which is
just a void.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to teach people to live in
such a narrow and momentary way, that there would be no context for
self-examination and conscience.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to possess people's minds with
such illogic as to befuddle their ability to choose correctly between
what is good and what is evil.

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to teach people how to commit
atrocities and genocide, in the exploration of their "infinite
possibilities", or "new states of being".

The Buddha did not appear on this earth to teach people how to maim
and kill with their hands efficiently, quietly, loudly, with increased
terror inflicted, or to maximize their subjugation to control the
public sentiments for political ends.

These are all profoundly evil distortions of the Buddha's true
teachings, which introduce infinities in the variables holding good
and evil, removing all shades of gray in the propositional calculus of
value.

Simply stated, the Buddha made his advent on this earth with the
purpose of teaching the compassionate way of the bodhisattva, which is
at the heart of the true entity of all phenomena, which is the eternal
Buddha at one with the eternal Law. Which is how to navigate the sea
of sufferings of birth, aging, sickness and death. He originally set
out on his path, because of his observation of the sufferings of
common people and wanting to understand the source of those sufferings
(enlightened wisdom) and how to transform those sufferings into
unshakable happiness (enlightened action).

When you embrace the void, in that moment you create an emptiness in
your future. Each time you embrace the void again, that emptiness
grows. But it doesn't have to be ...

Nichiren Daishonin writes (Encouragement to a Sick Person, WND p. 78):

. "During the Former and Middle Days of the Law, the
. five impurities began to appear, and in the Latter
. Day, they are rampant. They give rise to the great
. waves of a gale, which not only beat against the
. shore, but strike each other. The impurity of
. thought has been such that, as the Former and
. Middle Days of the Law gradually passed, people
. transmitted insignificant erroneous teachings
. while destroying the unfathomable correct
. teaching. It therefore appears that more people
. have fallen into the evil paths because of errors
. with respect to Buddhism than because of secular
. misdeeds."

Because Bodhidharma discarded the Buddha's highest teaching (the Lotus
Sutra), and due to his lazy nature turned to shortcuts to
enlightenment, he came to the distorted view that life is acausal and
empty, that the true entity is the void.

This erroneous view really comes from a misunderstanding of the Sutra
of Immeasurable Meanings, where the True Entity is described by
negation (the only way it can be): "... neither square, nor round,
neither short, nor long, ..."

The description of the True Entity is logically voidal, but the True
Entity itself is not. Bodhidharma was simply confused, due to the
slander of negligence (laziness), and false confidence. The truth of
life is that at the heart of the True Entity is the compassion of a
bodhisattva for others.

Non-substantiality does not mean empty. Life has value. Humans are
respectworthy. There is a purpose to everything. And every cause has
an effect, so we are responsible for our thoughts, words and deeds.
Zen is acausal. Zen is the greatest poison, which compares to the even
greater medicine of the Lotus Sutra.

Suffice it to say: the purpose of Zen in the world is to corrupt and
undermine everything that is not based upon the truth and the true
teaching. All religions, disciplines, institutions and organizations
which are undermined by Zen will eventually fall after glaring
revelation of their worst defects, sooner rather than later.

If there is some good in your family, locality, society and culture,
or country that you would like to retain, then cease the Zen, and
begin to apply the medicine of the Lotus Sutra to heal the Zen wound
in your life.

"Zen is the work of devilish minds." - Nichiren

-Chas.

. a prescription for the poisoned ones:
.
. The only antidote for the toxic effects of Zen in your life ...
.
. be that from Zen meditation, or the variant forms: physical
. Zen in the martial arts, Qigong, Acupuncture, Falun Gong,
. Copenhagen Convention of Quantum Mechanics, EST,
. Landmark Education, Nazism, Bushido, the Jesuits,
. Al Qaeda, or merely from having the distorted view that life
. is acausal, and that the true entity of all phenomena
. is the void ...
.
. with the effects of the loss of loved ones, detachment,
. isolation or various forms of emptiness in your life ...
.
. is the Lotus Sutra: chant Nam-Myoho-Renge-Kyo
. at least 3 times, twice a day, for the rest of your life,
. in at least a whisper ...
.
. and if you can, chant abundantly in a resonant voice !!!
.
. Nichiren Daishonin's Gosho and the
. SGI Dictionary of Buddhism are located at:
.
http://www.sgilibrary.org/writings.php
http://www.sgilibrary.org/dict.html
.
. The full 28 Chapters of the Lotus Sutra (and many other
. wonderful things) are online at the SGI website:
.
http://sgi-usa.org/buddhism/library/Buddhism/LotusSutra/
.
. To find an SGI Community Center:
.
http://sgi-usa.org/thesgiusa/findus/
__________________________________

LS Chap. 2

If I used a lesser vehicle
to convert even one person,
I would be guilty of stinginess and greed,
but such a thing would be impossible.
If a person will believe and take refuge in the Buddha,
the Thus Come One will never deceive him,
nor will he ever show greed or jealousy,
for he has rooted out evil from among the phenomena.
Therefore throughout the ten directions
the Buddha alone is without fear.

This anthology:

http://groups.google.com/groups/search?q=%22disbarring+zen%22+(%22Toxic+Zen+Story%22+OR+%22Survivor+Gita%22+OR+%2247+U.S.C.+223%22)&scoring=d&num=100&

godszen

Apr 10, 2007, 5:59:35 PM4/10/07
is there any particular point you are trying to make?

Kurt

Apr 10, 2007, 7:51:32 PM4/10/07
In article <1176242375.7...@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
"godszen" <god...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> is there any particular point you are trying to make?

He posts this same drivel under many aliases. Got himself booted off
Google groups once. Just killfile him like everyone else has.

DontFeed...@mailinator.com

Apr 10, 2007, 8:17:20 PM4/10/07
On Apr 10, 2:59 pm, "godszen" <gods...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> is there any particular point you are trying to make?

Please don't feed this troll by replying. Any reply makes him think
that people actually read his spam.

Tinny Ray

Apr 10, 2007, 8:55:40 PM4/10/07
Swastika pictures http://rexcurry.net/swastika3clear.jpg and Pledge of
Allegiance pictures http://rexcurry.net/pledge-allegiance-pledge-allegiance.jpg
expose shocking secrets about American history.

Swastika symbols as alphabetic symbolism originated in the USA where
it was adopted later as Nazism's swastika. Swastikas became
overlapping S-letters for "socialism" under the National Socialist
German Workers' Party, as shown in the research of the noted historian
Dr. Rex Curry (author of Swastika Secrets).
http://rexcurry.net/book1a1contents-swastika.html

Socialists in the USA originated the Nazi salute, robotic group-
chanting to flags, Nazism, flag fetishism, and the modern swastika as
"S" symbolism for "Socialism." http://rexcurry.net/pledge2.html

Although the swastika was an ancient symbol, its use was altered to
alphabetic symbolism in modern times.

The symbol had also been used as S symbolism for socialism by the
Union of Soviet Socialist Republics. http://rexcurry.net/ussr-socialist-swastika-cccp-sssr.html

Many people do not know that the term "Nazi" means "National Socialist
German Workers' Party" and that members of the horrid group did not
call themselves Nazis, but called themselves socialists.

Swastikas as alphabetic symbolism began in the USA as early as 1875
and continued through the creation of the National Socialist German
Workers' Party (German Nazis or NSGWP or Nazis).
http://rexcurry.net/theosophy-madame-blavatsky-theosophical-society.html

Also see http://rexcurry.net/45th-infantry-division-swastika-sooner-soldiers.html

It explains a similar image of a swstika http://rexcurry.net/ussr-socialist-swastika1919-1920cav.jpg

The NSGWP had clear roots in National Socialism promoted by socialists
in the USA.

Much of that history includes the history of the Pledge Of Allegiance.
The "Nazi salute" is more accurately called the "American salute" as
it was created and popularized by national socialists in the USA as
the early salute of the Pledge of Allegiance.

The Pledge was written by Francis Bellamy. http://rexcurry.net/pledgetragedy.html
Francis Bellamy was cousin and cohort of Edward Bellamy.
http://rexcurry.net/pledgebackward.html Edward Bellamy and Francis
Bellamy were self-proclaimed Christian Socialists in the Nationalism
movement and they promoted military socialism.

Their socialist pledge was mandated by law in government schools for
three decades before, and through, the creation of the National
Socialist German Workers' Party. It was the worship of government.
http://rexcurry.net/book1a1contents-pledge.html

Wikipedia supports Dr. Curry's work. http://rexcurry.net/roman-salute-metropolitan-museum-of-art.html

Media coverage about the discoveries continues to grow
http://rexcurry.net/audio-rex-curry-podcast-radio.html

Fan mail for work exposing the Pledge's poisonous pedigree is at
http://rexcurry.net/pledge_heart.html

Amazon.com has adopted as its policies the recommendations made by Dr.
Curry. http://rexcurry.net/amazon-com-book-reviews-tags-discussions.html

The original pledge was anti libertarian and began with a military
salute that then stretched out toward the flag. In actual use, the
second part of the gesture was performed with a straight arm and palm
down by children casually performing the forced ritual chanting. Due
to the way that both gestures were used sequentially in the pledge,
the military salute led to the Nazi salute. The Nazi salute is an
extended military salute via the USA's pledge.

The Pledge's early salute caused quite a Fuhrer/furor. The dogma
behind the Pledge was the same dogma that led to the socialist
Wholecost (of which the Holocaust was a part): 62 million slaughtered
under the Union of Soviet Socialist Republics; 49 million under the
Peoples' Republic of China; 21 million under the National Socialist
German Workers' Party. It was the worst slaughter of humanity ever.

The USA is still the worst example in the world of bizarre laws that
require robotic chanting to a national flag in government schools
(socialist schools) every day for 12 years. It has changed generations
of Americans from libertarians to authoritarians. The government
bamboozled individuals into believing that collective robotic chanting
in government schools daily is a beautiful expression of freedom.
Frightening photographs are at http://rexcurry.net/pledge2.html

Disbarring Zen Stories

Apr 10, 2007, 11:16:44 PM4/10/07
On Apr 10, 2:59?pm, "godszen" <gods...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> is there any particular point you are trying to make?

Various and sundry points, I am making.

-Chas.

Disbarring Zen Stories

Apr 10, 2007, 11:20:17 PM4/10/07
On Apr 10, 4:51�pm, Kurt <labol...@spacegmail.com> wrote:
> In article <1176242375.778566.171...@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,

>  "godszen" <gods...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > is there any particular point you are trying to make?
>
> He posts this same drivel under many aliases. Got himself booted off
> Google groups once. Just killfile him like everyone else has.
>
> --
> To reply by email, remove the word "space"

Yeah, you guys tried hard with that. I chant a lot more than all of
you put together, and that's the only reason I am still here refuting
your evil.

"When the roots are exposed, the branches wither" - Nichiren.

-Chas.

Disbarring Zen Stories

Apr 11, 2007, 12:14:35 AM4/11/07
On Apr 10, 5:55 pm, "Tinny Ray" <b...@ij.net> wrote:

> Swastika symbols as alphabetic symbolism originated in the USA where
> it was adopted later as Nazism's swastika.  Swastikas became
> overlapping S-letters for "socialism"  under the National Socialist
> German Workers' Party, as shown in the research of the noted historian

> Dr. Rex Curry ...

On Apr 10, 5:55 pm, "Tinny Ray" <b...@ij.net> wrote:

The problem with your thesis is the presence of thousands of swastikas
in both orientations on the sculptures that originally surrounded the
oldest "Great Stupa at Amaravati", which carbon date (small pieces of
fiber in the making of the sculptures) back to as early as 450 BCE.
>From the Soka Gakkai Dictionary <http://www.sgilibrary.org/
search_dict.php?id=242>:

. Buddhist Councils
. [結集] (Skt samgiti; Jpn ketsuju )
.
. Assemblies of monks held after Shakyamuni Buddha's death
. to compile and confirm the Buddha's teachings so as to
. ensure their accurate preservation and transmission. It
. is said that four such councils were held during the
. four hundred years following the Buddha's death. The
. Sanskrit samgiti means singing or reciting in unison.
. This reflects the method by which the Buddha's teachings
. were passed from one generation to the next during that
. period, that is, by memorization and recitation, rather
. than by written record.
.
. (1) The First Buddhist Council was convened shortly
. after Shakyamuni's death with the support of King
. Ajatashatru in the Cave of the Seven Leaves near
. Rajagriha in Magadha, India. About five hundred monks
. (one thousand according to another account) participated
. under the leadership of Mahakashyapa. It is said that
. Ananda recited the sutras and Upali recited the vinaya,
. or monastic rules of discipline. The others confirmed
. the correctness of their recitation and then recited the
. teachings again in unison, thus establishing a
. definitive version.
.
. (2) The Second Buddhist Council was held about one
. hundred years after the first council, when seven
. hundred monks led by Yasa gathered in Vaishali, India.
. It is therefore known also as the Gathering of Seven
. Hundred Monks. At that time, the monks of the Vriji
. tribe in Vaishaliwere advocating a more liberal
. interpretation of the precepts, a move that disturbed
. many of the older, more conservative monks. The council
. headed by Yasa rejected that interpretation, but
. controversy over this issue eventually led to the first
. schism in the Buddhist Order. (Tradition in Kashmir
. holds that it was disagreement over the five teachings
. of Mahadeva that provoked the schism.) See also ten
. unlawful revisions.
.
. (3) The Third Buddhist Council was held with the support
. of King Ashoka at Pataliputra in India some one hundred
. years after the second council. One thousand monks under
. Moggaliputta Tissa assembled to clear up confusion and
. correct misinterpretations in the Buddha's teachings. It
. is said that at this assembly the abhidharma works, or
. commentaries and treatises, were compiled and
. incorporated into one of the three divisions of the
. Buddhist canon.
.
. (4) The Fourth Buddhist Council was held in Kashmir,
. under the patronage of King Kanishka about two hundred
. years after the third council. Five hundred monks led by
. Vasumitra revised the canon and established a definitive
. version.The Great Commentary on the Abhidharma is
. attributed to this council.Accounts of these Buddhist
. Councils in Northern Buddhism differ slightly from those
. in Southern Buddhism.

This upsets your timeline, and yours is not the only one.

It means that it places King Ashoka's empire previous to that time
(now 500 BCE or earlier) along with the Third Council which was during
his reign (now 500 BCE or earlier), which was 230 years after the
death of the Buddhs (now 730 BCE or earlier), which was 80 years after
the Buddha's birth (now 810 BCE or earlier).

This means all the historians are wrong, and Nichiren Daishonin, who
placed the Buddha's date of death around 900 BCE, is looking more
right. (Heh. The Daishonin is winning another one.)

If the Daishonin is right and the Buddha's death IS 900 BCE, then King
Ashoka's reign is around 670 BCE (when the Great Stupa was built) and
then the decorations on the Stupa came later as the first images of
the Buddha were made. [Later, those images would be worshipped and
Buddhism in India would start its long trek into idol-worshipping.]

If all that is true, then King Ashoka's emissaries that spread
Buddhism to Greece actually talk to the Myceneans, not the Greeks of
Alexander's time.

And then the visit by Homer's (7th or 8th century BCE) Odysseus to the
land of the Lotus Eaters makes more sense, because King Ashoka upheld
the Lotus Sutra, the highest teaching of the Buddha. From the
Wikipedia <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lotus_eaters>:

. In Greek mythology, the Lotophagi (Greek Λωτοφάγοι, lotus-eaters)
. were a race of people from an island near Northern
. Africa dominated by "lotus" plants. The lotus fruits and
. flowers were the primary foodstuff of the island and
. were narcotic, causing the people to sleep in peaceful
. apathy.
.
. The relevant part from the Odyssey (Book IX, translated
. by Samuel Butler):
.
. "I was driven thence by foul winds for a space
. of nine days upon the sea, but on the tenth day
. we reached the land of the Lotus-eaters, who
. live on a food that comes from a kind of flower.
. Here we landed to take in fresh water, and our
. crews got their mid-day meal on the shore near
. the ships. When they had eaten and drunk I sent
. two of my company to see what manner of men the
. people of the place might be, and they had a
. third man under them. They started at once, and
. went about among the Lotus- eaters, who did them
. no hurt, but gave them to eat of the lotus,
. which was so delicious that those who ate of it
. left off caring about home, and did not even
. want to go back and say what had happened to
. them, but were for staying and munching lotus
. with the Lotus-eaters without thinking further
. of their return; nevertheless, though they wept
. bitterly I forced them back to the ships and
. made them fast under the benches. Then I told
. the rest to go on board at once, lest any of
. them should taste of the lotus and leave off
. wanting to get home, so they took their places
. and smote the grey sea with their oars."

-Chas.

"Stop the Pledge of Allegiance"

Apr 11, 2007, 3:20:30 AM4/11/07
The problem with your comment is that the swastikas you mention were not
used as alphabetic symbolism for "socialism" nor for the "S" letter at all,
nor even as any letter of the alphabet. The manner of your writing gives the
odd appearance that you are arguing that ancient Buddhism used the symbol to
signify that Buddhism was the original dogma of the National Socialist
German Workers' Party, and that seems absurd. Your attempt to portray
ancient Buddhism swastikas as overlapping alphabetical S-letters is also
disputed by the fact that the presence of thousands of swastikas (that you
reference) are in both orientations (on the sculptures that originally
surrounded the oldest "Great Stupa at Amaravati"). Again, indicating that
many of them are not in the S-letter direction and that they are not being
used as alphabetical symbols for "S." You do not even suggest a single
manner in which the ancient swastikas you reference were intended as letters
at all, which letters, nor for what words.

Swastika pictures http://rexcurry.net/swastika3clear.jpg and Pledge of
Allegiance pictures
http://rexcurry.net/pledge-allegiance-pledge-allegiance.jpg expose shocking
secrets about American history.

Swastika symbols as alphabetic symbolism for "socialism" originated in the
USA where it was adopted later as Nazism's swastika. Swastikas spread as

[...]

Cody

Apr 11, 2007, 5:38:48 AM4/11/07
Disbarring Zen Stories wrote:
> On Apr 10, 4:51�pm, Kurt <labol...@spacegmail.com> wrote:
>> In article <1176242375.778566.171...@w1g2000hsg.googlegroups.com>,
>>
>> �"godszen" <gods...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>> is there any particular point you are trying to make?
>> He posts this same drivel under many aliases. Got himself booted off
>> Google groups once. Just killfile him like everyone else has.
>>
>> --
>> To reply by email, remove the word "space"
>
> Yeah, you guys tried hard with that.

Not me. I just highlight one of your spam messages, cntrl A and shift C
and all your messages are marked read and the next time I click on ARBN,
all your messages are gone.

I chant a lot more than all of
> you put together,

Not possible.

and that's the only reason I am still here refuting
> your evil.

No, you're here spamming drivel.

Cody

Cody

Apr 11, 2007, 5:40:21 AM4/11/07

The only thing you are doing is giving yourself and SGI a bad name on
Usenet.

Cody

Kurt

Apr 11, 2007, 10:31:15 AM4/11/07
In article <922Th.5073$ak1....@news.ono.com>, Cody <n...@aol.edu>
wrote:

Cody, most of us have him kill-filed, the poor guy.

Cody

Apr 11, 2007, 11:22:42 AM4/11/07

I have better things to do with my time than continually updating a Chas
kill file as he changes his email address continually. When I don't want
to read posts from a certain poster, I use self control and just don't
read them. I just hit Shift C which marks all the posts read and I have
my newsreader configured to only show threads with unread messages. The
Shift C, btw, only works with T-Bird using Ubuntu Linux.

That said, I wonder if Chas has gotten the nerve yet to call Craig. I am
sure Craig would have a great time talking to him on the phone. Heh.
Craig's already shakubukued over ten people in the Philippines in the
few short months he's been there. Maybe Chas would want to talk to him
about that. Har, har, har!

Cody

Kurt

Apr 11, 2007, 11:42:57 AM4/11/07

Yes, but there are nutcases in all the newsgroups and they all do thew
same thing, spam with different aliases, repost the same stuff over and
over - Especially the religion groups. For Chas, this is the only
soapbox he has.