fingers

1 view

steve robinson

Nov 4, 2012, 11:02:12 AM11/4/12
wife picks up ferrets, forgets one important thing , wash hands if you
have handled chicken :)

Hows everyone else's little monsters mine are getting fatter, beautiful
new coats and they are not coming out of the hidihole so often

FerretDad

Nov 5, 2012, 5:17:01 PM11/5/12
steve robinson wrote:

> wife picks up ferrets, forgets one important thing , wash hands if you
> have handled chicken :)

Did you also know (probably) that unlike other pets, ferrets can contract
the flu or colds from humans. Need to be careful handling them if you're
sick.

> Hows everyone else's little monsters mine are getting fatter, beautiful
> new coats and they are not coming out of the hidihole so often

Great to hear from you Steve. I was planning to write soon myself. Sounds
like yours are settling down for winter. Hope they and you are doing well.

My girls are out now and bipping all around the house. As they get into too
much mischief, they stay in their cage while I'm at work. Out they go once I
get home though. Even though they are indoor ferrets, my house temp is
cooler now so they are growing their winter fur.

You wouldn't believe Jackie's fur now that she's growing the winter coat.
It's a nice blend of dark colors but lately it's turned so darn thick and
soft. Fur traders would pay a premium for her fur. I've never had another
ferret with such amazing fur.

She's always had the nice unique fur. I might have mentioned in the past
that I often tease her that someday I'll make a nice pair of fur-lined
gloves out of her. She just stares at me for a minute then starts yawning.
hahhhehe She knows I'm kidding and is probably tired of hearing that.

Both Jackie and Mia have birthdays coming up in December. Jackie will be 5
and Mia will be 4.

Take care!
Gary