Windows XP detects my 3D Prophet II MX as Nvidia GeForce MX/MX 400

Taliesyn

Oct 31, 2001, 10:57:38 PM10/31/01
I had a clean install of Windows XP and it now detects my Hercules
3D Prophet II MX as an Nvidia GeForce MX/MX 400 video adapter. Picture
seems fine but I had more preferences and fine adjustment possible under
my old Hercules 3D Prophet II MX driver. Can anyone help with the basic
procedure for getting "Hurc" (adapter and driver) back on his throne?
Thanks very much.

-Taliesyn

Maarten W.G. Andriessen

Nov 1, 2001, 1:21:45 AM11/1/01

"Taliesyn" <tali...@my-deja.com> wrote in message

Use the NVidia Detonator driver for XP from www.nvidia.com. You will get
about the same options as the Hercules driver. Hercules also had XP drivers
out btw, but the NVidia drivers are usually slightly faster and better. If
you use TV-Out, use the Hercules driver.

Maarten

Simon Economides

Nov 1, 2001, 2:01:32 AM11/1/01
Exactly the same happened to my drivers when I upgraded to XP. However, the
new detonator drivers from NVidia have caused my system to crash on several
occassions ( especially under IE6!). Eventually had to run a System restore
to get me back to the original set up which, as you say, works fine but
doesn't have the tweaks and seems a little slow. You may do OK with the
Hercules Drivers but be warned..
Sim

zero

Nov 2, 2001, 11:59:43 AM11/2/01

That's because it IS an NVidia GeForce II MX
Hercules reccomends that you use the NVidia Detonator XP drivers

danny

Nov 4, 2001, 2:47:00 AM11/4/01
"zero" <ze...@mail.cum> wrote in message news:<tdAE7.24716$8D4.4...@news20.bellglobal.com>...

> That's because it IS an NVidia GeForce II MX
> Hercules reccomends that you use the NVidia Detonator XP drivers

I don't believe that. Hercules have new XP drivers out on their
website and they work swimmingly with my GF2MX, their drivers have
always been better than the nvidia reference ones, which just have
endless glitches and peculiarities, that's been my exp. anyway...

Danny.

confused

Nov 5, 2001, 11:08:36 AM11/5/01
Couldn't see Hercules drivers for Geforce2MX on their site, could you
provide the download link pleaase?
Thanks
"danny" <ent...@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message

Txl

Nov 5, 2001, 12:05:52 PM11/5/01
www.reactorcritical.com for the latest drivers...

currently 22.50 uncertified but work great

"confused" <conf...@home.com> a écrit dans le message de news:
3be6b97d$1...@mk-nntp-1.news.uk.worldonline.com...

Matthew Watkins

Nov 7, 2001, 7:12:32 PM11/7/01
get the drivers here

http://www.nvidia.com/view.asp?PAGE=windows2000

This link will get the exact drivers that you need. Roll back to the PCI
driver, then install the updated ones. No problems anymore!