Google Grupper understøtter ikke længere nye Usenet-opslag eller -abonnementer. Tidligere indhold er fortsat synligt.

Whos is successfully using a Samsung ML-2010R?

66 visninger
Gå til det første ulæste opslag

Simon Sibbez

ulæst,
22. jul. 2008, 12.07.0022.07.2008
til
Hi,

I've fought with this printer all day, but could not achieve victory.

My bag of tricks is as empty as the dollar, and that means every trick
you can think of has been thought of, even from around the corner thru
your knee and out your chest. But I'm getting carried away here...

It's recognized correctly, there are seemingly sufficient drivers for
cups (on slack 12) available - via Samsung CD, and splix. I got as far
as that cups is kinda simulating the print - doing its pretty graphics
stuff for printing a test page, telling me print jobs are successfully
completed but nada. Printer status is displayed correctly; shown as
off when it's off, idle when it's idle, ...

So. After carrying the Naughty Boy back to the dealer, who had this
annoying smirk on his face after I told him my war diary, the sucker
was successfully tested on Winblows. Great. It's working.

Now, to make this a shorty, finally:

I'm looking for someone who is successfully using a Samsung ML-2010R
monochrome laserprinter, and would kindly send me his working
cupsd.conf and the corresponding .ppd file.

Thank you very much.

-- Simon

Two Ravens

ulæst,
22. jul. 2008, 12.27.4322.07.2008
til
Simon Sibbez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've fought with this printer all day, but could not achieve victory.

I had a similar problem with the ML-1210 until I found the driver hidden
away on a Samsung web-site have a look here
http://ircfast.com/lv/group/view/kl35339/Driver_Samsung_ML-2010R_XAA_Laser.htm
and see if that helps.
--
Two Ravens
"...hit the squirrel..."

Luis P. Mendes

ulæst,
22. jul. 2008, 20.43.2622.07.2008
til
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:07:00 +0200, Simon Sibbez wrote:

> Now, to make this a shorty, finally:
>
> I'm looking for someone who is successfully using a Samsung ML-2010R
> monochrome laserprinter, and would kindly send me his working cupsd.conf
> and the corresponding .ppd file.

Hi,

I have a ML-2010 working correctly in Slackware 12.0.

I also had to fight a bit to get it working but managed to do so.

Don't remember exactly everything I did, but here are some clues.

# ll /etc/cups/ppd/ML2010.ppd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 27978 2008-03-28 17:34 /etc/cups/ppd/ML2010.ppd
But I think this ppd file is not the one working.

In localhost:631/printer, I have
Make and Model: Samsung ML-2010 Foomatic/gdi

ll /usr/share/cups/model/Samsung-ML-2010-gdi.ppd
-rw-r--r-- 1 root root 27994 2007-11-02 13:20 /usr/share/cups/model/
Samsung-ML-2010-gdi.ppd

In:
# pwd
/etc/cups

I have this, so that you can configure the printer like so in
localhost:631
# cat printers.conf
# Printer configuration file for CUPS v1.2.11
# Written by cupsd on 2008-06-17 15:13
<DefaultPrinter ML2010>
Info Samsung ML-2010 Mono Laser Printer
DeviceURI usb://Samsung/ML-2010
State Idle
StateTime 1213711993
Accepting Yes
Shared Yes
JobSheets none none
QuotaPeriod 0
PageLimit 0
KLimit 0
OpPolicy default
ErrorPolicy stop-printer
</Printer>

Hope this helps!

Luis

Miguel De Anda

ulæst,
22. jul. 2008, 22.28.4922.07.2008
til
Simon Sibbez wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I've fought with this printer all day, but could not achieve victory.
>
> My bag of tricks is as empty as the dollar, and that means every trick
> you can think of has been thought of, even from around the corner thru
> your knee and out your chest. But I'm getting carried away here...

At some point I updated espgs and cups and it got broken on my slack 11 or
12 system. I don't have the 'R', but I have ml-2010. I used the drivers on
the cd and also those from the samsung website, not splix. I think splix is
supposed to be better though.

When it got broken, the printer would send some error back, as if things
were compatible with each other. I don't remember how I finally fixed it,
either I upgraded to a newer slackware, but kept it stock, or reverted
updates.

Chris Vine

ulæst,
23. jul. 2008, 19.34.2023.07.2008
til
On Tue, 22 Jul 2008 18:07:00 +0200

Are you using an out-of-date splix? You need splix 1.1.0 or later.
With 1.1.0 it worked out of the box. I just plugged in the USB cable
and brought up the cups browser and it did the rest for me
automatically. (This is with Slack 12.0 and a self-compiled
splix-1.1.0.)

I can send you my splix-1.1.0 tarball compiled for i686 if that helps
(and you are using 12.0).

Chris

Simon Sibbez

ulæst,
26. jul. 2008, 10.36.2726.07.2008
til
Luis P. Mendes wrote:

> Samsung-ML-2010-gdi.ppd

That Postscript Printer Description file did the trick for me, thank
you!

-- Simon

danube

ulæst,
5. aug. 2008, 14.04.1405.08.2008
til

I am using this printer under lpr and the software provided by Samsung.
Works well.

JB

Tom Neilson

ulæst,
6. aug. 2008, 06.43.2906.08.2008
til
Simon,

I've forwarded to you (under seperate cover), the CUPS printer drivers
for SPL (Samsung Printer Language) and build script.

Regards,

Tom

--
Due to financial constraints, the light at the end of the tunnel has
been turned off until further notice !!

Simon Sibbez

ulæst,
7. aug. 2008, 10.25.3507.08.2008
til
Tom Neilson wrote:

> I've forwarded to you (under seperate cover), the CUPS printer
> drivers for SPL (Samsung Printer Language) and build script.

Thanks, I got it and really appreciate it.

I already tried that stuff (used also the SBo scripts, and the various
available splix source versions) before posting here, but it didn't
work and I applied the procedure you mentioned. The foomatic ppd file
saved me, tho. Connect the printer, fire up cups admin panel, install
the printer, choose foomatic ppd file, done.

In fact, now that I know how to get the printer running, I bought
another one but also complained to samsung support about the hassle,
whatever good that might do.

And thanks for all the other feedback I received.

-- Simon

0 nye opslag