DOS/EGA TrueType font

Mateusz Viste

Feb 6, 2008, 8:13:26 AM2/6/08
Hello,

Sorry for being a bit offtopic, as this news isn't really FreeDOS-related...

I made a TTF font which is exactly the same as the standard DOS/FreeDOS
font.
I redrawn each glyph using FontForge (a nice Linux font tool), and took the
FreeDOS *.cpi files as models. I named the font "DOS/EGA".

It's a vectorised TrueType font, therefore it may be used in any
size/resolution, in any TTF-enabled operating system. Personally, I am
using it when I want to print some source code, and have it set as default
in my notepad :-)

The TTF is in Unicode-BMP encoding, and I included as much glyphs as I
could.
It supports the following languages: english, polish, french, german, and
maybe czech, spanish and some others too (I do not checked what glyphs are
needed for other languages).

Anyway, the download is here:
http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/dos/dosega.zip (11 kb)

bye!
Mateusz Viste

Esra Sdrawkcab

Feb 6, 2008, 2:20:15 PM2/6/08

Thanks!

Mateusz Viste

Feb 7, 2008, 3:17:23 AM2/7/08
On Wednesday 06 February 2008 20:20, Esra Sdrawkcab wrote:
> Thanks!

Oh, it's nice to see that the alt.os.free-dos group isn't completly dead
yet :-)
It's strange that most people are on the mail list, as NNTP is a much better
medium...

Anyway, you're welcome ;-)

Mateusz Viste

vincent...@gmail.com

Sep 17, 2012, 9:41:40 PM9/17/12
thanks.. been looking for this..

ggpu...@bell.net

Aug 8, 2014, 11:43:11 PM8/8/14

> http://mateusz.viste.free.fr/dos/dosega.zip (11 kb)

Thank you very much for taking the time to do that.

ggp