Citrix ICA Client Error 1043: Invalid Parameter

Margaret Sholaas

Feb 7, 2003, 4:31:15 PM2/7/03
There seems to be an incompatibility between the ICA Client and the
driver for the Rainbow iKey USB-based smartcard. Under some
circumstances, which I have not identified, having this driver loaded
and then attempting to use the ICA Client to connect to a Citrix
server results in a failure of the session with "Error 1043: Invalid
Parameter".

I am greatly indebted to Chris Notley, whom I contacted after seeing
his early posting in this group asking about this problem. He saved me
many hours of work by telling me about the incompatibility (which
turned out to be my problem), and said his organization switched to
Aladdin e-Token after failing to get a solution from Rainbow.

tdodson

Feb 10, 2003, 2:19:08 PM2/10/03
Is there any documentation of this anywhere or details of what is
exactly happening to cause this? I'm having the same problem and need
some proof to get things changed.

Chris

Feb 25, 2003, 7:36:57 AM2/25/03
Hi Margaret,

the problem seems to be connected to the ICA client not being able to
support multiple smart card drivers on the host PC.

By default, the Rainbow iKey driver installs 4 virtual readers, this
is mainly to accomodate multiple USB ports available on the machine.

If you install the driver to only create one virtual driver, this will
solve your problem.

To do so, please follow these steps:
- Uninstall the iKey driver using Add/Remove Programs.
- Restart your PC
- Install the iKey driver from the command prompt
Ikeydrvr -a VR=ON READERS=1
- Restart your PC

The current iKey driver is available from
http://www.rainbow.com/support/eu_support_ikey.htm

I hope this helps,
let me know should you have any further questions.

Regards,
Chris

Margaret....@RIS.Lane.OR.US (Margaret Sholaas) wrote in message news:<2ec4c344.03020...@posting.google.com>...

---snip

> There seems to be an incompatibility between the ICA Client and the
> driver for the Rainbow iKey USB-based smartcard. Under some
> circumstances, which I have not identified, having this driver loaded
> and then attempting to use the ICA Client to connect to a Citrix
> server results in a failure of the session with "Error 1043: Invalid
> Parameter".

---snap