Comcast bills in advance?

Symp EL

Jul 5, 2006, 9:30:45 AM7/5/06
When did Comcast start billing in advance?

I got a bill yesterday and it was for two months of HSI. Never has been
like this in the past. I called CS and they said that is houw the
system bills now. I asked if I would get a bill next month, and she
said yes, and that would also be for two months.

Doesn't make any sense.....

Spector

Jul 5, 2006, 11:06:20 AM7/5/06
On 5 Jul 2006 06:30:45 -0700, "Symp EL" <sym...@gmail.com> wrote:

>When did Comcast start billing in advance?

I have had Comcast for about 15 years and they have always billed in
advance.

Symp EL

Jul 5, 2006, 11:29:33 AM7/5/06

Every month you pay in advance? I have just looked at all my bills and
I do not see them EVER billing me in advance.

Rick Merrill

Jul 5, 2006, 11:33:56 AM7/5/06

Usually only the first bill actually Shows paying in Advance.

Thomas T. Veldhouse

Jul 5, 2006, 12:08:07 PM7/5/06

Communication error. The question is where the error occurred.

--
Thomas T. Veldhouse

Thomas T. Veldhouse

Jul 5, 2006, 12:09:25 PM7/5/06

Your first bill is usually a partial first month and then the payment in
advance for the full second month. From that point on, you are always paying
in advance. With the cable TV bill, you are paying in advance, but you may
pay for PPV that was ordered previously (thus, only PPV is not paid in
advance).

Spector

Jul 5, 2006, 1:29:04 PM7/5/06

Sure enough. My current statement is 7/7 - 8/7.

Symp EL

Jul 5, 2006, 6:23:02 PM7/5/06

Its not my first bill. I have been a subscriber since Feb 04.

Barry Margolin

Jul 5, 2006, 9:49:34 PM7/5/06
In article <pjtna25nnp3fajila...@4ax.com>,
Spector <spec...@comcast.net> wrote:

Me too. I checked the bill I just paid, and it says "This statement is
for service from 07/01/06 through 07/31/06."

The OP may have been on a legacy system that was still using an old
provider's billing schedule, and they just got converted to the Comcast
standard schedule.

--
Barry Margolin, bar...@alum.mit.edu
Arlington, MA

Thomas T. Veldhouse

Jul 6, 2006, 8:31:48 AM7/6/06
Symp EL <sym...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Its not my first bill. I have been a subscriber since Feb 04.

My point is that from this point forward you will be "billed in advance" and
it will only be one month at a time.

Symp EL

Jul 6, 2006, 1:19:34 PM7/6/06

Ok here is what happened.

I have always been billed on the 4th of the month for the current
month. For example-

My bill reads 7/7 t0 8/6. Comcast says that is in advance, I always
understood it to be me paying for the current month I was in. No big
deal.

The reason I was charged double was because of a billing system change.
Comcast apologized for the error and issued me a credit and issued me a
credit of $58.87. It is more than my monthly charge so I just shut up
and said "thank you".

I was assuered that this will not happen next month.