Healthwatch - Ric Flair, Rassler (Heart issues)

Michael OConnor

Aug 14, 2017, 9:18:02 PM8/14/17
http://www.wyff4.com/article/we-need-your-prayers-wrestling-icon-ric-flairs-management-team-says/12007280

We need your prayers,' Wrestling icon Ric Flair's management team says

Flair, 68, was hospitalized over the weekend for heart issues

9:47 AM EDT Aug 14, 2017

CHARLOTTE, NC (WIS) —
Wrestling legend Ric Flair needs prayers, his management team said over the weekend.

Flair, 68, was hospitalized over the weekend for heart issues, according to several reports, but now the icon's managers say he's dealing with some "tough medical issues."

Flair's management team, Legacy Talent and Entertainment, LLC, posted an update on Flair's condition on their Facebook page over the weekend.

Flair is one of the most well-known professional wrestlers in the world. The 17-time world heavyweight champion has worked for NWA, WCW, TNA, and most recently the WWE.

His daughter, Charlotte Flair, is a popular women's wrestler in her own regard.

Copyright 2017 WIS. All rights reserved.

Larc

Aug 15, 2017, 11:44:16 AM8/15/17
On Mon, 14 Aug 2017 18:17:59 -0700 (PDT), Michael OConnor <mpoco...@aol.com> wrote:

| We need your prayers,' Wrestling icon Ric Flair's management team says
|
| Flair, 68, was hospitalized over the weekend for heart issues

Ric Flair is out of surgery after having been placed in a medically induced coma
earlier. Nothing yet on the success of his surgery.

http://www.tmz.com/2017/08/14/ric-flair-surgery-medically-induced-coma/

Larc

cathyc...@aol.com

Aug 15, 2017, 12:06:48 PM8/15/17
He looks 168.

jdunlop

Aug 15, 2017, 3:07:53 PM8/15/17
On Tuesday, August 15, 2017 at 12:06:48 PM UTC-4, cathyc...@aol.com wrote:
> He looks 168.

I saw him in person at a comic con a couple of weeks ago. He looked as old in person as on TV.

(Jimmie "J.J." Walker looked older. Then again, I think J.J.'s in his mid 70s...checked online, he's 70, only 7 years younger than his "father", John Amos.)

Michael OConnor

Aug 15, 2017, 3:39:04 PM8/15/17

> (Jimmie "J.J." Walker looked older. Then again, I think J.J.'s in his mid 70s...checked online, he's 70, only 7 years younger than his "father", John Amos.)

I met JJ about 20 years ago when I was doing radio, didn't even recognize him. I was at the station and we exchanged "hellos" as he walked past me and into the air studio and I thought nothing of it until he started plugging his upcoming local stand-up show on the air and I realized who he was. He wasn't quite as tall as I expected him to be; he was only 6-1 and I thought on that sitcom he was 6-4 or so as he seemed to tower over everybody else on the show. I did catch up with him after the interview, and we talked for a few minutes about his starring in the unintentionally hilarious "The Concorde - Airport '79" where he was a pot smoking saxophonist who liked to get high in the lavatory on the plane.

cathyc...@aol.com

Aug 15, 2017, 7:31:49 PM8/15/17
I met John Amos and his young white gay lover around 5 years ago,