T.H.E. Cat has died.

Sarah Ehrett

Dec 4, 2015, 8:22:35 PM12/4/15

And mention of the ABC series T.H.E. Cat. I have included a link
for it in an EDIT below.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/oscar-nominated-actor-robert-loggia-dies-at-85/ar-AAg24c8?ocid=ansmsnent11

Robert Loggia, a durable and versatile star of movies and TV shows
including Brian De Palma’s 1986 “Scarface” and “Big,” died Friday in
Los Angeles, his widow Audrey confirmed to Variety. He was 85.

Loggia had been battling Alzheimers Disease for the past five years.

He was nominated for a Supporting Actor Academy Award for “Jagged
Edge” in 1986 for his portrayal of a blunt private detective.

His most notable film credits included “An Officer and a Gentleman,”
“Prizzi’s Honor,” “Independence Day,” “Problem Child” and “Big,” in
which performed a memorable duet on a giant piano with Tom Hanks. He
was a Miami drug lord in “Scarface.”

Loggia was nominated for an Emmy in 1989 for his portrayal of FBI
agent Nick Mancuso in the sseries “Mancuso FBI” and again in 2000 for
his guest star role in “Malcolm in the Middle.”

Loggia was a versatile supporting actor, assembling credits on three
different episodes of “The Rockford Files” as three different
characters. He also portrayed a violent mobster named Feech La Manna
on several episodes of “The Sopranos.”

Loggia was a native of Staten Island, born to Italian immigrants.
After serving two years in the U.S. Army, he began classes with Stella
Adler and at The Actors Studio.

“He loved being an actor,” his widow told Variety. “He used to say
that he never had to work.”

“I loved Bob like a father,” Lionsgate Vice Chairman Michael Burns
told Variety.

He broke into the entertainment business performing in stage plays in
New York. His first film credit came in 1957 in the noirish “The
Garment Jungle.”

His first TV credits came in 1958 as lawman Elfego Baca in a series of
Walt Disney TV shows. Loggia’s TV credits included “The Untouchables,”
“Columbo,” “Gunsmoke,” “Voyage to the Bottom of the Sea,” “The Big
Valley,” “Rawhide,” “Little House on the Prairie,” “Starsky and
Hutch,” “Charlie’s Angels,” “Magnum, P.I.,” “Kojak,” “Hawaii Five-0,”
“The Bionic Woman,” “Frasier” and “Monk.”

** EDIT: And T.H.E. Cat https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/T.H.E._Cat

His other film roles include “Revenge of the Pink Panther,” “Over The
Top,” “Necessary Roughness,” “Return to Me” and “Armed and Dangerous.”

Loggia is survived by his widow; three children, Tracy, John and
Kristina, and a stepchild, Cynthia.

His family has asked that donations be made to the Motion Picture and
Television Fund. Loggia was an active supporter of the fund.

Funeral services will be private.

casa...@nospam.home

Dec 9, 2015, 6:33:01 PM12/9/15
On Fri, 04 Dec 2015 20:22:40 -0500, Sarah Ehrett <nine...@cox.net>
wrote:

>>His first TV credits came in 1958 as lawman Elfego Baca in a series of
>>Walt Disney TV shows.
He was a wonderful actor. Early impressions can be quite
strong and such was my reaction when I first saw him playing El Gato,
when I was eight years old. Like most Walt Disney TV shows it had
an easily remembered theme song, which I always recalled when I saw
him in anything else.

Wikipedia:
The theme song's tag line was, "And the legend was that / Like el
gato, "the cat" / Nine lives had Elfego Baca."

He was a favorite since my childhood, and it is sad
to know that I will never see him in a new role.
He had many more than nine lives, all worth seeing.
He will be missed.

tr...@iwvisp.com

Dec 9, 2015, 7:18:41 PM12/9/15
On Friday, December 4, 2015 at 5:22:35 PM UTC-8, Sarah Ehrett wrote:

> Loggia had been battling Alzheimers Disease for the past five years.

I know that Alzheimers is a often tricky and unpredictable disease but, it's interesting that IMDb list 22 projects from 2011 through 2015 for Loggia.

Ray Arthur