Jeremy Hare, singer-songwriter

deb...@comcast.net

Jan 7, 2005, 4:56:10 PM1/7/05
Wilmington musician found dead
Jeremy Hare dreamed of becoming a rock star
By TERRI SANGINITI / The News Journal
01/07/2005Wilmington singer-songwriter Jeremy Hare had a large
following at local nightclubs and was looking forward to the release of
his second CD in March.

But the musician's long-held dreams of being a rock star ended Thursday
morning on the loading dock of the AIG parking garage in Wilmington,
where passers-by found his body lying face down.

Wilmington police spokes-man Master Sgt. William Wells said officers
were called to the parking garage in the 600 block of Walnut St. about
7:20 a.m.

Hare, 32, was pronounced dead at the scene by county paramedics, who
said it appeared that he had been there some time.

Detectives are investigating the possibility that Hare either
accidentally fell or intentionally jumped from the fourth floor of the
parking garage. It has not been determined whether foul play was
involved.

He had been stressed

The building's surveillance video shows Hare running across the garage
roof at 12:30 a.m.

"There's nothing to suggest this man was pushed or forced ... at least
not on the video," Wells said.

Hare's aunt, Dori Delaney, said her nephew had been experiencing mental
problems in the past few days and was not acting like himself. She said
his mother took him to Wilmington Hospital late Wednesday night, but he
left. That was the last time his mother saw him, Delaney said.

"I think he was running away from whatever voices that were in his
head," Delaney said.

Details not yet known

An autopsy conducted at the state Medical Examiner's Office determined
Hare died of multiple blunt trauma to the head.

But the manner of death has not yet been determined, state Department
of Health and Social Services spokeswoman Allison Taylor Levine said.

Candy Schwalbauch, manager of Porky's Pub and Restaurant, said she was
in shock over her friend's death. She said she does not believe he
would have jumped to his death.

Hare played the circuit at local bars, working every other Tuesday and
Thursday at Porky's, Schwalbauch said.

"Jeremy was a unique individual," she said. "He loved life itself. He
used to compose and sing special songs for a bunch of his friends about
all the crazy things we've done."

Talent and promise

Longtime friend and agent Ace Haney said radio station WSTW regularly
plays Hare's songs, especially "In the Morning Sun," from his 2003
debut CD.

"He was a happy-go-lucky guy with all the talent in the world," Haney
said. "Why would he be up on that roof is what I'd like to know."

A Del Rose Cafe manger who did not want to be identified said Hare had
been scheduled to perform there at 10 p.m. Wednesday.

Bob Flaminio

Jan 7, 2005, 5:55:46 PM1/7/05
deb...@comcast.net wrote:
> Wilmington musician found dead
> Jeremy Hare dreamed of becoming a rock star

I wonder if he ever did a double-bill with Eddie Rabbitt?

--
Bob

deb...@comcast.net

Jan 7, 2005, 6:04:48 PM1/7/05
No, but I heard he once toured with Bunny & the Echomen...

deb...@comcast.net

Jan 7, 2005, 6:17:59 PM1/7/05
Oops, make that Echo & the Bunnymen! (Shows how big a fan I am)

Corby Gilmore

Jan 8, 2005, 12:25:08 AM1/8/05

I dont know, but I heard that he did a lot of shows on Coney Island!
--
Corby Gilmore
co...@ncf.ca

hurric...@gmail.com

Nov 22, 2017, 1:47:36 PM11/22/17
I was thinking of my old friend Jeremy today. Miss you my friend, never forget the times I played backup for you. Good times. RIP you were a great talent !