Calista cares for Harrison Ford's dying ex-wife

deb...@comcast.net

Aug 11, 2005, 2:08:45 PM8/11/05

CALISTA CARES FOR HARRISON'S DYING EX

By MYDRIM JONES

Warm-hearted Calista Flockhart is helping lover Harrison Ford care for
his first wife as she nears death.

Frail Mary Marquardt, who married the Indiana Jones hunk when he was a
humble high-school football star, is in the advanced stages of multiple
sclerosis.

Multi-millionaire Ford has bought Mary a home in Encino, Calif., and
paid for it to be adapted so she would be more comfortable.

He even pays for her enormous medical bills along with the costs of a
helper and a housekeeper.

"Harrison has been a true friend and a great love," said silver-haired
61-year-old Mary in her first interview about the man who left her when
he found fame. "Calista has been wonderful, too. I could not ask for
more.

"Harrison has stood by me, quietly asking for nothing in return,
through my darkest days.

"He is a wonderful human being. These days, you hear so many awful
stories about people. But Harrison has always been there for me whether
the world has known it or not. I shall always love him for what he has
done. He and I will forever be family. I realize how much love and
support he has given me and continues to give me."

Mary, who was diagnosed with the crippling disease five years ago,
married Ford, now 63, in 1964 after meeting in a college amateur
dramatics group.

They had two sons, Ben and Willard, before Ford walked out and the
couple divorced in 1979. The actor went on to marry screenwriter
Melissa Mathison in 1983. They separated in 2001 and divorced three
years later.

Said Mary: "Harrison and I just grew apart. But we remained great
friends through the years. "He bought me this house and has been
incredibly supportive through my illness. We are family and he has
stuck by me through thick and thin.

"In this town, it is refreshing, if not unique. People want to hear
nasty things about people but Harrison has done all this and expected
nothing back."

Said Ford: "Sometimes I've been a better actor than husband or father.
My greatest regret is the failure of my first marriage and the pain
that it caused. I made mistakes in my youth that I would rather not
admit to. I have changed."

Ford said he's happy he can now help Mary. "I've always tried to make
sure my family is properly provided for," he added.

Sarns

Aug 12, 2005, 2:59:07 AM8/12/05

<deb...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> CALISTA CARES FOR HARRISON'S DYING EX
>
> By MYDRIM JONES
>
> Warm-hearted Calista Flockhart is helping lover Harrison Ford care for
> his first wife as she nears death.

Isn't she eating either??? LOL

--
Cheers
Sarndra

One in five of the ANZACS who left their country
to fight in the war never returned; 80,000 in total.
[http://www.firstworldwar.com]

"It's not the bullet with your name on it that you have to worry about.
It's the twenty-thousand-odd rounds labelled 'Occupant'."
-Murphy's Laws of Combat

Brad Ferguson

Aug 12, 2005, 7:26:00 AM8/12/05
In article <BSXKe.2200$iM2.1...@news.xtra.co.nz>, Sarns
<newac...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:

> <deb...@comcast.net> wrote in message
> >

> > CALISTA CARES FOR HARRISON'S DYING EX
> >
> > By MYDRIM JONES
> >
> > Warm-hearted Calista Flockhart is helping lover Harrison Ford care for
> > his first wife as she nears death.
>
> Isn't she eating either??? LOL

I don't know where this is from, since debdav did not care to tell us,
but it reads like made-up tab trash -- especially the quote from Ford.

(Ah. Me old pal Google says it's from the National Enquirer, and that
Mydrim Jones works for the Sunday Mirror in London. Bizarro World
journalism.)

--
FREE JUDITH MILLER

Louis Epstein

Aug 13, 2005, 1:53:52 PM8/13/05
Sarns <newac...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
:
: <deb...@comcast.net> wrote in message

: news:1123783725.7...@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com...
:>
:>
:> CALISTA CARES FOR HARRISON'S DYING EX
:>
:> By MYDRIM JONES
:>
:> Warm-hearted Calista Flockhart is helping lover Harrison Ford care for
:> his first wife as she nears death.
:
: Isn't she eating either??? LOL

The implication would be she's letting the ex have
her food?

-=-=-

Andy Dingley

Aug 13, 2005, 5:16:24 PM8/13/05
On 11 Aug 2005 11:08:45 -0700, deb...@comcast.net wrote:

>He even pays for her enormous medical bills along with the costs of a
>helper and a housekeeper.

Jack Ryan will make a great president.