Egypt Plans New Law - Legal to Have Sex With Your Dead Wife Up to 6 Hours After Death

piks11

Apr 26, 2012, 7:03:35 PM4/26/12
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html

Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead wives - for up to six hours after their death. The controversial new law is part of a raft of measures being introduced by the Islamist-dominated parliament. It will also see the minimum age of marriage lowered to 14 and the ridding of women’s rights of getting education and employment.
Egypt’s National Council for Women is campaigning against the changes, saying that ‘marginalising and undermining the status of women would negatively affect the country’s human development’.

The subject of a husband having sex with his dead wife arose in May 2011 when Moroccan cleric Zamzami Abdul Bari said marriage remains valid even after death. He also said that women have the right to have sex with her dead husband, alarabiya.net reported.

It seems the topic, which has sparked outrage, has now been picked up on by Egypt’s politicians. TV anchor Jaber al-Qarmouty slammed the notion of letting a husband have sex with his wife after her death under the so-called ‘Farewell Intercourse’ draft law.

He said: ‘This is very serious. Could the panel that will draft the Egyptian constitution possibly discuss such issues? Did Abdul Samea see by his own eyes the text of the message sent by Talawi to Katatni? ‘This is unbelievable. It is a catastrophe to give the husband such a right! Has the Islamic trend reached that far? Is there really a draft law in this regard? Are there people thinking in this manner?’

MWB

Apr 26, 2012, 7:40:05 PM4/26/12

Hopefully they will revoke their driving privileges.

GO SHARIA LAW

Mark

Michael OConnor

Apr 26, 2012, 7:54:13 PM4/26/12
And it's a waste of time for a Muslim man to have to tell his wife "I
divorce you" three times (just like saying "Beetlejuice" three times)
to make it legal in Islam, they should just have to say it once.

Drexl

Apr 26, 2012, 7:55:49 PM4/26/12
Well, you know, you need some wiggle room. So the guy can say "I
divorce you! ............ Just kidding, honey."

J.D. Baldwin

Apr 26, 2012, 8:44:55 PM4/26/12

In the previous article, piks11 <kleppers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewel=
> l-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html
>
> Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead
> wives - for up to six hours after their death.

This smells like bullshit to me.
\ / bal...@panix.com|to deny under oath that I ever made it.-T. Lehrer

BobF

Apr 26, 2012, 8:51:57 PM4/26/12

On Fri, 27 Apr 2012 00:44:55 +0000 (UTC),
INVALID...@example.com.invalid (J.D. Baldwin) shouted from the
highest rooftop:

>In the previous article, piks11 <kleppers...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewel=
>> l-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html
>>
>> Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead
>> wives - for up to six hours after their death.
>
>This smells like bullshit to me.

So did the radio talkback host who broke the story in New Zealand. He
reported the story with the provisos that 1) He smelled a rat; and 2)
that he'd heard that it was a story put out by supporters for former
dictator Mubarak to discredit the current regime.

--

"It's not that I'm afraid to die. I just don't want to be there when it happens." - Woody Allen

Wax-up and drop-in of Surfing's Golden Years: <http://www.surfwriter.net>

piks11

Apr 26, 2012, 9:57:07 PM4/26/12
to ne...@baldwin.users.panix.com
On Thursday, April 26, 2012 7:44:55 PM UTC-5, J.D. Baldwin wrote:
> In the previous article, piks11 <kleppers...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Outrage-Egypt-plans-farewel=
> > l-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-dead-wives-hours-AFTER-death.html
> >
> > Egyptian husbands will soon be legally allowed to have sex with their dead
> > wives - for up to six hours after their death.
>
> This smells like bullshit to me.
> --

http://slog.thestranger.com/slog/archives/2012/04/26/egyptian-law-would-allow-farewell-intercourse-with-wives-corpses

I wasn’t sure if you were saying it was the act or the story that smelled like bull shit. In any event you have a good nose for such things. Here’s a blog (slog?) saying it’s a fake. But it’s the only one I saw. Looks as if everyone else in the Google World buys into it. So we’ll see.

However this turns out, that so many accept the story on face value says something about Islam and Sharia Law. One part of me wants to believe it and another part says nope it’s too over the top for even these bastards.

J.D. Baldwin

Apr 27, 2012, 1:56:09 PM4/27/12

In the previous article, piks11 <kleppers...@gmail.com> wrote,
quoting me:
> > This smells like bullshit to me.
>
> I wasn't sure if you were saying it was the act or the story that
> smelled like bull shit. In any event you have a good nose for such
> things. Here' a blog (slog?) saying it's a fake. But it's the only
> one I saw. Looks as if everyone else in the Google World buys into
> it. So we'll see.

Yeah, I searched around looking for debunkings, expecting to be able
to produce a couple of "reliable source" URLs denouncing it as a hoax.
Even snopes had nothing more than a report, no debunking there. I
figured it was just a little too early in the story cycle for people
to do any real debunking, so I confined myself a simple expression of
skepticism. The story simply does not ring true.

piks11

Apr 28, 2012, 1:14:41 AM4/28/12
On Friday, April 27, 2012 12:56:09 PM UTC-5, J.D. Baldwin wrote:
> In the previous article, piks11 <kleppers...@gmail.com> wrote,
> quoting me:
> > > This smells like bullshit to me.
> >
> > I wasn't sure if you were saying it was the act or the story that
> > smelled like bull shit. In any event you have a good nose for such
> > things. Here' a blog (slog?) saying it's a fake. But it's the only
> > one I saw. Looks as if everyone else in the Google World buys into
> > it. So we'll see.
>
> Yeah, I searched around looking for debunkings, expecting to be able
> to produce a couple of "reliable source" URLs denouncing it as a hoax.
> Even snopes had nothing more than a report, no debunking there. I
> figured it was just a little too early in the story cycle for people
> to do any real debunking, so I confined myself a simple expression of
> skepticism. The story simply does not ring true.
> --

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2135434/Egypts-plans-farewell-intercourse-law-husbands-sex-DEAD-wives-branded-complete-nonsense.html

Updated article linked to above. More are calling this complete nonsense. Much opinion, but few facts. But it seems to me the Arab press and whatever it is they have in Egypt passing for a government these days has had time to investigate the situation.